Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2003, 10:44 AM   #151
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

keep him so u can kick kix's ass..
Old 10-15-2003, 10:48 AM   #152
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

My trainee, Miller, isn't too shaby. Granted, he's no Pacheco, but, well, who is. At any rate, Miller is a week or two from Outstanding. He may put up 5 stars in today's friendly.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 01:55 PM   #153
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Sell him... trust me.
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 02:02 PM   #154
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Trust a Cow? Hmmm, trust a Cow. . . I'm inclined to sell him. I'll put him up for $5m. That would be an every so slightly above average value for him. HAM reports 'em going for $4.96. His value is a lot higher than most keepers though, and that might garner the bid. I'd sell him for $5m, and not think twice about it. If he only got $4.7-$4.9 though, I'd, oddly enough, feel bad about it.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:04 PM   #155
Raven Hawk
College Starter

List him for $5.25M! You can find somebody desperate enough to pay it!
Old 10-15-2003, 04:51 PM   #156
lytic
College Benchwarmer

$5mil
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-15-2003, 10:45 PM   #157
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Haha! I think that lytic has $5mil saved up and is looking to buy Pacheco.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:00 PM   #158
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Geez, you guys would be in hell next year

Lytic running a 4-4-2 or a 5-3-2, with an outstanding counter attack and geez..his defensive ratings would be hellatious. If I put up ET with 3 solid defenders & Pacheco. . .his would be insane.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:37 PM   #159
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Yes, but we all know that defense doesn't matter.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:03 AM   #160
lytic
College Benchwarmer

No, I plan on buying a former youth pull turned Supernatural Keeper this offseason if I don't demote...

With my outstanding CA, I should get some NASTY results.
Say good bye to #2,3, & 5 defenders for me to get him... but I will rebuild with a stronger keeper.

Good choice on selling him Mike, it makes more sense in the long run.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-17-2003, 11:15 AM   #161
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Well, I put him up, just after noon today. Literally, 2 minutes later, I got a HT-Mail from a Venezuelan manager, asking for a trade. He wanted to swap his 19yr magnificent scorer straight up for Pacheco. If I wanted to swap to scoring training, that wouldn't be too bad. Hell, if the scorer is Venezuelan, I'd bet that he's U-20 if not on their national team.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:21 PM   #162
Raven Hawk
College Starter

I've been keeping an eye on my former youth pulls also. It would be nice to get some of them back into the lineup after they've gone elsewhere for proper training.

Not sure if I'm going to give you a pitch to hit anymore, DMB. I might take one for the team and try and get a win off of you. The reason being . . . the less points you have, the worse of a team we get moving into the series next year.

Decisions . . . decisions . . . decisions . . .
Old 10-18-2003, 07:47 PM   #163
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

This is just nerve wracking!

I don't think I've checked HT this often, ever. I keep looking in, hoping that a bid has been placed on Pacheco. He's right on par with what Magnificents sell for. There are a few up in Sverige that are cheaper, like 4.7M, but their value is tremendously less, as is their experience.

I suppose I could drop his price down if he doesn't sell at $5M, but I'd rather not.

As far as the game goes, Raven, doesn't matter one way or the other to me. My team is set. I'm playing my trainee Miller, so the defense will be substantially less that my usual ratings. That, and all 3 of my defenders took form hits in the same week. One dropped 2 levels.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:09 PM   #164
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Ok, what another effing joke.

It really doesn't matter if my defense is great. You can't win with defense. How about I throw some more offense up? Yeah, good idea. How about I have a better defense, better offense, but loose possession by 7% & 6%? Well, shouldn't be bad. After all, my team has won possession this season, and every time was beaten.

Yeah, so 4-0....I loose 4-0.

I like the training of the players, watching them get better, but honestly, I've pretty much had it with this "engine". I'm squarely in the "HT Sucks" mode now.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:52 PM   #165
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Well . . . what can I say . . . I did score on 1 special event goal, but the game still wasn't a 3-0 game. I think that it should have been 1-0, maybe 2-0 at the most with a special event.

If you couldn't tell, I was playing for a tie. (a 4-4-2 is as defensive as a scoring trainer can get). 57/56 possession is deadly when it is accompanied with good scorers.

Well . . . good luck to you next week. You know that Kix will be MOTSing you. I wish you the best. The Pacheco sale will help you out dramatically.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:03 AM   #166
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I saw that game and it reminded me of me about a month ago mike. That game should have been 0-0. Despite your 3-4-3, that game was all defensive!
So all I gotta do is tie and I own 5th!

On another note, Kix made this last week very interesting. He pulled an outstanding mid out of his ass and went on to beat a better rated Evillive (minus the mid of course), 2-1.
Since Gargs and I won, we are secure. That leaves the giant killer fockers squaring up against the RED HOT SPC! Kix will face the down-on-luck aviators, who will be without their magnificent keeper (which is a smart move, but I thought he was SN which is why I said $5mil).

This last week should be very, very interesting!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-20-2003, 01:25 AM   #167
lytic
College Benchwarmer

SouthPark Cows - The Mad Huligans 3 - 1

Date: 10/20/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 8326906
Arena: Starks Pond
Crowd: 46771

46771 spectators had come to Starks Pond this cloudy day. SouthPark started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Black - Cook, Wilhelm, Davis - Bernbratt, Crain, Dragóner, Danhof, Millard - Gustavsson, Dey.

Huligans had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Berg - Mayes, Zelazny, Bradley - Jegers, ter Laak, Nacher, Chocano Díaz, Frederick - Sundskär, Grunddahl.

Vitalijs Jegers of Huligans received a yellow card in the 5:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. In the 10:th minute cheers broke out as Robert Dey found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for SouthPark. After 14 minutes Kenneth Millard put SouthPark ahead 2 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 0. Huligans, bringing the final ball possession rate to 53 percent, dominated the battle.

The visitors got a chance of pulling one back in the 54:th minute, due to a defensive blunder leaving David Grunddahl completely unmarked. His strike was pathetic though, easy prey for the home side´s keeper. The visitors reduced the score in the 57:th minute to 2 - 1 as a free kick by David Grunddahl slunk past the home sides goaltender. An equalising goal was close at hand as David Grunddahl clipped a free kick just wide of the goal. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Sven Gustavsson squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 73rd minute, asserting the lead to 3 - 1. In the game's 74:th minute SouthPark´s Steve Crain limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. Huligans held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

Most important SouthPark player was Reuben Wilhelm. Kenneth Millard on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Huligans player was without a doubt Ramón Chocano Díaz. James Frederick was a disappointment, however. The match ends 3 - 1.

SOLD SEATS

Terraces: 28500
Basic seats: 12500
Seats under roof: 4771
VIP seats: 1000

RATING

SouthPark Cows
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: solid
Right Side Defence: outstanding
Central Defence: outstanding
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: formidable
Central Attack: magnificent
Left Side Attack: solid

The Mad Huligans
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: solid
Right Side Defence: excellent
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: outstanding
Right Side Attack: brilliant
Central Attack: formidable
Left Side Attack: excellent

Stats:

Best game ever - Entire team

1. Kix - SouthPark Cows 9/29/2003 100%
2. The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 8/4/2003 99%
5. Aviators - SouthPark Cows 10/13/2003 94%
6. SouthPark Cows - The Mad Huligans 10/20/2003 93%

Best game ever - Defence

1. SouthPark Cows - EVillIVE 10/6/2003 100%
2. Alaska Huns - SouthPark Cows 7/24/2003 94%
3. SouthPark Cows - The Mad Huligans 6/23/2003 88%
6. The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 8/4/2003 78%
11. SouthPark Cows - The Mad Huligans 10/20/2003 77%

Best game ever - Midfield

1. SouthPark Cows - Vampires 5/8/2003 100%
2. The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 8/4/2003 91%
11. SouthPark Cows - The Mad Huligans 10/20/2003 73%

Best game ever - Attack

1. Kix - SouthPark Cows 9/29/2003 100%
2. SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 9/22/2003 98%
3. Aviators - SouthPark Cows 10/13/2003 94%
4. SouthPark Cows - The Mad Huligans 10/20/2003 91%
5. MV Lisbon - SouthPark Cows 8/14/2003 86%

Rankings:

Team Played Goals Points
1. zyzzerz 13 49 - 11 37

2. The Mad Huligans 13 35 - 25 22
3. EVillIVE 13 23 - 15 22
4. Gargoyles 13 29 - 27 18

5. SouthPark Cows 13 23 - 32 17
6. Fockers 13 22 - 27 14

7. Kix 13 19 - 35 13
8. Aviators 13 13 - 41 3

Comments:
Our stats were fairly even. I had 38 stars, he had 37.5. I had home field advantage. I got lucky... I never win games like that.
Well this game has move us up above the auto-demote line and puts us in 5th, right were I wanted to be. I wish fockers could have won too, that would have allowed me to win next week and take 5th (with a gargs win). Now, I dunno what I'll do.
This is 4 wins in a row (all in pink). If this keeps up, I'll have to play my qualification game in pink. Next Sunday is the last day I "have to wear" pink.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-20-2003, 10:24 AM   #168
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Yeah, I was a little worried that Kix might pull something out of his ass this week. He said that he was having team spirit problems. It looks like his team spirit problem was not so much a problem as it was an advantage.

From my point of view. I saw him PICing all the games since he lost to Cows. He unloaded on a very beatable Evil team. Not sure if he MOTS this last match or if he Normalled with POE.

I also realized that I only have 3 youngstas that I will need to train in the offseason. It would be nice to train 5 or 6, but I don't need to. One extra week of training for my older trainees won't make much of a difference. It just pushes their sales back a week or two next season.

I will PIC vs. Hulis and play the defense game, just in case I can get a tie out of it. However, I need to PIC, just in case Cows do win and I need to play a qualifier.

This has definitly been a rebuilding year for me and I may be headed into a second straight rebuilding season. It depends on what I can sell some of my players for. I finally got my head out of my ass and got a REAL training program together.

I want to thank all of you guys for pushing the Gargs to become better. I truly believe that if I didn't have the pressure of such a good division, I would have been complacent and not as aggressive in making improvements to my team.

Good luck to Hobbes this week as he now is in danger of auto relegation. Also good luck to the Aves this week as they also have a hand in -Hobbes' fate.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:27 AM   #169
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I'm pretty sure I can pull a 'W' out. I'll get a solid/excellent midfield when I MOTS. My offense is better, my deense is better...wait...where did I just read that. . .

Nevermind. I'll loose.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:15 AM   #170
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

Well mikey, I'll be rooting for yah. This could end up really bad for me. I can't do anything more than normal vs lytic next match. Maybe you should let him play with his OLD uniforms Raven... the pink has brought him luck.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:30 AM   #171
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Well, Pacheco didn't sell at $5m. I put him back up for $4.6M. I won't sell him for less than that.

Evil has been trying to sell his Magnificent keeper for the past few weeks, btw. No bites so far.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:21 PM   #172
Raven Hawk
College Starter

I don't think that Kix could get lytic to win his next game if he paid him. Looking at where everybody stands . . . lytic wants a tie so that he can take that 5th place spot and the easier qualifier. If lytic wins, he gets 4th place, which wouldn't get him the training and extra money that he wants.

I will be certainly PICing my next game, in case of a qualifier, so I will end up with 18 pts, most likely. I think lytic would like his 18th point as well, because it would make his qualifier that much easier. Also, if he loses, he then has to play a match from the 6th place pool, instead of the 5th place pool, because -Hobbes has goal differential in his favor.

A tie doesn't do Fockers any good if Kix wins. If Kix manages to finish 6th, he will be relegated as well because he'll play a tougher team and his TS will be crap.

The best situation would be for a Fockers-Cows tie and an Aviators victory.

I don't mind staying in 4th as I have been seeing a disturbing form slip over the last two weeks. Don't know if I'd want to take my chances.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:30 PM   #173
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I like my chances...

Expect to see the best defense ever.

Cow Curtain style.

PIC, for sure.

After Qual game, expect a Super Natural Keeper in my possesion and expect to lose every game to me next season. I'm ready to move up.

Thank you, come again.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-20-2003, 01:31 PM   #174
lytic
College Benchwarmer

That was post 900 for me... I have no life.

Thank you, come tomorrow.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-20-2003, 02:31 PM   #175
Raven Hawk
College Starter

I wish you the best of luck next year, lytic. But you know that we aren't going to make it easy for you.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:00 PM   #176
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Of course I need to beat the evil gargs at least once before I can move up. I won't move up without at least 1 win there.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-21-2003, 09:37 AM   #177
Raven Hawk
College Starter

I'll probably be hanging back next year a little as the Gargs will need one more season of training before I feel they can compete in Div III. So next year may be the year of the Cow if you are truly making a run at it. Oh yeah, and let me know if there are any young SK strikers available early in the season.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:08 AM   #178
lytic
College Benchwarmer

yup yup. I'll start a FOFC SK U20 lookers post.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-23-2003, 07:29 AM   #179
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Quick Note: my Counter Attack is up to Brilliant now! Passing is cool!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-23-2003, 03:37 PM   #180
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Very nice. I didn't know you could improve your ability to counter attack. Here I just thought my team was naturally weak at it!
Old 10-23-2003, 03:42 PM   #181
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

your team is naturally weak at everything ardent.. the match ratings u get are all glitches.. i swear
Old 10-23-2003, 03:43 PM   #182
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

oh by the way.. you should come to philly for the COW COOKOFF!!!.. starts sunday at 2pm EST
Old 10-23-2003, 03:50 PM   #183
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes-
your team is naturally weak at everything ardent.. the match ratings u get are all glitches.. i swear

LOL

Too funny. I'd swear you and The Afoci are brothers.

I'll be watching the match via Criollo for sure. I may have to fend off Hulsey to watch, though. He's addicted like nothing I've ever seen before.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:49 PM   #184
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by ardent enthusiast
Very nice. I didn't know you could improve your ability to counter attack. Here I just thought my team was naturally weak at it!

It doesn't improve by experience, it improves by using 66% passing skill and 34% defending skill of all of your defenders (not keeper). I recently bought a solid defender with excellent passing. He bumped up to excellent, which appearantly bumped my CA up to Brillant.

Ironically, I didn't have the worst mid, so I dominate possesion and won straight up.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-23-2003, 05:50 PM   #185
lytic
College Benchwarmer

The Afoci is a metrosexual!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-23-2003, 11:04 PM   #186
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally posted by lytic
It doesn't improve by experience, it improves by using 66% passing skill and 34% defending skill of all of your defenders (not keeper). I recently bought a solid defender with excellent passing. He bumped up to excellent, which appearantly bumped my CA up to Brillant.

Ironically, I didn't have the worst mid, so I dominate possesion and won straight up.

Duly noted. In other words, my B team sucks.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:04 AM   #187
lytic
College Benchwarmer

or just weak...
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-24-2003, 08:07 AM   #188
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
or just weak...

I'm not sure I'm happy with either way you say it .
Old 10-24-2003, 12:31 PM   #189
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Haha. My counter attack has been feeling inadequate lately. I suppose the 4-3-3 may not be the best way to get the counters, but it did get me some goals. I call it the "Defend and Shoot" offense.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:25 PM   #190
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally posted by Raven Hawk
I call it the "Defend and Shoot" offense.

Millions of things come to mind. None of them good.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:42 PM   #191
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Hmm, where to start....

Crawfish on all your sacks!

Happy now, you made daddy mad.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:43 AM   #192
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Metrosexual!!!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-25-2003, 01:48 AM   #193
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Can we get this dynasty back on topic please? Let's get back to talking about me.
Old 10-25-2003, 01:55 AM   #194
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Can the Aves get their first win?
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-25-2003, 01:58 AM   #195
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Ok, let's talk about something else.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:01 AM   #196
lytic
College Benchwarmer

hobbes- is counting on you!
According to predictions, you *should* win.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-25-2003, 11:34 AM   #197
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

Quote:
hobbes- is counting on you!
According to predictions, you *should* win.

hahah..
Old 10-25-2003, 07:14 PM   #198
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

It's official now. Pacheco is moving on. He finally got a bid of $4.6M to move to C.F. "Os Belenenses" of Portugal. They are in contention to win the cup in Portugal and auto-promoting into the premier series.

We'll strongly miss him, though Miller is a wonderfull fill in. Miller is "Outstanding", and will be on par with Miller after next season in d.V.

I'm a shade disappointed in the price, but I can live with it. He served us well...well, no, actually, we never won a game in IV.19 with him as net minder. What if he was just a selfish stat freak? Always playing for himself & not for the team? He's out the door! Gone! Let that be an example to all miscreants and "Me" players on the Aves! Individual agrandisement will not be tolerated!
Old 10-25-2003, 08:48 PM   #199
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Mercy, 4.6 mil??
Old 10-25-2003, 08:56 PM   #200
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I know. Less than I would've hoped for, but it'll be enough to get the U-20 keeper next season.