Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-27-2004, 07:49 PM   #151
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

FYI, be careful with Seek Hull Down because if your armor doesn't find it, they'll keep right on going until they do (which is likely to carry them right into the teeth of the opposition).
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 07:51 PM   #152
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
FYI, be careful with Seek Hull Down because if your armor doesn't find it, they'll keep right on going until they do (which is likely to carry them right into the teeth of the opposition).
FYI, I advance them with that command only up to a point where I think hull down is possible. Not to worry.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:21 AM   #153
Blade
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
Blade:
I looked at your position again and you are actually a bit farther north than I thought. Due east of you is the northern end of the fence. Sir Fozzie's Pz-IVd's are in prime position to support you if you want to dash around the fence and then head for the woods on the other side. There is a significant hill/slope to your northeast which should cover that flank when you move out.

Sounds perfect! I would definitely prefer for my squad to dash around the fence and head for the woods...

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:39 AM   #154
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

We'll cover ya.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:32 AM   #155
DataKing
Pro Rookie

WSUCougar: Am I safe in assuming that all of the company's troops have completed their movements (my squad has caught up with Blade, the machineguns are set up, etc.)?

Currently waiting for a report from our spotter planes (screenies).
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 11:45 AM   #156
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing
WSUCougar: Am I safe in assuming that all of the company's troops have completed their movements (my squad has caught up with Blade, the machineguns are set up, etc.)?

Currently waiting for a report from our spotter planes (screenies).
Yeah, sorry about the delay with the images. Technical difficulties between Tasan and I (most likely my fault!).

Let's see...Calis has two squads deployed in the trees and his HQ and another squad still aboard the two Stugs, but in position. Blade is deployed and ready to make a dash forward (see above discussion posts). Samifan24's squads are all deployed in the woods on the right (southern) flank. Your HQ and HMGs are still in the trucks, right behind Samifan's position.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:06 PM   #157
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Okay, here we go!

North:

Sachmo's northern-most armored car:

And the command car:

Upper south area:

Lower south area:

Last edited by WSUCougar : 01-28-2004 at 12:15 PM.
WSUCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 12:10 PM   #158
Tasan
College Starter

Check your links for the last 2 Coug...I found another problem with the names and just fixed it...just drop the _ in both and put them all as one word.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:16 PM   #159
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Tasan gets the Kodak Meritorius Service Medal for his image efforts, and the Patience of Job Conduct Award for having to deal with a loon like me.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:22 PM   #160
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I would like to move further up the corridor towards SirFozzie.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:23 PM   #161
Tasan
College Starter

Hey I've got an idea for my pzIVs....Would it be feasable for me to swing down that corridor to the right, loop around through the field there back to the left, and come at things from that direction too? Maybe a halftrack or two could come with me? It doesn't look like ther eis anything down that corridor, so the going should be quick.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:27 PM   #162
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Afoci
I would like to move further up the corridor towards SirFozzie.
You and MrBug should discuss some possible drop areas for his mortar teams. That'll also free your halftracks up to roam and hunt a bit more.

Tasan: I think that's a great idea. Tucker342, you game?
Old 01-28-2004, 12:43 PM   #163
DataKing
Pro Rookie

There seems to have been some sort of mix-up, as my headquarters group and the machineguns were meant to catch up with the remainder of Blade's squad, rather than samifan24's. At any rate, what's done is done.

Myy squad and the machineguns will dismount and the machinegun teams will find themselves good firing positions (preferably to the left, to provide covering fire for Blade's troops as well). Platoon leaders, if your mortar teams aren't already dismounted and set up, do that ASAP. And The_Afoci, hurry up and get those tubes ready. We may need you sooner rather than later.

Platoon leaders, begin to move your infantry forward at your perogative. The panzers are beginning to move forward and haven't encountered any resistance yet, so things appear to be clear. Just make sure your support troops are properly deployed to provide support and covering fire if necessary.

Carry on.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 01-28-2004, 12:48 PM   #164
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing
There seems to have been some sort of mix-up, as my headquarters group and the machineguns were meant to catch up with the remainder of Blade's squad, rather than samifan24's. At any rate, what's done is done.
Yeah, I did that on purpose because of the heavy traffic (Pz-IVds and halftracks) heading toward Blade's position. It's a quick jaunt over there if you still want to go there.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:21 PM   #165
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Any of you northern guys want to chip in some input?
Old 01-28-2004, 03:25 PM   #166
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

DK, I believe I was just transporting the mortar team. I think I have a group of halftracks with some blaster cannons on them...
Old 01-28-2004, 03:29 PM   #167
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Any of you northern guys want to chip in some input?

Just waiting for some Russians here, Sire.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 03:35 PM   #168
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Afoci
DK, I believe I was just transporting the mortar team. I think I have a group of halftracks with some blaster cannons on them...
Your halftracks pack 37mm guns and are transporting MrBug708's three 81mm mortar teams, plus the 105mm artillery spotter (please treat him like the Golden Goose).

DK is referring to his three infantry platoon mortars, which are 60mm teams.

Last edited by WSUCougar : 01-28-2004 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:37 PM   #169
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Just waiting for some Russians here, Sire.
Sire?!?

You holding your halftracks at N-2 or did you want to advance?
Old 01-28-2004, 03:38 PM   #170
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I want to move up to the next group of trees directly east?? (up on the picture) of me. when I'm done, I want to be facing southward (toward everyone else), unless for some reason I engage from another direction.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 03:39 PM   #171
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sire?!?

You holding your halftracks at N-2 or did you want to advance?

I'll leave that to GoldenEagle, I'm going to hold because it's more congested that L.A. traffic right now. And I really want to see if any Ruskies spot RealDeal's advance, or if RealDeal spots any Ruskies.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 03:49 PM   #172
pskov
Mascot

WSU What is the line of sight like from my more advanced panzer's position?
pskov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 03:58 PM   #173
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskov
WSU What is the line of sight like from my more advanced panzer's position?
Lots of trees obstructing it. There are windows and lanes, but for the most part that whole section is clustered with wooded areas.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:07 PM   #174
Blade6119
Coordinator

My orders are to continue to field crossing, then advance to the objective flag on the right of the picture....hopefully i can get the first points for te team, and hopefully i can spill some russian blood!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 04:36 PM   #175
Calis
College Starter

Here comes the part I dreaded..crossing the field.

I'll be following along with the tanks across the field.

Are the Stugs blade6119's?

If so, seeing as how you still have my commander and a squad on there, mind if they hitch a ride to the farmhouse? Be nice to have a squad there to give some cover for the others approaching.

Just want to cross this field as quickly as possible.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 04:56 PM   #176
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Oops...my bad...I forgot who was the transporter and who was the transportee...

We need to get those 81mm mortars set up soon, as well as the 60s directly attached to the infantry. When the waves of Russian foot-sloggers show up, we're gonna need everything we've got.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 01-28-2004, 04:56 PM   #177
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis
Are the Stugs blade6119's?
Nope, kingfc22's.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:12 PM   #178
kingfc22
Head Coach

Calis, I have no problem giving you a ride to the house. At that point will you be dismounting? If so, I would then like to continue SE towards the large groupd of trees that are W of the southern most objective flag. At that time I will hull down and provide support for any ground troups making a run. Any thoughts?
Old 01-28-2004, 06:48 PM   #179
Calis
College Starter

That sounds good to me kingfc22. I plan on dismounting at the house for now. I just can't imagine us getting much further without getting into it. Think it might be safer for my boys to get out there.

If there's nothing there though...hmm, decisions.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 07:44 PM   #180
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Turn 4 Results

Turn 4 in-action images:

Duck, sachmo!

Travis gives it back!

The Luftwaffe joins in the fun with a Stuka attack!

Last edited by WSUCougar : 01-28-2004 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:40 PM   #181
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Turn 5 Orders

Status report (north-central):
We’re engaging at least two and likely three Russian tanks – one confirmed T-26, and then a possible T-26 and a possible T-34 right next to one another. Travis’ two tank-hunters are on the job; #1 already hit the unconfirmed T-26, and #2 is ready to fire from the road at the first T-26. Sachmo’s scouts and pskov’s Pz-IIIhs are shifting positions, while the pioneers are moving up.

RealDeal: Both halftracks are still “moving to contact” in the scattered trees (N-3). The ground is rising a bit here, and with the intervening trees it’s unknown whether you’ll see (or be scene by) the Russian tank(s).

GoldenEagle & Qwikshot: Your halftracks are halted in and behind the trees of N-2, with no line of sight to the enemy tanks.

pskov: Your Pz-IIIhs are stopped just south of N-2 and northwest of the rocky terrain. Their view of the Russians is also blocked by trees.

Travis: Heh. Interesting situation! Panzerjager #1 definitely popped that unconfirmed T-26, but so far it appears to still be live and kicking…and it’s lining up a shot at you. You are not hull-down, and at this range he can hurt you. Do you back away (perhaps to hull-down, it’s hard to say), or stand your ground and duel him? There’s also that possible T-34 lurking right there, too – him you DON’T want to mess with. Meanwhile, Panzerjager #2 looks ready to duke it out with the first T-26.

sachmo71: AC #2 is on the move, has the new T-26(?) spotted and can fire, though with little chance of hitting. The Russian is distracted by Travis, however. Your command vehicle is wriggling through the trees, and the other two are halted.

Status Report (South):
It’s still quiet, except for the remnants of that nasty barrage in the wheat field back at the start-up position. The tag-team of Calis, blade6119, and kingfc22 have reached the wooden building and have a pretty good drop on the upper south section of the map, but have spotted nothing. In the lower south, we’ve pressed ahead with substantial force and encountered nothing. There is a large and inviting wooded area that beckons there.

Calis, blade6119, and kingfc22: You’re all clumped around that wooden building. Although no Russians are evident, you present a tempting target. Better move.

The Afoci: Your halftracks are poised to move, behind SirFozzie’s tanks. MrBug, hold tight!

SirFozzie: Your two tanks are sitting at what looks like a key junction. I’d recommend coordinating your advance with Blade/DataKing, Tasan, and perhaps tucker342.

Tasan: PZ-IVd #9 is pulling that right-hook you wanted, which may well be key. #10 is still moving up.

Blade: Your boys are playing point, and a bit tired from their dash. I’d suggest holding this turn.

Samifan24: Your squads are still advancing, with two headed toward Tasan’s tank, one out farther right, the mortar moving up, and the HQ still in his halftrack.

Tucker342: You’ve got one halftrack on the extreme right, and then three in the midst of samifan24’s infantry advance.

DataKing: One HMG is set-up in samifan24’s old woods. He’s got a decent field of fire toward the building and woods in Blade’s immediate front. Your HQ and other HMg are still in their truck, with The Afoci’s halftracks.

Alright, gents. It's getting down to it.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:47 PM   #182
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I would like my command car to get into cover as quickly as possible, but to continue on mission (checking out the flank). I would like #4 to go BEHIND the small hill and prepare to follow #2 and the command car. #3 needs to hang out where he is, and wait for Travis to blow that Russian to hell and gone before nosing out from behind that house. I feel bad for the farmer if he's home!!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:52 PM   #183
Blade6119
Coordinator

my orders from last round remain the same...get across and hit that lone objective
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:50 AM   #184
Travis
Pro Rookie

Keep #1 engaged, we have enough help in the area that if he concentrates on me fully, he'll get taken out (I hope) by other elements before he can finish me off, and hopefully I have the range down and can pop him a few more times before he gets his aim right on track.

For #2, do I have any nearby hull down areas I can reach quickly, or is the duel pretty much ready to be engaged with the previously spotted T-26?
Old 01-29-2004, 12:52 AM   #185
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Let's advance, sire.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 01:04 AM   #186
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok guys.. I'm holding this junction.. anyone want to play leap frog?, or do you want me to move forward?
Old 01-29-2004, 01:25 AM   #187
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I want to continue moving to that next group of trees beyond N-3.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:28 AM   #188
Tasan
College Starter

Do I still have infantry on my tanks? If not, I'd like to sprint to the tree line right in front of me, then hold there til #10 catches up, maybe peaking around the treeline at down the field there, towards the objective back there. If I have infantry, is this a good time to drop them, and then do what I was wanting to?

Last edited by Tasan : 01-29-2004 at 02:30 AM.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 08:40 AM   #189
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

sachmo: For both the command car and #4, there will be a large, open field run (which #2 is currently doing) before there is any cover at all toward the north flank. Do you want to dash across at high speed, or a slower “advance to contact,” or “hunt” (armor/AT guns)? Also, advise on the angle of advance: the quickest route is pretty much due north, but that presents your flank to the Russian position. I can also specify an arc to cover with the turret if you wish.

Travis: For #2, I think you could go backward a bit for hull-down. FYI, it appeared that you were very close to firing when the minute ran out, but then the T-26 is aiming at you, too.

GoldenEagle & RealDeal: Details, man! Details! The more specifics you can give me the better. Destination, angle, speed, etc.

Tasan: No, the infantry has dismounted. And just to clarify, do you mean for tank #9 to dash ahead from his current set of trees?
Old 01-29-2004, 09:46 AM   #190
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Destination: toward the next sparse group of trees directly above N-3 on the map
Angle: facing up on the map (which I believe is east)
Speed: fast

Last edited by RealDeal : 01-29-2004 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:03 AM   #191
Blade
College Prospect

Quote:
Blade: Your boys are playing point, and a bit tired from their dash. I’d suggest holding this turn.

Understood and agreed.

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 10:05 AM   #192
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

The scouts will point their guns to the enemy, fire to distract if necessary, and haul ass by the most direct route across the field. We are looking for the enemy, but we aren't interested in a fight.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 12:43 PM   #193
Travis
Pro Rookie

If possible, with #2 then, let a shot fly, then head for hull down.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:16 PM   #194
Tasan
College Starter

Yeah, tank 9 lead, then wait for 10 when I get to where I'm going.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:15 PM   #195
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

WSU, is that the fearsome tag-team on the far left hand side of the picture? If so, I'd like to hope that Calis and Blade6119 would like to move East to that large group of trees.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:26 PM   #196
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I leave the fine details to my platoon commanders. They seem to have a good idea of their assigned objectives. If any of you need clarification, just let me know. And just a cautionary note; try not to let your individual squads get too spread out, so as to get out of command range.

For the HMGs, assuming the squad that is set up to the south will remain in command range, they should stay put for the time being. It may be at long range, but they can still make any Russian infantry that shows up keep their heads down while we continue to maneuver.

The other machinegun team (the one near my squad) should set up in the woods where we are now, which should give them a good field of fire on the open terrain to the left (straight up on the screenshot).

My squad will move southeast, trying to stay as close to the center of the entire formation as possible. I want to keep all of my lieutenants on command range if possible.

Carry on.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 01-29-2004, 06:33 PM   #197
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I would like to move up towards the trees in front of sirfozzie and blade. I think I should drop the artillery spotter and mortars though first.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:37 PM   #198
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
WSU, is that the fearsome tag-team on the far left hand side of the picture? If so, I'd like to hope that Calis and Blade6119 would like to move East to that large group of trees.

Hey king, thats us...but im unsure of where east is in your mind...want to tell me relative to the picture with just us in it?
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2004, 01:53 AM   #199
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Hey king, thats us...but im unsure of where east is in your mind...want to tell me relative to the picture with just us in it?

East would be to the far right of that picture which you can not see. In the 2nd picture there is a patch of about 7 trees or so just to the right of us. I was thinking we could advance there and then advance to the U-shaped cluster of trees and then take out the objective past that.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:08 AM   #200
pskov
Mascot

Advance at a steady speed around the rocky terrain towards the wall at the end of said rocky terrain, near the trees. If any los to enemy targets is aquired fire at will.
pskov is offline   Reply With Quote