Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-22-2003, 02:23 PM   #101
Swaggs
Coordinator

Man, Marmel and I were rookies together... Tough to see him go out like that.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 03:22 PM   #102
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

68th Mission: Spanish Scout Assault

The ASIA COM Skyranger arrives on the Iberian Peninsula as the sun is beginning to make its way over the eastern horizon. The ten men inside the craft have been flying with the edge of the night for over ten hours, and they are restless to get out and get some action. Many of the men aboard are USA vets or agents coming off wounds; let’s hope they’re not rusty.

An equipment glitch resulted in only 7 Power Suits getting loaded onto the Skyranger. Jeff Nights II, Patman II, and Fonzie II will go without any armor on today’s mission. We’ll do our best to keep them out of harm’s way.

The Skyranger begins its descent…

Our troops today:

Left Side:
1. Render II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
2. Rich 1033 (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
3. Danny Van Halen (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
4. Qwikshot II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
5. Jeeber D (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)

Right Side:
1. Thomkal II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
2. Jeff Nights II (Blaster Launcher)
3. Patman II (Heavy Plasma)
4. Naiwf (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
5. Fonzie II Warlord II (Heavy Plasma)

The Skyranger drops the last few hundred meters to the dimly lit battlefield below. The men aboard scan the terrain. We’ll touch down in the northwest corner of what looks like a small village: we can see a row of buildings starting from the right side of our Skyranger and running parallel with our craft. There also appear to be more buildings set back behind these. More importantly, we won’t have far to go to get to the UFO remains: it lies about 5 yards to the right of our exit. It’s a small, one-room craft, and it looks like Superman’s missile hit and the crash landing ripped it apart badly. The UFO lies to the immediate left of the village’s first buildings, a two-story house. The areas to the left of our exit and stretching out to the rear of the exit are secure terrain. With the UFO so close, we won’t have long to wait to get into some action.

The Skyranger lands, the gate falls away, and we are greeted by early morning silence. Our tank rumbles down the ramp, spins, and searches…

Nothing. Render II and Thomkal II quickly exit the Skyranger and take up positions behind the tank. The UFO, only five feet away, has its roof caved it, but the outer wall, at least on this side, is intact. Render preps a grenade and lobs it into the UFO. It goes off with a resounding crash, but we hear no alien screams.

Suddenly, shots pour down on Thomkal and Render from somewhere up high in the village! Sniper! Plasma blasts pepper the ground as Render and Thomkal frantically search for the alien. There! A flash of a plasma rifle gives him away: a Muton on top of a two-story building, about 50 yards inside the village! Render and Thomkal return fire. Shots fly back and forth. Render is the first to hit, but the Muton stays up and continues firing. Finally Thomkal II lands two hits that kill the Muton. X-COM 1, Aliens 0.

A Muton sniper lays in wait for X-COM forces.September, 2003. X-COM Photo Archives.

Render preps another grenade and tosses it into the UFO as our tank and Thomkal advance to right between the UFO and the two-story building beside it. Qwikshot II exits the Skyranger and joins Thomkal. Render’s grenade goes off with a crash, but once again we hear no alien screams. Maybe there is nothing in the UFO?

Danny Van Halen exits the Skyranger and loops up under the belly of the craft. He then heads for the side of the first two-story building. Our tank edges down the lane between the UFO and the building. Bingo! Muton still alive inside the UFO! We slide our tank back. Qwikshot II preps yet another grenade and tosses it into the UFO. Crash! The thing goes off with a roar, and this time we hear an alien scream! Qwikshot II got one!

X-COM agents close in on a Muton holed up in a demolished UFO.September, 2003. X-COM Photo Archives.

And that was the last alien? Damn. Fly ten hours, kill two Mutons, then fly ten hours back. Lots of flying for three minutes of action.

Kills: Qwikshot II, 1; Thomkal II, 1.
KIA: None.
Wounded: None.
Attribute Improvements: Render II, Thomkal II, Qwikshot II.
Final score: 38
Mission Notes:
Wimpy mission.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 09-22-2003 at 03:29 PM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 03:25 PM   #103
3ric
College Starter

Got the frequent flier miles at least, I guess.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:30 PM   #104
JeeberD
General Manager

Man, I didn't even get a chance to stretch my legs after that long flight...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 03:36 PM   #105
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

I'd like to second (third? fourth?) the others: the screenshots are a very nice addition to the dynasty.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 03:46 PM   #106
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Update

Once again things go quiet for a short stretch...

We bring Patman II and Naiwf from ASIA COM to EU COM. We also send Zippy II from EU COM to ASIA COM.

Crappy's researchers in the USA crack the secrets of UFO Navigation, and immediately set to work on designing a prototype fighter that should be a vast improvement over our current Interceptor technology. European researchers complete work on the Mind Probe techonolgy (not sure what this does yet, but it sounds cool), and set to work on understanding the Martian origins of our enemies.

Finally, on the 25th, EU COM radar picks up a medium size Muton scout UFO over the Atlantic and heading for Europe. Both CapnMorgan and Superman scramble, but Superman is first to the enemy craft. In a fierce dogfight over southeaster England, Superman downs the enemy craft for his fifth kill, which makes him an "ace" pilot. He now gets free peanut butter.

Late on the 24th of September, we launch the ASIA COM Skyranger to investigate the crash site. This fight should prove to be a bit more lively, as the UFO is quite a bit bigger. They'll strike during the morning of the 25th.

On board are the following men:

Rich, Jeff Nights II, Danny Van Halen, Fonzie II, Split Personality III, Jeeber D, Illinifan V, Condors II, Travis III, and Zippy II.

This time everyone has Power Suits! Thanks, Sterling!

Good luck, men!
Old 09-22-2003, 03:55 PM   #107
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

3ric: Yeah, that's about all we can say for that trip. Lots of frequent flyer miles, and I get to practice my typing.

Swaggs: It's tough when a classmate goes over to the other side. Now that PsychoCop reminded me why this happens, I might be able to avoid it in the future. Live and you learn. Or the in the case of Marmel: die and we learn.

Everyone: Thanks again for the comments on the screen shots. I've got a system down now so it doesn't take long to do them.

Vince: Welcome back! Of course we'll add your name to the list! For anyone who doesn't know, the X-COM dynasty is Vince's idea. He is the father of the whole thing!

MikeVic: Welcome! I'll add your name to the waiting list!

Am about half done with the next mission, but this week might get busy. I'll do my best. You may have noticed, but I'm picking the pace up a bit. I've decided to try to finish this thing in my lifetime, and once a week was just a bit too slow. However, I most likely will need to stop for a couple of weeks pretty soon (wife is 8.5 months pregnant), and things might slow a bit right after the baby is born, but we'll see what I can do.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:16 PM   #108
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Quote:
Finally, on the 25th, EU COM radar picks up a medium size Muton scout UFO over the Atlantic and heading for Europe. Both CapnMorgan and Superman scramble, but Superman is first to the enemy craft. In a fierce dogfight over southeaster England, Superman downs the enemy craft for his fifth kill, which makes him an "ace" pilot. He now gets free peanut butter.

I was born an ace.

Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 04:18 PM   #109
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Nice picture. The really scary thing is that you have access to such things.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:54 PM   #110
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman=#54
I was born an ace.

I thought that's what Crappy and I supposedly look like. Not that any of you have ever seen us.

On an unrelated note, it's amazing what you can do with hologram technology these days. Especially when you want no one to know who you are and you are stockpiling alien technology.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-22-2003 at 04:55 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 06:12 PM   #111
DeToxRox
Head Coach

So, Can I just be the Prime Minister of X-Com yet, or what?

My Cal Ripken-esque Iron Man Streak is showing no signs of ever stopping, and my legions of fans all echo their sentiments for the bastard of ballads to commence as X-Com GOD.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 07:07 PM   #112
NAIWF
College Prospect

I think GB opts to put me on the crap missions.

I got lost in the shuffle after the scouting mission last month, missed a ton of cool opportunities and then get a 2 alien mission when I return. My reward? Yet ANOTHER transfer, forcing me to miss out on a mission I'd have been on had I just stayed put. *sigh*

Off topic, I hope the birth goes well GB.

Last edited by NAIWF : 09-22-2003 at 07:09 PM.
NAIWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 07:43 PM   #113
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz
(wife is 8.5 months pregnant

Have you checked to make sure its not a sectoid?

Enjoy and don't spend too much time playing this silly game instead of spending time with the new kid.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 07:50 PM   #114
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

GB love the screenies. If my uhhhhh fifth character dies a picture will need to be taken of the corpse. And I have a question, why not just equip the reporters that are taking all these pictures with guns and let them do the work?
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 08:53 PM   #115
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
I thought that's what Crappy and I supposedly look like.

Close, but I still have more hair than that guy. Not much, but a little.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 10:09 PM   #116
Thomkal
Head Coach

Just the way I like my missions-quick, easy, and only slightly life threatening. And a kill and attribute rise to boot. Life is good.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:30 PM   #117
PsychoCop
Mascot

I'm already at UFO Crash #245... lol, and I just keep on kicking ass with my veterans.

I don't want to go to Mars just yet, as I'm still completing my PsyWarriors Plan to take on those damn sectoids and etherials!
Old 09-23-2003, 02:48 PM   #118
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

69th Mission: Making Mutton of Mutons

The ASIA COM Skyranger makes its way westward for the second time in less than a week. Today’s destination is southeast England, where we’ll go up against a Muton scout that has crash-landed in the countryside. This time there should be more action for our men, as the enemy UFO is a large scout, which usually holds quite a few more aliens than the small one that we faced last time.

This time Sterling Ice got the equipment loading correct, so everyone has Power Armor on for today’s battle.

The Skyranger begins its descent…

Our troops today:

Left Side:
1. Travis III (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
2. Rich 1033 (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
3. Danny Van Halen (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
4. Illinifan V (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
5. Jeeber D (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)

Right Side:
1. Zippy II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
2. Jeff Nights II (Blaster Launcher, Power Suit)
3. Split Personality II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
4. Condors II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
5. Fonzie II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)

The Skyranger will be coming down on the east side of the combat zone today. We can’t make out the UFO as we descend, but we can make out a number of buildings on the battlefield. To the immediate left of our Skyranger exit, about 5 yards away, are a couple of small shacks. About 40 yards away, at a 45-degree angle to the left from our exit, are a series of small shanties. Just behind them we can make out a two-story building. In the opposite direction, about 30 yards from the nose of the Skyranger, we can see another two-story building. Other than that, we’ve got the fields, fences, and walls that are the standard fare of British battlefields.

The Skyranger lands on the soft soil with a thunk. The gate falls open. Cool fall air drifts in to our Skyranger bay. Silence greets us.

Our tank rumbles onto the ramp. Incoming plasma from the left! Ambush! Our tank is drilled by quick, consecutive plasma hits and erupts in a ball of flame! Shrapnel and smoke pour into the Skyranger bay from the explosion. Shit. Zippy II and Travis III run for the edge of the ramp. Both men scan left and start to go to their knees. There! Two Mutons! At the shacks about 40 yards away to our left. One is firing through a window from inside the first shack; the other is kneeing in front of the first shack. Plasma comes streaking at our Skyranger before either man can get a shot off. Zippy II is nailed in the chest by a direct hit that cuts through his armor. Blood comes gushing out of his chest as he topples face down on the ramp. Qwikshot II, Rich, and Danny Van Halen sprint for the exit as Travis III opens fire. Travis catches the Muton in front of the shack with a plasma blast that sends it spinning to the ground, but we hear no scream: this alien is still alive. Split Personality III, Danny Van Halen, and Rich exit the Skyranger. Split and Rich open fire on the alien inside the shack while Danny checks Zippy II: he’s unconscious but alive! As plasma blasts whiz over his head, Danny pulls out a Medikit and starts to slap patches on the hole in Zippy’s chest. Neither Split nor Rich can hit the alien inside the shack, but Jeff Nights II reaches the top of the ramp and adds his firepower. Plasma blasts tear into the shack, and finally Jeff hits the Muton in the head. The creature drops back into the shack with a scream! X-COM 1, Aliens 0.

Danny drags Zippy II’s unconscious body back into the Skyranger bay as we try to clear the congested exit ramp. Travis III jumps off the ramp to the right to take cover behind the Skyranger landing gear. Incoming fire! A plasma blast comes tearing at Travis from the left of the shack that lies right beside our Skyranger. The blast cracks into the landing strut, mere inches from Travis’ head. Travis looks right and spots the Muton about 20 yards away, behind a stone wall to the left of the shack. He returns fire, and clips the alien’s head on his first shot. The alien screams and slumps over! Yes! What a shot! X-COM 2, Aliens 0.

Off at the more distant shacks, the alien that Travis stunned gets up and starts to bolt. Rich spots the movement and we open fire again. Green plasma streaks towards the target. The Muton tries to get into the shacks, but Rich lands a plasma blast on the creature’s back that knocks it to the ground screaming. This time it’s down for good! Jeff Nights II steps back into the Skyranger for a moment to let us clear the exit, as right now we’ve got five men bunched up in a grenade’s fantasy. X-COM 3, Aliens 0.

We try to move away from the Skyranger. Split takes two steps forward, but comes under fire. Plasma blasts clang into the side of the Skyranger. Another Muton is huddled behind a low wooden fence about 40 yards away, just to the left of shacks from which the Mutons ambushed us. Danny Van Halen, who just put Zippy down at the edge of the Skyranger bay, joins Rich and Split in opening fire on the Muton. Plasma slams into the fence, but Danny slips two shots through the gaps in the planking that slam into the Muton’s torso. It clutches its midsection, screams, and topples left to die. X-COM 4, Aliens 0.

Meanwhile, Travis makes a dash for the front landing strut of the Skyranger. He gets there safely, and searches for Mutons. Illinifan V steps out of the smoky Skyranger bay, jumps to the ground to the right of the exit bay, and takes up a position at the landing gear that Travis just left. Suddenly, plasma blasts come flying at Travis again, this time from a Muton advancing through a wooded field about 30 yards off the nose of the Skyranger. The blasts punch up clumps of dirt by Travis’ feet. Before Travis can return fire, the Muton retreats into the trees. Travis crawls forward from the landing strut to try to spot the alien, as we get Jeff and Jeeber D out of the Skyranger on the right side to lend a hand.

There! Behind a tree about 35 yards from Travis! Travis ducks down while Illinifan, Jeff, and Jeeber open fire. A torrent of plasma streaks for the Muton, but our aim is off: most of the shots sail well wide. The ones that don’t blow chunks of the small tree away, but don’t hit the Muton behind it. Danny Van Halen and Split Personality, in line with the enemy from the left side of the Skyranger, try some long distance shots, and Travis adds his firepower as well. The Muton is cowering under this impressive array of firepower. Finally, Jeff Nights II gets off a great shot from afar that nicks the tree trunk and slams into the Muto’s hip. The creature’s hip explodes, and the Muton falls to the ground screaming! Within seconds it is dead! X-COM 5, Aliens 0.

Things finally go quiet for a bit. We get a moment to plan our advance. We’ve got three areas of buildings to search: the shacks and house from which the ambush took place; the shacks to our immediate left; and the two-story barn that lies about 30 yards from our Skyranger nose. Rich, Split, and Danny head for the ambush shacks and house. Condors II exits the Skyranger and joins Illinifan. They head for the shacks right beside us. Travis III and Jeeber D head for the barn off the nose of the Skyranger. Fonzie II heads out of the Skyranger and into the now secure field near the exit. Once there, he sets up a firing position with the Blaster Launcher. Jeff Nights II stays back as a reserve.

We’ll use Fonzie II to soften up some of this danger of searching buildings. He fires two blaster missiles at the barn by Travis III and Jeeber D. The structure is torn apart by the missiles, but we hear no alien screams from inside. Jeeber D and Travis head for the remains to confirm that there are no aliens left alive there.

X-COM agents clear a Muton-held village. September, 2003. X-COM Archive Photos.

Meanwhile, Illinifan V and Condors II clear the two shacks right next to our Skyranger. As they do this, they spot the UFO, about 40 yards away, sitting in a field right behind a low stone wall. The door is facing us, so we should have a good shot at anything that comes out if we can move fast enough and get in a firing position. The two men take up some temporaty positions at the shacks overlooking the door.

At the ambush area, Rich clears the first two shacks, and the team starts to advance on the two-story house that lies further on. We’ll need to clear this before we can set up a good firing position on the UFO, as the house overlooks the stone wall that we’d like to use for cover.

X-COM forces work through a destroyed British barn. September, 2003. X-COM Archive Photos.

Back on the other side of the battlefield, as Travis and Jeeber are heading for the destroyed barn, Jeeber spots a Muton heading towards the UFO through a field that lies behind it. Jeeber D drops to a knee as Illinifan, at the left side of the central shacks, picks up the movement as well. Both men open fire. Plasma blasts tear up the field, and the Muton makes a mad dash for the safety of the UFO. It gets to within 20 yards when a plasma blast from Illinifan catches it in the knee. The shot dismembers the alien and sends it rolling to the ground. It frantically tries to crawl the remaining distance to the UFO, but Illinifan catches it in the side with another blast that stops it for good. X-COM 6, Aliens 0.

Things go quiet again as we continue our searches. Travis and Jeeber work their way through the remains of the barn without further incident, and head for the area to the left of the UFO. Once there, Jeeber D sets up a firing position on the door from behind a hedgewall, while Travis continues working his way around the cross-shaped UFO.

On the north side of the battlefield, Rich and Split Personality clear the two-story house. Rich goes up to the roof and sets up a sniping position that overlooks the battlefield and UFO. Split continues past the house with Danny Van Halen. The two of them clear the area to the right of the UFO and start behind the craft.

An X-COM sniper hunts for enemy troops. September, 2003. X-COM Archive Photos.

Back at our central area, with the house to the north cleared, we now control the wall that lies to the right of the UFO exit. Jeff Nights II, Zippy II—who has snapped back awake—, and Condors II make their way to the wall and set up great firing positions on the UFO door. Illinifan breaks left and works his way to some rubble near the destroyed barn. We’ve now got six men—Jeeber, Illinifan, Condors, Zippy, Jeff Nights, and Rich—all in position to blast anything that comes out the door.

At the rear of the UFO, Danny Van Halen, Travis, and Split finish their search and converge at the back of the UFO. We’ll wait a bit to see if aliens exit the front, then we’ll have Fonzie II blow open a hole in the back so these three men can lead our assault.

We don’t have long to wait, however. Within a couple of minutes, a Muton steps through the UFO door. Six agents open fire at once. The front of the UFO is ravaged with plasma blasts. The Muton has no chance. Hit multiple times, it turns to reenter the UFO, but Jeeber D puts on the coup de grace: a head shot that blows away the left side of the creature’s head. The thing drops to the ground, dead. X-COM 7, Aliens 0.

Suddenly, another Muton steps through the door! This time Condors II is fastest to the draw. His first shot hits the Muton in the face and blows it backwards into the UFO screaming. Right on this ones heels, a third Muton bursts through the exit. Once again it is Condors II that lands the killing blow, as a stomach shot doubles the enemy up and drives it to the ground, where it dies seconds later. X-COM 9, Aliens 0.

And that’s all she wrote! That was the last alien! Well done! Tough start, but we rallied nicely.

Kills: Jeff Nights II, 2; Travis III, 1; Condors II, 2; Rich 1033, 1; Danny Van Halen, 1; Jeeber D, 1; Illinifan V, 1.
Wounded: Zippy II (19 days).
Attribute Improvements: Zippy II, Jeff Nights II, Travis III, Condors II, Rich 1033, Danny Van Halen, Jeeber D, Illinifan V, Fonzie II.
Final score: 260
Mission Notes:
Zippy II is extremely lucky to be alive. He came as close as one can to dying from that chest shot, and would have died if Danny Van Halen had arrived a minute later.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 09-24-2003 at 12:51 AM.
Old 09-23-2003, 03:19 PM   #119
zippy256
n00b

Thank you DVH.
I owe you my life.
zippy256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 03:50 PM   #120
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

PsychoCop: We do seem to be on a roll now. Three missions in a row without a death. I'm not sure what our longest streak is, but I don't think it could be much beyond four.

Superman: Nice photo. Are you sure that's not one of our Skyranger pilots?

DVH: Your stock continues to rise! As long as you're not up against PSI-attacks, you seem to be a force to contend with.

Naiwf: Thanks! We'll have to put you in with Real Deal III and Tasan in the "Let's get these men a kill" party. Next EU COM mission. I promise.

Tasan: Good point. We know it's a female, but the tests don't mention anything about planetary origin. I'd ask my wife, but she'd just give me one of those "Terminator 3 tilt stares" that she always gives me when I start babbling about something insane. And don't worry, I'll only play games when my kids are asleep. As much fun as these games are, kids are more fun. Plus, they need careful training should I fall in battle against the Sectoids.

Illinifan: Will do on that death shot. By the way, these aren't real photographers taking the photos. We're using one of those MAV (Micro Air Vehicles) to take photos.

PsychoCop: UFO #249!?!?! Aaargh! We're only on #109!

Breeze: Got it. I'll put you back on "active". Just to let you know, to get in the action, when I "make the call", make a post saying that you're ready to report. That lets me know that you're still around and reading regularly. I wait at least 24 hours for an answer, then call the next person on the list if the first person called hasn't posted.

Should have an game update posted sometime later today.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 09-23-2003 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:10 PM   #121
DeToxRox
Head Coach

My shot is superb; Move over Billy the Kid
My stealth is glorious; Move over Ninja man
My doctor skills are sexy; Dr. Quinn, get out of here.
Next up? I think you know.

I WANT LEWIS! GIVE ME THE BELT SLUT!
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 04:21 PM   #122
JeeberD
General Manager

Oh yeah, I got another kill. Rock on....

Old 09-23-2003, 04:45 PM   #123
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

September 26, 2003

In the wee hours of the night, a large UFO appears over the Indian Ocean and begins a long beeline to the European continent. Helpless while the craft is in the air, we begin the wait to see if the craft touches down so we can launch an attack. Our resignation turns to concern when the UFO begins a zigzag course over southern Europe that gradually brings the large ship closer and closer to our EU COM base.

Our base quickly sounds the alert, and all agents go on full combat status as the UFO nears to within 50 miles. An eastward zig takes it away from our base, but a westward zag brings it right on line to pass over the top of our base. At 20 miles out, we hear the pinging, and we say our prayers to the gods above that they don’t find us.

10 miles out and the pings are coming faster and louder. 5 miles. 3 miles. 1 mile. And then the large UFO is right over our base. And stops. The pings become one long ringing. We brace for combat. All systems are on full alert. But one minute goes by and nothing happens. Two minutes later and still nothing. Five minutes go by and still no attack, and still the UFO is right over our base burning our eardrums with that infernal pinging. Then suddenly it roars off to the northeast at full speed. It continues that course for an hour and then disappears from our radar. We all breathe a long sigh of relief, but the look of concern remains: Did they find us?

The next morning, service personnel, bringing up the garbage from our subterranean base, find a human body right beside the main entrance shaft to our base. The corpse has been horribly tortured: the eyes gouged out; the finger and toe-nails ripped off; the body peppered with burn marks; much of the skin peeled off; and the genitals hacked off and stuffed in other orifices.

Crudely nailed to the body’s chest is a simple, blood-speckled note: “WEE NO WARE YU SLEAP.”

The body is Marmel’s.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 09-23-2003 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:49 PM   #124
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Poor Marm. Just when he saw the light about the RedSox, too.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:50 PM   #125
NAIWF
College Prospect

Sucks to be Marmel

Looks like I got my wish, I'll be involved in a bloody mission soon.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:03 PM   #126
JeeberD
General Manager

Ouch. Poor Marm, and not good news for EU COM either....

Old 09-23-2003, 05:14 PM   #127
tucker342
Pro Starter

ouch.... thats gotta hurt
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 05:26 PM   #128
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Hey, GB, where do Crappy and I work? USA COM? If not, I'd like to get a transfer over to USA COM pretty soon

SI

Old 09-23-2003, 06:52 PM   #129
AStott
Mascot

Oh boy... I think I'm hoping to get transferred to Asia Com when I'm healed up... Of course, I'll go where I'm sent, and serve with distinction, but... Doesn't sound good.
AStott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 08:09 PM   #130
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
September 26, 2003
The next morning, service personnel, bringing up the garbage from our subterranean base, find a human body right beside the main entrance shaft to our base. The corpse has been horribly tortured: the eyes gouged out; the finger and toe-nails ripped off; the body peppered with burn marks; much of the skin peeled off; and the genitals hacked off and stuffed in other orifices.

Crudely nailed to the body’s chest is a simple, blood-speckled note: “WEE NO WARE YU SLEAP.”

The body is Marmel’s.

Let me at 'em!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 08:11 PM   #131
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Wimps.

I will defend the honor of X-Com Europe! Where's my blaster launcher! I'll take the entire base down with me if I have to, but those aliens will never enter!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 08:44 PM   #132
PsychoCop
Mascot

One nice tactic I used to use once I get flying suits is going into the ships from up top. Blow a hole on the roof with a blaster launcher and send in around 5 troops to clear the ship from top to bottom. Lol.

Last edited by PsychoCop : 09-23-2003 at 08:51 PM.
PsychoCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 12:41 AM   #133
Tasan
College Starter

a little out of character here....GB if you're afraid of a base attack, make sure you have a suit of armor for each agent at the base. It really sucks to be down to your last handful of guys in a base and only have 2 with armor on. I think the stuff loaded on a skyranger leaves the base with the 'ranger too, so make sure you have more than enough. Sometimes when I think an attack is about to happen, I just keep the 'ranger unloaded so I have that stuff available.

Last edited by Tasan : 09-24-2003 at 12:43 AM.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 12:49 AM   #134
MrBug708
Head Coach

Scorned Lover Swaggs?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 02:48 AM   #135
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The body is Marmel’s.

I can see it already.

After having extracted the base's location from Marmel after days of endless torture, the aliens are now trying to determine the correct spelling for their message. It's good to see Marmel didn't give in and tell them.

Oh what?...Not the greatest speller, either, eh?...Oh well...

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 09-24-2003 at 02:49 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:21 PM   #136
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Sterling: You and Crappy fly all over the place, but we're going to make sure we clear out all nonessential personnel in the next couple of days. The base is going to get hit. Unfortunately, I knocked out the old radar and am replacing it with storage spaces, but until that's done (8 days) the base will have a less desirable defense layout. I'm hoping they don't attack until we get the redesign finished.

AStott: You and Alf and Glengoyne were transferred to ASIA COM on the 25th.

Tasan: Thanks! I remember from out first game that the equipment I got for the base defense was all screwy because I had all our good stuff on the Skyranger. I'll allow myself to rearrange this to our advantage. This is one of those stupid game quirks where I'll allow myself to revert to a saved game to get ready.

Psycho Cop: Yeah, the unofficial recommends that too. Flying suits is something we could research, but I'm putting a priority on new aircraft and alien origins research for now.

Update

Early on the 27th, Superman knocks a small scout down over Europe, and we send our USA COM contingent over for some exercise. Later in the day, a medium scout appears, and Superman launches again. This time he has a more difficult time of things (we had no large missiles at the base, whoops), but he managed to knock the craft down after a long dogfight in which the Interceptor suffered damage as well. We launch the EU COM Skyranger for this target.

Our USA COM Skyranger assault will go first, followed by EU COM. I'll just do a brief writeup for the USA attack, and so that should go up soon. The EU COM assault will follow sometime after that.

Our EU COM troops on board:
Revrew, Blade III, Lokugh II, Japherwaki II, Real Deal III, Patman II, Afoci, Tasan, Naiwf, Mr. Bug IV.

The EU COM mission will be taking some pains to make sure that Real Deal, Tasan, and Naiwf get a chance to pick up kills.

Humm, maybe "taking some pains" is not the best way to word this...
Old 09-24-2003, 09:26 PM   #137
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sterling: You and Crappy fly all over the place, but we're going to make sure we clear out all nonessential personnel in the next couple of days. The base is going to get hit. Unfortunately, I knocked out the old radar and am replacing it with storage spaces, but until that's done (8 days) the base will have a less desirable defense layout. I'm hoping they don't attack until we get the redesign finished.

Humm, maybe "taking some pains" is not the best way to word this...

Actually, I think "taking some pains" might be the appropriate wording. Back to speaking in character...

Anyways... nnnnnnon essential? I'll nonessential you, you administrative desk jockey! I don't see you doing much but fouling up equipment orders and keeping my funding low!

SI

Old 09-24-2003, 09:56 PM   #138
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
Anyways... nnnnnnon essential? I'll nonessential you, you administrative desk jockey! I don't see you doing much but fouling up equipment orders and keeping my funding low!

If being nonessential means I stay alive, I'll take it!
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 10:13 PM   #139
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

70th Mission: USA COM vs. Mutons in France

All these agents are the inactive readers (missed roll call), so this will be a simple mision summary.

Our troops today:

Left Side:
1. Daimyo II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
2. Wade Moore (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
3. BYU (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
4. The Time (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
5. Wignasty (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)

Right Side:
1. Achilles (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
2. CT Homer (Blaster Launcher, Power Suit)
3. Data King III (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
4. Sublime II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
5. Rawisdan (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)

Another short mission against a tiny UFO scout. Most of our agents never got off the Skyranger.

Data King III kills a sniper on a barn rooftop with some nice long range shooting.

Sublime II kills a Muton in a field from behind our tank.

No casualties, but our tank takes a beating.

Kills: Data King III, 1; Sublime II, 1.
Wounded: None
Attribute Improvements: Data King III, Sublime II, BYU.
Final score: 54
Mission Notes:
Wade Moore becomes our second agent to survive 20 missions. The mission ended before he even got out of the Skyranger.

Man, doing these things without a full writeup is cake. Takes no time at all.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:53 PM   #140
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

71st Mission: More Muton Madness

The EU COM hurtles east, to the Russian border, where Superman’s latest kill awaits cleanup. This time we’ll be up against a large scout, which should contain a fair number of aliens.

Our goal today is to help foster the development of some of our agents that have been on a number of missions without getting much action. We’re going to try, if possible, to set up Real Deal III, Tasan, and Naiwf for kills. We won’t take any unnecessary risks, but we will do our best to maneuver them into position to move up on the kill board.

The Skyranger begins its descent to the Russian countryside on this beautiful late September morning…

Left Side:
1. Blade III (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
2. Revrew (Blaster Launcher, Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
3. Real Deal III (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
4. Afoci (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
5. Naiwf (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)

Right Side:
1. Lokugh II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
2. Japherwaki II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
3. Patman II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
4. Tasan (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
5. Mr. Bug IV (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)

As we descend, we scan the battlefield. We are coming down on the west side of the combat zone, so the action should lie to the right of our Skyranger exit. We can just pick out the outline of the cross-shaped UFO, sitting in a field about 50 yards directly to the right of our exit. The door, most likely, will be facing away from us. The only other structure we can make out is a large, two-story barn that our Skyranger will nose up against. Elsewhere, it’s just the stuff we know and love: stone walls, hedgewalls, and fences.

The Skyranger hits the ground with a soft thud. The gate falls open…

Silence. We send our tank out onto the ramp. Whoosh! Incoming fire! A missile comes from a small grove about 50 yards straight out from the Skyranger exit. Oh crap! The missile soars right for our exit, and slams into the left edge of the landing bay. It goes off with a small crash, and stun gas fills the air near the exit. Whew! I thought that was a blaster missile! Our tank continues straight down the ramp and spots the Muton that just fired on us, lying on the ground at the edge of the grove. Real Deal III runs to the edge of the Skyranger exit, drops to a knee, and opens fire…

Bingo! Real hits the Muton in the shoulder and blows a large chunk of the creature’s upper chest away. The thing howls and dies within seconds! Well, that was easy! X-COM 1, Aliens 0.

Our tank reaches the bottom of the ramp, spins, and searches the nearby terrain…

Nothing. Quiet. We disembark. Lokugh II, Blade III, and Afoci head straight out of the Skyranger and continue on into the fields in front of the exit. Japherwaki II and Mr. Bug IV exit and get behind our tank, which leads the way towards the barn off the nose of the Skyranger. Tasan and Naiwf exit, turn right, cut over a stone wall, and head straight for the UFO. The door is on the far side of the craft, and we can see a large hole in the middle of the roof. We’ll try to get Tasan and Naiwf up against the UFO so they can pour some grenades in the hole. Revrew exits the Skyranger, breaks left, and sets up a position with the Blaster Launcher. Patman II and Real Deal III play rock, paper, and scissors inside the Skyranger bay.

X-COM forces disembark from a Skyranger in Russia.September, 2003. X-COM Archives Photo

For the first few minutes, we encounter no resistance. Lokugh, Blade, and Afoci clear the fields straight out from our Skyranger exit, then break right. They’ll sweep the left side of the UFO, which we can now see consists of a small collection of buildings and shacks. Japh and Mr. Bug advance to the barn off the nose of our Skyranger, which appears quiet. They prepare to rush inside.

Naiwf and Tasan make the slow advance on the UFO. Suddenly, Naiwf spots a Muton cutting through a field to the right of the UFO. Patman, Mr. Bug IV, Japh, and Naiwf all have shots at the thing, and we send out a ferocious volley of fire at the lone enemy. Plasma blasts tear up the field, and the startled Muton tries to flee. Naiwf is the first to hit: he drops the Muton with a shot to the calf. The Muton gets up, though, and keeps trying to get away, this time dragging its left leg behind it. Japh, with a long shot from 70 yards plus, drills the thing in the back, though, and it falls to the ground one final time. Nice shot! X-COM 2, Aliens 0.

After that, things go quite once more. Our men continue their advances. We bring Patman II and Real Deal III out of the Skyranger to get ready to move if any of our teams in the field need help. Japh and Mr. Bug break inside the barn, but the structure is empty on both floors. Lokugh, Blade, and Afoci start drawing nearer to the small village at the left of the UFO, but the place is silent, so we don’t expect much resistance there.

Tasan and Naiwf make it to the side of the UFO, and prep grenades to toss through the hole in the roof. Tasan makes two throws, and both grenades go off with a roar that send plumes of smoke up through the hole in the roof, but we draw no alien screams. Naiwf follows with a grenade as well, but he gets no scream either. We try one more grenade for luck, and this time Tasan hits pay dirt: we hear the muffled scream of a Muton dying inside! Yes, Tasan got one! Ducks in a barrel! X-COM 3, Aliens 0.

X-COM forces assault an alien UFO with grenades.September, 2003. X-COM Archives Photo

The tank, Mr. Bug, and Japh exit the barn and start out for the fields that lie on the right of the UFO. Afoci, Blade, and Lokugh reach the small village and start clearing the first few buildings.

At the UFO, we decide to give up throwing expensive grenades inside the craft. We pull our tank away from Japh and Mr. Bug and send it over to Naiwf at the UFO. Naiwf gets behind the thing and the two of them start to loop around the right side of the UFO. Meanwhile, Patman II leaves the vicinity of the Skyranger and starts to jog to Naiwf’s position as well. We’ll set up a firing position on the UFO door with the two of them.

As Naiwf and the tank roll around the UFO, a Muton comes around the corner right at them! Naiwf opens fire first, and blows a large hole in the creature’s stomach that drops it to the ground screaming! Wow! Naiwf got his kill! X-COM 4, Aliens 0.

An X-COM agent advances on a UFO door.September, 2003. X-COM Archives Photo

Patman II reaches the tank and Naiwf a couple of minutes later, and together they resume an advance on the UFO door. Once again, a Muton comes around in front of them, but this time the tank is first two react. It fires a missile that clips the corner of the UFO and explodes. The force of the explosion sends the Muton flying to the ground, where it cracks its head on a fallen log and falls unconscious.

And that is the last alien! Only five? Man, are they running out?

Kills: Real Deal III, 1; Japherwaki II, 1; Tasan, 1; Naiwf, 1.
Wounded: None
Attribute Improvements: Real Deal III, Japherwaki II, Tasan, Naiwf.
Final score: 127.
Mission Notes:
Real Deal, Tasan, and Naiwf get their alien kills!

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 09-25-2003 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:01 AM   #141
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Craptacular
If being nonessential means I stay alive, I'll take it!

You know... I like that thinking. Good plan

SI

Old 09-25-2003, 12:23 AM   #142
Swaggs
Coordinator

This just keeps getting better and better...
Old 09-25-2003, 12:25 AM   #143
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Dear Captain Sterling Ice:

No, no, no. No takes back. And no need to back off your stance that you are indeed an "essential" member of our defense team. I really should apologize. In no way are you nonessential, and I just couldn't sleep well knowing that I've hurt your feelings. To make you feel better, I've got you on a Concorde that'll take you right to EU COM, where you can be with all the other essential personnel for October.

Again, please accept my humble apologies and I hope this small action will go a long way to making you feel much better!

Sincerely,
Godzilla Blitz

P.S. We're a little short of Heavy Plasmas there, though, so you might have to fight with a broomstick if things get ugly. I hear poking them in the eyes works really well.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 09-25-2003 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:25 AM   #144
NAIWF
College Prospect

What? No assist on that kill by Japh?

No complaints today, a kill, another survived mission and some skill improvements.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:35 AM   #145
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Next up...

1. Stats Update
2. General Update
3. Next mission.

Might not have much time to play tomorrow. Probably will get #1 and #2 done though. Next mission probably should be up on Friday late, barring babies being born and an unusually large mission.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 09-25-2003 at 12:36 AM.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:18 AM   #146
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Did the stats tonight...

X-COM II Troop Master List (After Mission 71)

USA COM
Code:
ID Name Status Rank Miss. Kills Medals 14. Wade Moore Active Colonel 20 21 D-2B; F-1B; G-1 31. BYU 14 Active Captain 17 10 - 37. The Time Active Sergeant 14 3 - 41. Fat Football II Active Sergeant 12 6 - 43. Achilles Active Sergeant 13 11 - 55. Sublime II Active Squaddie 12 7 - 59. Daimyo II Active Squaddie 6 5 - 61. Rawisdan Active Squaddie 11 6 - 71. Wignasty Active Squaddie 5 3 - 73. CTHomer Active Squaddie 6 6 - 94. Data King III Active Squaddie 2 2 -

EU COM
Code:
ID Name Status Rank Miss. Kills Medals 2. jfbbis Active Colonel 17 14 D-2B;G-1 10. Kodos Active Commander 20 19 D-1S;H-1 19. Revrew Active Sergeant 17 13 - 46. Patman II Active Captain 17 9 - 66. Tasan Active Squaddie 12 5 - 70. Naiwf Active Sergeant 11 5 - 89. RealDeal III Active Squaddie 6 2 - 90. Coffee Warlord II Active Squaddie 7 6 - 93. Afoci Active Squaddie 5 3 - 97. Blade III Active Squaddie 3 2 - 98. MrBug IV Active Squaddie 4 3 - 99. Lokugh II Active Squaddie 4 1 - 100. Sir Fozzie Active Squaddie 3 5 - 101. Wolfpack Active Squaddie 4 2 - 102. Japherwaki II Active Squaddie 5 4 - 105. Swaggs Active Squaddie 3 3 - 107. Chief Rum III Active Squaddie 1 1 -

ASIA COM
Code:
ID Name Status Rank Miss. Kills Medals 15. Rich 1033 Active Squaddie 16 13 K-1Y 35. Jeff Nights II Active Captain 19 10 - 39. Thomkal II Active Sergeant 14 13 - 45. Danny VanHalen Active Squaddie 15 12 - 52. Qwikshot II Active Sergeant 14 10 - 74. AStott Active Captain 11 16 - 75. Alf III Active Squaddie 4 2 - 76. Fonzie II Active Squaddie 7 7 - 78. Render II Active Squaddie 8 5 - 84. Split Pers III Active Squaddie 4 5 - 92. Jeeber D Active Squaddie 3 4 - 96. Illinifan V Active Squaddie 3 3 - 103. Condors II Active Squaddie 4 6 - 106. Travis III Active Squaddie 4 4 - 109. Glengoyne Active Rookie 0 0 -

SAM COM
Code:
ID Name Status Rank Miss. Kills Medals 107. Zippy II WND (12) Squaddie 2 1 -

Code:
Medals Key: Medals listed by letter code then number of times received. A = Order of Mega Mighty Mojo; B = Order of Mighty Mojo; C = Order of Mojo; D = Star of Terra; E = Badge of Kahunas; F = Angel Wings; G = Purple Heart; H = Kodos Doh Award; J = Cam Edwards Pin; K = Pin of Cowardice. Following Number: G = Gold; S = Silver; B = Bronze; Y = Yellow; Bl = Black

X-COM II Troop Attributes
Code:
Name TU’s Stam Hlth Brav Reac Fire Thrw Str. 2. jfbbis 74 77 57 30 35 82 58 51 10. Kodos 76 87 57 50 61 78 73 49 14. Wade Moore 76 79 56 30 59 87 70 66 15. Rich 1033 75 68 44 20 55 54 70 62 19. Revrew 73 60 51 30 36 62 59 55 31. BYU 14 70 79 53 50 44 56 55 50 35. Jeff Nights II 66 73 53 60 32 64 59 50 37. The Time 68 72 47 40 62 49 56 47 39. Thomkal II 68 88 57 30 56 49 61 44 41. Fat Football II 69 68 41 50 38 68 73 50 43. Achilles 64 68 52 10 45 77 79 50 45. Danny VanHalen 73 77 45 10 41 62 78 51 46. Patman II 74 67 50 60 47 52 79 51 52. Qwikshot II 70 80 45 10 58 77 65 48 55. Sublime II 69 70 43 10 40 70 75 52 59. Daimyo II 61 60 43 30 47 69 64 42 61. RawisDan 67 49 33 60 37 67 74 44 66. Tasan 62 60 45 50 39 64 58 52 70. Naiwf 71 68 48 50 40 61 69 45 71. Wignasty 64 45 37 20 38 61 72 44 73. CTHomer 68 67 38 10 58 45 62 46 74. AStott 73 55 51 50 55 71 62 55 75. Alf III 58 47 34 40 52 48 55 42 76. Fonzie II 65 74 49 20 42 62 79 42 78. Render II 66 53 40 50 57 72 69 41 84. Split Pers III 61 61 37 30 40 64 67 38 89. RealDeal III 65 70 32 60 47 63 68 48 90. Coffee Warlord II 69 76 42 60 38 71 69 42 92. Jeeber D 61 57 38 20 30 59 75 36 93. Afoci 60 59 37 30 40 45 54 43 94. Data King III 62 50 30 50 36 52 58 30 96. Illinifan V 57 50 44 50 56 53 66 40 97. Blade III 61 70 43 50 59 44 62 33 98. Mr. Bug IV 61 64 45 10 34 69 66 34 99. Lokugh II 57 60 35 30 40 60 78 44 100. Sir Fozzie 51 52 45 10 55 64 59 36 101. Wolfpack 64 68 32 40 35 61 59 31 102. Japherwaki II 66 75 37 20 31 50 51 43 103. Condors II 63 64 37 60 50 67 66 48 105. Swaggs 63 69 34 60 51 71 69 36 106. Travis III 65 61 43 30 54 69 58 35 107. Chief Rum III 63 47 43 50 56 65 77 24 108. Zippy II 58 68 35 40 47 69 50 34 109. Glen Goyne 57 64 40 30 34 65 53 37 Key: Tu's = Time Units; Stam = Stamina; Hlth = Health; Brav = Bravery Reac = Reactions; Fire = Firing; Thrw = Throwing; Str. = Strength
Support Personnel
Code:
Head of Research: Craptacular (Current researching focus: UFO Navigation, Mind Probe) Head of Engineering: Sterling Ice II (Current manufacturing focus: Power Suits, Blaster Missiles, Stun Bombs) US Interceptor Pilot: CapnMorgan (7 Kills) EU Interceptor Pilot: Superman (7 Kills) AS Interceptor Pilot: Toddiec IV (6 Kills)

Attribute Leaders (After Mission 71)
Code:
Time Units: (76) Wade Moore, Kodos Stamina: (88) Thomkal II Health: (57) Thomkal II, Jfbbis, Kodos Bravery: (60) (Seven tied) Reactions: (62) The Time Firing: (87) Wade Moore Throwing: (79) Fonzie II, Achilles, Patman II Strength: (66) Wade Moore

Attribute Doggies (After Mission 71)
Code:
Time Units: (51) Sir Fozzie Stamina: (45) Wignasty Health: (30) Data King III Bravery: (10) (Seven tied) Reactions: (30) Jeeber D Firing: (44) Blade III Throwing: (50) Zippy II Strength: (24) Chief Rum III

Top Ten Kills Leaders
Code:
1. Wade Moore 21 2. Kodos 19 3. Klayman (KIA) 18 4. Shorty (KIA) 16 4. Astott 16 5. Jfbbis 14 7. Revrew 13 7. Blade 6119 III (KIA) 13 7. Rich1033 13 7. Thomkal II 13

Waiting List
Code:
ID Name Base Status Rank LBrvOK? OptUp? 110. Breeze - On Call Rookie Yes No 111. 3ric IV - On Call Rookie Yes No 112. Airhog II - On Call Rookie Yes No 113. Anxiety II - On Call Rookie Yes No 114. Blade 6119 IV - On Call Rookie Yes No 115. Klayman III - On Call Rookie Yes No 116. Aesyrqwe - On Call Rookie Yes No 117. Chuck U Farley - On Call Rookie Yes No 118. Psycho Cop II - On Call Rookie Yes No 119. Calis - On Call Rookie Yes No 120. Tucker II - On Call Rookie Yes No 118. Sachmo III - On Call Rookie Yes No 119. Katon II - On Call Rookie Yes No 120. Marmel II - On Call Rookie Yes No 121. Crash Davis - On Call Rookie Yes No 122. Mike Vic - On Call Rookie Yes No 123. Vince - On Call Rookie Yes No

The Hall of Heroes

Code:
ID Name Status Rank Miss. Kills Medals 1. Cam Edwards KIA Rookie 1 0 J-1 3. Patman KIA Captain 5 1 4. Fat Football KIA Sergeant 3 3 F-2B 5. Sublime KIA Sergeant 6 3 K-2Y 6. Blade 6119 KIA Rookie 1 1 7. Jeff Nights KIA Rookie 1 0 8. Render KIA Sergeant 12 9 9. Kerillini KIA Sergeant 6 5 D-1B 11. Toddiec KIA Squaddie 3 1 12. Illinifan KIA Squaddie 4 2 13. MrBug KIA Rookie 1 0 E-1B 16. Thomkal KIA Squaddie 2 5 D-1B 17. Shorty KIA Captain 16 16 D-1B; G-1; H-1 18. Klayman KIA Captain 13 18 G-1; K-1Y 20. Travis KIA Squaddie 10 6 21. Schmidty KIA Rookie 3 1 22. Al Hill KIA Squaddie 6 2 H-1 23. Sachmo KIA Squaddie 3 3 24. Data King KIA Sergeant 6 4 25. Alf KIA Rookie 1 2 26. Mr. Bug II KIA Squaddie 5 1 K-1Y 27. Daimyo KIA Squaddie 3 0 28. 3ric KIA Squaddie 2 1 H-1; K-1Y 29. Raven Hawk KIA Captain 15 11 - 30. Sterling Ice KIA Rookie 1 0 32. Chief Rum KIA Squaddie 4 3 33. Qwikshot KIA Rookie 1 0 E-1G; F-1S 34. Cam Edwards II KIA Squaddie 7 7 - 36. Blade 6119 II KIA Rookie 1 0 38. Split Personality KIA Rookie 1 0 40. Toddiec II KIA Squaddie 4 3 42. Blade KIA Sergeant 5 4 44. Airhog KIA Squaddie 11 7 - 47. Illinifan II KIA Squaddie 4 2 48. Fonzie KIA Squaddie 4 5 49. Lokugh KIA Sergeant 9 8 - 50. Sachmo II KIA Sergeant 19 12 - 51. Kerillini II KIA Squaddie 8 3 - 53. Alf II KIA Rookie 1 2 54. Blade 6119 III KIA Squaddie 11 13 - 56. Schmidty II KIA Rookie 1 0 57. Split Pers. II KIA Sergeant 4 4 58. 3ric II KIA Squaddie 5 1 - 60. Illinifan III MIA Squaddie 2 0 62. Data King II KIA Squaddie 3 2 - 63. Mr. Bug III KIA Squaddie 5 3 - 64. Japherwaki KIA Rookie 3 0 - 65. Al Hill II KIA Sergeant 3 2 - 67. Chief Rum II KIA Sergeant 13 9 - 68. Toddiec III KIA Rookie 3 0 - 69. Zippy KIA Squaddie 9 5 - 72. Coffee Warlord KIA Rookie 1 1 77. PsychoCop KIA Rookie 2 0 - 79. Blade II KIA Rookie 3 0 - 80. Illinifan IV KIA Rookie 3 0 - 81. Andone KIA Rookie 3 1 - 82. Condors KIA Squaddie 6 3 - 83. Travis II KIA Squaddie 4 3 - 85. Cam Edwards III KIA Squaddie 2 4 - 86. Klayman II KIA Squaddie 6 3 - 87. 3ric III KIA Squaddie 5 6 - 88. Anxiety KIA Squaddie 2 2 - 91. Tucker KIA Squaddie 3 1 - 95. Katon KIA Squaddie 2 2 - 104. Marmel KIA Squaddie 3 4 -

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 09-25-2003 at 01:19 AM.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:34 AM   #147
Blade6119
Coordinator

sooo....whats up?...yah, im good. Still dead, but you know...thats what happenes when you get on the godzilla's bad side.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 01:30 PM   #148
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I'm becoming fairly studly. This maybe the best Real Deal Alhill yet. My goal is to become solid enough to go on the final mission, which is going to be a humdinger.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 02:06 PM   #149
Tasan
College Starter

A Kill! WOOHOO!!! Thanks GB, for getting me the kill and not getting me killed in return!

Saying that, I'll prolly die the next mission. Cest La Vi
Old 09-25-2003, 04:13 PM   #150
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Really slow day at work today...

Random X-COM Trivia

Deadly Missions

Although one would guess that an agent would be most likely to die on his first mission, surprisingly, it is the third mission that is most likely to take the life of an X-COM agent.

Number of agents that have died on their (x)th mission:

1st: 12
2nd: 7
3rd: 14
4th: 7
5th: 6
6th: 6
7th: 1
8th: 1
9th: 2
10th: 1
11th: 2
12th: 1
13th: 2
14th: 0
15th: 1
16th: 1
17th: 0
18th: 0
19th: 1
20th: 0

Tasan: No problem! Those grenades through the roof are usually easy kills, but those damn Mutons take a lot of damage before they die.

Real Deal: Yeah, that last mission should be something, if we get that far. I'm interested in seeing the PSI ratings of agents too. I think that will play a big factor in who gets to go and who gets to stay.

Naiwf: I didn't think you were going to pick up a kill there, as there was a good chance the Mutons coming out of the UFO could have gone the other way. Fortunately they cam for you, and there you are. Nice easy kill from a protected firing position. You even get your photo in the paper three times!