Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I love you all

You're not getting my Bud Light...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #603
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Never drunk an alcoholic beverage in my life.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #604
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alroght, I'm off until waaaay after lynch

Luckl all!!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #605
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm in from work but heading right back out to get my three miles in today. I haven't even bothered reading anything other than Abe has never had a drink in his life.

I'll be back around...5ish, central time.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #606
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

FTR re: Lathum...

Figured I would weigh in, since I was one of the ones targeting Lathum yesterday for the bullying...

I never thought Lathum crossed a line in game with respect to the bullying. It was entirely consistent within gameplay. That doesn't mean it wasn't bullying, but no line was crossed. And, no, that doesn't mean I don't get to call him out on it because I think that.

As for discussing the matter out of the game, I regard that as a faux pas only. Were it to continue to happen or involve issues outside of what is known in the game thread, I would be more concerned, but just discussing the bullying issue, I don't see that as much of an issue, and would like for Lathum to remain in the game.

Lathum should know better, so he gets a little reprimandary slap on the hand, but there has never been any reason to doubt his integrity within a WW game. I don't see this harmless slip up as some indication that Lathum is respecting the game and its rules any less than he usually does.

Personally, I think anyone getting their hackles up over this little transgression, enough to want Lathum out of the game (if that's the case) needs to maybe be a little less serious about stuff.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #607
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm heading to dinner. I"ll try to check in once before deadline but don't anticipate a need to change anything.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #608
MartinD
High School Varsity

Checking in (would have been around earlier, but have had a busy day) - will take me a wee while to catch up...
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #609
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I never thought Lathum crossed a line in game with respect to the bullying. It was entirely consistent within gameplay.

Lathum should know better, so he gets a little reprimandary slap on the hand,
These express different sentiments. Either he did something wrong or he didn't. Lathum didn't. As you suggest you can call him on his tactics, but that's quite different than deserving a reprimand. It's also why I continue to think that this should be called something other than bullying. Calling it Lathuming seemed like an appropriate, tongue-in-cheek response, though I have a feeling Lathum didn't quite see the humor in it.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #610
MartinD
High School Varsity

OK - caught up. Looks like a pretty straightforward vote today - nicely done Clap.

VOTE PASSACAGLIA
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #611
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Updated votes (as of 610)

Passacaglia 14 - claphamsa (475), PurdueBrad (478), Barkeep49 (479), dubb93 (481), Abe Sargent (483), cartman (485), Chief Rum (493), Lathum (509), USFLTecmo (511), lerriuqs (520), The Jackal (553), Autumn (574), Danny (590), MartinD (610)
Lathum 1 - Passacaglia (521)

yet to vote: Poli
Old 04-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #612
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wow, I go off to work and the wheels fall off.

Lathum, dude, what the heck? You know you're staying.

VOTE PASS
Old 04-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #613
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Are you serious? I was the last to vote again? Dang it.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #614
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I personally feel that Lathum should remain in the game and that this subject should be put to rest. I have received PM's saying the same. Hopefully we can get back to the business at hand, which is either ridding the office of Insiders or Downsizing (depending on which side of the fence you sit on).
Old 04-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #615
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Calling it Lathuming seemed like an appropriate, tongue-in-cheek response, though I have a feeling Lathum didn't quite see the humor in it.

I actually thought it was pretty funny and sums me up.

I can put a ton of pressure on people and be a total bulldog, but I like to think I'm not mean spirited about it.

To me the term bully suggests someone gets off on being mean to others, and thats not the case with me.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #616
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Updated votes (as of 614)

Passacaglia 15 - claphamsa (475), PurdueBrad (478), Barkeep49 (479), dubb93 (481), Abe Sargent (483), cartman (485), Chief Rum (493), Lathum (509), USFLTecmo (511), lerriuqs (520), The Jackal (553), Autumn (574), Danny (590), MartinD (610), Poli (614)
Lathum 1 - Passacaglia (521)
Old 04-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #617
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I have to run a few things for work but will be back online shortly after that.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:12 PM   #618
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
These express different sentiments. Either he did something wrong or he didn't. Lathum didn't. As you suggest you can call him on his tactics, but that's quite different than deserving a reprimand. It's also why I continue to think that this should be called something other than bullying. Calling it Lathuming seemed like an appropriate, tongue-in-cheek response, though I have a feeling Lathum didn't quite see the humor in it.

Read it again. The tactics call was on his over the top response to lerriuqs. The reprimand/slap on the hand is for discussing game matters out of thread in AIM. They do express different sentiments, but that's because they're about different things.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #619
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I personally feel that Lathum should remain in the game and that this subject should be put to rest. I have received PM's saying the same. Hopefully we can get back to the business at hand, which is either ridding the office of Insiders or Downsizing (depending on which side of the fence you sit on).

Yeah, I'm sticking around.

I think there was a misinterpretation of my mentioning why I spoke to others about it.

I asked others about it on AIM because I wanted to be sure I wasn't being an ass. I don't see how this effects who votes for whom and why. We have people who live together that play and I know for a fact Pass and I have spoken during games about how an individule may be acting within a game. I just felt calling me out on it was a hypocritical move by some. My bringing it up was in defense of my actions after Pass referenced it yet again this morning and was not meant to be intergrated as part of the game. I still don't see how anyone can interpret it otherwise but obviously I was wrong.

I would just as soon let it go until after the game. If anyone feels a line was crossed I am truly sorry.

As far as the new guys go we have been playing together for 5 years and sometimes shit pops up but it rarely if ever carries over from game to game.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #620
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

I guess we just sit around and twiddle our thumbs now...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #621
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think a good place to look is on the early hoops voters.

I suspect PerdueBrad or Jackal are a wolf. I find it hard to believe Hoops had 6 votes, all villagers on him. I know me CR and Clap are clean and schmidty is dead
Old 04-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #622
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I think that the 2nd statement of CR's is referring talking to people outside the game, not the...uh...Lathuming.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #623
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Yeah, I'm sticking around.

I think there was a misinterpretation of my mentioning why I spoke to others about it.

I asked others about it on AIM because I wanted to be sure I wasn't being an ass. I don't see how this effects who votes for whom and why. We have people who live together that play and I know for a fact Pass and I have spoken during games about how an individule may be acting within a game. I just felt calling me out on it was a hypocritical move by some. My bringing it up was in defense of my actions after Pass referenced it yet again this morning and was not meant to be intergrated as part of the game. I still don't see how anyone can interpret it otherwise but obviously I was wrong.

I would just as soon let it go until after the game. If anyone feels a line was crossed I am truly sorry.

As far as the new guys go we have been playing together for 5 years and sometimes shit pops up but it rarely if ever carries over from game to game.

i say we all get together... and pee on lathum... then everyone (excpet lathum) will feel better and we can move on!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #624
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Anyone want to call about 15 sets of parents to tell them we're not going to have flag football this year?

Groan. I'll be on the phone a while.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #625
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

why not? did they catch you peeing on lathum? and charge you as a sex offendor?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #626
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I will try to have the results up as close to 8 as possible. I would do that now but there were no nightfall votes. I actually find that amusing for how the vote went (15 to 1 with no nightfall).
Old 04-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #627
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post

Maybe this was him?

OH HAI BEST SPORTS COACH EVER!!1 - Front Office Football Central
Old 04-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #628
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think a good place to look is on the early hoops voters.

I suspect PerdueBrad or Jackal are a wolf. I find it hard to believe Hoops had 6 votes, all villagers on him. I know me CR and Clap are clean and schmidty is dead

I'd tend to agree with you, and it does make me suspect PB. Feel free to scan me or such, I've got no role. I voted for Hoops simply because he voted for me and left it there because I don't like moving votes around as a villager on day 1.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #629
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Everyone files into a meeting room anxious to eliminate an Insider. The afternoon had begun with claphamsa declaring that he knows the identity of one of the Insiders. "Passacaglia is a money grubbing, soulless weazel!!!"

Much like sheep the rest of the workers follow along and declare that Passacaglia must die. He must pay for the greedy sins of the other Insiders.

Passacaglia turns the attention of the crowd towards Lathum briefly but nothing changes anyone's mind.

The crowd turns towards Passacaglia and descends upon him.

"Wait!!! I must explain." he tries one last attempt to plead his case but suddenly his pleads turn into corporate lingo.

"I'm Bob. I have been asked to evaluate everyone. I can see that all of you have some benefit for the company. I feel that we can leverage this benefit for the greater good of the compa..."

"Enough!!!"

A crash is heard as the fax machine shatters into a thousand pieces across Passacaglia... Bob's head. Passacaglia slumps to the ground.

Upon further inspection you find a bisuness card. He was a corporate consultant. You also find a big fat bonus check. Almost instantly you see the letters V O I D appear across the check.

You have done it, you have eliminated one of the Insiders and "saved the company money" as the check will not be cashed.

Over the intercom comes the following announcement...

"The executive bonus pool will be redistributed to the remaining Executives."

"Excellent!!!" Someone in the crowd exclaims...

You now have another staff meeting to prepare for, another reorganization...
Old 04-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #630
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
w00t!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #631
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Score! Nice job guys, wtg Clap!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #632
Danny
Head Coach

Nice, no matter what happens in the evening phase you caught us a wolf Clap, so job well done.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #633
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
Funny. No, it's a participation thing. Just 23 kids thus far from 5 through 15 years of age.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #634
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I R alive! plz be protecting me

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #635
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hey! Just saw the results, stupid phone calls from parents are still filtering in.

Woot, woot!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #636
Autumn
Head Coach

That's a good day of work. Here's hoping we foil those Insiders somehow this "afternoon"
Old 04-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #637
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Great job, clap. ANd not Lumbergh, so we can keep you for another night. I guess the good news is that either you or I will live through tonight after all. I hope it's you; you have much more value than I.

I can't begin to guess who the BG has been protecting, though, so we'll see how it works out. More importantly, I don't think the wolves have a clue what the BG will do either.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #638
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

yeah at this point the not knowing who the BG is protecting is a good thing.... until he hits a bock, then the wolves can be mathematical about it

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #639
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

nicely done Clap
Old 04-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #640
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Good job clap. Here's hoping you survive and get lucky again tonight with another hit.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #641
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Putting together the PM's and results. Will post shortly once complete.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #642
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I better be alive! its past my bedtime!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #643
The Jackal
Coordinator

The suspense, she kills!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #644
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
The suspense, she kills!

That ain't the only thing that kills around here...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:21 PM   #645
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

You herd towards the meeting room to find out what the next "restructuring" will be. You are prepared for the worst. You watch everyone to make sure they arrive safely. Everyone that is, except claphamsa. You notice that he has not made the meeting room.

You rush for the door but the room is locked tight. You cannot get out of the room. This has gotten worse? You are trapped and have no idea if claphamsa is allive or dead.

As the seconds slowly tick away you begin to search for other ways to get out of the room. Can you pry the door open, how about the drop ceiling? There must be a way. You have to find out what happened to claphamsa.

"The restructuring is not yet complete. We will cut expenses at all cost. Our bonuses must continue to grow." echoes from the intercom.

A click is heard, someone got the door open.

You flood out of the room and into the main office. Where is he? What happened to him?

"There he is!!! Oh my God!!!"

There sits claphamsa... Peter. He looks s peaceful sitting there with a lifeless expression on his face. His throat has been slit and a pink lip is stapled to his shirt. Folded and placed in his pocket is a cover letter for a TPS report.

"Next meeting at 6:00" is heard as the intercom springs to life. Three more hours to another victim?

"We act at 5:00. We get rid of one of them at 5:00."

You have two hours to your meeting. Time has no meaning any more. Two hours might as well be twenty two...
Old 04-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #646
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Damn
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #647
Autumn
Head Coach

oh suck
Old 04-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #648
Autumn
Head Coach

I've got to head to bed. Maybe someone will know something more by morning.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:49 PM   #649
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 04-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #650
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The BG must have protected clap last night.