Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2003, 12:17 AM   #51
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

Finally a decent update.. form had been going downhill for few weeks..

Form:
Starters: +7/-2 (one guy was +2)
Overall: +11/-4 (2 guys +2)

Training:
+1 PM'ing on one of my trainees (solid to excellent)

Experience:
+2 (both on starting defenders)

Value:
+652k/-74k (+578k overall)

Overall Team Value:
6.1 mil

Sidenote:
My 3 middies are valued at: 832k, 854, 944k (one went up 271k value this week with the +2 form from poor to inad)

My starting Middies have 6-8 weeks training done so far.. and are 20,21,21y sooo.. in another few weeks I'll have some brilliant pm'ers!!! YAY!

Hobbes- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 12:24 AM   #52
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

Vance Hull (5342302)
54 years, inadequate form, healthy
A solid coach who is DEFENSIVE minded
A sympathetic guy who is temperamental and dishonest.
Has outstanding experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

lol who is Dean Houston... I can't find his existance.. he must be undercover.. was he that CIA agent that tried to tell the Fockers they were using steriods? I swear none of that ever happened! EVER! NEVER EVER!

by the way.. you gotta admit.. your gf is pretty hot :o
Old 12-05-2003, 12:36 AM   #53
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

Eugene Emeralds - Fockers 1 - 2

Date: 12/4/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 13272377
Arena: Eugene Emeralds Arena
Crowd: 28003

28003 spectators had come to Eugene Emeralds Arena this cloudy day. Emeralds started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Duffy - Arostegui, van Hemert, Andersson - Neil, Call, Braxton, Lomax, Kirk - Wandschneider, Shell.

Fockers started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Paulusz - Läfvengård, Gnaegi, Nowak - Snashall, Ash, Yao, Sánchez, Kaplan - Bulygin, Schreuder.

Emeralds saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. Fockers took the lead in the games 25:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Yefim Bulygin was the scorer. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. Emeralds held the ball, with a clear 59 percent possession rate.

Emeralds were close to equalising on a free kick in the 51st minute, but Domonkos Paulusz made a great save, tipping it to a corner. Hud Shell pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 56:th minute, wove through the guests whole central defense line and put the 1 - 1 equaliser away. Emeralds could have put themselves ahead in the 77:th minute as Steffen Wandschneider missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. After a fine move down the middle Steffen Wandschneider nearly gave the home side one up in the 77:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. Emeralds held the ball, with a clear 71 percent possession rate.

As none of the teams had managed to win, extra time was called. Some quick foot work on the left side of the field in the 91st minute left Fockers´s Danny Schreuder completely free to score. 1 - 2 for the visitors. With that Fockers had won the game in extra time. Emeralds´s best player was Milton Call. However, Brent Lomax made a disastrous appearance. Fockers´s best player was Elias Läfvengård. Glenn Ash on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 2.

Eugene Emeralds
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: passable
Right Side Defence: formidable
Central Defence: excellent
Left Side Defence: magnificent
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: solid

Fockers
Midfield: weak
Right Side Defence: world class
Central Defence: magnificent
Left Side Defence: magnificent
Right Side Attack: excellent
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: passable

Next week I'll be at home.. vs this guy:

UVACavs
Midfield: weak
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: weak
Central Attack: excellent
Left Side Attack: solid
(his last cup ratings with shit B team)

UVACavs
Midfield: outstanding
Right Side Defence: excellent
Central Defence: brilliant
Left Side Defence: outstanding
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: outstanding
Left Side Attack: excellent
(his last league match with A team)

So.. looks like he has the upper hand b/c he actually has an attack.. but we'll see.. =)
Old 12-05-2003, 12:11 PM   #54
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Heheh . . . Dean Houston.

A long time FOFC joke. Here is a link that might explain the Tao of Dean Houston.

Tao of Dean Houston
Old 12-05-2003, 12:19 PM   #55
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Here's my whoopin of the Black Sharks.

Tiburones Negros - Gargoyles 0 - 7

Date: 12/4/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 13272298
Arena: El Tanque Del Tiburónes
Crowd: 7212

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 7212 at El Tanque Del Tiburónes today. Tiburones tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. They fielded: Way - Greenwood, Winslow, Madden - Harbin, Allen, Williams, Giner - Johnson, Juarez, Hensley.

Gargoyles tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. Lineup: Kullenhult - Blackburn, Morgansson, Langeland - Öbratt, Mccormick, Michelsson, Ekmo - Pascoal, bin Selamat, Ball.

Tiburones mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. After 13 minutes Gargoyless Cornelius Ball made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 0 - 1. The visitors Jami Michelsson took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 28:th minute. 0 - 2 for Gargoyles. Fine winger Karl Ekmo made one of his many passes from the wing into the middle in the 34:th minute. Cornelius Ball went to the air and hit the ball firmly with his forehead for 0 - 3. By now Gargoyles were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Tiburones seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. 0 - 3 was the half-time score. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Gargoyles, with an impressive 61 percent possession of the ball.

Tiburones -coach had an extra briefing during the break, and after that his players looked a lot more organized. The visitors Hafiz bin Selamat took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 65:th minute. 0 - 4 for Gargoyles. Gargoyles´s Hafiz bin Selamat received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 81st minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 5. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. After 87 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Even Langeland who increased Gargoyles´s lead to 0 - 6. Tiburones appeared unsure on how to play. The visitors Cornelius Ball took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 88:th minute. 0 - 7 for Gargoyles. At that, Cornelius Ball was noted down for a hat trick. After 88 minutes Nicolas Harbin could have reduced had it not been for an excellent block by the visitors keeper Torbjörn Kullenhult. Tiburones had obvious problems in finding their positions. Gargoyles held the ball, with a clear 66 percent possession rate.

Tiburones´s best player was Michel Way. Nicolas Harbin was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Gargoyles player was without a doubt Torbjörn Kullenhult. Keith Mccormick on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 7.

Next week I have L_REDSKINS in cup play. He doesn't look that good, but my best IM is in wretched form right now. Also they are playing against the team that is #1 in their division this week. If they are serious about their division, I should be able to get a leg-up in cup play.

Last League Match:
L_REDSKINS
Midfield: formidable
Central Defence: outstanding
Left Side Defence: excellent
Right Side Attack: outstanding

Last Cup Match:
L_REDSKINS
Midfield: passable
Left Side Defence: excellent
Right Side Attack: formidable
Old 12-05-2003, 03:04 PM   #56
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

lol Dean Houston was an amazing person =) gargzy.. you ask hulis..
Old 12-05-2003, 05:55 PM   #57
Raven Hawk
College Starter

I invited Huligans over to the board. I hope that him and his new 5-star middie stop by to say 'hello.'

Yeah, he spent 2.5M on a midfielder.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:15 PM   #58
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

just today? i'm gonna go have a look..
Old 12-06-2003, 12:12 PM   #59
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Yeah the new guy is an older middie, but looks to be quite . . . outstanding . . . .
Old 12-07-2003, 02:10 PM   #60
Raven Hawk
College Starter

I'm torn today. I'm not sure if I want to use CA or not . . . My guess is that AAC goes for midfield possession with his 3-5-2. But I don't think that he will be able to beat me by that much at midfield because of form. He'll prolly put up excellent to formidable. I'll probably put up passable to solid in my 3-4-3. Decisions . . . decisions . . . decisions . . .
Old 12-07-2003, 08:11 PM   #61
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Arsenal A.C. - Gargoyles 2 - 4

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Highbury saw a crowd turnout of 43988. AAC had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Kaszuba - Meijers, Flaherty, Nilsson - Lyhing, Davidsson, Balodis Matesanz, Ritter, Åhnen - Maynard, Håkansson.

Gargoyles had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. Lineup: Kullenhult - Morgansson, Di Palma, Blackburn - El-Nabil, Slyngen, Michelsson, Ekmo - Jackson, bin Selamat, Ball.

Roger Blackburn seemed to be floating in the air at will as he elegantly headed in 0-1. The previous Gargoyles corner kick was executed by Bryce Jackson. The away team´s Karl Ekmo took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 6:th minute increasing Gargoyles´s lead to 0 - 2. The structure of the game started to change as Gargoyles decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. A marvelous AAC effort to the right resulted in a 11th minute goal by Jasone Balodis Matesanz, putting the score up to 1 - 2. 18 minutes into the game Eugene Flaherty had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Kristian Skak. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 2. AAC, bringing the final ball possession rate to 61 percent, dominated the battle.

Darrick Ritter put his head to a well placed ball lifted in from the left and scored the 2 - 2 goal in the 56:th minute. Lars Lyhing of AAC received a yellow card in the 63rd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. After 63 minutes Gargoyless Bryce Jackson made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 2 - 3. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Gargoyles´s Albert A. Morgansson got himself booked. In the 69:th minute Gargoyless Eigil Slyngen received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. The referee signalled a penalty in the 72nd minute following an offence just inside of the box. Bryce Jackson knocked home 2 - 4 just out of reach for the goaltender. AAC held the ball, with a clear 59 percent possession rate.

The most dominating AAC player was without a doubt Lars Håkansson. Kristian Skak on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Gargoyles player was without a doubt Torbjörn Kullenhult. Vicente Di Palma on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 4

Arsenal A.C.
Midfield: excellent
Right Side Defence: brilliant
Left Side Defence: brilliant
Central Attack: formidable

Gargoyles
Midfield: inadequate
Right Side Defence: magnificent
Central Defence: outstanding
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: outstanding
Central Attack: brilliant
Left Side Attack: formidable
Old 12-07-2003, 08:16 PM   #62
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

can't be unhappy about that outcome =) 4-0 gg Gargzy
Old 12-07-2003, 08:20 PM   #63
Raven Hawk
College Starter

No kidding. I'm bloody jolly about it. Once again I foiled the NSI and pulled out a victory.

The 2 special event goals in this game made the difference. Just like the 1 did last week. I'm glad I've got some decent SP guys on my team.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:06 PM   #64
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Hobbes-

I think that you may have been MOTS'd. After looking at former games, there is one of two things that happened.

1. He MOTS'd you.

2. He had POE and played normal. All I know is that his midfield rating shot up a notch or two this week.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:14 PM   #65
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

I should have had 93 rating this week.. or 96.. my 4* midfielder got hurt. But it's all good.. if he mots'd me then he'll be hurting down the road.. I would have to agree.. his rating shot up quite a bit.. he was around the low 80's and now he's at 90?! (with no transfers)..

Alls I know is that I'll be damned if I'm gonna get demoted this season with a 100 Rating.. I have an excellent forward coming in this week.. and I'll have 3 x brilliant pm'ers in a few weeks.. my midfield should be brilliant+

That alone should put me at 100 Rating..

+3 levels on this weeks midfield (i'm AT LEAST 2 levels better Midfield right now) .. and +2 on each of the two weaker attacks (3 x excellent) will put me at 100 ..
Old 12-07-2003, 09:16 PM   #66
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

No offense to Hulis but I think my team is gonna take out frustration on him next week.. =(
Old 12-07-2003, 09:21 PM   #67
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

I hope he MOTS'd that.. I don't think I'm MOTS'ing any matches this season other than the last one if I continue at this pace (hopefully a qual game? =/)
Old 12-08-2003, 03:10 AM   #68
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

all I can do is laugh..

By: WVU2008
To: lytic 703185.14 as reply to 703185.12
12/8/2003 at 04:26
u'd better be attempting to counterattack next week. POE TS and a MOTS will be coming your way or at least the POE TS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WVU2008
Season 20 Champion of V.87
Season 21 Returns to IV.19
U.S. Traning Federation- Training Keeper
Lota-Member USA

I hope he does MOTS you.. then he'll PIC me and I'll kick his ass.. If he doesn't MOTS you I'll prolly PIC him to make sure I can beat Evil 2x after that..
Old 12-08-2003, 10:09 AM   #69
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I think I got under his skin... If he threatens a MOTS, he's thinking of PICing. So I'll have to piss him off enough to MOTS me.
FYI, ratings suck. With CA, ratings are auto-lower due to a lowe mid. My CA rating should be factored into my rating.
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 10:14 AM   #70
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Yeah, but my Dad can beat up your Dad.

Where'd you get that second quote. I didn't see that one.

Mountaineers need to be put in their place something fierce.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:24 AM   #71
Raven Hawk
College Starter

What are you talking about, lytic? The team with the higher rating wins EVERY time.

That's what I love about tactics: it makes ratings mongers cry about losing their games.

No offense to you Fockers because I've noticed that you care about defense also. However, I hate the fact that people think that they need to dominate midfield to win. So, you have 2x as many PM trainers as you have scoring or defense. Hatstats' ratings only go to promote this idea.

You get people like the Mounties that don't even think that the game needs to be played because they are so dominant at midfield.

One thing that I love about our division is that we do have people that know how to use strategy and tactics to win a game. I thought lytic's move to the 3-5-2 this week was a brilliant idea. Good job - lytic.

Watch Greg's and Mounties. Greg's will attack in the middle every game and Mounties will attack on the wings every game. I hope that they do continue that trend. One thing that you can't be in IV.19 is predictable.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:44 PM   #72
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I was wondering how he would react to an obvious CA situation. A 4-4-2 pressing tactic was a good idea. The problem is, I think I played my card a week earlier. I would have liked to tricked the WVU over the mages... I dunno what I'll do against him. I may go for the tie and get into a defensive 5-4-1 shell with all defensive wingers and middies and hope for a SP goal. Thing is, if I get a GA, I'm screwed. He's got a decent attack...

So I need to really think about this. Another problem is, one of my trainees is still injured. He's excellent passing with passable defending. He really boosts that CA... So, I dunno.

Thanks for the props though. You are obviously doing the right things gargs... keep going (but focus on killing redskins first!). I need to beat you at the end of the season though... 7 games is plenty.
My Pro Soccer Story

Last edited by lytic : 12-08-2003 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:44 PM   #73
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Posted twice... hmmm...
My Pro Soccer Story

Last edited by lytic : 12-08-2003 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:16 PM   #74
Raven Hawk
College Starter

I may have killed the redskins already. I found it peculiar that there was a Div IV team named L_REDSKINS and a Div III team named lamar red skins. I decided to check it out. After seeing that they have both logged in from the same server at the exact same time . . . I felt that I had to report it. If it is a duplicate team, they were very smart about it and never traded with each other. I haven't checked to see if they've logged in since I reported them. For all I know they could be related to each other and have GM approval.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:21 PM   #75
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Dola,

Just checked. Redskins hasn't logged in since being reported.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:41 PM   #76
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Do me a favor (more so for frogman)... post my ratings until further notice. I'm at work and can't log into HT right now.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 12-08-2003, 05:09 PM   #77
Raven Hawk
College Starter

No problem.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:12 PM   #78
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

I win.. beat you to it =)
Old 12-08-2003, 06:10 PM   #79
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Yeah, but I posted that I did it first. :P
Old 12-10-2003, 10:35 AM   #80
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Any thoughts on this weeks game? What do you think is my best way to attack Mr Cocky?
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 12-10-2003, 07:59 PM   #81
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Gargs got a taste of their own medicine this week. We lost at home while putting up a better rating than our opponent. It's OK, though. I got my goal of 1 home Cup game and POE after that game.

As far as attacking Mr Cocky, I think that you are best set up to do it. I bet that he's too cocky to pull his AOW strategy, so I'd come at him with the 5-3-2, moving a CD toward each wing. Your keeper will help out in the middle. Then go ahead and CA his ass.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:15 AM   #82
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I put my best defenders on the wing. Sadly, my solid defender/excellent passer is still injured. So I'm moving Yuri to defense... he's a solid defender/solid passer (w/solid PM). So my CA my be lower...
Per is now a formidable defender with excellent passing.

Now see I know that he knows that I usually like to attack the middle, so I was gonna exploit that.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 12-14-2003, 08:19 PM   #83
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

A scorching day at Fockers Arena (uhh.. I was here and it snowed/rained all day), where 24585 spectators were in place for today´s match. Fockers tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Paulusz - Läfvengård, Oerlemans, Gnaegi - Snashall, Leone, Lindhell, Müller, Kaplan - Bulygin, Schreuder.

Huligans tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Barnett - Mayes, Zelazny, Dina, Bradley - Foster, Olsson, Gottman, Chocano Díaz - Högblom, Frederick.

After 2 minutes Huligans put themselves up by 0 - 1 as Karl Gottman finished off a strike from the left with a real cannon placed at the far post. 14 minutes into the game Danny Schreuder was really close to evening the score out with a dangerous long range shot, but the ball went just wide of the bar. After 23 minutes of play Danny Schreuder equalised for Fockers after an elegant attack from the right. Almost all the way down to the corner flag Davis Kaplan somehow managed to get a perfect pass into the middle, impossible to miss for Danny Schreuder who struck for 2 - 1. After an industrious effort down the middle Laurence Gnaegi could have closed the game off in the 39:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 1. Fockers held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

Fockers put themselves up 3 - 1 when Per Lindhell broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. In the 48:th minute Huliganss Blair Bradley received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. A well placed corner kick from Klas Olsson was followed by Lance Mayes´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for Huligans. The result now 3-2. In the 78:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Hans Herbert Müller dashed through, knocking home 4 - 2 for Fockers. In the 85:th minute Fockers´s Laurence Gnaegi tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net. 87 minutes into the game Per Lindhell had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Chang Yao. Fockers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 58 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Fockers player was without a doubt Hans Herbert Müller. However, Danny Schreuder made a disastrous appearance. Huligans´s best player was Karl Gottman. Blair Bradley on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 2.

Fockers
Midfield: magnificent
Right Side Defence: world class
Central Defence: world class
Left Side Defence: world class
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: passable

The Mad Huligans
Midfield: excellent
Central Defence: magnificent
Left Side Defence: brilliant
Right Side Attack: brilliant
Left Side Attack: weak

4-2 Win.. Normal.. I was hoping for magnificent midfield today so I was happy to see that. I was unhappy to see Per injured AGAIN.. 2nd week in a row. 95 Rating.. I might make the top 10! It would be nice to secure a spot in the division so that I could MOTS AAC or Mountain 2nd half of the season.

I am gonna try a 3-4-3 tactic this wednesday with 3 middies.. and a TM attack.. with hopes of being a little less readable. Unless my middie somehow recovers I'll most likely press and PIC vs Mountain.

Any other ideas of what I can do vs him? Btw congrats lytic on the tie. I watched all the games and he had a buncha chances towards the end of the game. Okay maybe not a bunch, but a few.

Last edited by Hobbes- : 12-14-2003 at 08:20 PM.
Hobbes- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 08:23 PM   #84
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

btw gargs.. lytic.. i posted your ratings for yah
Old 12-14-2003, 08:48 PM   #85
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Wow! Those are some pretty ratings, Hobbes. Now get some offense, ya basta'd

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 09:34 AM   #86
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Focks + Cows = 0-0 tie

DON'T PIC Mountain! Let's let Mr Cocky finish in the bottom 4...
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 12-15-2003, 09:43 AM   #87
Alf
Pro Starter

Guys, check the hattrick forum, BlueMage of IV.19 as joined FOFC boards . Mad Hulligans !
Old 12-15-2003, 09:58 AM   #88
BlueMage
Mascot

what's up all? Thought I'd take a little trip on by before you all boot me out of IV.

you could through me in at the top if you want too,

Huligans -- Keeper training
Destined to stay in IV.19, or are they? (V is calling)
BlueMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:06 AM   #89
Alf
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by lytic

The Mad Huligans- Offense- well balanced, strong, hard to defend. Grade- B+ Defense- Again well balanced but not as strong as the offense. Grade- B- Midfield- One of the weaker mids in the series but not a slouch by any means still pulls solid and excellent consistently. Grade- B Overall- one of the most well balanced teams in the league and very hard to prepare for. The training is keeper which will boost his defense all year but his trainees are young therefore I do not see him selling them any time soon (except the abundance of them he is selling now). Experience-inadequate. Team that beat me two seasons ago to send me to my Division V he!!ho!e. Grade- B

Preseason Prediction for Standings

1. The Mad Huligans
2. Evillive
3. Mountaineer Soccer Club
4. Arsenal A.C.
5. Fockers
6. Greg’s Guys
7. Gargoyles
8. South Park Cows

BlueMage, seems lytic was high on your team at the beginning of the season !
Old 12-15-2003, 10:57 AM   #90
BlueMage
Mascot

Yeah, he's hit my ht mailbox pretty hard. I've made bad move after bad move this season. I sold some guys I should've hung on to and now I'm in a big hole. Once upon a time I thought SPC was hopeless.. jk

This series just gets tougher and tougher. I thought'd we'd get a break this year and instead we've got better teams than last season. I'm pretty sure I'll be packing it in this season and demote. I'd hate to, b/c I have much more fun being in this seires as active as it is.

bluey
Old 12-15-2003, 12:01 PM   #91
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Hey Bluey!

Welcome to FOFC! Yeah, I love this series. I'm never going to leave! Unfortunately that is not by choice.

You've caught some tough breaks this year, my friend. We don't want to lose you! And you're still only 2 games out of a qualifier.
Old 12-15-2003, 12:48 PM   #92
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

Aight.. what do I do to beat Jamba's brother...?! And no i'm not MOTS'ing for sure..

He always attacks on the wings.. so make sure my defenders are there.. which they are.. still my problem i have an outstanding middie injured for +2 and it looks like I'll be playing a high solid middie instead with ass stamina.. I might hafta gun for him in week 9.

BTW.. welcome hulis!!! it's great to have you here.. operation get greg and evil demoted? any takers? greg is a dumbass.. he mots'd vs me and is now getting torn up by everyone. I swear he almost talks as much shit as mountain.. wtf happened.. we got all assholes this season.

lol last year hulis we all ganged kix haha so wrong..
Old 12-15-2003, 12:51 PM   #93
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

btw alf.. those were Mountains thoughts (i think) on our series conference.. all I remember is thinking it was an ass posting..
Old 12-15-2003, 01:44 PM   #94
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, I wouldn't predict myself last. I always go for 5th.

I did pick Hulis to win it all though... go figure.

So anyway, about damn time you showed up!!!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 12-15-2003, 01:49 PM   #95
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by lytic
My predictions... and I guess that is it.

By: lytic
To: Everyone 625169.23 as reply to 625169.20
11/14/2003 at 06:29
Real tough this year (like last year)...

1. Mad Huligans
Taking another look at this team, they are the most improved (again).

2. Arsenal A.C.
Strong defense... but defense isn't everything. (I know first hand)

3. Mountaineer Soccer
All around tough team... much improved from a season in Div V.

4. Gargoyles
Always a step above...

5. SouthPark Cows
I like 5th.

6. Fockers
They like 5th too.

7. greg's guys
Smart offseason moves, could move up... but I had to put someone in auto-demote.

8. EvillivE
I had them #1 last season... they don't seem to be building as fast as they once were. Who knows? I never underestimate this team.

Here were *my* thoughts...
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 12-15-2003, 02:31 PM   #96
BlueMage
Mascot

Ok, I'm on board to derail greg and evil. I haven't like that evil guy since the beginning, what with those evil eyebrows and evil walk, and the evil cupcakes he serves in his evil club box.. grr!
Old 12-16-2003, 08:18 AM   #97
lytic
College Benchwarmer

he's an evil palindrome
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 12-16-2003, 10:21 AM   #98
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

sounds like plan to me! I will PIC mountain (yah I know I wanna beat him too but I can't beat everyone) next week to get POE for my double header against Evil so I can take him out both games..

then I can focus on beating greg.. and maybe I'll PIC hulis if my situation is fine at that time and challenge mountain..

we'll see
Old 12-16-2003, 12:41 PM   #99
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Mountain's attack isn't great... go for the tie.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 12-16-2003, 01:10 PM   #100
BlueMage
Mascot

you are a specialist in ties, no?