Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-14-2006, 08:40 PM   #1
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ping Werewolf players: Great moments in werewolf

Hoops just posted in the current game about some great moments so I figured it would be fun to start a thread about everyones best and worst moments. Feel free to not only post your own moments but other peoples as well. Feel free to post links as well as post numbers along with those links.

For me my faviorate moment was killing Blade in the Egypt game.

My best moment was actually a move I made on Dubb in one of the early game when I was the turncoat and made a play on him.

My most crowning moment was being the first player ever lynched in werewolf.

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
hoopsguy
General Manager

Favorite moment - anytime I'm busted by a seer and live to see another day. Has happened twice, with a 3rd instance that was nearly as damning with two players each partially busting me attempting a kill.

Best moment - continuing to apply heat on Vince in the first Spawn game after he was the converted doctor.

Worst moment - when Fouts turncoated all of the bad guys in X-Com. We had convinced the "villagers" to kill someone not fingered by Fouts, but Swaggs duked me and the game ended quickly after that.

Barkeep and I have had some conversations about putting together a thread, or series of threads and/or polls, that expand on this concept.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I love my game a couple of games ago when I was nailing everything left and right including an appropriate defense of Blade.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
3rd instance that was nearly as damning with two players each partially busting me attempting a kill.

My game

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:57 PM   #5
Blade6119
Coordinator

Favorite moment - The entire x-com game, even post mortem...it was my first game, and has always been my favorite. The stars aligned in that one, just an amazing game

Best moment - The game when as the turncoat with no knowledge of the bad guys i spent each day pulling out a new role reveal, culminating in the reporters assistant and ended up victorious.

Worst moment - Trusting Alan soo much in the ninja game when he was a bad guy and was the one who actually blinded me
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:00 PM   #6
Fouts
College Starter

Favorite moment - Posting all the aliens names (blade, raiders army, hoops) as the traitor in the X-Com game. Since I was able to see all the PM's from the aliens before my reveal, it was funny to keep reading the PM's as the slowly figured out what I had done and cut me off.

Best moment - Being the last creature alive (after multiple outlaw kills), and pulling off the win by coming up with crazy dream sequences that the remaining outlaws and sheriffs believed. Having BrianD become the Invulnerable Wizard helped alot.

Worst moment - Many of them by targetting the wrong people for the right reasons, but nothing so bad as to lose the game (yet).
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:07 PM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hmm my best moment - probably the recent Spawn game (Spawn II) where I got the luckiest roll ever earned complete trust from everyone and one by one sent the other officers off on missions to get them killed where I assumed complete control of the ship and unable to be lynched as a bad guy.

Worst moment - when I was a bad guy with pretty good trust, decided to make a move and ended up going head to head with the duke (I think was Sndvls). don't remember what game that was.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:09 PM   #8
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Best moment - Being the seer in the 40k game and helping my team to win.

Um, yeah....

Maybe I will come back and edit this post one day.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:11 PM   #9
hoopsguy
General Manager

Some really good WW stuff where I wasn't involved that have not been mentioned:
- ending of Neon Chaos game with the gangsters. Super-taut ending, think it was the best one I can recall
- Dubb had a fake reveal, as an auxiliary evil (think sorceror) that basically won the game for the bad guys
- watching the Rivers Edge game come together, with a huge mano-a-mano between BrianD and SirFozzie
Old 09-14-2006, 09:13 PM   #10
saldana
Pro Starter

best moment - as a bad guy, pulling a fake reveal after being witnessed and getting Dubb, who was the real witness lynched instead (outlaws game)

- nailing alant in the ninja game as a wolf, while he had blade totally convinced he was a good guy (of course alan repaid me by using his brutal wolf power to kill me)

worst moment - several games after the fake witness move when it was down to myself, dubb, and i cant remember who...dubb was known to be good, and he was going to kill the other person and win, or kill me and lose with the last lynch of the game....courtesty of the aforementioned screwjob, i couldnt convince him i was on his team, he lynched me, and the villagers lost.

most fun moment ever - writing the death scene at the end of the Jedi game where i parodied Monty Python...i had planned it all along to be the death scene for the first sith that got killed, but since they ran the table, i decided to use it anyway.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:22 PM   #11
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, is that the NeonChaos game? If so, was Pennywiseb the other player?
Old 09-14-2006, 09:25 PM   #12
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Saldana, is that the NeonChaos game? If so, was Pennywiseb the other player?

i cant remember...i have been looking for it for about an hour and cant figure out which game it was.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:48 PM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Best moment Part I: Catching Wolfie Brian D in a role reveal, which basically won the villagers the game, making up for some STUPID plays in previous days/

Best Moment Part 2: The whole XCom game. So much fun. So much hatred of me by the players by the end

Worst Moment: The ninja game, everything I disliked about WW at that point

Last edited by SirFozzie : 09-14-2006 at 09:49 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:52 PM   #14
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Best moment Part I: Catching Wolfie Brian D in a role reveal, which basically won the villagers the game, making up for some STUPID plays in previous days/

I remember that. You set the bait and he got caught. Made it easy for me to vote on that one.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:00 PM   #15
Poli
FOFC Survivor

My favorite game was my 2nd as a "wolf" where I and another (Fouts?) basically called the shots and we ended up with a virtual shutout win for the wolves. We didn't lose a wolf, but gained a turncoat (blade, I think).
Old 09-14-2006, 11:05 PM   #16
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
most fun moment ever - writing the death scene at the end of the Jedi game where i parodied Monty Python...i had planned it all along to be the death scene for the first sith that got killed, but since they ran the table, i decided to use it anyway.

Running the table was basically my favorite moment, although that game was really more hoops' prowess than my own.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:15 PM   #17
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Running the table was basically my favorite moment, although that game was really more hoops' prowess than my own.

i didnt really think of the overall games i have run, but you cant imagine how much fun it has been to sit back and watch the villagers fall on their faces 37 straight times....it was almost painful at sometimes, but mostly hilarious.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:16 PM   #18
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
My favorite game was my 2nd as a "wolf" where I and another (Fouts?) basically called the shots and we ended up with a virtual shutout win for the wolves. We didn't lose a wolf, but gained a turncoat (blade, I think).

Note my best moment^^^^
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:18 PM   #19
Schmidty
Coordinator

My best moment was admitting that I'm horrible.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:19 PM   #20
Groundhog
Coordinator

Favourite moment: Seeing an active thread on the frontpage of FOFC at a usually quiet period of the day.

Worst moment: Noticing it was a werewolf thread.

j/k
Old 09-14-2006, 11:23 PM   #21
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
My best moment was admitting that I'm horrible.

it must be nice to re-live that moment every game
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:59 PM   #22
saldana
Pro Starter

i must say the more i think about it, running the games i have done has been a lot of work, but also a shitload of fun, especially coming up with unique ways for people to die...in addition to the monty python bit, i loved giving lathum a bright pink lightsaber, shoving someones lighsaber down blades throat (which i think is a dream of all of ours ), and making EaglesFan27 choke to death on a golden snitch, much like his namesakes from Philly.

other things i didnt get to do but were gonna be fun were having Blade cast his patronus as a giant yak with enormous testicles, and i was really looking forward to having the sith apprentice kill the sith lord and totally screw with the jedi
Old 09-15-2006, 02:04 AM   #23
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Crazy Werewolf game, it will never take off.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:42 AM   #24
Vince
Pro Starter

There are so many good moments that to try and narrow it down is difficult. The Spawn game, however, was my favorite game by far.

Favorite Moment -- The entire Spawn game.

I was the Doctor, and nailed more than one spawn almost immediately. That got me on everyone's trusted list, and allowed me some serious leeway early on when I was converted to a Spawn myself.

Worst Moment -- Schmidty forgetting to submit a night action when we were the only Spawn left, and I was locked in the Brig.

Late in the Spawn game, Schmidty and I were the only Spawn left. I, as the Doctor, had been continually put in the Brig to "keep me safe from the Spawn," so I was actually unable to attack anyone as Spawn, and I relied upon Schmidty to do the job for me. As time (and peoples' trust) dwindled, there was a crucial night period where Schmidty was to attack Mr. Wednesday before he could use his 'empathy' power to test a statement about whether or not I was Spawn...anxious to see how it went, I woke up in the morning only to find a PM telling me that Schmidty had not sent in any night instructions, and that there was not even an attempted attack. Between myself, my brother and my dad (I had explained the game to them as it was going, and was relaying the events as they happened), Schmidty's name has been cursed enough to last a life time because of that day

Best Moment -- Probably in the same game...the fact that I was able to keep everyone convinced that I was not Spawn for 2 or 3 days, and the only reason that I was 'caught out' was because Mr. Wednesday was able to scan a statement he made to the effect of "Vince is Spawn." Hoops was pretty much the only person who had any idea that I was not legit anymore.

I drafted about 10 different last ditch efforts that I polluted Barkeep's inbox with in an attempt to maintain trust. My favorite was an attempt at taking someone into the doctor's office during the day for an examination, only to injure myself intentionally and stagger out. It would have been marvelous
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:51 AM   #25
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Crazy Werewolf game, it will never take off.

With all due respect Godfather, I believe you are mistaken....
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:23 AM   #26
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I don't know how you Werewolf players can pick out great moments when you've had 40000 games on this board. I remember seeing the thread title to Werewolf 40000, and I was thinking, "Damn, they've done more of these than I'd thought!"
Old 09-15-2006, 09:24 AM   #27
rkmsuf
Head Coach

the title of this thread is hilarious

"great moments in werewolf"

lol
Old 09-15-2006, 12:50 PM   #28
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

I had a lot of fun with this even though it went badly for me. I had a few people convinced that I was the true doctor and you were the fake one, but I couldn't maintain that conviction over the whole weekend. I still maintain that had this happened mid-week, I'd have come out on top.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:52 PM   #29
st.cronin
General Manager

My favorite game was the one I hosted, which is why I'm eager to do that again.

My best moment ... probably the fun I had in Coffee's game as an elemental, after I was outed.

Worst moment ... there have been so many. I played quite poorly in the Schmidty game.

Dubb's bang-bang-bang setup (I think he got three straight villagers with a fake reveal, although one of them was him) is easily the best move I've seen.

Lathum killing Blade in the necro game was the funniest thing ever. It still brings a smile to my face.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:57 PM   #30
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
My favorite memory is from the stellar Star Wars game hosted by saldana. I didn't realize how close I was to being a goner until reading all of the post-game notes people put up. I was just clever enough to not have the other guys pull the trigger and get rid of me.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:02 PM   #31
Airhog
Captain Obvious

How can anyone forget my performance as the duke in one of the first werewolf games. that was nuts!

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:31 PM   #32
Celeval
Pro Starter

Only been in the Lost game - but I had the last kill of that with a special kill-anyone-anytimg power, which won the game for the survivors, so that was a nice moment for me. :-D
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:09 PM   #33
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Let's see, I haven't been in many but...

Silencing Cronin in the Egypt game to get him lynched and basically seeing his head explode in my mind

Double crossing Barkeep in the Orzohva game when I was a spy, "Send Barkeep to bribe, offer 1 gold"
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #34
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Let's see, I haven't been in many but...

Silencing Cronin in the Egypt game to get him lynched and basically seeing his head explode in my mind

Double crossing Barkeep in the Orzohva game when I was a spy, "Send Barkeep to bribe, offer 1 gold"

The "silence" thing was pretty evil, but ... um, I was actually offline the entire time you had me silenced, so you could have saved it.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:38 PM   #35
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog View Post
How can anyone forget my performance as the duke in one of the first werewolf games. that was nuts!

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:53 PM   #36
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Helping hand over the bad guy in the Warhammer game and still being lynched
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote