Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-26-2004, 11:36 PM   #201
tucker342
Pro Starter

[quote]15 AE 28 24 318 11.3 24 2 0

Wow, 24-28 with 318 yds and 2 touchdowns?

That's umm a pretty good game...
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 12:12 AM   #202
Poli
FOFC Survivor

[quote=tucker342]
Quote:
Wow, 24-28 with 318 yds and 2 touchdowns?

That's umm a pretty good game...

I knew I started off very well, but I didn't think I had that great of a finish. Guess I was wrong. When I got the intentional grounding and started missing some receivers, I figured I was in for an average day.

I'm very happy the staff didn't pull me in favor of Schneider. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have half the numbers I did.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:26 AM   #203
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sunday's review of game film was a whole lot easier than last week's. Just about everything seemed to go our way in the Kentucky rain. We had very few real mistakes, but a lot of mental mistakes by our inexperienced underclassmen.

A few grass drills are in order.

Reviewing Florida, on the other hand, was quite interesting.

They're 3-1, having lost to a good UCLA team by 3. The defense seems to be top notch, with an All American outside linebacker and numerous all conference type players throughout. They have 13 sacks and 7 interceptions in their four games.

Offensively, though, they look really weak. They're putting up points, but it looks like they rely on the offense to get them the ball a lot. They've allowed 15 sacks and 7 interceptions.

We'll have to stay very conservative and hold onto the ball if we hope to win this game.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:49 AM   #204
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Gator Defense Not Likely To Fold

John Adams, Knoxville News-Sentinel

Quarterback Ardent Enthusiast enjoyed his game of the century on Saturday against a weakened Wildcat defense, and good for him. The walk on, fifth year senior deserves it for all the work he's put in over the past couple of months. Enthusiast threw for over 300 yards and two touchdowns. Quite a day for anyone, really.

I don't see a repeat performance in front of the home crowd, though. Florida is coming to town. Not that I had to tell you. I'm sure the Florida game has been circled on your calander for most of the year. If you don't have tickets, I'm sure you've tried to get them by now.

Write this down: Florida won't allow 200 yards in the air against Tennessee. I'm almost certain Tennessee won't even muster 100 yards in the air Saturday. We won't win unless we run the ball.

Florida's defense is built around speed, the blitz, and deception. Three things I'm almost certain our offense can't handle. They're certain to rattle our walk on quarterback; and the last thing you want on offense is a rattled quarterback.

That's what we'll have though if we try to throw too often. Florida's defense has 13 sacks on the season, and 21 unofficial "hurries". The secondary is averaging almost 2 interceptions per game as well.

Actually, Florida's whole team is built around this defense. I'm not overly impressed by the run and shoot offense Coach Ron Zook uses there. I believe we can hold this Florida team to 20 points.

I just don't believe we can score 21.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:20 AM   #205
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It's Official!

UT is #1!!

Code:
School Record Conf Coach **Tennessee 5-0 SEC 1 Ohio State 5-1 B10 2 Oklahoma 5-1 B12 3 Stanford 5-0 PAC 4 Arkansas 6-0 SEC 5 Nebraska 5-1 B12 6 Arizona State 5-0 PAC 7 Colorado State 5-1 MOU 8 South Florida 5-0 USA 9 Alabama 4-1 SEC 10 Georgia Tech 4-1 ACC 11 Georgia 3-1 SEC 12 Miami 5-1 BEA 13 Syracuse 5-1 BEA 14 North Carolina 5-0 ACC 15 Florida State 3-2 ACC 16 Florida 3-1 SEC 17 Utah 3-1 MOU 18 Washington 3-2 PAC 19 Pittsburgh 5-1 BEA 20 UCLA 4-2 PAC 21 Maryland 5-1 ACC 22 Texas 2-3 B12 23 Michigan 4-2 B10 24 Minnesota 4-2 B10 25
Old 01-27-2004, 11:33 AM   #206
Poli
FOFC Survivor

ESPN announced today that the ESPN GameDay crew will travel to Knoxville to showcase the Florida/Tennessee game.

The game pits #17 Florida against the top ranked Vols of Tennessee. The game will be televised nationally, and internationally, on TV1.

UT opens as a 6.5 point favorite over the Gators.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:39 AM   #207
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The practice week has been really tense. Coach Fulmer and the rest of the staff have really tightened down on us this week. They're preaching no mistakes on offense, and I hope we can do that.

We certainly haven't tried to add anything new for this game, but we did work on a bunch offense some. That's our "come back" offense, in case we're losing.

Lord, I hope it doesn't come down to that.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:40 AM   #208
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Game day temperature and weather: 75 degrees and sunny.

A great day for Tennessee football!
Old 01-27-2004, 11:45 AM   #209
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Other games in the SEC today:

Kentucky (1-5, 0-3) at Georgia (3-1, 2-1).

South Carolina (2-2, 1-2) at Vanderbilt (2-4, 0-3).

Ole Miss (2-4, 0-3) at Auburn (3-2, 2-0).

Alabama (4-1, 2-1) at LSU (3-2, 1-1). TV4

Arkansas (6-0, 3-0) at Mississippi State (2-3, 1-2).
Old 01-27-2004, 11:51 AM   #210
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The Vol Walk left me just a little more nervous than usual. Felt like a record crowd out there cheering us as we went to the stadium today.

In the locker room, J.B. asks to talk to the team; no coaches allowed.

J.B. says he wants to go out on top, and to do that we have to take care of business today on the field. We have to give it our all.

GO VOLS!!
Old 01-27-2004, 01:10 PM   #211
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Heading out the tunnel, and running through the T, I hear the deafening roar of the sold out Tennessee faithful. If I want to keep them cheering, I know what I and the rest of the team have to do.

I realize that this will be the game that everyone measures me by. Lose today, no matter what, and the blame will go on me.

I'm told we won the toss and elected to receive. My date with destiny has finally arrived.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:29 PM   #212
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

NOOOOOOO, You can't stop there!
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 06:21 PM   #213
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

SOB we want ardent, we want ardent, we want ardent...
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 08:26 PM   #214
Crim
College Benchwarmer

GO GATORS!!!

Crim
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 08:27 PM   #215
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The band is playing "Rocky Top" and fans are going wild.

Television crews have just cut back to the stadium, and Florida's kicker sends the ball of to Marc Billmaier and J.B. Brewster. It lands 7 yards into the endzone, and Billmaier takes a knee in the endzone.

"Power I right, split left, 21 dive on 3, on 3 everyone, don't jump" I tell the team and we head to the field.

Florida shows us an 8 man front; and the shifting has begun. Florida's defense moves everyone in hopes of confusing our blocking assignments.

"Down, set, hut, hike!..."

That's all it took. The right end jumps across and comes after me. He taps my shoulder as he slows down. He knows we just got him. We didn't go on three the whole game against Kentucky. We knew someone would jump today.

1st and 5 at the 25. Same play call. Brewster take the handoff but gains only a yard. The Gator defense celebrates the stop.

I look to the sideline for the play and in comes Castleberry. Play action off the dive.

"Power I left, Split left, 521 Oscar on two, on two, ready, break!"

The team lines up and I scan the defense. The shifting and moving by the defense is so confusing; it would be better if I just shut my eyes until the ball was snapped.

I take the snap, and shove an empty hand into Brewster's belly. Here comes Castleberry on the "Oscar" reverse call, and I fake the ball into his belly as well.

"Reverse! Reverse!" Despite the noise of the crowd, you can still hear the defense crying for help.

Only it wasn't a reverse. TE Thomas Kolodzik did a wonderful job faking a stalk block and had slipped past everyone. As I turn around, ball in hand, screams of "Pass!!!!" come to my ears. All I can think of is trying to actually complete this wide open pass.

It wasn't the prettiest pass I'd thrown this year. In fact, I kind of short armed it. Kolodzik had to slow down and wait for the ball...but it got there. He made the catch at the UT47 and rumbled ahead to the Florida 40 before getting caught from behind.

The crowd erupts! A short bit of "Rocky Top" comes from the band.

Everett returns to the huddle with the call for a counter play.

"Power I right, split right, 24 counter on 1, on 1, ready, break!" Brewster takes the handoff going right and cuts back left. I continue on a bootleg over the left side and snap my head around as if to pass. Brewster gains a yard, but a Florida player drops a hit on Brewster when he was already clearly down. A yellow flag is dropped and we're awarded 15 more free yards.

Boos erupt from the Volunteer faithful. With the penalty marked off, it's 1st and 10 on the Florida 29 yard line.

"Power I left, split left, 23 on 1, on 1, ready, break!" Brewster gets another carry, this time off right guard. We get a seal here, and a seal there, and Brewster breaks it open. He's finally dragged down by a fleet footed safety at the 3 yard line!

Cheers erupt again, and this is the most explosive this offense has felt in weeks.

TE Monty Witt replaces Castleberry in the lineup, and comes in with the play.

"Power I right, Z quick, 28 toss, on two, on two, ready, break!" I take a look at the defense. They were celebrating not too long ago when they stopped us for a yard gain. Now look at them. They look, well, nervous.

Just before I take the snap, FB Willie Jordan takes off in motion. I spin around and pitch the ball off to Brewster, who's heading for the left pylon. He gets in!

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!!

Alston adds the extra point and life is good in Knoxville.

12:55 left in the 1st quarter; Tennessee 7, Florida 0.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:06 PM   #216
Poli
FOFC Survivor

On the sideline during the TV timeout and while Florida has the ball, we discuss what went on during that drive. Florida appeared to lose concentration after stopping us at the line of scrimmage. Both times Florida held us at the line we had big gains. Two penalties; one a huge 15 yard automatic first down. All told we ran five plays. Not a bad drive for 80 yards.

I'm called to the sideline as Florida gets set to punt. The punt is a low line drive and Billmaier watches the ball roll out of bounds at the UT44 with 10:46 left in the first quarter.

Figuring the Florida defense expects a run on first down, we go for another play action pass. Again off the dive fake, this time without the reverse action. Florida is again caught flat footed, and I hit Kolodzik over the middle. He's finally tackled at the Florida 29.

"Where's this guy been all season?" I wonder as we head up to the huddle. Wow.

Option left is the call from the sideline, but Florida strings us out and Brewster eventually is stopped at the line of scrimmage.

Out goes Brewster, and in comes Mason. Play call? Quick slant to the SE Everett. He makes the catch and gains 8 more yards; tackled at the 18. Unfortunately, Mason limps off the field.

Another option left, and this time I'm forced to keep. I tuck my head down and get 2 yards before getting whacked by an outside linebacker.

That's two plays without getting Brewster the ball. Time to give it to him again. I don't like carrying the ball, anyway. Brewster finds a hole off the right side and gains 12 down to the 4 yard line. We call the same play, this time with two tight ends instead of one, and Brewster plunges in for his second touchdown of the day!

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!!

Alston adds the extra point! Rocky Top is home sweet home for me.

7:15 left in the 1st quarter; Tennessee 14, Florida 0.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:12 AM   #217
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE!!!!

(MORE MORE MORE)
Old 01-28-2004, 11:59 AM   #218
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Things went well for us again on that drive. Thankfully, a shorter field than the opening kickoff.

Three plays for over 10 yards, and we're eating these guys up. Team confidence is high on the sideline.

The defense enters the field fired up about the points scored, and shuts Florida down again. Florida is forced to punt again after 3 plays, this time from their own 13. The weak punt went 34 yards and Billmaier returned it 4 yards to the Florida 43. 6:09 left in the 1st.

Florida: 6 offensive plays; 2 punts. Good job, defense!

Brewster goes off right guard for a yard, and I decide to go with a long count. For the first time, our guy jumps instead of theirs, and we're pushed back 5 yards. A screen to Brewster only nets 2 yards, and Florida's defense finally looks like it came to play.

3rd and 12 on the Florida 45, and we're trying to get punter Daniel Wheeler a little closer to the 20 for a punt. We call off tackle and Brewster breaks a tackle at the line of scrimmage and spins past another defender! He darts into the open field, finally brought down by a corner at the 18 yard line

First down, Tennessee!

Mason starts to jog in to give Brewster a breather, but Mason waves him off. Coach sends in a play with the receiver instead. In the huddle, Brewster demands the ball.

"This is our time. I won't let us lose this game. Give me the ball."

Absolutely. You won't hear me argue. I just hope the coaches will agree.

They do. Brewster goes up the middle for 6. Option right, and a pitch to Brewster nets 6 more. First down at the 6 yard line.

Option right again. Brewster is lagging a bit, taking the pitch and heads upfield for no gain.

Mason does come in this time, and Brewster isn't as defiant.

Another option to the right, and Mason takes us to the 2.

In comes Brewster again, and he dives into the endzone off right tackle for another touchdown!

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!!

Alston adds the XP.

Take that, John Adams.

2:00 left in the 1st; Tennessee 21, Florida 0.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:16 PM   #219
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Florida's receivers aren't just dangerous receivers. They're dangerous returners as well.

One of them returns the kickoff to the Florida 35, and two plays later he's running down the sideline with a 39 yard completion. We succeed in stopping them there; even pushing them back two yards.

In the process, the 1st quarter ends.

End of the 1st, Tennessee 21, Florida 0.

4th and 12; what will they do? Certainly they won't try a 51 yard FG. But out comes the FG team. And the guy absolutely freaking nails it.

Son of a gun.

14:10 left in the 2nd, Tennessee 21, Florida 3.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:20 PM   #220
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Other scores around the SEC:

End of the first quarter:
Ole Miss 14, Auburn 14

Arkansas 14, Mississippi State 13

Alabama 0, LSU 7

South Carolina 14, Vanderbilt 7

Kentucky 0, Georgia 7
Old 01-28-2004, 12:51 PM   #221
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Brewster takes the short kickoff at the 6 and races upfield to the 29. He comes off the field for a play, as per design.

It's time to see if we can do any drop back throws; since we have an 18 point lead to toy with.

"Power I right, split right, H7, 259. On two, on two", and we head onto the field. H7 sends Mason in motion to the right side, into a slot position and the number call are the routes we're running. Mason motions out, and runs a nice pattern, but I underthrow the ball.

"My bad" I call out, and pat myself on the chest, indicating I'm to blame. Mason waves me off and heads to the sideline, and in comes Brewster with the next play.

It's of similar design, but Brewster will run a curl route instead. I hit Brewster, and he spins around for 6 yards and the first down.

Three straight carries by Brewster, however, only net us 6 yards. We're stopped 4 yards short of the 1st. A quick look to the sideline, and yep, we're done.

Wheeler and the punt team come onto the field. Wheeler drops another punt inside the 20, this one rolling out of bounds at the Florida 17.

We didn't score, but at least we took 3 minutes off the clock.

11:01 left in the 2nd; Tennessee 21, Florida 3.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:08 PM   #222
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Florida is forced into another 3 and out series, and a horrid 30 yard punt would have gave us the ball at midfield. Billmaier instead tries to make something out of nothing on the return and loses 6 yards in the process.

First and 10 at the UT43; 9:53 left in the 1st half.

"Power I right, double split, H8, 9's. on two, on two." We're going deep. Time to put the women and children in bed and go looking for dinner. Always wanted to say that. Too bad I didn't.

I take the snap and drop back seven steps. I'm plowed. I don't really remember hitting the ground. A loss of 7 and I'm told the guy came around the right tackle to do it.

That hurt. Option left is our next call, and I'm a little groggy. Normally when it comes to option football I pitch first and ask questions later. The option play is strung out, and for some reason instead of pitching I turn upfield. Florida couldn't believe it either, and I somehow get 7 yards up the sideline.

That's enough punishment for me. Time to throw the ball; it's third and long. Mason's in the ball game, and I send him in motion. A lob over the middle causes a collision in the air, but Mason comes up with the ball. It's close enough for a measurement, but we're just short of the first at the Florida 48.

I'm confident we can get it, but Coach Fulmer is not. In comes Wheeler, and he drops a punt out of bounds at the 8. That guy can kick.

8:06 left in the 1st half; Tennessee 21, Florida 3.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:44 PM   #223
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Florida must have bet big against themselves...
Old 01-28-2004, 02:45 PM   #224
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Pete Rose works for the Gators now?
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 08:33 PM   #225
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

more more more!
Old 01-28-2004, 08:41 PM   #226
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Florida's lackluster offense is again dominated by our defense. 3 and out; the 37 yard punt downed by a Gator at the Florida 48. 6:31 left in the half.

Brewster gets nothing up the middle; and an 8 yard option by Mason is negated by a holding call. Brewster gets the call up the middle again, this time gaining 2. 3rd and 18 and I look to Kolodzik on a deep post, but I get rid of the ball early due to the Florida rush. Result? Incomplete. Wheeler and the punt team head onto the field again.

Wheeler drops a 44 yarder to the Florida 12. The returner loses 5 on the return.

1st and 10 Gators at the 7.

5:11 left in the 1st half; Tennessee 21, Florida 3.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:48 PM   #227
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Florida begins to solve our defense and moves upfield, gaining 20 yards. The quarterback makes a mistake, however, and CB Michael Dudgeon capitalizes. His interception give the Vols good field position.

1st and 10, Vols, at the Florida 30 yard line. 2:20 left in the half.

Play action dive is called on first down, and it works. Kolodzik shakes the linebacker and nets 14 yards after the catch. First and 10 at the 6 yard line.

Brewster goes off left guard for 4, but loses a yard on 2nd down. 3rd and goal at the 3. 1:00 left in the half.

We go back to the toss; it worked earlier near the goal line. It works here. Brewster scores again.

Touchdown, Tennessee!

Alston adds the extra point, and Florida is in shock.

:50 left in the 1st half; Tennessee 28, Florida 3.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:51 PM   #228
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The kick off results in a touchback. Florida runs three plays and heads to the locker room.

The locker room was full of smiles; until the coaches came in. Coach Fulmer has a healthy hate for the Gators, and he's not pleased that we had to punt 3 times in the first half. He's not pleased with the return team. He's not even pleased with the defense after the long pass completion resulted in 3 points.

In other words, we better get our butts in gear.

Message received.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:01 PM   #229
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Half time:

Ole Miss 17, Auburn 21

Arkansas 24, Mississippi State 13

Alabama 13, LSU 21

South Carolina 21, Vanderbilt 21

Kentucky 0, Georgia 21
Old 01-28-2004, 09:26 PM   #230
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Florida takes the 2nd half kickoff, but it results in a touchback. More over, it results in another 3 and out. A nice punt, this time, of 42 yards, but it's negated by a 12 yard Billmaier return.

1st and 10 at the UT48, with 13:59 left in the 3rd quarter.

Brewster is stopped off left tackle for no gain on 1st down. The long count gets a Florida player to jump, though, before the next play starts. 2nd and 5, and I hit Kolodzik in the flat for 7 yards and he turns upfield for 5 more.

1st down, Tennessee. Two successive dives by Brewster net 3 yards. A false start by the left guard results in a 3rd and 12 at the Florida 37 yard line.

Brewster gains 7 after breaking a tackle off right guard and we all look to the sideline. Wheeler and company stay put and in comes the play.

4th and 5 at the Florida 30. Crunch time. Option right. Strung out. Pitch to Brewster; turns upfield gains 3 and taken down.

Ball turned over on downs.

First down, Florida at the 27.

10:35 left in the 3rd quarter; Tennessee 28, Florida 3.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:39 PM   #231
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The defense responds. 2 sacks; 3 plays. 45 yard punt; Billmaier returns it 13 yards. Holding on the return team sends the ball back to the UT 44. 9:08 left in the 3rd quarter.

Play action to FB Prescott is tipped away by a linebacker. Play action on 2nd down is ineffective: I end up scrambling upfield for 3 yards. Another false start for the home team sets up a 3rd and 12 at the UT42.

A pass to Mason in the flat works well; he gains 10 before getting tackled. Unfortunately, he's short of the first down. Wheeler and company return for action.

Wheeler drops a 44 yard punt to the Florida 4. The returner makes the catch, but doesn't net yardage on the return.

7:29 left in the 3rd quarter; Tennessee 28; Florida 3.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:54 PM   #232
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Florida drives upfield again, but a sack by DE Doug Stanton causes a fumble. Andrew Harding, at the other end, falls on the ball at the Florida 14.

First and 10, Tennessee! 6:40 left in the 3rd quarter.

Option right. The end crashes and I pitch off. Brewster heads upfield and gains 10, to the 4. The crowd erupts!

Brewster follows a trap block on second down up the middle for his 5th touchdown of the game.

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!!

Alston adds the extra point, and the band plays on.

5:51 left in the 3rd quarter; Tennessee 35, Florida 3.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:02 PM   #233
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Florida's returner takes the ball to the Florida 27, but an ineffective offense is forced to punt after 3 plays again. The 37 yard punt is fielded by Billmaier, who makes the most of a missed lane and wall of blockers. He gains 42 on the return and is dropped at the Florida 26.

1st and 10, UT. 3:51 left in the 3rd quarter.

Brewster takes a toss left and heads out of bounds after a gain of 3. He bursts off left tackle for 15 for another 1st down to the Florida 8.

Option left and the end crashes. Immediate pitch read. Brewster cuts upfield where the end once was...open field, and that's not good for Florida.

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!!!

Brewster's 6th of the game. Alston adds the extra point. The band plays "Rocky Top" and "Brewster" is chanted by the crowd.

3:16 left in the 3rd; Tennessee 42; Florida 3.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:11 PM   #234
Poli
FOFC Survivor

A great kick return sets Florida at their own 39; Alston is injured as he tried to assist on the tackle; but it doesn't appear serious. He is, after all, a kicker. How serious could it be?

The backup is in at QB for the Gators. It's his first action of the season. He sets off on the right foot and drives the Gators downfield, but an errant throw is picked of by Billmaier. The short return gives UT the ball at the UT37. :44 seconds left in the 3rd quarter. Unfortunately, DE Harding rolls on the ground holding his left ankle. It appears serious.

Terrell Bedford sees his first action of the game; a carry off right tackle for 5. Brewster gains 12 up the middle, hurdling a defensive tackle that a backup offensive lineman pancaked. The play ends the 3rd quarter.

End of the 3rd quarter; Tennessee 42, Florida 3.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:32 PM   #235
Poli
FOFC Survivor

End of the 3rd quarter:

Ole Miss 28, Auburn 28

Arkansas 30, Mississippi State 20

Alabama 14, LSU 35 (error in half time report; Alabama indeed hit the extra point)

South Carolina 35, Vanderbilt 42

Kentucky 8, Georgia 38
Old 01-28-2004, 10:39 PM   #236
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Start of the 4th quarter, and the ball is at the Florida 46 yard line.

I'm still in the game, and it appears certain I'll complete the game.

Option left, and Mason takes the pitch and finds a seam up the sideline; good for 20 yards!

A play action pass results in a scramble by me. I gain 2, but the tackler hits me from behind and I lose the ball. Fortunately, Willie Jordan falls on the ball nearby.

2nd and 8, and we run play action again. It's open this time; I find third string TE Monty Witt and he scores from 24 yards out!

TOUCHDOWN TENNESSEE!

Alston adds the extra point.

13:26 left in the game; Tennessee 49, Florida 3.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:52 PM   #237
Craptacular
College Starter

My time away on vacation really screwed up my FOFC viewing ... is there a Cliffs Notes version of this dynasty available?
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 11:00 PM   #238
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Another nice return by the Florida special teams; but at this point it's almost pointless. Florida can't move the ball offensively. 3 and out. The punter hits a 38 yard punt; Billmaier with a 19 yard return to the UT41. 11:35 left in the game.

We come out throwing; I hit Castleberry for 11 yards. Play action; and it works. I hit Witt across the middle; but there's a flag. Witt pushed a defender out of the way before he caught the ball; a clear case of offensive pass interference. Make it 1st and 25 at the UT37.

Brewster tries the right side twice; gaining 8 the first time, but nothing on the second. 3rd and 17, and a screen to Mason nets 3 more, setting up a 4th and 14 at the UT48.

Lots of room for Wheeler to work, but he gets off his first shank of the game. The 28 yard duck is downed by the coverage team at the Florida 24.

9:09 left in the game; Tennessee 49, Florida 3.

Florida goes over the top, looking for a homerun ball to get them in double digits. The pass is intercepted by Billmaier, who falls down as he makes the catch at the UT35.

First down, Tennessee. 9:00 left in the game.

Mason goes up the middle but loses the ball after a gain of 3. G Washington is there, and we've avoided another possible turnover. Brewster comes in and goes up the middle for a gain of 3, setting up 3rd and 4 at the UT41.

Play action works well and I find TE Monty Witt in over the middle. He's dropped savagely by the safety. A flag flies in; spearing on the defense. Good news is that Witt gets up on his own somewhat decently. He even finds the huddle. The penalty gives UT the ball at the Florida 34.

A pass to Brewster in the flat is turned into an 11 yard gain; but a pass to Mason is incomplete; blame the rush of the defensive line on that one. Option left; the defense ignores me. I fake a pitch and cut upfield, gaining 4.

3rd and 6 at the 19, and we call a rollout pass to the right. Unfortunately, my backfield blocker, Willie Jordan, fails on his assignment. I'm crushed from behind for a loss of 8.

Alston comes in to clean up the mess; he connects on a 44 yard field goal.

5:24 left in the game; Tennessee 52, Florida 3.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:16 PM   #239
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craptacular
My time away on vacation really screwed up my FOFC viewing ... is there a Cliffs Notes version of this dynasty available?

I'll PM you the general info in a few minutes or so. Cliff notes, if you will.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:24 PM   #240
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ooh. A Steve Spurier-esque score. If only someone had hung a number like that on him when he was there.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 12:20 AM   #241
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It is the Ron Zook era. Coach Fulmer has no mercy. He'll give beatings to Florida anytime. Sorry Crim.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:30 AM   #242
Poli
FOFC Survivor

After a touchback, Florida goes 3 and out for what would be the final time of the game. The 38 yard punt is returned by Brewster for 14 yards to the Florida 46.

Coach Fulmer apparently isn't done just yet. 3:11 still on the clock.

Mason takes a counter over the left side for a yard. Play action results in an incomplete, as I was rushed into throwing early.

3rd and 9, and we go to the motion offense. Brewster goes in motion and catches the ball on an out route. He turns upfield, gaining the 1st and 2 more yards as well.

1st and 10, ball on the 34, time is ticking. Brewster goes out, in comes Mason. Mason goes in motion. The snap, Everett pulls up on a curl route. Mason streaks underneath him and up the field. I hit him in stride with a duck that he holds on to for a gain of 23 yards.

Cheers erupt from the crowd as Coach Fulmer sends in Neal Schneider. I'm fairly certain they're for the great game I've played, and not for the fact Neal is getting some PT.

That's what I'm going to believe, anyway.

1st and 10 at the 11. Mason takes a pitch left for 1 yard. He then goes up the middle for 2. 3rd and 7. Schneider takes the snap and lobs the ball into the endzone for Castleberry, but it falls short of the target.

Alston comes in and hits the FG, a 25 yarder.

You never know, in a game like this, you may need that later on. Beware of those 52 point comebacks in 52 seconds.

After another touchback, the Florida offense comes out and runs the ball for one play and that kills the rest of the clock.

Final score: Tennessee 55, Florida 3.

And I'm living the dream.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:09 AM   #243
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Final score: Tennessee 55, Florida 3.

And I'm living the dream.

ROLL ON ROCKY TOP!

Vols just made themselves some Gator Gumbo!
Old 01-29-2004, 01:51 AM   #244
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

ass beating. beautiful.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:07 AM   #245
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Gator Defense Not Likely To Fold

John Adams, Knoxville News-Sentinel

Quarterback Ardent Enthusiast enjoyed his game of the century on Saturday against a weakened Wildcat defense, and good for him. The walk on, fifth year senior deserves it for all the work he's put in over the past couple of months. Enthusiast threw for over 300 yards and two touchdowns. Quite a day for anyone, really.

I don't see a repeat performance in front of the home crowd, though. Florida is coming to town. Not that I had to tell you. I'm sure the Florida game has been circled on your calander for most of the year. If you don't have tickets, I'm sure you've tried to get them by now.

Write this down: Florida won't allow 200 yards in the air against Tennessee. I'm almost certain Tennessee won't even muster 100 yards in the air Saturday. We won't win unless we run the ball.

Florida's defense is built around speed, the blitz, and deception. Three things I'm almost certain our offense can't handle. They're certain to rattle our walk on quarterback; and the last thing you want on offense is a rattled quarterback.

That's what we'll have though if we try to throw too often. Florida's defense has 13 sacks on the season, and 21 unofficial "hurries". The secondary is averaging almost 2 interceptions per game as well.

Actually, Florida's whole team is built around this defense. I'm not overly impressed by the run and shoot offense Coach Ron Zook uses there. I believe we can hold this Florida team to 20 points.

I just don't believe we can score 21.

Another great prediction by our "friend" John Adams. He really is a great journalist, isn't he ? Including typos and spelling mistakes and all...
Old 01-29-2004, 09:30 AM   #246
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Oops. That's my bad. You see, when I "found" his article, I just re typed it here. All spelling errors are mine. Obviously.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:42 AM   #247
MJ4H
Coordinator

Fine AE. Good job. But did Arkansas hold off Mississippi State or not dammit!
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 10:25 AM   #248
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman
Fine AE. Good job. But did Arkansas hold off Mississippi State or not dammit!

lol...around the SEC...

FINALS

Ole Miss 35, Auburn 42

Arkansas 51, Mississippi State 27

Alabama 14, LSU 42

South Carolina 46, Vanderbilt 49

Kentucky 8, Georgia 59.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:29 AM   #249
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Amidst the celebration in the locker room, Coach Fulmer gives J.B. Brewster his fourth game ball of the season. Six touchdowns in a game will get that for you.

No rest for the weary. We have to forget about this victory and start off fresh against Ole Miss.

I've got a feeling Coach has got some extra work for the kick coverage team this week after a poor showing today.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:34 AM   #250
Poli
FOFC Survivor

SEC Players of the Week:

WR Sean Zeppelin; Arkansas. 12 receptions, 383 yards, 4 TDs.

DE Nolan Hefner; Georgia. 6 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 pass defended.

I'm named a player of the week for Tennessee. Also named were J.B. Brewster, RB Brandon Mason, and DE Andrew Harding.