Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-28-2003, 01:51 PM   #351
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm gonna be running around ragged this weekend, with relatives coming into town (ugh), a wedding to goto (ugh), and my girlfriend possibly coming in as well (yay!).

Assuming I have little time this weekend, Lieutenants, you're on your own. Captain Sachmo (Or the Colonel himself) will issue orders to my command unit if necessary.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 10:01 PM   #352
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

See you soon and be safe on your endevours .
Old 06-30-2003, 08:06 PM   #353
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Luzon, The Philippines

The withdrawal of the FOFC Brigade nears its completion all across the line, and the weight of American artillery can finally be brought to bear. But will it be enough to stem the seemingly endless tide of Japanese soldiers throwing themselves at the weary Marines?

19:15 Hours

Zone 1

American 75mm howitzer shells continue to slam home to the north of the Marines in Zone 1. The artillery seems to be doing its job of harrying and slowing the Japanese down. One enemy squad manages to gain sight of the Marines at the eastern end of the zone, but the (comparatively) fresh Marines of Lieutenant Jennings’ 3rd Platoon, Infantry B and the Stuart tanks of Lieutenant bertogarce’s 1st Platoon, Armor B easily dispatch them.

Zone 2

On the western end of Zone 2, some Japanese infantry manage to stagger through the hellish blasting of the Marine artillery, but cannot get any further. Voluminous and accurate fire from Lieutenant JeffNights’ 3rd Platoon, Infantry D and Lieutenant sterlingice’s 3rd Platoon, Armor B force the Japanese back out of sight with little trouble.

Things continue to look dire to the east, however. As Captain Coffee Warlord takes his Infantry D Command to the east, attempting to move into flanking position, Japanese infantry attack Lieutenant Aesyrqwe’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry D and Lieutenant Superman=#54’s 2nd Platoon, Armor B on both edges. In a classic pincer-attack movement, the Japanese succeed in keeping the Marines pinned down and unable to move.

Zone 3

Lieutenant Tasan orders the Stuart tanks commanded by Sergeants Isaac and Wilder to move northwest, in an effort to out-flank the flankers of The Meat Grinder’s 2nd Platoon. The tanks do not get very far, however, before they encounter more Japanese infantry. Without infantry support, and fortunate to have not driven into an ambush within the dense foliage, Isaac and Wilder decide that discretion is the better part of valor. They shift their tanks into reverse and lay down fierce machinegun fire, covering their own withdrawal.

Lieutenant jfbbis likewise orders a pair of his own Stuarts from 2nd Platoon, Armor A to shift. Sergeant Killingsworth and Lieutenant jfbbis himself move into the open area in the middle of the zone and lay down a withering fire on the suspected positions of the pursuing Japanese.

The last of the Company’s 81mm mortar rounds are used, as the shells slam home on the positions of the Japanese attempting the pincer attack in Zone 2.

Zone 4

The men of Captain ardent enthusiast’s Infantry Company A and the supporting armor of Captain WSUCougar’s Fire and Ice continue to thank their lucky stars that they seem to have drawn easy duty. Their withdrawal continues unhindered.

19:18 Hours

Zone 1

Despite the sustained artillery fire that the Japanese are being subjected to, a number of the enemy are still able to attack the lines at the eastern edge of the zone. Much to the chagrin of the Japanese, though, the Marines of Lieutenant Jennings’ 3rd Platoon, Infantry B and Lieutenant bertogarce’s 1st Platoon, Armor B are well-prepared, and easily scatter their opposition.

Zone 2

The Japanese bombardment at the eastern end of the zone finally comes to a halt, and the battered Marines of Lieutenant Aesyrqwe’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry D and Lieutenant Superman=#54’s 2nd Platoon, Armor B breathe a sigh of relief as they are finally able to continue their withdrawal.

Light contact is reported on the western edge of the zone, but nothing that Lieutenant JeffNights’ 3rd Platoon, Infantry D and Lieutenant sterlingice’s 3rd Platoon, Armor B aren’t capable of handling.

Zone 3

Captain Blade6119’s Infantry Company C have now withdrawn into the Marine artillery umbrella, and immediately call for fire support from the 75mm guns to the rear. Howitzer shells begin to slam home, particularly in the middle of the zone, and seems to stop the pursuit of the Japanese in its tracks.

Zone 4

The zone remains quiet, as the men of Captain ardent enthusiast’s Infantry Company A are close to completing their own withdrawal, without sight or sound of the enemy.

19:21 Hours

Over the crash of artillery to the north, the Marines of the FOFC Brigade begin to hear high-pitched whistles through the dense jungle. First one, then another. The whistles seem menacing at first, and the Marines brace themselves for the worst. Could this be some sort of signal by the Japanese, preparing for one last, vicious onslaught in an attempt to break through?

The Marines take whatever cover they can find, staring down the barrels of their rifles, BARs, and machineguns, searching the dense jungle for any sign of their pursuers. The minutes seem to take hours, and drag on and on. But no attack comes. The artillery from both sides falls silent.

Soon a half an hour has passed, and still no attack has come. Gradually the word passes down that those were signal whistles for the Japanese to withdraw, though how far back is unknown.

The brave Marines of the FOFC Brigade are ordered to hold the line throughout the night, and seek out whatever shelter they can muster from the persistent rain. Short-range patrols are sent out, but no sign of a living enemy is to be found. These patrols find many bodies of the fallen enemy, as well as a few Marines who were apparently left behind, wounded rather than killed as their companions thought. These men are dead now, unfortunately, stabbed repeatedly by the sharp steel of Japanese bayonets.

The Marines spend a somber, wet, and thoroughly miserable night in the jungles. Most are incapable of sleep, no matter how hard they try, having been blooded in combat for the first time. Friends and comrades are wounded or dead, causing a quiet, somber determination to settle through those that still stand.

The Japanese had started this war, but the Marines of the FOFC Brigade were dawn sure that they would be the ones to end it.

Semper Fi!
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 09:23 PM   #354
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Whew!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:52 PM   #355
DataKing
Pro Rookie

After-Action Report

On the morning of the December 12th, 1941, the Marines of the FOFC Brigade are relieved by fresh troops coming up from the south. As a result of the pitched battle and the casualties sustained by the Brigade, they are withdrawn to the rear for some well-deserved rest. Gradually, replacements are drawn from other units, as some other formations have been so badly bloodied that they have been disbanded, the survivors dispersed amongst the rest to act as replacements.

The final count for the Brigade is 59 killed, 74 seriously wounded, and 7 listed as “missing in action.” Two of the Brigade’s Stuart tanks were also lost, along with their crews of four.

Exact numbers of Japanese killed and wounded are impossible to determine, but after speaking with all of his officers, Colonel DataKing estimates the number to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 800-1,000. Some hold that this is an optimistic number, while others maintain that the real number was well over 1,000. It is likely that the true numbers will never be known.

The Brigade is commended for holding the line, despite superior Japanese numbers and poor fighting conditions.

FOFC Brigade Losses by Unit

Armor Company A (total losses: none)
-Command Group (Captain WSUCougar): none
-1st Platoon (Lieutenant icjjdnh): none
-2nd Platoon (Lieutenant jfbbis): none
-3rd Platoon (Lieutenant Tasan): none

Armor Company B (total losses: 2 M3 Stuarts, 8 men)
-Command Group (Captain sachmo71): none
-1st Platoon (Lieutenant bertogarce): 1 M3 Stuart, 4 men
-2nd Platoon (Lieutenant Superman=#54): none
-3rd Platoon (Lieutenant sterlingice): 1 M3 Stuart, 4 men

Infantry Company A (total losses: 17 men)
-Command Squad (Captain ardent enthusiast): 1 man
-1st Platoon (Lieutenant samifan24): 4 men
-2nd Platoon (Lieutenant damnMikeBrown): 2 men
-3rd Platoon (Lieutenant Marino): 1 man
-Machinegun Platoon (Lieutenant O’Hern): 9 men
-Mortar Platoon (Lieutenant Silva): none

Infantry Company B )(total losses: 18 men)
-Command Squad (Captain RainRaven): none
-1st Platoon (Lieutenant The Afoci): 10 men
-2nd Platoon (Lieutenant Blade): none
-3rd Platoon (Lieutenant Jennings): none
-Machinegun Platoon (Lieutenant Ortega): 8 men
-Mortar Platoon (Lieutenant Sprague): none

Infantry Company C (total losses: 41 men)
-Command Squad (Captain Blade6119): none
-1st Platoon (Lieutenant tucker342): 12 men
-2nd Platoon (Lieutenant Qwikshot): 8 men
-3rd Platoon (Lieutenant Katon): 10 men
-Machinegun Platoon (Lieutenant Gates): 10 men
-Mortar Platoon (Lieutenant Jackson): 1 man

Infantry Company D (total losses: 42 men)
-Command Squad (Captain Coffee Warlord): 2 men
-1st Platoon (Lieutenant Breeze): 11 men
-2nd Platoon (Lieutenant Aesyrqwe): 13 men
-3rd Platoon (Lieutenant JeffNights): 11 men
-Machinegun Platoon (Lieutenant Easter): 4 men
-Mortar Platoon (Lieutenant Ellis): 1 man

The rest of the Brigade’s losses were sustained by our support troops.

Timeline

December 13th, 1941

A U.S. naval task force under Rear-Admiral Frank J. Fletcher sets sail from Pearl Harbor with orders to relieve Wake Island.

December 14th, 1941

Japanese troops continue to land throughout the Philippines.

December 22nd, 1941

The Japanese land 43,000 troops of General Homma’s 14th Army in Lingayen Gulf, Luzon, 150 miles north of Manila.

December 23rd, 1941

The Japanese launch another attack against Wake Island, overwhelming the small U.S. garrison. Immediately after its capture, the Japanese rename the island as Bird Island. Rear-Admiral Frank J. Fletcher’s task force is still more than 400 miles away and so is diverted to Midway.

American and Filipino troops of the North Luzon Force begin to fall back towards the River Agno under heavy pressure from the Japanese.

December 24th, 1941

Japanese troops make further landings on Luzon to the southeast of Manila in Lamon Bay.

The Japanese 16th Division starts its drive north towards Manila.

General MacArthur announces his decision to withdraw his forces to Bataan. A supply base is to be set up on Corregidor with sufficient stock to carry on the fight for six months.

December 26th, 1941

The Philippine capital of Manila is declared an open city by the Americans.

December 27th, 1941

The Australian Prime Minister, Curtin, announces “Australia looks to America.”

December 31st, 1941

Admiral Chester W. Nimitz is appointed to command the U.S. Asiatic Fleet, while Lieutenant General George H. Brett takes command of U.S. forces in Australia.

While all of this is going on, the FOFC Brigade is not sitting idly by. They are engaged in small holding actions, skirmishes, and patrols against the Japanese, but are not involved in any major entanglements.

Unit Upgrades

American has been at war for mere weeks, and it is unlikely that any new equipment would be sent as far as the Philippines. However, we can make some small improvements with what is on hand. We don’t have that much leeway, but can make some requests. Our two lost tanks have been replaced, but there is nothing more advanced than the M3 Stuart available for our armored troops. In truth, it will probably be some time before a replacement for the M3 is brought into service. We can, however, make some changes to the infantry.

We cannot add to the size of the Brigade, but can change the armament to a small degree. I would like to hear the opinions of our officers regarding what we should seek. Here is what is available:

Infantry

BAR Squad: Replaces a standard Marine infantry squad with a BAR squad. BAR squads have one less man than a standard infantry squad (8 men instead of 9), but have slightly improved firepower, adding a second BAR to the squad’s armament.

Engineer Squad: Engineer squads add one man to the standard infantry squad (10 men instead of 9), and also give access to a few satchel charges. The downside is that the satchel charges are heavy, slowing the squad down by about 10%.

Machineguns

.30 cal HMG: Enhances the standard .30 caliber machinegun with an improved tripod and better cooling system. Better accuracy and rate of fire than our standard .30 caliber medium machineguns (MMGs).

.50 cal HMG: Obviously, the .50 caliber has significantly better killing power than the .30 caliber, and is even capable of penetrating light armor. The weapon and ammunition are considerably heavier, however, slowing the unit down by 25% and carrying 25% less ammunition.

Depending on the decisions we make, we can make improvements to between 15 and 30 squads in the Brigade. If you have an opinion as to where we should place our priorities, let me know and it will be taken into consideration.

Semper Fi!
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 07-01-2003, 09:06 AM   #356
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I'd like my tanks replaced, please.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:13 AM   #357
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Don't worry about the lost men and armor, anyone. We've received replacements from other disbanded units.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 07-01-2003, 09:43 AM   #358
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Can I get some T-34s?
Old 07-01-2003, 09:56 AM   #359
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71
Can I get some T-34s?

I'm afraid not. Unfortunately, lend-leese only works one way (the exception being the occasional Russian radio-man).

Edited because, despite my English degree, I can't spell.
Allegiances:
Awards:

Last edited by DataKing : 07-01-2003 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:14 AM   #360
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I think I could use some flack jackets.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:16 AM   #361
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Indeed. I need a replacement for Radioman Boris. Radioman O'Brien just ain't cutting it, so I'm demoting him to company Goat Herder, 3rd class.

Putting in the paperwork for the transfer of Radioman Vlad!

Edit: And I do suggest we get at least one unit of Engineers and a 50 caliber team. Both could come in handy.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 07-01-2003 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:37 PM   #362
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Memo

To: Captain sachmo71

Re: Armor Replacements

Please be more careful with the brigade's AFVs. Losing them is unacceptable. If you cannot keep track of your tanks, we are going to stop giving them to you.

Signed,

The Management

Semper Fi!
Old 07-01-2003, 03:48 PM   #363
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

My I respectfully remind the Captain that MY tanks were lost in the thick of combat, not providing Marines with a mobile rain shelter, unlike some people's tanks! :P
Old 07-01-2003, 04:04 PM   #364
jfbbis
n00b

.30 cal HMG: Enhances the standard .30 caliber machinegun with an improved tripod and better cooling system. Better accuracy and rate of fire than our standard .30 caliber medium machineguns (MMGs).

They look like a must-have. What is the price to pay ?
jfbbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:18 PM   #365
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Memo:

To: Captain WSUCougar

Re: Armor Replacements

A certain Captain Sachmo was in heavy action and saved some of my boys who were in trouble. There will be no whining about losses of tanks in battle, or we repossess your alcohol supply. I seem to remember more than a few gambling debts your company has accumulated.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

USMC Gaming Commision

PS - Try fighting without a thousand pounds of steel between you and the enemy sometime, ya wimp.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:10 PM   #366
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Coffee Warlord
PS - Try fighting without a thousand pounds of steel between you and the enemy sometime, ya wimp.

lets look at the stats to back up this info:

Armor Company A (total losses: none)
-Command Group (Captain WSUCougar):

Infantry Company D (total losses: 42 men)
-Command Squad (Captain Coffee Warlord):

i think coffee had it a bit harder
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 09:36 PM   #367
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71
My I respectfully remind the Captain that MY tanks were lost in the thick of combat, not providing Marines with a mobile rain shelter, unlike some people's tanks! :P

Uh, captain, could you harass DK into replacing the two tanks we lost?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 09:21 AM   #368
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I think you guys may have missed it, but the lost tanks have been replaced. What I was talking about earlier regarding the armor is that no upgrades are available, nor will there be for a while (the M3 Stuart is the most advanced tank in the U.S. arsenal right now).

jfbbis: You asked about the price to pay with the .30 caliber HMGs. There isn't one, really, they're equal to or superior to our MMGs in every way.

The only downside is that they, like everything else, take up a certain number of the "upgrade points" we have available to us. I don't want you guys to concern yourselves with the nitty-gritty details of the game, so I have excluded details on the upgrade points we have and how much things cost. They're less "expensive" then the .50 cals, I'll tell you that much.

Carry on, Marines.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 07-02-2003, 09:27 AM   #369
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Ok, so isn't it possible that the Russians might have sent us a couple of prototype T-34's? And somehow they wound up in our unit? Maybe? Please?

EDIT: Just an observation...the machine gun teams will not be as effective on the attack. But Engineer Squads sure are...

Last edited by sachmo71 : 07-02-2003 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-04-2003, 03:29 PM   #370
Katon
College Benchwarmer

It's probably worth taking, say, an engineer squad and a BAR squad per company just so that we can have some available if we need them. Beyond that, I would vote for upgrading everything to .30 HMGs. I don't think the extra power of a .50 is worth the loss of upgrade points, ammo, and (especially) maneuvrability.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 04:56 PM   #371
tucker342
Pro Starter

I agree Katon
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 04:01 PM   #372
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I keep having trouble finding the time for this dynasty. I enjoy doing it, but other games (Hattrick and others) keep distracting me. I just want you all to know that I am not giving up on it, but updates and the like may be a bit infrequent. Summertime is always pretty hectic.

Promotions and New Officers

Captain RainRaven has been shipped stateside, and I have decided to promote The Afoci as Captain of Infantry Company B.

Lieutenant bertogarce is AWOL (I have not heard from him).

Four people have approached me regarding commands: Aylmar, Chevalier, CHEMICAL SOLDIER, and sony. We have one armor platoon available, and should have room for the other three of you are infantry lieutenants. Let me know your preference, if any, and I will assign commands accordingly.

Of the three infantry platoons available, two of them are under Captain The Afoci and one of them is under Captain Ardent Enthusiast.

As soon as I have your preferences, I will update our roster and shift things forward to January, 1942.

Carry on.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 07-11-2003, 09:31 AM   #373
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I feel sorry for anyone under me... [insert your own joke here please]
Old 07-11-2003, 07:35 PM   #374
tucker342
Pro Starter

ewwwwwwww
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote