Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2003, 12:13 PM   #51
Tasan
College Starter

um would that be Katon for 3rd inf, c company?

Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 12:15 PM   #52
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by DataKing
Tason, 3rd Infantry C Company is yours. You report directly to Captain Blade6119.

If im not mistaken, it is Katon joining my company, as Tason already fights for WSU Cougar....besides, someone of a talent-lacking ARMOR company could never handle the rigors of fighting with real men like the boys of the Third Company!!!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 12:20 PM   #53
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Oh yeah, my bad. Sorry boys, I'm a little under the weather today.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 12:21 PM   #54
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Luzon, The Phillipines

December 11th, 1941 – 1800 Hours

The men of the FOFC Brigade arrive at their appointed positions, and begin to dig in as best they can. The volume of rain has been steadily increasing over the past couple of hours, and by now is a steady downpour, making the digging of foxholes extremely difficult. The Marines begin to use fallen trees, brush, and just about anything else they can find to use for cover and protection against the coming Japanese.

Time seems to fly by as preparations are made, but then slows to a crawl once the defenses are set. Five minutes pass, then ten, then fifteen, and still no sign of the enemy. Where the hell are the Japanese? Wary Marines peer out from their makeshift defenses, trying to pierce the thick foliage and heavy rain for any sign of the enemy. Visibility is reduced to 100 meters, less in areas of thick tree cover. One thing is for certain. By the time the enemy is spotted, they will be well within lethal range for both sides.

18:21 Hours

Contact!

Contact is made with the enemy, and the staccato cracks of rifle and machinegun fire erupt at four different points on the line.

Marines from Lieutenant The Afoci’s Infantry B, 1st Platoon, spot a squad of Japanese infantry moving through the woods. Brief fire is exchanged, before the enemy retreats back into the woods.

Similar probing efforts are encountered in two different spots in Zone B. The very western edge of Captain Coffee Warlord’s lines, as well as “the corridor” in the middle, both see brief firefights with the Japanese, but the enemy is forced back.

A squad of Japanese is also seen in Zone Four, working their way up at the edge of the graveyard and the rice paddy. Rifle and machinegun fire erupts, cutting into the Japanese troops and felling a number of them. Unlike other spots, the enemy returns fire, and directs it at Captain ardent enthusiast’s company command squad. The Captain drops his head below a felled tree just as bullets zip overhead, but a fellow Marine is not so lucky. One round catches the young man just below the cheekbone. The lad spins to the ground, killed instantly.

Orders

So far we’ve only encountered weak probing efforts at four different points on our line. Normally, I wouldn’t pause here for new orders. But the reason I am doing it is because Captain ardent enthusiast’s command squad is under direct fire from the Japanese.

Captain ardent enthusiast, what will you do about the situation? With help from one of Lieutenant samifan24’s squads at the eastern edge of the rice paddy, you have the Japanese squad pinned down, but you are receiving direct fire.

Semper Fi!
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 03-02-2003, 03:17 PM   #55
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Give 'em a little Fire and Ice! Whoot!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 07:14 PM   #56
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Without knowing the lay of the land, I'd like to use the LT Samifan's eastern squad and pump them with some lead. If that creates a diversion, I'd like for my squad to fall back to a more favorable defensive position. If that's not possible I'd like to create a crossfire. That should quiet their rifles down.

Semper Fi! I can't believe I just typed that.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:18 PM   #57
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

*waits for the news that ardent was thrown off the boat*
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 07:21 PM   #58
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm not used to being fired upon. Maybe that's it. You know the Navy policy. Fire a missile, launch the planes. Have a coke, watch the news and smile .
Old 03-02-2003, 07:35 PM   #59
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Don't forget drop the grunts off at the shore.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:39 PM   #60
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm on a carrier. We don't carry grunts. Too bad, though, they're easier to make fun of than sailors.

No offense to my simulated Marine comrades.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:58 PM   #61
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

What do you do on the carrier, Ardent?
Old 03-02-2003, 09:11 PM   #62
Blade6119
Coordinator

1 plane....2 plane...3 plane....uhhh.....guys...what comes after 3?
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:15 AM   #63
bertogarce
Mascot

OOC: I was out of town this weekend so I wasn't able to get my orders in.

Captain Sachmo71, the 1st platoon of The Broadswords is ready for action.
bertogarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 11:18 AM   #64
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally posted by bertogarce
OOC: I was out of town this weekend so I wasn't able to get my orders in.

Captain Sachmo71, the 1st platoon of The Broadswords is ready for action.

You're probably about to be knee-deep in it!
Keep buttoned up and the lead flying. Call us if you need help, and we'll be there. Be ready to move out as quickly as possible. Good luck, Lieutenant.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:53 AM   #65
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Captain Warlord, SIR!

Don't worry about the lack of Armor. Just make sure they fixed the fuel lines...in case we need 'em in a hurry.

Get 'em on the run Cap. so I can play sniper!!!
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 04:22 PM   #66
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Luzon, The Phillipines

December 11th, 1941

18:24 Hours

Japanese probing attacks continue along our lines. Mortar shells begin to descend from the sky as well, now that the enemy has discerned at least a few of our positions.

Zone 1
Contact is made with the enemy, as Lieutenant The Afoci’s 1st Platoon fights off the advance of two squads of Japanese infantry.

Zone 2
INCOMING!

Marines hunker down as the terrifying whistle of incoming artillery sounds over the falling rain. The shells slam home on the western edge of Captain Coffee Warlord’s line, primarily aimed at the support machinegun team stationed on the very edge of the zone.

At the same time, another Japanese squad makes a foolhardy attempt to move up “The Corridor,” but heavy fire from Coffee Warlord’s headquarters squad, as well as two Stuarts from The Broadswords’ Command Section, pin the enemy in place.

Zone 3
In the middle of zone 3 is a nice clearing 100 meters across, which Captain Blade6119’s Company C has set up as an ambush point. Lieutenant Qwikshot’s 2nd Platoon, with support from the company’s machinegun section, maul the unfortunate Japanese platoon with the objective of trying to take the clearing.

Zone 4
The firefight continues along the edge between the rice paddy and the graveyard, as two more Japanese squads join the fray. Captain ardent enthusiast’s headquarters squad finds it difficult to withdraw, due to the constant fire the area is receiving. But with assisting fire from one of Lieutenant samifan24’s infantry squads, and one of the company’s machinegun teams, they are finally able to gain a brief respite and beat the enemy back.

Semper Fi!
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-03-2003, 04:22 PM   #67
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Luzon, The Phillipines

December 11th, 1941

18:27 Hours

“Weapons free. I repeat, all teams weapons free. Send ‘em straight to hell, boys!”

The battle is joined in full, as attacks by the enemy are reported up and down the line. The fighting is close, personal, and at these ranges, very lethal.

Zone 1
INCOMING!

Marines try to force their bodies deeper into the available cover as mortar shells begin to pepper the area, aimed primarily at Lieutenant The Afoci’s 1st Platoon on the right side of the zone. The bombardment is followed immediate by an attack by Japanese infantry. Our Marines fight hard, though, and are able to force the Japanese back, except for the far left side. Sergeant Udell’s squad begins to suffer casualties and are forced to withdraw a short ways, deeper into the trees.

Zone 2
One of The Meat Grinder’s machinegun teams is strategically placed on the eastern edge of “The Corridor,” and opens fire on the pinned Japanese infantry. .30 caliber rounds tear into their ranks, but the stubborn enemy continues to press, and more infantry continues to pour into the opening.

The support machinegun team on Captain Coffee Warlord’s left flank does not meet with similar success, unfortunately. Heavily suppressed by mortar fire, they are closed on and destroyed by Japanese infantry. Lieutenant Breeze’s 1st Platoon is unable to help, as they themselves are busy with a frontal attack by the Japanese. The squad to their far left, under Sergeant Killingsworth, takes casualties and is forced back.

Japanese infantry slip through the small gap created between zones 1 and 2, and assault Sergeant Reeves’ Stuart tank, from Lieutenant sterlingice’s3rd Platoon. Fortunately for our armored boys, the attack fails.

Zone 3
The stubborn Japanese continue to poor into the clearing, and are cut down by machinegun and rifle fire from Lieutenant Qwikshot’s platoon as quickly as they can enter. The northern edge of the clearing is littered with the bodies of the enemy.

Light contact is also encountered on the both ends of zone three as well, but Lieutenant tucker342’s 1st Platoon and Lieutenant Katon’s 3rd Platoon give a good accounting of themselves, holding the Japanese at bay without losses.

Zone 4
The respite earned by A Company is a brief one, but is just enough time for Captain ardent enthusiast’s command platoon to withdraw deeper into the treeline. And none too soon! Mortar fire rains down on the area just vacated by the Captain. Good call, ardent!

After trying their luck up the middle, the Japanese now seem intent on pressing the ends, as infantry move up on the western edge of rice paddy and the eastern edge of the graveyard. Lieutenant Marino’s 3rd Platoon and Lieutenant samifan24’s 1st Platoon stop them cold, though, and now appear to have them pinned in place.

Orders

Zone 1
We’ve got Japanese trying to pierce the area between Lieutenant The Afoci’s 1st Platoon and Lieutenant Blade’s 2nd Platoon. Lieutenant bertogarce’s 1st Armored is dispersed between these two platoons, and Lieutenant Jennings’ 3rd Platoon is between and behind the two, fortunately positioned to stop just such a thrust.

Zone 2
Lieutenant Breeze’s 1st Platoon has trouble on its left side, and is still being pressed from the center. Lieutenant sterlingice’s 3rd Armored is in the area, but this sort of close-range fighting is hazardous for the armor, as witnessed by Sergeant Reeves.

Lieutenant Aesyrqwe’s 2nd Platoon and Lieutenant Superman=#54’s 2nd Armored, on your right side, have yet to make contact with the enemy, and the center is pretty well busy mowing down infantry that keep trying to come up “The Corridor.” Lieutenant JeffNights’ 3rd Platoon is to the rear in the center, being held in reserve.

Zone 3
This is the most stable of the zones right now, and Captain Blade6119’s Company is fairing well. No casualties have been reported yet.

Zone 4
The Japanese are trying to move up the sides, rather than the middle, but have been stopped cold wherever they’ve gone. Aside from Captain ardent enthusiast’s voluntary withdrawal, no ground has been given.

Infantry Captains
Bear in mind that you each have a 60mm mortar team at your disposal, as well as a pair of 81mm mortars to the rear. We also have two dozen small-caliber howitzers available for area bombardment.

Armor Captains
Close-range fighting in these heavily wooded areas can be quite hazardous to armor. Just ask Sergeant Reeves. Keep this in mind.

Let’s have your orders, officers.

Semper Fi!
Allegiances:
Awards:

Last edited by DataKing : 03-03-2003 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:39 PM   #68
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Lt JeffNights, double time it to reinforce Lt Breeze. Everyone else, stay put for now, keep the pressure on em.

Requesting artillery attacks on my left side until my reinforcements arrive.

You may wanna duck, Lt Lackey.

edit: Wouldn't mind some mortar fire down the middle while you heavy weapons boys are at it. Relieve some more pressure.

edit 2b: Screw it. Right flank teams, start scoping out positions for advance. CAUTIOUS advance forward, take your time. I want you to set up a flanking position on the center corridor. How you do it is up to you. Armor units, lend support as best you can. If you can't make it through the trees, fall back and lend support where you can.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 03-03-2003 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:48 PM   #69
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

"Hot damn! Those infantry boys ain't so bad after all. Nice shooting, Qwikshot!"

"Fire & Ice units, hold your positions and stay frosty. This is just the opening number of a long day of dancing."

(Hey Dataking: Even if you can't capture a screenshot, is there any way you can do up a crude map, even if it's in Paint or something? I think it'd help to visualize.)
Old 03-03-2003, 05:07 PM   #70
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I leave it up to the individual platoon commanders to do what is best, but sterlingice...be CAREFUL! Infantry assaults against armor can get deadly, and my suggestion would be to withdraw to an area where you have at at least two hexes of visibility all around, otherwise those fast moving infantry platoons will be on you before you can hit them! However, you know what is best for your men and so defer the decision to you.

Good luck to all.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:09 PM   #71
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

I will stay with Lt. Bootlicker on the right flank.

edit: I want to move all my tanks behind Aes's infantry lines. From that spot my tanks will not be as threatened by enemy infantry. We also gain attack range.

Last edited by Superman=#54 : 03-03-2003 at 05:19 PM.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 05:27 PM   #72
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I am not sure how my men are positioned, but if i have any one set up for reserves, swap them with Udell and have Udell support once his squad regroups. Other wise, shift my squads towards the gap to stop the hole.

Last edited by The Afoci : 03-03-2003 at 05:28 PM.
The Afoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 05:27 PM   #73
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Luzon, The Phillipines

December 11th, 1941

18:27 Hours

“Weapons free. I repeat, all teams weapons free. Send ‘em straight to hell, boys!”

The battle is joined in full, as attacks by the enemy are reported up and down the line. The fighting is close, personal, and at these ranges, very lethal.

Zone 3
The stubborn Japanese continue to poor into the clearing, and are cut down by machinegun and rifle fire from Lieutenant Qwikshot’s platoon as quickly as they can enter. The northern edge of the clearing is littered with the bodies of the enemy.

Light contact is also encountered on the both ends of zone three as well, but Lieutenant tucker342’s 1st Platoon and Lieutenant Katon’s 3rd Platoon give a good accounting of themselves, holding the Japanese at bay without losses.

Zone 3
This is the most stable of the zones right now, and Captain Blade6119’s Company is fairing well. No casualties have been reported yet.

Infantry Captains
Bear in mind that you each have a 60mm mortar team at your disposal, as well as a pair of 81mm mortars to the rear. We also have two dozen small-caliber howitzers available for area bombardment.

Let’s have your orders, officers.

Semper Fi!

well well....it looks like my predictions were correct. The third company will make the japs wish they never know the word marine. I would like my mortar team to open fire on any target it sees, but right now it looks like the attacks are coming straight down the middle...lets try to get it firing there. I will commit my command force to the same area that Lieutenant Qwikshot has his men...its seems the japs are concentrating there, so why not give them more bullets to eat.

i thought this was supposed to be a delay and retreat mission, but it looks to me like the Third Company could make them retreat....is that possible, or does the comp just keep giving them men...is this a certain amout of turns, or how do we know if we achieved our mission?
Demotivation
Old 03-03-2003, 05:50 PM   #74
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

The Japanese will have a finite number of men. It is quite possible to wipe out every unit on the map. However, as WSUCougar said, this is only the beginning, and the Japanese NEVER retreat!

We know we achieved our mission when either our last troop is pulled off of the map or the time limit expires. At that point we are shown our victory points and casualties compared with the Japanese. In a Delay mission like this one, we get more point for each turn we hold the victory hexes. I'm pretty sure we will end up having to retreat, but who knows?
Old 03-03-2003, 06:25 PM   #75
JeffNights
College Prospect

"Alright 3rd platoon! Move out and forward! Lets drive the slants right back where they came from!!"
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 06:39 PM   #76
DataKing
Pro Rookie

OK. Lucky for you guys, I am home sick from work today, so I have had plenty of time to mess with screenshots (between trips to the bathroom, that is ).

I found a seperate screenshot program that works.

A couple of notes regarding the maps:

1. The resolution isn't the greatest, but this should give you some idea of what the battle scene looks like.
2. There are four bitmaps, one for each zone.
3. I chose not to display hex-lines, to reduce the clutter.
4. Visible range is 100 meters, and the distance between one unit symbol and another is 50 meters. That should give you all some idea of the limited visibility we are dealing with. Of course, trees reduce the visibility even more.
5. Zone 3 is big, and was cut off slightly on the edges, so the units on those edges will appear to be missing a squad or two. Not to worry.
6. West is "Up" and East is "down" for the purposes of these shots.

Zone 1

Zone 2

Zone 3

Zone 4

Semper Fi!
Allegiances:
Awards:

Last edited by DataKing : 03-03-2003 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:41 PM   #77
Blade6119
Coordinator

yah...not getting a thing....though sorry bout te sickness
Demotivation
Old 03-03-2003, 06:55 PM   #78
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Ok got the screenshots fixed.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-03-2003, 07:04 PM   #79
Blade6119
Coordinator

veerrrryyyy nnniiiiceeee.....really like all the dead jap bodies
Demotivation
Old 03-03-2003, 07:05 PM   #80
Blade6119
Coordinator

.....umm...sorry, but i just realized that what ive been saying(jap) might be offensive to some people....if you have a problem with it, just post here or pm me and ill stop immediatley.

Sorry if you have taken offense!!
Demotivation
Old 03-03-2003, 07:13 PM   #81
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Blade and Jennings, since the enemy is driving between us or attempting too, should we allow them to come in some and ambush them from three sides or would it be too risky on a delay mission to let them gain any ground uncontested.

I was just asking since on of my groups got its ass kicked and it was forming a natural funnel so if you guys agreed i would look smarter
Old 03-03-2003, 07:27 PM   #82
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

From the looks of things, I think my boys are definatly earning the name Meat Grinder.

CARNAGE!
Old 03-03-2003, 08:48 PM   #83
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm staying dug in unless my Captain has new orders.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 08:56 PM   #84
Blade6119
Coordinator

nope....just moving my men and the mortar up to support you in the center....i do have to commend you with the machine gun request, as you turned out to be right.

But back to cleaning the toilets you insignificant little boy!!!!!
Demotivation
Old 03-03-2003, 08:57 PM   #85
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwikshot
I'm staying dug in unless my Captain has new orders.

Same here. We sit on the rice paddy till they come at us, right Cap'n?
Old 03-03-2003, 09:03 PM   #86
Blade6119
Coordinator

Data, i have tried to play this game but still have yet to figure it out...tried the turorials, but could not find the text files that go along with them....can you please direct me in the right way? Any helpful advice about the game?
Demotivation

Last edited by Blade6119 : 03-03-2003 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:18 PM   #87
Blade
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
Blade and Jennings, since the enemy is driving between us or attempting too, should we allow them to come in some and ambush them from three sides or would it be too risky on a delay mission to let them gain any ground uncontested.

I was just asking since on of my groups got its ass kicked and it was forming a natural funnel so if you guys agreed i would look smarter

If we want to risk it...then let's do it!
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:05 PM   #88
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade6119
veerrrryyyy nnniiiiceeee.....really like all the dead jap bodies

Those aren't bodies, those are active Japanese units that we can see. Naturally, there are a lot more that we cannot see right now.

Blade6119: The text for the tutorials is in the manual. The manual is a big PDF file, and you should have a link to it under your start button somewhere. I believe the tutorials start on page 82. You'll also probably want to print out the page that lists the hotkeys. There are quite a few.

For those of you who have taken a look at the game, it can be pretty detailed, particularly with a large unit like ours.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-03-2003, 11:09 PM   #89
RainRaven
High School JV

Lt. Blade and Lt. Afoci, Considering that Lt. Jennings is in perfect position to mow down the japs if they so choose to try to exploit the gap, then let them, they will be cut through like a hot knife through butter. However, I leave it you to decide if that is the best course of action at this current time, I see no sense in risking a higher body count on our side if you don't feel as though it is a prudent tactic.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:33 AM   #90
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I leave it up to the individual platoon commanders to do what is best, but sterlingice...be CAREFUL! Infantry assaults against armor can get deadly, and my suggestion would be to withdraw to an area where you have at at least two hexes of visibility all around, otherwise those fast moving infantry platoons will be on you before you can hit them! However, you know what is best for your men and so defer the decision to you.

Copy that, sir. Men, fall back. We are no good to the company if we are dead. We need to retreat to more visible land.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 02:21 AM   #91
Tasan
College Starter

Infantry C, I think there is an uncomfortable break in the lines just east of my eastern tank. I'd hate for some Japanese to come through those lines behind us. ANything we can do about it?
Old 03-04-2003, 06:37 AM   #92
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I don't know if the game will let me be this specific...but:

When LT JeffNights arrives, I want to slide some of my men to the left. This will strengthen our flank, allow the new troups to handle the right and we can combine forces to shore up the middle.

Hang in there men, help is on the way!

Breeze
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 09:25 AM   #93
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally posted by samifan24
Same here. We sit on the rice paddy till they come at us, right Cap'n?

Affirm, LT!
Old 03-04-2003, 09:27 AM   #94
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Blade, Jennings maybe we should just partially do it. What i am thinking is I will drop my 2 most western squads back a little and maybe Blade you could bring back your eastern 2. Either that or Jennings could send his 2 squads up on each side some to support us where the enemy appears to be making its drive. I am for either one.

The more I think about it, the less I think we should let them up. I am worried by letting get forward, we could let them establish a wedge between us that we couldn't seal back up? But I also like the idea of letting them in the gap, calling in a mortar strike and then ambushing the hell out of them.

I guess I am confused on what i want to do, but since this is the first mission, I say lets test are luck and risk letting them in the gap and calling in a strike to blow the bastards back. So if blade, jennings, and rain raven are with me, move my western units back enough so they are out of enemy site and set them up for an ambush in the gap.

sorry if this rambling doesn't make sense, i am kinda thinking out loud to see what others have to say.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:44 AM   #95
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Tasan
Infantry C, I think there is an uncomfortable break in the lines just east of my eastern tank. I'd hate for some Japanese to come through those lines behind us. ANything we can do about it?

The break you see in the lines is a narrow one, and if any Japanese did slip in there, they'd catch hell from two sides. I wouldn't worry about this one too much, if I were you. But still, it's always good to point things out like that. I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.

The basic hex in this game is 50 meters across, and the gap you're looking at is 50 meters. So they'd have a hard time slipping someone through there unnoticed.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-04-2003, 10:17 AM   #96
bertogarce
Mascot

Quote:

Zone 1
We’ve got Japanese trying to pierce the area between Lieutenant The Afoci’s 1st Platoon and Lieutenant Blade’s 2nd Platoon. Lieutenant bertogarce’s 1st Armored is dispersed between these two platoons, and Lieutenant Jennings’ 3rd Platoon is between and behind the two, fortunately positioned to stop just such a thrust.

[/b]

The 1st Armored Division will continue to provide support and assistance to Lieutenant The Afoci’s 1st Platoon and Lieutenant Blade’s 2nd Platoon. I just ask you guys to keep me informed and advised of potential changes in strategy.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:24 AM   #97
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The break you see in the lines is a narrow one, and if any Japanese did slip in there, they'd catch hell from two sides. I wouldn't worry about this one too much, if I were you. But still, it's always good to point things out like that. I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.

The basic hex in this game is 50 meters across, and the gap you're looking at is 50 meters. So they'd have a hard time slipping someone through there unnoticed.

I can see three different units that can almost see into the gap. Why not just move one of them over?
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 10:38 AM   #98
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

bertogarce, I don't know how deadly this would be for you, probably a lot, but if our troops fall back to allow an open gap, is it feasable for you to draw them into the gap by attacking and falling back to lead them to the mortar strike and ambush? if so, i think that would be very helpful, if not maybe go to the north end maybe and set up there so your tanks can cover the entire gap.

That is if everyone agrees that we should try to draw them into it.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:43 AM   #99
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Katon
I can see three different units that can almost see into the gap. Why not just move one of them over?

If you're referring to the infantry to your east, those are Lt. Qwikshot's boys, and they're busy hosing the enemy infantry that keep entering "The Clearing."
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-04-2003, 11:49 AM   #100
bertogarce
Mascot

If we are in agreement that we should be drawing them into the gap, then I’m willing to carry out this difficult mission. The 1st Armored Platoon will launch an offensive against the Japanese, then retreat towards the open gap that’s created by the falling back of troops. If all goes according to plan, the enemy will follow us into the open gap, where they will be met with a mortar strike and ambush.

Once we get them following us, don’t leave me hanging guys!