Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-30-2006, 09:13 PM   #301
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
No, I wasn't confused.

I feel bad for Tangle, he's a different time zone and seems to get hammered for it all the time.

Sweet. I think I'll be even more out of the loop than he weill be.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:15 PM   #302
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I find it amazing that players like Blade and hoops can slip through these things.

hoops, the whole "I know I'm" wears thin to me, you are stating what seems to be the obvious but it's not...you are claim that you know you are a wolf, that's not the same as proving it.

I also find it curious that Blade and hoops voted for Tangle.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:15 PM   #303
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Sweet. I think I'll be even more out of the loop than he weill be.

Drink your beer wolfie...May the wolf goddess smile upon you.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 05-30-2006, 09:15 PM   #304
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
this doesnt make any sense....its clear that tangle is in wolf form if he has his tail down....and if the magic ends when the target dies, how does his body not change...the only way that makes any sense is if tangle were a real wolf, not a werewolf

A Werewolf has three forms; Wolf (most of the time) Human (when hiding amongst villagers) and Werewolf (which has the human form with the claws). you all have been locked into wolf form by the wizard.

If you look at the notes, I keep saying Wolf
Old 05-30-2006, 09:17 PM   #305
st.cronin
General Manager

So does that mean tangle was a wolf, or a henchman?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:18 PM   #306
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

a wolf. If he had been a non-werewolf, upon his death, he would have shifted forms into whatever he was
Old 05-30-2006, 09:18 PM   #307
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
A Werewolf has three forms; Wolf (most of the time) Human (when hiding amongst villagers) and Werewolf (which has the human form with the claws). you all have been locked into wolf form by the wizard.

If you look at the notes, I keep saying Wolf

So was he a wolf, cause I'm not sure,

If it has wolf claws, wolf teeth, wolf fur, but Vin Diesel says "it's a cat!", then it's a goddamn cat!

Old 05-30-2006, 09:19 PM   #308
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

*smacks Qwik with an 8 iron*
Old 05-30-2006, 09:22 PM   #309
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

btw I am sending this link to a funny cartoon which seems exactly like our situation

Yay wolves

http://www.houseofglass.org/site/dat...k/Werewolf.jpg
Old 05-30-2006, 09:28 PM   #310
hoopsguy
General Manager

Qwik, I don't know how to "prove" I'm a wolf in this format.

I'm trying to be pretty clear in my approach to the game when I post - obviously I'm not thrilled that my vote ended up on a teammate today. But I'm willing to avoid the phrase "I know I'm a " if it is moving into pet peeve territory.

Working through my suspicions after this vote, at the moment I'm putting Blade further back on the list. I think that the henchmen would have required pretty steely nerves to wait that action out over the last hour if one of their own was on the block. So Schmidty, Tyrith, and Saldana move up my list at the moment.

The kicker in this is if one of our absentees (and throw AE in, since he wasn't around until it was too late to impact the results) is a henchman. Depending on the number of henchmen, they might have been able to avoid having a vote on Tanglewood. They won't want to cluster, and I'm assuming there are at least three of them. So that is why I think one of them would be on the leading vote getter at the end of the day.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:32 PM   #311
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
I find it amazing that players like Blade and hoops can slip through these things.

hoops, the whole "I know I'm" wears thin to me, you are stating what seems to be the obvious but it's not...you are claim that you know you are a wolf, that's not the same as proving it.

I also find it curious that Blade and hoops voted for Tangle.

I have a theory about hoops this game, but it has to wait until later. I'll share it when/if it becomes appropriate.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:35 PM   #312
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Good luck guys.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:37 PM   #313
saldana
Pro Starter

hoops, would you have prefered i left it a tie...no good could come from that, as i doubt that either head character would have used up their 1 time tie break. i knew i would garner some suspicions by moving onto the lynch victim, but i didnt see a better option.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:41 PM   #314
Schmidty
Coordinator

Fucking A. Now, because I made a stupid joke-vote, I have a target on my back. Shit.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:43 PM   #315
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, probably not looking for the tie - had the option to force that myself and didn't take it.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:44 PM   #316
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Working through my suspicions after this vote, at the moment I'm putting Blade further back on the list. I think that the henchmen would have required pretty steely nerves to wait that action out over the last hour if one of their own was on the block. So Schmidty, Tyrith, and Saldana move up my list at the moment.

Two can play at that game. The fact that you were the first to conveniently latch onto my silly vote, makes you move up on my suspicious list.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:44 PM   #317
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Fucking A. Now, because I made a stupid joke-vote, I have a target on my back. Shit.

Oh c'mon. You had the first vote on a day one lynch. Any target that gives you is a very very small one. Now, if you do the same thing tomorrow......
Old 05-30-2006, 09:52 PM   #318
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Oh c'mon. You had the first vote on a day one lynch. Any target that gives you is a very very small one. Now, if you do the same thing tomorrow......

hey, I don't put it past people like hoopsguy (who already did) and Blade to use any little thing to cast a negative shadow on another player.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:58 PM   #319
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
hey, I don't put it past people like hoopsguy (who already did) and Blade to use any little thing to cast a negative shadow on another player.

Yeah, but that's just the way they play -- they see something, prod it a little bit, and usually move on unless they get a weird response. I think that barring any strange or unusual behavior on your part (like not being paranoid and defensive -- I KID!!) they'll have a hard time getting a majority on you just for that.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:59 PM   #320
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Yeah, but that's just the way they play -- they see something, prod it a little bit, and usually move on unless they get a weird response. I think that barring any strange or unusual behavior on your part (like not being paranoid and defensive -- I KID!!) they'll have a hard time getting a majority on you just for that.
Why am i being included in the whole schmidty accusation thing? i havent mentioned him one way or another all game...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:01 PM   #321
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty, voting records are a significant part of the game. At this point I believe that this is the only information we have to work with in the game.

If you have another approach we should be taking to determine suspects at this moment in time, then I'm all ears.

I think there are a couple of reasons to discuss this tonight:
1.) I might be killed (or converted) during night actions
2.) I provide my insight - for better or worse - for the role players to integrate into their actions
3.) I give other wolves a bigger surface area of my actions to review in determining what part I have to play in this story
Old 05-30-2006, 10:03 PM   #322
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, there was Post #100 ...

Quote:
Not 6 posts before yours hoops....think it bears mentioning again and again

Quote:
Are you saying that you're a Wolf?

Old 05-30-2006, 10:03 PM   #323
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Why am i being included in the whole schmidty accusation thing? i havent mentioned him one way or another all game...

Oops -- we're talking about your old style. I didn't notice if you had said anything or not, I was just responding to what Schmidty said.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:15 PM   #324
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Maybe tangle stayed in wolf form because wolf form is the natural state for werewolves? Maybe all three states are natural and non-magical? Instead, if we had killed a henchmen, it would have turned into whatever the henchman normally is, like a pixie or something.

Of course, maybe the henchmen are also wolves only mind controlled or magical wolves or something. Maybe one henchman is a wolf naturally with the ability to speak an the other is some sort of shapeshifter. Maybe Tangle was a Thing, who knows?

I like this fantasy stuff better than Things and Lunatics, though.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:22 PM   #325
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Maybe tangle stayed in wolf form because wolf form is the natural state for werewolves? Maybe all three states are natural and non-magical? Instead, if we had killed a henchmen, it would have turned into whatever the henchman normally is, like a pixie or something.

Of course, maybe the henchmen are also wolves only mind controlled or magical wolves or something. Maybe one henchman is a wolf naturally with the ability to speak an the other is some sort of shapeshifter. Maybe Tangle was a Thing, who knows?

-Anxiety

It's certainly possible that tangle was a henchman with powerful magic; that's a role type that's been in other games. I think it's best not to worry about that possibility, though.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 10:28 PM   #326
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
It's certainly possible that tangle was a henchman with powerful magic; that's a role type that's been in other games. I think it's best not to worry about that possibility, though.
Ummmmm....read a little bit guys:

Quote:
a wolf. If he had been a non-werewolf, upon his death, he would have shifted forms into whatever he was
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:30 PM   #327
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Blade, there was Post #100 ...
I didnt say what i felt about it, i merely pointed out a situation to answer your question...same you just did for me.
Demotivation
Old 05-30-2006, 10:31 PM   #328
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Ummmmm....read a little bit guys:

Must you be so condescending. That's it, you're on ignore.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 10:33 PM   #329
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

-Anxiety

Damnit. I worked so fucking hard on that game.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:51 PM   #330
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Must you be so condescending. That's it, you're on ignore.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
Demotivation
Old 05-31-2006, 01:03 AM   #331
saldana
Pro Starter

just to let everyone know my schedule for wednesday is going to be a bit spotty as far as board access goes...i have to drive about 6 hours to montreal early in the morning (about 4 hours from now), and then i will be at the Mondial de la Biere for the bulk of the day. i'll check in when i am at my hotel, and will try and remember to stop drinking long enough to get back for the vote.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:50 AM   #332
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Damnit. I worked so fucking hard on that game.

There's a difference between the game mechanics and the flavor. Your mechanics were spot on. I like this flavor better though, no insult intended.

-Anxiety

Old 05-31-2006, 07:56 AM   #333
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I know the day is over. And it was Day 1. But I need to respond to what Anxiety said, despite the fact that no one else joined him in voting for me.
Quote:
There are several reasons why I am voting thusly. One, because being the first to jump on a new guy is a bit antagonistic for me.
Let's just be clear. This new guy abused the fact the fact that people were giving him slack, as he was new, in order to coast to a victory. His very strategy revolved around the fact that he was new and thus could be quiet. All things considered? Pretty damn smart. As such he recieves no slack from me.
Quote:
Secondly, being the first to jump on anyone is a bit antagonistic for me.
Fair enough.
Quote:
Thirdly, jumping on someone for what they did in a previous game (were quiet) is a bit too antagonsitic for me.
This too would be fair, despite my response to it, in terms of discouraging a certain style of play, were it not for the next line.
Quote:
And fourth, it's just not in character for me to vote for anyone else
So just to be clear: "Others shouldn't think about the ways they have acted previously, but I, with a cute little smilely to go along with it, will."

Like I said it wasn't of much consequence, but I didn't want to just leave it out there. Hopefully more D1 reactions from me soon.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:06 AM   #334
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Morning's a bit delayed, I'm seeking clarification of an action.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:23 AM   #335
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Morning's a bit delayed, I'm seeking clarification of an action.
I hope not too delayed as I have only morning availability again.

Ok some thoughts after reading over the thread. First it had it's normal flow. I was trying to find somebody who seemed to really be hopping on the bandwagon, and the closest I can get is saldana at 238, tying it up or cronin at 188 giving Blade a 3-2 lead. But even that comes up short. Frankly I think it's in the humans best interests NOT to have it revealed on Day 1 whether they voted for human or wolf. I agree voting patterns are essential in this game. There were only two people who cast a "safe" vote all day, in that there was no real reason to believe their vote would lead to a lynch: Ardent and Anxiety. While both can be justified on their own, I would love to hear some discussion today about these two as they can lay the best claim to "I knew so and so was innocent and so I cast my vote for SO and SO".
Old 05-31-2006, 08:32 AM   #336
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If I don't get clarification by 11 AM EDT, I will go with my best possible interpertation.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:21 AM   #337
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, I like the train of thought on defending the votes that were not for one of the vote leaders.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:25 AM   #338
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I know the day is over. And it was Day 1. But I need to respond to what Anxiety said, despite the fact that no one else joined him in voting for me.

Let's just be clear. This new guy abused the fact the fact that people were giving him slack, as he was new, in order to coast to a victory. His very strategy revolved around the fact that he was new and thus could be quiet. All things considered? Pretty damn smart. As such he recieves no slack from me.
Fair enough.
This too would be fair, despite my response to it, in terms of discouraging a certain style of play, were it not for the next line.

So just to be clear: "Others shouldn't think about the ways they have acted previously, but I, with a cute little smilely to go along with it, will."

Like I said it wasn't of much consequence, but I didn't want to just leave it out there. Hopefully more D1 reactions from me soon.

Yeah, thew whole thing was facetious, Day One, "I have no idea who to vote for" stuff, now the real game begins.

-Anxiety

Old 05-31-2006, 09:29 AM   #339
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I hope not too delayed as I have only morning availability again.

Ok some thoughts after reading over the thread. First it had it's normal flow. I was trying to find somebody who seemed to really be hopping on the bandwagon, and the closest I can get is saldana at 238, tying it up or cronin at 188 giving Blade a 3-2 lead. But even that comes up short. Frankly I think it's in the humans best interests NOT to have it revealed on Day 1 whether they voted for human or wolf. I agree voting patterns are essential in this game. There were only two people who cast a "safe" vote all day, in that there was no real reason to believe their vote would lead to a lynch: Ardent and Anxiety. While both can be justified on their own, I would love to hear some discussion today about these two as they can lay the best claim to "I knew so and so was innocent and so I cast my vote for SO and SO".

I have no problem doing that. I certainly don't know anything about anybody, especially on Day One. You even agreed with my a couple of my reasosn for voting for you. Now that I have more info, obviously, I prefer to look elsewhere. I just don't feel comfortable voting for someone, no matter what others are doing, if I don't feel that they are the antagonists. I won't vote for Blade simply because everyone else does it unless I see some reason to.

-Anxiety

Old 05-31-2006, 09:47 AM   #340
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

THe night passes, and in the darkest of night.. there's a huge flash of light.. and when you allinvestigate, QWIKSHOT'S body has been found smoking as if electrocuted.

He still has a snarl on his face, and despite death relaxing his muscles, it's obvious that he attempted to bite someone before being blasted.

Day 2 has begun.

Gone: Tanglewood, Qwikshot
Old 05-31-2006, 09:59 AM   #341
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Whoah.

Okay, quick question for those more experienced. Do antagonists, for lack of a better term this go around, noramlly take out a guy gunning for one of them, or gunning for someone else? In my two games, I saw it regularly used to take out people gunning for them, but I don;t know what the trend is, yet, having little experience myself.

In other words, should we take a look at the people who Qwikshot was looking at, or should we instead think that the antagonists were trying to throw us off their scent by taking out Qwikshot and sending us elsewhere?

-Anxiety

Old 05-31-2006, 10:03 AM   #342
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, trying to figure out why Qwikshot?

1.) Voted Blade yesterday, pretty early, didn't change
2.) Post #161
Quote:
This should be a calm process, something will give, and we'll claw through the discussion.
maybe someone thought there was a hint there?
3.) Post #173 has some thoughts on "mage killer" - maybe they took that to indicate that Qwik was a threat?
4.) Maybe killing him to put more heat on Blade and me, since he singled us out in Post #302?

I'm guessing that the bad guys were hunting for specials here - I think that is the optimal play for them.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:04 AM   #343
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Anxiety the quick answer is: Yes. Yes they take out people gunning for them and yes they take out people who hadn't in hope that people won't be able to draw a connection. Normally the baddies have a reason, whether it's to take out somebody that was suspicious of them or to take out somebody who they think had a role.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:10 AM   #344
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anxiety, different people have different ways of playing the antagonist role so it is hard to have a uniform set of rules. I'll give you an example of my thought process in "Thing"
1.) I wanted to get the seer ASAP
2.) Once the seer was revealed, I wanted to get the bodyguard ASAP and double-back for the seer
3.) Once I felt like I was too vulnerable to a seer scan I went back to get the seer

So I think that gunning for the specials makes the most sense. Other villains have taken the approach of gunning down the most active players, figuring that slowing in-game conversation is a way to create more random votes. A 3rd approach is to leave the most active players alive to point fingers at each other, while taking out the most random target you can find. This leads to questions of, "Why is Player X still alive if he isn't a villain" which can end up dominating the conversation while the real villains hide.

Lots of ways to play the bad guy role, just as there are a ton of ways to play as a simple villager. That is what makes the game fun for me.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:14 AM   #345
Barkeep49
Coordinator

And to build off of what has already been said, the baddies need not be consistent in the reasons they kill somebody.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:24 AM   #346
hoopsguy
General Manager

At this point, I'm hoping that someone has meaningful information to share from last night to help with the voting process. If that doesn't materialize then I'm probably going to head down the path I had outlined last night and look at the group who voted for Tanglewood.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:31 AM   #347
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Still around for a bit but I wanted to get things started while I'm still here:

Vote Ardent
Less to do with the quiet aspect, as I can vouch for his being stranded in St Louis, but more with the pointlessness of his vote when he votes so late in the cycle.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:53 AM   #348
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

It was a pleasure...I know when I talk I'm always dead meat.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:56 AM   #349
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I'm out for the day. Will be much more involved going forward especially next couple of days as I have off.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:59 AM   #350
st.cronin
General Manager

VOTE HOOPSGUY

He's bad luck, fellas.

knives out