Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-04-2005, 04:56 PM   #351
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 23, 2012 -

Lucio, Schreurs, and Duff were selected to the EPL Team of the Week.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:10 PM   #352
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 25, 2012 -

Today we host Juventus in the 1st leg of the Semi Final of the Champions League. Unfortunately, Downing's injury hasn't improved as quickly as we hoped. He will miss this game. Juventus will be relying on this excellent tandem of strikers, Carlos Tevez and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. David Pizarro is an excellent midfielder who has 7 goals and 12 assists. Vincent Kompany has been a dominant defender. Left fullback Adriano has played great. Their keeper Gianluigi Buffon has also played very well this year and is a top notch keeper. Right winger Constantino Corona has also played well.

We are 6-4 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the mid 40's.

GK: Howard
DL: Chivu
DC: Lucio
DC: Ferdinand
DR: Brown
ML: Duff
MC: Djemba
MC: Fletcher
MR: Eagles
SC: Rooney
SC: Adriano

S1: Harper
S2: Smith
S3: O'Shea
S4: King
S5: Grygera
S6: Schreurs
S7: McFadden
Old 04-04-2005, 05:25 PM   #353
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Kompany gets a yellow card for tripping Eagles.

19 minute mark: Eagles crosses to Duff in the box.. he heads it.. over the bar.

21 minute mark: Rooney crosses it to Eagles just outside the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. catches it.

27 minute mark: Duff passes it to Rooney at the left corner of the pitch.. Rooney dribbles parallel to the end line.. he is looking pass.. he shoots.. hard shot.. amazing it runs parallel to the endline, but then curves at the last second.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. We have over 91,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: Duff passes to Djemba.. he shoots from 20 yards out.. the keeper dives.. saves it.

70 minute mark: Eagles trips Montolivo.. yellow card on Eagles.

77 minute mark: Fletcher gets a yellow card for tripping Tevez.

85 minute mark: Duff throws it into Rooney.. he heads it to Adriano the middle of the box.. Adriano tries to fake out the keeper.. the keeper stays in front of him.. Adriano shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

86 minute mark: Eagles passes to Adriano in the center of the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOOD shot! it's past the diving keeper.. GOAL!!!!! 2-0.

Game over. 2-0 win for us.

We outshot them 8-5 (6-3 on target)

Rooney won MoM, 10 for form, 13 of 13 passes, 0 tackles, 0 of 6 headers, 2 interceptions, 15 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 goal.

Duff also had a 10.

Everyone else on the team had 8's.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:29 PM   #354
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

In the other Champions League Semi-final, Chelsea and Real Madrid tied 0-0 on Chelsea's pitch. This puts Chelsea in a rough position.

Our statistician tells me that Rooney's 29 total goals on the year is a new Manchester United Record for a season!
Old 04-04-2005, 06:09 PM   #355
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 28, 2012 -

Shane Paul, I don't want you! Stop sending me videos.

Sincerely,

Christopher Engles
Old 04-04-2005, 06:11 PM   #356
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 28, 2012 -

Sunderland have been relegated from the EPL.

Wigan have been relegated from the English Championship!
Old 04-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #357
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 29, 2012 -

Today we travel to play Everton in an EPL Match. They are in 11th place. With 4 games to go, we are 8 points up. If my math is correct, one more tie or win will secure the EPL title for us! Everton has an average defense and a below average offense. Zander Diamond has played well in limited action. Andy Reid has played midfield very well. Leighton Baines has played left fullback well. Striker Sergio Garcia is the leading scorer with a total of 10 goals. Left winger Phil Dunn has played ok. Their kepeer, Richard Wright has been bad the last few weeks.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the mid 50's.

GK: silvestre
DC: O'Shea
DC: Grygera
MC: Stevanovic
MC: Cook
MR: Schreurs
SC: McFadden
SC: Smith

S2: Cahais
S3: Parker
S5: Marino
Old 04-04-2005, 06:46 PM   #358
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: O'Shea with a key clearance in the box.

5 minute mark: Cook passes it from 30 yards out to Smith in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0! That is Smith's 100th goal for Manchester United in his career!

35 minute mark: Duff crosses it long to Schreurs.. he dribbles further up the right sideline.. crosses it to Smith by the far post.. he heads it.. into the upper left corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

40 minute mark: Brown throws it into Schreurs.. he heads it back to Brown.. Brown crosses it into the middle of the box.. Smith heads it.. into the left side of the net! GOAL!!!! 3-0! That is Smith's hattrick!

Halftime: Up 3-0 thanks to Alan Smith! They have over 40,000 fans here today.

60 minute mark: Stevanovic with a hard shot.. the defender blocks it.. Cook with the long rebound.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

66 minute mark: Cahais on for Grygera. King on for McFadden.

76 mnute mark: Barton passes to Chadwick.. he shoots.. hard shot.. Howard blocks it.. Sergio Garcia gets the rebound.. shoots.. into the upper right corner... GOAL. Still up 3-1.

Game over. 3-1 Win!!! I think we just won the EPL Title!

They outshot us 18-14 (but 9-6 on target in our favor)

Smith wins MoM, 10 for form, 16 of 21 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 5 of 9 headers, 1 foul drawn, and 3 goals.

Brown and Schreurs had a 9 for form.

O'Shea, Duff, Stevanovic, and McFadden all had 8's.

The rest of the team had 7's.

I can't wait to see the official announcement!
Old 04-04-2005, 06:49 PM   #359
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post MAtch Info:

Wow! I just read this report in tonight's edition of the paper:

"Media speculation is growing concerning the suitability of Damien Duff as a first team player at Manchester United.

Many journalists appear to be of the opinion that the player is past his best and should consider retiring gracefully before further poor performances cause him embarassment."

What the heck are they talking about. Duff is 33 and he is starting to show his age a bit, but he is still my fastest guy on the entire team. He has an 8.85 average form overall! He has an 8.73 average league form! I think these journalists are crazy.

I don't see an announcement that we have won the EPL Title yet. Perhaps, Chelsa has to play their game for it to be official?
Old 04-04-2005, 06:57 PM   #360
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 30, 2012 -

My math was bad. We are 11 points ahead of Chelsea, but they have 4 games left. We need at least one more tie to secure the title (unofficially), and we need one more win to offically secure the title.

Brown, Schreurs, and Smith were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:02 PM   #361
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 1, 2012 -

The board are delighted with my performance as manager.

(The over-the-hill according to the press) Damien Duff has won the EPL Player of the Month Award. Jeroen Schreurs came in 2nd, and Jorge Pina of southampton came in 3rd.

Jamie Cook has won the EPL Young Player of the Month. Ryan Barrett of Birmingham City came in 2nd, and Charlie Wilson of Sunderland came in 3rd.

Liverpool's tony colbert has won Manager of the Month. Greg Megson of Tottenham came in 2nd, and I came in 3rd.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:05 PM   #362
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 2, 2012 -

Today we travel to play Juventus in the 2nd leg of our Champions League Match.

Juventus are 6-4 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 60's.

ML: Downing

S2: O'Shea
S3: Schreurs
S5: cook
S6: Smith

We are up 2-0 on aggregate and just need to hold them off.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:28 PM   #363
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Adriano is tripped by Kompany.. Ibrahimovic argues the call.. the ref warns him.. he continues to argue the call! Yellow card for him.

8 minute mark: Ibrahimovic gets a breakaway.. shoots.. lower right corner.. Howard saves it.

16 minute mark: Howard starts a counter attack.. he passes it to Downing who heads it to Rooney.. Rooney takes a few dribbles.. shoots from 35 yards.. a fabulous curling strike.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0. On the replay, the announcer notes, "we are used to that sort of strike from Rooney." That is Rooney's 30th goal of the year! Amazing.

35 minute mark: Pizarro intercepts the ball at midfield.. passes it to Tevez outside the box.. he dribbles between Lucio and Ferdinand.. crossover dribble.. fakes out Howard.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL. 1-1.

38 minute mark: Howard stops a long range strike from Tevez.

45 minute mark: Tevez gets off a shot from 15 yards.... blistering shot.. great save by Howard.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. 3-1 lead on aggregate in our favor. They have over 69,000 fans here today.

47 minute mark: Rooney steals it from the keeper.. shoots.. Kompany blocks the shot from going into the goal.. Adriano shoots the rebound.. the keeper saves it.

49 minute mark: Pizarro passes it into the box for Ibrahimovic.. he heads it.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL. Down 2-1 (but up 3-2 on aggregate.)

51 minute mark: Djemba passes it into the left side of the box for Rooney.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. great save by their keeper.

60 minute mark: Djemba passes it into the box to Rooney.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper blocks it.

72 minute mark: Djemba passes to Rooney on the left wing.. he dribbles up the left sideline.. past three players.. he cuts inside past another defender.. running parallel to the end line.. shoots.. another shot that is parallel to the endline.. it curves.. curves.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-2! Rooney is amazing! Juventus' fans are leaving early. They have seen enough.

Game over! 2-2 tie. 4-2 win on aggregate! We are through to the champions League Final!!!

We outshot them 21-14 (16-8 on target)

Rooney wins MoM, 10 for form, 19 of 23 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 4 of 17 headers, 9 runs, 4 fouls drawn, 2 goals.

Howard had a 9 for form.

Chivu, Lucio, Eagles, and Downing all had 8's for form.

The rest of the team had 7's.

I can't wait to see who we will play in the final of the Champions League.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:49 PM   #364
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Chelsea beat Real Madrid 2-0 despite being on hostile turf. We will face Chelsea in an exciting Champions League Final.

We were given 4 million dollars for winning the semi-final of the Champions League.

The final will be on May 23, 2012.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:55 PM   #365
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 4, 2012 -

Tottenham beat Chelsea 2-0 tonight. That win makes it official.

We have won the EPL Title!!!

I see this article in the newspaper tonight:

"Fans of Manchester United were justly proud after the team won the English Premier Division Title today.

Fans and pundits alike were unanimous that the person responsible for the team's success was Christopher Eagles.

The Manchester United board have told journalists that they were very happy with winning the EPL Title."

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-04-2005 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:58 PM   #366
robbgmaier
College Prospect

yawn....i mean, 2 down, and 2 to go

good work
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:07 PM   #367
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Congrats on the league title. Things are certainly looking favorable for the all exciting quad.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:41 PM   #368
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, I've been spending the last half hour trying to figure out how to do my lineups to give us the best chance of pulling off the quad. I had already set my lineup for this essentially meaningless EPL game before I found out that we won, so I'll keep it for this match. We'll see how things go down the stretch.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:41 PM   #369
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 5, 2012 -

Today we play Aston Villa in an essentially meaningless home game. I wonder if the squad is going to show a let down.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the mid 50's.

I had already set this lineup before we won last night, and I don't like to change at the last minute. Therefore, I'm going with the natural lineup I would have used in an attempt to win.

DL: Silvestre
DR: Grygera
SC: McFadden
SC: Smith

S2: Adriano
S3: Cahais
S5: Parker

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-04-2005 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:48 PM   #370
weinstein7
High School JV

Wow, congrats on the great season. Looks like you and Chelsea are clearly the class of the EPL, if not all of Europe.
weinstein7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:04 PM   #371
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Duff with a corner to Lucio by the near post.. he heads it.. good save by the keeper.

10 minute mark: Gareth Barry collided with Schreurs.. Schreurs is hurt and has to leave the game. Not my top choice, but I put Barry Parker out on the right wing.

18 minute mark: Stevanovic gets a yellow card for a hands ball.

19 minute mark: Keane gets a yellow card for elbowing Lucio.

27 minute mark: Duff passes to Stevanovic.. he passes it to Cook.. Cook is about 25 yards out.. he shoots.. right over the keeper's right shoulder.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

42 minute mark: Bierofka steals it at midfield.. passes it to Luke Moore.. Lucio tackles Moore and clears the ball.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. We have over 71,000 fans here today.

50 minute mark: Duff takes the corner kick.. sends it to the near post.. Parker jumps.. heads it.. over the bar.

70 minute mark: Cahais on for Lucio and King on for Smith.

72 minute mark: Duff gets called for a trip on Barry.. he argues the call.. he gets a second yellow card!

84 minute mark: Bierofka dribbles down the right sideline.. passes it into the left side of the box for Luke Moore.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL. 1-1.

Game over. 1-1 tie.

We outshot them 20-5 (9-3 on target)

Leo Franco, their keeper, won MoM with a 9 for form.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:05 PM   #372
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinstein7
Wow, congrats on the great season. Looks like you and Chelsea are clearly the class of the EPL, if not all of Europe.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2005, 09:07 PM   #373
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

This game continued a streak of unbeaten games. Our 19 games in a row without a loss (since Feb 18, 2012) is a new team record!
Old 04-05-2005, 05:39 AM   #374
condors
College Starter

Congrats!
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:23 AM   #375
Blade6119
Coordinator

Wow, i spent the past two days and read all the way from the first season in harrogate to now...wow, congrats on all the success~! Adirano looks like a monster, and i can only imagine what he will do for you with age. Hoping you take a national position soon to keep things interesting, as most great dynasties die from lack of new flair for the creator. Anywho, best of wishes EF!!!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 06:13 PM   #376
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Wow, i spent the past two days and read all the way from the first season in harrogate to now...wow, congrats on all the success~! Adirano looks like a monster, and i can only imagine what he will do for you with age. Hoping you take a national position soon to keep things interesting, as most great dynasties die from lack of new flair for the creator. Anywho, best of wishes EF!!!

Thank you. I'm hoping to add a national job to the mix soon. Hopefully I'll pull off the quadruple and that will help get me a national job.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:33 PM   #377
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 7, 2012 -

Damien Duff was selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Chelsea tied 20th placed Sunderland 1-1! I think us winning the title has taken the wind out of their sails. We play them in a meaningless EPL Match in 2 days. I'll give several guys who have not given much PT some time to play. Among those, I'll give Saha and van Nistelrooy one last chance to shine (although I think their skills are too eroded due to age.)
Old 04-05-2005, 06:43 PM   #378
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 9, 2012 -

Today we travel to play Chelsea. If they play their first team, I expect to get beat badly, but I don't really care about this match. Chelsea will finish in 2nd while we have secured the EPL Title. I'm mostly interested in seeing how Freddy Adu does in this match. He has 17 goals on the year, and is Chelsea's 2nd leading scorer. Depending upon how our finances are next season, I might splurge on Adu! I don't have many needs except for some more youth in the defensive line, but I need a striker if I can get Rooney to re-sign and Adu might fit the job nicely.

We are 5-4 favorites.

GK: Harper (I want to start Taylor, but he is injured)
DL: Silvestre
DC: Cahais (time to give the kid a real start)
DR: Grygera
ML: Alfonso (giving the young left winger a chance to show my something.. anything)
SC: Saha (A chance for a final bow)
SC: van Nistelrooy (ditto)

S1: Howard
S2: Adriano (I really want him to become the 4th guy to get 20 goals on the season. If our strikers get gassed, he will be subbed on.)
S3: Mamam
Old 04-05-2005, 07:00 PM   #379
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: robben passes it to Adriano (their Adriano) on the far left side of the pitch.. he crosses it to Pablo Aimar in the box.. Aimar shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

10 minute mark: robben passes it to Freddy Adu.. Cahais blocks his shot.

15 minute mark: Adu passes into the box for Adriano.. he shoots.. my keeper saves it! Nice save Kid!

18 minute mark: Adu steals it at midfield.. dribbles past three of my guys.. past Cahais.. passes it to Adriano.. he heads it into the upper left corner... GOAL. Down 2-0.

25 minute mark: Adu takes the corner kick.. Alfonso trips Adriano in the box.. Penalty shot awarded.. Adriano steps up.. shoots left of Harper.. he dives.. great save by our keeper.. Adu gets the rebound.. shoots.. Harper stops it.. Adriano gets the rebound.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL. That is 100th goal for Chelsea. Down 3-0.

30 minute mark: Schreurs dribbles down the right sideline.. fakes out Bridge.. passes it to Van Nistelrooy in the box.. he shoots.. good save by their keeper.

36 minute mark: Adu passes it to Adriano in the box.. he shoots.. good save by Harper!

44 minute mark: Silvestre passes it down the left sideline to Alfonso.. he fakes out a defender.. crosses it to Saha in the middle of the box.. Saha shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.

Halftime: Down 3-0. They have over 42,000 fans here today.

65 minute mark: King on for Saha who is exhausted. Mamam on for Alfonso.

66 minute mark: Carvalho passes it to Adriano in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL. Down 4-0. That is Adriano's hattrick. He has 25 goals on the year for Chelsea.

Game over. Ugly 4-0 win, but that is what I was expecting playing young guys against Chelsea's starters. I'll play my stars this upcoming final EPL game and then 2 weeks later when we play Chelsea in the Champions League Final.

They outshot us 22-3 (13-2 on target)

Their Adriano won MoM, 10 for form, 29 of 32 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 4 of 6 headers, 2 runs, 2 fouls drawn, 1 assist, and 3 goals.

Freddy Adu had an 8 for form, 12 of 14 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 1 of 3 headers, 1 interception, 3 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 2 assists.

They played Freddy just behind Adriano feeding him the ball.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:15 PM   #380
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 12, 2012 -

Today we travel to play Newcastle. They are 6th in the EPL. Andrea Abbate is becoming a star in goal for them. Left Winger Diomansy Kamara has played well for them. Centreback Per Kroldrup has played very well. Striker Ricardo Oliveira has been great for them with 22 goals. Jermaine Pennant has been mostly a sub as age has diminished his skills.

We are even odd favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 60's.

SC: Adriano (needs one goal to become my fourth guy this year to have 20 goals. That would be something I've never accomplished in FM/CM.)

S1: Taylor
S2: O'Shea
S3: Smith
Old 04-05-2005, 07:37 PM   #381
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

8 minute mark: Oliveira passes it to Pennant in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. Howard with a save.

12 minute mark: Ferdinand gets a yellow card for pulling Oliveira's jersey.

15 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Adriano pounces on the rebound.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!!! 1-0! That is Adriano's 20th goal of the year!!!

40 minute mark: Djemba passes it to Downing left of the box.. he passes to Rooney in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Great save by the keeper.

Halftime: We are up 1-0. They have over 52,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: Rooney dribbles up the left sideline.. passes to Downing inside the left half of the box.. Downing shoots.. upper left corner.. blistering shot.. swish.. GOAL!!!!! 2-0.

63 minute mark: Pennant must have gotten under Ferdinand's skin.. he elbows Pennant in the mouth.. hard! Red card! CRAP! I hope he isn't suspended for our Champions League Match. I pull Rooney and bring O'Shea on going with just Adriano at striker.

71 minute mark: N'Zogbie, their midfielder, crosses the ball to the middle of the box.. Kamara powers a header to the upper right corner.. GOAL. Still up 2-1.

75 minute mark: Downing passes it to Fletcher outside the box.. he shoots.. hard shot.. it hits the crossbar.

Game over. 2-1 win for us. I'm glad we held on despite being down a man. Good match to have before the sure to be tough Champions League Final which is our next match in a little under 2 weeks.

We outshot them 15-12 (9-5 on target)

Downing won MoM, 10 for form, 18 of 27 passes, 5 of 12 tackles, 5 of 9 headers, 3 interception, 14 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 goal.

Rooney had a 9 for form.

Djemba had a 6!

Everyone else had an 8.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:40 PM   #382
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Charlton have officially been relegated from the EPL. Sunderland and West Brom were the other two teams to be relegated.

We were given 21 million dollars today for winning the EPL!!!

Stewart Downing has set a new club record with a 16 Man of Match Awards.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:52 PM   #383
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 15, 2012 -

Milan have won the Italian Serie A Title.

chris Taylor has resumed full training.

Chelsea's Arjen Robben has won the English Player's Player of the Year! Jorge Pina of Southampton came in 2nd, and Steven Pienaar of Middlesbrough came in 3rd. I think Rooney and Downing were robbed.

Jamie Cook has won the English Player's Young Player of the Year Award. Jordi of Liverpool came in 2nd, and Sean Brady of Everton came in 3rd. I'm surprised Adriano didn't get any consideration.

I won Manager of the Year in the EPL. Jose Mourinho of Chelsea came in 2nd, and Tony Colbert of Liverpool came in 3rd.

Chelsea's Arjen Robben was won the English Footballer of the Year Award. Jorge Pina of Southampton came in 2nd, and Steven Pienaar of Middlesbrough came in 3rd.

Southampton's Robbin Kieft won the award for the EPL Top Goalscorer (league goals) with 20 goals. Ricardo Oliveira of Newcastle came in 2nd, and Adriano of Chelsea came in 3rd. (Only 14 of Rooney's goals were in EPL Play. 11 more were in cup play and 6 were in the Champions League. Adriano was our leading scorer for league play with 15 goals.)

Tim Howard, Lucio, and Jamie Cook were selected to the English Players' Premier Division Select Team!

Howard was the only keeper on the team.

The other players are:

Brett Emerton at right fullback.

Gareth Barry at left fullback.

Ricardo Carvalho at centreback (alongside Lucio)

Arjen Robben at left wing.

Diego at midfield (alongside Cook)

Steven Pienaar at right wing.

Jose Antonio Reyes at striker (over Rooney !?!)

Ricardo Oliveira at striker.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:57 PM   #384
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 16, 2012 -

Wayne Rooney just rejected the following contract: 200,000/week, 40k/goal, 20k/assist, 10% annual raise. He is looking determined to leave after his deal expires next year

If I can't sign him in the next 2 months, I will actively try to trade him (albeit reluctantly.)

Cristian Chivu injured his ankle in practice today and will miss 2 weeks which is the rest of the season. He has really thrived at left fullback, and I'm sure we'll miss him in our two final big matches.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:58 PM   #385
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 17, 2012 -

Barcelona beat Valencia 3-2 in the UEFA Cup.

Samuel Eto'o had the first goal, and Cristiano Ronaldo had the 2 final goals including the game winner at the 70 minute mark.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:03 PM   #386
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 21, 2012 -

Mikael Silvestre injured his knee in practice and will likely miss both of our final games. If I lose O'Shea, I could be in trouble at left fullback.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:16 PM   #387
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 23, 2012 -

Today we play Chelsea in the Champions League Final. This match is occuring at Santiago Bernabeu in Madrid. Chelsea has a top notch team. They are playing a 4-3-2-1 that is like a set of bowling pins. Their keeper, Petr Cech, is top notch. Their left back, Wayne Bridge, is world class. Their centrebacks, John Terry and Naldo, are very good. Glen Johnson is a good right back. John Hall is on the left in the midfield. He is a 20 year old kid who is developing into a star, but is still a bit raw. It is a very interesting choice to start him. Arhen Robben is in the middle of the pitch. He is a top notch player with great speed. Sanli tuncay is playing on the right side of this formation. He is a very fast player who can use either foot adroitly. Freddy Adu is the left attacking midfielder. Adu has become on of the best attacking midfielders in the world. Pablo Aimar is an old veteran who is still a top notch attacking midfielder. Finally, Adriano is in the box. He is a 30 year old striker with top notch speed. Great all around physical attributes, great mental attributes, great finishing. He is an astoundingly good striker who is 30 but plays like he is 25.

We are 6-4 favorites.

DL: O'Shea

S2: Grygera
S5: Stevanovic
S6: Schreurs
Old 04-05-2005, 08:37 PM   #388
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Aimar steals the ball from us.. Djemba trips Pablo Aimar.. Djemba gets a yellow card.

2 minute mark: Rooney passes to Downing on the left wing.. he dribbles up the pitch.. crosses it to Adriano.. he heads it.. over the bar.

12 minute mark: Djemba intercepts it deep in our zone.. he passes it to my Adriano at midfield.. Adriano passes long to Rooney.. great pass! Rooney dribbles past the lone defender.. crossover dribble.. fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0! Rooney does it again!

27 minute mark: Adu with a crossover dribble outside the box to fake out Lucio.. Lucio trips him.. yellow card on Lucio.

30 minute mark: Adu dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. Howard dives.. catches it! Great save.

36 minute mark: Adu dribbles down the right sideline.. fakes out two defenders.. crosses it into the box.. their Adriano heads it.. over the bar.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. The ref is letting a lot go on today. He has whistled but not flagged several trips. I think I like Kim Milton Nielsen as a ref. There are over 75,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: I spoke too quickly.. Eagles gets a yellow card for a trip on Robben.

53 minute mark: Fletcher steals it at midfield.. passes it to Adriano.. he shoots from 20 yards out.. powerful curving shot.. it sails around the keeper.. into the upper right corner! GOAL!!!! 2-0! Adriano with a big strike!!!

67 minute mark: Cole shoots from 20 yards out.. Howard dives.. saves it.

68 minute mark: Robben takes it down the left side.. crosses it to the near post.. Cole heads it.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL. Still up 2-1.

71 minute mark: Stevanovic for Djemba and Schreurs on for Eagles.

75 minute mark: Terry with a long range shot from a corner kick.. it hits the crossbar.. and bounces off Tuncay.. into the net! GOAL. 2-2 tie.

91 minute mark: Downing gets a yellow card for a trip on Snejder.. he argues the call!!! He is screaming at the ref! He gets a second yellow card and is ejected! Downing picks a terrible time to lose his temper! DARN!

92 minute mark: Adu passes it into the box for Adriano.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL. Sheesh.. what a collapse.

10 seconds later, Game over.

We lost the Champions League 3-2. No Quadruple for us.

They outshot us 13-8 (5-5 on target)

Their Adriano wins MoM, 32 of 40 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 10 of 16 headers, 5 runs, 4 fouls drawn, and 1 goal.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:41 PM   #389
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We were given 4.8 million for our second place finish in the Champions League.

We have been given 24 million dollars from Champions League Television Revenue!

So far this season, we have made over 90 million in profit. Our Bank Balance is 134 million dollars now.

We have blown the quadruple, but we still have a chance of pulling off the treble.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:51 PM   #390
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 25, 2011 -

Crap! Lucio fractured his wrist in practice today and he will miss approximately a month. Most importantly, he will miss tomorrow's match. Considering silvestre and Chivu are already hurt, this is a rough injury. Even worse is Ferdinand is banned for this match. Chivu is doubtful, but I'm going to need him to play.

Wayne Rooney has won the Champions League Best Player Award. Pinga of Inter came in 2nd, and Nicolae Mitae of Club Atletico de Madrid came in 3rd.

Chelsea's Adriano has won the Champions League Golden Boot Award. Marcelo Nicacio of Sport Lisboa e Benfica came in 2nd, and Wayne Rooney came in 3rd.

Christopher Eagles and Wayne Rooney were both selected to the Champions League Dream Team.

The other players slected were:

Diego from Brescia in goal.

Wilfred Bouma of PSV at left fullback.

David Mendes da Silva of PSV at centreback.

Martin Demichelis of Atletico de Madrid at centreback.

Phillip Lahm of Inter at right fullback.

Pinga of Inter at left wing.

Marco Engelhardt of Brescia at midfield.

Kapo of Juventus in the midfield.

Eagles at right wing.

Rooney at the first striker position.

Carlos Tevez of Juventus at the other striker position.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:54 PM   #391
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 26, 2012 -

Today we play Tottenham in the English FA Cup Final. This match will be occuring at Wembley. Tottenham finished 4th in the EPL. They have a very good team. They are led by the top notch play of keeper Paul Robinson who continues to thrive at 32 years old. They have three dangerous strikers in Jermain Defoe, Carlton Cole, and Daniel Omoya Braaten. Sean Davis is a very good midfielder. Matthew Taylor is a versatile skilled player. Mbulelo Mabizela is their leading defender at centreback.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 60's.

I thought about playing the second team, but I expect my guys to overcome fatigue and play well this one last match. I'm putting my top guys out there.

DL: O'Shea
DC: Chivu
DC: Grygera

S2: McFadden
S4: Cahais (developed very nicely this year - will be a big contributor next year, I hope)
s5: Schreurs
Old 04-05-2005, 09:19 PM   #392
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Their defenders block a flurry of shots before they even reach the goal.

14 minute mark: Brown gets a yellow card for tripping Taylor.

20 minute mark: Eagles collides with Taylor.. he is hurt, but is trying to shake it off.

22 minute mark: Fletcher gets a yellow card for a trip on Pedro Mendes.

23 minute mark: Downing dribbles down the left sideline.. crosses it to Adriano by the far post.. he heads it.. over the bar.

29 minute mark: Taylor bodychecks Eagles.. he has to be carried off the pitch on a stretcher.. he looks hurt bad! Taylor gets a yellow card.. That A-hole should have gotten a red card.

I put Schreurs on for Eagles.

39 minute mark: Oh Crud... Fletcher elbows Taylor. Why did he have to be the one to seek revenge.. that is his second yellow card.. Fletcher is ejected.

39 minute mark: CRAP!!!! Brown elboys Taylor! This is his second yellow card.. He is ejected! DARN! This team is falling apart.. Where is the discipline?

Adriano is already tired, so I pull him off. I put Cahais on the pitch at centreback and slide Grygera to right back.

Let's see if we can pull off a miracle two men down...

44 minute mark: Schreurs trips Taylor.. what the heck is up with this.. Schreurs gets a yellow card.

45 minute mark: Downing passes it to Rooney in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper saves it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. There are over 90,000 fans here at Wembley.

56 minute mark: Rooney with a long range strike.. curving towards the upper right corner.. the keeper saves it.

61 minute mark: Grygera is called for a trip of Defoe in the box.. whistle.. penalty awarded.. Bjorn Runstrom steps up.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

66 minute mark: Djemba gets called for a trip on Davies.. yellow card for Djemba.

67 minute mark: Djemba passes it into the box to Rooney.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. good save by the keeper.

68 minute mark: Rooney is exhausted. I put McFadden on for him.

82 minute mark: Long pass from Djemba to McFadden in the left corner of the pitch.. he crosses it to the right side of the box.. Schreurs settles it.. shoots a curling shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. it is past him! GOAL!!!! 1-1! We tied it up despite being down a man. we have new life!

85 minute mark: Downing passes it to McFadden in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

90 minute mark: Cole passes it into the box to Defoe.. he fakes out Cahais... he shoots.. lower left corner.. Howard dives.. it is past him.. GOAL. Down 2-1.

Game over. 2-1 loss Our lack of discipline was disappointing.

They outshot us 19-13 (8-7 on target)

Downing won MoM, 9 for form, 21 of 24 passes, 2 of 5 tackles, 1 of 5 headers, 3 interceptions, 14 runs, 2 fouls drawn.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #393
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We were given 1.8 million for finishing 2nd in the English FA Cup.

The newspapers are roasting us for our horrible performance against "the less illustrious opponent," Tottenham.

Christopher Eagles has a strained knee ligament, but should recover in a few weeks.

The following teams qualified for the Champions League:

Liverpool, Manchester United, Tottenham, and Chelsea.

The following teams made it into the UEFA: Aston Villa, Newcastle, and Birmingham.

Wow! Arsenal didn't make it into either competition!
Old 04-05-2005, 09:32 PM   #394
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 28, 2012 -

West Ham have won promotion to the EPL.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:18 PM   #395
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well the double is exciting, espcially considering all the profit it gave you. Rooney should fetch a nice price as well, if you have to sell him, giving you some money to make a big splash if you wanted.

What are your managerial stats these days? I don't know when it updates so perhaps it makes sense to wait until the complete end of the season.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 12:28 AM   #396
Tellistto
College Prospect

Being an Everton fan myself, go right ahead and sell Rooney. Unless I'm entirely mistaken, they'll get 35% of whatever price you sell him for, unless that wasn't in the DB that you started your game in. Rooney for sale! May he do wonders for Everton yet!

Tell :P

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:51 PM   #397
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Juny 1, 2012 -

Real Madrid have retained the Spanish First Division Title.

The board is delighted with my performance.

That A-Hole MAtthew Taylor suffered a hip dislocation in practice today. Tottenham suspects he will be out 3-4 months.

Tellistto, you are correct. 35% of Rooney's next sale will go to Everton. That is rather disappointing from my viewpoint If I sell him, I need to get a big price.

Barkeep, my current managerial stats are as follows:

37 year old World Class Manager.
Ability to handle pressure: 9
Ambition: 12
Loyalty: 16
Media Handling: 16
Professionalism: 12
Temperament: 18
I'm being paid a princely 47,000 dollars/week
Old 04-06-2005, 07:08 PM   #398
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 9, 2012 -

The World Cup Qualifiers have begun!

Tim Howard was magnificient for the USA with 9 saves against St. Kitts & Nevis. He helped them win 2-0. I guess the question is: Why did he have to face so many shots, and why didn't they score more?

Eric Djemba played well for Cameroon in their 4-0 win over Burkina Faso in the other World Cup Qualifying match involving my guys.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-06-2005 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:15 PM   #399
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 10, 2012 -

Cristian Chivu played well, but Romania lost to Germany 3-0 in the European Championship Group B Match.

Ireland tied Russia 0-0 in the European Championship, but Damien Duff played well. John O'Shea also played well in this match.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:19 PM   #400
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 11, 2012 -

In Group Stage Play, Englnad tied France 1-1 in the European Championship. Stewart Downing won MoM and set up England's only goal which was converted by James Milner. Wes Brown, Christopher Eagles, and Wayne Rooney also started and played well without excelling.