Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2005, 11:43 PM   #201
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Fall is setting in on the forest around you, with small drifts of fallen leaves starting to appear here and there. Tonight is a nearly full moon, with few clouds, and the bright light keeps some of you awake for a while before you settle in. Everyone is nervous, though you don't hear any particular commotion in the night. Unfortunately when you wake up, disaster has struck the camp! In his tent the pathetic remains of Qwikshot are found, sucked dry of all his blood and fluids, a dry husk of a man. The news gets worse fifteen or so minutes later. The body of Mrsimperless is found slumped against a tree, someone has put a crossbow bolt through his eye. After investigating a bit, you are convinced that Qwikshot was a normal bandit, and that Mrsimperless was an ex-deputy! Vexroid is also mysteriously found dead.

Day 2

TazFTW
Suicane75
Neon_Chaos
Jeff061
Fouts
Raiders Army
Thomkal
Kwhit
Airhog
KevinNU7
Coffee Warlord
heybrad
henry296
BrianD
JeeberD
Eaglesfan27
SirFozzie
Qwikshot - devoured night 1 (bandit)
Schmidty
Masked
digamma
Mr. Wednesday - Lynched Day 1 (bandit)
Swaggs
Mrsimperless - killed Night 1 (ex-deputy)
Vince
Kingfc22

Lynch votes due in by 8 pm Eastern.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:53 PM   #202
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Vexroid is also mysteriously found dead.

LOL way to work that in there.

And I'm hurt Jeebs! A crossbow through the eye? You could have at least had the decency to knife me in the back like you promised!

Good luck bandits.

Last edited by mrsimperless : 07-13-2005 at 11:54 PM.
mrsimperless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:08 AM   #203
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Well this is really starting out bad for us.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:15 AM   #204
Vince
Pro Starter

Wow. This letting everyone in on the killing action sure makes this a nerve-wracking game. You can't step on anyone's toes...
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:30 AM   #205
Peregrine
Pro Starter

To be honest originally I was going to have just bandits and creatures, with no other roles, but it seemed like it might be TOO crazy.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:48 AM   #206
Swaggs
Coordinator

Interesting that two people who each got one vote were killed during the night.

Thomkal (who voted for MrSimperless) and KevinNU7 (who voted for Qwikshot) look somewhat suspicious, but I have got to think the killers were trying to stir things up with those two choices.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:03 AM   #207
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

That's an interesting point, Swaggs.

After learning my lesson back in WW#5, I'm going to hold back my analysis for now.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:38 AM   #208
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
That's an interesting point, Swaggs.

After learning my lesson back in WW#5, I'm going to hold back my analysis for now.
Your analysis was really helpful.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:51 AM   #209
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
Your analysis was really helpful.

Get away from me, wolfie!
Old 07-14-2005, 05:56 AM   #210
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm glad my handle doesn't begin with "mr"
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:29 AM   #211
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Interesting that two people who each got one vote were killed during the night.

Thomkal (who voted for MrSimperless) and KevinNU7 (who voted for Qwikshot) look somewhat suspicious, but I have got to think the killers were trying to stir things up with those two choices.

You're eactly right Swaggs. Someone was obviously trying to set me up. Probably the same with Kevin too. Sorry to see you go Mr S and Qwik.

I honestly was expecting to see a lot more bloodshed
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:50 AM   #212
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
And I'm hurt Jeebs! A crossbow through the eye? You could have at least had the decency to knife me in the back like you promised!

Heh, I knew that someone was gonna try to set me up by killing you...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:14 AM   #213
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Very interesting developments. This should be a fun day
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:25 AM   #214
KevinNU7
College Starter

Obviously the creatures were trying to set me up. If I was a creature it would be pretty dumb to draw the attention to me like that.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:34 AM   #215
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
You're eactly right Swaggs. Someone was obviously trying to set me up. Probably the same with Kevin too. Sorry to see you go Mr S and Qwik.

I honestly was expecting to see a lot more bloodshed
That is a strange reply, coming from you.

You voted for mrsimperless who was the ex-deputy...he was also killed normally. That means if you are the killer, you are a bandit.

On the other hand, Qwikshot was killed by a creature, who the prime suspect at this point is KevinNU7.

So why wouldn't you want someone to set you up as a bandit? I can understand KevinNU7's concerns, but why would you be concerned at all?
Old 07-14-2005, 07:45 AM   #216
KevinNU7
College Starter

If Thomkal did kill MrS then I think that is horrible stradegy. So little was know about Mr.S that to use your kill right at the beginning is pretty bad. I know I am going to save up my attack until one of the Spy's breakdown and reveals himself to kill some creatures. From there we will probably want to get a conversation going about who should kill which creatures and who should go after the Spy Or maybe we should create a truce with the Spy's?
Old 07-14-2005, 08:08 AM   #217
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Holy carnage batman.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:56 AM   #218
KevinNU7
College Starter

Come on everyone, the creatures benefit from silence. Let's atleast get some chatter going. Should we go after Jeeber and maybe some of the lating voting for Mr.W? Do people feel Jeeber is as innocent as Mr.W? Should we go after some of the early voters for Jeeber?
Old 07-14-2005, 08:59 AM   #219
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

So we only had 1 bandit killing last night? I expected there to be more. I wonder how many bandits voted for a kill but found their efforts blocked by someone else voting the same way?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:02 AM   #220
JeeberD
General Manager

What would be the sense in trying to randomly kill someone this early, Brian? Just to get lucky and maybe get a creature? More than likely it would have just led to more bandits getting the shaft (bad pun, I know)...

Old 07-14-2005, 09:02 AM   #221
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
So we only had 1 bandit killing last night? I expected there to be more. I wonder how many bandits voted for a kill but found their efforts blocked by someone else voting the same way?
I wonder if that would be report in Peregrine's message to everyone. Something like, "Player X came to breakfast that morning and told everyone that he felt someone watching him in the tress but then a rustling in the bushes near by seemed to scare him off."
Old 07-14-2005, 09:03 AM   #222
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I had no reason and have no reason to suspect either Jeeber or Wednesday were guilty. I haven't really had a chance to digest what's been going on.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:03 AM   #223
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
What would be the sense in trying to randomly kill someone this early, Brian? Just to get lucky and maybe get a creature? More than likely it would have just led to more bandits getting the shaft (bad pun, I know)...
I agree, I think it is best to wait
Old 07-14-2005, 09:04 AM   #224
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
If Thomkal did kill MrS then I think that is horrible stradegy.

So is your spelling.

Seriously though, why wouldn't it be a good strategy?
#1, you knock off the person who voted for you.
#2, you let people know that it would've been stupid for you to be the one to kill mrsimperless, since you would be a prime suspect, and then you use reverse psychology to make people think that you didn't do it. Even if they believed you did it, you would be identified as a bandit. And since Qwikshot was killed by a creature, you'd still be #2 on the list of threats.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:13 AM   #225
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD

There wouldn't be a whole lot of sense, but with the group we have around here...I expected people to embrace the Total Carnage! (Fabulous Prizes! - 0.5 points for catching the reference.)
Old 07-14-2005, 09:15 AM   #226
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
So is your spelling.

Seriously though, why wouldn't it be a good strategy?
#1, you knock off the person who voted for you.
#2, you let people know that it would've been stupid for you to be the one to kill mrsimperless, since you would be a prime suspect, and then you use reverse psychology to make people think that you didn't do it. Even if they believed you did it, you would be identified as a bandit. And since Qwikshot was killed by a creature, you'd still be #2 on the list of threats.

That really is the beauty of this game. You've got all kinds of psychology, reverse-psychology, and reverse-reverse-psychology. Everything that everybody does both completely clears them, and provides total proof of their guilt.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:23 AM   #227
KevinNU7
College Starter

For now I will agree with Raider's analysis and say that for the time being Thomkal must be a bandit. I don't see anyone else in a position to just randomly kill Mr.S so IMO it must have been Thomak. If that is teh case then Thomkal must be a bandit. So for this round I will definetly not be voting for him. Seems like a prime suspect for the creatures to turn eventually.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:33 AM   #228
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
That is a strange reply, coming from you.

You voted for mrsimperless who was the ex-deputy...he was also killed normally. That means if you are the killer, you are a bandit.

On the other hand, Qwikshot was killed by a creature, who the prime suspect at this point is KevinNU7.

So why wouldn't you want someone to set you up as a bandit? I can understand KevinNU7's concerns, but why would you be concerned at all?

Why is strange? Even a now powerless bandit has to worry given some of the other roles in the game. They are wide open for a sheriff's Men conversion and always a potential target for the creatures because I'd then have a known role. So I would be very concerned about my future if I had killed Mr S and was now a bandit revealed. But I didn't kill him.

It's dangerous to reveal yourself as any role in this game of Werewolf because since everyone has a power they are a threat to someone else and a target of opportunity for others. Simple villagers in previous games didn't have to particularly worry about such threats.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:03 AM   #229
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
For now I will agree with Raider's analysis and say that for the time being Thomkal must be a bandit. I don't see anyone else in a position to just randomly kill Mr.S so IMO it must have been Thomak. If that is teh case then Thomkal must be a bandit. So for this round I will definetly not be voting for him. Seems like a prime suspect for the creatures to turn eventually.
If you agree Thomkal must be a bandit, you must be a creature.

FWIW, I don't think Thomkal killed mrsimperless. In Werewolf V, mrsimperless was pretty insightful. Somebody was probably scared of it and knocked him off.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:07 AM   #230
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
In Werewolf V, mrsimperless was pretty insightful. Somebody was probably scared of it and knocked him off.

I agree and was thinking the same thing. Simperless wrote some good diagnostic posts in V, I believe he wrote up that scoring matrix, which I found pretty cool.

Old 07-14-2005, 10:09 AM   #231
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
There wouldn't be a whole lot of sense, but with the group we have around here...I expected people to embrace the Total Carnage! (Fabulous Prizes! - 0.5 points for catching the reference.)

Smash TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
Why is strange? Even a now powerless bandit has to worry given some of the other roles in the game. They are wide open for a sheriff's Men conversion and always a potential target for the creatures because I'd then have a known role. So I would be very concerned about my future if I had killed Mr S and was now a bandit revealed. But I didn't kill him.

If Thomkal is 'outed' as a bandit, logic would dictate that he has used his only kill on mrsimperless. As such, he is completely harmless to the creatures, and therefore no longer a target. As Kevin suggested though, he could be a prime target for conversion

Speaking of Kevin, I think that it would be either an incredibly foolish, or incredibly brilliant move of his to do away with Qwikshot. It's such an obvious move that anyone in their right mind would think "there's no way he would do that...talk about painting a picture." However, since he knows most people would think that, and he voted for Qwik anyways...

...man, my head's starting to hurt again, and it's not even 8:30 AM here.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:11 AM   #232
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:

Smash TV!
Old 07-14-2005, 10:12 AM   #233
Vince
Pro Starter

Dola -- I'm also going to be away from the computer a lot more today than I was yesterday...I have to actually work today. I might not be back until right around voting time, so if I disappear for a while, that's why.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:40 AM   #234
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Smash TV?
Very good.

Quote:
Speaking of Kevin, I think that it would be either an incredibly foolish, or incredibly brilliant move of his to do away with Qwikshot. It's such an obvious move that anyone in their right mind would think "there's no way he would do that...talk about painting a picture." However, since he knows most people would think that, and he voted for Qwik anyways...

One of these games, someone is going to make the completely obvious move knowing that nobody will believe it wasn't a frame-job. But with everybody still learning the rules of these shifting games, I don't think now is the time to do it. I don't think we know enough about this particular incarnation of the game to stand out any more than necessary.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:57 AM   #235
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
I haven't really had a chance to digest what's been going on.

That's because you just fed, you creature!!!

I was honestly expecting more deaths last night too, but 3 is quite enough. We need to get lucky soon and lynch us a creature.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:01 AM   #236
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

hehe.

I wasn't expecting to many kills, if any, I was thinking maybe a couple based around FOFC vendettas. I think it will slowly ramp up, I don't think we'll all of a sudden see an onslaught one night.

Old 07-14-2005, 11:16 AM   #237
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I guess that is a chance but it serious doubt this early in the game. If we were coming down closer to teh end I could see someone trying this but this early on just seems silly.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:24 AM   #238
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess that is a chance but it serious doubt this early in the game. If we were coming down closer to teh end I could see someone trying this but this early on just seems silly.
And that's what makes this strategy a good one.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:35 AM   #239
henry296
College Starter

Recall, Qwikshot was speaking to us in poetic code yesterday and now he is dead. Perhaps someone knew something about him. It was Kwhit, suicane, digamma and cofee who had some dialog about the code with him.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:50 AM   #240
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
Recall, Qwikshot was speaking to us in poetic code yesterday and now he is dead. Perhaps someone knew something about him. It was Kwhit, suicane, digamma and cofee who had some dialog about the code with him.

FWIW, I wasn't involved in that conversation. I just happened to post my vote (when I was leaving work) while they were going back and forth.

Obviously, we still don't have much to go on. At this point, I'm inclined to repeat my vote for Jeeber.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:02 PM   #241
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296

I just mentioned that I thought his long post seemed out of place and could contain some code words. Here's the post FYI:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Vote Jeeber

I can see that this will be a long battle, discussion frayed with smiles and daggers, in the night, we will hear the sound of screams, violence, and the unlucky ones will face hellhounds of fur and teeth and claw, smelling of musk and blood. At dawn, we will face each with brittle accusations and stifled theories...but there is always one who must take the first blow, one who will start the cycle, until we find the wolves.

I'll go with Jeeber first.

The thing that stuck out to me was the use of the word see in the beginning. I thought he might be claiming that he "saw" something (perhaps he was the spy?) in Jeeber. That's why I changed my vote to Jeebs at the time.

Quik later said that he was just being poetic and it wasn't a code, but I'm not so sure. I'm still inclined to vote for Jeebs at this point.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:06 PM   #242
KWhit
Coordinator

Oh wait... Just remembered that Pere said Quik was a normal bandit.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:12 PM   #243
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Oh wait... Just remembered that Pere said Quik was a normal bandit.

Yeah, but why not vote for Jeebies anyway?
Old 07-14-2005, 12:25 PM   #244
KWhit
Coordinator

Well, we have nothing else to go on yet. Sigh.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:35 PM   #245
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Yeah, but why not vote for Jeebies anyway?

Old 07-14-2005, 12:38 PM   #246
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
FWIW, I wasn't involved in that conversation. I just happened to post my vote (when I was leaving work) while they were going back and forth.

Obviously, we still don't have much to go on. At this point, I'm inclined to repeat my vote for Jeeber.

Your right, I was trying to recall the names I saw in the middle of the conversation. My bad.

Even though Qwik was a bandit, if people we trying to make it look like something else, they might have been trying to divert attention away from themselves onto qwik.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:41 PM   #247
KWhit
Coordinator

I think I'm leaning for voting for one of the people who has posted the least. My reasons are:

1) Flying under the radar is a good strategy for a wolf (or in this case a creature)
2) To make informed decisions about people, we need activity - we need discussion

So that points to:

SirFozzie 2
heybrad 2
Airhog 2

These are the 3 people who are playing the game with the least number of posts in the thread. Does anyone have any feelings about any of the three guys either way?
Old 07-14-2005, 12:49 PM   #248
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I think I'm leaning for voting for one of the people who has posted the least. My reasons are:

1) Flying under the radar is a good strategy for a wolf (or in this case a creature)
2) To make informed decisions about people, we need activity - we need discussion

So that points to:

SirFozzie 2
heybrad 2
Airhog 2

These are the 3 people who are playing the game with the least number of posts in the thread. Does anyone have any feelings about any of the three guys either way?
heybrad killed me in Werewolf V, so I'm not a big fan...but this is a different game.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:52 PM   #249
JeeberD
General Manager

Both time Fozz has said something it was to get people to vote for me.

Old 07-14-2005, 12:58 PM   #250
henry296
College Starter

I think airhog has some issues posting while at work, which would explain his low post total.