Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-06-2004, 06:07 AM   #1
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC Golf Tour - Bay Hill Invitational

Bay Hill Invitational - Bay Hill Country Club

Bay Hill is a long course, with the tournament playing about 7300 yards. The fairways are wide open which will benefit the long drivers who may not have the best accuracy. This course is also a true risk/reward layout. Numerous options are available to go at the pen, but numerous bunkers around the green and a good number of hole with water hazzards could make that strategy backfire (especially the bunkers with this group )

Hole 1 - 441 yard - Par 4 - A tough opening hole - in fact it's the second toughest on the course. Dog leg left with fairway bunkers to the right so don't hit it through the fairway. The green is tightly bunkered on all sides making it almost an island green.

Hole 2 - 218 yard - Par 3 - 3 Huge bunkers surround this green.

Hole 3 - 395 yard - Par 4 - The bigdanger is a hooked drive will find the lake on the left.

Hole 4 - 530 yard - Par 5 - The easist hole on the front. Again a lake along the right. This one encroaches into the fairway in a couple of places making controling distances vital.

Hole 5 - 384 yard - Par 4 - Another heavily bunkered green.

Hole 6 - 558 yard - Par 5 - Dog Leg right - water right (sound familer). The more your willing to go out over the water on the tee ball - the shorter the second shot is into the green - big risk reward hole.

Hole 7 - 197 yard - Par 3 - The shortest hole on the course, and a heavily bunkered green.

Hole 8 - 459 yard - Par 4 - The toughest hole on the course. Small green (for Bay Hill anyway), surrounded on 3 sides by bunkers and water on the 4th (bet on the pin being close to the water on Sunday).

Hole 9 - 467 yard - Par 4 - Not much easier than the preceeding hole, but the open fairway allows for players to go for more off the tee.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hole 10 - 400 yard - Par 4 - slight dog leg left.

Hole 11 - 438 yard - Par 4 - Water along the left and boardering the green with bunkers on the opposite side.

Hole 12 - 580 yard - Par 5 - Longest hole on the course, but straight ahead with not much trouble other than greenside bunkers.

Hole 13 - 364 yard - Par 4 - Pretty short par 4, but water fronting the green makes it anything but a gimmie birdie. Better his a good approach here.

Hole 14 - 206 yard - Par 3 - Big bunkers left and right just short of the green, they look nice, but shouldn't come into play. A big bunker behind the green could come into play if the tee ball it hot or long.

Hole 15 - 425 yard - Par 4 - Dog leg right - green surrounded by bunkers.

Hole 16 - 517 yard - Par 5 - The easiest hole on the course. Water on both sides of the fairway as you approach the green. A small creek between the two cuts right in front of the green. Can be reached in two, but come up short or off line and your dropping with a penalty.

Hole 17 - 219 yard - Par 3 - Water in front on the right and behind. Oh yeah...and bunkers to the left.

Hole 18 - 441 yard - Par 4 - Water on the right by the green, bunkers to the left, open fairway favors the big hitters. Great finishing hole.

Last edited by Breeze : 01-06-2004 at 06:57 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 06:28 AM   #2
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Gentlemen,

Begin posting style of play:

I have styles from:

Gonzalez
Herd

Last edited by Breeze : 01-06-2004 at 06:29 AM.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:29 AM   #3
MrBug708
Head Coach

Aggressive
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 06:39 AM   #4
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Don't forget to post:

Golfer name - Style of play

I have it written down, but is saves me from looking it up.

Last edited by Breeze : 01-06-2004 at 06:56 AM.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:48 AM   #5
MrBug708
Head Coach

Kyle Kappe - Aggresive

C'mon Breeze, it's only 445 in the morning. How much time could it possibly take...lol
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 06:55 AM   #6
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I'd have gotten yours....but I didn't want to do it for everyone else.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:17 AM   #7
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Lots of long distance holes: Goooooooooood

Lots of sand: Baaaaaaaaaaad

I expect a lot of moist and sandy golf balls from 3-putt.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 07:19 AM   #8
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Fad Braxton will play ultra-aggressive, at least in spirit.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 08:14 AM   #9
dolfin
High School JV

Kevin Wayne likes to be called Mr. Aggressive
dolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 09:27 AM   #10
Travis
Pro Rookie

Rolin Bywater will play at a normal level, hoping to avoid any more +1,000 rounds.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:35 AM   #11
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Jimmy Fujita: Aggressive
Old 01-06-2004, 10:01 AM   #12
Blade
College Prospect

Mike Tokunaga: Normal

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 10:13 AM   #13
Blade6119
Coordinator

Colton Mayes: Normal
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 10:43 AM   #14
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Alan Kelmay: normal
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 12:49 PM   #15
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I think Mr Nielsen will choose from his options of Aggressive, Aggressive, and Aggressive, and choose...Aggressive.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 01:27 PM   #16
TLK
Pro Starter

Boroniec- normal
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 01:39 PM   #17
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Smith - Conservative
Old 01-06-2004, 07:01 PM   #18
vtbub
College Starter

Juckett- normal

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 07:03 PM   #19
JeffNights
College Prospect

Nights-conservative
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 09:45 PM   #20
FargoFreez aka fof playa
Banned

Michael Weideman - Neutral
FargoFreez aka fof playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 10:54 PM   #21
Craptacular
College Starter

It's Craptacular - normal
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 06:25 AM   #22
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Bay Hill Invitational - Round 1

Group 1

Marshall Herd - A great iron shot at number 2 placed Herd only 8 feet from the cup and the easy putt was made for birdie. However, the stroke gained at 2 was lost at 3 when he failed to get up and down from the fringe. Got a bird again at 4 and another at 6 but gave one of the strokes back at 7 when he 3 putted. Front 9 Score 35 - (- 1)

David Gonzalez - David started out extremely cold. He nearly doubled number 1 when his drive found the fairway bunkers, second shot greenside bunker, blasted out through the green, a poor chip back left him a tough 11 footer for bogey, which he made. Then he followed the bogey at 1 with another at 2. However, Gonzalez regained his focus to go birdie: birdie and get back to even par. He also birdied 6 when he decided to go for the green in two, made it, but could only manage a 2 putt. Front 9 Score 35 - (- 1)

Kyle Kappe III - Par, Par, Par...you getting the idea. On the par 5 6th - Kappe hit a big drive (ok not Gonzalez big, but big for Kappe) and he decided to go for the green in two. Unfortunately, he pulled the ball off the lie and it ended up in the water left of the green. He took his drop chipped up and 2 putted for bogey. Then he finished the front with 2 pars. Front 9 Score 37 - (+1)
Old 01-07-2004, 07:15 AM   #23
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 2

Brian "Putting Butcher" Babson - Birdies number 1, mostly because his drive was around 350 yards and he was left with a wedge into the green. On two his 5 iron ended up in a trap, then the first trap shot hit the lip and rolled back in. The second time Babson managed to get the ball out of the trap, but it was no where near the pen and he was lucky to two put (double bogey). Babson gets back to even par with a birdie at number 3. He reaches number 6 in two and 2 putts for birdie. He also gets a birdie at 8. Front 9 Score 34 - (-2)

Fad Braxton Last week at Pebble a slow start on his first 9 basically kept him from playing on the weeked. The tourney he starts out by hitting the ball in the fairway bunkers to the right. Clips the lip with his 5 iron approach shot, which kicks the ball up in the air and he only manages to get about 70 yards and the ball remains in the rough. Shot three catches a flyer with takes the spin off the ball - the ball hits the green - rolls through and ends up in the back bunker, a blast out and 2 putts later Braxton has started the round with a double bogey 6. Number 2 is only slightly better. The tee ball misses the green and Braxton isn't the best with a short game, but he does manage to get a bogey. Braxton then settles down and birdies 4, and a 15 foot putt on 7 is also for bird. However, a ball in the greenside bunker on 8 ends up giving Braxton another bogey. Front 9 Score 38 - (+2)

Kevin Wayne - Wayne misses a 9 foot par putt at 2, but gets his stroke back at 3 by making a putt of equal distance. The rest of the front nine is played to par. Front 9 Score 36- (EVEN)
Old 01-07-2004, 07:22 AM   #24
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I just want to take this moment to point out how pleased I am to be leading, since it will probably last only until Breeze posts again. Putting Butcher, that's probably even more appropriate Breeze, nice.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:41 PM   #25
kingfc22
Head Coach

After the 1st two groups, it looks like Bay Hill might not give up many low scores. Only time will tell of course.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:21 PM   #26
tucker342
Pro Starter

If it's not to late:

AJ Tucker- conservative
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 07:01 AM   #27
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 3

Rolin Bywater - Rolin shot a million at Pebble Beach, and was looking for a hot start here at Bay Hill to take some pressure off. He got it...Birdied number 1 and 2 with solid play on all shots. A great chip at 3 saves par. At number 4, probably the easiest hole on the course, Rolin killed his drive...not thinking he would reach the water, but he did and he ended up scrambling for a bogey. However, he managed to sink a 14 footer on the next par 5 for birdie then followed that up by getting back to back birds on the tough 8th and 9th holes. Front 9 Score 32 - (-4)

Jimmy Fuijita - Jimmy didn't start out as hot as his playing partner Bywater, but it didn't take long for him to heat up. On number 3 he birdied, made a 12 foot putt on 4 for birdie, got another on 5 for 3 in a row. Another great putt on 7 gave him his 4th bird to no bogeys on the front. Front 9 Score 32 - (-4)

Mike Tokunaga - Mike was no where near his playing partners on the front, but most people weren't. Mike started with a par, but missed a 12 footer on 2 and settled for bogey. He got his stroke back on 4, and made a tough put on 7 to save par. Then he sunk a 20 footer on 9 to finish the front 1 under.
Front 9 Score 35 - (-1)

Last edited by Breeze : 01-08-2004 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:17 AM   #28
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 4

Colton Mayes - Mays starts off the front 9 with a routeen par. Then his putter gets extremely hot. Sinks an 11 footer on 2 for birdie, a 14 footer on 3 for birdie, nearly makes a 30 footer for eagle on 4, a 20+ footer on 5 for birdie. Number 6 the iron approach was only about 3 feet way - another bird. The putt at 7 was made from 12 feet for birdie. That was 6 straight birds. On 8 he makes another putt - this one from 17 feet - but this was following a bad chip and it save his par.
Front 9 Score 30 - (-6)

Alan Kelmay - Pars the first 4 holes, birdies 5 with a great putt, but on number 6 he decides to go way out over the water to shorten the hole, but he doesn't reach land. Because his ball basically travelled entirely over water he was best off reteeing. Knowing he couldn't afford to do it again he didn't cut the corner as short, got his drive in play and eventually missed a 12 footer for bogey (double). A great iron on 7 finishes 8 inches from the hole and gets one of the strokes back. On 8 Kelmays approach was left right and ended up in the bunker. Despite the fact Kelmay is actually one of the best sand players on the tour - he still isn't very good. His blast out is skulled and the ball rolls over the green and into the water on the opposite side. He manages to double the hole. Front 9 Score 38 - (+2)

Rob Nielsen - Bogey's 3 when his approach shot is a long way from the pin and he 3 putts. Bogeys 5 when he can't get up and down from the trap, bogeys 8 when he can't get up and down from the trap. Front 9 Score 39 - (+3)

Last edited by Breeze : 01-08-2004 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:25 AM   #29
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 5

Kevin Boroniec - Another player hoping to get a hot start so he doesn't have to sweat making the cut. A 3 putt green at number 1 is a bad way to start if your looking to get off early. He does get the stroke back on two with a 4 iron off the tee to within 5 feet. Goes under par at 6 when he reaches it in 2 and 2 putts, but he gives the stroke back on 9. Front 9 Score 36 - (EVEN)

Ron Juckett - Pars the first 5 holes, pretty much without any dramatics - no shots at bird no real risks of bogey. Birdies 6 when the 70 yard 3rd shot lob wedge landed 8 feet from the pin and stuck. The tee ball at 7 was a high 4 iron that landed 15 feet way and back up to within 11 feet. The tricky putt was made and Juckett had back to back birds. Number 8 proved fatal to his front 9 score however. His tee ball was in the rough with a difficult lie. His second shot was yanked left out of the thick stuff and the ball ended up in the water. He had to settle for a double bogey 6. Number 9 was also bogeyed this time due to 3 putts. Front 9 Score : 37 (+1)

Kyle Smith - Pars the first 4 holes then birdies 5. Pars 6, but birds again at 7. No bogey's on the front. Front 9 Score 34 - (-2)

Last edited by Breeze : 01-08-2004 at 07:26 AM.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:47 AM   #30
Travis
Pro Rookie

Hey, what am I doing under par? Better shape up on the back 9 or I'll be as inconsistent at golf as I am as a Nascar driver.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:06 AM   #31
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Dang, -6? Heck of a start for Colton Mayes.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:27 AM   #32
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Breeze
[b]Group 4

Colton Mayes - Mays starts off the front 9 with a routeen par. Then his putter gets extremely hot. Sinks an 11 footer on 2 for birdie, a 14 footer on 3 for birdie, nearly makes a 30 footer for eagle on 4, a 20+ footer on 5 for birdie. Number 6 the iron approach was only about 3 feet way - another bird. The putt at 7 was made from 12 feet for birdie. That was 6 straight birds. On 8 he makes another putt - this one from 17 feet - but this was following a bad chip and it save his par.
Front 9 Score 30 - (-6)

Hell yah! That is one hell of a start, especially considering i was nowhere near even making the cut last time! I think ive picked for now whether i like normal or aggresive more after this start.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:16 AM   #33
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I was hoping to get round 1 completed today....but there are still a few players who haven't sent in a style of play.

Bradley Nowell
Shane Kormelink
Sterling Silvers

Please get these in as soon as possible. If I don't here from you today...I will choose your lower risk style and play the round.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:54 AM   #34
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 6

AJ Tucker - A great birdie putt from around 20 gets Tuck off to a good start. Then an iron shot on off the tee on the par 3 7th set up another bird. No bogey's were scored on the front and Tucker was never really in any risk of getting a bogey. Front 9 Score: 34 (-2)

TE Almighty - The runner up at Pebble hoping to keep his good play going starts off making a 14 foot putt for bird on the first hole, but he misses a par putt from about 9 feet on the second. The 6th hole is birdied when he nearly reaches it in two and gets up and down. The 7th is also birdied. Front 9 Score: 34 (-2)

Stan Gunner - The winner at Pebble's hopes of a back to back were severly hampered on the first hole. The drive off the tee found the lip of the bunker on the right of the fairway. Because the ball was so close to the lip - Gunner couldn't follow through on his swing, so he was forced to get the ball back into the fairway without advancing it much. The 3rd shot came up short of the green and ended up in a greenside bunker. The blast out was ordinary and 3 putts later Gunner had the first triple bogey of the season. On 4 Gunner gets one back, but a ball in the greenside bunker on 5 prevents him from keeping that stroke. The bunker was again his nemisis on 8. Front 9 Score: 40 (+4)

Last edited by Breeze : 01-09-2004 at 05:54 AM.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:10 AM   #35
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 7

Duncan Baxter - Baxter looked textbook on the front. Playing fairways, middle of greens and 2 putts. His conservative play was finally rewarded on 6 when his 115 yard 3rd shot was cozey and he tapped in for birdie. Front 9 Score: 35 (-1)

Jeff Nights - Nights started off this tourney by hitting the ball in the bunker, then his second shot out of the trap rolled through the green. It didn't end up in the bunker behind the green, but in the thick grass on the lip. With no stance and a difficult time getting the club to the ball Nights chip was less than spectacular and eventually led to a 3 putt double bogey. The next hole was only slightly better. The tee ball missed the green and he didn't get up and down. The 3rd hole was also a disappointing bogey. He did birdie the 4th, but then bogeyed the 5th. The 6th hole was his first par of the day. Number 7 was birdied when his trickly 14 footer down hill was sunk. On 9 nights was faced with a double braking putt from 17 feet to save par. After looking at it from all angles he decided an aggressive run was in order. The ball hit the back of the hole and dropped in. Had it lipped out Nights would have been left with probably a 5+ footer coming back. Front 9 Score: 39 (+3)

Michael Weideman - A great drive on 3, perfectly possitioned Michael to make an aggressive play at the flag, but his second shot was left right and he ended up about 31 feet from the pin and had to settle for 2 putts. A great put at 7 gave him a birdie, but he missed a side hill 7 footer with about a 6 in break on 8 for bogey. Front 9 Score: 36 (EVEN)

Its Craptacular - Last week Its played very solid, but there were too many low scores for him to make the cut. This week he starts off with a par, but bogeys number 2 on a 3 putt from better than 30 feet. He gets his sroke back on 3, then sinks a slippery 9 footer on 4 to save par. A lazer beem iron finished about 8 inches from the pen in 5, and another iron on the par 3 7th was within 6 feet. A bad bunker shot on 8 led to a bogey however. Front 9 Score: 35 (-1)

Last edited by Breeze : 01-09-2004 at 06:10 AM.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:52 AM   #36
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I hate making everyone wait for the 3 players that haven't sent in a style of play. If you would like, I can post back 9's for the rest of you. Let me know if you want to wait or proceed.

Regards,
Breeze
Old 01-09-2004, 08:51 AM   #37
Blade6119
Coordinator

its up to you oh mighty golf god
Demotivation
Old 01-09-2004, 08:58 AM   #38
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Back 9! Back 9! Back 9!
Old 01-09-2004, 09:05 AM   #39
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Post it up Breeze.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:33 AM   #40
Blade
College Prospect

I agree! Post it!!!

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 10:05 AM   #41
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 1 - Back 9

Marshall Herd - (-1)
Herd's back 9 starts off great with a bird on 10. On 15 he scrapes it around and chips up to give himself a 9 footer for par, but the putt is missed and he drops a stroke. On 16 he reaches the green in two, but can't make an Eagle putt and has to settle for bird. The par 3 17th catches him by surprise. His tee ball misses the green, the chip up is within 10 feet, but the par putt is missed and he bogeys. 35:36 - (-1)

David Gonzalez - (-1)
2 pars after the turn, then a birdie on 12 thanks to a great drive with set him up to go for the green in two. His rolled up just short, and easy pitch and putt gave him birdie. The rest of the 9 was parred until 18, where he drove the ball in the rough and couldn't make a good approach shot, then didn't get up and down from the fringe.
35:36 - (-1)

Kyle Kappe III - (+1)
Kappe was hoping to get hot on the back, but he just couldn't get anything rolling. His first real birdie chance occured at 13, but the 13 footer was missed and he settled for par. On 15 he had to make a great chip and putt to save par. The rest of the 9 was uneventful. 37:36 - (+1)
Old 01-09-2004, 11:43 AM   #42
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 2 - Back 9

Brian "Putting Butcher" Babson - (-2)
Consistency isn't a term used frequently to discribe Babson, but the back was pretty dull. Pars all the way - until 18 when he distroyed a drive and had a short approach, which he managed to tuck in around the green. The 4 footer was made for birdie and a back 9 of 1 under. 34:35 - (-3)

Fad Braxton - (+2)
The 13th hole yielded a birdie when a 22 foot putt was made, but the next 2 holes were a different story. The tee ball on 14 hit hard on the green and rolled through to the back bunker. A terrible sand shot and 3 putts gave Braxton a 5 on the par 3. The next hole was also bogeyed. 38:38 - (+4)

Kevin Wayne - (EVEN)
Birdies number 10 when the 2nd shot 9 iron backed to within 6 feet. 11 is parred, but 12 is birdied when an 11 foot putt was dropped. Another putt - this one from 19 feet was made on 13 for birdie, and a great chip on 15 saves par. Number 17 the ball ends up in the left bunker and Wayne settles for bogey. On 18 the tee ball was big, but the second shot found the water right of the green. Drop, chip up and 2 putt for double bogey 6 and a backside score of 36. 36:36 - (EVEN)
Old 01-09-2004, 11:48 AM   #43
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Dull?!!?!??!?! I hope to never hear that again. I either want incredible or frightful.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:02 PM   #44
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 3 - Back 9

Rolin Bywater - (-4)
The first two holes on the back are pars and Rolin really never threatened to get bird, but the par 5 12th is birdied when the 70 yard 3rd shot into the green finished only 4 feet from the pin. The next 3 are parred and it appears Bywater's hot streak has slowed down. The par 5 16th hole is played like the 12, only the approach isn't quite as good - this time it stops 8 feet, but the putt is made and Bywater goes a stroke lower. The Par 3 17th tee ball is faded in and hits only 6 feet from the green, but it doesn't stop rolling until it's 12 feet from the hole. Bywater's putt slips in the side and he has consecutive birdies. The 18th is played beautifully and he gets his 3 straight birdie to close out the back.
32:32 - (-8)

Jimmy Fuijita - (-4)
Jimmy matched Rolin's incredible play on the front, and was hoping to do the same on the back. Two pars to start off the side are followed by two birdies. Number 12 goe in 3 strokes thanks to a 17 foot putt, number 13 goes in 3 strokes thanks to an iron approach to within 7 feet. Number 16 is birdied, number 17 is a par thanks to a nifty up and down, and number 18 is also birdied - meaning Fuijita didn't just match Bywater he beat him for the day. 32:31 - (-9)

Mike Tokunaga - (-1)
Bogey at 13 and a birdie at 16 offset each other and the back 9 is played to even par. 35:36 - (-1)

Last edited by Breeze : 01-09-2004 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:35 PM   #45
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 4 - Back 9

Colton Mayes - (-6)
Mayes shot an incredible 30 on the front, with 6 straight birdies. The backside starts with a birdie at 10 when once again his putter proves magical. Another birdie is scored on 12 when his 100 yard 3rd shot into the green was close to the pin. The putter saves him a stroke on 13 then the iron approach on 14 gives him is 3rd birdie on the back. The par 5 16th is also birdied. and his 30 frontside score is followed by an impressive 32. 30:32 (-10)

Alan Kelmay - (+2)
Kelmay needing to get below par on the back to give himself a chance to make the cut, gets a birdie at number 10 thanks to an iron that putt him 8 feet below the hole. He hits another nice iron at 13 for birdie and closes the back with 3 putts on 18 from 24 feet for bogey. 38:35 (+1)

Rob Nielsen - (+3)
Last tourney when Rob got off to a slow start he rebounded well and had a shot to make the cut. This time he missed a 6 foot birdie putt on 10, then he made an 11 footer for birdie. He missed a makeable 14 footer for bird on 12, then got a 9 footer to save par on 13. Things then seemed to settle down until 18 - where a perfectly placed drive and a nice iron approach were followed by a 13 foot putt for birdie. 39:34 - (+1)

Last edited by Breeze : 01-09-2004 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:37 PM   #46
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Fujita!!! w00t! what a round! let's carry the momentum for tomorrow!

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 01-09-2004 at 12:37 PM.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 12:49 PM   #47
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Braxton: $&*#!
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 12:54 PM   #48
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 5 - Back 9

Kevin Boroniec - (EVEN)
No birdies and no bogeys on the back, 36:36 - (EVEN)

Kyle Smith - (-2)
Number 12 is reached in 2 and 2 putted for birdie. The iron off the tee at 14 lands soft and gives Smith a run at the hole from 17 feet. The putt is a right to left breaker and he reads it perfectly, Number 18 is also birdied to close the round. 34:33 - (-5)

Ron Juckett - (+1)
Needing to get a birdie on the back to finish even par, Juckett managed just that....1 birdie. This one came on 16 and was his only real chance for the back. 37:35 - (EVEN)

Last edited by Breeze : 01-09-2004 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:08 PM   #49
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Maybe a silly question but are there different weather conditions that happen for each round? I seem to remember you saying something about the wnids at Pebble Beach, but I didn't know if that was just for color.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:13 PM   #50
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 6 - Back 9

AJ Tucker - (-2)
Tuckers 2 birdie no bogey performance on the front is echoed on the back. Birdies occur on the par 3s (14 and 17). Both times great putts were made. A great putt was also made on number 13 to save par. 34:34 (-4)

TE Almighty - (-2)
Pars 10 thru 14. Number 15 stars off great with a solid drive down the middle. The approach to the green is good but not outstanding. The putt is from 18 feet and is a big breaker, but the speed is perfect and the line is well read, giving him is first birdie on the back. Number 16 is played textbook and number 17 is birdied with another great putt. 34:33 (-5)

Stan Gunner - (+4)
Gunner, already a champion in 2004, needed to show his mettle on the back if he was to have any hope of making the cut. Pars at the first 4 holes and things are looking bleak. But a great putt bird at 14 seemed to wake him up. (maybe from too much partying with his new found $$$$ ). Birdies 15, follows with a birdie at 16 and another at 18 closing with 4 birds in 5 holes and announcing that he may still be around on Saturday. 40:32 - (EVEN)