Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #451
Danny
Head Coach

So, right now, I am thinking I will give phasers out to all officers and security personal. I will then assign each security personnel a number of locations that they can choose to protect is so desired.

In general, I am leaning toward protecting locations and going exhausted as I think if we get an early push on getting ready for launch that will put the spawn into reaction mode.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #452
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

We have a ton of work to do to get off this GOdforsaken rock.
And we need all the people we have. Day one will be a villager kill for sure as usual.

From other spawn games it seemed clear that spawn candidates were quickly narrowed down from within specific groups who did specific activities.

Chief mentioned he wasn't sure there were any spawn in our group yet. Well that seems unlikely but I wouldn't be surprised if there were only 1 actually.

vote No execute
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #453
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
um....disobey YOU and give YOU a phaser?

I am Chief. Not A Chief.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #454
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I am Chief. Not A Chief.

You and YOU and not a YOU? (Baaaaaa-a-a-a-a-a-ahh)
Old 06-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #455
Danny
Head Coach

vote no execute
Old 06-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #456
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have been advoating it, but not voting, so I will get that out of the way now.

VOTE NO EXECUTE

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #457
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

*advocating

Old 06-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #458
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Wheres my damn gun at Danny?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #459
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I got people and/or things to shoot and/or protect.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #460
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Who's idea is this no execute garbage?
Old 06-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #461
Danny
Head Coach

Hold, formulating a plan now
Old 06-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #462
Danny
Head Coach

Formulating a plan now.

It looks like Slavemaster is the same as warden.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #463
saldana
Pro Starter

ok, so the scan of JAG came up clean.

i suggest that if one of the officers has an action point left, promote someone to Warden, then the warden can put the captain and myself in the brig, and one security officer can guard us both...we can get a solid 4 people in there each night, all of whom have been cleared, and then have us released each morning.

also, i concur with the concept of no execution today...the most important thing right now is getting off the planet.

vote no execute
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #464
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post

i suggest that if one of the officers has an action point left, promote someone to Warden, then the warden can put the captain and myself in the brig, and one security officer can guard us both...we can get a solid 4 people in there each night, all of whom have been cleared, and then have us released each morning.

also, i concur with the concept of no execution today...the most important thing right now is getting off the planet.

vote no execute

Interesting plan. So how does that clear people in the brig? If they aren't dead/spawn in the morning? Do we actually know when people are converted?
Old 06-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #465
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I can't say I'm a huge fan of this plan. Any random group of 4 has a good chance to produce a potential spawn methinks.

Also I'm not sure YOU are clear at this point.

In the past I've seen doctors pull people in to infect as well as doctors get infected by those they pull in.

One bad apple in that brig would be game over for us methinks. Excuse me if I haven't seen enough yet to blindly trust 4 people with the fate of the game.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #466
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Vote No Execute

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #467
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Assuming we have to specify, I would suggest:

Hoops converts Warehouse 2
Darth Vilus, Chubby and a team of 10 slaves converts Warehouse 2

CrimsonFox and a team of 6 slaves converts Warehouse 1
Simbo Klice and a team of Mauboy, Shiggles, Julio Riddols and ? converts Warehouse 1

We need a fourth member for Simbo's team, one of the security personnel I guess, or JAG?

Ah okay NOW I finally see where you were coming from. So many rules!

But here are the rules I think you were using:
Away Teams
Each day all officers and the Slave Master may lead an away team (the Slave Master may only lead an away team made up completely of slaves). There may be more than 1 away team each day. A crew member, if asked, must go on away team if they have the action points to do so.

An away team must be designated as an:
*Exploration mission (Gives a bonus to a future type of mission; Must always be a planned away team)
*Mining mission (Harvests Crystlium)
*Water mission (Finds water)
*Other type of mission (As offered by the GM)

Supervise Slaves Day or Night The Slave Master may choose to supervise the work of slaves along with an Engineer performing the Supervise Conversion action. The Slave Master may supervise an additional 4 slaves. 1 AP

So Darth and Chubby supervising 10 slaves = 5 points and hoops gives us 2 for 7

Sure. If know one else is using people and slaves for away missions and they'd be wasted otherwise why not. Granted Darth and Chubby and hoops would all have to submit the correct orders for that to happen.

Anyway like I said I already grabbed my 6 slaves and filled out the proper requisions and am on my way to WH1. If your above plan doesn't happen Autumn, it's okay. It would mean 6 cycles have been done on 1 and one of us can either bang it out tonight or tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #468
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I can't say I'm a huge fan of this plan. Any random group of 4 has a good chance to produce a potential spawn methinks.

In the past I've seen doctors pull people in to infect as well as doctors get infected by those they pull in.

One bad apple in that brig would be game over for us methinks. Excuse me if I haven't seen enough yet to blindly trust 4 people with the fate of the game.

I do think we need a medic too so that we have more than one healer in the group. Are there nurses too?
Old 06-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #469
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Interesting plan. So how does that clear people in the brig? If they aren't dead/spawn in the morning? Do we actually know when people are converted?

it doesnt clear the people in the brig...you only put people that have been cleared into the brig

Quote:

fair point about me, but here is the thing...if i am clear (which i am) and i clear the captain, (which i did) and you put us in the brig, then tomorrow add whomever i scan, and the day after we add the 4th, that is not a random group of 4

and if i were a spawn and i was bringing people in and mutating them instead of scanning them, or faking and then mutating them at night in the brig, then i am still in the brig with 3 other spawn every night instead of out mutating anyone else.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #470
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
it doesnt clear the people in the brig...you only put people that have been cleared into the brig

But you aren't cleared. And if you aren't cleared then really that means Jag isn't either .
Old 06-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #471
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

and if i were a spawn and i was bringing people in and mutating them instead of scanning them, or faking and then mutating them at night in the brig, then i am still in the brig with 3 other spawn every night instead of out mutating anyone else.

Hooray! You used my word!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #472
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Excuse me if I haven't seen enough yet to blindly trust 4 people with the fate of the game.

dola, and not for nothing, but you dont ever trust anyone, regardless of what you have seen, LOL
Old 06-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #473
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:

vote no execute

Unless I read wrong, Jag and I are the only ones that can promote, correct?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #474
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
But you aren't cleared. And if you aren't cleared then really that means Jag isn't either .

this is correct...but if i am a spawn, at least i will be in the brig...and unfortunately, there is no way to verify me, which is what dubb is concerned about...i believe it was Vince that was a spawn doctor in the first game who wrecked shop by bringing in his exam patients and converting them, so there i am not gonna take it personally that there is doubt...it is not unprecedented.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #475
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I think we need a medic or nurse pretty soon.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #476
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
this is correct...but if i am a spawn, at least i will be in the brig...and unfortunately, there is no way to verify me, which is what dubb is concerned about...i believe it was Vince that was a spawn doctor in the first game who wrecked shop by bringing in his exam patients and converting them, so there i am not gonna take it personally that there is doubt...it is not unprecedented.

dissection will verify you
Old 06-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #477
Danny
Head Coach

Phasers Given to

Jag, Autumn, LonestarGirl, Zinto, Packerfanatic, Danny, Chief Rum, Chubby and Dubb

Protect Plan

Danny: Water Plant, Warehouses & Brig

Chief Rum: Perimeter Fence and Medical Facilities, Officers’ Offices

PackerFanatic Armory & Scientists Lab

Dubb: Power Facilities & Crew Quarters

Chubby: Security Headquartes and Slave Pens
Old 06-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #478
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Phasers Given to

Jag, Autumn, LonestarGirl, Zinto, Packerfanatic, Danny, Chief Rum, Chubby and Dubb

Protect Plan

Danny: Water Plant, Warehouses & Brig

Chief Rum: Perimeter Fence and Medical Facilities, Officers’ Offices

PackerFanatic Armory & Scientists Lab

Dubb: Power Facilities & Crew Quarters

Chubby: Security Headquartes and Slave Pens

unless i am reading things wrong, i dont understand this plan...if you use one person to man the security HQ, no one can attack the slave pens, crew quarters, armory or brig, so why are we using 4 people to protect those locations individually, and not assigning anyone to protect any individual people?
Old 06-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #479
Danny
Head Coach

It's just a general assignment. Obviously that means for example that Chubby would protect security headquarters, dubb facilities, Packer scientists lab, chief his choice and me plant or warehouse.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #480
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
dissection will verify you

so would the empath, but we dont know if we have one of those or not.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #481
Danny
Head Coach

I do believe protecting locations is far more important than people at this point, especially since the bonus we get in protecting a location is bigger
Old 06-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #482
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quite enjoying the sound of the whip in the air, Crimson takes 6 slaves with him to convert Warehouse 1.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #483
Danny
Head Coach

I gave the phaser order
Old 06-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #484
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's just a general assignment. Obviously that means for example that Chubby would protect security headquarters, dubb facilities, Packer scientists lab, chief his choice and me plant or warehouse.

how would i do this?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #485
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I also don't feel that posting the locations we intend to protect is a particularly good idea. Maybe giving all those people a list of a couple to choose from, so there is a little randomness to it.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #486
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Chubby - you just PM BK with your action.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #487
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I also don't feel that posting the locations we intend to protect is a particularly good idea. Maybe giving all those people a list of a couple to choose from, so there is a little randomness to it.

I did that.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #488
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Am I missing the part in the rules where Danny thinks he can tell me what to protect?
Old 06-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #489
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
how would i do this?

That's one of your abilities.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #490
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Seeing the good work being done in Warehouse 1, Chief starts to head that way to do work hoping that there will be an engineer to supervise him.

Meanwhile,
Danny posts a list of people who should report to the Armory to pick-up weapons before heading off for the night:
Quote:
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #491
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Chubby - you just PM BK with your action.

my point being, I don't see that as an option in the rules unless I'm missing something. I believe i can only guard the slave pens which is pointless if someone is manning the security HQ
Old 06-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #492
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

Meanwhile,
Danny posts a list of people who should report to the Armory to pick-up weapons before heading off for the night:

Sweet! Thanks for the gun Danny. I shall use this gun to kill Saldana. That should give us a solid read on the captain. Make it so Barkeep!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #493
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's one of your abilities.

Slave Master (1 AP per cycle)

Protect Slave Pens Night Only The Slave Master may guard the Slave Pens at night. If there is an attack he will receive a bonus, if armed. This is slightly less effective than regular protect.1 AP

Execute Slave Day or Night The Slave Master may choose a specific slave to be executed. That slave is immediately killed. 1 AP

Supervise Slaves Day or Night The Slave Master may choose to supervise the work of slaves along with an Engineer performing the Supervise Conversion action. The Slave Master may supervise an additional 4 slaves. 1 AP

Old 06-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #494
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

SUMMARY Since the last one

Main Discussions:
Posts 352 on - Discussions about warehouses and building conversion, how they work, and various computations regarding who to send.. Barkeep answers lots of Q's about those.(Crimson, Autumn, ChiefRum, Barkeep, hoops)
Posts 387 on - Discussions about who to give guns to (dubb, ChiefRum, Packarfan
Misc - Lonestargirl ponders the different roles she can assign people to, including galleymaster, nurse, warden, medic.
Post 431 on - Whether we execute today and the several merits against it. Plus a brig plan from saldana.(Zinto, Abe, Danny, CrimsonFox, Chief RUm, dubb, , saldanadarth
Jag discusses away missions and coordinating with dr scans
435 on - Danny and Chief Rum have idea about assigning security members to partcular places
Post 477 - Danny decides phaser distribution and discusses protection plans.

Things that happen:
Post 353 - Dr. Saldana examines JAG (cue sax music) - Later comes back "clean" according to the doctor
Post 382 - Chief Engineer hoops takes tools and goes to work on converting Warehouse 2
Post 392 - Engineer DV takes his tools and goes to help hoops convert warehouse 2
Post 482 - Engineer CrimsonFox takes 6 Slaves and goes to convert Warehouse 1

Old 06-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #495
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Recap of key posts from Post #338-471

--Doctor saldana checks out Captain JAG, and judging from BK's description, saldana is satisfied JAG is clean. saldana confirms in later post. #353 & #463

--BK responds to Autumn's question to note that locations are specifically identified (Warehouse 1, Warehouse 2, etc.) #358

--Autumn appears to be planning tomorrow's mission, per BK's post. #360

--Captain JAG notes that guarding the security HQ is the only day action for security crewmen, suggesting this may be a necessary action to consider going forward. #370

--BK explains how a converted/unconverted HQ affects a converted/unconverted brig anf armory. #380 & #405

--hoops goes off to convert Warehouse 2. #382

--DV follows hoops to convert Warehouse 2. #392

--Chief and Danny suggest a plan for the nightly security rotation. #401 & #435

--Security Chief PF wants guns to go to officers, but allows Sergeant at Arms Danny to decide.#406

--BK confirms that engineers either supervise or they do work, not both. #407

--Security crewman Chief Rum and Trainer in training Abe Sargent explain reasons for no execute vote at Captain JAG's request. #421 & #439

--Danny suggests how he will likely handle his part in gun distribution and contributes to security plan. #451

--No execute votes-- CF (#452), Danny (#455), Chief Rum (#456), saldana (#463), DV (#466)

--saldana suggests using Brig to keep cleared individuals clean. #463

--Danny distributes guns to officers and security personnel; sets out security plan. #477

--CF goes to Warehouse 1 with 6 slaves. #482

Old 06-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #496
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I am of the mind that only officers should hold weapons at this point - but I will let you decide that.

There is no assurance that an officer is less likely to be a Spawn that non-officer. I think if we are going to selectively pass out guns the focus should be on cleared vs non-cleared rather than officer vs non-officer.

Also, don't we want all of our security personnel to be armed since they get a bonus to prevent attacks if they have a weapon? I thought that everyone got some bonus in the past, but that might be my memory playing tricks on me since I could not find this in the rules.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #497
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

lol...that sucks. Hope we both get credit.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #498
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

no execute

i haven't seen a compelling case to vote otherwise
Old 06-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #499
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Good point Chubby - I missed that. Then you can only protect the Slave Pens.

And Dubb - he is just giving general direction. Only I could actually order you to do that, you're more than welcome to go off on your own...but I am sure it wouldn't be taken lightly
Old 06-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #500
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

LOL I was first! hahaha!