Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Midday deadlines?

As everyone knows (for instance, from the wrestling game), my second job gives me issues at our normal deadline times, which I can't stand (hate to keep the players waiting).

I have given thought to different deadline times to handle this. My early deadline suggestion for wrestling was not really supported.

So here is my question: How does everyone feel about a midday deadline?

If I ran a two phase (night and day) midday deadline, it would be something like a 10 a.m. PDT (1 p.m. EST) lynch deadline, and a night deadline to end 2-3 hours later.

If I ran a single, 24 hour midday deadline, it would be either 10 a.m. again or 2 p.m. PDT (5 p.m. EST).

How would something like that work for you guys? Better? Worse?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
The Jackal
Coordinator

I feel like a 1pm EST lynch deadline might be tough to swing. 5 or 6 PM would work better, but you'd likely lose out on a lot of post-work posting. I could see some very quiet deadlines since most of us aren't able to post much from work. I'm always up for trying things - however I'm not going to be able to play in another game until the last week of May.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
The Jackal
Coordinator

Damnit, I'm going to miss game of thrones?
Old 05-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I thought the deadlines for the wrestling game worked out fine, I don't recall any problems at least.

I would be ok with the night / day deadline you're suggesting, but I may not be available around deadline. I don't mind that though. And Narc will probably be thrilled.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, Jackal, I have been pushing back my GOT ruleset fro quite a while. I wanted to run it during the show run.

JAG, the issues with the wrestling deadline was that 2-3 times I had to run the deadline really late because I was at work. I would imagine it kills the momentum to go up to the lynch deadline and not have the lynch actually happen yet.

That's really what I want to have set up, is so that the game gets an immediate lynch and reaction before I have to go to the other job.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Any earlier deadline is win as far as I'm concerned. But I would imagine that I'm in a minority there.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #7
Danny
Head Coach

I would be unable to play most likely. Lots of unexpected things happen daily at work, so many days I would not be able to get on at all. I also do not wake up early enough or have it in my mind to check before work.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #8
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I would be unable to play most likely. Lots of unexpected things happen daily at work, so many days I would not be able to get on at all. I also do not wake up early enough or have it in my mind to check before work.

That would be my concern, Danny. I am busy, but I think I can keep tabs on a game once I get it running while I am at work.

But for some, that's just not an option. At work, they can't do anything, and it's after work when they can contribute, or late at night.

I'll probably end up sticking with the night deadline and ask for patience again on those nights when I can't be on right at the deadline.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #9
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I don't think it kills momentum too much Chief - we all understand your second job.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm more flexible than most, so early deadlines wouldn't be too bad. But probably the best option would be to have a single deadline, around the regular time 9 or 10 EST. Make people wait for writeup when you can do it. but if it's a single deadline than there's no real downside to having to wait like there might be with a day/night deadline setup.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm more flexible than most, so early deadlines wouldn't be too bad. But probably the best option would be to have a single deadline, around the regular time 9 or 10 EST. Make people wait for writeup when you can do it. but if it's a single deadline than there's no real downside to having to wait like there might be with a day/night deadline setup.

This. I'd rather have people playing -I don't think the momentum will be killed.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #12
path12
Coordinator

I am stupid excited for a GoT werewolf game so will work with any deadline you want.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #13
The Jackal
Coordinator

Yeah, I wouldn't have a problem waiting for a writeup. Spin it like the small council is discussing the lynch vote or something.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #14
Autumn
Head Coach

Heck, spin it that we're waiting for George Martin to finish the next book.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #15
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I am stupid excited for a GoT werewolf game so will work with any deadline you want.

stupid excited doesn't even cover it on my end.

I'M IN!!!

(oh wait - this isn't the signup thread. F*ck you, I don't care!)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #16
Danny
Head Coach

if you did single deadline, I would still play. I would just be like Narc, but then people will vote me for being too quiet.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #17
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Either way works.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #18
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

1PM is better than 10PM

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #19
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
if you did single deadline, I would still play. I would just be like Narc, but then people will vote me for being too quiet.

Like last game?
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #20
Danny
Head Coach

But even quieter. I will be l
Old 05-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #21
Danny
Head Coach

Like ntn
Old 05-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #22
path12
Coordinator

I actually find Danny more suspicious the more he posts. Those one line posts spread all kinds of fear, uncertainty and doubt.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #23
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think the midday deadline would be hard. If most people are like me they can get on during work, but spradicaly.

I think what we would see is a lot of uneducated votes just to make sure the deadline isn't missed.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote