Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2003, 02:40 PM   #1
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Angry IV.19 Dynasty - Hattrick duels of Cows and Evil Gargs... and the Aves and the fockers

I am starting a new version of a dynasty where there are the 3 FOFC teams in the series... we go head to head in this dynasty and we will see who will come out on top.

EDITED for 3 teams instead of just 2.

EDITED AGAIN 4 teams now.
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story

Last edited by lytic : 08-30-2003 at 09:56 PM.
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 10:15 PM   #2
lytic
College Benchwarmer

By: jamba
To: Everyone 432630.1
7/14/2003 at 20:45
Here is my mildly uninformed and unresearched opinion on the season.. we have 8 active teams and all seek to improve or whatever.

1: Huligans (!) - This team will be pretty tough with the upgrades $5m from Fridskar allows..

2: Zyzzerz - I'll try to stay somewhat competitive and rebuild at the same time. Could be tough and might drop a few slots. Also, if I can't get 1st I'll may go for 5th.

3: Evillive - This team will continue to get stronger throughout the season. Overall very strong and should have taken 1st in Season 19. Good bet for 1st in Season 20 also.

4: Cows - Team will continue to improve while amassing capital. I think they are waiting for Season 21 to make a big move. Also depends if they want to sacrifice some league games for the Cup again.

5: Gargoyles - I don't know what the Gargoyles strategy is. Unless I'm missing something (and I probably am), Gargoyles won't improve as much as the other teams this season. This may be the season for the Cows to finally triumph in this rivalry.

6: Fockers - Lacks the capital of other teams, but will become quite a bit more competitive than in Season 19.. too bad so will everyone else.

7: Kix - A strong team and improving rapidly. Would probably have won quite a few dIV series in Season 18. Getting pretty tough here though. Could surprise a few teams and move up into the money positions.

8: Aviators - This is not a bad team, but I think it's slightly behind the dIV veterans in this series. With a little luck the Aves could jump up a few positions. In another twist of fate, the Aves' star keeper was promoted from Calvin's youth squad, the team the Fockers beat to remain in this series. He could be out for revenge...

There are a lot of fairly strong teams in IV.19, but none of the teams really jump out of the pack. Several teams have a good shot at 1st place, but I don't think anyone will be ready for dIII at the end of Season 20.

No disrespect was intended to any team through this post. With the right moves and a little luck, any of the teams could take the top spot. But there are 8 spots...

Anyone else wanna try to sort out next season?

No respect for gargs or the cows, but the pre-season pred is in favor of the cow...
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 07-21-2003, 10:33 PM   #3
lytic
College Benchwarmer

My stab in the dark picks...

By: lytic
To: jamba 432630.14 as reply to 432630.1
7/22/2003 at 05:32
man... all that research and I can't pick anyone to for 8th nor 1st. The only thing that I concluded was that this season is completely up in the air... anyone can win!

So my stab in the dark:

#1 Evillive - I've always underestimated this guy, but he continues to perform.

#2 Gargs - another all around strong team... sold 2 trainees and has some money to play with.

#3 Hulis - Most improved over a season...

#4 Aviators - another keeper trainer from the looks of it.

#5 zyz - the only reason is cause I smell a cup run

#6 Cows - I'll be lucky to get 6th this year as my team just isn't progressing as fast as the others... I had to sell trainees to make ends meet.

#7 fockers - the giant slayer finally gets a team together, but his luck has to run out eventually, right?

#8 Kix - sorry bud... you've got a great team too, but you got the short end of the stick in my stab in the dark. Which also means you could be first place with a few good youth pulls.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 07-24-2003, 01:23 AM   #4
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Well I won my round 1 cup match with a PIC and my highest defensive score ever... more to come!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 07-24-2003, 12:57 PM   #5
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Gargs also won their cup match, but with a lower goal differential than we might have expected, even PICing.

First league match for the Gargs is the upgraded Mad Hulligans who sold off a star keeper for 5 million in the offseason and have brought in some heavy midfield talent.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:37 PM   #6
lytic
College Benchwarmer

SouthPark Cows - Fockers 2 - 2

Date: 7/28/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 8326860
Arena: Starks Pond
Crowd: 19937

Due to an all-day shower, 19937 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at Starks Pond. SouthPark tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Black - Wilhelm, Davis, Marcusson - Guy, Crain, Dragóner, Millard, Danhof - Gustavsson, Orkola.

Fockers started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Kerr - Nowak, Dawson, Gnaegi - Finch, Leone, Lindhell, Müller, Wolfe - Wallis, Gobber.

Roberto Leone received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 19:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. SouthParks Yuri Danhof gave, after 20 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Steve Crain squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 31st minute, asserting the lead to 2 - 0. SouthPark appeared unsure on how to play. In the 40:th minute SouthParks Preston Davis received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Halftime score was 2 - 0. Fockers held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

During the break SouthPark´s coach went through the teams new tactics yet again. A bit later Fockers´s Dave Finch easily reduced to 2 - 1 after a misunderstanding in the home sides central defense line. Almost all the way down to the corner flag Buster Wolfe somhow managed to get a perfect pass into the middle, impossible to miss for Leo Wallis who struck for 2 - 2. No one team arose to dominate this half, ending in a deadlock.

The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Peter Marcusson. Jukka Orkola on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Fockers player was without a doubt Troy Kerr. However, Erick Dawson made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 2 - 2.

SouthPark Cows
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: passable
Right Side Defence: formidable
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: formidable
Central Attack: outstanding
Left Side Attack: passable

Fockers
Right Side Defence: brilliant
Central Defence: brilliant
Left Side Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: solid

Go figure...
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 07-30-2003, 10:38 PM   #7
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Arkansas Spartans - SouthPark Cows 1 - 2

Date: 7/31/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 9361987
Arena: Arkansas Road
Crowd: 7000

At Arkansas Road, 7000 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Arkansas had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Tang - Rosado, Gisbert, Hopkins, Fagan - Tipton, Dexter, Mcconnell, Fry - Smith, Sweet.

SouthPark tactics involved an interesting 5-4-1 combination. The following players had been chosen: Barfield - Cook, Hwang, An, Tewari, Cloud - Mcnutt, Crain, Dragóner, Bokfeldt - Donaldson.

SouthPark had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 4:th minute when Olof Bokfeldt came up alone against Gerard Tang who managed a block. The referee showed SouthParks Dong-Sung An the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Olof Bokfeldt received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 40:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. SouthPark´s Hyun-Gu Hwang could have put the guests one up in the 43rd minute, chasing a through ball but Gerard Tang was fast as a snake, grabbing the ball from under his nose. SouthPark took the lead after 43 minutes with 0 - 1. Mikey Cook placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. SouthPark, bringing the final ball possession rate to 72 percent, dominated the battle.

Buda Dragóner increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 2. SouthPark came close to extending their lead as Aijaz Tewari delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was to sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. In the game's 69:th minute SouthPark´s Hyun-Gu Hwang limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. Arkansas's Rusty Fagan scored 1 - 2 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net. SouthPark held the ball, with a clear 81 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Arkansas player was without a doubt Jeffrey Dexter. Robert Sweet on the other hand, had a terrible day. SouthPark´s best player was Buda Dragóner. Olof Bokfeldt was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 2.

Arkansas Spartans
Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: weak
Right Side Attack: wretched
Central Attack: wretched
Left Side Attack: wretched

SouthPark Cows
Midfield: weak
Right Side Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: excellent
Right Side Attack: solid
Central Attack: weak
Left Side Attack: poor

Quite a scare... a 1 goal victory.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 07-31-2003, 10:01 AM   #8
DataKing
Pro Rookie

The Screamin' Seamen were knocked out in the 3rd round of last years cup, because we ran a 5-4-1. I would recomment not doing that again if you want to advance.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 11:22 AM   #9
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

No respect at all! These johnny come lately fofc'ers snubbing me out of my rightfull place in IV.19.

While this division doesn't have the top end that my old IV.25 had with Youth of the Nation, it does have much more depth. Every team in this series plays, and more than that, competes. I think my Aves are the closest thing in this series to a PIC victory. I'm sure it will be tried, but more likely than not, it won't work.

I didn't want to promote up into IV. I tried, last season, to PIC loads of games towards the end of the year so I'd at least have a qualification match. No luck though. I kept winning. As a keeper trainer, it is rather difficult to upgrade my team outside of small windows when I sell my trainee. As it stands now, my trainee won't be sold until next season, so my team is pretty much as is.

I splurged at the end of last year, buying myself some midfielders. By far the weakest position on my squad, I was counting on these aquisitions to up my competitive standard. I also picked up a decent forward to accent my wings.

The new additions ("Slow it down. You better slow it down. Oooo watch out, you're gonna fall in love.") Ok, bad New Edition reference. The new guys are

MI Bartosz Marciniak
I grabbed this crazy Pole with the intention of adding some stamina to his scrawny body & shipping him out at the start of this season. He has, however, been in good form & allowed me some creative uses of CD. He, to this point, is staying.

MI Erik Edvinsson
A Sverigian who likes to spend his time in the offensive zone. He's a capable offensive MI, who hasn't caused me too much of a hassle with form.

MI Louie Hoffman
Ahh, Louie. Louie was the star aquisition. Paid large dollars for him, in the hopes that he'd really make an effective difference in my squad. He was to be the center piece of my infield. To this point, he's been the center piece of my headaches. He lives in poor & wretched form. My hope is that he will climb his way out of it this season. I had similar problems with def MI/off CD Alan Napier his first year & he's come out of it like a champ. I'll give him the season, then he better show me something.

F Tao Yi-Da
A young gun to run the bad guys ragged. I've always been stronger on the wings, so Tao was purchased more for his ability to influence & assist them, than his ability to crack up the CD himself.

To this point, my purchases have been lackluster. Granted, I have placed 4 new players in my starting line-up in just the span of a few weeks. There's bound to be some turmoil. For the most part, the new guys form has been sub-par, and less than the surrounding team mates. I'm hoping my training plan will pick 'em up & put 'em into shape. If that happens, my midfield will be on par with the rest of the series. If it doesn't, I think auto-relegation will be in my future.

My first competition match was against fellow auto-promote, Kix. He put up his first excellent midfield, ever. I'm thinking he burned a MOTS early on to try to get a victory under his belt. Doing that at this time of the season, with cup games still PIC'able, he could reasonably expect to get his TS back up again. He downed me 2-1 at his place. Form was so bad on 3 of my starers, that they sat the bench. It's not an unexpected loss, but it's still no fun to start off the year with a 'L'.

My goals for this season are 1) to keep training my two keepers, with the intention of selling my trainee next season. 2) evaluate my midfield purchases & evaluate their long term viability(Hoffman) 3) experiment with attempting to maintain a high TS through strategic PIC games & judge it's effect on midfield 4) attempt to avoid auto-relegation 5) get out of debt

As far as IV.19 goes, I believe I can be competitive against every team, except Zyzzerz & EVillIVE. Note, competitive as in a possibility of playing them well. Every team in this series is better than mine, but only Zyzzerz & EVillIVE have midfields so obscene as to preculde the possibility of an occasional win.

Last edited by damnMikeBrown : 07-31-2003 at 11:28 AM.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 01:41 PM   #10
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Welcome to the dynasty MB!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 07-31-2003, 01:44 PM   #11
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by DataKing
The Screamin' Seamen were knocked out in the 3rd round of last years cup, because we ran a 5-4-1. I would recomment not doing that again if you want to advance.

I made it to the 7th round, in which I lost to apoc on purpose, playing mostly 5-4-1.
I did run with offensive CMs and I did run a 4-5-1 in round 6.
I played a wing attack 5-5-0 vs apoc with a PIC just to see how it would work. It didn't...
Once a team can pull a passable mid, I will switch to the 4-5-1...
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 08-02-2003, 10:12 PM   #12
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Strange things are afoot at the CirkleK. Ravenhawk has gone and replaced his coach a mere day before the fof matchup of the Aves & the Gargs.

The Aves can only hope, that in the fog of the coaching change and the teams resulting dispiritd nature, that the Aves can slip by with an undeserved win at home.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:49 PM   #13
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, he did that to me once... he still found a way to beat me.

So the Cows will not have the chance to pick up that talented SP guy since GM_Spidurman is keep me down!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 08-03-2003, 10:20 PM   #14
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

The Aves franchise has reached an abyssmal lowpoint. In the week 2 matchup against Ravenhawk's Gargoyles, we expected to loose. We thought we'd matchup decently well, have a chance at a win, but that it'd be close, and would most likely end up another loss. What happened was completely inexplicable.

We lost, at home, 0-6.

Our team confidence droped 3 notches. Our supporters dropped an astonishing 4 notches. We expect to actually loose supporters this week.

The reason for such a lop sided loss? Well, you've got me.

His defense was cumulatively +4 over my guys, and his attack a mere +1 over the Aves. Our midfields were even. How that translates to a 0-6 defeat at home, I can't say. I'm absolutely dismayed, and rather disturbed with the game in general at the moment.

My team generated 2 events in the entire match. One was an injury, the other was a yellow card. If this was fof4, I'd reload it, because it was obviously bugged as it forgot to check for any defensive or offensive events for my team.

Aviators
Central Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: solid

Gargoyles
Right Side Defence: outstanding
Left Side Defence: outstanding
Right Side Attack: excellent

Upon reflection, his defense was +8 over mine. I'm still disturbed, as I have put up similar defensive numbers, only to be run rampant over.

At any rate, I'm pretty much hating IV.19 at the moment & looking forward to getting auto-relegated again. I can see this season's future now. Being beaten near every week, loosing supporters during the season, loosing another 10% of my supporters when I get auto-relegated, and ending up wasting 4 months in IV.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:05 AM   #15
NAIWF
College Prospect

The only things I can think of are maybe you played PIC while he played normal or his TS was much higher than yours. Otherwise you got screwed, but the same thing happened to me last season when I got shut out at home by a team I outplayed

Last edited by NAIWF : 08-04-2003 at 12:06 AM.
NAIWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 12:08 AM   #16
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

In my angst, and loathing I feel for my team at the moment, I did something rather self destructive. I went ahead and ordered an exansion to my stadium. The 8,250 person expansion throws me into debt, and will likely be a day too late for my cup match (if it's at home).

Should the season turn around at all, the expansion will actually be a good thing. If, however, the season continues as it has been, it will likely go unused, as the fans will simply not come to the matches.

I'd sold out 4 of my last 5 matches, so in that respect it was time. I had been, however, a winning team, so the fans were much happier then, than they are now.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:12 AM   #17
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by NAIWF
The only things I can think of are maybe you played PIC while he played normal or his TS was much higher than yours. Otherwise you got screwed, but the same thing happened to me last season when I got shut out at home by a team I outplayed

I readly admit he has the better team. I also think he should have won. I just do not understand how I get 2 events, one being the injury, the other a yellow card. I'm fully disturbed by the resulting 0-6, obviously.

I did, in fact, PIC. I believe he did as well, though he may also have played normal. He seems to not have a lot of consistency in that I doubt that his TS could be higher than mine, though it may be, I don't know. All the same...2 events...

Compounding the anger, is the fact that my excellent youth squad, has failed to produce a solid player, in 14 weeks, dating back to the 9th week of my solid ys. I mean solid anything, set pieces, stamina, ANYTHING. Over 3 months of junk.

Thanks for the condolonces.

Last edited by damnMikeBrown : 08-04-2003 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:39 AM   #18
lytic
College Benchwarmer

mike after you read my game, you will change your mind as to who got screwed more this week...
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 08-04-2003, 12:46 AM   #19
lytic
College Benchwarmer

The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 5 - 1

Date: 8/4/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 8326865
Arena: Evil Beaver Pitch
Crowd: 40933

At Evil Beaver Pitch, 40933 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Huligans had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Forsér - Mayes, Bradley, Daniels - Negrete, ter Laak, Nacher, Chocano Díaz, Jegers - Sundskär, Chastain.

SouthPark started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Black - Marcusson, Davis, Wilhelm - Danhof, Crain, Dragóner, Millard, Guy - Gustavsson, Orkola.

Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 4:th minute goal by Blair Bradley for Huligans, putting them ahead 1 - 0. The visiting teams Sven Gustavsson could score the 1 - 1 equaliser in the 19:th minute with a header, after some good work on the right. SouthPark appeared unsure on how to play. In the 31st minute cheers broke out as Thomas Sundskär found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 2 - 1 goal in for Huligans. Huligans put themselves up 3 - 1 when Nigel Chastain broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 35 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Huligans. However, Palmer Black made a spectacular save. Halftime score was 3 - 1. Huligans held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

During the break SouthPark´s coach went through the teams new tactics yet again. Nigel Chastain increased Huliganss lead to 4 - 1 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. The structure of the game started to change as Huligans decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. After an industrious effort down the middle Ramón Chocano Díaz could have closed the game off in the 49:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. In the 54:th minute Huligans´s Ernest Nacher tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net. In the game's 69:th minute SouthPark´s Kenneth Millard limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. A lovely rush by Huligans's Harley Negrete pastReuben Wilhelm could have resulted in a goal, but the finish was just outside. In the 72nd minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Lance Mayes dashed through, knocking home 5 - 1 for Huligans. Huligans held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Huligans player was without a doubt Ernest Nacher. Lance Mayes on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important SouthPark player was Peter Marcusson. Yuri Danhof on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 5 - 1.

TEAM ATTITUDE

Team Attitude: Match of the Season

RATING

The Mad Huligans
Midfield: outstanding
Central Defence: excellent
Right Side Attack: formidable
Central Attack: formidable
Left Side Attack: outstanding

SouthPark Cows
Midfield: excellent
Right Side Defence: outstanding
Central Defence: outstanding
Left Side Attack: formidable

36.5*s, a 79 rating. Compare my left attack vs his right defense. Then compare my central attack to his central defense. Then compare all his attacks to my defense. Granted he had me beat in the midfield, but he had a 55/58 possesion %... That is utter bullshit to lose so badly...
Yes I even did a MOTS, because I HAD to beat him for this season to mean anything... now one more loss in the next couple weeks means I'm focusing on the cup and PICing the league again. I really do this that this game hates me (as said in the IV.19 series conference)... I dunno what I have to do to win anymore, but whatever I'm doing now isn't working.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 08-06-2003, 10:28 PM   #20
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Disgust. That's the only thing I can come up with. I'm disgusted with my team. We lost in the 3rd round of a cup game, to a V team. Ok, fine, I can handle yet ANOTHER loss. Oh yeah, the other team played with 10 guys for the whole second half. Oh, it gets better. Our possession? 65% for the 1st half, and 70% for the second half. Yeah..uh huh. Sure.

I'm a hair away from selling the whole of my team and just saying screw HT. The next 3.5 months will consist of my team loosing, probably every single game we play. I'll auto-demote back to V with FEWER supporters than I had last season, and a crap load more debt.

Disgusted. 65% & 70% possession & we loose. The team had 10 players for 1/2 the game for shits sake!

Edited to make it clear that the other team played with 10 guys, not my loosers.

Last edited by damnMikeBrown : 08-07-2003 at 12:41 AM.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:03 PM   #21
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I'll let you beat me...
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 08-07-2003, 12:37 AM   #22
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by damnMikeBrown
Disgust. That's the only thing I can come up with. I'm disgusted with my team. We lost in the 3rd round of a cup game, to a V team. Ok, fine, I can handle yet ANOTHER loss. Yeah, the team played with 10 guys for the whole second half. Oh, it gets better. Our possession? 65% for the 1st half, and 70% for the second half. Yeah..uh huh. Sure.

I'm a hair away from selling the whole of my team and just saying screw HT. The next 3.5 months will consist of my team loosing, probably every single game we play. I'll auto-demote back to V with FEWER supporters than I had last season, and a crap load more debt.

Disgusted. 65% & 70% possession & we loose. The team had 10 players for 1/2 the game for shits sake!

Deeeeep breaths.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 12:41 AM   #23
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

The fans were upset this week. We've lost 4 supporters, and our team's confidence is now at an all time low.

On the bright side, the always wretched formed star midfielder, Hoffman, had a nice form bump this week. Hopefully, he'll be able to crack the starting team next week.

Our back-up keeper finally poped, so that is helpfull. He serves as the team leader with his passable leadership & is popular, so he's our clown. He'll likely be the man of the future as well, as I expect our stud keeper, Pacheco, to have far too high of a wage for us to support come next season.

The team also experienced one half of a half dozen experience pops.

Some sports reporters have advised the management to take deep breaths. To this, the management responds that "Breathing is an act of the living, which this team has as of yet to prove that it is."
Old 08-08-2003, 01:07 AM   #24
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Well said.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 01:07 AM   #25
Havok
College Starter

I predict your gonna pull a 17 year old excellent pm/excellent passing midfielder on saturday Mike.

He will sell for btw 2-3 million and you will have plenty of money to upgrade your team and compete with these divison IV bruts!!!!

On a more serious note, im having kind of a tough season aswell. terrible form, no youth pulls etc..... But everytime i get down i just think about how bad you have it and i fell a little better

Good luck with the rest of the season bro.... The Misfitz will be pulling for ya!
Old 08-09-2003, 01:29 AM   #26
lytic
College Benchwarmer

He will beat me 9-1... I promise.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 08-09-2003, 07:00 PM   #27
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

The man has been inspecting udders too long. I'm not saying he's lying, but if I get a 'W' over his impressive midfield, well, hell, if I even score once on his defence...nevermind.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:31 AM   #28
lytic
College Benchwarmer

The blind squirrel finds a nut! Regretfully mike doesn't arn his first point in IV.19. I'm shocked that I won a close one...

SouthPark Cows - Aviators 3 - 1

Date: 8/11/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 8326867
Crowd: 26746

26746 spectators had come to Starks Pond this cloudy day. SouthPark tactics involved an interesting 5-4-1 combination. The following players had been chosen: Black - Cloud, Hwang, An, Tewari, Cook - Crain, Dragóner, Danhof, Millard - Orkola.

Aviators tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Pacheco - Grillo, Napier, Lunsford - Mcleod, Edvinsson, Harms, Marciniak, Seal - Yi-Da, Dodge.

The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 in the 3rd by a breakthrough from Steve Crain, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper. In the 25:th minute Aviatorss Alan Napier received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Laverne Seal made a run for the goal in the 26:th minute but the home teams far left defense managed to sort the situation out in the end. The crowd was silenced in the 35:th minute as the visiting teams Rudolph Harms came in from the left, levelling the score to 1 - 1. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 39:th minute goal by Jukka Orkola for SouthPark, putting them ahead 2 - 1. 2 - 1 was the half-time score. SouthPark held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

68 minutes into the game Yuri Danhof had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Steven Mcnutt. After 70 minutes Mikey Cook put SouthPark ahead 3 - 1 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. After this SouthPark lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Aviators kept trying to force their way through on the right side. Rudolph Harms got his chance in the 77:th minute, but the home sides left defence held his position and was able to stop the attack. The referee showed Aviatorss Alex Mcleod the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Aviators, bringing the final ball possession rate to 53 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important SouthPark player was Buda Dragóner. However, Steven Mcnutt made a disastrous appearance. Most important Aviators player was Mark Pacheco. Al Lunsford was a disappointment, however. The match ends 3 - 1.

Terraces: 16088
Basic seats: 7325
Seats under roof: 2633
VIP seats: 700

Team Attitude: Play it Cool

SouthPark Cows
Right Side Attack: weak
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: inadequate

Aviators
Right Side Defence: excellent
Central Defence: solid
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 08-11-2003, 11:19 AM   #29
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Shocked? Shouldn't be. You were +4 defense & -5 attack. Hell, I don't think I can win unless I've got a cumulative +10 or so. Only was up 1 on you.

For the Aves, well, another loss. Yes, we PIC too, and yes, we expected to loose.

This season isl turning into a gruesome curiosity. Loosing to a V team that had 10 players for 1/2 the game. Loosing every league match...perhaps.

Fun streaks we look forward to continuing:
No youth pull with a any rating higher than inadequate: 9wks
Winless in IV.19: 3 weeks
No youth pull with a solid anything: 16 weeks

The only good thing so far is the curious economic update we had. Since we'd built a stadium, we somehow came up 40k ahead of where we should have been. Further, our team's confidence took a healthy boost.]

That's it. Go take your prozac now after reading about this team.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:00 PM   #30
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Well you did score on the "Trainee" Cow Wall... Your 2 attackers scored against 5 defenders and a keeper. That is impressive!
Ya know, in real soccer, I could never see anyone scoring much against 5 defenders. Sure there will be shots, but it'd be really hard to get a clean shot off.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 08-13-2003, 11:13 PM   #31
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

"Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!"

I just don't understand my team at all.

We invited a little club over from the land of the evil Sverigians. A little VI club, just to get some practice.

I played my entire 'B' squad, save one wing who played out of position at wing back. A completely different, and largely sub-standard set of players I put on the field. The midfield featured 2 inadequate PM's, and Hoffman, the star of the team who can't stay sober long enough to get his form over poor.

Well la de da. My scrubs put up my teams first _EVER_ Solid midfield! Hail and damnation! What are they trying to do to me! Not ever, not in my MOTS matches, not in my high TS games, have I ever put up a Solid before! Only 3 times have I ever put up even a passable, all 3 times with my 'A' club! Then here come my scrubs, in off form, just throwing up a Solid like it's par for them.

I just don't get my team.

In other news:

We were stunned to actually gain 2 supporters after our loss to the "Calf Wall".

The economic error that had been a small boon for us was corrected, returning us back to a large debt.

The addition, bringing the stadium to a full 29,000 should be completed on the 14th, in time for our home game against Fockers.

We received our 4th injury of the season in our friendly. We're desperately trying to keep it at least one per week, just to keep those 8 physios looking as ridiculous as possible.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:47 AM   #32
lytic
College Benchwarmer

time to hire 2 more... I've heard rumors that they feel they can't run a clean ship with only 8 and are considering going on strike.

Sounds like you need to play your B team more often
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 08-14-2003, 09:15 PM   #33
lytic
College Benchwarmer

So here is my discusting Cup game... I would of had an solid mid has he not injure Crain... I still think the game randomly picks the score of my games without looking at the ratings.
They have a choice of 1-10 and I have a choice of 1-2.

MV Lisbon - SouthPark Cows 3 - 0

Date: 8/14/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 9441790
Arena: The Spectrum
Crowd: 29870

29870 spectators arrived at The Spectrum, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Lisbon had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Aladrén - Crist, Mcintyre, Austria - Lovric, Fogeldahl, Aafjes, Pérez, Wong - Ben Naor, Kiik.

SouthPark started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Black - Marcusson, Davis, Wilhelm - Mcnutt, Crain, Dragóner, Millard, Guy - Gustavsson, Orkola.

SouthPark had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 8:th minute when Sven Gustavsson came up alone against Jordi Aladrén who managed a block. Lisbon had a good opportunity to take the lead as Shannon Wong came up the left side, but he struck the ball weakly and it went straight into the arms of Palmer Black. Billie Mcintyre was very close to giving Lisbon the lead with an ingenious free kick routine in the 37:th, the ball just grazing the bar. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Lisbon´s Shannon Wong got himself booked. Halftime score was 0 - 0. Lisbon, bringing the final ball possession rate to 61 percent, dominated the battle.

Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 51st minute goal by Thomas Fogeldahl for Lisbon, putting them ahead 1 - 0. In the 52nd minute Lisbons Billie Mcintyre received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. SouthPark were forced to a substitution as Steve Crain couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment. Maxim Ben Naor almost managed to score another goal for Lisbon, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. Lisbon put themselves up 2 - 0 when Adrian Crist broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. The structure of the game started to change as Lisbon decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Lisbon lead up with 3 - 0. Maxim Ben Naor finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Lisbon held the ball, with a clear 64 percent possession rate.

Lisbon´s best player was Jordi Aladrén. Slaven Lovric was a disappointment, however. The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Peter Marcusson. Olof Bokfeldt was a disappointment, however. The match ends 3 - 0.

RATING

MV Lisbon
Right Side Attack: weak

SouthPark Cows
Midfield: inadequate
Right Side Attack: excellent
Central Attack: formidable
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 08-16-2003, 08:46 PM   #34
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

While some teams may look forward to their youth pulls, I've come to the conclusion that it's better to just admit the $20k weekly defeat. Hope brings with it promise of better things. We are a team that knows better. There are no better things, hope is just HT's illusion created to destroy any morale you may some how have remaining after being an Ave.

We continue our streak of not a single passable rating, taking it to 10 weeks.

In other news, our TS has collapsed 2 full levels since our friendly, and is now actually lower than it was when we PIC our league game last week. Pretty cool, eh? We can't even loose to get better when we try.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:47 AM   #35
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Date Type Players To/From Price Value then
8/14/2003 Sold Daniel Reedy to Psychedelic Bumbibears 2 000 000 US$ (178 000 US$)

The EvillivE Youth Pull from last week and I picked him to finish #1... I guess it will be so.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 08-24-2003, 03:14 PM   #36
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Just a little update.

Streaks continued:

Pointless in IV.19, it's now 4 weeks.
2 more weeks with nothing higher than inadequate for youth pull. The steak is now 11 weeks.
Weeks w/o a solid or better in any category for youth pull: 18 weeks

Yeah, loving HT. . .
Old 09-01-2003, 01:12 AM   #37
lytic
College Benchwarmer

hmmm

Since I've been away... I need to catch up here.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-01-2003, 01:14 AM   #38
lytic
College Benchwarmer

EVillIVE - SouthPark Cows 1 - 1

Date: 8/18/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 8326872
Arena: Deadly Grave
Crowd: 30755

Due to an all-day shower, 30755 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at Deadly Grave. EVillIVE had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Aguilón - Kole, Coon, Rennemo - Richardsson, Matsson, Emilsson, Chestnut, Oskarsson - Roeterdink, Ivarsson.

SouthPark had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Black - Marcusson, Davis, Wilhelm - Bernbratt, Dragóner, Millard, Danhof, Guy - Gustavsson, Orkola.

As Johan Richardsson had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the EVillIVE player a red card without batting an eye. Seemingly due to lack of experience, Pascal Kole needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. 19 minutes into the game Sven Gustavsson was a hair´s breadth away from giving SouthPark the lead. A prompt block by Adrián Aguilón saved the home team that time. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 30:th minute goal by Felix Ivarsson for EVillIVE, putting them ahead 1 - 0. Some brilliant football from the visitors right wing resulted in a 33rd minute levelling of scores as SouthParks Sven Gustavsson equalised to 1 - 1. SouthPark had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 41st minute when Sven Gustavsson came up alone against Adrián Aguilón who managed a block. Halftime score was 1 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by EVillIVE, with an impressive 57 percent possession of the ball.

EVillIVE could have put themselves ahead in the 47:th minute as Felix Ivarsson missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. SouthParks Reuben Wilhelm got himself booked after a foul. EVillIVE created a good opportunity to score in the games 69:th minute when Felix Ivarsson`s hooked ball created a scuffle in front of the goal, and the visitors defenders had a hard time clearing the ball. The referee showed SouthParks Tory Guy the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. EVillIVE were very close to putting themselves one up in the 86:th minute as Felix Ivarsson got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. EVillIVE got a penalty shot in the 87:th minute, but Raymond Roeterdink fumbled the shot slightly and Palmer Black was able to block. EVillIVE held the ball, with a clear 64 percent possession rate.

The most dominating EVillIVE player was without a doubt Joseph Chestnut. Pascal Kole on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Peter Marcusson. However, Mats Bernbratt made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 1.

Team Attitude: Normal

EVillIVE
Midfield: outstanding
Central Defence: excellent
Left Side Defence: inadequate
Central Attack: excellent

SouthPark Cows
Midfield: solid
Central Attack: brilliant

I hate to tie this game, I really should have won this game... Sure he had me in the midfield 57/64, but I had him beat everywhere else.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-01-2003, 01:16 AM   #39
lytic
College Benchwarmer

SouthPark Cows - Kix 1 - 3

Date: 8/25/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 8326875
Crowd: 26749

26749 spectators had come to Starks Pond this cloudy day. SouthPark started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Black - Marcusson, Davis, Wilhelm - Millard, Crain, Dragóner, Danhof, Guy - Gustavsson, Orkola.

Kix tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Plunkett - Pettersson, Ivanovs, Hamilton - Young, Miller, Peterson, Mozzanica, Tomlinson - bin Husin, Jasarevic.

Seemingly due to lack of experience, Yuri Danhof needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. The terraces were silenced in the 16:th minute as Kix´s Ahmad Yunus bin Husin put the guests ahead 0 - 1, following an attack from the right. Gregg Miller of Kix received a yellow card in the 26:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Kix had, after 27 minutes of the game, worked the left side industriously, creating several opportunities to add to their lead, but somehow didn´t achieve closure. Yuri Danhof of SouthPark received a yellow card in the 31st minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Palmer Black kept the home side in the game with a magnificient save, as Laine Young delivered an almost perfect free kick to the far cross bar. Sven Gustavsson had a hard, curved free kick in the 33rd minute that would have paid off, had it gone just a little lower. Halftime score was 0 - 1. Kix held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

SouthPark´s Sven Gustavsson shot the 1-1 goal in the 58:th minute, made possible by a deep pass from Steve Crain which cut through the entire defensive line. After 64 minutes Kixs Darrell Tomlinson made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 1 - 2. The referee showed Kixs Gianluca Mozzanica the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Palmer Black kept the home side in the game with a magnificient save, as Laine Young delivered an almost perfect free kick to the far cross bar. Buda Dragóner was just a finger´s breadth away from an equaliser for SouthPark, but Des Plunkett managed to ward the closing shot off for a corner. Several players now looked tired, especially Preston Davis who quite horribly caused the 1 - 3 goal as he lost the ball to Genadijs Ivanovs of Kix, who seemed to have some energy left. After this Kix lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Wim Jasarevic could have put his team up another one in the 80:th minute, after a rush down the left, but his closing shot hit the post. Unsportsmanlike behaviour by Gianluca Mozzanica rendered him his second booking of the match, and Kix had to finish the game with a reduced squad. No one team arose to dominate this half, ending in a deadlock.

SouthPark´s best player was Peter Marcusson. However, Tory Guy made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Kix player was without a doubt Gregg Miller. Ahmad Yunus bin Husin was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 3.

SOLD SEATS

Terraces: 16706
Basic seats: 6674
Seats under roof: 2660
VIP seats: 709

TEAM ATTITUDE

TEAM INFORMATION

SouthPark Cows
Kix

Supporter Stats
Match report

RATING

SouthPark Cows
Central Attack: brilliant

Kix
Left Side Defence: brilliant
Left Side Attack: passable

Another game I really should have won... possesion was a lot closer and I had him beat everywhere else. Then I go and lose 3-1 and they had a man down?
possesion was 54/50... I was seriously robbed again.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-01-2003, 01:18 AM   #40
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Gargoyles - SouthPark Cows 2 - 0

Date: 9/1/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 8326879
Arena: The Concrete Jungle
Crowd: 20210

20210 spectators arrived at The Concrete Jungle, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Gargoyles tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Kullenhult - Dehlbratt, Di Palma, Langeland - Mccormick, Öbratt, Slyngen, Michelsson, Ekmo - Manee, Pascoal.

SouthPark had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Black - Marcusson, Wilhelm, Davis - Millard, Crain, Dragóner, Danhof, Guy - Gustavsson, Orkola.

Gargoyles took the lead in the 19:th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Phakphoom Manee elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. Gargoyles put themselves up 2 - 0 when Hélder Pascoal broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. The referee showed SouthParks Reuben Wilhelm the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 0. Gargoyles, bringing the final ball possession rate to 64 percent, dominated the battle.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Gargoyles´s Vicente Di Palma got himself booked. The home side´s Hélder Pascoal came close to extending the lead in the 76:th minute. His shot came in off the right hand side but Palmer Black managed saving with a fingernail. Gargoyles held the ball, with a clear 68 percent possession rate.

Gargoyles´s best player was Bengt Dehlbratt. Keith Mccormick on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Peter Marcusson. Tory Guy was a disappointment, however. The match ends 2 - 0.

Gargoyles
Midfield: brilliant
Right Side Defence: brilliant
Central Defence: magnificent
Left Side Defence: brilliant
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: excellent

SouthPark Cows

Geez, I hope he didn't waste a MOTS on me... This should have been a 0-0 tie honestly, but come on, I never can pull anything out from the gargs.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-01-2003, 11:23 AM   #41
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

week 6 vs kix

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Kix Arena saw a crowd turnout of 25000. Kix had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Plunkett - Gay, Hamilton, Ivanovs, Pettersson - Young, Miller, Dewitt, Peterson - bin Husin, Jasarevic.

Fockers started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Paulusz - Nowak, Gnaegi, Oerlemans - Petronia, Leone, Lindhell, Müller, Kaplan - Wallis, Schreuder.

0 - 0 was the half-time score. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Kix, with an impressive 53 percent possession of the ball.

In the 71st minute Ahmad Yunus bin Husin surprised the opponents with a 40 metre pass to Wim Jasarevic who quite easily could settle the score to 1 - 0. The visitors didn´t give in and after 76 minutes Danny Schreuder got through the home sides central line of defense, rolling in the levelling goal to make it 1 - 1 Seemingly due to lack of experience, Terrell Gay needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. The referee showed Fockerss Dick Oerlemans the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Kix tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. Kix held the ball, with a clear 57 percent possession rate.

Kix´s best player was Gregg Miller. Ahmad Yunus bin Husin on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Fockers player was without a doubt Dawid Nowak. Dario Petronia was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 1.

There was not one event in this match until the 71st minute of the game. I was hoping that there weren't any at all. I suppose I can't be mad at all because our stats were very similar.

It gets frustrating sometimes when I tie, but every time except one I guess I coulda lost as well. And it's much better than losing. Next week I get to play the Gargs. Who knows what's gonna happen with this kat b/c he just MOTS'd so that'll be good for me. I suppose I need to win one or at least tie the Gargs twice to be in decent shape.

I don't wanna hafta start selling B players to make sure I stay in iv. This sucks. SPC is clearly not the 7th place team ratings wise.. yet he gets screwed every game. It's crazy.

A second half run could easily get anyone second in the division. Lets hope for one of those.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:29 AM   #42
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

SPC.. I dunno why u're PIC'ing vs Gargs and Kix. Those are the two teams u need to beat if anyone. I mean shit.. at least play normal. No wonder yer losin. Now you're gonna kick my ass at the end of the season and I'm gonna get demoted. =(
Old 09-01-2003, 04:10 PM   #43
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I'm saving my MOTS for you fockers!

and PIC shouldn't matter if I beat them in ratings!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-01-2003, 08:16 PM   #44
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

yeah but you're tellin u're dudes "yo.. take it easy.. just go out and play..don't worry about shit" and then they lose all the fk'in games =)
Old 09-02-2003, 12:03 AM   #45
lytic
College Benchwarmer

yeah but it really shouldn't matter, the only real difference is a lower midfield rating. I've pulled those high rating on PICs... I MOTSed evillive and tied him in a game I really should have won.
It just doesn't matter... I can't win either way.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-02-2003, 11:52 PM   #46
Raven Hawk
College Starter

After MOTSing the Cows for a victory, I may be spent and unable to beat the Fockers in our back to back matches.

Or did I MOTS . . .

The sad thing is that two of my best players were sitting out with red cards and I still managed to put up a game 13% better than I have ever played.

Really, though, not a chance that should have been a tie if you look at the difference in the midfield. Yes, my D was better than your O and your D was better than my O. But brilliant vs. passable midfield . . . that looks like a win to me. Plus you PIC'd . . .

Just an opinion. Not fact.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:01 AM   #47
lytic
College Benchwarmer

at least it wasn't a blow out like the rest of my games... don't be too surprised if I take a game from the zyz's... he's getting too cocky and he needs a loss to slap him in the face. We should focus on beating up Kix... his team has moved ahead of all of us!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-03-2003, 12:05 AM   #48
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I want to focus on my own team. We have some precious streaks going still.

Pointless in IV.19: all season
No youth pull with a passable+ in a main category: 12-13 weeks
No youth pull with a solid anything: 19-20 weeks
Old 09-03-2003, 12:42 AM   #49
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Mike... if you and I are going to be 7 and 8 and I can't make 6... I will make sure you get a point, just to ruin your streak!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-03-2003, 11:00 AM   #50
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

I definately wanna take one from Kix in week 9.. we need to put him back in his place..

Gargs.. lets call it even and each win one? If you don't approve I'll just tie you both times and we both get less points.. =)