Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-15-2005, 09:35 AM   #401
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, we'd be looking at a two week endurance challenge with IV rules and VI players.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:40 AM   #402
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
And don't give me the biggest walking target in the game role next time either.

Well the Seer types always have a target on their backs. I figured the bandits would want to protect you as long as possible, though. Losing two spies in one turn was not pretty.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:42 AM   #403
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Coffee Warlord was a spy and he voted for Henry. Henry also made a couple of strange posts that had me scratching my head.

My vote can still be swayed (since I'm not really confident about this), but it's the best thing I've seen to go on yet.

Vote henry296

This could be a good vote. The only thing that worries me is that CW didn't try to push anyone toward this vote. I voted for Henry yesterday as well, but only because it was random and I didn't have anything better to go on. If CW had spied on Henry, I would think he would have tried at least a little to get people to vote with him.

Then again, maybe CW knew he couldn't sway people without revealing himself too much and he voted for the guy he saw was a creature in case he died before he could direct people to him.

Is this a message from the grave, or just coincidence? And why can't anything in this game ever be easy?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:49 AM   #404
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
This could be a good vote. The only thing that worries me is that CW didn't try to push anyone toward this vote. I voted for Henry yesterday as well, but only because it was random and I didn't have anything better to go on. If CW had spied on Henry, I would think he would have tried at least a little to get people to vote with him.

Then again, maybe CW knew he couldn't sway people without revealing himself too much and he voted for the guy he saw was a creature in case he died before he could direct people to him.

Is this a message from the grave, or just coincidence? And why can't anything in this game ever be easy?
Then again, even if CW didn't know for sure that henry296 is a creature, he knew for sure about the two he viewed, and henry296 probably wasn't one of them.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:52 AM   #405
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
2) I still do not believe Jeeber is a creature, and early indications were putting him on the chopping block again.

So does this finally clear my name? I'm guessing that he viewed me the first night...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:54 AM   #406
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Then again, even if CW didn't know for sure that henry296 is a creature, he knew for sure about the two he viewed, and henry296 probably wasn't one of them.

Good point. We can say for sure that Henry wasn't viewed and revealed to be innocent.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:57 AM   #407
digamma
Torchbearer

Wow. This is a lot to sift through.

There are 17 of us left. Any thoughts on numbers of creatures left? I'm guessing it's probably too early to speculate.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:46 AM   #408
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
Wow. This is a lot to sift through.

There are 17 of us left. Any thoughts on numbers of creatures left? I'm guessing it's probably too early to speculate.

I would guess not too many. Starting probably with a low number and only two conversion during the game...I'd bet there are less than 3 currently.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:49 AM   #409
KevinNU7
College Starter

fyi - Unless there was a conversion on night 0 there has not been a conversion yet by the creautres since they have killed people on night 1 and 2 so far.

I'd imagine they will convert for the next two nights since their numbers ahve been reduced and there majoy threat in the Spys have been removed
Old 07-15-2005, 11:33 AM   #410
Swaggs
Coordinator

Oh well.

I had a good game.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:42 AM   #411
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Oh well.

I had a good game.

Come have a beer with me in the celestial pub!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:44 PM   #412
KevinNU7
College Starter

Has FOFC given up on Werewolf? Do too many people adopt the silence stragedy making the game boring?
Old 07-15-2005, 12:50 PM   #413
KWhit
Coordinator

Sure seems that way.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:57 PM   #414
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Has FOFC given up on Werewolf? Do too many people adopt the silence stragedy making the game boring?

I think this game in particular lends itself to that strategy. Even as bandits, we have to watch pissing off other bandits because we can end up with an arrow in our back at night.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:03 PM   #415
Schmidty
Coordinator

I have to admit that in the future, Werewolf games should stop using PMs and go strictly with emails. The reason for this is a bit......paranoid. I have a sneaking suspicion that people check the "Who's Online" feature to see who's PMing, thus finding out who we creatures or wolves are. I am sure that the vast, vast majority of you aren't that slimy, but I'm sure some would stoop to that level.

Yes, I'm still bitter about losing so randomly. I still want to play next time though.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:04 PM   #416
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I think that everyone's cautious. The voting is a crapshoot, sheesh. Heck, I've been pretty silent for the most part.

Hmmm. How do I shake things up, then? I'm going to come out with it, and make myself a target, so that them creatures are going to have a hard time.

I'm a guard. I don't know how many other guards are out there. The first day, I was able to view one possible other Guard, Not going to name him. Second day, I was also able to view another Guard (who I'm not naming)... AND witness Swaggs and TazFTW with bloody weapons. Swaggs ended up dead.

Taz, you killed someone with a weapon last night, so you're clear in my book.

So... here's my proposal.

Let the creatures make the first move. No bandit-kills tonight, please. Either they convert someone tonight or kill someone, but we've got enough guards to witness something, ANYTHING. If I die, so be it, we're going to bring down these creatures as soon as possible.

As for my vote, I'm going to go on a crapshoot and vote for one of the silent ones.

Vote Airhog
Old 07-15-2005, 01:05 PM   #417
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well I've been watching Jack Nicklaus's final round and then had a couple errands to run. But I'm here now. I think in this version of Werewolf with so many being able to kill and/or convert its very risky to talk a lot about suspects and thus make a target of yourselves.

Wow what carnage last night. I'm going to read through the whole thread again to see why those people were targetted, but the strongest evidence right now lies with the dead Spy, Coffee Warlord and his vote last round. So for now at least,

VOTE HENRY296
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #418
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
I have a sneaking suspicion that people check the "Who's Online" feature to see who's PMing, thus finding out who we creatures or wolves are.

I think this was mentioned in another game, but honestly I've never seen it. I mean at times I've just randomly clicked on tons of people to see what they're doing, and I've never seen it say "Private Messaging." Maybe I just didn't get lucky, but are we sure it even shows that?

Emails would be much more awkward, if so.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #419
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

dola

Oh, and to the other guards... you better not reveal yourselves. I'm taking one hell of risk right here.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:16 PM   #420
KWhit
Coordinator

Neon_Chaos, I believe you.

You say that you know the other two guards and then you vote for Airhog.

So we can assume that Airhog is NOT a guard. He may not be a creature, but at least he's not one of the people who can do us the most good, so...

Unvote henry296

Vote Airhog
Old 07-15-2005, 01:20 PM   #421
KevinNU7
College Starter

Couldn't Neon_Chaos be a creature?

Last edited by KevinNU7 : 07-15-2005 at 01:20 PM.
KevinNU7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:23 PM   #422
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I don't see the point of him admitting to being a guard. But with the bloody weapons commentary I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:28 PM   #423
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
fyi - Unless there was a conversion on night 0 there has not been a conversion yet by the creautres since they have killed people on night 1 and 2 so far.

I'd imagine they will convert for the next two nights since their numbers ahve been reduced and there majoy threat in the Spys have been removed

I would definately agree with this analysis. I would guess that there were no more than 4 to begin with which would allow the creatures to get up to 6 at any point in the game. So losing 2 last night and the possibility of being wiped out tonight with a random kill then it's almost a certainty that they would convert someone.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:32 PM   #424
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Couldn't Neon_Chaos be a creature?
Aren't you dead?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:32 PM   #425
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

KWhit: We don't know if Airhog is a guard or not. He's not one of the two guys I've seen who might be guards (One's definitely a guard, the other... not sure) Again, I don't know what Airhog is, but I know he's been silent, and I haven't tagged him as a guard.

jeff: the creatures can kill me. and risk being seen by one of the other guards. or they can not kill me, and risk having a complete set of guards watching out for suspicious happenings at night. this way, unless us guards don't see anything suspicious about the creatures converting other guys, we get to see something that doesn't involve a bandit with a bloody weapon. (which is all that I've seen).
Old 07-15-2005, 01:34 PM   #426
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
If I were the doctor, I wouldn't know who to protect right now (I don't think anyone is an obvious bandit at this point), and personally, I don't know that I would just randomly pick somebody to protect. So for that reason, I think that RA is the doctor and chose to protect himself.

The problem is the doctor can't protect the same person two nights in a row. So by your logic (if I am thinking clearly), the doctor would have protected himself on the first night, and would have had to pick someone else the second night.

All we know for sure is that RA is not a creature; however, we all know this now, and he cannot be protected tonight, which may make him a target for a conversion.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:39 PM   #427
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
KWhit: We don't know if Airhog is a guard or not. He's not one of the two guys I've seen who might be guards (One's definitely a guard, the other... not sure) Again, I don't know what Airhog is, but I know he's been silent, and I haven't tagged him as a guard.

Oh, right. Then I should have said that at least we know that Airhog is not the guard that you know about and he's not the person you think is a guard. At least that narrows the possibility the we off one of the guards.

My logic should still stand. It's just not as absolute as I made it seem.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:40 PM   #428
henry296
College Starter

As I have re-read the thread, I can see where many people believe that I might be guilty due to my perceived deception about qwikshot. I should have read the other comments more thoroughly because I realize now that I was completely wrong. The biggest issue is that until we lynch a creature, we have no idea who has been helping them out. With the unfortunately killing of two of bandits, I really don't know where to start. I thank Neon_Chaos for reporting his observations to the group. I think that helps us get going. I know that you haven't seen me yet, because I have stayed in my tent both nights.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:41 PM   #429
KWhit
Coordinator

I still have serious doubts about henry296.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:45 PM   #430
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I certainly have doubts about henry296 as well. Although I feel a hint of dejavu, and will probably feel bad if I vote for him and he turns out to be a bandit. Lol.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:47 PM   #431
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I've decided to keep the voting deadline for tonight at 8 pm to help out the people who may not have time to post otherwise. I will try to get online to post the results sometime before midnight, but can't guarantee it. Just send me your night actions as usual.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:49 PM   #432
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

With the recent revelations, I think I'll join in by saying...
I vote Airhog
Old 07-15-2005, 01:53 PM   #433
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Oh God. I just started my very first bandwagon.

*tear
Old 07-15-2005, 01:55 PM   #434
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
I'm a guard. I don't know how many other guards are out there. The first day, I was able to view one possible other Guard, Not going to name him. Second day, I was also able to view another Guard (who I'm not naming)... AND witness Swaggs and TazFTW with bloody weapons. Swaggs ended up dead.

Taz, you killed someone with a weapon last night, so you're clear in my book.

Just like to mention that I did not kill Swaggs. I killed me a creature.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:57 PM   #435
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Aren't you dead?
yes but I'm bored too.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:05 PM   #436
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
As I have re-read the thread, I can see where many people believe that I might be guilty due to my perceived deception about qwikshot. I should have read the other comments more thoroughly because I realize now that I was completely wrong. The biggest issue is that until we lynch a creature, we have no idea who has been helping them out. With the unfortunately killing of two of bandits, I really don't know where to start. I thank Neon_Chaos for reporting his observations to the group. I think that helps us get going. I know that you haven't seen me yet, because I have stayed in my tent both nights.

That's just a weird statement.

I vote henry296
Old 07-15-2005, 03:22 PM   #437
digamma
Torchbearer

I'm leaning toward Airhog over henry. I think Neon admits Airhog is a guess based on an under the radar strategy. I buy that, but I think we've got some decent leads on henry. And as Taz points out his posts have been a bit strange.

Anyone feel strongly on this?
Old 07-15-2005, 03:25 PM   #438
henry296
College Starter

I'm going to support our guard and since Airhog isn't a guard I'll vote for him.

vote airhog
Old 07-15-2005, 03:28 PM   #439
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not a big fan of "vote for the quiet ones". People have real lives .

Vote Henry

Old 07-15-2005, 03:29 PM   #440
Thomkal
Head Coach

Hmm some interesting developments. Two questions:

1)Neon I went back and re-read the rules after you came out as being a Guard. Your plan sounds good, but can Guards see conversions? If they can't all that will happen during the night is a conversion that no one will see. Am I correct in this assumption? The rules aren't clear about what the Guards do or don't see.

2) Taz care to say which creature you killed and why?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:54 PM   #441
Fouts
College Starter

Hard for me to vote for Airhog since there are a few quiet ones out there. I think there is a better chance that CW was onto something.

I vote Henry296
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:06 PM   #442
Suicane75
Coordinator

Im inclined to vote for Henry at this point.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:06 PM   #443
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Supporting the guard.

Vote Airhog
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:13 PM   #444
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
2) Taz care to say which creature you killed and why?

I killed Schmidty. Peregrine's statement got me spooked that bandits were sending in their kill orders and I figured that I might as well use the kill power while I was still alive (hoping that I wouldn't be one of those killed last night).

As to why I chose Schmidty, it was really a shot in the dark. I looked through the responses and saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Guess I'll go with everyone else:

Vote SirFozzie

I figured that there was at least 1 creature in the lynch SirFozzie bandwagon and it just seemed too casual a bandwagon vote. I got an "Oh, okay. If I must." vibe from that. That's all I really had.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:14 PM   #445
Suicane75
Coordinator

Neons post was so logical in his thinking, right up till the end, where he just randomly picked someone out thin air, that worries me. I think Henry is someone worth looking at harder.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:16 PM   #446
henry296
College Starter

After I am killed in the next day or night and it is discovered that I am a simple bandit, I will realize that I am a horrible player at this game. I have a tendency to speak before I think and again it will get me killed for no reason.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:18 PM   #447
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
I killed Schmidty. Peregrine's statement got me spooked that bandits were sending in their kill orders and I figured that I might as well use the kill power while I was still alive (hoping that I wouldn't be one of those killed last night).

As to why I chose Schmidty, it was really a shot in the dark.

Lucky bastard

Now who killed me? I know I got hacked because of my big mouth...but I don't have any idea who.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #448
digamma
Torchbearer

We had a flurry going. Oh well. Friday afternoon, I guess.

I'm persuaded by Fouts's and jeff's posts.

Vote henry296
Old 07-15-2005, 05:27 PM   #449
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've just finished reading the thread after getting home from work. As far as the earlier comment about everyone being quiet, I think we've jumped on the early voters some, and that might have diffused some of the enthusiasm to cast the first stone.

In any case, I'm thinking about what everyone said for a bit before I vote.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 05:28 PM   #450
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

As to why I chose Schmidty, it was really a shot in the dark.

Earlier quote by TazFTW:

Quote:
Peregrine is reading the thread...

Hmmmmmm.........

And by the way, Peregrine, yes, you can see when someone is composing a PM. I just checked today and saw 2 people PMing in the "Who's Online" area.