Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2003, 06:33 PM   #101
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by FrogMan
What I meant was simply that on a given week, only two of your keepers will benefit from the keeper training... I personally keep two inadequate keepers and I'll try to bring 'em up to passable...

I understand, but I have three inadequate keepers and the only one I'd get rid of had no takers twice...actually he's powerful, so he's good for wet weather games...I'm hoping that with enough rotation I'll get one to go passable, and I'll probably sell that one, and then keep the other two...I'm deep in debt...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 06:40 PM   #102
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Question Special attributes: How to use them?

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwikshot
I understand, but I have three inadequate keepers and the only one I'd get rid of had no takers twice...actually he's powerful, so he's good for wet weather games...I'm hoping that with enough rotation I'll get one to go passable, and I'll probably sell that one, and then keep the other two...I'm deep in debt...

Debt, yeah debt...

Open question to all the great FOFC Hattrick minds: Do you really use the special attributes like powerful, head or even my favorite, unpredictable ??

I got my team about two weeks ago, won one league game and a friendly and I,m still trying to figure out most of the stuff that's in there...

Later, FrogMan
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 06:54 PM   #103
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Re: Special attributes: How to use them?

Quote:
Originally posted by FrogMan
Debt, yeah debt...

Open question to all the great FOFC Hattrick minds: Do you really use the special attributes like powerful, head or even my favorite, unpredictable ??

I got my team about two weeks ago, won one league game and a friendly and I,m still trying to figure out most of the stuff that's in there...

Later, FrogMan

Powerful like I said is good for bad weather games but in good weather it's actually negative affecting, quick would be the opposite of powerful. I like upredicatable as well, I have a guy or two that is and they make great plays, you simply have to accept that they also make bonehead ones too...

I'm currently second in my division, but I'm in no rush to move up, doubtful that I would...

My question is, how much money do you make at the end of the season positionwise? Would it be enough to pull me out of debt on simply be a bandaid till I get a decent prospect to sell off?
Old 02-28-2003, 07:01 PM   #104
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Re: Re: Special attributes: How to use them?

Quote:
Powerful like I said is good for bad weather games but in good weather it's actually negative affecting, quick would be the opposite of powerful. I like upredicatable as well, I have a guy or two that is and they make great plays, you simply have to accept that they also make bonehead ones too...

I'm currently second in my division, but I'm in no rush to move up, doubtful that I would...

My question is, how much money do you make at the end of the season positionwise? Would it be enough to pull me out of debt on simply be a bandaid till I get a decent prospect to sell off?

Thanks for the info on unpredictable, I was kind of joking because I had no idea what it meant.

For your question, and after finding that your team is in 5th division, I found in the rules that second place earns a mere $45 000... Not sure this will get you out of the red. Keep training those keepers

You can find that info in the Hattrick rules, under "about Hattrick"...

Later, FrogMan.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:19 PM   #105
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Well I'm only 3 points behind 1st place...so I could win anywhere from 75000 to 45000 (barring any losing streaks).

Here's another questions, I'm in V.140, does that mean if I win in V.140 (get first place) do I battle against the lowest team in V.139? Do I move up to V.139 if I win? I'm confused by this?

and no 75,000 won't get me out of debt, but any money is good money...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 02-28-2003, 07:32 PM   #106
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Well I'm only 3 points behind 1st place...so I could win anywhere from 75000 to 45000 (barring any losing streaks).

Here's another questions, I'm in V.140, does that mean if I win in V.140 (get first place) do I battle against the lowest team in V.139? Do I move up to V.139 if I win? I'm confused by this?

and no 75,000 won't get me out of debt, but any money is good money...

Here's how it's stated on the promotion page...

The winner of each league in 4th Division has a chance of being promoted to a higher division. Half of the winners (those with most points, best goal score and so forth) will be promoted without having to play a qualification game, the "worse" half will have to play qualifation games against the teams in 5th and 6th place in the division above.

Teams number 5 and 6 in each league in 4th Division have to play qualification matches in order to avoid demotion. The 7th and 8th teams will inevitably be demoted.

This comes from my league page so it talks about 4th division. The way I see it, if you win your league, you will be compared to all the other 5th divison winner (from V.1 to V.???). If your team is in the top half, you automatically get promoted. If not , then you play a qualification game against a 5th or 6th position team from 4th division (in your case)... If you wanna see where you'd stand in case of a possible promotion, you can click the
promotion link on your league standings page...

Later, FrogMan.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:00 PM   #107
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Thumbs up Bonuscalc!!

Quote:
My question is, how much money do you make at the end of the season positionwise? Would it be enough to pull me out of debt on simply be a bandaid till I get a decent prospect to sell off? [/b]

Hey Qwikshot, I found a tool on tha site where you can calculate what would be your bonus depending on your finishing position and if you got promoted or not and if you had to qualify to get promoted...

Click here
http://www.databased.at/hattrick/index.asp

then go to tools then to bonuscalc

Later, FrogMan.

Edit to add that the report is in Euro, but the conversion is easy in Hattrick: 1 Euro = 1 US$

Last edited by FrogMan : 02-28-2003 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:10 PM   #108
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Thanks Frogman!!!
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 02-28-2003, 11:18 PM   #109
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Coffee Warlord
Well, if you are training defenders, he MAY be worth something someday. He is an 18 yr old inad defender, after all. Play him in friendlys, get him training.

If you aren't training defenders, I strongly recommend dumping him back on the xfer list. He'll sell for 1,000 again.

And no, I'm using my rock collection as promotional items for my next match vs vexroid.

"Rock in the Head" promo night?
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 12:58 PM   #110
Katon
College Benchwarmer

I just took control of the Lancre Wowhawks in England's VI.135, team number 57183)
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 11:42 PM   #111
daedalus
Pro Rookie

I would be slightly hesitant about having 'unpredictable' at anywhere other than forwards, but that might just me.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 01:30 AM   #112
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Ok I updated the list. I put a * next to some of the team # from outside the US and their country so it might help in scheduling. If I forgotten someone not in the US, let me know I will fix it, its hard to keep track of all these teams.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:23 AM   #113
Vince
Pro Starter

Well let me make it a bit harder HFP

Welcome the Isla Vista Vandals to the FOFC Hattrick owners club.

Isla Vista Vandals (70384)
Currently #5 in V.25 (although this last week's 8-0 drubbing sucked)
California, USA

I'd say challenge me to a friendly, but I've already got one this week, and then another two lined up (home-and-home versus some guy from Europe I got into a bidding war against over a transfer Inner Middie). But after that, I'm all about challenging FOFCers Oh, and I'm fantasybandit over there.

EDIT: HFP, I bought a goalie from you with my first transfer. One Alex Anderson...I thought that name (Cedar Pond Horned Toads) sounded familiar
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 03-04-2003 at 06:30 AM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 08:22 AM   #114
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Ahh ok yeah you got a pretty good deal on him 11k? I think you are the first FOFCer to buy a Toad. I will probably be putting up a passable keeper later this week.

By the way, do you guys want me to rearrange the list by region? Maybe get some rivalries going or something... just a thought.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:06 AM   #115
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Two more teams posted in a different thread yesterday (3/3). Both teams are USA.

Radii
Member ID: 1111
Rio Grandes (#8688)

GrantDawg
Member ID: 465
Newton Rams (#71010)
Old 03-04-2003, 10:09 AM   #116
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by HornedFrog Purple
By the way, do you guys want me to rearrange the list by region? Maybe get some rivalries going or something... just a thought.

Yes! Region and division info would be great!