Old 03-25-2003, 11:38 PM   #301
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I understand. Broadswords...dismissed!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 11:06 PM   #302
tucker342
Pro Starter

hey that's completely cool. Come back whenever you're ready!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 03:45 PM   #303
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Atten...SHUN!

I'd like to get this dynasty back up and running again shortly. I feel that I am comfortable with the subject matter once again, and would like to return to the fun I was having running the game and writing the report. In light of that, two things:

1. I want to make sure that our company and platoon commanders are still out there and interested in participating. Please sound off to let me know whether or not you are still interested.

2. When I do get this up and running again (assuming there is still interest), I will probably pick up the pace a little bit, and run more than a turn or two at a time whenever possible. Otherwise, we will all be little old FOFCers by the time the war is over. Let me know your thoughts on this, if any.

I will probably be out of town this weekend, so I will be looking to get this started again early next week.

That is all. Dismissed.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 03:49 PM   #304
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Captain Coffee Warlord and the Meat Grinders are at your command.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 04:05 PM   #305
Katon
College Benchwarmer

I'm still here.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 04:08 PM   #306
Blade
College Prospect

I am definitely still here and ready to go!

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 04:09 PM   #307
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Broadswords are ready to come out of cryogenic sleep.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:21 PM   #308
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Broadsword 3rd Platoon CO: Lieutenant sterlingice reporting back for duty, Colonel old man. And it's good to see sachmo71 made it back because a commanding Captain's a good thing to have.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 04:44 PM   #309
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Ready and now armed with Crawfish.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:45 PM   #310
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
Ready and now armed with Crawfish.

The next time we run out of mortar rounds, we can lob angry, and I mean angry, crawfish at the Japanese. Brilliant!
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 06-10-2003, 06:13 PM   #311
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Still here
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 07:37 PM   #312
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Back for more crack err... I mean action. Yea thats it!
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 07:41 PM   #313
Aesyrqwe
High School JV

Lt. Bootlicker Reporting for duty Sir!

-Aes-
#8 Grossman
#33 Tillman
Aesyrqwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 08:07 PM   #314
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

We're knee deep in gore, but we're ready.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 08:51 PM   #315
tucker342
Pro Starter

ready for action sir!
Old 06-10-2003, 11:24 PM   #316
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Anchors...shoot.

I mean...

Semper Fi

Or something.

Old 06-11-2003, 01:48 PM   #317
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

LT. Lackey...I mean Breeze, Reporting for duty.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 09:05 PM   #318
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Just an FYI. I have played the next few turns, and should have the write-up done late tonight. But first, The Sands of Iwo Jima is on and I must watch it. Should give me some good material.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 06-20-2003, 01:19 AM   #319
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Luzon, The Phillipines

The battle rages on, and the withdrawal continues across much of the front. The Japanese press the Marine lines hard, particularly in the west. The line draws dangerously thin in spots…

18:57 Hours

Zone 1

There remains no action on the west side of the zone, as the Japanese do not appear to be attempting to flank us. The same cannot be said for the east side of the line, however. Lieutenant The Afoci’s command squad and Lieutenant bertogarce’s own Stuart tank fight off a squad of enemy infantry that emerge from the trees. But as soon as those troops are forced back, more of the persistent enemy emerge, and a fierce firefight ensues. One of the men from Lieutenant The Afoci’s squad catches a bullet in the throat, and expires with a wet gurgle, but the Marines hold the line.

Zone 2

The action remains fast and furious in Zone 2, as the withdrawing troops of Lieutenant sterlingice’s 3rd Platoon, Armor B and Lieutenant JeffNights’ 3rd Platoon, Infantry D catch harassing fire from the northwest. The superior firepower of the Marines is able to force the enemy to hold back, but soon mortar fire begins to drop among the Marines.

In the center, Captain Coffee Warlord’s Infantry D command squad is able to pull back in good order, thanks in no small part to the assistance of the Stuart tanks of Captain sachmo71’s Armor B Command, who fend off another small Japanese attack up the middle.

In the meantime, the machinegun teams from Infantry D hop onto the hulls of Lieutenant Superman=#54’s 2nd Platoon, Armor B, and are quickly transported to positions near their captain. The withdrawal of the armor and Lieutenant Aesyrqwe’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry D continues with little trouble.

Zone 3

The withdrawal of C Company and their supporting armor continues, and no contact is made with the Japanese.

Zone 4

The west edge of Zone 4 sees some action, as the brave Marines of Lieutenant samifan24’s 1st Platoon, Infantry A fend off a probe by the Japanese as they fall back. Shortly thereafter, Japanese infantry attempt to swing into position on the left flank, but are easily beaten back, thanks in no small part to the superior firepower and marksmanship of Captain WSUCougar’s Armor A Command.

The withdrawal of the rest of A Company continues unhindered.

19:00 Hours

Zone 1

Japanese troops continue to press The Afoci’s 1st Platoon, Infantry B and Lieutenant bertogarce’s 1st Platoon, Armor B. They seem to be attacking in waves, oblivious to the losses their own men are sustaining. The fighting remains fierce, and at close range. 1st Platoon, Infantry B sustains two more casualties, but hold their ground.

Zone 2

The heavy mortar fire on the western edge of the zone causes a couple of casualties among the Marines, but still most are able to continue their withdrawal. Not all, however, as one of the squads from Lieutenant JeffNights’ 3rd Platoon, Infantry D are firmly pinned in place, unable to move without threat of being immediately cut down.

The withdrawal continues smoothly across the rest of the area, however.

Zone 3

The relative silence in Zone 3 is broken quite suddenly, as a full platoon of Japanese infantry burst forth from the trees in front of Lieutenant tucker342’s 1st Platoon, Infantry C and Lieutenant Tasan’s 3rd Platoon, Armor A. A brief and vicious firefight ensues. Two Marines fall, but our boys give better than they get, and the Japanese are forced to fall back and regroup.

The rest of the troops of C Company continue their withdrawal without incident.

Zone 4

Mortar shells begin to fall in the area abandoned by the men of Lieutenant samifan24’s 1st Platoon, Infantry A mere moments before. Other than that, the withdrawal continues smoothly.

19:03 Hours

Zone 1

The fighting is furious for the men of Lieutenant The Afoci’s 1st Platoon, Infantry B and Lieutenant bertogarce’s 1st Platoon, Armor B. Heavy Japanese mortar fire hits the right side of the line, and the unfortunate Marines there do not escape unscathed. As soon as the mortars let up, Japanese infantry charges forward yet again. The Marines are being tested, both mentally and physically, by the repeated charges, and the line is growing dangerously thin. One squad of Japanese even gets close enough to attempt an assault on one of Lieutenant bertogarce’s Stuarts, but fortunately it fails.

Shortly after the most recent Japanese attack melts away, the welcome sound of howitzer shells greets the ears of those Marines with intact eardrums. The elation at the sound suddenly turns to horror, however, as some of the shells land among the Marine positions…

Zone 2

The withdrawal in the middle of the zone goes with little hindrance, but both ends are struck by the Japanese. The pinned squad from Lieutenant JeffNights’ 3rd Platoon, Infantry D, commanded by Sergeant Huck, are hit hard from the west, sustaining casualties, and are forces east, north of the line, in order to elude their attackers.

At the same time, the far right side of the line is struck, as the Japanese suddenly and violently attack the men of Lieutenant Aesyrqwe’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry D and Lieutenant Superman=#54’s 2nd Platoon, Armor B. One of Infantry D’s squads, at the far right of the line, are mauled by rifle and machinegun fire from the enemy, and only two men are able to stumble away from the carnage intact.

Zone 3

One squad of Japanese infantry strike at Lieutenant tucker342’s 1st Platoon, Infantry C and Lieutenant Tasan’s 3rd Platoon, Armor A. The Marines do suffer one casualty before beating back the enemy, but are able to continue their withdrawal.

The rest of Infantry C continues to back off unmolested.

Zone 4

All contact seems to have been broken with the Japanese, at least for the time being, and the withdrawal continues unhindered in Zone 4.

STATUS

Zone 1

1st Platoon is getting worn down quite rapidly, and are also in considerable danger of suffering from “blue-on-blue.” Something needs to be done to help them, Captain RainRaven.

The 60mm mortar team reports that their rounds are nearly spent. The 81mm mortar teams have only enough ammo left for a few minutes of sustained bombardment.

Zone 2

Sergeant Huck’s squad is out there in no man’s land, but you risk additional troops if you send someone out there to help them out. It’s your call, Captain Coffee Warlord.

One thing that you do need to do is shift some troops to the southeast, about 100 yards or so. A small gap has developed between your zone and zone three, and we can’t risk having the Japanese slip through the crack.

Also, you’ve got about another 100 yards to withdraw before the howitzers can give you any direct help in the middle or the right side.

Zone 3

The withdrawal is going well, all things considered, but you do have another 200 yards or so to go yet.

The 81mm mortar teams report that they have enough ammo left for about 3 minutes of sustained fire.

Zone 4

Contact has been broken and all is going well. About 300 yards to go yet, though.

ORDERS ARE NOW OPEN!

I’ve got a busy couple of days planned, so I will not be able to get back to this until Sunday. You have until then to post your orders.

Semper Fi!
Allegiances:
Awards:

Last edited by DataKing : 06-30-2003 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:43 AM   #320
Aesyrqwe
High School JV

Me and my men are up for the challenge of covering that gap. If I can get Lt. Superman's Tank support to help me out there, I'm sure we'd do a whole hellava lot better.. Also I could get some payback from shooting up my squad like they did..

-Aes-
#8 Grossman
#33 Tillman
Aesyrqwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 02:36 AM   #321
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

If my armor are too far back to help then never mind, but I'd like to help those in Zone 2 if I can and if it's not suicide. Then again, does an armor unit aid in escape or just get risk getting destroyed and getting in the way?

SI

Old 06-20-2003, 09:01 AM   #322
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by Aesyrqwe
Me and my men are up for the challenge of covering that gap. If I can get Lt. Superman's Tank support to help me out there, I'm sure we'd do a whole hellava lot better.. Also I could get some payback from shooting up my squad like they did..

-Aes-

You want it, you got it. My machine gun team will cover your rear while you advance.

"Radioman O'Brian! Get your irish butt up here and call Sergeant Huck. Tell him to sit tight and that help is on the way."

"Aye, but Cap'n. You said it yourself. You nay be sending help to the lads just yet."

"They don't need to know that. I won't risk it until we have our flanks secured. Until then, we're still withdrawing, and they are still on their own."
Old 06-20-2003, 09:04 AM   #323
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I will personally move Broadsword's command platoon to get that pinned squad out of danger. Anyone who wants to come along is welcome! Let's go get our boys!

VROOM! VROOM! Listen to those Detroit engines whine! LET'S GO!!!
Old 06-20-2003, 02:48 PM   #324
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

I'll do what Lt. Bootlicker wants.

Let's get this going!
Old 06-23-2003, 07:32 PM   #325
DataKing
Pro Rookie

ORDERS ARE NOW CLOSED.

I am advancing the game now. Look for the next update later tonight (Monday).
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 06-24-2003, 12:55 AM   #326
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Luzon, The Philippines

Despite heavy losses, it appears that the tide may finally be turning in the west, as the Marines are finally able to bring the full weight of their artillery to bear. However, the same cannot be said for other points along the line, as the withdrawal continues, and the line grows a bit precarious at points…

19:06 Hours

Zone 1

Mortar fire continues to rain down on the heads of the Marines in Lieutenant The Afoci’s 1st Platoon, Infantry B. The incessant Japanese attacks are close to creating a breach, despite the best efforts of the Marines from 1st Platoon and the Stuart tanks of Lieutenant bertogarce’s 1st Platoon, Armor B. Lieutenant Jennings’ 3rd Platoon, Infantry B is ordered to shift to the east, directly behind the men of 1st Platoon, in case a retreat is necessary.

This shift happens not a moment too soon. As the mortar fire lets up once more, what seems like hordes of the enemy set upon the Marines. Attacking in platoon strength at the very least, the attackers take heavy casualties, but the Marines of 1st Platoon have been simply worn down. One squad is reduced to a mere pair of healthy Marines, who are forced to withdraw. Shortly thereafter, Japanese troops swarm over one of the Stuarts from 1st Armored, tossing a live grenade into a hatch and blowing the machine to pieces.

The disruption of the lines and the heavy casualties they have sustained leaves 1st Platoon with no choice but to fall back.

Zone 2

Radioman O’Brian throws down his X-Com radio in disgust.

“It’s no bloody use, cap’n. I kinna get Sergeant Hoock on tha blasted radio. I might as well be usin’ two ration cans an a wee bit o’ string, for all the good these damn things do us.”

Captain Coffee Warlord attempts to digest this information, and wonders where exactly O’Brian materialized from in the first place. Shortly thereafter, a throaty roar is plainly heard, and the three Stuart tanks of Captain sachmo71’s Armor B Command go rushing past, back towards the north and the enemy. One hundred meters to the north, Captain sachmo71 opens his hatch and watches as five hollow-eyed Marines, including one very relieved-looking Sergeant Huck, emerge from the jungle and scramble onto the hulls of the tanks. The tanks immediately shift into reverse gears and back out of the area, the gunners unleashing a hail of machinegun fire to discourage any pursuit by the Japanese.

Shortly thereafter, Captain sachmo71’s Stuarts return to their previous firing positions, and the Marines jump off. Sergeant Huck flashes a weary grin at Captain sachmo71 as he gathers his men.

“Thanks, Cap! Owe you a beer!” With that, the Marines match south, and soon rejoin their platoon-mates.

No sooner do the Marines disappear into the jungle, then two squads of Japanese infantry emerge from the trees in pursuit. The superior firepower of the machinegun teams in the area and the Stuarts easily cause these units to withdraw, however.

At the same time all of this is going on, the Marines of Lieutenant Aesyrqwe’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry B and Lieutenant Superman=#54’s 2nd Platoon, Armor B, are hastily shifting to the southeast in order to cover the gap which has developed with Zone 3. Lieutenant Aesyrqwe’s men move to fill the gap, and quickly find themselves in a sharp engagement with a platoon of Japanese infantry, no doubt attempting to exploit the gap. With the aid of the Stuarts, the Marines are able to fight the Japanese to a stand-still.

Zone 3

The Marines of Captain Blade6119’s Infantry Company C continue their withdrawal largely unmolested, although a trailing squad from Lieutenant Qwikshot’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry C does exchange relatively harmless gunfire with what appears to be a Japanese probing squad.

Zone 4

Zone 4 remains quiet as the men of Captain ardent enthusiast’s Infantry Company A continue their withdrawal. Some Marines get all the luck.

19:09 Hours

Zone 1

Seventy-five millimeter howitzer shells begin to hammer the area just recently vacated by the retreating Marines of Lieutenant The Afoci’s 1st Platoon, Infantry B and Lieutenant bertogarce’s 1st Platoon, Armor B. This, combined with supporting fire from the company’s machinegun teams, allow the remnants of 1st Platoon to join the Marines of Lieutenant Jennings’ 3rd Platoon, Infantry B unmolested.

Zone 2

Lieutenant JeffNights’ 3rd Platoon, Infantry D and Lieutenant sterlingice’s 3rd Platoon, Armor B are finally able to complete their withdrawal, and form a line well inside of the extreme range of the Marines’ howitzers. Lieutenant Breeze’s 1st Platoon, Infantry D are also able to get clear, and begin to shift to the east to even out the lines. Marine howitzer shells begin to fall to the north, as the artillery boys are finally able to earn their keep, and hopefully keep the Japanese off of the Marines’ backs.

Things do not go as smoothly to the east, however. With continued and valuable fire support from Lieutenant Superman=#54’s 2nd Platoon, Armor B, the men of Lieutenant Aesyrqwe’s platoon are able to complete their shift, but still have ground to cover to the south before they can come within the artillery umbrella. Unfortunately, they still appear to be in danger of enemy bombardment, as 81mm mortar shells and 75mm cannon shells begin to land within their ranks. The bombardment is fierce, and at least two Marines are wounded by the numerous explosions.

Zone 3

More gunfire is exchanged between Marines from Lieutenant Qwikshot’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry C and pursuing Japanese troops, as the Marines scramble to get out of the open ground which they have found themselves upon. Lieutenant jfbbis dispatches one of the Stuarts from 2nd Platoon, Armor A to provide fire support for the Marines.

Otherwise, the withdrawal continues without incident.

Zone 4

Quiet as a tomb.

19:12 Hours

Zone 1

Some enemy troops appear to have slipped through the bombardment to the north, and attack the line. These troops appear to have been rattled, at the very least, by the shelling, and are easily forced back by the fresh Marines of Lieutenant Jennings’ 3rd Platoon, Infantry B and the four remaining Stuarts of Lieutenant bertogarce’s 1st Platoon, Armor B. Many of the Marines from Lieutenant The Afoci’s 1st Platoon, Infantry B have managed to slip back from the lines, welcome for any respite they can find, however brief.

Zone 2

Marine howitzers continue to shell the between Zones 1 and 2, lending their assistance wherever they can, and it seems to be doing the trick here. Only one small attack is mounted against the western part of the line, and is easily driven back by Lieutenant JeffNights’ 3rd Platoon, Infantry D and Lieutenant sterlingice’s 3rd Platoon, Armor B.

The same cannot be said for the eastern part of the line, where Lieutenant Aesyrqwe’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry D and Lieutenant Superman=#54’s 2nd Platoon, Armor B still remain outside of friendly artillery range. The fierce bombardment by the Japanese continues, holding the Marines in place. Rifle and machinegun fire are added to the cacophony by the Japanese. To their credit, the grunts and the tank crews do their best, and hold the Japanese at bay, despite being pinned.

Zone 3

The Japanese probing efforts in the center of the retreating line turn into a full on attack. The Stuart tank of Sergeant Franco, dispatched by Lieutenant jfbbis to support the grunts, lends its considerable firepower to the exchange. While many Japanese are cut down, the tank Marines in the immediate area are outnumbered, and the squad caught on open ground is quickly cut down. Sergeant Franco continues to cut loose on the enemy positions, as the few able-bodied Marines remaining from Sergeant Easter’s squad run past and out of harm’s way.

Things remain quiet across the rest of the zone.

Zone 4

The Marines in Zone 4 continue their march to the south without contact by the Japanese.

STATUS

Zone 1

The entire area is now safely under the umbrella of friendly artillery fire, and enemy contact seems to be dying off because of that. Lieutenant Jennings’ platoon has taken the place of Lieutenant The Afoci’s platoon on the line, giving The Afoci’s men a chance to regroup.

A few precious mortar rounds remain for the 60mm and 81mm mortars. I have yet to hear from Captain RainRaven, so I am releasing command of the mortars to the individual platoon commanders.

Zone 2

We’re in good shape in the western portion of the zone, where the howitzers are now pounding the area to the north. A fairly contiguous line is nearly completed.

To the east, however, Lieutenants Aesyrqwe and Superman=#54 are in a fair amount of trouble. They’re pinned down, at least for the moment, and unless the enemy bombardment lets up soon, they could easily find themselves in a very tough, close-range fight. They still need to withdraw about 100 yards before artillery support in the area is a safe possibility.

Zone 3

One squad did get caught in the open during the retreat, but the rest of the troops in the area are under pretty good cover. There are definitely Japanese troops at the other end of the open area, but we have no idea where else they might be in this zone.

You still need to cover about another 100 yards before the howitzers can be brought to bear. You do have a few 81mm mortar rounds left, though.

Zone 4

You guys must be living right, because you’ve had it the easiest by far. No contact with the enemy for some time now. The eastern edge of the zone only needs to fall back another 50 yards or so. Captain WSUCougar and Lieutenant samifan24 are a little behind, however, and still need to cover about 150 yards.

ORDERS ARE NOW OPEN!

Semper Fi!
Allegiances:
Awards:

Last edited by DataKing : 06-30-2003 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:09 AM   #327
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Should I got help out in the eastern side of zone 2 or should I just hold out where I'm at because we're doing well?

SI

Old 06-24-2003, 09:20 AM   #328
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Broadsword, cover the infantry, and DO NOT LEAVE ANYONE BEHIND!
Old 06-24-2003, 10:33 AM   #329
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

If the Broadswords and the squad they just rescued can cover the position I'm about to weaken, Meat Grinder Command is going to attempt to flank the Japanese pinning down my boys to the east.

As soon as you guys can get your asses back to (relative) safety, do it.

No new orders for the rest of you. Sit tight, and FIND ME A DAMN RADIO THAT WORKS!
Old 06-24-2003, 11:23 AM   #330
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

My good ole tank holding off the enemy forces. I am doing fine what ever happens make sure the Japanese do not get close enough to blow up my tank.

My tank is to purty to be blown up!
Old 06-24-2003, 11:44 AM   #331
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Lt. Lackey ready to move help the Broadswords cover our area.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 11:50 AM   #332
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Coffee Warlord: I little clarification would help me. Do you intend to swing east, behind 2nd Platoon, and then north up the right side? Or do you intend to move north, then east down the line in front of 2nd Platoon?

Either way, your E.T.A. on foot is around 15-20 minutes. This is rough terrain and combat conditions. Rapid movement isn't really an option (a limitation of the game, really. No "sprint" command).
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 06-24-2003, 12:42 PM   #333
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The former, DK. (cut around from behind option) If you are of the opinion that theres no way in hell we'd make it in time to do a damn bit of good, let me know, and I'll scrap the plan.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:47 PM   #334
DataKing
Pro Rookie

It depends on how long the Japanese bombardment of the area lasts. We have yet to see any of their area bombardments last for a significant amount of time (conserving ammunition, most likely), so we'll see. If the bombardment stops, they should be able to get themselves moving again. Bombardments have caused short-term pinnings thus far, but we've yet to see anything long term. I think playing it by ear is the best course of action at the moment.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 06-24-2003, 12:52 PM   #335
Tasan
College Starter

Lt. Tasan back for action, sorry, I feel asleep in the tank for a bit there.....;- )

And Dataking, your inbox is full.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:31 PM   #336
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Thanks for checking in, Lieutenant Tasan. Glad to have you back.

And thanks for letting me know about the inbox. I've cleared it out.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 06-24-2003, 01:37 PM   #337
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

In that case, we'll sit tight for now. If bombardment keeps up, we'll go in as planned. If it stops, get them the hell outta there. My guys can cover their retreat if possible.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:18 PM   #338
jfbbis
n00b

Unless my captain thinks otherwise, I'll make a come back to help Qwikshot.
jfbbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 07:02 PM   #339
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by jfbbis
Unless my captain thinks otherwise, I'll make a come back to help Qwikshot.

im not your direct captain, but since wsu is over in zone 4 and hasnt responded, ill take over as the only captain in zone 3. Id say move some, but not all of your tanks over to support, and lets unleash some of thse 81 mm mortar rounds on those attackers. I want as many men alive as possible from my marine groups, and i believe this is the best way to go about this.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 07:40 PM   #340
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

~~~STATIC~~~"This is Captain WSUCougar, radio check? Anyone read me, over?"~~~STATIC~~~

"I'm picking up your traffic now, gents. Lt. jfbbis, defer to Captain Blade6119's wishes as directed. The rest of Fire & Ice will continue our withdrawal and hope to position ourselves to support the flank of Zone 3 ASAP. Cougar out."
Old 06-25-2003, 07:31 AM   #341
jfbbis
n00b

ok, I send 2 more Stuart to support Qwikshot.
jfbbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:13 AM   #342
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Sergeant O'Brien!

"Aye, Cap'n?"

"Radio Zone 3, inquire if sending anyone under Lieutenants Tucker or Tasan to ease some pressure off my eastern flank is a possibility. They should be the closest to the enemy position."

"I dinna think we have the power to reach them, Cap'n! Agh! But Aye, I'll be trying! Damn these bloody X-Com radios! Whoever made these needs a good scottish boot up their fookin arse!"
Old 06-25-2003, 05:32 PM   #343
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Nothing like some tanks and mortars to help cover our tails...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 05:58 PM   #344
Tasan
College Starter

If tacticly feasable, send 1-2 tanks from the trailing edge nearest Coffee Warlord to flank the attack there.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:16 PM   #345
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

If you guys need a new Squad leader or Platoon leader I'll be glad to be it .
Old 06-26-2003, 03:07 PM   #346
Tasan
College Starter

oh and if a round or two of our mortar fire can reach and be of help, fire away
Old 06-26-2003, 03:24 PM   #347
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I am not sure on what to do, dying has seemed to work ok up until now, so I will stick with that.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:16 PM   #348
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Beautiful write up on the comat across the pacific .
Old 06-26-2003, 10:08 PM   #349
tucker342
Pro Starter

When is the mission over? It's going to be even better when we have the chance to go on the offensive, which will hopefully be in the next battle...
Old 06-28-2003, 01:42 PM   #350
DataKing
Pro Rookie

tucker342: The mission is over when we break and retreat, or the Japanese decide they've had enough of the FOFC Brigade and concentrate their efforts elsewhere. From a realism standpoint, we have no idea how long the battle will last. (OOC, expect another three updates or so before this one ends. ).

CHEMICAL SOLDIER: Thanks much for the compliment. As far as getting a command goes, we can probably accomodate you, once the battle is over.

So far, I have heard back from everyone except bertogarce and JeffNights in one form or another. RainRaven will probably be shipping state-side once we've finished fending off the Japanese here. We will adjust the roster accordingly when we are relieved. Sony has expressed interest in a command as well, along with a couple of others that I know IRL.

I also want to apologize for the delay in posting this week. It's been a busy one. Between running the turns, creating the screenshots, and writing the report, it takes a good four hours to put one of these things together. That being said, I should have the next update posted tonight (Saturday) or tomorrow.

Semper Fi!
Allegiances:
Awards: