Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-28-2004, 05:33 AM   #51
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
Soriun sleeps. Loudly.

Benton looks and the dwarf, and a smirk comes across his face. He then looks at Baldur, rolls his eyes and nearly laughs out loud. Then he lays back, and pretends to fall asleep immediately. However, his mind is racing over the significance of the lost scroll, and the numerous questions that it poses:

- What dangers lay ahead, and how worse will they be with another party following the same path.

- Who actually stoll the scroll and what sort of skills do they posess.

- Will we be forced to fight the other party regardless of how quicky we move.

- What of my companions, will they take a stand against the other party when the time comes.

- We really need to be first down the trail, a group of orcs can be difficult to defeat, but one who just lost a battle will be more ready for the second group following the path.

- How respectful will the other party members be of innocent bystandards in the wrong place at the wrong time?

After what seemed like a million concerns and question rolling through the paladin's mind. He really did drift off to sleep.

Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 09:01 AM   #52
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Benton awoke early in morning. In fact, so early it was still dark outside. He took a moment to try and determine his situation. Though he had slept in this very room several times, it wasn’t his normal surroundings and it always took him some time to orient himself. This time it was the dwarf’s snoring that reminded Benton of the task he would undertake in just a few short hours.

After much though, Benton decided if he remained in bed he would only toss and turn eventually disturbing Baldur and Soriun. He quietly got out of bed, dressed and walked out into the great hall to await the arrival of his equipment, the rising of his party mates, and the directions from Lord Pepsin on where the Ranger will be waiting.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:33 PM   #53
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

The dark, pre-dawn sky had mere hints of purple in it when the servants of Lord Pelspin rose and began their daily routine. Before the sun had broken above the horizon, most everything had been prepared and packed for the quest, and the five adventurers had been roused from their slumber. Benton, the familiar paladin, was up first on his own, but the others were gently awakened and bade prepare to leave at the lord’s request.

Vasheliave was waiting upon them in the entryway, if possible looking even scruffier than he had the night before. As the others shuffled in, he spoke in low tones to the paladin.

“I’ve spent much of the night seeking some sign of how the copied scroll might have been taken. As you know, this manor house is well-positioned, and entry must come via the main doors at the front and back, or through the servants’ entrance on the eastern side. A trusted servant sleeps – lightly, I might add – close by the servants’ door, and both the front and back entrances are routinely locked and barred at night. Two guards rotate patrols of the grounds, and reported nothing untoward. I would be very much surprised if illicit entry was gained at night.”

“Lord Pelspin is not one to treat such a scroll lightly; indeed, he is one to treat it with excessive caution and care, and thus for him to misplace it or otherwise lose the copy is also highly unlikely. As you know, he had the copy made from the original scroll held by the monk. The man who copied it is a scholar here in town…a long-time acquaintance of Lord Pelspin. I know of him only by his reputation - which is good, I might add - but he has been described to me as ‘unusual’ in his mannerisms…”

The captain hesitated, still pondering the question in his mind. “There are two possibilities that I can see at this point, although admittedly it is a leap to do even this. One, the scholar performed some manner of fast handiwork before he left. Lord Pelspin professes that once he saw the quality of the copy he did not keep a close eye on things as the scroll was allegedly put in its protective tube, and the tube was found empty. Still, that doesn't set quite right. The second possibility, and the one that I fear is closest to the truth at this point, is that magic was involved.”

Last edited by WSUCougar : 06-30-2004 at 01:33 PM.
WSUCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 06:20 AM   #54
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

At the sound of Vasheliave’s pronouncement “…that magic was involved.” Benton began to grit his teeth. He had not considered the possibility that a mage, or a bard skilled in wizardry might be the culprit of the theft. He simply assumed a breakdown in security, even a small one allowed a skilled thief to slip into the grounds and take the scroll.

Benton, smirks a little and says to Vasheliave, “Thank you friend for the update. This news, while unwelcome to my ears, may prove invaluable on my journey.”

Benton began running this news through his head, trying to determine what differences this might make.

Since, we are pursuing the Candle Mage it only makes since that a mage would be after it. It also stands to reason that any adventuring party would have at least 1 mage present - We do. Clearly the caster of the spell that stole the scroll had to be aware of it’s presence. Probably the scribe’s peculiarity caused his tongue to wag a bit to much, and to the wrong people.

Benton then mumbles to himself “What level of magic would be needed to perform a spell that causes a scroll to disappear from its protective tube and reappear in the caster’s hand? I’ll have to ask Baldur.”

Then he beings to think – hopefully Baldur’s skills match his opinion of his skills, because surely they will be put to the test before this journey is over.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:20 AM   #55
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Benton scratches his head, and chuckles as he realizes the party has been together less than 24 hours, and yet he has 2 conversations that need to take place - an apology to Puli and a question regarding wizardry for Baldur. Hopefully, one of the two will rise soon.

Last edited by Breeze : 07-01-2004 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:33 AM   #56
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Soriun sat down in a chair, running over the posibilities in his mind. Wizard magic? It was likely. Sneaky wizards were stealing things all of the time. He knew that if a wizard were thirsty enough for power, he would kill his own family.

He turned to Vasheliave.
"Who are the most likely suspects? Who would stand to gain the most from this theft?"

Last edited by sachmo71 : 07-01-2004 at 08:34 AM.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:30 AM   #57
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Benton looks at Soriun, "Ah, I see the dwarf uses his size and hearing to evesdrop well. That may come in handy, but regardless, it's an interesting question."

"Vasheliave, do you have a guess as to whom might have had knowledge of the scroll and enough interest to steal the item?"

Then Benton turns back to Soriun, "This question might be best posed to Lord Pepsin. He may have a better understanding of people with means to organize a quest, that may have interest in the Candle Mage."

Last edited by Breeze : 07-01-2004 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:24 PM   #58
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Looking momentarily askance at the dwarf, Vasheliave directed his reply to Benton. "I know not. The Rhyllans are always potential villains, as you must realize. The cursed Cranstonians and Saturnians are infamous meddlers in the magical arts. But knowledge of this Candle Mage? It could be anyone with an awareness of ancient Javadan history. Or that of Britau."
Old 07-02-2004, 05:18 AM   #59
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

"Unfortunately, that's what I thought you were going to say. How about this Ranger we'll be meeting. What do you know of him?"
Old 07-02-2004, 10:47 AM   #60
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I hope the rest of our party doesn't plan to sleep this late the rest of our adventure.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:29 PM   #61
MikeVic
Head Coach

Mavirr fidgeted while these conversations were going on. Not only was he disappointed that Puli did not share any stories when they awoke, but he was also now hungry. Mavirr turned to the heroes that were present, and spoke:

"So a wizard could have done this, and most likely did. Or it could have been a wizard working with someone else. Don't you wizards have some sort of invisibility spells?"

Mavirr turned towards Baldar as he asked this question, then turned back to look at the rest of the heroes.

"Whatever the case may be, friends, I think we should start moving towards our destination. We have to pick up that ranger sometime soon, don't we? Who knows if he'll be ready to go, or if we'll have to wait for him to get ready. Some of these rangers need quite a bit of time to get ready. Well, at least one ranger I've met. He could have been one-of-a-kind, but that's not a sure thing."

Mavirr pondered whether it's feasible for all rangers to take so long to get ready for a trip, or if he was just unlucky to meet the one ranger that does. He snapped out of a trance-like state after a few seconds, and continued to talk:

"Is there any more information that we need, Vash? And will you be accompanying us on our trip to pick up that ranger? What's his name anyway? Or have you told us and I forgot... no, that's not likely. I'd like to know his name so we at least know who we're looking for, if you don't mind. And if there's no more to be said, let's go off on our journey!"

Mavirr took the apple he got from last night's plate out of his pocket, and ate it quickly. He stood, facing the other heroes and Vash, and waited for a response.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:47 PM   #62
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Soriun harumphed. "If you think Rangers take a long time to get ready, Mavirr, take a dwarven lass for a wife. She'll need at least a day to comb out her beard, and then there is the selection of the clothes, and her shoes. You need more than a human lifespan to go anywhere!"
Old 07-06-2004, 11:33 AM   #63
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Guys,

I was all prepared to roll on this last night, but St. Louis just got hammered for hours by thunderstorms, and our power got zotted three times. Hopefully I can get to it tonight.

Please be ready to go tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.

Coug
Old 07-06-2004, 10:44 PM   #64
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Vasheliave snorted loudly at the questions regarding the ranger, casting a look at the paladin, then to the bard, and then finally down at the dwarf. He suddenly grinned.

“You’ve been the foreigner amongst us thusfar, Soriun the dwarf. Excepting the Kir monk, of course…he’s an easterner, and sticks out like a burbeast on its hindquarters. But the quest will get stranger still once you meet up with Kevan Firestorm. He’s a Wemic, if you’re familiar with the breed. A good lad, but odd to look at, as far as it goes. I reckon I’m no beauty myself, but you’ll see what I mean once you’re in his company. You can trust him, though.”

The captain paused to look around, surveying the status of the group. Puli was not present, and the wizard, Baldar, appeared to be dozing.

“We’ll be on our way shortly,” he said gruffly.

Last edited by WSUCougar : 07-07-2004 at 06:04 AM.
WSUCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 05:18 AM   #65
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

"I thought Monks were light sleepers that typically rose before the sun to say their daily morning prayers?"

"It would not surprise me to find Puli in a meditative state somewhere."

Last edited by Breeze : 07-07-2004 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:02 AM   #66
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Benton, hearing Vashelaive's pronouncement about the Wemic began to smirk. He realized his question about the Wemic was misunderstood, and he also began to realize that the others in the party may have never seen a Wemic, since they tend to stay out of populated areas, prefering to remain in the wilderness. Undoubtedly, this familiarity with the wilderness will be invaluable on our journey.

"Vasheliave, I'm aware of Wemic's and of their appearance. I've seen a few, though I've never had the opportunity to travel with one. I'm very much looking forward to this meeting, and especially the reactions of my mates."

"My question about Kevan was a desire to gain insight into his personality. Typically, Wemics are introverted, viewing themselves as outsiders, and they can be a little surly because of this. I would hate to have a look or comment offend him before we even have the opportunity to introduce ourselves, if you get my meaning."

Last edited by Breeze : 07-07-2004 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:39 PM   #67
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Benton looks to the dwarf, "Have you ever seen a Wemic, or are you familiar with them?"
Old 07-07-2004, 09:54 PM   #68
MikeVic
Head Coach

I have a bunch of stuff coming up at University right now... I'll write a roleplay tomorrow or Friday... but if you don't see me often, this is why. Sorry.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:11 AM   #69
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

"No Benton, I have never seen a Wemic, but I am ready to, I think."
The dwarf stands up and grabs his equipment. "We should be off. Those who would join me on this quest, meet me out front. Those that would stay behind...keep sleeping."
Old 07-08-2004, 09:23 AM   #70
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Benton exits right behind Soriun saying, "I agree. Let's be off to delay further would be a mistake."

Then mumbling he adds, "We shall see how ready you are to meet Kevan."
Old 07-08-2004, 09:24 AM   #71
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

With a curt nod Vasheliave moved to follow the dwarf. “Agreed, we must get along. I believe Puli is outside, perhaps already awaiting us at the stable. Hopefully Baldar will be with us shortly, though I’m hesitant to wake a slumbering wizard. I wouldn’t want a bubble of eldritch fire to burst out of his arse!”

The captain busted out laughing at his own remark, and continued to roar as he headed outside.

The old Kir monk was indeed already waiting outside, apparently contemplating the finer philosophies of the various horses at the stable. Two young stable boys went silently about their work, finalizing their preparations. They seemed a bit embarrassed to be working in the company of such heroes, but they were almost done anyway.

Soriun’s war pony stood off to the side, a diminutive but earnest looking creature.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:29 PM   #72
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

Sorry guys. Was unexpectedly out of town for several days. I will catch up on the thread and make the appropriate responses late this evening.
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 01:54 PM   #73
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitPersonality1
Sorry guys. Was unexpectedly out of town for several days. I will catch up on the thread and make the appropriate responses late this evening.

You should quit gambling. It's only going to get worse.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:17 PM   #74
MikeVic
Head Coach

Mavirr quickly ran outside to meet up with the rest of the heroes.

"Friends, wait for me! I was pondering whether I ever met a wemic before."

He stopped to catch his breath, and then continued to talk: "I have been on adventures with other heroes before, but I do not think I have ever shared stories with a wemic! This could be a great opportunity for me. I don't think they can be as quiet as I've heard. Puli is already quiet enough for the both of them!"

Mavirr grinned at the heroes, and looked around at the horses. "I would prefer to have a horse that can carry its weight. One that is fast and noble. One that won't run away when things get rough. One that won't eat my food when I go up a tree to scout the land ahead." He frowned at the horses, and looked back at the heroes.

"Whenever you guys are ready, I'm set to go!"

Last edited by MikeVic : 07-08-2004 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:59 AM   #75
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Benton looks to Mavirr, smiles and says, "You'll have plenty of stories to tell about the Wemic, even if he's mute. Simply discribing him and explaining that he was in your party will probably earn you a free meal and all you can drink from the patrons."

Benton didn't hesitate to look around the stables. He walked directly to his steed, a beautiful black horse with a few patches of white on the nose. The horse, not nearly as big as some of the 19 hand War Horses, was still large for its breed, measuring almost 17.5 hands (or close to 180 cm). Benton, knew this horse, realized its surprising agility given the large size, and most of all respected its nerve. This was a horse Benton had riden many times, and if he had the facilities to house the beast and the money to purchase it, Lord Pepsin would not be its owner.

Benton affectionately patted the horse on the head, and whispered in its ear, "Good to see you old friend. I have a bad feeling we will be severely tested this time."
Old 07-12-2004, 10:41 AM   #76
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Impatient with the dallying, Vasheliave tugged at his horse’s reins, eliciting a series of frustrated whinnies from the animal. “Where’s the damn wizard?”

At long last, Baldar emerged from the building, striding at a leisurely pace as if unaware of (or oblivious to ) the impatience of the others. Not willing to wait any longer, Vasheliave growled something unintelligible under his breath, wheeled his horse, and moved out of the courtyard at a quick trot.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:52 AM   #77
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Benton quickly mounts his horse, sympathizing with Vash's obvious annoyance he loudly states, "Finally!, all this waiting has become aggravating. I hope the wizard isn't counting on traveling at his pace from this point forward."

Last edited by Breeze : 07-12-2004 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:26 PM   #78
MikeVic
Head Coach

Mavirr saw that the horses were finished being prepared, and so he jumped on one of the remaining horses.

"I sure hope this one is good. Why wouldn't it be? I doubt a Lord would keep a slow, lazy horse around!" He looked back at the heroes still not on their horses, and grinned. Mavirr then kicked the side of his horse and rode it once in a small circle before he pulled the reigns back.

"Well, at least I know it'll respond to my commands." Mavirr sat on his horse impatiently, and continued to speak: "What are we waiting for? Let's go meet this ranger!"
Old 07-13-2004, 05:18 AM   #79
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

"Gentlemen, we need to discuss the marching order. I would recommend pairing up with Vasheliave and me in the front, Baldur and Puli in the middle, and Soriun and Mavirr it the back (Thinking to himself 'that could make for some interesting and entertaining conversations. It might also alert every foul creature in the relms of our location.')

"By the way Vasheliave, how far will you be accompanying us? Just until we join Kevan, or has the Lord given you the freedom to join the quest this time?"
Old 07-13-2004, 09:33 AM   #80
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Vasheliave slowed his horse’s gate a bit and shifted in the saddle so as to address the paladin.

“You know better than that,” he said, and grinned wryly. “No, I’m afraid Lord Pelspin has other things in mind for me. The theft of his property has rattled him greatly. Plus I’ve got some things in mind myself…namely a good night’s sleep.”

The captain chuckled lightly, then pointed to a distant cluster of scrub trees on the horizon. “See yonder grove of trees? We’ll head there for starters, and then shift our course for the rendezvous with the wemic. I’ll leave you in his hands at that point…err, well, you know what I mean.”

The terrain was rather arid in this Prytian border province of Rekelzyan. The province bore another olden name, still whispered by some, which dated back to the era which followed the disastrous end of Britau. The Path of Ruin. The remnants of Britau’s citizenry had fled this way, and despite the passage of centuries it still bore the faded but bitter stain of defeat.

Now the region was occupied by burbeast ranchers, a few scattered towns and villages, and the ever-present provincial patrols. The Skelitik Wastes and the Great Desert lay to the east. The ruins of Britau –Wootmerry – lay to the northeast.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:57 AM   #81
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Soriun shifted in his saddle, and began to whistle a dwarven tune.

"Bard, will you tell us a story? I believe it would get us off to a fine start. Or, I could lead us all in prayer..."

Soriun smirked at his companions.

Last edited by sachmo71 : 07-13-2004 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:13 AM   #82
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
Vasheliave slowed his horse’s gate a bit and shifted in the saddle so as to address the paladin.

“You know better than that,” he said, and grinned wryly. “No, I’m afraid Lord Pelspin has other things in mind for me. The theft of his property has rattled him greatly. Plus I’ve got some things in mind myself…namely a good night’s sleep.”

The captain chuckled lightly, then pointed to a distant cluster of scrub trees on the horizon. “See yonder grove of trees? We’ll head there for starters, and then shift our course for the rendezvous with the wemic. I’ll leave you in his hands at that point…err, well, you know what I mean.”

The terrain was rather arid in this Prytian border province of Rekelzyan. The province bore another olden name, still whispered by some, which dated back to the era which followed the disastrous end of Britau. The Path of Ruin. The remnants of Britau’s citizenry had fled this way, and despite the passage of centuries it still bore the faded but bitter stain of defeat.

Now the region was occupied by burbeast ranchers, a few scattered towns and villages, and the ever-present provincial patrols. The Skelitik Wastes and the Great Desert lay to the east. The ruins of Britau –Wootmerry – lay to the northeast.

Benton laughed at Vasheliave's comments (specifically the reference to the Wemic). "I figured Lord Pepsin would keep you busy. It's too bad, your experience and swordsmanship would come in handy this time."

"Ah well, let us be off to meet with Kevan," Benton yells as he spurs his steed forward and heads toward the tree grove, hoping to distract the Dwarf from praying and the Bard from singing (because 99 Flagons of Ale on the Wall gets old quickly).

Last edited by Breeze : 07-13-2004 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:45 AM   #83
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Sensing the group’s need to press ahead, Vasheliave urged his horse to a quicker pace. They passed a small herd of burbeasts, still showing the telltale signs of their shearing earlier in the summer, milled about a small watering hole. A quick glance into the make-shift hut that stood nearby met the watchful eyes of the shepherd. You needn’t worry, Vasheliave thought, I’ve had my fill of burbeast meat…enough to last a lifetime.

The group held their tongues as they moved along, and soon enough they were nearing the grove. It sat on a slight rise in the ground, perhaps an acre or two of ragged-looking trees which all appeared to be grabbing for the sky with their limbs, seeking moisture which just wasn’t there. Vash always felt such trees looked like they’d been baked in a bread kiln. Though a slight wind blew in from behind them, he caught whiffs of pungent bark now and then. Leaves rasped together with a brittle sound.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Frankly, I'm becoming rather concerned about the future of this group. We've got two no shows (Puli and Baldar) and not much interplay devloping with the characters. We'll move onward and see if the wemic can liven things up...
Old 07-15-2004, 09:11 AM   #84
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
We'll move onward and see if the wemic can liven things up...
I'll try to scrounge up some party tricks or something.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 09:15 AM   #85
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Maybe we could merge the survivors of this group with the other one.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:19 AM   #86
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I want to see Kevan do card tricks with out any hands.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:40 PM   #87
MikeVic
Head Coach

While he rode on his horse beside Soriun,at the back of the pack, Mavirr found it hard to keep his focus on the task at hand. He kept on looking around at the sky, the ground, and the other various scenery. A couple of times, he almost rode into Soriun. Mavirr kept quiet as the heroes travelled, which was quite unordinary for him. Now that they were coming up to the grove, Mavirr began to speak again.

"Even with adventures under my belt, I am still awe-struck by the beauty of some of the scenery in the areas neighbouring Prytia." Mavirr looked at the trees in the grove they arrived at, and smiled. "This reminds me of the time I was an inexperienced traveller, going on only my second quest." Mavirr stopped to look around if anyone was listening to him, and then continued to talk:

"I was travelling with just three other adventurers: a wizard, a thief, and a fellow I wasn't quite sure of what he was. He performed magic, escaped from traps, slayed giant beasts, and could carry a tune with yours truly." Mavirr's face turned into a puzzled look, as he pondered all of those talents inside his head.

"Anyway, I particularly remember this wizard because he rarely spoke. Much like our quiet Puli. Perhaps you know of him, Baldar? Come to think of it, this might be the first time I travel with a paladin. Isn't that something, Benton! I've come across many thieves and rogues, but not a single paladin. You'll have to excuse some of my tendencies as this journey moves along..." Mavirr turned his gaze from Benton to the back of his horse's neck, and once again continued to talk.

"Where was I? Hmm. I don't quite remember. It had something to do with this grove, though. I remember travelling with a group of three others to this very place as we were passing through to get to Zanthany. I found myself a nice pile of leaves to sleep on, since the other adventurers of mine were becoming quite annoying. The wizard wouldn't talk, the thief went off somewhere before we had a chance to settle, and whats-his-name with all the skills went to find some entertainment." Mavirr gave his first signs of anger when he said this, as he pointed his eyebrows down diagonally.

"Imagine looking for someone more entertaining than me! Never mind that I didn't have any stories to tell or instruments to play. Him and I could carry a tune like no other. With him gone, it was quite a boring night." Mavirr looked around at the heroes present, as he finished his story.

"That's my first story shared with you fine heroes! I do hope I have something to add about this grove involving all of you. Now, let us go get this ranger."

Mavirr stopped talking, and looked around at the scenery once again.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:28 AM   #88
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Benton listened intently at Mavirr's story, not as interested in the content as he was in its presentation. A little scattered, maybe a focus issue. But Benton had to admit that from all signs Mavirr had been involved in numerous quests and someone that was chronically distracted undoubtedly would not still be with us. Mavirr, as with all bards, is a bit self-centered, meaning his focus probably improves when his life is on the line.

"Mavirr, I'm surprised you've not vetured out with a Paladin before. You've obviously been on numerous quests, hopefully some more entertaining than your last retelling. Anyway, Paladin's live to fullfill a duty, often signing up for every quest they can. Maybe you journied with one and simply mistook him for a fighter?"

Last edited by Breeze : 07-16-2004 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:27 AM   #89
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

"Even a bard can tell a paladin from a figher, Benton," Soriun interjected. "Holy warriors have a certain...aura about them. No, what I think Mavirr's story tells us is that the type of quest he normally joins is the type that a paladin would avoid like the plague!"

The dwarf sat back in his saddle and was quiet for a moment.

"Maybe that's why you and I are here, Benton. We're going to show our companions the way to quest reverently!"
Old 07-16-2004, 08:50 AM   #90
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

"I thought Mavirr's lack of interaction with Paladins might be an indiation of the company he keeps, but wasn't willing to speak it until I knew him better, but since you've let the cat out of the bag, I'll agree. Well met then good Soruin, we shall set an example."
Old 07-19-2004, 02:27 PM   #91
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

As they neared the grove, caution got the better of him and Vasheliave slowed his horse almost to a stop. Peering into the shadows created by the trees, he canted his head as if to listen. The facial expressions of first Puli and then Benton altered as they, too, caught the slight sounds of movement somewhere within the grove.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

FYI, I will be running Puli’s character for now. JAG will be replacing SplitPersonality1 as Baldar the wizard.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:28 PM   #92
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Welcome aboard JAG.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:30 PM   #93
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Benton draws his sword quietly, and turns to Vasheliave. In a tone barely above a whisper he asks, "Could this be Kevan, or are we too far from our destination spot to hope for such luck?"

Last edited by Breeze : 07-19-2004 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:28 PM   #94
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

At Benton's signal, Soriun pulls his dwarves war axe from across his back, and holds up his hand for quiet.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:04 PM   #95
MikeVic
Head Coach

Hi, sorry again.. I'm going through interviews at school right now, but I'll try to post a roleplay tomorrow afternoon.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:40 AM   #96
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Baldar smiled inwardly as he rode uncomfortably with the others. It appeared Vasheliave and the companions believed his feigning nonchalance. The truth was quite the contrary, as Baldar could barely contain his excitement at the journey. His loyalty to the Prytians notwithstanding, the Candle Mage would surely have left behind some manner of scrolls or tomes detailing his craft. The potential knowledge and power to be gleamed from his writings was enough to make Baldar rub his hands with glee. Surely he could have his pick of these books if he recovered the candles for Lord Pelspin...

That thought brought Baldar back to the present. "How will we succeed with such a motley crew?" he thought with a scowl. Surely the knight and dwarf would handle themselves well in a fight, but their holiness would preclude some useful practical tactics, like slitting an enemy's throat before he woke. The bard was the most troubling though. He had little use for their cheerful songs and his constant chatter would more than likely attract more enemies than he cared to think of. “And my dislike is not because of that damnable thief of a bard stealing my damnable ring!” Baldar boomed to himself, still shaking with rage at the thought of that theft now five seasons past. It was unclear how useful the Cross-Kir monk would be. Baldar’s Kashan upbringing gave him some knowledge of the fellow Easterner, and their reputation was impressive, but this would be his first direct dealing with one. Hopefully the ranger would prove himself to be useful…

Baldar almost ran into Vasheliave’s horse, not having realized his coming to a halt until he was practically on top of him. He looked up and saw Benton draw his weapon, drawing a snort from Baldar. Surely they had found the ranger. Still, with age having taught him many lessons on caution, he almost absentmindedly slipped a hand into his robe, reaching for his pouch of fine sand.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:00 AM   #97
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Having spent a few unobserved moments looking over the group he is to guide on this adventure, Kevan thinks to himself, 'So this is them. An eclectic bunch to say the least. Might as well get started.' The ranger could not help but notice the old man in the unassuming clothing seems to be staring directly in his direction. 'Interesting,' he thought. With that, Kevan takes a deep breath and steps into the clearing.

Last edited by daedalus : 07-21-2004 at 04:03 AM.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:14 AM   #98
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Benton, who was waiting for a reply from Vash, gasped inspite of himself at the appearence of the beast. A huge half lion/ half man walked out of the trees and into the revealing sunlight.

With a deep sigh Benton sheathed his sword. Then he shook his head and cursed himself for not being prepared for the sight of this awesome creature, who was to be his traveling companion. Benton had seen Wemics on numerous occassions, but never this close and never when he was on guard for a possible ambush.

Benton looked around to see the others expressions.

Last edited by Breeze : 07-21-2004 at 06:30 AM.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:35 AM   #99
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

WEMIC

OK forget it - I can't seem to get an image of a Wemic to stay up. Look it up for yourself.

Last edited by Breeze : 07-21-2004 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:42 AM   #100
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Seeing some startled reactions on the parts of his travelling companions, Benton quickly dismounts from his horse and begins walking toward the Wemic, hoping to prevent any unfortunate incidents.

"Gentlemen, since Wemic's aren't common to this area, I'm going to assume this is our Ranger Kevan." thinking to himself 'I hope it's Kevan, if not I may have just made a fatal error approaching this beast without my sword drawn'.

Benton reaches Kevan and extends a hand, "Pleased to meet you and I'm extremely glad to have you along on this journey."