Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-22-2006, 08:20 PM   #851
kingfc22
Head Coach

Today seemed like the longest day of your life. It went on and on and on. And the end of the day it is Chris Rodgers #017 (qwikshot) who is selected. Blade, Dubb and Schmidty are all there to silence this crazed individual.

A search of his room indicates that he was probably not lying about his ability. There is no crystal ball or books by Miss Cleo, but you do some sleeping pills and you see "Anxiety - maniac" stenciled all over a binder.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:21 PM   #852
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Today seemed like the longest day of your life. It went on and on and on. And the end of the day it is Chris Rodgers #017 (qwikshot) who is selected. Blade, Dubb and Schmidty are all there to silence this crazed individual.

A search of his room indicates that he was probably not lying about his ability. There is no crystal ball or books by Miss Cleo, but you do some sleeping pills and you see "Anxiety - maniac" stenciled all over a binder.

Well, I have a lot to think about now.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:21 PM   #853
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22

Thanks King....I enjoyed the game.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:23 PM   #854
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Well, I have a lot to think about now.

Yes you do and we never "trusted" you before you revealed your role and it sounded very much like our roles. However your actions today may have damned you tomorrow, you have moved out of my "trusted" list.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:26 PM   #855
Blade6119
Coordinator

Two things...since qwik was the seer his missed scan was utterly terrible play...if he had scanned sndvls or someone tomorrow would have been much easier...

Second thing is schmidty has left my trust list as well...i dont know anymore, as either sndvls or tyrith are an assasin, and now i guess we can add schmidty to the list of possible maniacs...

Dubb, i expect one of you or i to go tonight...either way, been fun buddy
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:26 PM   #856
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Yes you do and we never "trusted" you before you revealed your role and it sounded very much like our roles. However your actions today may have damned you tomorrow, you have moved out of my "trusted" list.

That makes ZERO sense.

You both recognized my role from info before the game, while I did not. I told my role and you backed it up - whether you are good or bad. Like I said before - you damned yourself, especially since you conveniently don't trust me anymore since I've put my sights on you a bit.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:27 PM   #857
Tyrith
College Starter

I can't believe I missed the deadline. I had a brain fart and thought it was 9 CST instead of 8 CST. I didn't vote earlier because I had no idea what was going to happen.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:28 PM   #858
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
That makes ZERO sense.

You both recognized my role from info before the game, while I did not. I told my role and you backed it up - whether you are good or bad. Like I said before - you damned yourself, especially since you conveniently don't trust me anymore since I've put my sights on you a bit.
When did we recognize your role info before the game? Can you go quote it for me before you role reveal? That would be dandy
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #859
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Second thing is schmidty has left my trust list as well...i dont know anymore, as either sndvls or tyrith are an assasin, and now i guess we can add schmidty to the list of possible maniacs...

HOW!!!

That makes ZERO SENSE LOGICALLY!!! YOU were the ones that recognized my role - A role that you knew about and I didn't!!!!

Please explain how that makes me bad???? I can understand you being annoyed if you know that I'm playing badly, but to say I'm bad when you know I'm not. Unbelievable.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:33 PM   #860
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
HOW!!!

That makes ZERO SENSE LOGICALLY!!! YOU were the ones that recognized my role - A role that you knew about and I didn't!!!!

Please explain how that makes me bad???? I can understand you being annoyed if you know that I'm playing badly, but to say I'm bad when you know I'm not. Unbelievable.
I dont know how we knew about your role...dubb and i have roles, which we have stated 18 gazillion times, that are extremely similar to yours. We hinted at our roles in the early days, and then you revealed before us after being accused. It was soo close to both of ourse we both agreed it made sense. For you to make up a random role that was soo close to both of our roles would be incredible luck. We didnt know your role, we just used our heads.

The fact you forced a tie at the deadline and went againt who we wanted(and just so happened to kill the seer) is very wolf like. I only did what i did so we didnt have a tie, becuase YOU forced my hand...
Demotivation
Old 05-22-2006, 08:35 PM   #861
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I dont know how we knew about your role...dubb and i have roles, which we have stated 18 gazillion times, that are extremely similar to yours. We hinted at our roles in the early days, and then you revealed before us after being accused. It was soo close to both of ourse we both agreed it made sense. For you to make up a random role that was soo close to both of our roles would be incredible luck. We didnt know your role, we just used our heads.

The fact you forced a tie at the deadline and went againt who we wanted(and just so happened to kill the seer) is very wolf like. I only did what i did so we didnt have a tie, becuase YOU forced my hand...

Fine. You're probably right.

I give up. I'm not mad, but I'm obviously terrible at this game.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:36 PM   #862
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Meaning I give up, and will vote any way my masters want me to, even if it's for me. My brain hurts.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:38 PM   #863
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

We have trusted you for days, but you forced a tie minutes before the deadline, and begged me to swap and, as we know now, to kill the seer. I trust you more then dubb does right now, but thats damn wolflike. Your not any worse then anyone of us. I didnt trust lathum, the bodyguard, or didnt belive anxiety was a maniac. We have all been wrong this game, every game, a hundred times. What decides a good player is how they respond in that face of that exact adversity
Demotivation
Old 05-22-2006, 08:42 PM   #864
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
We have trusted you for days, but you forced a tie minutes before the deadline, and begged me to swap and, as we know now, to kill the seer. I trust you more then dubb does right now, but thats damn wolflike. Your not any worse then anyone of us. I didnt trust lathum, the bodyguard, or didnt belive anxiety was a maniac. We have all been wrong this game, every game, a hundred times. What decides a good player is how they respond in that face of that exact adversity

Like I said - I have no idea what to believe anymore. It's a crapshoot.

Like I said, I'll just go with you guys, since you're either right or wrong. It's 50-50 anyway. I'm just discouraged.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:43 PM   #865
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Like I said, I'll just go with you guys, since you're either right or wrong. It's 50-50 anyway. I'm just discouraged.

I said "like I said" a little too much there. It.......bothers me.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:44 PM   #866
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

I dont expect both of us to be around tomorrow. We shall see
Demotivation
Old 05-22-2006, 08:45 PM   #867
Schmidty
Coordinator

If it's not Blade or dubb, then it's Tyrith. I don't fully believe his lame "Oh, I thought the vote was at" whatever thing.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:46 PM   #868
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
If it's not Blade or dubb, then it's Tyrith. I don't fully believe his lame "Oh, I thought the vote was at" whatever thing.
Why not sndvls with his quieter then normal game?...just trying to get discussion before someone dies
Demotivation
Old 05-22-2006, 08:46 PM   #869
Blade6119
Coordinator

Tyrith, your here...whats your role, and who do you suspect now?
Demotivation
Old 05-23-2006, 12:42 AM   #870
kingfc22
Head Coach

Darkness suddenly fills the asylum as soon as the staff cleans up the remains of qwikshot. It is a very lonely feeling to be one of the few that has survived up to this point.

Night comes and goes. Dubb, Schmidty, Tyrith and SnDvls all storm out of their cells. It is now apparent that Henry Blackwell #222 (blade) has been murdered.

Tyrith, then turns to SnDvls and hands him the shank that has been used in the murders. A second later, he rips off his wig and makeup and reveals himself to Dubb and Schmidty as Dr. Widger.

SnDvls and Tyrtih quickly overcome the weak attempts that Bob Wittemaker #196 (dubb) and Sergei Razmonov #318 (schmidty) make to fend them off.

The evil doctor has succeeded in turning his asylum into a place of horror. We will never know what might have happened to the poor souls of Solecsimic Asylum had they succeeded in freeing themselves from their tormentor.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:45 AM   #871
hoopsguy
General Manager

I thought the villagers were going to get this one. Looking forward to the full write-up.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:51 AM   #872
kingfc22
Head Coach

First off, I want to say thanks. I had a great time running this game. I only wish we could of had some more action over the weekend and today.

I hope that everyone enjoyed this game and I know I could make some improvements in some areas in case I decide to ever run another game.

ROLES:

Tyrith - Dr. Widger. He could attempt a conversion on any night, but the maniacs would not be able to kill during that phase.

SnDvls - maniac

St. Cronin - maniac

Anxiety - normal patient, successfully converted night 1

Tanglewood and Qwik - Seers. I randomly chose who would view night 1 and then rotated each night there after.

Lathum - Bodyguard.

Path - Psycho role. Pretty much like a duke role. He could choose somebody else to kill if he was the target of a lynch.

McKerney - He had his own victory condition. He would win if he killed off 3 players that he thought were French. I randomly chose who was French before the game. These players included: Lathum, St. Cronin and Anxiety. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if mckerney lasted a little longer.

Schmidty - Could not change vote for any reason

Blade - Could not "final vote" for same person on two consecutive days

Dubb - Could only vote for someone who had a vote on them already

Barkeep and Saldana - vanilla patients
Old 05-23-2006, 12:57 AM   #873
kingfc22
Head Coach

Anxiety had bloody towels in his room because he was the killer on nights 2 and 3. I didn't put "DW" pills in his room because he was not an original maniac.

Lathum killed Barkeep on night 5. Since he stopped an attack on night 4, his reward was to have his attacker drop their weapon as they ran off. He could have handed the shank off to anyone else and they would know he handed it to them. Or he could make a night kill himself.

If Tyrith had been lynched, I would have randomly assigned the shank to a player and they would of had a chance for a night kill.

Qwik would have viewed SnDvls had he gotten me his night action over the weekend. But I did not receive his night action until after I ran the night phase. I thought I had given everyone ample time to respond and decided that it would be unfair to let him view after the phase was run.

I wasn't really sure how the "forced vote" roles would play out. I was happy how the dual seer role played out though.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:17 AM   #874
Schmidty
Coordinator

I lost this game for us. We had SnDvls and I blew it.

This is the perfect end to my WW career (as I announced earlier).

Sorry guys, and I apologize to my fellow villagers.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:25 AM   #875
SnDvls
Pro Starter

yeah...we win and so did the Suns!!!

great game King
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 01:35 AM   #876
SackAttack
Head Coach

Man, when's the last time the villagers won a game?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:29 AM   #877
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yay, we won!

FYI: My role reveal was true, I was just a generic guy with no abilities, I just happened to be converted.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:34 AM   #878
Blade6119
Coordinator

We had this game...we had sndvls by the balls until schmidty voted qwikshot...damn...im not saying tyrith wouldnt have made it interesting, but damn damn damn...we had it until 10 minutes to the deadline...oh well, good game everyone. Congrats on the win maniacs
Demotivation
Old 05-23-2006, 06:29 AM   #879
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Wait -- I was killed by Lathum and not the maniacs? Talk about a bad call.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 06:31 AM   #880
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok with that out of the way, I want to thank king for the game. I tried out something a little different, or at least tried to, in how I played and it was quite interesting. I was firmly in the Qwik and Tangle were both seers camp though I honestly thought that one of them had reduced or imaginary powers while the other was a "normal" seer. SnDvls did not surprise me as a maniac, nor, I guess, did Tyrith, though I had less of a read on him.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:23 AM   #881
stevew
Hall Of Famer

What a shocking ending.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:24 AM   #882
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola

Thats a very suprising turn of events.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:07 AM   #883
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Ok with that out of the way, I want to thank king for the game. I tried out something a little different, or at least tried to, in how I played and it was quite interesting. I was firmly in the Qwik and Tangle were both seers camp though I honestly thought that one of them had reduced or imaginary powers while the other was a "normal" seer. SnDvls did not surprise me as a maniac, nor, I guess, did Tyrith, though I had less of a read on him.

it sure would be nice to not be a bad guy for once. maybe even like 5 games in a row that way everyone wouldn't think I was a bad guy everytime.

Tyrith...I tried to PM you several times yesterday, but you're box was way full.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:07 AM   #884
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Steve (and others) I hope you sign up for Fozzie's new game. His last one is considered the best WW game ever by some folks so this one should be as good, or even better, then king's most fun game here.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:08 AM   #885
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
it sure would be nice to not be a bad guy for once. maybe even like 5 games in a row that way everyone wouldn't think I was a bad guy everytime.

Tyrith...I tried to PM you several times yesterday, but you're box was way full.
I've done the wolf 5 times in a row thing. I know what you're saying.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:16 AM   #886
saldana
Pro Starter

gg everyone, too bad for me i was only in it for 5 minutes. nicely done King, i particularly like the fact that there were some new roles and mechanics in there that none of us have used before...keeping the game fresh makes it more enjoyable.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:27 AM   #887
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

King- Thanks for running a great game. The only question I have is could the doctor have converted anyone or did they get very lucky on night one?

Barkeep- Sorry for killing you. I knew the maniacs were gonna kill me since I couldn't protect myself 2 nights in a row so I wanted to take someone with me and you seemed like the best choice at the time.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:41 AM   #888
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
Barkeep- Sorry for killing you. I knew the maniacs were gonna kill me since I couldn't protect myself 2 nights in a row so I wanted to take someone with me and you seemed like the best choice at the time.
I don't think that is true :P
Old 05-23-2006, 10:54 AM   #889
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
King- Thanks for running a great game. The only question I have is could the doctor have converted anyone or did they get very lucky on night one?

It wasn't a sure thing, but the odds were in their favor. It was done with a random number generator. They had a 66% chance of success. 24% chance that they would be seen and anxiety would then be given 3 names to help narrow down the search for his possible attacker. 10% chance that anxiety would discover who it was that tried to convert him.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:58 AM   #890
path12
Coordinator

Good game maniacs. Man -- Tyrith the successful wolf out of the gate!

Enjoyed the game, King. Wish I could have survived a bit longer in it.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #891
st.cronin
General Manager

I think that was the most fun werewolf game I've been in yet.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:00 AM   #892
st.cronin
General Manager

Tyrith gets the wolf MVP award. He played a very strong game, and had a very solid grasp on strategy. Even after me and Anxiety were lynched, I had no doubt we would win.

knives out
Old 05-23-2006, 11:01 AM   #893
path12
Coordinator

I'm voting him first next time.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #894
Tyrith
College Starter

I did precisely what was expected of me -- I didn't do anything. I cast my votes and sit on my rear quitely. I assumed the second I started strategizing openly I would lose my newbie shield and people would start looking more closely.

The last lynch vote was really an honest mistake. As I'm sure you had noticed, I had been looking in the thread most of the day, I was just waiting for the other votes to fall. Lucky that I did, there's a decent chance I would have cast off sndvls, taken the night kill, and tried to get Qwikshot lynched to win.

Anxiety as the convert was done because I wanted a quiet player that didn't have a mckerney vote -- the other name rattling around in my head was path, who was killed for being a quiet player with no heat on him two nights later. When we had the night attack against Lathum blocked I thought we were dead, but the alternative -- killing one of the seers -- actually would have been a lot worse for us in the long run, as the suspicion went.

What really killed the villagers was how much suspicion they put on the tangle/qwik seer pair, instead of believing the theory that they were alternating nights. Otherwise me and sndvls would have come out flashing in the bullseye as the only non-aligned players left.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:49 PM   #895
saldana
Pro Starter

king, not to be a critical asshole, but i think the balance would have been a bit more even with only 2 baddies and a conversion. the ratio for this game was 1:2.5 (wolves:villagers). thats a pretty tough hill for the villagers to climb. with one less wolf, it would have gone up to 1:3.667, which is where i try to keep my starting ratios around (1:4 being my optimum ratio). just my .02...great game either way.

Last edited by saldana : 05-23-2006 at 12:49 PM.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #896
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
king, not to be a critical asshole, but i think the balance would have been a bit more even with only 2 baddies and a conversion. the ratio for this game was 1:2.5 (wolves:villagers). thats a pretty tough hill for the villagers to climb. with one less wolf, it would have gone up to 1:3.667, which is where i try to keep my starting ratios around (1:4 being my optimum ratio). just my .02...great game either way.

I agree the game was slanted towards the wolves, but I don't think king quite anticipated how the double seer thing would play out. I'm guessing he thought that would be an advantage for the village, more so than just one seer, instead of a massive handicap.

knives out
Old 05-23-2006, 12:53 PM   #897
SnDvls
Pro Starter

if qwik got his scan in the game would have been over and the villagers would have won.

he would have seen me as a baddie, and dubb, blade & schmidty would have been tied to him/eachother as good guys.

that would have left on man and game over.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:56 PM   #898
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
if qwik got his scan in the game would have been over and the villagers would have won.

he would have seen me as a baddie, and dubb, blade & schmidty would have been tied to him/eachother as good guys.

that would have left on man and game over.

I still could have brought us closer to victory if I hadn't f'ed up with the Qwikshot vote. Having said that, looking back on the fact that he voted for himself for no real reason takes some of the blame off my shoulders.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:27 PM   #899
Tyrith
College Starter

I would have dogpiled in on Qwikshot and it would have been a big mess anyway.