Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

(X-Com) Three's company - The world has been lost!

After playing around with the game this morning and thoroughly enjoying why not another X-Com dynasty, so I will be joining Macro Guru and Brian Swartz to see how I fare.

Name:
Male / Female / Either
Ironman or regular

Starting Base: Europe
Labs and Workshops cost 50% less to build and maintain. Labs grant scientists and speed up research. Workshops grant engineers and can reduce the cost of buildings

FOFC Roster

DJ Thomas
Benton Gale
Deacon Palmer
Poli Rules
Da Law
Coffee Warlord
Kid Kodos

Last edited by BYU 14 : 12-05-2012 at 02:25 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
MacroGuru
Coordinator

DJ Thomas
Male
UK
Old 11-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Deacon Palmieri
Male
Italy
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #4
Poli
FOFC Survivor

In. Poli Rules. Nothing else matters. Respawn till the cows come home.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #5
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Benton Gale
whatever you need is fine and keep them coming as needed...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #6
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Da Law
no other preference
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

OK, off we go!!

Operation Purple Mother
Date: 03/01/2015
Objective: Sweep and eliminate hostiles

Squad
Name Rank Specialty Missions Kills
Benton Gale Rookie None 0 0
Deacon Palmer Rookie None 0 0
Poli Rules Rookie None 0 0
DJ Thomas Rookie None 0 0

We land in a parking lot of an industrial area where it is dark and eerily quiet. Gale and Palmer assume positions behind vehicles as we move up on a small warehouse, while Rules and Thomas sprint and take cover behind a retaining wall.

As Rules crossing the parking lot, she notices 2 aliens to the left and quickly ducks behind a truck and goes into over watch as she has no clear shot. Thomas takes a position behind a Car directly across from her and does the same. An alien moves up between cars, within range of Thomas who lobs a grenade over the hood of the Car the alien is hiding behind, but only wounds it. Rules moves to the front of the truck she is hiding behind and finishes the wounded alien off, while the second alien takes a long range shot at Thomas but misses.

As Gale and Palmer move up to attempt and out flank the second alien, Thomas takes a long range shot and blows out it’s chest. Two down and we now turn our attention to the warehouse.

Suddenly we spot two aliens through the windows of an office adjoining the warehouse and as one breaks through the glass, Gale gets off a shot and wounds it as it runs for cover, before missing a follow up shot. Thomas fires at the second alien through the window of the office but also misses as Rules and Palmer scramble for better cover.

The alien in the office attempts to move and is taken out by Palmer who was waiting on over watch, while his buddy in the parking lot misses a revenge shot on Gale, who returns fire and vaporizes it completing the mission with the entire team unscathed.

Summary
Operation Purple Mother - Success
Aliens killed: 4 – Excellent
Operatives lost: 0 – Excellent

Promotions:
Benton Gale – Squaddie, Heavy
Deacon Palmer – Squaddie, Assault
Poli Rules – Squaddie, Sniper
DJ Thomas – Squaddie, Support

A great start as all team members get a kill, earn squaddie rank and a different skill.

I will also take the liberty of adding Coffee Warlord, since no X-Com dynasty would be complete without multiple rounds of Coffee

Last edited by BYU 14 : 11-04-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Base operations

I order the research team to start work on Xeno Biology, then have engineering start production on 2 satellites and order 2 medikits.

Next order is to transfer an interceptor to North America in advance of launching a satellite there.

March 4th – 2015
We get news of abductions in Canada, Russia and India. All missions are moderate difficulty and panic level is 1 in all three areas. I elect to go to Russia for the 4 scientist pay out. We scramble a squad and load the Sky Ranger.

Name

Rank Specialty Missions Kills
Benton Gale Squaddie Heavy 1 1
Deacon Palmer Squaddie Assault 1 1
DJ Thomas Squaddie Support 1 1
Da Law Rookie None 0 0

All have Frag grenades except Thomas, who carries a Medikit.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
BYU 14
Coordinator

Operation Defiant Justice
Date: 03/04/2015

Squad
Benton Gale Squaddie Heavy 1 1
Deacon Palmer Squaddie Assault 1 1
DJ Thomas Squaddie Support 1 1
Da Law Rookie None 0 0

We set it down outside of a construction site and take positions just inside the gate With Palmer and Gale going left and setting up on overwatch, while Thomas and Law sprint to the right and take cover behind a dumpster. Almost immediately we detect activity in a dilapidated structure near the spot Palmer and Gale are set up. Palmer rises up and dispatches a sectoid as it moves to find cover, Gale fires at the other one and misses, blowing up some cinder blocks next to Palmer and earning a tongue lashing from his teammate.

Palmer then takes aim on the second sectoid as it scrambles to get behind a back hoe and vaporizes it. All hell breaks loose as Law moves up to a pile of girders and comes in contact with 4 more sectoids. The rookie wets himself and scrambles back to his original position, a wise move. Thomas moves to his right behind some pallets and fires at one of the newly discovered pests, taking it down. Gale moves forward and tries to take out the other sectoid near Thomas, but doesn’t have a clear shot and misses.

A sectoid from the rear and the one Gale just missed move forward and seek cover behind some girders with the former taking a shot at Gale and wounding him. He is in a bad spot and should retreat, but also has a rocket. After little thought he decides on a third option and wings a frag grenade in between them….Boom, one dies a gruesome death and the other is badly wounded and has no cover now. Thomas sneaks along the side of the dumpster and polishes that one off, but he is now in a vulnerable spot. Palmer and Law both move to try and set up protective fire for Thomas on overwatch should the sectoid in the rear move up.

As feared, the sectoid clips Thomas, wounding him slightly, Gale sprints to get closer, but will not have a shot, taking cover behind a shed. Palmer and Law ease up into more advantageous positions, but neither has a shot at what is hopefully the last alien and go to overwatch. Thomas has a shot, but I play it safe and order him to the rear to cover, where he reloads.

The sectoid takes the bait and reveals itself to go after Thomas, Law sees the shot and takes it dropping the slimy little bastard and securing the win for the good guys.

Summary
Operation Defiant Justice - Success
Aliens killed: 6 – Excellent

Artifacts recovered
Six sectoid corpses and 10 weapon fragments.

Promotions:
Da Law – Squaddie, Assault

Thomas and Palmer tally 2 kills, which Gale and Law getting 1 each. Gale will be out 6 days from his wounds, while Thomas is shelved for 7 days. Still no deaths and we secure 4 more scientists to assist with research! Panic increases in Asia and North America, but we are still fine in both areas, though Canada is now at a 3.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 11-04-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
BYU 14
Coordinator

Base operations
We are now able to build a laboratory, increasing research speed by 20%. Dr. Vahlen thanks me for the extra scientists, then proceeds to bitch about us suing explosives to take out aliens. Please, it’s not your ass on the line in a hot LZ, we will use what we need to, artifacts be damned.

March 5th, 2015
Our interceptor arrives in North America and will be ready when the satellite is finished.

March 7th, 2015
Research on Xeno Biology is complete and now Vahlen wants a live alien. She is really eager to put our lives in further peril from the safety of her lab. I order research on an Arc Thrower to capture a live one and we are also ready to build a containment facility when we have the cash.

March 13th, 2015
Research on the Arc Thrower is complete and I order research of alien materials to help improve our armor as the next project.

Gale and Thomas are both back to active duty.

March 14th, 2015
I knew the peace couldn’t last, a UFO is detected over Germany and I dispatch one of the Ravens to intercept it. Mission control erupts as the interceptor downs the UFO, sustaining only slight damage in the process. Life is detected and we scramble an assault team to investigate.

Benton Gale Squaddie Heavy 2 2
Poli Rules Squaddie Sniper 1 1
Coffee Warlord Rookie none 0 0
Da Law Squaddie Assault 1 1

Warlord gets the Medikit, while everyone else is given grenade as they climb aboard the Sky Ranger.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #11
MacroGuru
Coordinator

damnit boys...cover the medic better next time
Old 11-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #12
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
damnit boys...cover the medic better next time

Hey, I am just enjoying no deaths right now.....I am sure that is going to end in terrible fashion anytime...
Old 11-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #13
BYU 14
Coordinator

Operation First Stroke
Date: 03/14/2015
Objective: Locate downed UFO sweep and eliminate hostiles

Squad
Benton Gale Squaddie Heavy 2 2
Poli Rules Squaddie Sniper 1 1
Coffee Warlord Rookie none 0 0
Da Law Squaddie Assault 1 1

We land in a wooded remote area, with large gaps of open space between suitable cover, so we will be very patient on this mission. No action as we deploy from the Sky Ranger and take our initial positions.

We continue to move up cautiously and finally hear something just east of the wreckage. I would love to get Poli to high ground, but there is really none to be found as the crash is on the most elevated area around.

Finally after what seems like an eternity we hit the wreck and Law and CW get the first visual of a sectoid as they creep up on it. Law fires and misses, but Warlord follows up with a kill shot. A second sectoid takes off to the right of the crash and spot Gale, wounding him with laser blast. Gale retaliates and takes the sectoid out with a full auto blast of lead and with no other bogies in sight we advance on the craft.

Gale spots 2 sectoids west of the crash as we continue to close in, but they immediately scamper into the swamp upon detection, CW joins Gale behind an embankment and they wait. Sure enough an sectoid re-emerges and in an exchange of gunfire all Gale, CW and the alien all miss. Meanwhile Law moves up closer and spots an alien we have not seen before in the craft. The creature move and Poli lines it up in her sights and misses. Law lobs a grenade at it and wounds whatever it is, taking a piece of its cover away as well.

Gale and CW both miss their quarry again and it proves costly as the sectoid moves to a better angle and rips off a shot, nailing Gale in the head. Benton is dead before he hits the ground, never knowing what hit him, our first loss. Warlord is able to wound the sectoid that took Gale, but the little bastard returns fire, thankfully missing CW. Law spots the CW’s target and employs a run and gun strategy, flanking the sectoid and then putting him in the dirt, Gale is avenged.

Still one left to the west, so Law and Warlord head that way. As they approach the sectoid appears, CW fires and misses her reaction shot. The sectoid fires at Law and wounds him. Poli can’t get a shot, so maintains her position outside the door to the UFO on overwatch. Law has the sectoid flanked and shakes off his wound to return fire, placing a round in the aliens chest dropping it were it stands. Turns out that the unknown alien Law saw in the craft succumbed to its wounds from the grenade, so that wraps it up!

Summary
Operation First Stroke - Success
Aliens killed: 5 – Excellent
Operatives lost: 1 – Good

Artifacts recovered
Alien nav computer, 4 sectoid corpses, 12 elerium, 46 alien alloys, 8 weapon fragments, UFO flight computer, UFO flight controller (damaged) and a UFO power source (damaged). A good haul and we will probably get a fair price on the gray market for the alloys and damaged salvage we can’t research.

Promotions:
Coffee Warlord – Squaddie, Heavy

The spoils go to Law with 3 confirmed kills and Gale and Coffee Warlord with 1 apiece. This was not a sniper friendly mission, so Poli comes up empty, but struck a fine figure with her snipers rifle. Unfortunately we take one of our own home in a body bag, oh Benton Gale, we hardly knew ye. May your kin last longer than you did. Law sustains minor injuries and will be out for 9 days recovering.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #14
BYU 14
Coordinator

Current Roster and stats

Benton Gale II Rookie none 0 0
Deacon Palmer Squaddie Assault 2 3
Poli Rules Squaddie Sniper 2 1
DJ Thomas Squaddie Support 2 3
Da Law Squaddie Assault 2 4
Coffee Warlord Squaddie Heavy 1 1

Fallen Heros
Name Rank Deceased Missions Kills
Benton Gale Squaddie 3/14/2015 3 3

Still room for some more if anybody wants to die, er...fight for the future of mankind.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 11-04-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #15
BYU 14
Coordinator

Base operations

March 18th, 2015
Research is complete on alien materials, next up weapons fragments, which will take 5 days. The research on materials yields a nano-fiber vest, what will be an upgrade in armor. I go to the gray market and sell 40 alien alloys and the damaged UFO computer and power source, which are too damaged to research. The sale nets me 130 in credits.

Armed with this extra cash I purchase an arc thrower and 5 Nano-Fiber vests for our troops. I give 1 to Coffee Warlord and to Deacon Palmer, since they are the usually the front men in our missions.

No sooner do I get back to Mission control when we get word of more alien abductions in Egypt, China and Mexico. China and Mexico have a panic level of 2, to 1 for Egypt. Mexico is hard and gives a support Sergeant, while China is moderate and nets 4 engineers.

We are going to China and I send word to put the following crew together.

Palmer and Warlord sport the new vests under their body armor, Thomas has the medikit and Rules a grenade. Off we go!!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

Operation Devil’s Knife
Date: 03/18/2015

Squad

We touch down in some type of industrial complex and I immediately send Poli up the side of a building, where he spots 2 sectoids milling around by a stack of pallets. Warlord follows Poli’s directions and ducks behind a porta-pottie, firing at one of the intruders and missing. Thomas is right behind CW and unleashes on the same target, taking his head off. Two more sectoids appear, but neither gets a clean line of site on our team.

Poli takes aim from her vantage point on top of the building and scores a head shot on a sectoid, clean kill. CW peers out from behind the john and rips off a quick burst missing her target. Palmer races up and fires his shotgun at the same target and also misses, he is in the LOS of sectoids now, so he will need Thomas to save his ass right here. Thomas doesn’t have a shot, so he pops a smoke grenade in front of Palmer and CW. The diversion works and the sectoids fall back.

Poli has no shot, so she moves behind an AC unit on the edge of the building and hunkers down to get set for her next opportunity. Warlord, Palmer and Thomas all advance to the edge of the smoke and take cover, going to overwatch. The aliens stay put and as the smoke clears we have the advantage.

Poli has no shot and goes to overwatch, but knowing where the aliens are huddles, Coffee Warlord queues up a rocket and takes both of them out as they evaporate in a scintillating explosion, Vahlen can kiss my ass with her no explosives request. Thomas and Palmer move up slightly, find cover and wait.

As we advance, Palmer and Thomas spot two more sectoids, but both miss their reaction shots. The aliens are startled and pull back to cover. Poli advances to try and get a better vantage point from atop some containers. Warlord hurdles a box and gets off a shot, missing again. He apparently has a rocket because he can’t hit an elephant’s ass with his gun. Joining the trend Palmer and Thomas miss as well. One of the aliens moves up and drills Thomas, who is hurt badly and pulls back to tend to his own wounds.

Still no shot for Poli, so I bring her down and she gets off a pistol shot, nicking one of the aliens, while CW reloads. Palmer runs to where CW is, but forgets to gun, now our advantage belongs to the aliens and it looks like it is about to get ugly. Instead, the aliens mind meld and one moves up and takes cover going to overwatch. We are spared.

Poli goes back to the sniper rifle, but misses the front line alien, who also avoids Warlord’s errant shot. Palmer goes to run and gun, somehow manages to avoid being hit by the alien on over watch (another tactical mistake, ugh) and then tears the aliens heart out of its chest with a well placed shotgun blast from point blank range. His wounds mended, Thomas moves back up and goes to overwatch, drilling the final sectoid as it tries to maneuver to a better position. Another flawless mission!

Summary
Operation Devils Knife - Success

Artifacts recovered
6 sectoid corpses and 8 weapons fragments.

Promotions:
Deacon Palmer – Corporal, learns tactical sense (+5 defense per alien in sight)
DJ Thomas – Corporal, learns sprinter (+3 to movement per turn)

Thomas, despite his egregious wounds bags 2 aliens as does Coffee Warlord thanks to the magic of rockets. Deacon Palmer and Poli Rules snuff 1 alien each to complete the kill board. Thomas will be out 13 days recovering, but the pain should be lessened by his promotion. We collect 4 engineers and panic reduced by 1 in China, while increasing by 1 in North America and Africa.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #17
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Damn rights!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #18
BYU 14
Coordinator

Base operations
When we get back I am informed we have the capability to build a Workshop, which will increase our production. Now I just need money!!

March 21st, 2015
Satellite production is complete, I launch it to North America, where it will cover the USA. Mexico and Canada are both at panic level 4, I will have to focus on those countries if they come up for missions, hopefully not at the same time. I sell 5 more alien alloys to scrape together enough case for another medikit. Sucks to be poor.

March 22nd, 2015
Research is complete on alien weapon fragments, we can now produce scopes. Next up for the research team sectoid autopsy.

March 26th, 2015
We are summoned to the situation room by the council. A plot has been discovered to disrupt transportation in South Africa. We would receive a much needed 196 credits if successful.

I call up our assault team. CW and Law will have Nano-Fiber vests, Gale II a Medikit and Poli has a Frag Grenade. Into the fire we go….

Coffee Warlord Squaddie Heavy 2 3
Poli Rules Squaddie Sniper 3 2
Old 11-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #19
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

C'mon Coffee Warlord Combat Unit Model H24 Revision 1! R&D invested a lot of time into your unit.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #20
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
C'mon Coffee Warlord Combat Unit Model H24 Revision 1! R&D invested a lot of time into your unit.

You will be quite proud of this version
Old 11-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #21
BYU 14
Coordinator

Operation Lone Thunder
Date: 03/26/2015
Objective: Deactivate Bomb and prevent reactivation

Squad
Coffee Warlord Squaddie Heavy 2 3
Poli Rules Squaddie Sniper 3 2

Upon landing we are fully briefed and have limited time to deactivate the bomb, though we can extend it by locating the power nodes used to charge it and destroying them. This is already less than thrilling.

We send the rookie Gale towards the first activation chamber and he spots a thin man, who scampers for cover. Gale gets off a shot and wounds him. Warlord also has a shot and to everyone’s surprise misses…The thin man advances, evades an overview shot by Law and then hits Law and Poli with poison gas…Bad.

Poli gets out of the poison field and goes next to Gale for help, bur Gale ignores her and deactivates the first power node before going to overwatch. CW goes after the thin man, shoots and SCORES, her first non-rocket kill in ages, champagne later. Gale is doing work and deactivates a second node. Poli and Law are both suffering the effects of the poison, but will soldier on hoping it wears off.

A second sectoid appears as CW deactivates the 3rd node, we are holding steady on the clock for now. Poli spots the sectoid hiding behind a tanker and goes for a head shot, just missing. Things are getting desperate as the sectoid repositions and wounds Law. The bastard has us pinned and we need to gamble to get more time.

Law rises up and sends the little greenie harassing us to hell. Poli moves towards another node and spots the Bomb, it is now a matter of luck if we can get to it in time. The rookie comes through again, deactivating another node, but an alien spots him as he does so. Gale is in the open and we have to act. Warlord goes for broke, but can’t get a site on the alien, who then pops out and misses her. A close call for CW as she is also without cover.

We need to get to another node as we cannot reach the bomb this turn, so CW does the only sensible thing and takes out the sectoid with her rocket, with the bomb just out of the blast circle….a bit too close on that one. Law sprints up and spots another sectoid, already badly hurt he is on a bad position. Poli moves up to provide overwatch fire with her pistol, while Gale gets yet another node deactivated.

The sectoid pops out, Poli misses it and the bastard lines up Law and fires killing him….Dammit!!! Poli lines the murdering alien up and misses a head shot, argh. Gale then has to scramble to disarm another node, while CW makes a mad dash for the bomb, getting close enough to disarm it next turn, but she is totally vulnerable.

The alien creeps closer to Poli, fires and misses. Poli returns fire and this time puts a round through its chest, killing it. As Gale moves to provide cover, CW sprints for the bomb and disarms it. We think we are home free, but command indicates a new wave is now coming and they are pissed!! Two thin men pop down and Gale takes a reaction shot on one, but misses. We are going to be in a firefight here.

Poli looks to get into an advantageous spot, while Gale lines up the first thin man and blows him off the top of a box car for his first kill. CW draws a dead on the second thin man and plasters it!! Coffee Warlord has found her stroke!!

Summary
Operation Lone Thunder - Success
Operatives lost: 1 – Good
Bomb disarmed

Artifacts recovered
3 sectoid corpses, 3 thin man corpses and 10 weapon fragments. We can now conduct a thin man autopsy as well.

Promotions:
Poli Rules – Corporal, trains in squad sight to allow firing at any target in allies sight radius.
Benton Gale II – Squaddie, sniper.
Coffee Warlord – Corporal, trains in holo-targeting which gives +10 aim to any allies attacking an enemy she fires at or has suppressed.

We carry another body home, though Law takes one with him. Poli and Gale II both add kills as well, but Coffee Warlord is the hero taking out 3 aliens, two at pivotal points in the mission. No more jokes about her poor rifle skills! Poli will be out 6 days with her wounds and will spend the time celebrating her promotion and mourning the loss of her friend Da Law. We gain a much needed 196 credits and keep panic down as a result of our success.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #22
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Sterling Silvers, master of incurring injury, shall also make an appearance here

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #23
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Sterling Silvers, master of incurring injury, shall also make an appearance here

SI

Welcome, may your stay be long and your body temperature stay at 98.6 and above

Here is our current lineup with the addition of Sterling.

Active FOFC Roster
Benton Gale II Squaddie Sniper 1 1
Deacon Palmer Corporal Assault 3 4
Poli Rules Corporal Sniper 4 3
DJ Thomas Corporal Support 3 5
Da Law II Rookie none 0 0
Coffee Warlord Corporal Heavy 3 6
Kid Kodos Rookie none 0 0
Sterling Silvers Rookie none 0 0
Fallen Heros
Da Law Squaddie 3/26/2015 3 5
Old 11-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #24
BYU 14
Coordinator

Base operations
With our nice little chunk of change I immediately start construction on an alien containment facility and a power generator, which run our credit balance down to 52. I also order 2 scopes and a medikit, leaving us broke again.

March 27th. 2015
Sectoid autopsy is complete, which allows us to build uplink targeting aim. Next research project is the mysterious Thin Man, so I order an autopsy.

March 31st, 2015
Thin Man autopsy (code name Viperus) is complete and the feeling is the toxin found can be used to treat injuries in the field. Next up is experimental warfare which will take 7 days. I need salvage to complete some other research, so I will hopefully go on a mission with recoverable alloys soon. Power generator is also complete and next I will add an access lift and lab, when I get the funds.

Council Report – April 2015

Grade – A

Monthly Rewards
Credits – 455
Scientists – 3
Engineers – 1

Panic Levels
USA, Argentina, Brazil, United Kingdom, France, Russia, Germany, China, South Africa = 1
Japan, Australia and Nigeria = 2
Egypt and India = 3
Canada and Mexico = 4

The council is extremely impressed and indicates performance is beyond expectations currently. Let’s hope we can maintain that.

April 2nd, 2015
Alien containment facility is complete, time to capture an alien!! Next up I drop credits on a on a new satellite, which also requires a satellite uplink. With our first floor now maxed I also order construction on an access lift. Leaves us with 62 credits.

April 3rd, 2015
Finally some action, a small UFO has landed in the United States, time to scramble an assault team. With it being a small scout class I decide to get a couple of our rookies some combat time. Up on deck.....

Assault Team Rank Specialty Missions Kills Gear
DJ Thomas Corporal Support 3 5 Medikit
Deacon Palmer Corporal Assault 3 4 Nano-Fiber vest
Kid Kodos Rookie none 0 0 Arc Thrower
Sterling Silvers Rookie none 0 0 Grenade

Last edited by BYU 14 : 11-05-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #25
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
You will be quite proud of this version

R&D is quite pleased at the big bonus they got for the success of this line.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #26
kingfc22
Head Coach

David Gonzalez reporting for slaughter
Old 11-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #27
BYU 14
Coordinator

Operation Fading Gift
Date: 04/03/2015
Objective: Capture a live alien

Squad
DJ Thomas Corporal Support 3 5 Medikit
Deacon Palmer Corporal Assault 3 4 Nano-Fiber vest
Kid Kodos Rookie none 0 0 Grenade
Sterling Silvers Rookie none 0 0 Grenade

We land in a friggin shallow river and deploy in cold knee deep wetness. I send Kodos and Thomas down the left flank, Silvers to the right and Palmer in the middle. Silvers makes first contact and spot three thin men, who promptly scramble to the west for cover. I don’t like his isolated position, put Silvers opts to take a shot missing. Palmer moves up and catches sight of them as well, missing with a shotgun blast.

The thin men look to counter attack, sending one towards Sterling Silvers. Thomas takes a reaction shot, but misses. The thin man then takes a shot at Silvers but misses. The other two launch poison and both Silvers and Palmer are hit, damn thin men!! Silvers panics a bit and tosses a grenade, but it explodes without doing damage. Thomas lays down some smoke and Palmer moves out of the poison cloud, lines the thin man closest to our position up and takes him out. Kodos advances down the left and runs into three sectoids, crap, too early for this, so he promptly turns around and retreats to his initial position. Now we know what we are facing though.

Holy shit, three floaters appear and join the fray, this is bad!!! The smoke helps as the sectoids cannot get a shot, one thin man goes on overwatch and the other goes after Silvers, missing again. Kodos lines up a floater, but misses and Silvers, feeling the heat retreats. Thomas has 5 hostiles in his line of sight and has a floater flanked but misses it, this is really bad now. Deacon Palmer retreats and evades a thin mans laser shots. Here comes the onslaught.

A sectoid misses Thomas and Palmer, but blows away chunks of their cover. A thin man wounds Thomas and a floater follows up and takes him out, causing Palmer to panic and unleash a fusillade of bullets in the aliens general direction. The third floater takes to the sky and lands behind Silvers, causing him to panic as well.

We appear to be screwed as Kodos makes it a fight and takes out a sectoid. Silvers is still panicked still, so Palmer wheels around and fires on the floater behind us, taking him out in a glorious explosion. The aliens continue to close us down, but the thin men miss Silvers and Palmer respectively, Silvers is definitely leading a charmed life this mission. The floaters are a bit more dangerous however, as Kodos can attest as his chest explodes in a mass blood and plasma. The second takes off and lands behind Silvers again.

Silvers runs at the floater, blasts it, but it doesn’t die, he wet’s his pants and lets out a shriek. Palmer knows he was to take out the floater or the rookie is screwed. He goes to run and gun, sprints up to the floater and annihilates it. Now we must survive another push. One thin man clips Palmer and the second misses, luckily nobody else attacks. We have got to take these two out.

Silvers, having regained composure coolly lines up the closest thin man and sends him off to the big sleep. Palmer has to reload, so he moves away from Silvers behind a fallen tree and loads another clip, crossing his fingers. The lone surviving thin man suddenly retreats toward the craft, but a single sectoid is spotted coming around to flank us. Silvers needs to reload, but can’t do it safely where he is, so he sprints into some trees to wait, while Palmer goes into overwatch and hopes to catch an advancing alien by surprise.

The little bastard trying to flank us leaves cover, but Palmer misses, the sectoid returns and misses as well, bullet dodged there. Now it’s Deacons turn as he charges right up to the sectoid and splatters his green ass all over the river bed. Silvers moves back behind a log and reloads. Palmer was unable to get cover on his dash and is taken out at distance by a sectoid, dammit!!! It’s now down to a rookie against three. Silvers goes into overwatch and waits.

A cat and mouse game ensues, with Silvers sneaking down the right flank and staying on overwatch. Finally a floater appears, Silvers fires and misses, the floater turns and retreats without returning fire. Silvers is now right on top of the craft and misses a thin man as he exits. The alien dives for cover and does not return fire, so Silvers lines him up again and misses. The thin man runs, I wonder if this is a trap.

Silvers decides to pursue and as he comes around to the side he spots a fourth type of alien in the craft. After a brief standoff a thin man races out and the life form in the craft fires and misses. The thin man must be out of ammo, but Silvers is taking no chances, he fires and misses. If the thin man has ammo he is done, he does have ammo but misses, tearing up a tree behind Silvers. The other creature does not however and Silvers dies in a hail of plasma fire, his luck run dry at last. The mission is a disaster!!

Summary
Operation Fading Gift - Failed
Aliens killed: 6 – Poor
Operatives lost: 4 – Terrible

Artifacts recovered
None

Promotions:
None

A yeoman like effort by Palmer, who nets 4 kills is wasted, as is the heroic dash of Silvers, who did get a kill and will go down in X-Com lore for his efforts. Kodos gets the other kill, but it does not offset the fact we lost 2 experienced men and in the end do nothing but add four names to the hall of fallen heros. This will not make the council happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
David Gonzalez reporting for slaughter

How apt that you apply right after this mission, you may get your wish

Welcome aboard!

This mission went over an hour and it is the reason I love X-Com. just when I thought I was the shit, rolling through mission after mission this one jumped up and kicked me right in the face. It was agonizing trying to salvage at the end with just one rookie left. Well, it looks like Coffee Warlord and Poli are the top dogs now and must lead us to avenge the fallen!!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #28
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

put us back in!!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #29
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Luck not good enough

Respawn

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #30
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Respawn DJ!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #31
Grover
Pro Starter

Feel free to throw Shane Sexton into the fray at any point.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #32
BYU 14
Coordinator

Base operations
Sad times at the base as we tip a 40 for those lost. New soldier hire requests have been sent out, but for now only 3 operatives remain with combat experience, the last thing we need now is a mission, but on April 4th the call comes in, abductions are underway.

Sapporo, Japan – Moderate, 200 credits, panic level 2
Port Elizabeth, South Africa – Easy, Heavy Sergeant, panic level 1
Montreal, Canada – Really difficult, 4 scientists, panic level 4

I really should go to Canada, but we are in no condition for that, so I elect Sapporo as I am sure I will get a promotion to sergeant and South Africa is only a 1.

Operation Dark Savior
Date: 04/04/2015
Objective: Sweep and neutralize hostiles

Coffee Warlord Corporal Heavy 3 6 Nano-Fiber vest
Poli Rules Corporal Sniper 4 3 Scope
Benton Gale II Squaddie Sniper 1 1 Scope
Da Law II Rookie none 0 0 Medikit

What an aptly named mission as we touch down with heavy hearts in a dark, windy metropolitan area, as lightning crashes in the distance. We take positions on a train platform, get organized and prepare to sweep.

As move slowly along the platform, setting up defensive fields of fire with overwatch as we go. Da Law II sprints ahead and spots two floaters, the big boys are here now. Coffee Warlord rips off a reaction shot at one and misses, the floater fires back and hits Law, wounding him. The second floater moves and Poli is on point, zoning in with our new scope, she takes it down from distance. Law heals himself and we prepare to push on.

Warlord pops out and opens up on full auto, shredding the second floater, off to a good start. Two thin men come into view through the train windows moving along the tracks. We will be flanked if we don’t reposition, so we move to get set up near the train windows, while still maintaining cover in front of us. Poli moves near a train door and spots a thin man, wounding it with a pistol shot. Gale moves next to the other side of the door for support. Law joins them by the train and hits the other thin man, wounding it as well.

One of the thin men tries to get a better angle to go after Law, but Coffee Warlord is ready on overwatch and drops it in a hail of bullets. Law moves into the train as the other thin man vanishes in the darkness. The rest of the squad goes to overwatch, knowing they have to stay on high alert. The second thin man reappears and CW is ready again, sending it to alien hell with a well placed barrage.

Gale and Law move through the train and prepare to inch forward along the tracks, while Coffee Warlord and Poli move along inside the train to set up a pincher like offensive. Suddenly from the front of the train, two sectoids appear and Coffee Warlord is Joanie on the spot again, unleashing a torrid burst of lead that eliminates one. As we move in to close the alien down, Warlord gets over excited and fires her rocket, missing for the love of god. Poli, who has just sprinted to CW’s position kicks her in the ass for her reckless behavior, CW only smiles.

The sectoid moves up and goes to overwatch mode, but it is in a bad place right now. Warlord takes aim and misses, but Law, inching up from down the tracks near the wall does not. A well placed burst finishes the job and we are back on track!

Summary
Operation Dark Savior - Success

Artifacts recovered
2 sectoid corpses, 2 floater corpses, 2 thin man corpses, 12 weapon fragments. We are now able to conduct a floater autopsy.

Promotions:
Coffee Warlord – Sergeant, trains in suppression, causing a -30 aim penalty for the target. She is also given the nickname ‘Sister Sledge’ by her teammates.
Poli Rules – Sergeant, trains in damn good ground, getting a +10 aim and +10 defense against enemies at a lower elevation. She is nicknamed ‘Hex’ by the crew.
Da Law II – Squaddie, assault gaining run and gun.

A big night for Coffee Warlord as she bags four of the evil suckers, with none of them dying by rocket which is a first. Poli and rookie Da Law II each take a scalp of their own as we skate through unscathed, thanks to a much more patient approach. Da Law II is going to be out 7 days from wounds sustained in battle.

On the way back we get word that mass hysteria has gripped both Canada and Mexico and we could lose both. I will have to make sure we rectify this before the next council meeting somehow. We just need to get more experience after the debacle in the US. In addition panic also increases in Africa, while decreasing in Japan, which rewards us with 200 credits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Feel free to throw Shane Sexton into the fray at any point.

Shane Sexton is in and in transit to the base. All respawns in and back on track after our foray to Japan rejuvenates the team. Still bummed about the USA mission though, who the hell new 10 aliens could fit into a small scout craft, sneaky bastards

I can unlock officer training school now though, 5 soldiers a mission, woohoo.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #33
BYU 14
Coordinator

Current roster, will have to get our rookies up to speed fast!!!

Active FOFC Roster
Benton Gale II Squaddie Sniper 2 1
Deacon Palmer II Rookie none 0 0
Poli Rules Sergeant Sniper 5 4
DJ Thomas II Rookie none 0 0
Da Law II Squaddie Assault 1 1
Coffee Warlord Sergeant Heavy 4 10
Kid Kodos II Rookie none 0 0
Sterling Silvers II Rookie none 0 0
David Gonzalez Rookie none 0 0
Shane Sexton Rookie none 0 0
Hall of Fallen Heros
Deacon Palmer Corporal 4/3/2015 4 8
DJ Thomas Corporal 4/3/2015 4 5
Kid Kodos Rookie 4/3/2015 1 1
Sterling Silvers Rookie 4/3/2015 1 1
Old 11-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #34
BYU 14
Coordinator

Base operations

April5th. 2015
Experimental warfare research complete, which gets us foundry and phoenix cannon availability. So much to build, so little time. Next up is floater autopsy, eager to see what makes these guys tick. Also order a couple of uplink targeting devices for our interceptors.

April 8th, 2015
Access lift is complete and I begin excavation on both sides of it to add some needed upgrades to the base. Our new soldiers arrive as well and we will be careful not to take more than one rookie out at a time if at all possible.

April 9th, 2015
Floater autopsy is done and we learn how to manufacture defense matrix, which allows evasive action during intercept.

April 3rd, 2015
Finally some action, a small UFO has landed in the United States, time to scramble an assault team. With it being a small scout class I decide to get a couple of our rookies some combat time. Up on deck.

April 13th, 2015
South Africa requests two sectoid corpses and we oblige, earning 20 credits for our contribution. I also purchase the Officers Training School upgrade, allowing 5 soldiers to be dispatched on missions.

April 15th, 2015
A UFO is sighted over Germany and we dispatch an interceptor. After a brutal fight, both the UFO and our interceptor are lost. We dispatch a team to the crash site, with a much more cautious approach in mind this time!!

Coffee Warlord Sergeant Heavy 4 10 Nano-Fiber vest
Benton Gale II Squaddie Sniper 2 1 Scope
Da Law II Squaddie Assault 1 1 Nano-Fiber vest
Sterling Silvers II Rookie none 0 0 Frag Grenade
David Gonzalez Rookie none 0 0 Medikit
Old 11-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #35
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Kills. Bugs. Dead.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #36
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

If you add newbies still here's one:

Name: Fox McCloud
Male
Iron Man
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #37
BYU 14
Coordinator

Operation Patient Dream
Date: 04/15/2015
Objective: Locate crash site and neutralize hostiles

Coffee Warlord Sergeant Heavy 4 10 Nano-Fiber vest
Benton Gale II Squaddie Sniper 2 1 Scope
Da Law II Squaddie Assault 1 1 Nano-Fiber vest
Sterling Silvers II Rookie none 0 0 Frag Grenade
David Gonzalez Rookie none 0 0 Medikit

Obviously whoever makes up the names for these missions has never been on one as this will be anything but a friggin dream!! We land in a wooded area near the German border and notice a burning tree to the northwest, looks like a good direction to head.

Coffee Warlord moves towards the tree and three floaters come into view. She immediately takes cover and suppresses the lead one. David Gonzalez moves up to a tree and wounds the floater under suppression fire. Benton Gale moves to the left of CW and takes a shot at the same floater with his pistol, bang, dead!! Law and Silvers both advance and neither has a shot, so they go on overwatch in anticipation of the upcoming charge.

One of the floaters takes a shot at Law and misses, while the other launches itself and lands just to the left of Coffee Warlord and Gale, avoiding a reaction shot from Law as it goes. Thinking this is a bad move for the alien as Gale shoulders his sniper rifle and dispatches the baddie blowing a hole through its chest. Law pulls back and everyone else goes to overwatch as we wait to see what the last floater will do.

It stays put, so Law and Silvers move up to try and bait it out as everyone else grips their weapons and waits for movement. The floater isn’t biting, so we will have to go get it. Warlord opens up with suppression fire as Gonzalez and Law move up to try and get a shot. Gonzalez misses, Law does not as the floater succumbs to a shotgun blast.

It gets eerily quiet, then we hear some noises coming from the west and slowly move to investigate, making sure we have at least 3 team members in cover mode. Finally as we crest a small hill we spot three thin men. The terrain does not favor us so we pull back, with only Silvers taking a shot and missing. They charge forward, the first misses Silvers, but starts a camp fire. The second flanks CW and wounds her, crap, we cannot lose her. The third comes forward as well as poisons Silvers.

Time to act now! Silvers moves out of the poison cloud and frags the thin man that has Warlord flanked, up in small pieces it goes. Gonzalez moves over and treats CW’s wounds, staunching the flow of blood. Law goes all John Wayne and rushes the thin man to our left and assassinates it, getting himself poisoned in the process, big dummy. Feeling renewed, CW knows she has to cover Laws ass and moves up to lay down suppression fire.

Warlords actions prevent the third thin man from getting off any shots, we just have to take advantage now. Warlord pulls back to reload and Gonzalez comes forward, opening up on full auto on the third alien, as it takes its last breath it grows quiet again.

The craft is to the north, so that is where we head, moving very slowly. It takes a painstakingly long time to reach the craft, but finally Gonzalez breaches the door. We enter the craft and move up to two internal doors. There is definitely something behind them and the tension mounts. We open the interior doors on both sides, one leads to an engine room and Gonzalez and Warlord move into it. The other leads to another door, so the remaining three soldiers head that way.

This ship is bigger inside than it looks outside and we finally get to what looks like a bridge, with doors on both sides. Law opens one and at last we see our quarry, a strange predator looking being. Law, sick of the pace goes John Wayne again and rushes the creature, flanking it as it crouches behind a control panel and taking it’s head off. We are done!

Summary
Operation Patient Dream - Success
Aliens killed: 7 – Excellent

Artifacts recovered
3 floater corpses, 3 thin man corpses, 38 elerium, 95 alien alloys, 12 weapon fragments, 2 UFO flight computers, 1 UFO power source, 2 damaged UFO flight computers and 1 damaged UFO power source. We can now research UFO power source, which could lead to some exciting breakthroughs.

Promotions:
Benton Gale II – Corporal, trains in squad sight, which allows a shot at any target in an allies sight radius.
David Gonzalez – Squaddie, support which gets him smoke.
Sterling Silvers II – Squaddie, sniper which gets him headshot.

It is the Da Law show as he fights like a man possessed, carrying a picture of his fallen relative and making the aliens pay to the tune of 3 kills. Benton Gale II hones his sniping skills picking off 2 more, with Silvers and Gonzalez taking out 1 each. Coffee Warlord does not get on the tally board, but her efforts in pinning the aliens down with suppression fire were invaluable early in the mission. We crank up Motley Crue in the Sky Ranger and head to “Home sweet, hommmmme.”

Sergeant Warlord will be out 6 days with her wounds, while Sterling Silvers II will be on the shelf for 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
If you add newbies still here's one:

Name: Fox McCloud
Male
Iron Man

You're in buddy, expect your first action soon.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #38
BYU 14
Coordinator

Base operations
Once back I order research on Carapace armor. It was a tough choice between that and beam weapons, but I value keeping our soldiers alive over firepower right now. I also start construction on a workshop and order one more scope, since sniper seems to be the profession of choice these days. I also sell the damaged flight computers and power source, pulling in 70 credits.

April 17th. 2015
Satellite uplink is complete, which gives me capability to launch two more satellites. I also order excavation on another part of the base in order to expand and start work on another lift.

April 18th, 2015
All hell has broken loose in Mexico as the aliens have launched a full scale attack in Chihuahua. The mission is graded as very difficult and Mexico is at a 5 panic level. This is not going to be pretty……or fun.

I put a team together, knowing I will probably never see some of them again. And Coffee Warlord is still on the shelf, I could have really used her this mission.

Poli Rules Sergeant Sniper 5 4 Scope
Benton Gale II Corporal Sniper 3 3 Scope
Da Law II Squaddie Assault 2 4 Nano-Fiber vest
David Gonzalez Squaddie Support 1 1 Medikit
Shane Sexton Rookie none 0 0 Grenade
Old 11-07-2012, 02:53 AM   #39
law90026
College Benchwarmer

That's how Da Law gets it done, by channelling John Wayne!
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #40
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

When Da Law goes down. Is that "Breakin Da Law, Breakin Da Law!"
Old 11-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #41
BYU 14
Coordinator

Operation Unceasing Heat
Date: 04/18/2015
Objective: Evacuate civilians and neutralize hostiles

Poli Rules Sergeant Sniper 5 4 Scope
Benton Gale II Corporal Sniper 3 3 Scope
Da Law II Squaddie Assault 2 4 Nano-Fiber vest
David Gonzalez Squaddie Support 1 1 Medikit
Shane Sexton Rookie none 0 0 Grenade

We touch down amid chaos, with flaming debris everywhere. We do not have a lot of time, but we cannot get reckless either. Surveying the site we head west.

As we move up Law spots chryssalids, shit!! Gonzalez gets off a reaction shot and wounds one. Sexton move up and makes early use of his grenade, both are n the blast zone, but both still standing…Oh no. Poli has to get it done but misses a clean shot, about the worst thing that could happen!! They split up and one goes after Law, wounding him and poisoning him, while the other disembowels a civilian.

Gonzalez moves to heal Law as Gale rises up and picks off the offending chryssalid, granting us a temporary reprieve. We have to get that other one taken care of and Sexton moves to try and get an angle, bad luck as 4 floaters appear and he quickly retreats. Playing it safe Law goes to overwatch. The chryssalid goes after another civilian, taking a shotgun blast from Law, but not dropping. Another civilian dies and the first one becomes a zombie….This just gets better and better.

Gonzalez misses the chryssalid, but Gale takes it out with a well placed round. Law goes on overwatch and Poli and Sexton both hit the zombie, but it remains standing. Law finishes it off as it advances and another one spawns from the last civilian killed and comes at us as the floaters move onto a rooftop.

The zombie is first priority, but wary of the floaters Gonzalez lays down some smoke. Gale is in the rear still, so he lines up a floater and scores a clean kill, his third. Sexton then wounds the zombie and Law finishes it off, now to the floaters. Poli goes for the second one on the roof and obliterates it with a head shot, our bullets are flying true. The third floater launches and lands behind Gale, bad move but Gale freaks and runs behind a car, going to overwatch with his pistol.

The Law sees a possible situation for Gale and it is John Wayne time yet again as he sprints and polishes the floater off with a close range shotgun blast. We need to regroup and load our weapons now before the next wave. Another floater appears however and comes at us, Sexton misses a reaction shot, Gonzalez tags it, but it is still up. The sonofabitch stops, turns and zeros on a civilian, killing him. Gale misses the floater, Poli does not. As the last floater falls it grows quiet……There are no more hostiles and we have done it!!! An overwhelming success!!

Summary
Operation Unceasing Heat - Success
Aliens killed: 8 – Excellent
Civilians saved : 15/18 - Excellent
Artifacts recovered
4 floater corpses, 2 chryssalid corpses, 8 weapon fragments and the ability to do an autopsy on a chryssalid.

Promotions:
Poli Rules – Lieutenant, trains in battle scanner, granting a vision source from point of landing for 2 turns.
Benton Gale II – Sergeant, trains in gun slinger, granting a + 2 bonus to pistol damage. He is also given the nickname ‘Lockdown’ by the team.
David Gonzalez – Corporal, trains in covering fire, allowing reaction shots when an enemy fires.
Da Law II – Corporal, trains in aggression (what else) gaining +10 critical chance per enemy in sight. (+30 max)
Shane Sexton – Squaddie, sniper learning headshot. Damn we are sniper heavy!

Gale and Law go big again with 3 confirmed kills each, while Poli gets 2. Gonzalez provides some vital support functions and Sexton, though not on the tally sheet performs well under pressure. Panic in Mexico has decreased by 4 and a general decrease has occurred throughout North America. We really needed this!!

Gonzalez will be out 16 days with his wounds, while Law will be laid up for 18 days, getting some well earned rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
When Da Law goes down. Is that "Breakin Da Law, Breakin Da Law!"

More like, "Aliens fought Da Law, and Da Law won"

Last edited by BYU 14 : 11-07-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #42
BYU 14
Coordinator

Current Roster as of 04/15/2015 after the Mexico terror mission, no losses in two weeks, woohoo.

Active FOFC Roster
Benton Gale II Sergeant Sniper 4 6
Deacon Palmer II Rookie none 0 0
Poli Rules Lieutenant Sniper 6 6
DJ Thomas II Rookie none 0 0
Da Law II Corporal Assault 3 7
Coffee Warlord Sergeant Heavy 5 10
Kid Kodos II Rookie none 0 0
Sterling Silvers II Squaddie Sniper 1 1
David Gonzalez Corporal Support 1 1
Shane Sexton Squaddie Sniper 1 0
Fox McCloud Rookie none 0 0
Hall of Fallen Heros
Deacon Palmer Corporal 4/3/2015 4 8
DJ Thomas Corporal 4/3/2015 4 5
Kid Kodos Rookie 4/3/2015 1 1
Sterling Silvers Rookie 4/3/2015 1 1
Old 11-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #43
BYU 14
Coordinator

Base operations

April 22nd, 2015
Access lift to level 3 is complete, with a good report from the council at month’s end I can get some more construction started and build a new interceptor.

Before I get too deep into my planning a new series of abduction alerts hit the screen.

Australia – Panic level 2, difficult, Sergeant sniper
Brazil – Panic level 1, moderate, 4 scientists
Russia – Panic level 1, moderate, 4 engineers

I decide to go with Russia for the engineers, plus it will give me a chance to take 3 rookies out, which I would not dare do with Australia. Plus, I have enough snipers.

Operation Devil’s Tears
Date: 04/22/2015

Coffee Warlord Sergeant Heavy 5 10 Nano-Fiber vest
Benton Gale II Sergeant Sniper 4 6 Scope
Kid Kodos II Rookie none 0 0 Arc Thrower
DJ Thomas II Rookie none 0 0 Medikit
Fox McCloud Rookie none 0 0 Grenade

We set down in a business area and set off on the hunt, hoping our veterans will keep the rookies alive. Kodos and Gale sprint for a nearby building as Gale notice rooftop access, everyone else finds cover and goes to overwatch.

We hear noise from a large building just east and with Gale across the alley atop another structure we take up positions. Suddenly too thin men burst through a door. There is a barrage of fire and 1 goes down, it looks to be Kodos that finishes it, but it is hard to tell in the mayhem.

Kodos turns and fires into the warehouse where two sectoids have appeared missing them. McCloud turns to fire at a thin man that has flanked him and puts him to sleep. Coffee Warlord, poisoned by the first dead thin man is not in the mood to play and unleashes a rocket into the building, two sectoids dead.

Thomas moves to heal Coffee Warlord and we reposition waiting for the next wave. We detect noise in the building behind us and redirect. Once in position Kodos opens a door and two floaters appear. Kodos fires, but misses as McCloud steps up and lobs a grenade in wounding both of them. CW goes in an adjacent door and will attempt to move to a flanking position inside the building.

Incredibly a floater comes out through the door and right into Gales sights, but before he can fire, Kodos stuns the alien with the Arc Thrower and we have a POW! McCloud takes aim at the last floater and dispatches it with a short burst, mission over.

Summary
Operation Devil’s Tears - Success
Aliens killed: 5 (captured 1) – Excellent

Artifacts recovered
2 sectoid corpses, 2 thin man corpses, 1 floater corpse, 1 floater captive, 1 light plasma rifle and 6 weapon fragments. Our live capture is a boon as we can now research the plasma rifle and interrogate the floater.

Promotions:
Benton Gale II – Lieutenant, trains in disabling shot, which causes the targets weapon to malfunction.
Coffee Warlord – Lieutenant, trains in rapid reaction, conferring a second reaction shot on overwatch if the first one hits.
Fox McCloud – Squaddie, support gaining smoke grenade
Kid Kodos II – Squaddie, support gaining smoke grenade

Coffee Warlord gets right back into the thick of it, extending his team leading kill count to 12 with 2 on the mission. Rookie McCloud nabs 2 as well, while Kodos nets a kill and a capture. The beautiful part is nobody is injured and we build some experience with the rookies. Now we just need to get Deacon Palmer II out and everyone on board will have combat experience.

We gain 4 engineers at the cost of increased panic in South America and Asia.

BTW - This damn game is addictive
Old 11-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #44
BYU 14
Coordinator

Base operations

April 23rd, 2015
We launch our third satellite sending it to Australia, though we need to get an interceptor there as well. I have neglected this part of the operation and need to get one in production ASAP.

April 25th, 2015
Our workshop is completed, which will boost production, but with no credits in the coffers there is nothing else to build at this point.

April 27th, 2015
Egypt requests a satellite and I launch one of the 2 I have left in storage and claim a 200 credit reward. Again, no interceptor to send there, but I also gain an engineer in the deal.

I also complete research on Carapace armor, this offers a substantial increase in survivability vs. regular body armor and I immediately use the cash from Egypt to order 5 sets use on our next mission. I also start construction on another power generator and will follow that up with a foundry when complete.

Next up we begin interrogation of the floater to see what we can uncover about our friends from another planet.

April 30th, 2015
Interrogation of the floater is complete and before it expires we glean some insight on basic armor technology as well as discover a neuro link to the outsider alien that seems to be piloting the UFO’s. Dr. Vahlen now wants us to capture one, shocker. Next up we start research on the alien navigation computer.

Council Report – May 2015

Grade – A

Monthly Rewards
Credits – 585
Scientists – 3
Engineers – 4

Panic Levels
USA, Mexico, United Kingdom, France, Russia and Germany = 1
Argentina, China, Japan, Australia and Egypt = 2
Canada, Brazil, South Africa and Nigeria = 3
India = 4

Another great month and I immediately start excavating some more space in the base after our nice influx of credits. Only India is teetering on mass panic with Europe showing barely a care in the world!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #45
BYU 14
Coordinator

May 2nd, 2015
Power generator is complete and I start work on the foundry immediately and order Interceptors for Asia and Africa.

May 4th, 2015
We get notice of Alien abductions.
China – Panic level 2, very difficult, 4 engineers

Mexico – Panic level 1, difficult, 200 credits

Russia – Panic level 1, difficult, Support Sergeant

With all things close, I decide the extra coin will help more than anything else right now and off we go to Mexico, eager to try our new armor!

Operation Red Flame
Date: 05/04/2015

Coffee Warlord Lieutenant Heavy 6 12 Nano-Fiber vest
Benton Gale II Lieutenant Sniper 5 6 Scope
Kid Kodos II Squaddie Support 1 1 Medikit
Shane Sexton Squaddie Sniper 1 0 Scope
Deacon Palmer II Rookie none 0 0 Grenade

We deploy near what appears to be a diner and fan out on the parking lot, taking up defensive positions and scanning for activity. Two beastly looking creatures appear and both Warlord and Palmer miss reaction shots as the aliens move toward the door.

Gale shouts out “Mutons!!” lines up one of them and nails it, but it somehow stays up, scary. Sexton and Palmer both go for the other one and miss, not good with as durable as these look. Coffee Warlord zeroes in and she looks like she wants to unleash the rocket, instead she looks to suppress the closest one and Kodos throws down some smoke. The aliens unleash plasma blasts at Gale and Warlord, but both miss the mark.

Gale and Sexton both miss, not what we want from our snipers guys!! Palmer moves up behind Sexton and tosses a grenade, wounding the second alien and destroying its cover. Kodos moves to a better vantage point and drops the Muton that was injured by Palmer, killing it. The second Muton sprints for cover, as two floaters appear to our west.

Gale wounds one of the floaters, but nobody else has a shot and we go to cover and overwatch mode. The second Muton appears again and Sexton misses a reaction shot, Warlord does not and the Muton dies in a hail of bullets. More floaters appear and Palmer takes one down with a reaction shot and we prepare to counter.

Gale blasts one floater with a headshot and Sexton takes out another, now our snipers are clicking. Coffee Warlord decides it’s time and unleashes a rocket, taking out a corner of the eatery, but only one floater with it. The two that remain move, one hitting Sexton, who is likely only saved by the new armor. The other launches and drops down behind us, but that maneuver will not end well for the alien.

Palmer moves into the open and rushes the floater behind us, destroying it with a quick burst. Coffee Warlord moves up next to Gale and takes out the final floater, completing another flawless mission! CW is a killing machine!

Summary
Operation Red Flame - Success
Aliens killed: 8 – Excellent

Artifacts recovered
6 floater corpses, 2 muton corpses, 16 weapon fragments and the ability to do a muton autopsy.

Promotions:
Shane Sexton – Corporal, trains in snapshot allowing shots to be taken after moving with a -20 aim penalty.
Deacon Palmer II – Squaddie, support earning a smoke grenade.

After reviewing surveillance film of the mission, Coffee Warlord is given one of Palmers kills, for a total of 4 on the mission and 16 overall. Kodos, Gale, Sexton and Palmer get 1 each, so everyone is on the tally sheet. We earn 200 credits, though panic has increased in Asia and Europe. Sexton will be out 8 days with his injuries.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #46
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Roar.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #47
BYU 14
Coordinator

Base operations
Back at the base I order another power generator to be built and will look to build a lab next. I also need to think about upgrading my interceptors.

May 5th, 2015
As if right on queue with the interceptor upgrade a UFO is spotted over Egypt. It is a small Scout class, and I dispatch a flight to bring it down. We are victorious and I immediately scramble the Skyranger to clean up the crew, wary of what happened the first time I underestimated a downed UFO based on size I will be taking no chances.

Operation Broken Dirge
Date: 05/05/2015
Objective: Locate UFO and neutralize hostiles

Poli Rules Lieutenant Sniper 6 6 Scope
David Gonzalez Corporal Support 2 1 Medikit
Fox McCloud Squaddie Support 1 2 Medikit
Sterling Silvers II Squaddie Sniper 1 1 Scope
DJ Thomas II Rookie none 1 0 Grenade

Led by Lt. Rules we touch down amidst chunks of flaming debris and downed Trees. Looking to take this assault a lot slower than the disaster that was our last UFO recovery mission, we establish positions of cover behind downed trees. As we hunker down we observe what appears to be a thin man running from the craft, but it is dark.

As McCloud moves up he spots it, definitely a thin man and he fires a quick burst, missing. Poli has a bead on the same hostile and neutralizes it, winking at McCloud to say that’s how it’s done. A second thin man appears briefly, but vanishes into the darkness, almost daring us to chase him.

We are not biting this time, so the thin man reappears and blasts poison hitting both Poli and Thomas. The rookie panics and unleashes a burst at the thin man, killing it and earning his first kill. Poli gets out of the poison and moves by Gonzales, launching a battle scanner that yields no immediate results. Gonzales heals Poli, leaving only a panicked Thomas still sitting in the noxious cloud.

We press forward as Thomas regains his composure, we can definitely hear guttural noises inside the spacecraft. Suddenly two floaters appear to the east of the craft and Gonzales gets off a reaction shot, wounding 1, while Poli misses the other. Silvers lines up the second floater and obliterates it! Gonzales and Poli both go after the first one again and miss. The floater picks on the rookie, but Thomas is unscathed and doesn’t wet himself this time.

Thomas and Silvers both open up on the floater and miss again. This damn thing is like a cat, but Poli takes care of whatever lives it has remaining with a well placed round. Gonzales moves up and spots the outsider alien, but since we ‘forgot’ the arc thrower he has to shoot and……..misses. Thomas moves into position and pulling from the Coffee Warlord school of battles tactics, eschews the shot for his grenade, which ends the aliens night and our mission. Vahlen is pissed we did not capture this one, screw her smarmy ass!!

Summary
Operation Broken Dirge - Success
Aliens killed: 5 – Excellent

Artifacts recovered
2 floater corpses, 2 thin man corpses, 9 elerium, 30 alien alloys, 8 weapon fragments, 2 UFO flight computers (1 damaged) and 1 damaged UFO power source.

Promotions:
DJ Thomas II – Squaddie, heavy earning the rocket. Turns out the Coffee Warlord school of battle was spot on as we now have another bulldozer in the ranks.

Totally different outcome as this time there were half as many aliens alive and this was one of our easiest missions in some time. Poli Rules bags 2, as does the pee pants Thomas, while Sterling Silvers II takes care of the 5th.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #48
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I may be wet...but it's because of the boom!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #49
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I may be wet...but it's because of the boom!

Just don't panic with that damn Rocket Launcher now
Old 11-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #50
BYU 14
Coordinator

Base operations
First order of business is ordering 6 more sets of Carapace armor, so now our whole squad is suited and no need to swap. I also start work on a laboratory.

May 7th, 2015
Research is complete on UFO nav unit, which opens up Satellite Nexus, a facilty that can receive transmissions from 4 satellites. Next up is research of a Muton corpse.

May 9th, 2015
Power Generator construction is complete. I am waiting for excavation to be completed above a steam pocket to further harness some energy for the base.

May 10th, 2015
Muton autopsy is complete and the chryssalid is next. No discernible benefits are opened up from the Muton research, disappointing.

I also sell a damaged UFO power source and Flight computer on the gray market. China wants a satellite, but I need to build another uplink, so I start right away so I can comply and gain the 200 credits.

May 13th, 2015
The foundry is complete, but I do not have enough cash to start anything. It offers an unmanned combat drone, improved medikit, ammo conservation, improved pistol, scope upgrade and stealth satellites. Good stuff!

Chryssalid autopsy is complete and I gain chitin plating from the research, so upgrade armor and reduce melee damage. Next I start research on the UFO power source.

May 15th, 2015
Laboratory is complete, which will reduce research time. It has been way too quiet around here!!