Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-25-2004, 08:15 AM   #151
Poli
FOFC Survivor

My bad. I'll change it.

Really though, who cares about Kentucky? They're starting a redshirt freshman QB and two walkons at WR in the run and shoot. Not to mention the best player on the team...a stellar receiver (wish I had him) is out for the game due to injury as well.

The suckage will be blue and it will be in Lexington.

Last edited by Poli : 01-25-2004 at 08:21 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 08:18 AM   #152
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
You forget, over in West Tenn we do not care.

I can not under, any circumstances, root for UT. Sorry.

I've lived over that way before...and I've seen a whole lot of orange. It wasn't hunting season either.

Come on, root for the walk on.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:03 AM   #153
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thursday's paper

Wanted: A Conventional Offense

John Adams, Knoxville News Sentinel

Very little number crunching, even just a casual look, will tell you that the Tennessee offense is down this year. That was expected with the quarterback fiasco that has played itself out. What’s unfortunate about the whole matter is that other Tennessee players have to pay for it.

UT’s coaching staff decided to simplify the offense. That’s fine in most regards, since you do have walk on quarterbacks taking snaps for you…but it isn’t helping everyone. Receiving and rushing numbers are down across the board for the team.

Perhaps the player hurt most of all by this is J.B. Brewster. The running back from Cumberland, Rhode Island, returned to UT for his senior year with nothing left to prove at the college level. A two time Heisman trophy winner; Brewster has to date 6,593 rushing yards, and there are still at least seven games left this season. Clearly, he would have been a top choice in the latest NFL draft, if not the first choice overall.

Brewster wanted a national championship. Tennessee has knocked on the door twice in the past three seasons, but hasn’t got in. Brewster wanted to cap his collegiate career by standing on top of the college world.

He couldn’t have seen the problems that would be coming. No one could. In fact, it may make Brewster’s attempt to make Tennessee a national champion that much sweeter if he can carry the load.

Problem is, Brewster isn’t carrying it.

Brewster is getting the ball. However, with defenses routinely stacking eight men in the box against the offense, Brewster’s yards per game is down by 50 yards a game and his carries are up. He has just three touchdowns in four games. His longest run from scrimmage this year is 21 yards.

Maybe we’re just spoiled. Maybe we shouldn’t expect over 2,000 yards out of one player in a season, but Brewster did that last season, in a conventional offense.

Old 01-25-2004, 10:05 AM   #154
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Is lynching legal against journalists?
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:10 AM   #155
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
Is lynching legal against journalists?

Not legal, but generally encouraged.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:16 AM   #156
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The lineup remains the same with no injuries for the offense. Bart Serra's injury opens up a spot at corner and at returner, however.

Marc Billmaier will take over as the top punt and kick returner. In an effort to get J.B. Brewster the ball he becomes second choice returner.

Serra's injury would really hurt if Kentucky's run and shoot offense was formidable. Thankfully, it's not.

Rain and cool temperatures are expected Saturday in Lexington. The game will be shown locally, but heard nationally and internationally on FOFC radio.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:17 AM   #157
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Not legal, but generally encouraged.

Excellent.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:20 AM   #158
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I forgot to post stats from the MSU game. It'll be up in a minute. Then we'll move on to the Kentucky game.

Way to be, Illinifan!
Old 01-25-2004, 10:26 AM   #159
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Game stats:
Code:
Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 48 Brewster 35 121 3.4 18 0 15 AE 8 19 2.3 11 0 8 Castleberry 2 24 12.0 22 0 49 Mason 2 30 15.0 25 1 82 Everett 1 -3 -3.0 -3 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int 15 AE 28 15 164 5.8 19 1 2 6 Schneider 1 1 18 18.0 18 1 0 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 48 Brewster 4 44 11.0 9 13 1 95 Witt 3 30 10.0 10 10 0 8 Castleberry 3 41 13.6 34 18 1 43 Prescott 2 19 9.5 13 10 0 49 Mason 2 20 10.0 18 15 0 32 Jordan 1 9 9.0 4 9 0 82 Everett 1 19 19.0 7 19 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 2 Wheeler 4 148 37.0 46 4
Old 01-25-2004, 10:29 AM   #160
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

What the hell is that 5.8 yds attempt? Shoop your offensive coordinator? :P
Old 01-25-2004, 10:37 AM   #161
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
What the hell is that 5.8 yds attempt? Shoop your offensive coordinator? :P

Quite possibly. I haven't given him a name yet.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:44 AM   #162
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Season stats through four games:
Code:
Player Pos Team GP GS Att Cmp Pct Yards Avg Lg TD Int Sck Yards Rating AE QB TENN 4 4 77 53 68.8 608 7.89 29 8 2 2 11 164.1 Schroeder, Terry QB TENN 1 0 10 6 60.0 83 8.30 24 1 0 2 10 162.7 Schneider, Neal QB TENN 2 0 14 7 50.0 84 6.00 20 1 0 0 0 123.9 Player Pos Team GP GS Att Yards Avg Lg TD Brewster, J.B. RB TENN 4 4 128 552 4.3 21 3 Mason, Brandon RB TENN 4 0 41 215 5.2 25 2 AE QB TENN 4 4 18 46 2.5 11 0 Schroeder, Terry QB TENN 1 0 5 9 1.8 19 0 Castleberry, Terry WR TENN 4 0 2 24 12.0 22 0 Schneider, Neal QB TENN 2 0 3 9 3.0 8 1 Everett, Steven WR TENN 4 4 3 6 2.0 6 1 Bedford, Terrell RB TENN 4 0 2 6 3.0 6 0 Player Pos Team GP GS Targ Ctch Yards Avg YAC Lg TD Witt, Dominic TE TENN 4 4 22 13 170 13.0 111 28 3 Prescott, Roman FB TENN 4 4 15 10 104 10.4 82 18 0 Brewster, J.B. RB TENN 4 4 10 9 100 11.1 34 15 2 Everett, Steven WR TENN 4 4 15 9 116 12.8 70 28 3 Jordan, Willie FB TENN 4 4 10 8 62 7.7 36 14 0 Castleberry, Terry WR TENN 4 0 14 7 113 16.1 51 29 1 Mason, Brandon RB TENN 4 0 11 7 67 9.5 53 17 0 Witt, Monty TE TENN 2 0 1 1 16 16.0 7 16 0 Kolodzik, Thomas TE TENN 4 0 1 1 16 16.0 26 16 1 Bedford, Terrell RB TENN 4 0 2 1 11 11.0 1 11 0 Player Pos Team Punt Yards Avg Lg In20 Wheeler, Daniel P TENN 12 469 39.0 51 9
Old 01-25-2004, 01:13 PM   #163
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Rain and cool temperatures are expected Saturday in Lexington. The game will be shown locally, but heard nationally and internationally on FOFC radio.

And the numerous (well, 1 at least...) French UT fans will thus be able to follow their favourite QB AE and thank you for that...
Old 01-25-2004, 01:33 PM   #164
Poli
FOFC Survivor

BK: Welcome, college football fans to FOFC sports radio, featuring the University of Tennessee Volunteers. I’m Bob Kesling, and along with my partner Tim Priest, we’ll be bringing you today’s game.

We’re here in Lexington, Kentucky, at Commonwealth Stadium, where a sold out Kentucky crowd is braving the pouring rain and cool temperature to see this game.

It’s SEC football time for all of you fans and we’re about ready to get things rolling. Tim, what are your thoughts on Tennessee?

TP: Well, they struggled last week offensively against the Bulldogs, but their defense is playing phenomenal football right now. They’ll miss corner Bart Serra, especially in today’s game where you figure Kentucky might throw 50 times. Stepping into Serra’s role is sophomore Michael Dudgeon, and Kentucky will most likely try and pick on him early and often.

Offensively, they’ve got to do a little more. Two time Heisman winner J.B. Brewster is being slowed by defenses not worried about the pass. Tennessee really needs to find ways to get Brewster the ball into the open field and let him make plays like he’s done in the past, or try to throw more to alleviate the pressure on the running game.

BK: What about Kentucky?

TP: Kentucky comes into today’s game limping and they’re hurting both on offense and defense. Their best player on either side of the ball won’t dress today from injuries. That’s not good when you’re a young team depending on a few veterans. Kentucky will most likely be outmatched for most of this game and I don’t see them in this one for long in this game.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:45 PM   #165
Poli
FOFC Survivor

BK: OK, well it's time for a quick look at what else is happening in SEC football today.

South Carolina (2-1, 1-1) visits the swamp and the Gators (2-1, 2-0).
Vanderbilt (2-3, 0-2) plays Georgia (2-1, 1-1).
Arkansas (5-0, 2-0) at Ole Miss (2-3, 0-2).
LSU (3-1, 1-0) at Auburn (2-2, 1-0).
Mississippi State (2-2, 1-1) at Alabama (3-1, 1-1).

BK: We've had some controversy over the quarterback situation at UT. Tim, do you have anything on that?

TP: Sure do, Bob. Last night I spoke with head coach Philip Fulmer who told me he has the utmost confidence in quarterback Ardent Enthusiast. He expects Enthusiast to have a great game. He doesn't believe there is a quarterback controversy. Enthusiast is his quarterback. Naturally in big wins you try and get your backups in a game, and given the unique situation UT is in at quarterback, he really wants to try and have a serviceable backup.

BK: I see. And if Enthusiast has three turnovers today?

TP: You never know. Coach Fulmer may change his mind if that happens.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:56 PM   #166
Poli
FOFC Survivor

BK: We’re about ready for the kickoff now. Kentucky won the toss and elected to receive. Vols will get the ball first in the second half.

Kicker Ray Alston, a junior out of Stuart, VA, will kick off. Corner Edgar Brennan is deep for the Wildcats.

Alston readies the kickoff team, drops the arm and away we go. The kick is short for Alston’s standard and is fielded at the goal line. Brennan heads up the left sideline, tackled at the Kentucky 24 by freshman safety Richie England.

Kentucky comes out in the run and shoot offense…
Old 01-25-2004, 02:04 PM   #167
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Later in the game...

BK: First and 10, Wildcats, at the UT 34 yard line; 12:21 left in the first quarter. Kentucky with three receivers left, one receiver right. Karle drops bock, pumps left, throw across the middle….intercepted by the middle linebacker at the 20!

Melvin Briggs rumbles down the right sideline, finally taken down at the Kentucky 41 yard line. Give him a return of 40 yards on the play!

TP: Melvin Briggs, out of Stone Mountain, GA, a true junior, has started every game since he’s been here in the middle for the Vols. He had seven interceptions last year, and that gives him three so far this year.

BK: The teams are switching sides, and we’ll be right back.

Last edited by Poli : 01-25-2004 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:29 PM   #168
Poli
FOFC Survivor

BK: Tim, who’s starting today for the Vols on offense?

TP: In the backfield, it all boils down to J.B. Brewster at tailback, and lead blocking for him at the fullback positions will be Roman Prescott and Willie Jordan. Ardent Enthusiast is the quarterback under fire.

Only one receiver and one tight end in this offense; receiver Steven Everett and end Dominic Witt.

On the line from left to right: Lochner, Raymond, Peters, Washington, and Spangler.
BK: Vols line up power I; Everett split left. Kentucky lines up in an eight man front. Enthusiast barks out the signals, and there’s the snap. Handoff to Brewster, who takes the ball up the middle through a nice hole created by Peters; give him 6 yards on the play.

TP: Look for the Vols to really try and bang it up the middle against this weak Kentucky defense. I think UT wants to quickly establish their running game here.

BK: Vols line up in the same formation. Brewster again up the middle, Prescott with a great block this time, and he’s down after a gain of 11 at the Kentucky 24 yard line.

TP: The offensive line really looks fired up out there. They’re knocking the Wildcats 3 yards off the line of scrimmage. It’s not hard to be successful when you’re offensive line is playing like that.

BK: Power I; Jordan goes in short motion, toss to Brewster who gains 7 yards on the play, but there’s a flag. Looks like a holding call against UT.

TP: Bubba Spangler, the Vols right tackle grabbed the end and just wouldn’t let go. It’ll push Tennessee back 10 yards.

BK: Vols line up, and Enthusiast takes the snap. Handoff Brewster…no, it’s a play fake. Enthusiast fires downfield to Witt; Witt rumbles downfield finally tackled at the Kentucky 14. Give him a gain of 20 yards on the play.

TP: Tennessee likes to come out throwing off of play action. This time the defense reacted well to the run, but UT ends up throwing the ball over their head for the first down.

BK: First down, Volunteers! Enthusiast breaks the huddle and the Vols again lineup in the Power I. He takes the snap and this time does give the ball to Brewster, who gains 5 yards up the middle before being tackled.

TP: Back to the power football for Tennessee. They look like a team with something to prove today.

BK: You can say that again. Tennessee lines up quickly. Brewster again gets the ball. 3 yards, and he’s dropped at the 6. 3rd down and 2 for the Vols.

TP: Wildcats making a number of personnel changes, looks like they’re bringing in a goal line defense now.

BK: Vols line up again. Power I. Fullback offset left. Brewster gets the ball on a toss left. He gets the first down and is tackled at the 3-yard line.

UT gets up quickly and heads right back to the line of scrimmage. Kentucky scrambles to get back into position. Enthusiast takes the snap. Option right. Wildcats string the play out; Enthusiast finally pitches off to Brewster. Brewster breaks a tackle and scores along the right sideline!

Touchdown Tennessee!

TP: Excellent play call by the Vols. They strung the defense out on a toss left, and come right back with an option right, designed to get Brewster the ball along the goal line.

BK: Alston adds the extra point, and it’s 7-0 Tennessee.

We’ll be right back.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:31 PM   #169
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Edit: I'm going to break from this style; it doesn't feel like it's flowing well.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:02 PM   #170
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Excellent.

Awesome

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 03:04 PM   #171
Poli
FOFC Survivor

In my dynasty, you not only get sports, but entertainment as well.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:14 PM   #172
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Kentucky goes 3 and out, but the starting running back suffers an unfortunate injury on the first play of the series. A senior, the young man is done for the season with a broken arm.

Kentucky's punter shanks a 22 yard punt; Billmaier returns it for 2 yards before getting shut down.

1st and 10 Tennessee, at the Kentucky 43, with 7:29 left in the first quarter.

We continue our diet of Brewster up the middle, and he gains 6 yards on the first play, and 9 on the next.

We finally go to our motion offense, and send Brewster out to the slot. It works well as Brewster 18 yards on the reception.

First and goal at the 10. We run option right, and I finally pitch to Brewster who goes up the sideline for 4 yards.

Brewster motions out of the backfield again, but this time I'm hit by the right defensive end. T Spangler got confused as to who to block and I paid the price for a loss of 5.

3rd and goal at the 11, and again we motion Brewster out of the backfield. This time I pump to Brewster and throw a pass to Witt, who was crossing underneath. It works, and Witt rumbles into the endzone untouched!

Touchdown, Tennessee! Alston adds the extra point, and we're rolling.

4:19 left in the 1st quarter, Tennessee 14, Kentucky 0.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:26 PM   #173
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Kentucky goes 3 and out again, with a familiar 22 yard punt. This time Brewster is back to return; but he only nets 4 yards.

1st and 10, UT, at the UT48. 2:14 left in the 1st quarter.

While on the sideline, we decided we should try and throw the ball a little bit more and see what kind of success we have. I'm all for it.

We line up in the Power I, and I lob a fade out to Everett. He makes a great catch at the Kentucky 29 and is forced out at the 28. On the next play I hit Witt over the middle for 10 for another first down. Problem is, a little pushing and shoving went on, and Witt received a personal foul. Dang it.

Mark it 1st and 25 at the UK 33.

Out onto the field trots true freshman running back Terrell Bedford. We give him the ball on a toss and he gains 2. 2nd and 23, and I find Witt again, this time for 11 yards.

3rd down and 12 from the 20, and we run our motion play. Brewster makes the catch, good for 10 yards and the end of the first quarter.

At the end of the first quarter, it's Tennessee 14, Kentucky 0.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:53 PM   #174
Poli
FOFC Survivor

4th and 2, from the 10, Alston adds a FG to make it 17-0 UT to start off the second quarter of play.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:01 PM   #175
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Kentucky goes 3 and out, but penalties and a sack force them from their 20 to their own 6. A good punt couple with a 5 yard Billmaier return gives UT the ball at the Kentucky 44 yard line with 13:21 left in the half.

We return to running the ball, and Brewster is our ball carrier. Brewster gets 2 up the middle, Mason gets 10 on a sweep, and Brewster gets a yard over left guard.

2nd and 9, and we run our motion/pass play, good for 10 yards to Brewster.

1st and 10 at the UK 21, Brewster goes off left tackle for 3, up the middle for 3, and is stuffed for no gain at the UK 15, forcing a fourth down.

Alston trots out and hits another field goal, this one from 32 yards out.

With 9:12 left in the half, it's 20-0 Tennessee.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:06 PM   #176
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Kentucky gets downfield quickly with a deep completion against Dudgeon, but turn the ball over on downs rather than attempt a FG.

1st and 10 UT at the UT 27. 6:21 left in the half.

Brewster breaks a run up the middle open on the first play from scrimmage, with a gain of 19 yards. It's followed by a dump off pass to Mason for 17, with Mason getting 9 yards after the catch. Just like that, it's 1st and 10 at the Kentucky 37.

Brewster gets two more carries; off right guard for 5, and up the middle for 4 more. 3rd and short. Run? Nah, we throw and catch the defense off balance. I find Brewster in the flat and he scampers upfield for 9 more yards.

1st and 10 at the UK19. We give the Wildcats another dose of Brewster and he gains 3. We try a sweep to the left, but he's dropped for a yard loss. 3rd and 8, and it's an obvious passing down.

I look to Witt, but he's double covered. I start to feel pressure off the left side and begin to scramble. I see Brewster open to the right but miss him because I threw on the run.

4th down now, and the field goal team comes out again. Fortunately, Alston is hitting everything nowadays and converts the 34 yard FG.

23-0 UT; 1:19 left in the half.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:14 PM   #177
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Fortunately, Kentucky runs the clock out to end the half. 23-0 UT.

In the locker room, we talk about what went right and wrong during the first half. A whole lot of rights and not a whole lot of wrongs.

I'd have liked to convert a FG or two into touchdowns, though.

Coach Fulmer tells us this game isn't over. We've got Kentucky down, and now is the time to take it to them. He doesn't want to see anyone take it easy.

What I'd really like to see is Brewster break one open for 25 yards or more. I'd like to see some explosion in our offense.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:40 PM   #178
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We get the ball to start off the second half, and Billmaier takes the kick at the 2 yard line.

He's stopped at the 22, and the offense takes the field.

We go for the kill on first down and look deep. No one is opened and I'm flushed from the pocket. Wildcats to the left of me, Wildcats to the right of me. Wildcats in front of me. I lob the ball away.

Not a wise move. Intentional grounding. Offense. Ardent Enthusiast. Hey, at least I didn't get hit.

Loss of seven on the play. Make it 2nd and 17 on the 15 yard line.

Brewster picks up for my slack and gets 12 on a run up the middle, providing us with a decent 3rd and 5. A screen to Mason gives us 15 more and a first down.

Brewster gets 3 on a toss and I hit Everett for a nice 16 yard completion. 1st and 10 on the UK39. Unfortunately, Witt is injured blocking downfield, and is clutching at his back. He's replaced by TE Thomas Kolodzik.

We try the option reverse with Everett, but defenses have really caught on to that play. Everett ends up dancing around and losing 3 yards in the process. Sure wish we had a halfback pass or receiver pass play. That may have been wide open there.

The coaching staff took a while getting the play in, and we're whistled for delay of game. Back us up a little more, and it's 2nd and 18 now at the UK47.

Now we've got to be in a passing mode and I try my first attempt to hit Kolodzik. It's tipped away by an eager safety. A screen to Willie Jordan nets 10, making 4th and 8 at the UK37.

I figure the punt team will be coming on the field, but as I look to the sideline, I see that's not the case: We're going for it.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:57 PM   #179
Poli
FOFC Survivor

In from the sideline comes Castleberry; out goes Jordan.

The call? Pro right doubles left H3 motion, X rub slant.

Basically calling for Everett to rub his defender off by running underneath the fly patterns of Castleberry and the motioning Brewster.

We break the huddle; Everett and Castleberry head left, Kolodzik tigh right. Brewster lines up to the left of me, Prescott to the right. With a lift of my heel, Brewster heads over toward the receivers. The defense, already out of postion in an 8 man front, sends a ILB to cover Brewster.

I take the snap and drop back. Both Kolodzik and Prescott stay in to help block. Everett runs underneath his teammates and catches the ball in stride. It's 20 yards before he's finally taken down.

1st and 10 at the 17. Option left, but the defense stuffs Brewster for no gain. A screen to Mason on the next play nets 13 and gives us a 1st and goal at the 4.

We call option right and the end crashes down on me. Mason is the pitch man, but he's smothered by a blitzing linebacker for a loss of 2. Ball on the 6, and Brewster gets 2 up the middle. Back on the 4, this time 3rd down. We run a rare counterplay, but it gets the touchdown; thanks to the great blocking of Prescott. Alston adds the XP and we've got 30 points.

Looks like I'll have a short day after all.

8:07 left in the 3rd; 30-0 UT
Old 01-25-2004, 10:09 PM   #180
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Kentucky gets a nice return to the UK28, and the QB promptly nets a 1st down on a 10 yard scramble. The defense vows revenge, and sacks the quarterback on three straight plays. A 37 yard punt and 7 yard return give us the ball at the UT47 with 5:53 left in the 3rd.

Remarkably, I'm not told to sit, and head back out onto the field.

A toss to Brewster gains five around right end, followed by an option play that only nets a yard. 3rd and 4, and we run our reliable motion/pass play. Mason converts the first down, and the ball is placed at the UK35.

I'm really starting to like Mason as a receiver.

Brewster gains 7 up the middle, but we're called for holding, pushing us back to the 45 and making it 1st and 20. Another go up the middle gives Brewster 3. We line up for an option left but the new TE Kolodzik jumps early and we're whistled for false start. Back us up another 5 yards. 2nd and 22. I hit Mason on a screen for 9 yards and the Kolodzik over the middle for huge 20 yard gain on 3rd and 13. He didn't have the first initially, but bulled his way through Wildcat defenders before finally going down.

The coaching staff liked the result of that and call something similar, but the defense reacts well this time. I'm hurried off the right edge and the pass sails over the receiver. 2nd down and we toss it out to Brewster who gets 2 yards before getting tackled.

3rd and 8 and we run a screen to Brewster, but the defense reacts well again, holding us to a 2 yard gain. 4th and 6 and we'll kick the FG. An offensive lineman flinches before the kick, and we're sent back 5 yards.

Alston converts anyway; a 36 yard FG which gives us a 33-0 lead with 43 seconds left in the half.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:12 PM   #181
Blade6119
Coordinator

would have been nice to see their WR in there
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:21 PM   #182
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Kentucky manages yet another good return, this time to the UK35, but once again the offense goes 3 and out. A nice 45 yard punt forces Billmaier to make a fair catch at the UT21.

The drive consumed what was left of the 3rd quarter and gives UT the ball with 14:41 left in the game.

Once again I'm sent onto the field. Ask me no more questions and I'll tell you no more lies. I have no clue why I'm in the game at this point. Reserves have began to filter in at other positions on offense and defense already but for some reason I continue to play quarterback.

Unfortunately, the inexperience has resulted in a number of penalties this half and we start this drive with an anxious offensive tackle jumping. 1st and 15 at the 16, and we run play action. Kolodzik is wide open and I get him the ball. He's hauled down at the UT39 for a 23 yard gain.

Mason goes off left tackle for 6, but Brewster is dropped for a yard loss off right tackle. 3rd and 5 at the UT44, and a receiver screen to Castleberry nets 9 and another UT first down.

We plunge Mason up the middle; no gain. We plunge Brewster up the middle, no gain. 3rd and 10 at the UK 47, and we call for a screen to Mason. I'm rushed in my throw and end up missing Mason, who hadn't turned around for the pass yet.

This 4th down results in our punter seeing his first action of the game, and Wheeler doesn't disappoint. He drops a 34 yard punt down to the UK13. The returner dances around and ends up losing 4; dropped at the 9 with 10:23 left in the game.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:23 PM   #183
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
would have been nice to see their WR in there

You mean UK's hurt stud?

Yeah, it would have made the game a little more interesting.

What sucked for UK today is that the Wr was out, another starting Wr was injured, the starting HB breaks his arm, and the redshirt freshman is forced to make plays on his own against our stellar defense. So far, he's completed two deep balls and made some nice scrambles...but they've been all for nothing.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:27 PM   #184
Blade6119
Coordinator

Sounds to me like you have assembled a "nice" defense...hell, the other team cant move the ball and its players are faking injuries...

Thats the way to win ballgames!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:35 PM   #185
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Kentucky goes 3 and out again, and nets 30 yards on their punt after a 6 yard return by Brewster.

Tennessee's ball with 9:07 left in the game at the UK42.

Again I'm sent onto the field and I wonder if Coach Fulmer is sending a message to those who were calling for me to be replaced.

Brewster goes off left tackle for 3, and Mason heads up the middle for 8 and the 1st down at the UK31.

Mason is dropped for a 2 yard loss up the middle, but gains 2 on a toss sweep on the next play. 3rd and 10 at the 31 yard line, and we run option right with Brewster. It breaks wide open as two defenders crash down on me and Brewster gains 18 down to the UK13 before being stopped.

A counter by Brewster nets 2 but he fumbles the ball. Fortunately, the center Peters is at the bottom of the pile with the ball. We send Brewster up the middle again for a yard and now it's 3rd and 9 at the 12 yard line.

We call for a TE throwback, where the TE fakes the block, and Kolodzik runs it perfectly. It results in a 12 yard TD pass.

Touchdown, Tennessee!

Alston adds the XP and we're up, 40-0 now, with 5:47 left in the game.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:37 PM   #186
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Sounds to me like you have assembled a "nice" defense...hell, the other team cant move the ball and its players are faking injuries...

Thats the way to win ballgames!

Yeah, but the only team we seem to have faced with an offense was Syracuse, and they took it to us.

I fear the Florida, Georgia, and Alabama games.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:42 PM   #187
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The Wildcats manage a short drive this series, but are forced to punt yet again. The punter shanks the punt, and the ball travels 25 yards. Brewster gains 6 yards on the return. Ball on the UT48 with 2:53 left in the game.

Once again, I'm sent on the field, and I'm told we're not taking prisoners.

Mason goes up the middle for 4.

A screen to Jordan gains 10. A screen to Prescott gains 7 (Coach Fulmer must really, really hate Kentucky to be doing this to them).

Option left, and Mason breaks free for 28 and makes it first and goal at the 3 with 28 seconds left in the game.

Certainly we'll kneel down here.

Nope.

The call comes in to give the ball to Mason on a dive, and we do.

Mason leaps over the pile but doesn't break the goalline, and the Kentucky defense holds us out as the clock expires.

Final score:
UT 40, UK 0
Old 01-25-2004, 11:03 PM   #188
mtaystl03
High School Varsity

Did you actually change the name to Ardent Enthusiast or are you just using a random guy and making him into yourself? Is there anyway to change names and information in TCY?
Old 01-25-2004, 11:08 PM   #189
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaystl03
Did you actually change the name to Ardent Enthusiast or are you just using a random guy and making him into yourself? Is there anyway to change names and information in TCY?

Welcome to my walk on dynasty, Mtaystl03.

There's no way to change names that I'm aware of. What I did was take UT and recruit everywhere but QB. This eventually led to UT having only walk ons at the position.

I don't know if you've had walk ons at a position, but they're typically very, very horrible, and AE is no different. His scout rating is 4, poor. He's ahead of Schroeder and Schneider but 1 point.

Walk on quarterbacks also have a tendency of being a little freaked under pressure and have a high scramble ability, AE is no different.

I basically took the QB that was to start for UT and renamed him, "AE". Works for me.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:39 AM   #190
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Eat that, Mr John Adams ! QB controversy my ass !!!
Old 01-26-2004, 11:19 AM   #191
Poli
FOFC Survivor

SEC games this week:

South Carolina (2-1, 1-1) visits the swamp and the Gators (2-1, 2-0).
Vanderbilt (2-3, 0-2) plays Georgia (2-1, 1-1).
Arkansas (5-0, 2-0) at Ole Miss (2-3, 0-2).
LSU (3-1, 1-0) at Auburn (2-2, 1-0).
Mississippi State (2-2, 1-1) at Alabama (3-1, 1-1).

Results:

South Carolina 21, Florida 24
Vanderbilt 7, Georgia 38
Arkansas 56, Ole Miss 13
LSU 10, Auburn 17
Mississippi State 14, Alabama 49

Last edited by Poli : 01-26-2004 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:26 AM   #192
Poli
FOFC Survivor

In the locker room, I'm given my second game ball. It's a bit surprising; I thought J.B. Brewster would get it.

Turns out I threw for more than 300 yards today. Wow. I hadn't realized that.

Everyone congratulates me on a great game, and it feels good to be me again. The ride home will be sweet.

Hope John Adams watched this game.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:29 AM   #193
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

40-0 vs. UK. Pull the QB. They should score 70!
Old 01-26-2004, 11:29 AM   #194
Poli
FOFC Survivor

SEC players of the week:

DT C.J. Jarvis, Florida. 7 tackles, 3 assists, 3.5 sacks. This sucks.

QB Blake Kinney, Arkansas. 30 of 40, 516 yards, 8 TDs.

Tennessee players mentioned:

AE, J.B. Brewster, Brandon Mason, and Ray Alston.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:31 AM   #195
Poli
FOFC Survivor

On the bus ride home, we're shocked to hear on the radio that Northwestern has just beat #1 Ohio State, 35-10.

Could we be the next #1 team?

Northwestern?!?!?!?!
Old 01-26-2004, 11:38 AM   #196
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The news on Dominic Witt is not good. He's out with a sprained back. He might make it back near the end of the regular season. Thomas Kolodzik, a sophomore, will start at tight end.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:48 AM   #197
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Game stats vs. Kentucky. I decided to include our not so great returners.

Enjoy.

Code:
Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int 15 AE 28 24 318 11.3 24 2 0 Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 48 Brewster 34 142 4.1 19 2 49 Mason 10 56 5.6 28 0 82 Everett 1 -3 -3.0 -3 0 15 AE 1 -5 -5.0 0 0 37 Bedford 1 2 2.0 2 0 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 48 Brewster 5 49 9.8 29 18 0 49 Mason 5 66 13.2 39 17 0 95 Witt 4 52 13.0 29 20 1 82 Everett 3 60 20.0 8 24 0 91 Kolodzik 3 55 18.3 28 23 1 32 Jordan 2 20 10.0 10 10 0 43 Prescott 1 7 7.0 5 7 0 8 Castleberry 1 9 9.0 0 9 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 48 Brewster 3 16 5.3 0 42 Billmaier 3 14 4.6 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 42 Billmaier 1 20 20.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 2 Wheeler 1 34 34.0 34 1
Old 01-26-2004, 11:57 AM   #198
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Season stats through 5 games:

Code:
Player Pos Team GP GS Att Cmp Pct Yards Avg Lg TD Int Sck Yards Rating AE QB TENN 5 5 105 77 73.3 926 8.81 29 10 2 3 16 174.9 Schroeder, Terry QB TENN 1 0 10 6 60.0 83 8.30 24 1 0 2 10 162.7 Schneider, Neal QB TENN 2 0 14 7 50.0 84 6.00 20 1 0 0 0 123.9 Player Pos Team GP GS Att Yards Avg Lg TD Brewster, J.B. RB TENN 5 5 162 694 4.2 21 5 Mason, Brandon RB TENN 5 5 51 271 5.3 28 2 Schroeder, Terry QB TENN 1 0 5 9 1.8 19 0 AE QB TENN 5 5 19 41 2.1 11 0 Castleberry, Terry WR TENN 5 0 2 24 12.0 22 0 Schneider, Neal QB TENN 2 0 3 9 3.0 8 1 Bedford, Terrell RB TENN 5 0 3 8 2.6 6 0 Everett, Steven WR TENN 5 5 4 3 0.7 6 1 Player Pos Team GP GS Targ Ctch Yards Avg YAC Lg TD Witt, Dominic TE TENN 5 5 26 17 222 13.0 140 28 4 Brewster, J.B. RB TENN 5 5 16 14 149 10.6 63 18 2 Everett, Steven WR TENN 5 5 18 12 176 14.6 78 28 3 Mason, Brandon RB TENN 5 5 17 12 133 11.0 92 17 0 Prescott, Roman FB TENN 5 5 16 11 111 10.0 87 18 0 Jordan, Willie FB TENN 5 5 12 10 82 8.2 46 14 0 Castleberry, Terry WR TENN 5 0 15 8 122 15.2 51 29 1 Kolodzik, Thomas TE TENN 5 0 6 4 71 17.7 54 23 2 Witt, Monty TE TENN 3 0 1 1 16 16.0 7 16 0 Bedford, Terrell RB TENN 5 0 2 1 11 11.0 1 11 0

Last edited by Poli : 01-26-2004 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:06 PM   #199
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Ardent Enthusiast for Heisman!

Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 06:57 PM   #200
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing
Ardent Enthusiast for Heisman!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, DK. Didn't you mean, J.B. Brewster for Heisman?