Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2003, 04:49 PM   #151
Aesyrqwe
High School JV

Ok boys, we've held them off so far, lets keep it up. My men will stay dug in. We will let them rush at us and mow them down as they come...
#8 Grossman
#33 Tillman
Aesyrqwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 04:54 PM   #152
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally posted by jfbbis
Maybe time for my platoon to advance just behind Qwikshot and give him support ? What does my captain think of it ?

"Copy that. Deploy half of your tanks in support of Lt. Qwikshot's platoon. Do not overextend! Coordinate with the boys on foot. Give 'em hell. Cougar out."

DataKing: What is the command range for the platoon commanders? In other words, how much separation can we have between the far tanks with the command tank? By the way, the maps are a great help - thanks.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:47 PM   #153
Tasan
College Starter

3rd Platoon, belay those orders, seems the grunts were getting a little jumpy. Advance and provide cover fire, remaining behind the infantry and keep an eye on the corridor to the east of us.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:40 PM   #154
DataKing
Pro Rookie

WSUCougar: The safe command range for command unit is 150 meters (3 hexes). For reference, since I am not including hexes on the maps, the distance between adjacent unit flags is approximately 50 meters. I will generally keep all of the units in a platoon within 150 meters of their command unit. Lieutenant bertogarce's armor is the notable exception right now, as he has been charged with providing armor support for two platoons in Zone 1.

Anything beyond 150 meters and you're relying on radios, and they are anything but reliable (just ask Captain Blade6119).

I'm glad the maps are helpful. I will update them when the time allows and the situation warrants. They are a little time-consuming to put together.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)

Last edited by DataKing : 03-05-2003 at 06:41 PM.
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 06:51 PM   #155
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Yes, the maps are very usefull and are worth the time you spend on them. Keep up the good work Data this has been a pretty fun experince so far.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 06:51 PM   #156
RainRaven
High School JV

I want mortar fire directed at those damn japs on Lt. Afoci's line. The losses of our brothers will not be in vain. Any other ideas that the Lt's have will be considered of course. Afoci, I was slow on the ambush idea but in the end I would've decided againist it anyways, no sense getting fancy and taking huge risks when this is a delaying mission. We will get better chances later to give them plenty of hell.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:54 PM   #157
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. I am having fun running it, and it has certainly added a new aspect to the game for me.

It can be a little difficult to keep up with all of the different orders and questions that come in, so bear with me if I miss something.

And on that happy note...

ORDERS ARE NOW FROZEN.

In the interest of keeping things moving, I am going to run another turn or two now.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 03-05-2003, 08:13 PM   #158
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Just wanted to jump in a say that this is some great stuff! Lots of fun to read! I would vote for keeping everything in one place, though. It's just as much fun to read the group's thinking and brainstorming as it is to read the battle reports. The "chatter" adds a lot of flavor, IMHO.

Keep it up! Semper Fi!

Take it to Tokyo!
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 08:38 PM   #159
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Captain Coffee says there's always a place for GB in his staff.
You can take the role of Radioman Boris, or perhaps even Private Toadie!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 08:56 PM   #160
sony
High School JV

wow
sony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 10:29 PM   #161
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Coffee Warlord
Captain Coffee says there's always a place for GB in his staff.
You can take the role of Radioman Boris, or perhaps even Private Toadie!

Coffee,

Thanks, I would love to—this really looks like it's going to be a great dynasty—but I'm in crunch time for my thesis now and am won't be able to contribute much for another couple of months. I'm stopping by a few times a week though to read though. Really enjoying it! Great idea and great participation!

Thanks though for the offer!
Old 03-05-2003, 10:49 PM   #162
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Luzon, The Phillipines

December 11th, 1941

18:33 Hours

New wrinkles by the Japanese, and a bit of misfortune, threaten to turn the tide of the battle against our brave Marines.

(Note: On these maps, each Japanese flag symbol (the red dot on a white field) represents at least one enemy unit that can be seen.)

Zone 1
American 60mm and 81mm mortar shells slam home to the front and the left of Lieutenant The Afoci’s embattled 1st Platoon. With additional fire support from Lieutenant bertogarce’s 1st Armored, the Marine platoon reforms a contiguous line. Fierce fighting continues to 1st Platoon’s front, but the intensity of the attacks seems to be lessening, no doubt due to the mortar shells crashing to earth 100 meters or so beyond their lines.

Zone 2
At the east end of zone two, Lieutenant Superman=#54’s 2nd Armored moves up to the fire line with Lieutenant Aesyrqwe’s 2nd Platoon, and not a moment too soon! Large numbers of Japanese infantry come storming out of the woods, only to be met by a hail of lead and fiery death from the combined fire of the infantry and the Stuart tanks. The Japanese keep the pressure up, but many of them are killed or forced back deeper into the tree-line.

To the west of the corridor, squads from Lieutenant JeffNights’ 3rd Platoon begin to arrive, and take up positions to the left of Lieutenant Breeze’s 1st Platoon. More American mortar shells slam home to the front of 1st Platoon, taking some of the bite out of the Japanese’ continuous attacks in this area. However, Radioman Boris (part of our lend-lease arrangement with the Russians, no doubt ) is still unable to contact our howitzer batteries to the rear.

Zone 3
To the west of the clearing, Lieutenant tucker342’s 1st Platoon remains under heavy fire, but a timely thrust forward by Lieutenant Tasan’s 3rd Armored helps to fend off the Japanese, at least for the time being.

To the east, the brave Marines of Lieutenant Katon’s 3rd Platoon fight on, inflicting and receiving heavy casualties from the relentless enemy infantry. While most of the platoon holds their ground, Sergeant Glussich’s platoon is caught in a murderous and continuous hail of bullets from the Japanese. Three Marines withdraw to regroup with Lieutenant Katon, but there whereabouts of the rest of the squad is unknown.

But the boys in the center appear to be worse off than either group on the flanks, as all hell breaks loose in and around The Clearing. 81mm mortar shells, some of them “on loan” from Company A, begin dropping at the northern end of the clearing a little further to the west, breaking up the Japanese infantry formations there. At the same time, two Stuarts from Lieutenant jfbbis’ 2nd Armored move up to the southern edge of the clearing, helping to clear out the enemy infantry.

A few 60mm shells land on the Japanese positions as well, then suddenly a particularly loud BOOM is heard from the rear. A faulty mortar round has exploded in the tube. Fortunately, none of the crew of the mortar team were injured, but the tube itself is useless.

As all of this is going on, heavy (and I mean HEAVY) amounts of Japanese mortar fire pours into the area, particularly on the east and southern edges of the clearing. Lieutenant Qwikshot and Captain Blade6119 themselves dive for cover and dare not lift their heads, as the area is absolutely peppered with small and medium-caliber mortar shells, as well as rounds from 75mm long-range guns (a new development in the battle). The bombardment is fierce and terrible, and a few unfortunate Marines are caught without suitable cover.

Zone 4
Just when you thought it was safe to loan out your mortar team…

Captain WSUCougar’s Command Group from Armor A join their compatriots at the edge of the tree-line, joining in the fun of mowing down Japanese infantry attempting to cross the rice paddy. But things are not as they have appeared. More Japanese infantry move into firing range from the tree-line to the west of the rice paddy, and begin to give the Marines of Lieutenant samifan24’s 1st Platoon some trouble.

At the same time, somewhere in the neighborhood of a full company of Japanese infantry emerge from the rain in the graveyard to the east, immediately putting heavy pressure on the Marines of Lieutenant damnMikeBrown’s 2nd Platoon and Lieutenant Icjjdnh’s 1st Armored. No ground is given, and casualties appear to be light on the Marines side, but through the cost of many lives the Japanese appear to be establishing a foothold on our right flank.

ORDERS

Zone 1
Things seem to be calming down, at least for the time being, in zone one. I am sure this is at partially due to the mortar fire being called down on the Japanese in the area.

Zone 2
3rd Platoon is beginning to reinforce 1st Platoon, particularly to their left. That, and the mortar fire to the front of 1st Platoon seems to be taking some of the pressure off. But pressure is mounting to the right. 2nd Platoon and 2nd Armored are fairing well so far against the enemy on the right, but there seem to be more of the Japanese waiting to pounce.

Lieutenant sterlingice, if you want to get into the action, the most logical place would be to move up to 1st Platoon’s firing line. However, doing so is not without hazard, as you will be susceptible to Japanese assault tactics. Just so you know.

Zone 3
There is a world of hurt coming down on the east side of the clearing, and a number of units in that area are on the verge of panic. At the same time, 3rd Platoon is being hard-pressed to the east. The 60mm mortar team is nothing more than a glorified rifle squad now, and I suspect Captain ardent enthusiast will be “asking” for his 81mm mortars back.

Ahhh…the joys of command.

Zone 4
What looked to be the quietest sector in our area has suddenly become rather noisy. You’ve got Japanese moving in through the trees to your far left, as well as about a company trying to work their way through the graveyard. The Marines of Company A and Stuarts from Armored Company A are holding them back for now, but the numbers of the Japanese are impressive.

You are well within your rights to demand your 81mm mortar teams back from zone three.

ORDERS ARE NOW OPEN.

Semper Fi!
Allegiances:
Awards:

Last edited by DataKing : 03-05-2003 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:11 PM   #163
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

If I pull my threatened wing (East?) back I'll leave Katon in danger. but I'd want to only move a hex or two back.

I'd like to keep the western part dug in still and cover the clearing as I believe there will be a rush coming soon.

If I can just get those units in harms way back into better positions that's what I'd like to do without giving up too much ground.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 11:52 PM   #164
Tasan
College Starter

anyone else wanting to contribute to the "remove the damn stamp from the screenshot" fund? I know I am. ;- )

Anyway, how are the infantry doing around my tanks? I'd like to 'cover' my tanks again so I don't have to be assaulted directly, but I don't want to leave the infantry hanging thin and in low moral.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:00 AM   #165
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwikshot
If I pull my threatened wing (East?) back I'll leave Katon in danger. but I'd want to only move a hex or two back.

I'd like to keep the western part dug in still and cover the clearing as I believe there will be a rush coming soon.

If I can just get those units in harms way back into better positions that's what I'd like to do without giving up too much ground.

This movement has my full support, but i have a few additional orders....with the 60 mm out, lets move that rifle team up to help the center...id like also to ask Lietenant jfibbs if he would move his back 3 tanks forward to support Lt. Katon...it sounds like he needs it. If ardent is taking away his mortars(he has every right), can i get some of the bombardment that coffee has been callin for??
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Last edited by Blade6119 : 03-06-2003 at 12:01 AM.
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 12:38 AM   #166
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Woohoo! We've been given the "thumbs-up" from Mr. Interactive Dynasty himself, Godzilla Blitz! I'm blushing!

Glad you've enjoyed the read GB. Good luck with the thesis. I'm sure we can find you a spot on the roster when you're done with all that silly academic work and are ready to get back to what really matters.

Tasan: The license stamp may be a little annoying, but it's $35 to buy a license. A bit pricey if you ask me.

As far as your tanks go, it's a trade-off. If you leave them up close, then they can add their firepower to fighting off the enemy, but run the risk of being assaulted. But if you pull them back, it's damn near impossible to get a line-of-sight on the enemy, meaning you can't fire.

We can't be sure, but I suspect that tucker342's infantry will continue to be pressured, judging by what we have seen thus far. The decision is up to you and Captain WSUCougar, naturally.

Blade6119: Assuming that Radioman Boris can ever get through on the radio, then howitzer support is yours. We've got guns galore that should be available. These are area-fire pieces though, so targeting them a safe distance from your own infantry can be tricky.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-06-2003, 12:41 AM   #167
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'll do what's best for us as a whole. sachmo71, I'm awaiting your orders, sir.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 12:44 AM   #168
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

What is the games facility for counter fire on the Japanese long guns? Are our mortars able to function as a counter battery, or are they strictly harrasment/supression weapons here?

Is entrenchment a single command, or are there varying levels of entrenchment?
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 12:49 AM   #169
DataKing
Pro Rookie

damnMikeBrown: True entrenchment isn't really available in delay missions, only defend missions. The best we can do on a delay mission is "in cover," which is accomplished by setting a unit's stance to "defend." This was done right at the beginning, so your boys are as well protected as they're going to get, I'm afriad.

The ability of a unit to use cover to protect themselves is a function of their experience, as well as terrain (which is why we set up on the tree-line), so they will get better at it as the war progresses (assuming they survive).

Our howitzers are capable of counter-battery fire against the Japanese long guns, but this is something completely out of our hands. The only thing we can do to help this out is to leave some of the howitzers idle (which definitely isn't a problem, since Radioman Boris can't get them on the horn anyway).

Let me know if this doesn't answer your questions.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-06-2003, 06:19 AM   #170
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

"Captain blade6119, I don't like the sound of that Jap artillery. Your infantry has a bit of a salient at the east edge of the clearing, and I'd expect them to get slammed. I'm putting Lt. jfbbis' platoon of Stuarts at your immediate disposal. I'd recommend moving them up to support that area, but it's your call on the ground. Lt. jfbbis, acknowledge, and fire the rest of your tanks up ASAP. It's gonna get hot."

"Lt. Icjjdnh, let's hit the Japs while they're in the open in the graveyard. Pile 'em high!"

DataKing: please redploy a couple of my tanks to support the west end of the rice paddy (where the Japanese are advancing).
Old 03-06-2003, 06:25 AM   #171
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Someone tell Boris if he doesn't get through to the "Big Guns" I'm going to tell Ginger he has herpies.

With support arriving for my men and action heating up elseware, tell Boris to order the first Howitzer attack for Blade. (but don't forget about us...I'm sure things are going to get ugly again.)

Otherwise, we'll continue to hold the line.

Captain Coffee, any additional orders, SIR?
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 09:11 AM   #172
AStott
Mascot

Quote:
Originally posted by DataKing
As far as your tanks go, it's a trade-off. If you leave them up close, then they can add their firepower to fighting off the enemy, but run the risk of being assaulted. But if you pull them back, it's damn near impossible to get a line-of-sight on the enemy, meaning you can't fire.

Actually, there is a good chance that the tanks can use indirect fire to hit areas that are beyond their own 2 hex spotting range, but which don't have a line of sight blocked by trees or hills. Try using the 'Z' key to attack a hex. This would allow the tanks to pound hexes in which the infantry has spotted enemy units without having to move into potential assault range. Mostly this will just increase suppression levels on the enemy units, but you may also get some occasional kills. In this situation, suppression is extremely useful because it'll slow down the enemy's advance giving the marines more time to mow them down with rifle fire.
AStott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 09:32 AM   #173
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Dataking, I'm having trouble keeping track of all of the Lieutenants being mentioned. Could we add the company to the descriptions as well as the platoon? At least until everyone get's comfortable with who belongs to who, and I think it might make this MAGNIFICENT dynasty a little easier to read! Example: 1st Platoon, Armor A or 3rd Platoon Infantry B?

Orders: Sterlingice, I leave it up to you as to how to handle your deployment. Everyone, if you don't have line of sight, resort to indirect fire.

Last edited by sachmo71 : 03-06-2003 at 09:36 AM.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 09:37 AM   #174
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Boris! Get through on that radio, or I'm sending your ass back to the Russian front!

Mortar teams. Those of you targeting the left flank, retrain to shell the treeline on the right flank.

Corridor mortar teams, if we have enemy contact in that area, continue fire. If it's clear, move mortar attacks to the left flank.
Don't get comfortable shelling the left flank though, as your main priority is supressing enemies in that Corridor.

Left and right flank platoons, hang on to what we got. Left flank, you'll get your mortars back soon, but I want some pressure on the right for a bit. You got grenades, use em, if they help.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:25 AM   #175
bertogarce
Mascot

Glad to hear things have calmed down in Zone 1 and a contiguous line has been formed again. 1st Armored Platoon will go wherever we’re needed. Captain Sachmo, let me know if you want us to remain in Zone 1, or head somewhere else.

OOC: Great read! I'm happy to be part of this thread.
bertogarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 10:36 AM   #176
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwikshot

Don't worry about me. I'm also going to be giving a little ground. I'll pull back enough to both get my units to a slightly safer position and let Qwikshot pull his east wing back as far as he wants.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 11:14 AM   #177
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Hold position boys. Since we are regrouped, you can stop the mortar fire and save for those who need it.

Rain Raven- I understand wanting to hold back, but I was getting antsy to kick their ass all at once.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:18 AM   #178
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Bertogarce: Unless you can see a need to move, I'd rather you hold position.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:40 AM   #179
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lieutenant sterlingice, if you want to get into the action, the most logical place would be to move up to 1st Platoon’s firing line. However, doing so is not without hazard, as you will be susceptible to Japanese assault tactics. Just so you know.

Quote:
Orders: Sterlingice, I leave it up to you as to how to handle your deployment. Everyone, if you don't have line of sight, resort to indirect fire.

Well, I don't know much about tactics, but I do know that I'm not doing anything to help right now so we're moving up to help them out.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 12:20 PM   #180
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Katon
Don't worry about me. I'm also going to be giving a little ground. I'll pull back enough to both get my units to a slightly safer position and let Qwikshot pull his east wing back as far as he wants.

Now that Lt. Katon is aware of my plans, please pull back the soldiers under heavy bombardment a few hexes but I still want them to have a good line of sight.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:48 PM   #181
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Thanks, it did answer my question. I went to bed, and thought of another one though.

What about soldier fatigue? Is it modeled here? I see where some of us are antsy to advance upon Japanese troops, after they've been under fire. Does a turn with no activity help the troops or is it merely a turn with no activity?
Old 03-06-2003, 12:51 PM   #182
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Soldier fatigue is not taken into account in the game, but suppression is. A unit that is under fire (particularly from mortars and other "big guns) or takes casualties will either get pinned in place, or will retreat. Unit sergeants and their commanders can work to reduce suppression, but it can take time (a couple of turns for heavily suppressed units).
Allegiances:
Awards:

Last edited by DataKing : 03-06-2003 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:57 PM   #183
DataKing
Pro Rookie

(Orders from ardent enthusiast for Infantry Company A).

1. Redirect 60mm mortar and machinegun fire to tree-line at the left end of the zone.
2. Lt. samifan24, provide crossfire on the graveyard if possible (this is likely to be unfeasible. samifan24's men are busy with Japanese infantry between the graveyard and rice paddy, and the range is too great to be able to see most of the enemy in the graveyard).

Well, I suppose I'll need to recall my mortar and
> have them concentrate
> their fire over the graveyard. Just hope I don't
> end up picking bone out of
> my hair over the next couple of days.

Edit: Orders changed. 81mms ARE being recalled from Company C.
Allegiances:
Awards:

Last edited by DataKing : 03-06-2003 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:00 PM   #184
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71
Dataking, I'm having trouble keeping track of all of the Lieutenants being mentioned. Could we add the company to the descriptions as well as the platoon? At least until everyone get's comfortable with who belongs to who, and I think it might make this MAGNIFICENT dynasty a little easier to read! Example: 1st Platoon, Armor A or 3rd Platoon Infantry B?

No problem, I'll do this, at least for the time being.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-06-2003, 01:13 PM   #185
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
No problem, I'll do this, at least for the time being.

Thanks a ton!
Old 03-06-2003, 01:49 PM   #186
bertogarce
Mascot

1st Armored Platoon will hold our position in Zone 1.
bertogarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 01:53 PM   #187
Tasan
College Starter

Okay keep my tanks in front line position with the infantry but keep an eye on how close their guys are getting, we may need to fall back a little and regroup our defesive line if they start assaulting the tanks directly.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:05 PM   #188
jfbbis
n00b

"I'm putting Lt. jfbbis' platoon of Stuarts at your immediate disposal. I'd recommend moving them up to support that area, but it's your call on the ground. Lt. jfbbis, acknowledge, and fire the rest of your tanks up ASAP"
Acknowledge ! Unless asked otherwise by Blade6119, i'll just advance towards the east edge of the clearing and engage whatever is there.
Uh, whatever hostile is there sounds maybe better, doesn't it ?
jfbbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 03:09 PM   #189
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by WSUCougar
[B
"Lt. Icjjdnh, let's hit the Japs while they're in the open in the graveyard. Pile 'em high!"
[/b]

Sounds captain. Let's concentrate on trying to force the forces in the graveyard further back east where we can keep them in the open. It could be tougher to get them if they get into the rice paddy, so if we could pinch those in the graveyard off it would be good.
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 03:13 PM   #190
samifan24
Pro Starter

Dataking- My men are being held up by Japanese near the rice paddy. If I could get some help, I could sweep them back and move to provide crossfire on the graveyard. What do you suggest?
Old 03-06-2003, 03:16 PM   #191
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by samifan24
Dataking- My men are being held up by Japanese near the rice paddy. If I could get some help, I could sweep them back and move to provide crossfire on the graveyard. What do you suggest?

Not advisable, as you have Japanese infantry coming through the trees to the west of the rice paddy as well between the paddy and the graveyard.

I would advise waiting to see what develops in the graveyard. The Japanese have strong numbers there, but are facing a lot of firepower (infantry, machineguns, and tanks). Captain ardent enthusiast is also going to bring the 81mm mortars to bear down there.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-06-2003, 03:34 PM   #192
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

I wil hold my position on the right flank with Lt. Bootlicker. Nice we get some motar fire on the right side not that we need it.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 03:49 PM   #193
Aesyrqwe
High School JV

Ok, stay dug in. Let them rush us and we will send them right back. Also we got mortar fire which will ease them off our backs a bit.
#8 Grossman
#33 Tillman
Aesyrqwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 07:04 PM   #194
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I am progressing the game, so...

ORDERS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-06-2003, 09:19 PM   #195
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Commander DataKing: I have to admit that my priorities are really screwed up when I have to turn down serving our country in the jungles of Asia to write a silly graduate thesis. It's hard to be back here on the homefront safe behind my computer and read about the violent ugliness that's going on in that bloody stretch of jungle. I would much rather pick up a rifle and be in a foxhole. Great stuff, though. This next graveyard rush looks to be nasty, and who knows how much more the Japanese have got left to give? They seem to be coming in endless waves.

Remember the Alamo!

Oops. Wait. We lost that one, didn't we?

Remember Bunker Hill?

Did we lose that one too?

Oh, well. Just give 'em hell!
Old 03-06-2003, 10:19 PM   #196
DataKing
Pro Rookie

It looks like it may be a day or two before I can post the next write-up, and the next batch of maps. You can blame Hattrick for part of it, and real life for the rest of it, if you feel the need to do so.

A couple of things...

1. Don't blame Boris any more for not being able to call up the Howitzers. It turns out that we're out of range. My bad.
2. The Meat Grinder's 81mm mortars are now out of ammo.
3. Infantry Company C is getting beaten and battered, but 1st Platoon (Lieutenant tucker342) are proving themselves to be damn fine Marines.
4. The carnage continues on all fronts.

I hope to have the next batch of information ready for you guys on Saturday. Stay tuned!
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-06-2003, 10:20 PM   #197
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
2. The Meat Grinder's 81mm mortars are now out of ammo.

Eeep.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 03-06-2003 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:56 PM   #198
samifan24
Pro Starter

Hold your ground, men, hold your ground!!
Old 03-06-2003, 11:20 PM   #199
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by samifan24
Hold your ground, men, hold your ground!!

I am the dread pirate roberts!!!

Seriously, I feared my platoon would get mauled. Now I have to be held in suspense until Saturday....
Old 03-07-2003, 12:02 AM   #200
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

You don't have to be the fastest guy in a retreat. You just have to be faster than the guy behind you.