Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-11-2004, 12:24 AM   #251
BlueMage
Mascot

i think i'll spend it on whirlpools in the press boxes and buy an old bomber to fly my team around, a la major league
BlueMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 07:02 PM   #252
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Better yet, spend it on Cheerleaders.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:07 PM   #253
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

Fockers - SouthPark Cows 0 - 0

View game: HT Live
Date: 2/16/2004 at 01.00
MatchID: 11027060
Arena: Fockers Arena
Crowd: 35151

35151 spectators arrived at Fockers Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Fockers had chosen a strategic 4-5-1 formation. The following players had been chosen: Paulusz - Nowak, Oerlemans, Läfvengård, Gnaegi - Wolfe, Leone, Lindhell, Müller, Snashall - Bulygin.

SouthPark tactics involved an interesting 5-3-2 combination. Lineup: Tirado - Davis, An, Fredriksson, Cronbom, Tewari - Crain, Millard, Danhof - Dey, Orkola.

Fockers strategy involved pressing and cutting off attack angles of their opponents from all over the field. It was obvious that SouthPark were using pressing as their primary tactic. At this time in the match, Fockers were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. The referee showed Fockerss Roberto Leone the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. At this time in the match, SouthPark were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 0. Fockers held the ball, with a clear 75 percent possession rate.

Yuri Danhof of SouthPark received a yellow card in the 69:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Fockers had obvious problems in finding their positions. In the games 76:th minute Fockers´s Laurence Gnaegi fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Laurence Gnaegi for taking a dive. After a fine move down the middle Elias Läfvengård nearly gave the home side one up in the 79:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. Yefim Bulygin of Fockers received a yellow card in the 83rd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Fockers held the ball, with a clear 73 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Fockers player was without a doubt Roberto Leone. Gayle Snashall on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Fred Tirado. Jonas Cronbom was a disappointment, however. The match ends 0 - 0.

Fockers
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: Play it Cool
Tactic: Pressing
Tactic skill: inadequate

Midfield: outstanding
Right Side Defence: supernatural
Central Defence: mythical
Left Side Defence: supernatural
Right Side Attack: wretched
Central Attack: poor
Left Side Attack: poor

SouthPark Cows
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Pressing
Tactic skill: passable

Midfield: weak
Right Side Defence: magical
Central Defence: divine
Left Side Defence: supernatural
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: formidable
Left Side Attack: inadequate

Hmm well defensive pressing vs defensive pressing.. lytic you shoulda played your B team in bad positions.. I prolly woulda gotten the win that way. Great season everyone..

Do we wanna try to get the demotee demoted? ooo?
Old 02-15-2004, 09:09 PM   #254
BlueMage
Mascot

nice match boys, thanks for pushing me to 6th.. i wanted a tough qual match anyway... you guys know if they've got the games figured out yet?
Old 02-15-2004, 09:32 PM   #255
BlueMage
Mascot

looks like i've got a match against he-who-must-not-be-named. I'm going to do my best to get those new cheerleaders in and hopefully put on a bit of a show, but i'll prolly just end up losing.. haha
Old 02-15-2004, 11:20 PM   #256
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

aye i noticed you have a harder match than I do.. you should still be okay though. You can win that man..
Old 02-16-2004, 08:44 AM   #257
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Checking up on your division since the team in my series, Riddle, is playing the Mad Huligans. I won't be sorry to see him go if he does advance. V.56 is a tough division, finally placed 3rd, but it is a long road.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:03 AM   #258
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Checking up on your division since the team in my series, Riddle, is playing the Mad Huligans. I won't be sorry to see him go if he does advance. V.56 is a tough division, finally placed 3rd, but it is a long road.

lol would you rather have the huligans in your series?
Old 02-16-2004, 12:16 PM   #259
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes-
lol would you rather have the huligans in your series?

It is not a question of who I'd rather have. V.56 has at least 4 teams ready for divisionIV. I look at it this way, Riddle will have a lot to deal with coming to IV.19, and I know the Huligans will have many headaches with V.56.

Looking at hatstat I've seen the Huligans break 80, as high as 86, but also as low as 68 (probably a PIC for the upcoming qualifier).

I'm unconcerned whether I get Riddle or the Huligans, I'm still at least a year (with luck) from actually feeling secure in competing at a div4 level.

I'm a little irritated with the remark, it's no cup of tea in my division any more than yours, and if the huligans were relegated, I feel that they may even become stuck in this black hole.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:17 PM   #260
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

I just looked at some things..

Team - Avg. Rating season 20, Avg. Rating season 21

AAC - 82 last, 83 this
Mount - 78 last, 90 this
greg - 69 last, 76 this

Hulis - 73 last, 75 this
SPC - 73 last, 79 this
Evil - 70 last, 75 this
Garg - 73 last, 80 this
Fock - 72 last, 85 this

adidas - 85 last, 88 this (III.1)
(he'll be tough)
OLDE - 67 last, 71 this (V.206)
(could be in the mix)
Rocket - 56 last, 63 this (V.212)
(gonna struggle)
Old 02-16-2004, 12:20 PM   #261
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

Quote:
I'm a little irritated with the remark, it's no cup of tea in my division any more than yours, and if the huligans were relegated, I feel that they may even become stuck in this black hole.

I didn't mean to insult u man.. hug?
I realize your series is hard too
Old 02-16-2004, 04:12 PM   #262
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

Mountaineer Soccer Club
2/16/2004 at 17.47 Monties Autopromote with Ease
Well the stay in IV was shorter than expected and i doubt i can stay in III.1 for more than a season but it doesnt matter. I hope that all my old seriemates have a good season next year and i hope that I have a good experience training defenders over the next 6-7 seasons.

and then I finally snapped

Fockers
2/16/2004 at 22.56 LOL
I DARE you to come back next season.. Fockers fans are tired of this cocky BS.. they participated in the parade for the Eers march to III.1, but they all had signs that said:

------ Ease my -----
----- aSs! We'll ----
-- stomP you later --
----- oN! ------------

Last edited by Hobbes- : 02-16-2004 at 04:14 PM.
Hobbes- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 06:29 PM   #263
BlueMage
Mascot

wow, lotta drama going on.. I guess i'll go ahead and say i'm insulted too for the remarks made above. As if a team of such great magnitude would go to

I know the Huligans will have many headaches with V.56. WTF is that? I'm tempted to go down and create some headaches. Just kidding, I don't offend easily, but I will do everything I can to stay in IV and I'll give everything I've got to win next season, and the season after that and the season after that.. uh, wait a minute. HAHA!
Old 02-17-2004, 04:27 PM   #264
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
Looking at hatstat I've seen the Huligans break 80, as high as 86, but also as low as 68 (probably a PIC for the upcoming qualifier).

Don't let the Huligans fool you. That 68 probably came after he secured his place above the auto-relegation line and sold off half of his team.

Not sure what he's going to do with it, but I believe that he has somewhere in the neighborhood of $6.5M to spend prior to the qualifier . . .
Old 02-17-2004, 05:02 PM   #265
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Hawk
Don't let the Huligans fool you. That 68 probably came after he secured his place above the auto-relegation line and sold off half of his team.

Not sure what he's going to do with it, but I believe that he has somewhere in the neighborhood of $6.5M to spend prior to the qualifier . . .

he just spent some
Old 02-18-2004, 12:34 PM   #266
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes-
he just spent some

Old 02-18-2004, 05:29 PM   #267
BlueMage
Mascot

and i'm going to spend more.. muhawhawhaw
Old 02-21-2004, 10:16 PM   #268
BlueMage
Mascot

Welp, big match for me tomorrow.. hoping no upset, and hoping someone can put a goal away for me. GL tomorrow Hobbes and hopefully we'll be around next season.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:16 AM   #269
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

Alright.. I just bought a brilliant striker. Look for another stud striker to be coming in the next few weeks. My mid will be depleted a little for a little while but we'll get it back up there

This is all being done with the money from Per.. the trainees will be bought with Leone's money. And Muller will be trained another level then sold.

Look for a new team that knows how to attack a little better
Old 02-22-2004, 07:52 PM   #270
BlueMage
Mascot

welp, hobbes and I are going to be around again. He looks to be much improved and I, well i replaced good old players with good young players, but I don't think i'm a whole bunch improved yet. We'll see. 5 stars from my new defender is pretty tight though. Cya all this season.

-- codeman, Hulis founder
Old 02-23-2004, 10:14 AM   #271
Raven Hawk
College Starter

The Gargs are waiting to bring that brilliant/magnificent keeper into their stables.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:55 PM   #272
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

Well here's what I posted in our conference:

Anyone bold enough to throw some info out there?

Personally I think I need to see what offseason moves everyone does before I have a good idea what to predict.. but first impressions.. I'll do a prediction. Then I'll fix it up a little after I see all the moves for each team:

So I guess I'll splurge about my first glances of each team:

adidas: I'm not sure what to expect from this team. As I stated before I was under the impression that he had a well planned flexible team. His avg's in ratings are atop the series. Look out!

Mastiffs: Looks like he's bought 3 formidable players lately. He already had a mid 70's ratings squad, look for him to hop into the 80's with the rest of us. I think this team is gonna be right in the mix.

Rocket: Lookin at his transfers, it doesn't seem like he's gonna have the firepower needed to stick around and show off some guns.. this season. Overall, looked like it's a well rounded team, just not ready for this division despite getting ratings that would put him in the mix in any other d.IV.

AAC: I thought this team was gonna dominate last season. After the first few games doing awesome, he somehow dropped right into the mix. Has an overall good team. He seems pretty quiet about things so I'm not too sure what he's got up his sleeves.

Gargs: What can I say last season this team was on fire. Almost every match seemed to go his way despite what ratings said. Well played and positioned players helped this team. I'm sure he's gonna improve from last season. We'll see how much.

SPC: This team took a hit early last season to attempt to play the CA effectively. While some ppl manage to do so, it doesn't seem to work for this guy. Don't underestimate him however because he's got a stacked team. As always this team will be right in the mix, and will shut down any team on any day (except the Gargs of course).

Huligans: This team was right in the mix last season and had a great 2nd half. The transfer wire seems to be his new home b/c he's been making a lot of moves lately. We'll see what studs he's brought in and how effectively he will use them.

Fockers: Well what can I say about my team. I most likely have the strongest midfield in the series, but 2 of my starters are going out the door. I too have been all over the transfer market as of lately, and will continue to make a buncha moves before next season. I still have 3 guys to export and 4 to import so we'll see what I can do. For some reason I always manage to be the team worrying about demotion with 3-4 weeks left in the season. Maybe I can change that this season. We'll see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soo.. here are my predictions.. before I see what every team does.. it's so hard to predict shit in this series to be honest b/c any team can beat any other team on any given day. So here goes...

1. adidas (no you won't win out.. don't even think about it)
2. SPC (wtf is right)
3. Gargs
4. Fockers
5. AAC
6. Huligans
7. Mastiffs (this team is gonna be REALLY close to 6th)
8. Rocket

-I'm not impressed at all over how adidas didn't improve much last season or how AAC seems to be in the same boat. Lets make that haunt them. Instead of being the bottom 4 teams or whatever at one point lets be the top 4 teams.. what'cha think?
Old 02-25-2004, 10:02 AM   #273
Raven Hawk
College Starter

I like the idea of being the top 4 teams. Although, I know that I will not be #1 this year, most likely not #2 either.

I'll make my official predictions next week, however, here is some preliminary analysis:

Adidas - I thought the point of being a daytrader was to make money. They will be tough because they were last year, but no real improvements here.
Gargs - Will improve only slightly with the addition of a new keeper, however I'm returning all 3 starting strikers. They should all be magnificent by the end of the season.
AAC - Will not improve much at all. AAC will be fighting with the Stiffs to stay in the series.
SPC - Will field a good team again. I'm convinced that lytic is not done with his offseason moves yet, so we'll see what other improvements he makes.
Fockers - I think Fockers will be the most improved team this year and contend for a title finally.
Hulligans - Hulligans will be the most replaced team this year. His roster looks nothing like it did last year. Bluey is the wild card this year. Hard to predict.
Rocket Dive - Will be bitch-slapped back to Div V. Over the course of their existence, they have bought/sold less than $1M worth of players.
Mastiffs - A good team. He'll be duking it out with AAC to try to stay alive in the series. The Stiffs look to be former day traders who have quit practicing.

Last edited by Raven Hawk : 02-25-2004 at 10:04 AM.
Raven Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 08:10 PM   #274
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I'm done...

bluey, the best SK keeper is for sale right now.
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:36 AM   #275
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

adidas already talkin shit.. we need to all MOTS him or something. Make sure he doesn't win out for sure.

you see that shit about him saying he's the best and that noone will take him and blah blah?

first jamba.. then mountain.. now him.. we CANNOT keep letting these guys promote!!!
Old 03-01-2004, 02:45 PM   #276
Raven Hawk
College Starter

I'll know if I'm going for a championship run after week 2. I would like nothing more than to knock his block off, though.

We should start a season 22 thread.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:07 PM   #277
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

that's lytics job.. where the fk is that kid iceland or somethin?!