Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-14-2007, 10:24 PM   #151
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathoner View Post
Reference Survivor:Challenge/Common Thread posts #826 and #833.

Ah yes... I had blocked that day from my memory.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:59 PM   #152
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Then why didnt you vote me if you thought my actions didnt add up? From what you say, you thought my actions were odd. So why did you stay on ITC?

That is why i feel there are at least 2 wolves in your group, i gave you all reason to swap and you didnt. If you thought me a wolf, you should have swapped. If you thought me good, you should have swapped. So in staying put, you give me no explainable outcome other then evil was among you

now I am not denying that there is probably wolves in the group that voted with me to oust ITC. I disagree with you on one aspect however. If I thought you good, I should have switched? The problem I have, is who to switch too. I felt that a tie needed to be broken so I tried to do it asap. Is that poor reasoning? possibly, but it is still what I was thinking.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:28 AM   #153
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, that ended up being an awful move.

That said, I still can't fault the WW logic that went into the vote, and I don't see why Blade is so worked up (other than the obvious that we could have saved the seer). IMTheCrew made a drive by second vote and never explained himself. Contrary to Blade's suggestion, I don't know of any IMTheCrew style. I'm not sure I have ever played in a game with him, and, as Blade knows, I have been in most games going back to the summer.

I'm not saying the new guy didn't have a defined style, but I would hardly say that was common knowledge.

It's a WW truth that Day One votes are crap. We have very little to nothing to go on. But someone has to go/die.

I voted and left before Blade did his kill bsak ploy, so I didn't get a chance to react to that, but I think Blade overplayed it way too much for the effect he was desiring. IMTheCrew doesn't have a style yet I know of--but Blade does. Everyone knows he does and says off the wall stuff. He is exactly the guy I would read that from and forget about it as Blade being Blade.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:52 AM   #154
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
IMTheCrew made a drive by second vote and never explained himself.
Thats exactly the point...that became the reason, when he wasnt the 2nd vote...sndvls was...thats part of it for me, as he got lynched be being a 2nd vote with no reason when he wasnt the 2nd vote.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:20 AM   #155
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Thats exactly the point...that became the reason, when he wasnt the 2nd vote...sndvls was...thats part of it for me, as he got lynched be being a 2nd vote with no reason when he wasnt the 2nd vote.

Actually, I miswrote that. In my original vote, I even pointed out SnDvls was the first "suspicious" vote, but he saved himself by recanting. IMTheCrew's vote was suspicious to me more because he made it without saying why. It certainly could be construed as an attempt to get a bandwagon rolling on DC. Obviously, that wasn't what was happening, but at that point in time, there was little else to go on.

I don't know if my vote would have stayed on IMTheCrew if I had been here all day, but I know for the point in time I had to put in a vote this morning, he had the leading "suspect" vote to that point. It's just so disappointing when you're in a critical role, but you make a mistake like that.

I think as IMTheCrew plays more he will see why that was jumped on and learn from it. Right now, though, we're out the seer.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:43 AM   #156
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I find it interesting how quick you are to turn on those who essentially were trying to save you.

Interesting? Why? It was a bandwagon that quickly formed against ITC and I'm pretty sure at least 1 wolf is in there. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful to be alive but bandwagons, whether against me or someone else are often suspicious.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #157
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Let's remember that bandwagons are only bad against villagers. Against wolves they make sure that the wolves can't manipulate the vote. So to summarize:

Killing villagers = bad
Killing wolves = good
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:15 AM   #158
path12
Coordinator

Just got in. Processing night actions now.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #159
path12
Coordinator

POT O GOLD CHILI
4 Tablespoons lard, oil, or shortening
6 pounds extra-lean beef chuck, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
2 pounds extra lean pork loin, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
3 large onions, finely chopped
4 ribs celery, finely chopped
10 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 can (6 ounces) tomato sauce
3 cups rich brown stock (homemade)*
6 to 12 ounces high quality bourbon whiskey
1 bottle (12 ounces) dark beer
3 Tablespoons cumin
1 Tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
3 heaping Tablespoons New Mexico chili powder
3 Tablespoons heaping Pasilla chili powder
3 Tablespoons heaping crushed chili quebrado,
1 teaspoon mace
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Chopped cilantro (fresh coriander), for garnish

In an 8 quart or larger Dutch oven, melt the lard over medium heat. Brown the beef and pork cubes in the fat. Transfer the browned meat to a large, low sided stockpot or Dutch oven, and reserve the fat in the pan.

Saute the onions, celery, and garlic in the remaining fat until the vegetables are soft and golden but not brown. Add them to the meat. Stir in the tomato sauce, beef stock, and bourbon.

Pour the beer into a bowl and add the cumin, oregano, nutmeg, sugar, cocoa, chili powder, chili quebrado, mace, salt, and pepper. Stir the seasonings into the meat mixture, and simmer the chili uncoverd for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. If more liquid is needed to maintain consistency, add either water, beer, or bourbon. Serves about 20.

Aaron Gobragh was excited. He had practiced countless times for this very moment, and finally perfected his Pot O Gold chili. Now, he thought, now victory is within my grasp. He'd monitored his station carefully, almost dozing at one point, but he wouldn't have missed anyone trying to tamper, or would he?

He ladled samples to the judges standing before him. "Nice color" said one. Aaron watched them taste it and pictured himself with the trophy......until he saw their faces contort and spit out his chili. Then he noticed the empty bottle of soy sauce behind his station. The cheaters have struck!

Blade6119 has been eliminated. Day 2 deadline is 10PM Eastern tonight.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #160
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Oh and nice touch on the recipes as some of us get eliminated path

Thanks. I'm probably violating some kind of copyright but I don't think anyone will notice....
Old 02-15-2007, 12:32 PM   #161
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ouch, that hurts. Considering Blade is an experienced player who can stir things up, he is almost as big a loss for us as the seer. It's fortunate at least that he wasn't the body guard. So did anyone get any information last night? I would have to review the roles to see if there is anyone left for good who can. We need some theories everyone.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #162
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I think that is one of the main reasons that Blade was struck. He was experienced and the wolves wanted rid of him before they were revealed. Another reason could be that he was right on his initial guess so before he was able to get steam behind that vote he was axed.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:46 PM   #163
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

did Blade ever say who he suspected? I cant find that anywhere.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:51 PM   #164
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

He kept himself firm on Barkeep, plus Barkeep was the second one to pile on to ITC. He said he voted for ITC for piling on yet he did the same when doing his vote.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:02 PM   #165
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Classic frame job set up....good one wolves you leave several "suspects" in this one.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #166
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Exactly. Not sure I buy that the wolves got rid of Blade because he was sniffing too close. It's an obvious frame up job. IMO, that puts Barkeep (his vote) and bsak (his "death" target) off of my list for today.

Unfortunately, I have to go again, so I have to place a vote. I am going to go with one of the ITC voters (yes, I know I was one of them) and...

VOTE MARATHONER

I don't like this vote much more than anyone else, but the theoiry that there are wolves in the ITC voting list is a decent one. So I'll start at the back and work my way forward (wolves are more likely at the back end then the front).

I could easily be moved off of this vote with more information/discussion, but I am afraid I won't be around before deadline. Working nights sucks sometimes.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:35 PM   #167
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Classic frame job set up....good one wolves you leave several "suspects" in this one.

Who do you think the wolves were trying to set up?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:52 PM   #168
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Who do you think the wolves were trying to set up?

Like CR said Barkeep or Bask (sp?)
Old 02-15-2007, 03:26 PM   #169
SnDvls
Pro Starter

vote NTN

not sure I'll get another chance to get one in later
Old 02-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #170
Blade6119
Coordinator

thank you wolves, i really didnt mind that one at all. Best of luck to both sides
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #171
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post

Yeah, could be; but wolves do kill people who they feel threatened by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Let's remember that bandwagons are only bad against villagers. Against wolves they make sure that the wolves can't manipulate the vote. So to summarize:

Killing villagers = bad
Killing wolves = good

Ahhhhh, so losing IMC was actually a bad thing! Gotcha, for a minute there I thought we were on the right track. Phew, thanks for clearing it up for us BK!!
Old 02-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #172
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

My top suspect is SnDvls, but since he won't be around to defend himself, I won't vote for him. So, I'm going after my number two suspect.

VOTE DODGERCHICK

First, seafood in chili is disgusting and shouldn't be allowed to exist. Second, her late vote yesterday against me. Not so much that it was against me, but that it wasn't on ITC or anyone else with votes. That looks like a throw-away vote to avoid being on the lynch of a good chef.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #173
path12
Coordinator

Current vote totals (numbers in parentheses are the order in which the vote was made for tiebreaking purposes):

Marathoner 1 -- Chief Rum(1)
ntndeacon 1 -- SnDvls(2)
Dodgerchick 1 -- Jonathan Ezarik(3)

Still to vote: Barkeep, MollyMurphy, Dodgerchick, ntndeacon, Marathoner, bsak16
Old 02-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #174
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I think the strategy of voting of one of us that voted for ITC is not a bad strategy. I tend to think Marathoner is not a wolf since he was the last on the pile on. I don't think a wolf would be that blatent. I don't know who I will vote for yet, but iwill have sometime to think about it over dinner.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:05 PM   #175
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
My top suspect is SnDvls, but since he won't be around to defend himself, I won't vote for him. So, I'm going after my number two suspect.

VOTE DODGERCHICK

First, seafood in chili is disgusting and shouldn't be allowed to exist. Second, her late vote yesterday against me. Not so much that it was against me, but that it wasn't on ITC or anyone else with votes. That looks like a throw-away vote to avoid being on the lynch of a good chef.

Don't be hatin' on my chili!!!

Umm... you do realize that before roles were sent out I said I started a job and am adjusting to my new schedule and wasn't gonna be around much right? Yeah...

So Sndvls is your top suspect but you voted for me eh? Nice one! I'll put a vote down for Sndvls:

vote sndvls

His second vote on me, the pileon IMC, and the mere mention of planting the "classic setup" seed to get people to look elsewhere.

As mentioned earlier, not sure how much I'll be around today but tomorrow is my day off and will have a chance to look at things more clearly.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #176
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I have been debating this one for a bit. I agree a little with JE that SnDvls was/is going to be my first choice but I am also a little skeptical of Barkeep and CR.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:10 PM   #177
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
His second vote on me, the pileon IMC, and the mere mention of planting the "classic setup" seed to get people to look elsewhere.

Just re-read this part and I do believe that sndvls and BK could be baddies.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:13 PM   #178
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Don't be hatin' on my chili!!!

Madam, to call that....product chili is a disservice to all chili.
Quote:
Umm... you do realize that before roles were sent out I said I started a job and am adjusting to my new schedule and wasn't gonna be around much right? Yeah...

So Sndvls is your top suspect but you voted for me eh? Nice one!

Actually, I forgot about you starting a new job. Still, it doesn't change how I see your vote. And I explained why I wasn't voting for SnDvls this time.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:15 PM   #179
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually, I forgot about you starting a new job. Still, it doesn't change how I see your vote. And I explained why I wasn't voting for SnDvls this time.

Yeah, he said he might not be around so does that mean that people shouldn't vote for him because of that? I might not be around either so does that mean you're gonna unvote me and vote for someone else?
Old 02-15-2007, 04:18 PM   #180
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

No, because you're here now. You have a chance to defend yourself.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:21 PM   #181
Lorena
Unregistered

dola,

people should vote for whom they think is a wolf. If ya'll seriously think I'm the top suspect, then vote for me, whether I'm here or not I really don't care. Your only loss would be tasting the pure brilliance that is my Green Seafood Chili.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #182
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
No, because you're here now. You have a chance to defend yourself.

Alright, it's cool. So if I leave make sure to unvote me because I won't be around to defend myself further k?
Old 02-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #183
MollyMurphy
Mascot

I too see merit in the theory that one of the folks who piled on to the ITC vote could be a WW. I don't think Marathoner is the one since he came on so late in the vote. Chief Rum sealed ITC's fate by putting him up by 2 votes with only 3 voters left. Short of them all voting for Dodgerchick, ITC was done.

VOTE CHIEF RUM
MollyMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #184
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Alright, it's cool. So if I leave make sure to unvote me because I won't be around to defend myself further k?

Except I won't be around later, either.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #185
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Except I won't be around later, either.

I guess it sucks for me then eh? Smart ass
Old 02-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #186
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I agree that it's a classic setup job. And so I look to one of the most experienced players around (besides myself) to execute it.

Vote Chief Rum

P.S. DC I hope you know my tongue was firmly in my cheek.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:00 PM   #187
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

As I said before there are a few that I have my eye on. I am not going to join in on the pile on vote for CR because that just seems a little fishy right now so I am going to go with my gut here

VOTE BARKEEP49
Old 02-15-2007, 05:00 PM   #188
path12
Coordinator

Current vote totals (numbers in parentheses are the order in which the vote was made for tiebreaking purposes):

Chief Rum 2 -- MollyMurphy(5), Barkeep49(6)
ntndeacon 1 -- SnDvls(2)
SnDvls 1 -- Dodgerchick(4)
Barkeep49 1 -- bsak16(7)

Still to vote: ntndeacon, Marathoner

Last edited by path12 : 02-15-2007 at 05:01 PM.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:29 PM   #189
MollyMurphy
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
As I said before there are a few that I have my eye on. I am not going to join in on the pile on vote for CR because that just seems a little fishy right now so I am going to go with my gut here

VOTE BARKEEP49

I wouldn't call 3 votes a pile up.
MollyMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:35 PM   #190
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMurphy View Post
I wouldn't call 3 votes a pile up.

lol, I think she means pile on.

Pile up is what happens when I let her drive
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:49 PM   #191
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
lol, I think she means pile on.

Pile up is what happens when I let her drive
You let her play. She's acquitting herself just fine.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:14 PM   #192
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

wow. well my problem is that Idon't want to sign Rum's death warrant just yet. I am more suspicious of SnDvls so that is where my vote is going to go.

Vote SnDvls

I will be willing to discuss further after survivor.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:17 PM   #193
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
wow. well my problem is that Idon't want to sign Rum's death warrant just yet. I am more suspicious of SnDvls so that is where my vote is going to go.

Vote SnDvls

I will be willing to discuss further after survivor.

I'd like to hear why because it was a toss up between him and barkeep for me.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #194
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
I'd like to hear why because it was a toss up between him and barkeep for me.

well to me this was more of a pile on vote than Rum's vote. And I see SnDvls vote as the coup de grace on ITC.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:21 PM   #195
Marathoner
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Exactly. Not sure I buy that the wolves got rid of Blade because he was sniffing too close. It's an obvious frame up job. IMO, that puts Barkeep (his vote) and bsak (his "death" target) off of my list for today.

Unfortunately, I have to go again, so I have to place a vote. I am going to go with one of the ITC voters (yes, I know I was one of them) and...

VOTE MARATHONER

I don't like this vote much more than anyone else, but the theoiry that there are wolves in the ITC voting list is a decent one. So I'll start at the back and work my way forward (wolves are more likely at the back end then the front).

I could easily be moved off of this vote with more information/discussion, but I am afraid I won't be around before deadline. Working nights sucks sometimes.

You're honestly going to vote for me?! I was the last to vote for ITC, his fate was decided. I just thought his name was fishy.
Marathoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:24 PM   #196
path12
Coordinator

Current vote totals with about 25 minutes to go (numbers in parentheses are the order in which the vote was made for tiebreaking purposes):

Dodgerchick 2 -- Jonathan Ezarik(3), Marathoner(9)
Chief Rum 2 -- MollyMurphy(5), Barkeep49(6)
SnDvls 2 -- Dodgerchick(4), ntndeacon(8)
ntndeacon 1 -- SnDvls(2)
Barkeep49 1 -- bsak16(7)

Still to vote: Nobody

Dodgerchick is currently on the block due to longest held vote.

Last edited by path12 : 02-15-2007 at 08:36 PM.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:28 PM   #197
Marathoner
High School JV

VOTE DODGERCHICK

I agree with JE, she is trying to draw attention away from herself, if I were a wolf that is what I'd do.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:30 PM   #198
Marathoner
High School JV

Besides, it just so happens I want ot fix seafood chili tomorrow and can't find a recipe anywhere.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:36 PM   #199
path12
Coordinator

Edited post #196 to reflect current vote.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:02 PM   #200
path12
Coordinator

Deadline. Results in a moment.