Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-08-2004, 10:03 PM   #401
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Other games in the SEC:

#14 Florida (6-2, 5-1) @ Vanderbilt (3-6, 1-5).

Kentucky (1-8, 0-6) @ South Carolina (3-5, 1-5).

#24 Alabama (5-3, 3-3) @ Central Florida (2-7).

Troy State (2-7) @ Mississippi State (4-5, 3-4).

The SEC East is a dogfight, as it usually is. Tennessee is undefeated in conference play (6-0), with Georgia and Florida (both 5-1 in conference) close behind. All other SEC East teams have been eliminated.

Should Georgia win today, they would have to travel to Florida and beat the Gators. Today's match is big for the Bulldogs. If they should win, they'll have a bigger battle in Gainesville.

A loss today would put three teams in a tie, with two of the teams finishing with one loss (assuming, as I am, that we can beat South Carolina next week) at the end of the season. If it's UT and Florida, I'd assume we would with the East. If it's UT and Georgia, I'd assume Georgia wins the East.

That said, it's a must win for either team. No wonder ESPN is here.

The SEC West is that much more complicated. Just two weeks ago it appeared Arkansas was going to run away with it. Two SEC losses later, they're second behind Auburn.

Auburn is 5-1 in conference play but has to play Arkansas at home and Alabama on the road.

Arkansas is 4-2, and has to travel to fight for the top spot in the SEC West next week. The week after isn't a cake walk either, as LSU comes to town to visit the Hogs.

LSU is also 4-2 in conference, hosting an eliminated MSU team and then traveling to Arkansas.

Alabama is still alive, but likely won't be for long. A loss to Ole Miss next week or a victory by Auburn eliminates the Tide; much less the season finale against Auburn in Tuscaloosa.

I'm very happy with the level of competition in the SEC. We've done a good job of beating up on each other for the season. So far, we've managed to stay undefeated. I hope we stay that way today.

Last edited by Poli : 02-09-2004 at 09:01 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 10:10 PM   #402
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Changes to our lineup:

TE Monty Witt slides back in as the backup TE, and walk on Ralph Meier is the 3rd string.

WR Steven Everett will play, but won't start or return kicks. Starting will be senior Terry Castleberry (for the first time ever).

The main returner for both kick and punt returns will be our star, J.B. Brewster. Behind him will be WR Keith Grier; I'm hoping to get the ball into his hands a little more than he has so far (none) this season.

Despite coaching recommendations, CB Bart Serra won't start today's game, but who knows, he might play. CBs Michael Dudgeon and true freshman Roy Dalzell get the nods instead. Serra's injury appears to still be serious, and I don't want to risk injury like I mistakenly did with TE Dominic Witt.

DT Horace Bean DNP last week, and is not expected to play this week. He, CB Bart Serra, and WR Steven Everett did practice, however, throughout the week. It's conceivable we could play him in a pinch.

It's about time for kickoff. Time to suit up!
Old 02-09-2004, 06:52 AM   #403
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Sure taking a long time to suit up, AE

This should be a very interesting game, with your run heavy offense going against the best running D in the nation...

Go Vols !
Old 02-09-2004, 08:15 AM   #404
Poli
FOFC Survivor

LOL. I'm up. Therefore, the game will be as well after I get some liquids in me.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:19 AM   #405
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We come out from the locker room and jog out to our sideline, where we meet with the team captains. We've won the toss, and of course, elected to receive. J.B. Brewster and Keith Grier head out to take the kick off. We're about to get rolling.

The Bulldog kicker sends the ball to the 5 yard line, and Brewster takes off like he has a purpose. He gains 36 yards before a safety finally drops him. 1st and 10, UT at their own 41!

Brewster remains on the field; but he already knows what play we'll call. We had talked about it before the game.

I turn to the rest of the team and call, "Power I right, split right, option right on 2, on 2". We head out to our positions and I let Brewster know we're going right when I get to him.

Georgia's defense is in a 34 look, and we had a lot of trouble with that last time. This could be a long day for the Vols.

Breathe in, breathe out. OK. Let's go. I take the snap, and head right. We block the end, but the OLB comes crashing down on me. Automatic pitch. Brewster takes the pitch and scampers upfield where the LB shoulda, woulda been, and gains 18 yards on the play.

First down! That wasn't too hard, was it? The huddle is full of excitement, but Brewster silences the talk as I get the play from the sideline. I turn back to the huddle and say,

"Power I left, split right, 28 toss on 1, on 1, ready, break!"

With that we head out to our assignments. Brewster is going to take a pitch to the left side. I take the snap, he takes the pitch. TE Thomas Kolodzik pinches down on the OLB, and a gaping hole appears. A corner comes up to fill, but Brewster breaks his tackle with ease. He's finally dragged down by a safety 13 yards downfield.

Two plays, two first downs! Ball on the Georgia 28. The crowd has lost it's momentum.

We go back to the option right, but this time the defense is ready for it. I pitch to Brewster late, and he gains only a yard alongside the sideline. On 2nd down, we go with a play action pass, and I look for WR Terry Castleberry on a post pattern, he's wide open and I feed him the ball. He makes the catch at the 18, and he's not brought down until he gets to the 3 yard line!

First down, Tennessee! The small Tennessee crowd erupts in cheers! We're in the Orange Zone!

We call option right for the third time in 5 plays, and it works like a charm. Georgia stretches out the play, and a late pitch sends J.B. Brewster diving over the right sideline pylon. Referee's call: TOUCHDOWN!!!

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!! K Ray Alston adds the extra point, and the crowd is stunned.

11:49 left in the 1st; Tennessee 7, Georgia 0.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:30 AM   #406
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The chatter on the sideline begins about what we saw and how to best attack it. Before I know it, we're being beckoned back onto the field. Safety J.R. Blades just intercepted a pass at midfield and returned it to the Georgia 22 yard line. Time to get to work!

A quick look at the clock; 9:25 left in the quarter.

First down, and we're going to try and get the Bulldogs on misdirection. Not only that, but with a different ball carrier; me. Fake to Brewster to the right, and I spin around and head upfield myself to the left with the ball. It works rather well; the defense doesn't react quickly to me and I gain 8 yards. 2nd down; and a trap up the middle just didn't work. J.B. loses 2 yards on the play. 3rd and 4 at the 16 yard line. I look to TE Thomas Kolodzik, but I'm flushed from the pocket. Kolodzik breaks his pattern and heads to the endzone. I try and loft it there, but end up throwing the ball into the hedges.

4th down. K Alston comes out to attempt a 33 yard field goal, and he makes it easily.

8:00 left in the 1st; Tennessee 10, Georgia 0.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:41 AM   #407
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We're back on the sideline talking away about what we want to do, and AGAIN we're called for. This time, safety Melvin Briggs came up with the interception at the Georgia 27. He returned it to the 4 yard line before getting knocked out along the sideline.

GOAL LINE! Witt replaces Castleberry in the lineup and we get a power run play called.

It works like a charm. The shell shocked Georgia defense nearly rolls over as J.B. Brewster scores his 2nd touchdown of the day off left guard.

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!! Alston adds the XP.

6:51 left in the 1st; Tennessee 17, Georgia 0.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:43 AM   #408
MountNittany
n00b

Sounds like we're going to hear Rocky Top an awful lot today!
Old 02-09-2004, 09:50 AM   #409
Poli
FOFC Survivor

This time we're afforded some time on the sideline; Georgia actually goes 3 plays and out, and is forced to punt. Brewster goes back for the return, and fields the ball at the UT 43. His 4 yard return puts us at our own 47 yard line; 5:08 left on the clock.

Play action to TE Kolodzik works well; he gains 14 yards. We drop back looking deep for Castleberry on the next play, and it's complete down the sideline! A flag was thrown, however, and it's a holding call against us. The spot foul makes it 1st and 23 back on our own 48 yard line. The worst part is Castleberry is favoring his right knee after the hit he took and is going to the sideline.

Another pass call, and we're hoping to gain back some of the yardage we lost on the holding call. I'm dropped for a sack, however, by two defensive linemen from my blind side. Make it 2nd and 29.

Coach Fulmer is disgusted with our line's play and calls for two straight traps up the middle. Brewster gains 8 yards on the plays combined, and it sets up a 4th and 21 at the 50 yard line.

I don't even look. I know the punt team is coming out. I feel sorry for our offensive line when they get to the sideline.

P Daniel Wheeler drops a 39 yard punt down to the 11 yard line, where a Bulldog signals fair catch.

2:40 left in the 1st; Tennessee 17, Georgia 0.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:55 AM   #410
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Our defense responds to the field position by forcing the Bulldogs back to their own 5 yard line over 3 plays, and the Bulldogs are forced to punt. The 29 yard punt is fielded by Brewster at the 34 yard line. He breaks a tackle and heads up the sideline, where he's finally stopped at the 13 yard line. A 21 yard return!

First and 10, UT, at the Georgia 13 yard line. 48 seconds left in the 1st quarter.

Brewster goes off left guard for 5, and then comes out for a breather. Mason takes a pitch right for a yard to end the first quarter.

End of the 1st quarter. Tennessee 17, Georgia 0.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:59 AM   #411
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Other games in the SEC:

End of the 1st quarter:

#14 Florida 14, Vanderbilt 14.

Kentucky 14, South Carolina 7.

#24 Alabama 7, Central Florida 7.

Troy State 7, Mississippi State 7.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:03 AM   #412
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We head to the other end of the field to start the 2nd quarter, and we call a bit of a different play here.

Mason is still in the ball game, and we send him in motion. This time, we fake to Prescott (who's never carried the ball at UT), and then send Mason across the goal line on a crossing route.

He's open. I feed him the ball, but Mason drops it! Oh no!

I look to the sky. What happened?!?

I know Alston and company are coming out, so I head to the sideline. Mason makes his rounds; apologizing for the dropped ball.

Alston adds the 24 yard FG, so some of the damage is undone.

14:44 left in the half; Tennessee 20, Georgia 0.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:07 AM   #413
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The defense continues to play lights out, and the Georgia offense can't get on track. They're moving backwards instead of forwards. This time the punt comes from the 8 yard line. Brewster fields the 30 yard punt and makes a 9 yard return to the Georgia 29 yard line.

Another drive with great field position!

Pass play on first down, and we're looking deep. Unfortunately, Georgia had other plans. Their right end beat Spangler and hit me as I was winding up to throw. The ball popped loose, and a Georgia lineman recovered the ball. His short return gives the Bulldogs the ball at their own 44 yard line.

What a bummer. I hang my head in shame.

12:16 left in the half; Tennessee 20, Georgia 0.

Last edited by Poli : 02-09-2004 at 10:08 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:19 AM   #414
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Fortunately, the defense doesn't let me down; and keeps my turnover from being reflected on the scoreboard. They force a 3 and out. The punt is fielded by Brewster at the UT 18 yard line, where he calls a fair catch. 10:48 left in the half.

Brewster carries up the middle for 3, and then off right guard for 10. The hole was created by TE Kolodzik, who annihilated an ILB. 1st and 10, and we call for screen pass to RB Brandon Mason. It falls incomplete as the play was broken up, and I'm thrown to the ground after I got rid of the ball.

Penalty flags come flying.

Roughing the passer! FB Roman Prescott comes over to help me up off the field, and I feel like I need a good back popping now.

The penalty gives us a 1st down at the UT 46.

Brewster back in, and we send him in motion. I float a ball out to him on an out route, and he turns it into an 18 yard gain. Castleberry comes in, and he looks like he's in pain. We call for a hitch pattern to him, but he drops the ball.

I'm getting tired of these dropped balls!

2nd and 10 on the Georgia 36, and I'm looking for Brewster on a post pattern. I'm flushed from the pocket, and I short arm the ball to Brewster, incomplete. 3rd down, and Everett is in the game. I lob the ball his way on a fade route and he comes down with the ball. He's finally brought down at the 13 yard line!

1st and 10 at the 13, and Mason comes in for Brewster. We call the crossing play we ran earlier, but this time the defense looks familiar with the play. The ball is batted down easily.

2nd down, and a screen to Brewster nets 9 yards. 3rd and 1, and we go for power football, off the left side, our strong side. Georgia was all over it. Brewster was dropped for a loss of 2 on the play.

FG unit heads out onto the field again, and Alston adds the 23 yard FG to the score.

7:22 left in the half; Tennessee 23, Georgia 0.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:24 AM   #415
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

AE: You've learned the final lesson of being a big time college QB.. it's always someone else's fault
Old 02-09-2004, 10:26 AM   #416
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The defense forces another 3 and out, but this time the punt rolls out of bounds at the UT 48 yard line.

A pass to Prescott in the flat misses the mark. I didn't have enough zip on the ball.

We call the fake to Brewster with me countering to the left, and it works for 4, but as I'm spun down on the tackle I lose the ball, AGAIN. Georgia recovers at their own 48 yard line.

Two turnovers; I'm glad we're winning by quite a bit. I'd hate to be the reason we lose this one.

5:17 left in the half; Tennessee 23, Georgia 0.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:27 AM   #417
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
AE: You've learned the final lesson of being a big time college QB.. it's always someone else's fault

Yep. Better blocking and better catching would help.

AE is just one man, I can't do it all.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:36 AM   #418
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Despite the good field position. The Bulldog offense can't get right. They end up punting from their own 25 yard line (!), and a fair catch is called on the punt at the UT 47 yard line, with 4:15 left in the half.

We go back to what worked earlier, the option. Brewster takes a pitch up the left sideline for 11. He then goes up the middle for 2 yards.

2nd and 8; and I try to find TE Kolodzik over the middle. It's tipped, though. 3rd down on the UGA 40, and Mason scampers for 11 on a screen and nets a first down!

Brewster back in and back up the middle for 3. We shuttle Mason back in for a screen pass, and he gains another 11 yards. The ball now rests on the 15 yard line.

Option left, and the defense ignores me. I cut upfield quickly for 5 yards. 50 seconds left in the half.

Mason takes the ball off left tackle for 8 yards to the 2 yard line. I call time out as the clock reads 38 seconds.

A lob to the endzone for Kolodzik, and he's wide open. NO!! He's tripped up as he goes for the ball. Flags fly, defensive pass interference.

Ball on the 1 yard line now, 28 seconds on the clock. Brewster takes it up the middle and follows Prescott into the endzone.

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!! Alston adds the extra point.

Georgia finishes out the first half by running out the clock.

Half time. Tennessee 30, Georgia 0.

ed note: I'll post the 2nd half after school tonight. I need to prep my uniform and such for now.

AE
Old 02-09-2004, 10:39 AM   #419
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Other games in the SEC:

Half time:

#14 Florida 24, Vanderbilt 14.

Kentucky 17, South Carolina 7.

#24 Alabama 14, Central Florida 20.

Troy State 14, Mississippi State 10.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:21 PM   #420
MountNittany
n00b

i'd say stick a fork in Georgia, they're done!
Old 02-09-2004, 05:14 PM   #421
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The locker room was full of commotion. We've had some stellar play out of our defense and there was a lot of patting on backs on their side. Someone pointed out that the Georgia QB has only completed one pass to a Bulldog player for the game, and that was his first pass of the game.

Our side, well, I'm glad we put up 30. Quite honestly, I feel we've struggled since the first drive to really put anything together. Sacks, a holding call, dropped passes and general all around pressure from the defense have really slowed us down.

Not to mention my two fumbles. In my defense, if I'm not sacked on one play, I'd have just one fumble thus far.

I'd say we should have 42 points easy. Fortunately, I don't believe Georgia has 30 points in them for the 2nd half.

--------------------
Quite a few fans took the opportunity to leave their seats at half time, and few have bothered to return.

Alston kicked a lot of grass and a little football as he nearly missed the ball. The result was a kickoff fielded at the 12 yard line. The returner danced his way through the kick off team, until my roommate Aaron Moser took him down at the Georgia 46.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:25 PM   #422
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountNittany
i'd say stick a fork in Georgia, they're done!

Aw man, that sounds like a jynx if ever I've heard one.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 05:28 PM   #423
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Georgia's drive is short lived as they tried to isolate MLB Mitch Briggs on a back out of the backfield down the sideline.

The play worked, in theory. Briggs was out there, man to man. However, as many of you know, Briggs is a intercepting machine at MLB, and he picks the ball of at the UT32. The back brings him down immediately.

First down, Tennessee! 13:38 left in the 3rd. Ball on the UT32.

J.B. Brewster explodes into the 2nd half, with a 21 yard gain on the first play from scrimmage over left guard. We run play action on 2nd down, and it doesn't work. I end up scrambling for 2 yards on the play. Brewster gains 6 on a pitch left, setting up a 3rd and 2 at the Georgia 39.

"Looks like a good place to run an option," I think to myself, and indeed, that is the call. Option left, and the pitch to Brewster gets us 6 yards and a first down.

More power football, but Georgia stops this one, and Brewster is taken down for a yard loss. An option to the left doesn't do much better, as Brewster nets a yard. 3rd and 10, and we try a play action pass to Castleberry. He's gimpy but open, but I'm rushed and the pass sails ahead of him.

4th and 10, ball on the Georgia 33. A look to the sideline. We're given the green light. We'll stay on the field. Everett comes in for Kolodzik, and we'll go with two split ends. Dropback pass with both receivers trying to curl at the marker. I look to Everett, but he's double covered, and I turn to throw to Castleberry. Unfortunately, I was slow in my delivery and a defender was able to bat the ball away.

The ball goes over on downs. Dang it.

9:53 left in the 3rd; Tennessee 30, Georgia 0.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:35 PM   #424
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Our defense responds again, and this time I look to the scoreboard as it flashes a message: The Georgia QB is now 1 of 17 passing on the day. Even I haven't been that bad.

The defense sends Georgia back to their own 22, where they send off a 26 yard punt. Brewster calls a fair catch at the Georgia 48 yard line.

8:44 left in the 3rd.

We come back to the play action, looking for Kolodzik over the top, but again I'm rushed and miss the receiver. On 2nd down, I try to hit Castleberry on a slant, and I hit him, right in the hands, but the guy DROPPED the ball. 3rd and 10, and a flat pass to Brewster gains 12.

"Thank goodness" I think to myself. I was wondering if I'd ever complete another pass.

Brewster takes a pitch left for 4, and then rumbles to the Georgia 20 yard line on an option right for 12.

We try to get the ball to Castleberry, but he's in obvious pain as he's playing and the rush is forcing me to throw earlier than I want. I miss Castleberry completely. Brewster gains 5 on 2nd down off left guard, but Mason isn't as lucky off right guard and is stopped for no gain.

In comes the FG unit, and Alston converts the attempt into 3 points for the good guys.

5:56 left in the 3rd; Tennessee 33, Georgia 0.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:40 PM   #425
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Georgia actually mounts a drive this time, but it stalls at midfield. The 41 yard punt is fielded by Brewster at the 9 yard line, who makes a 4 yard return to the UT13.

3:19 on the clock.

Georgia gobbles up Brewster on a pitch right, and he loses a yard. A pass out to Mason on 2nd down falls incomplete as the rush of the defense forced me out of my comfort zone. 3rd and 11, and I'm sacked for a 7 yard loss. At least this time I hold onto the ball.

Unfortunately, Wheeler and company will be forced to punt from our own endzone, for the first time all year.

Wheeler kicks one of the side of his foot, and the punt goes 31 yards. The 1 yard return sets Georgia up with great field position at the UT 36 yard line.

1:48 left in the 3rd. Tennessee 33, Georgia 0.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:42 PM   #426
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Unbelievably, our defense stops them. The Bulldogs gain 2 yards, and elect to go for it on 4th down. The defense holds and we take over at our own 34 yard line to start the 4th quarter.

End of the 3rd quarter. Tennessee 33, Georgia 0.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:46 PM   #427
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Other games in the SEC:

End of the 3rd quarter:

#14 Florida 31, Vanderbilt 21.

Kentucky 17, South Carolina 14.

#24 Alabama 21, Central Florida 26.

Troy State 21, Mississippi State 10.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:58 PM   #428
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We don't start off the 4th quarter very well.

Mason drops a pass as he goes across the middle, and then my jump ball to TE Monty Witt is brought down, but by a Bulldog at the Georgia 9 yard line. Steve Grogan, eat your heart out. I just lofted the ball some 65 yards.

Unfortunately, my pass landed in the wrong hands and I'm off to the sideline.

Georgia moves the ball downfield 30 yards before punting and Keith Grier makes a fair catch at the Tennessee 27 yard line.

10:47 left in the game.

A flat pass to FB Willie Jordan is tipped away, and a slant pass to Steven Everett is blocked at the line. 3rd down and we try a screen to Jordan, which we complete, but Georgia drops him for a 2 yard loss on the play.

4th and 12 from our own 25 yard line, and Wheeler punts his worst punt yet. The 29 yard punt and subsequent 11 yard return give the Bulldogs a 1st and 10 at our own 43 yard line.

9:38 left in the game. Tennessee 33, Georgia 0.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:06 PM   #429
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The defense responds to the challenge and Georgia is forced to punt from their own 48 (we sent them back 9 yards!). Grier makes a 5 yard return to the Tennessee 27 yard line.

8:33 left on the clock.

Mason runs a trap off right guard for 9, and then off left tackle for 3. Brewster comes in and takes 5 off right tackle, and then a few penalties came in.

A delay of game and a false start send us back to the UT34, with a 2nd and 15. I complete a screen pass to TE Monty Witt for 4, and then we go over the top for Everett. The ball lands incomplete, but flags come in.

Defensive Pass Interference. 15 yards, 1st down!

The penalty gives us the ball at the Georgia 47 yard line.

Brewster runs off left tackle for no gain, and then we go to the air. I find TE Monty Witt over the middle for 12, and Everett down the sideline for 16. 1st and 10 on the 13 yard line.

Brewster runs for no gain up the middle, and a false start backs us up 5. Brewster takes a pitch left for 2, setting up a 3rd and 13 at the 16. The post pass to Everett is tipped away, and the FG team comes in.

Alston misses the 33 yard attempt, however, and we come away with nothing.

2:29 left in the game. Tennessee 33, Georgia 0.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:07 PM   #430
tucker342
Pro Starter

It's a good thing your defense is kicking so much ass... Not the best offensive performance...
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 06:13 PM   #431
Poli
FOFC Survivor

A cheer erupts from what is left of the Georgia crowd, and it wasn't for the missed FG.

Georgia's backup QB has finally entered the game.

He doesn't fare any better, throwing 3 incomplete passes and yielding to the punter.

Grier loses 5 on the return, and the ball is now spotted on the Georgia 47, with 1:20 left in the game.

A young Georgia defender jumps offside for 5 yards, and then true freshman RB Terrell Bedford gains 2 yards up the middle. On 2nd down, we try to get the ball to Bedford in the flat, but a defender tips the ball away.

3rd and 3, Mason is in the game. He goes in motion, and breaks open across the middle. I see him, but the rush forces me to move out of the way, and my pass is a second too late. I miss him completely.

4th and 3, just 5 seconds left on the clock, and Mason takes the ball off left tackle. He gains 4 on the play, and the game ends.

End of Game. Tennessee 33, Georgia 0.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:28 PM   #432
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Other games in the SEC:

Finals:

#14 Florida 52, Vanderbilt 21.

Kentucky 17, South Carolina 24.

#24 Alabama 34, Central Florida 33.

Troy State 28, Mississippi State 25.

Both Florida and Alabama stay alive. Florida now hopes for a UT loss next week against South Carolina, and needs to win against Georgia.

Alabama needs to win out and needs Auburn to lose the rest of their games.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:31 PM   #433
Poli
FOFC Survivor

As was previously mentioned, we didn't have a good day offensively. In fact, had it not been for the good kick and punt returns of Brewster and interceptions from the defense, it would have been a lot closer.

The rush from the Georgia defense was felt all day.

In fact, DE Doug Stanton picks up the game ball. It might as well have went to the entire defense.

Our only injury out of the game is to WR Terry Castleberry, who sprained his right knee. He'll be listed as doubtful for the South Carolina game and likely will miss the contest all together.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:39 AM   #434
Pro Rookie

Why do I have this feeling that this was a very close and hard fought game, but then look up at the scoreboard and see the score, 33-0 UT !!!
Old 02-10-2004, 09:06 AM   #435
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Well, we did only score 3 points in the 2nd half. I think that was a testament to the Bulldog defense. If those interceptions and short punts are converted to let's say decent punts of 40 yards, we're probably talking a much closer game. I'd guess 10-0 or something around there.

I was planning on posting the game stats and what not right now, but I've got 1 hour till a eye appointment, and I have to be in uniform when I go (I just woke up). The stats will be posted when I get back. Which shouldn't be later than 11 am Central.

For what it's worth, I didn't have a great game.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:27 AM   #436
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
For what it's worth, I didn't have a great game.

I heard you would have troubles starting at QB for a flag football team. I still think UT should look to run a no QB offense. The DB's might respect the pass more that way.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #437
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Game stats: Tennessee @ Georgia

Code:
Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int 15 AE 33 12 158 4.7 24 0 1 Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 48 Brewster 29 138 4.7 21 3 15 AE 7 0 0.0 8 0 49 Mason 6 25 4.1 9 0 37 Bedford 1 2 2.0 2 0 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 48 Brewster 3 39 13.0 31 18 0 86 Witt 2 16 8.0 5 12 0 82 Everett 2 45 22.5 23 23 0 49 Mason 2 22 11.0 26 11 0 32 Jordan 1 -2 -2.0 0 -2 0 8 Castleberry 1 24 24.0 15 24 0 91 Kolodzik 1 14 14.0 6 14 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 2 Wheeler 3 99 33.0 39 1 And a little something extra: Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 15 AE 33 12 1 4 6 1 8 1
Old 02-10-2004, 12:21 PM   #438
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Season stats through 10 games:

Code:
Player Pos Team GP GS Att Cmp Pct Yards Avg Lg TD Int Sck Yards Rating Schroeder, Terry QB TENN 1 0 10 6 60.0 83 8.30 24 1 0 2 10 162.7 AE QB TENN 10 10 233 154 66.0 1898 8.14 40 14 5 11 65 149.9 Schneider, Neal QB TENN 3 0 15 7 46.6 84 5.60 20 1 0 0 0 115.7 Player Pos Team GP GS Att Yards Avg Lg TD Brewster, J.B. RB TENN 10 10 348 1653 4.7 51 22 Mason, Brandon RB TENN 10 0 81 504 6.2 74 4 Schroeder, Terry QB TENN 1 0 5 9 1.8 19 0 AE QB TENN 10 10 44 46 1.0 11 0 Schneider, Neal QB TENN 3 0 3 9 3.0 8 1 Castleberry, Terry WR TENN 10 1 3 22 7.3 22 0 Bedford, Terrell RB TENN 10 0 6 18 3.0 6 0 Everett, Steven WR TENN 10 9 6 0 0.0 6 1 Player Pos Team GP GS Targ Ctch Yards Avg YAC Lg TD Brewster, J.B. RB TENN 10 10 43 33 337 10.2 178 18 2 Mason, Brandon RB TENN 10 0 46 27 267 9.8 168 23 1 Everett, Steven WR TENN 10 9 41 26 444 17.0 165 40 3 Prescott, Roman FB TENN 10 10 28 18 169 9.3 114 18 0 Witt, Dominic TE TENN 6 5 26 17 222 13.0 140 28 4 Kolodzik, Thomas TE TENN 10 5 23 15 277 18.4 164 34 4 Jordan, Willie FB TENN 10 10 17 14 103 7.3 66 14 0 Castleberry, Terry WR TENN 10 1 24 11 169 15.3 80 29 1 Witt, Monty TE TENN 8 0 7 5 66 13.2 37 24 1 Bedford, Terrell RB TENN 10 0 3 1 11 11.0 1 11 0 Player Pos Team Punt Yards Avg Lg In20 Wheeler, Daniel P TENN 28 1066 38.0 51 17
Old 02-10-2004, 03:54 PM   #439
tucker342
Pro Starter

one word: ouch
Old 02-10-2004, 05:30 PM   #440
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yeah, I had a very bad day. Not near as bad as the Georgia offense, which musted 14 total yards, but still bad.

Guys, I'm heading out of town Friday morning and won't be back to Great Lakes until late Monday night.

I might play out the regular season finale against South Carolina and post it tonight/tomorrow, but anything after that will have to wait until I come back on Tuesday.

Couple that with the following Wednesday, where I might be heading home again until Sunday night. Emphasis on might, it's a rather unknown situation at this point.

Thoughts?
Old 02-10-2004, 10:30 PM   #441
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Don't leave us hangin!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 02:18 AM   #442
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Keep it up as best as you can.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:14 AM   #443
Pro Rookie

What ? Desertion in the middle of a mission ? That will get you shot young man !

just kidding of course, it's your dynasty. Do it your own way... We'll adjust...
Old 02-11-2004, 07:34 AM   #444
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Well, it appears likely I won't play South Carolina today. That said, it will be posted sometime Tuesday, I would imagine.

The good news is I'm all but certain to not go home the following Wednesday. This will allow me to finish out the season, and my career.

Old 02-11-2004, 05:48 PM   #445
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

No comin' home? What's good about that?

Todd
Old 02-11-2004, 07:38 PM   #446
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yeah, Todd, I figured you wouldn't like the news. It's all about the money at that point. We're a bit strapped for now. Maybe in March I can come home and hang out in Troy. We should be better off then.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:16 PM   #447
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Yeah, Todd, I figured you wouldn't like the news. It's all about the money at that point. We're a bit strapped for now. Maybe in March I can come home and hang out in Troy. We should be better off then.

No problem... March should be warmer.

Todd
Old 02-12-2004, 09:11 PM   #448
tucker342
Pro Starter

That's why you should join the NFL!
Old 02-12-2004, 09:54 PM   #449
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I know Ardent wouldn't make it in the NFL, but maybe NFL Europe, the CFL, or Arena Ball?

Heck, I'm sure Ardent would even give the XFL a shot.

Too bad those leagues don't have games.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:56 AM   #450
Pro Rookie

I know AE isn't in da house, but this thread is dropping way too fast... a little help finding the thread again...

(aka)

bump