Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #851
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I thought you needed a lil love after some of teh heat that came at ya

Well now that you say that...... bring the oils over to my place!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #852
Autumn
Head Coach

As I said to you, it was a classic Mauboy move. I've often thought of fake revealing as a villager, but never found a time it would work. I wonder if you had revealed as cultist what would have happened.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #853
Autumn
Head Coach

It's getting steamy in here.

I'm out of here. I hope someone takes this momentum and maybe gets started on signups for a big game after the holiday.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #854
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I do love everyone though. I miss players like St Cronin, BK, tanglewood and Tyrith. I'd love to see some gigantantic WW game with like 50 players who have played in the past and now, and some of the newer players as well!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #855
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
As I said to you, it was a classic Mauboy move. I've often thought of fake revealing as a villager, but never found a time it would work. I wonder if you had revealed as cultist what would have happened.

True, that would have been the better route but it would have had the same end result.

It was more fun this way confusing the shit out of simbo and brit.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #856
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Well, another awfully bad played game for Mau! Another one to remember... err, forget I mean!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #857
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I do love everyone though. I miss players like St Cronin, BK, tanglewood and Tyrith. I'd love to see some gigantantic WW game with like 50 players who have played in the past and now, and some of the newer players as well!

I would love to see the ruleset for a 50 player game.
Would also be curious to see how long it would run.
Finally, would be awesome to bring back a number of the old-timers who aren't around anymore - but I fear some of the names above have moved on from FOFC entirely, not just our sub-forum.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #858
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Finally, would be awesome to bring back a number of the old-timers who aren't around anymore - but I fear some of the names above have moved on from FOFC entirely, not just our sub-forum.

I know, but still....

Old 12-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #859
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You'd have to run multiple factions. Like some of the old survivor-style games with multiple threads I'd think. Although you could do it in one thread I guess...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #860
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's getting steamy in here.

I'm out of here. I hope someone takes this momentum and maybe gets started on signups for a big game after the holiday.

I'm ready, but I have a January class from 7-11 that has 40 hours of lectures in there plus quizzes and presentations and such. I won;t be able to go until January 14 at the earliest, that monday. So someone else should step in.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #861
Autumn
Head Coach

A gargantuan game like that would require multiple sub-games, I think. Have four different games going that will then interact. We've done multi-thread games before of course. And I have one in the works, but not one for that many people.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #862
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
You'd have to run multiple factions. Like some of the old survivor-style games with multiple threads I'd think. Although you could do it in one thread I guess...

I thoink I could come up with a 50 player ruleset, let me see.....

How about a 50 player Dungeon III?????

Old 12-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #863
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thoink I could come up with a 50 player ruleset, let me see.....

How about a 50 player Dungeon III?????

Yes!

Or a giganto superheroes one...
Old 12-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #864
Autumn
Head Coach

Superheroes would be a good idea, battling on different worlds. A big crossover event. Once it gets down to X players in each then they all converge in one game.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #865
Autumn
Head Coach

I think the Beyonder is probably behind it all.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #866
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Superheroes would be a good idea, battling on different worlds. A big crossover event. Once it gets down to X players in each then they all converge in one game.

Or battling each other on one gameworld. Bawhaha!!

With an "evil faction" that crossed across the different universes/groups of superheroes.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:10 PM   #867
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yeah but then people aren't interacting, and that's the point. I don't want SnDvls to come back only to have him in another thread with Dodgerchick and Neon Chaos.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #868
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I miss SunnyD.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #869
hoopsguy
General Manager

By the worse, curse you JAG for making me re-read that role reveals game all over again.

Actually a fun game, and I had just about completely forgotten about it, but what a timesuck it is going back to old games.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #870
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

If that game happens, I'll find a way to play regardless of schedule.

And then lament it when I realize how hard it is to keep up with a thread that has 50 freaking players in the game
Old 12-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #871
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Yes!

Or a giganto superheroes one...

And I will write up 3 page writeups a night!
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #872
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
True, that would have been the better route but it would have had the same end result.

It was more fun this way confusing the shit out of simbo and brit.

The unluckiest thing about your reveal, mau, is that it appears the only people you confused were the villagers! CR followed you because I didn't reveal, and Simbo and I didn't buy it, but ended up getting manipulated into sticking our votes on you anyway.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #873
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, another awfully bad played game for Mau! Another one to remember... err, forget I mean!

many of your instincts were right on the money. What I was trying to say was if you get in people's faces and repeatedly yell at them to vote your way, then they just aren't going to vote your way. It just seemed you were getting over the top a bunch to brit and such. Now whether that is actual your gaming style...to get overly emotional to make people believe you, well that's fine I guess but remember if you do that you have to accept people doing that to you and not get upset when that happens. Granted if you thought I was a wolf, why did you get so upset at me calling you a lying piece of shit (as I really only used that language in fun cause you talk that way all the time and I'd figured you'd go along with it and fire back since you seemed to know all the time I was a wolf). And pming me was kind of a shock. note i know all you said was "WTF" but you know you shouldn't pm me.
I know it was emotions and stuff cause I didn't mean anything really. Even the really rude comment was all wolf talk to debunk your story.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:33 PM   #874
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

it was pretty fascinating that math won out in the end. I pointed out the 4/4 thing the day before but we kinda forgot about that until abe forced us to USE MATH (math...math...math...)
Old 12-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #875
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Got ya.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #876
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

so was al;l that blowing up and shit all game or were you really pissed?
Old 12-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #877
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

or kinda both?
Old 12-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #878
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Danny! hey!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #879
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

night all

Old 12-21-2012, 01:23 AM   #880
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Did JAG send you a PM explaining his play? It is amazing how this game was almost flipped on its head. A matter of minutes plus players showing up on day 1.

I didn't, but it wasn't that hard a decision when no one else moved to break the tie. I figured a tie was bad for the village because 50% of the time there was no kill, which is a waste of a lynch (remember I had no idea what game it was, 50% of the time it was a seerless game in which no information would be death for the village), the other 50% of the time would be both dying. CF had a better than even chance to be a villager and had a better chance than me to have a role, I didn't want to potentially put the village in that deep a hole after a day.
Also, I felt a bit guilty being alive because I knew Simbo was a vanilla villager due to how he checked in, so it was a easy way to take myself out of the equation.

Obviously it didn't work out, but I would make that play again in that circumstance.

Good game wolves and thanks for running it Autumn. I liked the idea of the game.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:29 AM   #881
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

you knew simbo was a vanilla villager? how?

and thanks for game autumn!

I do actually like your idea of making individual roles a probability. Put even more mystery into it. as long as death reveals are explicit. cause this one, the wolves knew on day 2 what game we were playing. the rest on day 3. Maybe that's enough time anyway as games don't always last very long.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:37 AM   #882
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
The wolves already have it narrowed down to two based on if they have a seer or not. I think knowing if we have a cultist is important, or if there is a wolf seer. Basically just knowing what we're up against. Even those of us who think we're simple Vanilla Villagers have a 4.16% chance of being a Wolf Cub. Since there's a game in there with no roled villagers, we could have no means of busting a fake reveal.

I'm probably going to be skeptical of any reveals until we know more (unless it comes with a result).

I saw the above when I went back to review the thread. Vanilla villagers got the message "You are a simple villager", so there was pretty much no way he used that phrase accidentally. I had PM'ed Autumn earlier when it hit me that could've been a problem but hadn't noticed that post of Simbo's the first go-around.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #883
Suicane75
Coordinator

Even though I'm not sure there was anything very different I could or should have done I do need to offer a mild apology because I was pretty intimidated right from the start and didn't interact that much. It's like being thrown on a baseball team and not knowing if the guy on 1st is a base stealer and whether I should take a few pitches or if my SS is a great fielder and I'm the 2nd basemen so I break the wrong way on a ground ball. Hell of an analogy, I know.

I also had no real idea what to do after the 2nd nk didn't work. I was pretty sure I was the target and then when Boo jumped on me right away in the morning I had a dozen scenarios running through my head. He's obviously a wolf, a wolf wouldn't be so obvious, what do I do.....ARGHHH. If I said anything too obvious the wolves would know I was the hunter but then again they probably knew anyway.

Anyway, I'm definitely down to play again and get more familiar with both the game and the players.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #884
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
so was al;l that blowing up and shit all game or were you really pissed?

My mind set at that time was that the game was over and we were all joking around with our reveals. Not everyone really understood that the game was indeed 100% over unless not all the wolves voted.

If I wanted it to happen I would have easily convinced the other two that the vote needed to be on you but I was done playing because I had exhausted myself all morning/early afternoon only to be disappointed when I realized the game was over. So by the time you said that.. I was like, whaaat, because I wasn't playing the game anymore.

Last edited by mauchow : 12-21-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #885
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Even though I'm not sure there was anything very different I could or should have done I do need to offer a mild apology because I was pretty intimidated right from the start and didn't interact that much. It's like being thrown on a baseball team and not knowing if the guy on 1st is a base stealer and whether I should take a few pitches or if my SS is a great fielder and I'm the 2nd basemen so I break the wrong way on a ground ball. Hell of an analogy, I know.

I also had no real idea what to do after the 2nd nk didn't work. I was pretty sure I was the target and then when Boo jumped on me right away in the morning I had a dozen scenarios running through my head. He's obviously a wolf, a wolf wouldn't be so obvious, what do I do.....ARGHHH. If I said anything too obvious the wolves would know I was the hunter but then again they probably knew anyway.

Anyway, I'm definitely down to play again and get more familiar with both the game and the players.

There's definitely a learning curve, but you and booradley did fine. No need to apologize!

We weren't 100% sure you were the hunter, but even if you were you were going to be the target of the next night kill, because either you were the hunter and we'd get you then, or you had been guarded by the BG and he couldn't guard you again.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #886
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
There's definitely a learning curve, but you and booradley did fine. No need to apologize!

We weren't 100% sure you were the hunter, but even if you were you were going to be the target of the next night kill, because either you were the hunter and we'd get you then, or you had been guarded by the BG and he couldn't guard you again.

It could have played out interestingly if Suicane revealed at that time leaving the wolves scrambling about who to hit next. The BG would have put the block on you and they would have been forced to go elsewhere. It still would have likely left us with a villager dead; but if the you guys tried to get him anyway and the BG got the block, that would have made Day 4 a whole lot more interesting.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #887
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It could have played out interestingly if Suicane revealed at that time leaving the wolves scrambling about who to hit next. The BG would have put the block on you and they would have been forced to go elsewhere. It still would have likely left us with a villager dead; but if the you guys tried to get him anyway and the BG got the block, that would have made Day 4 a whole lot more interesting.

He had no way of knowing if he had blocked an attack or if the BG had though...
Old 12-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #888
spleen1015
Coordinator

I play like once a year. Other than the Hobbit game where I typoed my name and everyone thought I was a wolf on day one, I've never died this early. So, I'll have to play in the next one.

Obviously, I was disappointed to die night 1 being the seer, even more so know that I know DT was a wolf.

The game would have been much different.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #889
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
He had no way of knowing if he had blocked an attack or if the BG had though...

Yeah all hind sight. No way he should reveal.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #890
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
The unluckiest thing about your reveal, mau, is that it appears the only people you confused were the villagers! CR followed you because I didn't reveal, and Simbo and I didn't buy it, but ended up getting manipulated into sticking our votes on you anyway.

I just did that to end the game. We were screwed.

I did think mau was a wolf at the start of the day though.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #891
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I saw the above when I went back to review the thread. Vanilla villagers got the message "You are a simple villager", so there was pretty much no way he used that phrase accidentally. I had PM'ed Autumn earlier when it hit me that could've been a problem but hadn't noticed that post of Simbo's the first go-around.

That's funny! I might have subliminally thought about that but I didn't intentionally rolehint. Still, good catch though.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #892
hoopsguy
General Manager

Reading yesterday, I thought Simbo was the BG rather than Brit.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #893
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Can we get WOLVES WIN placed in the title so I can stroke my ego a bit?
Old 12-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #894
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, I'll change it now. I like to leave it a mystery for a while for people catching up.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #895
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Reading yesterday, I thought Simbo was the BG rather than Brit.

Yes, I think Brit managed to stay under the radar there. That's why I didn't want to just call the game, I think with the confusion there was still a chance that things would go sideways.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #896
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Pot? Meet Kettle?

btw, thanks for drawing attention to me and my posts. Thanks for that.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #897
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh come on. If yo'ure going to come in here and talk about new players acting all silly, you're going to get called on it ;-)