Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-01-2004, 10:50 AM   #301
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I thought Ole Miss found a weak spot in Tennessee's game.

AE: Strike the pose!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 11:26 AM   #302
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sunday began preparations for the Vanderbilt game. They're 3-5, 1-4 in conference. If the Commodores lose on Saturday, they're officially out of contention for the SEC Championship game.

The good news is that LSU runs an offense similar to our own, and the game tape showed Vandy ran an 8 man front against them. They stopped the Tigers for 2 and a half quarters...but LSU finally pulled the game out.

I believe we'll have a better day. We've got a better defense than the Tigers, and the Commodores are banged up in a major way. I don't even think they can afford to look at running an 8 man front.

Quite literally, 8 players on the Vanderbilt team are listed as out for the game, and 6 others are nursing injuries of some sort. The best thing about Vandy's defense? They have a very good secondary. The worst thing? Three of the four players they started on the defensive line against LSU are walk ons, thanks to major injury issues.

Vanderbilt's defensive rankings are horrid as well, with no ranking above 73rd overall (avg per rush, 3.79).

It should be a good day for us. Of course, Ole Miss was supposed to be a good day for us as well.

Injury wise TE Dominic Witt, CB Bart Serra, and DE Andrew Harding are all still out. In fact, Witt is the only possibility of coming back during the regular season.

Both Witt and Serra will be ready for any bowl game the Vols go to. A bowl game is essentially a lock at this point with 7 victories.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:44 PM   #303
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Latest Polls

Code:
School Record Conf Coach Last Fans Ave Rank **Tennessee 7-0 SEC 1 1 1 1.00 1 Ohio State 6-1 B10 2 2 2 2.00 5 Oklahoma 6-1 B12 3 3 5 4.00 3 Arkansas 7-0 SEC 4 6 4 4.00 7 Arizona State 7-0 PAC 5 7 3 4.00 2 Colorado State 7-1 MOU 6 8 12 9.00 8 Georgia 5-1 SEC 7 10 11 9.00 12 Georgia Tech 6-1 ACC 8 9 7 7.50 6 Nebraska 6-2 B12 9 5 9 9.00 15 Stanford 6-1 PAC 10 4 6 8.00 4 Miami 6-1 BEA 11 11 8 9.50 10 Syracuse 6-1 BEA 12 12 10 11.00 13 Texas 4-3 B12 13 17 14 13.50 18 UCLA 6-2 PAC 14 19 13 13.50 11 Maryland 7-1 ACC 15 21 17 16.00 9 Alabama 4-2 SEC 16 16 19 17.50 30 Notre Dame 5-3 IND 17 22 22 19.50 27 North Carolina 6-1 ACC 18 13 15 16.50 14 Oklahoma State 6-1 B12 19 24 21 20.00 17 Florida 4-2 SEC 20 -- 20 20.00 16 East Carolina 5-2 USA 21 25 18 19.50 23 Utah 4-2 MOU 22 14 16 19.00 25 Washington 4-3 PAC 23 -- 28 25.50 19 Pittsburgh 6-2 BEA 24 -- 25 24.50 21 Florida State 3-3 ACC 25 15 24 24.50 31
Old 02-02-2004, 02:08 PM   #304
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ping: Ardent

Yes, what can I do for you?

You haven't played a game in a couple of days.

Don't hate. The Vanderbilt game will be tonight after class.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:59 PM   #305
Poli
FOFC Survivor

One interesting thing I've noticed while scouting the Commodores is that they have a redshirt freshman starting OLB from Upper Marlboro, MD.

Why is that interesting? Because I have two players from Upper Marlboro, MD, and one is a redshirt freshman starting OLB for me as well.

Imagine that. All three went to the same high school as well.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:01 PM   #306
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Today's game will be shown on TV5, so only Knoxville area fans will be able to view the game. FOFC Radio will broadcast the game, however.

Weather is expected to be 46 degrees and rain is in the forecast. Bring your umbrellas.

Unfortunately, Janet Jackson has declined to do the halftime entertainment. Instead, we'll have to rely on The Afoci.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:06 PM   #307
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It was another quick run through the Vol Walk today to the stadium. It seems like it rains every weekend here at Tennessee this year.

Rain won't keep the sellout crowd away, however. With in state rival Vanderbilt in town, it seems more than the usual amount of fans are outside the stadium as well.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:16 PM   #308
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Other games in the SEC:

#7 Georgia (5-1, 3-1) at South Carolina (3-3, 1-3) TV4

Kentucky (1-7, 0-5) at #20 Florida (4-2, 3-1)

#16 Alabama (4-2, 2-2) at #4 Arkansas (7-0, 4-0) TV3

Auburn (4-3, 3-1) at Mississippi State (3-4, 2-3)

LSU (5-2, 3-1) at Ole Miss (2-6, 0-5)

Ole Miss and Kentucky are eliminated from winning their divisions.

Last edited by Poli : 02-02-2004 at 07:17 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 07:23 PM   #309
Poli
FOFC Survivor

After we run out onto the field and through the T to the sideline, we find out we've won the toss. Of course, we will receive to open up the half.

No time to relax, I'll be in the action very soon.

Vanderbilt lines up for the kickoff, and the kicker sends the football into the air...
Old 02-02-2004, 07:32 PM   #310
Blade6119
Coordinator

and it goes out of bounds like in the superbowl!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 07:51 PM   #311
Poli
FOFC Survivor

but it is fairly short.

Upback Aaron Greene takes the ball at the UT16 and returns the kick to the UT32. Greene, a senior running back from Bartlett, TN, has been rarely used in his years at UT. Recruited the same year as J.B. Brewster, he was relegated to the bench after dreams of making big plays for the Vols.

"Power I right, split left, 25, on 1, on 1", and with that we head out to the line of scrimmage.

Once again, we're thrown for a loop. Vanderbilt has switched defenses over the week. It looks like we'll be fighting a 50 defense today.

Brewster takes the handoff and heads for the right tackle hole but is stuffed for a 2 yard loss due to confusion by our offensive linemen. We reorganize in the huddle, and on 2nd down we gain 4 off right guard. 3rd and 8, we call a screen to FB Prescott. It nets 4, but leaves us 4 short of the 1st down.

No gambling here. Coach Fulmer sends in punter Daniel Wheeler.

Wheeler tries as hard as he can to put every punt inside the 20, but misses this by a yard. His 41 yard punt is fielded at the 21. The returner does lose 4, so technically, he's been stopped inside the 20.

1st and 10 Vanderbilt at the Vandy 17.

No score; 12:45 left in the 1st.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:10 PM   #312
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Teams have a habit of culture shocking our defense. Vanderbilt is no different, running 7 straight times and gaining 3 first downs. Vanderbilt's first pass is completed as well, despite the Vols being in a nickel defense. Freshman corner Roy Dalzell strips the ball, though, and safety J.R. Blades picks the ball up and returns it to the Vandy 45.

First down, Tennesseee, 9:16 left in the 1st.

Mason in the backfield this time, and he goes in motion. He catches the ball on an out route and ends up with 9 yards. A false start backs us up 5, setting up 2nd and 6 at the Vandy 41.

Prescott in motion this time, and play fake to Mason. Prescott runs a cross and I lob him the ball just over the defender. The defender makes the tackle, but Prescott gains 10 and a first down.

Brewster comes in and we go with an option left. Brewster takes the pitch and heads up the sideline for 18 and another first. 1st and 10 at the 13 yard line.

Option right is the call this time, and the end crashes on me. Brewster takes the pitch and heads off tackle, but slips after a gain of 2...and the ball slips out!

Tackle Sammie Lochner fortunately recovers for the Vols, setting up 2nd and 8 at the 11.

Brewster takes a pitch left on 2nd down and is forced out of bounds after a gain of 4. erd and 3 at the 7, and a screen to Mason nets 3.

So close and yet so far away. Coach Fulmer learned his lesson from the Ole Miss game; in comes kicker Ray Alston and crew.

Moments later we have a 3-0 lead.

5:47 left in the 1st; Tennessee 3, Vanderbilt 0.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:26 PM   #313
Poli
FOFC Survivor

After a touchback, our defense settles down and forces the Commodore offense into a 3 and out. The punter drops a lousy 24 yard punt, but Billmaier is unable to gain a yard on the return, although he certainly tried.

Believe it or not, the punter made the tackle. For the 2nd week in a row, a punter has made the tackle on Billmaier without so much as a yard on the return. Poor Mar Billmaier.

Mark the ball at the Vandy 49 with 4:20 left in the 1st.

Mason in the backfield and he motions out. Slant pass to Mason and he makes the catch. 5 yards later we have a first down.

1st and 10 at the 39, and I'm sacked by a Vandy DE for a loss of 5. That stinking RT Bubba Spangler!

Brewster motions out of the backfield this time, and he makes a catch on a curl pattern and turns up for a total of 10 yards. 3rd and 5 at the 34.

Option right is the call and the end crashes on me again. Brewster takes the pitch off tackle but this time he doesn't slip and gains 24 yards before finally getting tackled.

First down, Tennessee, at the 10 yard line!

Brewster goes off right guard for 3, and then he scampers through the same hole, this time made wide open by a crushing block by TE Thomas Kolodzik, and he scores!

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!!

Alston adds the extra point and Rocky Top pours from the band like the rain in the sky.

1:31 left in the 1st; Tennessee 10, Vanderbilt 0.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:42 PM   #314
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The Commodores return the kick 38 yards, but an illegal block forces them back to the 4 yard line. The defense runs out onto the field, terribly excited.

The first quarter ends as the Commodores squeeze a first down out to the Vanderbilt 16.

End of the 1st Quarter. Tennessee 10, Vanderbilt 0.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:54 PM   #315
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Other games in the SEC:

#7 Georgia 7, South Carolina 3. TV4

Kentucky 0, #20 Florida 7.

#16 Alabama 0, #4 Arkansas 0. TV3

Auburn 3, Mississippi State 0.

LSU 0, Ole Miss 0.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:01 PM   #316
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Vanderbilt opens the 2nd quarter with a 43 yard completion, and the Commodores are back in business. Fortunately the Vols stop them, thanks in part to a 7 yard sack. The 44 yard punt lands in the endzone.

1st and 10, UT. 12:50 left in the half.

We run a trap up the middle with Brewster, but it fails to produce. Brewster is dropped for a 2 yard loss. We get a yard back on 2nd down with another run up the middle by Brewster. But a flag after the play results in a personal foul against UT. Back us up half the distance; it's 3rd and 20 at the 10.

Realizing we don't have many low risk 3rd and 20 plays, Coach Fulmer calls for a safe slant pattern, hoping WR Steven Everett can break it open. He doesn't, but he does gain 10 yards. 4th and 10, and in comes Wheeler.

Wheeler launches a 51 yarder into orbit and the Vanderbilt returner nets 4 yards on the return. Ball marked at the Vandy 33.

11:37 left in the half; Tennessee 10, Vanderbilt 0.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:20 PM   #317
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Vanderbilt is forced into another 3 and out, and the punter shanks another punt. The 24 yarder is downed at the UT47.

First and 10, UT. 9:53 left in the half.

Brewster motions out of the backfield; and my pass to him sails off to the right. A flag comes in; pass interference. 1st and 10 Vols at the Vanderbilt 43.

Coach Fulmer elects to go over the top, and both Kolodzik and Everett are sent deep. Everett gets the double coverage, so I lob it over to Kolodzik, who slips as he turns to adjust. The Vanderbilt linebacker in coverage receives a gift interception at the 24, and he returns the ball to the Vanderbilt 38. In the process, I'm flipped over by a block from a Commodore defensive lineman. The tackle is finally made by RB Brandon Mason.

Dang it. Dang, dang, dang it.

9:36 left in the half; Tennessee 10; Vanderbilt 0.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:22 PM   #318
Blade6119
Coordinator

quick question...whos the best player on your team?
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:23 PM   #319
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, and whos the best young prospect on the team?
Demotivation
Old 02-02-2004, 09:33 PM   #320
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
quick question...whos the best player on your team?

dola, and whos the best young prospect on the team?

Best player? In my opinion, my opinion...you have to look no further than senior RB J.B. Brewster.

The guy is phenomenal. 2 time returning Heisman Trophy winner. Started every game at UT since his true freshman year.

Well, I'd say at this point, the best young prospect appears to be kind of a toss up. RB Brandon Mason is a redshirt freshman, but has shown tremendous talent. The coaching staff seems to try and get true freshman Terrell Beford the ball as well.

Defensively, a redshirt freshman Brian Brisby is phenomenal. I believe he may be the best linebacker at UT right now, although Mitch Briggs and Leonard Donaldson seem to make more plays.

Also of note is current nickel corner Roy Dalzell, a true freshman. He's playing quite a bit, and has the ability and attributes (6-2, 185) to back it up.

Fair enough answers?
Old 02-02-2004, 09:44 PM   #321
Blade6119
Coordinator

are you a freshman?...if so is there any chance that Brandon Mason legally changed his name to Blade6119?...please?
Demotivation
Old 02-02-2004, 10:49 PM   #322
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
are you a freshman?...if so is there any chance that Brandon Mason legally changed his name to Blade6119?...please?

No, I'm a redshirt senior. Even as a freshman or any other class I'd have a tough time repeating as a starter. UT is bringing in two quarterbacks with this recruiting class, including the #1 player in the nation. My days would be done, regardless.

The worst part? The cpu did the recruiting this season, as I concentrated on the game instead. The cpu brought in two QBs. I really must be that bad.

So, I highly doubt Brandon decides to change his name. This dynasty will most likely end with my snubbing in the NFL draft.

I bite my thumb in the general direction of the NFL draft.

And now, back to the game...
Old 02-02-2004, 10:59 PM   #323
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Vanderbilt goes 3 and out after my turnover, but Marc Billmaier goes down in pain on the 3rd play. Unfortunately, not much is known at the time other than it appears to be a serious injury. He's taken to the locker room, and J.B. Brewster heads back to take the punt.

Brewster takes the 36 yard punt and makes an 8 yard return, tackled by their phenomenal punter. Someone please block him!

1st and 10, UT, at the UT 33. 8:23 left in the half.

Brewster carries off left guard twice; losing a yard and gaining 6 in the process. 3rd and 5 at the 38. An option right opens up, and Brewster scoots down the sideline for 11 and the 1st down.

Option left and we go nowhere; Brewster is stopped for a loss of 2.

J.B. is on a mission. When Mason comes in to spell him, he sends Jordan out of the huddle and tells Brandon to play the fullback's spot. Brewster takes the handoff and goes off right guard for 17 yards. Mason goes back to the sideline with word from Brewster. He's not coming out, so don't send anyone back in for him. Jordan and Castleberry come in, and Everett goes off the field as well.

J.B. breaks off 12 more up the middle, and then pounds out three more over left guard. He follows that with 10 behind the right guard. 1st and 10 at the 11 yard line.

J.B takes the handoff up the middle on 1st down and following a tremendous lead block by Prescott scores untouched.

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!

Alston adds the XP, and UT extends the lead.

3:10 left in the half; Tennessee 17, Vanderbilt 0.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:50 PM   #324
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Alston's kickoff is perhaps his shortest of the season, and it is caught at the 6 yard line. The returner is finally dropped at the 28 yard line by senior corner back Mark Braun, and the ball squirts loose!

Fummmmmmmmmble!

RB Aaron Greene, who I ironically mini profiled earlier scoops the ball up and looks to the endzone. He takes off in hopes of scoring, but is tripped up at the Vanderbilt 22 yard line.

1st and 10 at the Vandy 22. 3 minutes left in the half.

We go right back to where we left off. Brewster up the middle. He gains 4 on 1st down, and is stopped for no gain on 2nd. 3rd and 6 and we run a pro slot set with both Castleberry and Everett on the same side. We send Brewster in motion to their side, and we run our bunch concept off of it.

Brewster frees himself of his defender near the 8 yard line, and I sling the ball over to him. He makes the catch but is dropped at the 7. 1st and goal.

Brewster goes up the middle again, this time for a yard. Another time, this time for 3. 3rd and goal at the 4. We need a big play here. We get it...as Brewster scores over left guard. Thank you, LT Sammie Lochner!

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!!

Alston adds the XP, and UT is rolling now. Hopefully, it will be a short day for me.

52 seconds left in the half; Tennessee 24, Vanderbilt 0.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:04 AM   #325
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Fortunately, Vanderbilt eats up the rest of the clock and we go to the locker rooms for the half.

Halftime; Tennessee 24, Vanderbilt 0.

I know I had promised Janet Jackson, but we'll have to settle for The Afoci again for the halftime entertainment.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:31 AM   #326
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
...but Marc Billmaier goes down in pain on the 3rd play. Unfortunately, not much is known at the time other than it appears to be a serious injury.

Oh, how sad......

Old 02-03-2004, 09:42 AM   #327
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Unfortunately, we go into the locker room and get bad news. Marc Billmaier is done for the season. In fact, he might be done for two seasons, as he's likely to be redshirted next year. The diagnosis is ACL damage is his right knee, and it will take a full 42 weeks to recover. The good news is Marc is a true sophomore, so he will not lose eligibility by sitting out next year and getting completely healthy. The bad news is that losing Marc hurts our defensive secondary.

I know some of you are out there laughing. Marc is a horrible punt returner, and I think the world knows that. Still, he's been a starter at corner all year, and has really be reliable. Marc and Bart Serra's injury leaves our secondary very weak. Stepping into the first team defense for the second half and perhaps the rest of the regular season is freshman Roy Dalzell. Mark Braun becomes the nickel corner, but we have no depth beyond that, other than walk ons.

Redshirt freshman DT Horace Bean, a starter, will miss the rest of the game with a torn ligament in his left thumb. Senior Artie McKenzie, out of Munford, TN, will take his spot in the second half.

Despite the injuries, we've done well for the half. It's obvious Coach Fulmer is happy with our overall performance.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:49 AM   #328
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Maybe your next dynasty should be : AE, walk-on cornerback ???
Old 02-03-2004, 09:52 AM   #329
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Vanderbilt takes the kickoff to open the second half and drives down to their own 36, where they are forced to punt. The 36 yard punt is taken by J.B. Brewster and returned 14 yards to the UT42.

1st and 10, UT. 12:53 left in the 3rd.

Option left is the call on first down, and the defense ignores me. I turn upfield immediately and gain 8 before I'm tackled. A counter to the right gives Brewster a yard. 3rd and 1 and Brewster is crushed in the backfield for a 2 yard loss.

A look to the sideline...we're going for it.

We set the offense up, but T Spangler rocks. Flags fly and we're pushed back 5 yards. Now the punt team comes out onto the field.

Wheeler shanks the ball; 33 yards to the Vandy 23. The return nets 5, but an illegal block is called on the Commodores. With the penalty, they're sent back to the 17 yard line.

10:35 left in the 3rd; UT 24, Vandy 0.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:56 AM   #330
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies
Maybe your next dynasty should be : AE, walk-on cornerback ???

LOL, I hadn't thought of that. Braun's a senior with no eligibility, so he's gone. Billmaier's certain to miss next year.

I'm stunned; UT didn't recruit any corners this year. They'll be hating life next year, that's for sure.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:03 AM   #331
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Vanderbilt's offense is shut down quickly and the 33 yard punt rolls out of bounds at the Vanderbilt 46.

I suppose it's better than kicking to J.B.

1st and 10, Vols. 9:06 left in the 3rd.

Option left, and this time I'm forced to pitch to Brewster. He finds a seam and gains 14 yards.

We come back with play action, and I look for Everett. The rush puts pressure on me, and I hurry my throw. The result is an incomplete pass. 2nd and 10, and Brewster nets 4 up the middle.

3rd and 6; and we send Brewster in motion. He stops on the curl route, and I throw the ball in his direction. The defense was prepared and a safety comes in to bat the all away.

4th and 6; ball on the 28. We look to the sideline. Again, we're going for it. Brewster up the middle; breaks a tackle at the line, but only gains 3.

The ball goes over on downs, and Vandy takes over on their 25 yard line.

7:38 left in the 3rd; UT 24, Vandy 0.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:23 AM   #332
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The Commodore O goes 3 and out. The punt is a very nice 43 yard punt that sends Brewster scrambling back to the UT 31 yard line, where he calls a fair catch.

1st and 10, UT; 6:28 left in the 3rd.

Brewster runs off left guard for 4 on 1st down, and gets 5 on 2nd down as well. However, a holding call sends us back; 2nd and 16 now from the UT25.

FB Willie Jordan goes in motion, and it creates some confusion amongst the defense. The fake to Brewster sucks in the linebackers, and the lob over the middle to Jordan nets 10 yards. At least it's a more manageable 3rd and 6.

Option right is the call, and Vanderbilt strings us out. I'm forced to pitch and Brewster finds a hole. He darts upfield for a gain of 23 yards.

FIRST DOWN, TENNESSEE! The ball now resting on the Vandy 42.

Back to the play action, and I look for Kolodzik over the middle. I get the pass to him but it's dropped, and a flag comes in. Defensive pass interference. All right! Another 1st, and we're at the 32 now. The defense gives us another 5 when they jump offside before the next play, and we didn't even use a long count.

The ball now on the 27, we send Brewster in motion towards Everett. He cuts back to the middle of the field on a slant, and I find him open underneath the coverage. He's stopped after a total gain of 10 yards, 1st and 10 at the 17 yard line.

Brewster goes up the middle twice, once for 3, the next time for 5. 3rd and 2 at the 9, and the play action up the middle works like a charm. Kolodzik slides across the field unnoticed, and my floating pass falls into his hands. He scores with no Commodore remotely close to him.

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!

Alston adds the XP, and life is good in Knoxville.

2:50 left in the 3rd; UT 31, Vandy 0.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:28 AM   #333
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Vanderbilt's offense starts at the 19 after the kick return, but it goes backward. A holding call and a sack force the team to punt from their own 5. The punt is 31 yards, but Brewster is unable to get more than 2 yards on the return. Unfortunately, a block in the back will send UT to the Vanderbilt 49 yard line.

1st and 10, UT. 1:17 left in the 3rd.

Mason in the backfield with me this time, and I send him in motion this time. The ball goes to him on the out route, and he gains 10 before going down. Brewster comes back in and gains 5 off left tackle and then 6 off left guard to finish out the 3rd quarter.

End of the 3rd. UT 31, Vandy 0.

Last edited by Poli : 02-03-2004 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:50 AM   #334
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Other games in the SEC:

End of the 3rd:

#7 Georgia 28, South Carolina 20. TV4

Kentucky 14, #20 Florida 28.

#16 Alabama 21, #4 Arkansas 6. TV3

Auburn 15, Mississippi State 0.

LSU 21, Ole Miss 7.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:05 AM   #335
Poli
FOFC Survivor

1st and 10 at the Vandy 28, and the ball goes to J.B. Brewster. He takes the handoff up the middle for a gain of 4, and then trots off to the sideline, amidst cheers from the Vol faithful.

Apparently, he's just gone over 200 yards on the day.

Mason in now, and he stuffed for no gain on a pitch to the right.

3rd and 6, and I'm forced to scramble for 2 after no one was able to get open. 4th and 4 at the 22 yard line and Coach Fulmer sends Alston out for the FG attempt.

He nails the 39 yarder.

12:59 left in the game; UT 34, Vandy 0.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:14 AM   #336
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Vanderbilt goes 3 and out again, and this time we send RB Aaron Greene back to return. He makes a 10 yard return to the Vandy 38, but another block in the back call pushes our offense back to the UT 43.

1st and 10 Vols; 11:13 left in the game.

Brandon Mason in the backfield...and he becomes the workhorse. He finds the hole on a trap up the middle for 18, then takes a pitch off right end for 8. He nets another 1st down up the middle, this time for 11.

1st and 10 at the Vandy 20 yard line. Mason up the middle for 3 more, and then off right guard for 7. On first down we run a play action pass, and Prescott opens up down the sideline for a gain of 8.

2nd and goal at the 2. Mason plunges over the line off right tackle for the touchdown!

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!!

Alston adds the extra point.

8:33 left in the game; Tennessee 41, Vanderbilt 0.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:17 AM   #337
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Other games in the SEC:

End of the 3rd:

#16 Alabama 21, #4 Arkansas 6. TV3

WHAT
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 11:21 AM   #338
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman
WHAT

LOL
Old 02-03-2004, 11:29 AM   #339
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The Commodores are again shut down and forced to punt. This time Greene gains 9 on the return, with no flag!

1st and 10 at the Vandy 43. 6:28 left in the game.

Mason plunges off right tackle for 2, and a screen to Jordan nets 8 for the 1st down. Mason goes up the middle for 5, and then 7 on a pitch to the left. Holding, however, is called on the play, and we're backed up to the Vandy 38. 2nd and 15.

We throw another screen to Jordan, who gains 5 yards this time. Mason finds a hole over left guard on 3rd and 10, good for 11 and the first down!

The crowd erupts in cheers, and I turn to see why. J.B. Brewster is headed back out onto the field.

A fade to Brewster off motion is called, but I underthrow the ball and it falls incomplete. Vanderbilt jumps offside before the next play, giving us 5 free yards, and then J.B. takes 4 on a pitch left.

3rd and 1, and J.B. wants to score. Pitch right is the call, but the Commodores are all over it. Brewster loses 3 yards and Alston comes onto the field.

He nails a 33 yarder.

1:47 left in the game; UT 44, Vandy 0.

Vandy returns the kick, and their #2 QB is now in. Vanderbilt seems content to let this game die out, and ends the game from there.

Final. Tennessee 44, Vanderbilt 0.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:36 AM   #340
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Other games in the SEC:

FINALS:

#7 Georgia 42, South Carolina 23. TV4

Kentucky 28, #20 Florida 31.

#16 Alabama 23, #4 Arkansas 15. TV3

Auburn 25, Mississippi State 3.

LSU 28, Ole Miss 17.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:50 AM   #341
Poli
FOFC Survivor

J.B. Brewster is given the game ball for his performance. The victory was sweet, but now we'll be going on the road to Alabama and then to Georgia.

Tough times lie ahead.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:53 AM   #342
Poli
FOFC Survivor

SEC Players of the Week:

Offense: RB J.B. Brewster, Tennessee. 38 carries, 208 yards, 3 TD.

Defense: OLB Charles Welch, Alabama. 8 tackles, 2 assists, 3 sacks.

Other UT mentions:

QB Ardent Enthusiast

RB Brandon Mason

C Kevin Peters
Old 02-03-2004, 11:56 AM   #343
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Damn, I missed halftime. I couldn't get my suit to stop malfunctioning...
Old 02-03-2004, 11:59 AM   #344
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thankfully, you didn't go on the field with it "malfunctioning". Children are watching, you know.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:13 PM   #345
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Other games in the SEC:

FINALS:

[B#16 Alabama 23, #4 Arkansas 15. TV3[/b]
^#%$%$#@$
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 04:49 PM   #346
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Thankfully, you didn't go on the field with it "malfunctioning". Children are watching, you know.

When a fart lighting suit malfunctions, it can quickly turn into a hotdog roaster.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:32 PM   #347
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Game stats: Vanderbilt @ Tennessee

Code:
Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int 15 AE 19 15 127 6.6 11 1 1 Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 48 Brewster 38 208 5.4 24 3 49 Mason 10 67 6.7 18 1 15 AE 3 5 1.6 8 0 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 49 Mason 4 32 8.0 15 10 0 43 Prescott 3 22 7.3 8 10 0 48 Brewster 3 31 10.3 7 11 0 32 Jordan 3 23 7.6 20 10 0 82 Everett 1 10 10.0 5 10 0 91 Kolodzik 1 9 9.0 11 9 1 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 2 Wheeler 3 125 41.6 51 0
Old 02-03-2004, 09:54 PM   #348
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Season statistics: Tennessee Vols

Code:
Player Pos Team GP GS Att Cmp Pct Yards Avg Lg TD Int Sck Yards Rating AE QB TENN 8 8 177 128 72.3 1533 8.66 34 14 3 8 46 167.7 Schroeder, Terry QB TENN 1 0 10 6 60.0 83 8.30 24 1 0 2 10 162.7 Schneider, Neal QB TENN 3 0 15 7 46.6 84 5.60 20 1 0 0 0 115.7 Player Pos Team GP GS Att Yards Avg Lg TD Brewster, J.B. RB TENN 8 8 272 1320 4.8 51 17 Mason, Brandon RB TENN 8 0 71 454 6.3 74 4 Schroeder, Terry QB TENN 1 0 5 9 1.8 19 0 AE QB TENN 8 8 35 43 1.2 11 0 Castleberry, Terry WR TENN 8 0 2 24 12.0 22 0 Schneider, Neal QB TENN 3 0 3 9 3.0 8 1 Bedford, Terrell RB TENN 8 0 5 16 3.2 6 0 Everett, Steven WR TENN 8 8 5 -1 -0.2 6 1 Player Pos Team GP GS Targ Ctch Yards Avg YAC Lg TD Brewster, J.B. RB TENN 8 8 33 25 245 9.8 113 18 2 Mason, Brandon RB TENN 8 0 32 23 230 10.0 134 23 1 Everett, Steven WR TENN 8 8 28 18 271 15.0 115 28 3 Prescott, Roman FB TENN 8 8 26 17 158 9.2 106 18 0 Witt, Dominic TE TENN 5 5 26 17 222 13.0 140 28 4 Kolodzik, Thomas TE TENN 8 3 18 14 263 18.7 158 34 4 Jordan, Willie FB TENN 8 8 15 13 105 8.0 66 14 0 Castleberry, Terry WR TENN 8 0 18 10 145 14.5 65 29 1 Witt, Monty TE TENN 6 0 4 3 50 16.6 32 24 1 Bedford, Terrell RB TENN 8 0 2 1 11 11.0 1 11 0 Player Pos Team Punt Yards Avg Lg In20 Wheeler, Daniel P TENN 23 887 38.5 51 15

Last edited by Poli : 02-03-2004 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:03 PM   #349
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Next up: Alabama, at Alabama. They just beat #4 Arkansas. This is NOT good.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:38 PM   #350
tucker342
Pro Starter

Where do Brewster's stats rank nationally?
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote