Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #101
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

A panel in the wall opens up and Golden eagle falls out onto the panel...bounces a couple times on it, then lands in the tub, splashing britrock again.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #102
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

wow the tub is getting some use.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #103
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The motors start up again and a panel opens up. THe floor tilts up and you all slide into another room.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #104
britrock88
Pro Starter

Too late for night actions? (Probably.)
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #105
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Movement Night Action Deadline extended to Tomorrow(Saturday) at Noon PST.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #106
britrock88
Pro Starter

So I was wrong in thinking that we were just cycling through 4 rooms, now that I've seen 5 different rooms. (I was probably in the minority with that opinion, anyway.)
Old 01-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #107
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You are in the Mistress' Changing Room

morris_jumel_house_dressing_room_with_chamber_pot (800x600).jpg

This can be none other than the Mistress' Changing Room and you are almost embarrassed to be here. The main focus is the dressing table which houses a big JEWELRY BOX, MANY LARGE DRAWERS, and a large FAN. There is a great COMFY CHAIR rests here for the lady to sit and be primped for the big occasion. A nice CHAMBER POT sits beneath the chair for those embarrassing moments and a fancy TAPESTRY hangs on the wall. And a THREE-PANELED BLIND with various artwork on the front rests so that the lady could step behind it as needed. Really you feel as if you must close your eyes while in here. However, you do spy a CANDY DISH on the table which is no doubt for the old cow to stuff her face.

Purple Lever, Green Lever, Red Button, Red Lever

Exits:
Middle Floor, Ground Floor

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-07-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:24 AM   #108
bhlloy
Coordinator

Saucy...

I see no reason to go anywhere else, seeing as we know we are in a new room hopefully with new things to search. I'm sticking around for the weekend.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #109
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

as an I
Old 01-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #110
britrock88
Pro Starter

Ditto.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #111
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Moves done.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #112
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

INSPECT JEWELRY BOX

Dont want to over think this one.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #113
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

PULL PURPLE LEVER

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #114
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Inspect the blinds
Old 01-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #115
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

pull green lever
Old 01-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #116
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

INSPECT TAPESTRY

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #117
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh yeah, Chief Rum arrives from downstairs...
Old 01-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #118
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Hogsworth enters, heads straight for the center of the room and pushes the red button. He then quickly exits.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-05-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #119
bhlloy
Coordinator

INSPECT THREE PANELED BLIND
Old 01-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #120
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

dang it bhlloy go inspect something I am not inspecting! lol
Old 01-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #121
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

and where did the red button come from?
Old 01-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #122
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Suddenly you hear a voice, the unmistakable shaky voice of the master of the house, Lord Stout

“I am so glad you have all gathered in one place for me. It has made this so much easier. I must dreadfully apologie for, you see, you have received an Unfortunate Invitation. So while you greedily have been gathering bits and trinkets here and there, it’s all worth nothing to you now, for you are helping me settle an old score. Oh you still don’t understand? Well those things you have been searching and inspecting used to belong to some old friends of mine. I say friends but I really mean good for nothing thieves who stole from me, every one of them. And as each of them has touched or owned an item in this house (the items which you searched) when they used to spend endless summers here, now their spirits are summoned into you through these items. So sorry....but what you searched has now determined who is about to be inside you...which should be happening right about...now.”

You all feel your minds melt away, then wander away, then run away from you. Yes it totally gets away from you. And now you....what were you doing? Oh yes you remember this place. What were you thinking of? You are at Lord Stout’s. The man who threw such lavish and wonderful parties and you would stay for simply days and consider it your home away from home. Well now, let the party continue!
“Oh why have I done this? Why have I brought you all back here? Why, to kill you, of course! That’s right, you see I have also summoned, or rather YOU all have summoned some very powerful ...shall we say...acquaintances of mine. And they in turn will kill you. So I guess some of you will be killing the others, etc, etc but don’t let that kill the party. Why don’t you all continue with the venture I promised those other folk, you remember, the ones whose bodies you nowpossess. Yes that IS what we are talking about now aren’t we? So why don’t you forget about me and keep doing what you are good at....trying to take things from my house. The winner still takes all. And then my acquaintances will take you. Bravo!”

Hmmmm you agree with this plan. Taking more money from Lord Stout was always your favorite hobby.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-06-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #123
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

And now the real game begins.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #124
britrock88
Pro Starter

INSPECT MANY LARGE DRAWERS

Why not?
Old 01-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #125
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The door creaks open and a momemt later Hogsworth sticks his head in.

"Hello? Is everything alright in here? I do realize this must be terribly frightful for you all and I will do everything I can to make your stay here more comfortable and...my word, all of you seem transformed. Like different people are staring back at me."

"I don't like the sound of what the Master said. Inviting his friends to possess you? How dreadful. And the Master did know some very frightful...um...beings...creatures...entities...I won't call them humans. To think that any of YOU should be inhabited by such fiends. Oh dear, this is most terrible. Perhaps you should try and suss out who among you is here to do you harm and remove them post haste! Perhaps by drawing lots or simply by majority vote of anyone in the house. Why don't you just use the names you started with. Yes, I think that is the only fair thing to do."

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-07-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #126
bhlloy
Coordinator

Nice CF, that's an awesome game mechanic.

Oh, and as ntn pointed out I guess I'll be inspecting something else tomorrow

UNINSPECT BLINDS
INSPECT CHAMBER POT

I wonder if it's still warm...
Old 01-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #127
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

"Oh one more thing, if you did not receive a PM from the powers that be, please PM me. And if you have any questions, also please PM me. Now, could I offer anyone some dinner? Anything you like? And a drink too of course."

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-06-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:20 AM   #128
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

So I would assume now we're free to vote. I never played in CF's other game with multiple threads, but it seems like it's going to be challenging for us to coordinate across the threads since we can only talk to a subset of each other at a time. I think it might be a good idea for us to move from room to room each time we get a chance to do so and possibly to keep splitting up so we can share the knowledge from our room with the villagers spread across the other rooms. Not that there is likely to be a lot of info at this point, but down the road it seems like it would help out.

We also appear to have new win conditions listed for team victory (standard villager / wolf win conditions) along with trying to find the most money as an individual victory. That's a neat touch by CF.

VOTE BHLLOY

No reason other than I wanted to vote someone in our room.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #129
britrock88
Pro Starter

Do we think there'll be multiple lynches per day? Or will CF run a total among all the threads to determine the victim?

Unfortunately, I won't be around at deadline...
Old 01-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #130
britrock88
Pro Starter

I'll try going out of thread...

VOTE DANNY

IIRC, we were talking about not pulling levers in another room when he basically responded "F it" and pulled a lever. That's all I have.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #131
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

If I remember the last game with multiple threads I played in correctly, There was only 1 lynch per day.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #132
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

That is as good a first day reason as any Iguess. However it does sound like the wolves and the roled villagers just got their assignments on the 5th.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #133
bhlloy
Coordinator

I see two ways to go here, we either treat this thread like a mini WW game or we consolidate out of thread to keep ourselves safe (in theory at least)

Downside of 1 is we might not have much affect on overall vote total, downside of 2 is we don't learn anything about anything and we're just blindly shooting in the dark (as pointed out any interactions we had prior to the weekend were before ppl knew their roles

I'll go with option 1 for now. Random pick as we have absolutely nothing to go on

vote britrock
Old 01-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #134
bhlloy
Coordinator

An interesting thing that comes to mind is that CF controlled the roles by the items that were in each room. I'm not sure what that means - the obvious "fair" way to do it is to split the roles up by room as much as possible but maybe CF knows we would expect that. I could see something crazy like all wolves in one room to start.

Another very important point is that wolves are the only ones who can coordinate votes between threads (assuming PM rights) So I think we look very critically at any later day votes that inadvertently save somebody in another thread. Far higher chance in this game mechanic of a wolf saving another wolf and playing dumb IMO
Old 01-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #135
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I see two ways to go here, we either treat this thread like a mini WW game or we consolidate out of thread to keep ourselves safe (in theory at least)

Downside of 1 is we might not have much affect on overall vote total, downside of 2 is we don't learn anything about anything and we're just blindly shooting in the dark (as pointed out any interactions we had prior to the weekend were before ppl knew their roles

I'll go with option 1 for now. Random pick as we have absolutely nothing to go on

vote britrock

Yeah, the big downside of 1 is, if every thread decides to play like that, the vote will be spread to a ridiculous degree. I don't imagine that will happen though, or if it does, we can react and consolidate accordingly.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #136
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
An interesting thing that comes to mind is that CF controlled the roles by the items that were in each room. I'm not sure what that means - the obvious "fair" way to do it is to split the roles up by room as much as possible but maybe CF knows we would expect that. I could see something crazy like all wolves in one room to start.

Another very important point is that wolves are the only ones who can coordinate votes between threads (assuming PM rights) So I think we look very critically at any later day votes that inadvertently save somebody in another thread. Far higher chance in this game mechanic of a wolf saving another wolf and playing dumb IMO

Heh, two things I had been thinking about too. Regarding the first paragraph, I was also thinking it was probably split up between rooms initially....but then I thought there were too many items for that to really have worked well (like what if someone picked the BG item and the brutal wolf item for example) and it's just as likely he went to random.org and worked the item stories around the result. Second paragraph is a good point too, that also goes for any other sign of collaboration between threads. I did notice there was no specific mention in the rules that wolves have PM rights but it's probably safe to say it's a typical game in that regard.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #137
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Just realized we have no idea what happens with a tie vote either.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #138
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah good point JAG. When you think of it there was no guarantee ppl would inspect any given item, and so the role allocation must have been after the fact with items for flavor only. Still, CF would have had an opportunity to split the roles out by room (or not)

I'm sure however he did it, it was with screwing us over in mind
Old 01-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #139
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The sound of a panel opening is heard. Hmm something is different. The description of the room has changed slightly.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #140
bhlloy
Coordinator

Looks like we gained a red lever - I'd like to go at least one investigation deadline before pulling it, thoughts?
Old 01-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #141
bhlloy
Coordinator

DOLA - the button that Hogsworth pushed to presumably add roles to the game was red, I wonder if the red lever might do something with the WW game rather than the physical room we are in. Just throwing things out there
Old 01-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #142
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I'm good with waiting a day since we've already thrown the green and purple levers without figuring out what they do.

Meanwhile, I'm surprised CF came through here and didn't give us an update on the vote counts for the day. I guess one thought is that we haven't really started yet, but it sure seemed like Hogsworth was giving us the green light to vote. Just throwing this out there, but maybe the red lever has something to do with the lack of other vote counts? That would jive with the idea that it has something to do with the WW game rather than shifting rooms or players around. If that were true, we'd probably rather throw it to have a better idea of what's going on with voting. But that's a bit of a speculative leap.

Missing votes from CR, ntn, and GE at the moment (haven't seem him since he plopped into the bathtub even).
Old 01-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #143
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

"If you'll excuse me, sir. But I did suggest you vote out these fiends if you can."
Old 01-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #144
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Wait, we are voting in this thread?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #145
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

GM Note: GE was confused about where he was supposed to go and my post accidently left that part out for him. My fault but GE is here.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #146
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post

"Why yes you are," says Hogworth, "but not just here."
Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #147
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post

Uh, I hope others in other threads are voting.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #148
bhlloy
Coordinator

If I get voted out with one single vote because nobody else in the game has voted, that would be quite a story
Old 01-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #149
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*gong*....the clock strikes 6:13.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #150
bhlloy
Coordinator

Um... guys?