Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

LANNISTER (GoT) Thread

This is the House Lannister thread. You may only post in here or view this thread if you are allowed to in the game rules.

This thread is for members of House Lannister.

FOR REFERENCE

Here is the player list, with roles

HOUSE STARK

King Robb Stark-- Coffee Warlord

Roose Bolton-- JAG
Rickard Karstark-- MrBug708
Theon Greyjoy-- Lathum

HOUSE LANNISTER

King Joffrey Baratheon-- Zinto

Tywin Lannister-- hoopsguy
Jaime Lannister-- greenbeans
Ser Gregor Clegane-- Julio Riddols

HOUSE BARATHEON OF DRAGONSTONE

King Stannis Baratheon-- Autumn

Ser Davos Seaworth-- InBlue
Axell Florent-- claphamsa
Melisandre-- bulletsponge

HOUSE BARATHEON OF STORM'S END

King Renly Baratheon-- path12

Loras Tyrell-- murrayyyyy
Cortnay Penrose-- Darth Vilus
Brienne of Tarth-- fontisian

NEUTRAL CHARACTERS

Barristan Selmy-- mauchow
Lord Varys-- DaddyTorgo
Cersei Lannister-- Narcizo
Petyr Littlefinger Baelish-- saldana
Tyrion Lannister-- Danny

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 05-23-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
hoopsguy
General Manager

I have arrived, and wish to discuss Lannister business. Especially since we can have conversations that do not include that whoring imp Tyrion.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #3
Zinto
College Starter

Hello Grandfather. Have my uncles come to bend the knee yet or do their heads have to be placed next to Robb Starks once I get a hold of him.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #4
hoopsguy
General Manager

Joffrey, you have a great many decisions before you.

I expect your reign to be long and glorious. We have much work to do in the coming months to set down the pretender kings and unite the lands under House Lannister.

What thoughts have you on how to proceed? I expect that we have natural advantages compared to other houses, by virtue of our labors and your seat, but we will be a target for all others since you hold the throne.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #5
hoopsguy
General Manager

Each day will call for the execution of a bannerman. I feel that we must do all we can to insure our numbers are not reduced too quickly.

In order to achieve this aim, we will likely need to win hearts and minds at King's Landing (common thread). I believe the best way to do this is to create fear of the threat represented by other bannermen. This will be most effective against those who present a unique threat (magic/Stannis) or those who do not as actively play the game of thrones at King's Landing.

Additionally, I expect each house to protect their own to the best of their ability. Therefore, it will be of utmost importance to garner the approval of the entities who do not possess house affiliation. I would urge us all to be attentive to their thoughts and cater to their whims when their cause aligns with House Lannister.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #6
hoopsguy
General Manager

The other thought is how pushing a candidate will impact the existing king. Do we choose someone who we expect the King to protect, bringing dishonor upon him, or someone we think is more likely to flee - and potentially bring under our banner?

I do not quite understand how my daughter - the mother of our king - can be considered neutral but I hope that we may count on her loyalties. I'm less certain about Tyrion, but perhaps he will honor his name before all is said and done.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #7
hoopsguy
General Manager

In the previous post, by "existing king" I mean the pretender kings. The other factions will get to worry about how to apply pressure to us. Hopefully we can remain several steps ahead of them. I would be dismayed if House Tyrell, in particular, were ever able to mount a credible threat to Joffrey.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #8
Zinto
College Starter

I feel as though we are at a disadvantage Grandfather. People sure do seem to hate the Lannisters. Looks like we are going to need to spend our money and grease some palms.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #9
Zinto
College Starter

What does everyone's availability for the game look like? I need to pick a hand and would prefer someone who is going to be around.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #10
Zinto
College Starter

Also where is my Uncle Jamie and my hounds brother?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #11
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, you do wear the throne at this time - so that makes you the common target. The sense is likely that if you can be removed from the chess board that it strengthens the claims of the pretenders. We'll need to be willing to ally with another house at this stage ... trying to go it alone against all of the other armies will lead to a bad outcome.

I anticipate having intermittent availability during the workdays ... on days where I work from home I'll be able to aggressively monitor the conversation. Tomorrow will not be one of those days, but the remainder of the week looks a bit more promising at this time. In the eve I'll have Casterly Rock matters to address (family time) but usually should be available 15-30 minutes before the daily judgement is announced.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #12
hoopsguy
General Manager

"wear the throne" = hold the throne. Sigh ... I shall have my scribe disciplined for his incompetence.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #13
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm here, my king. My sword hungers for the taste of blood.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #14
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

My sword shall be made ready at all hours, with small exceptions being made for personal matters on most Mondays and Tuesdays.

FUCK EA
Old 05-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #15
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think our first order of business is to escape Day 1 with our membership intact. I don't see any reason to tip our hand in terms of who we will target during Day 0, but we should absolutely be considering this within our own discussions.

I think the roster of House Stark poses the greatest threat, in terms of in-thread participation and ability to influence other voters. However, I'm hopeful that Robb's bannermen may not be the most loyal bunch. Turning one of them, particularly JAG/Roose, is something that we should consider if opportunity should arise.

I think Melissandre/Bullet is the easiest target, as people will fear her witchcraft and the power it bestows upon her and Stannis' forces. Couple that with someone who may not be as forceful in stating their case in the open forum and I suspect that may be our best chance to gain power early. Plus Stannis would be inclined to continue harboring her, which could present us with multiple days of grinding that axe and turning sentiment against one of the pretender kings instead of Joffrey.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #16
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I can get into that line of thought. Melissandre is a devilish little bitch. My current plan is just to try and be the best Clegane I can be, but I hope to make myself enticing as a potential hand to any of the kings so that I can keep my head in order to defend the king. I won't publicly express allegiance to anyone specific, instead I will try and make sure to get the hint across that my sword may be for sale.

FUCK EA
Old 05-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #17
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Also, my king, my vote is in your hands to do with as you wish. I care for nothing but defending the throne.

FUCK EA
Old 05-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #18
hoopsguy
General Manager

Is it possible to become the Hand for another King while remaining under the flag of House Lannister? I'm all for subterfuge, but I suspect that the structure of our caste system will prevent this from transpiring in the manner you have highlighted.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #19
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I guess we will have to wait for the rules to be fully spelled out before we know for sure what can happen. I'll probably be quiet in the public thread until then. Hopefully Chief will have them out before too long.

FUCK EA
Old 05-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #20
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Is it possible to become the Hand for another King while remaining under the flag of House Lannister? I'm all for subterfuge, but I suspect that the structure of our caste system will prevent this from transpiring in the manner you have highlighted.

You are correct.

The Hand must be a bannerman of the King who names him Hand. If that bannerman leaves the King's service, he will no longer be that King's hand.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #21
Zinto
College Starter

Well well it seems my uncle is not going to post in time so he has no chance of being the Kings Hand. I am going to roll my crown and see which of you is most deserving(random role)
Old 05-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #22
Zinto
College Starter

Actually I am going to use my brains and brawn differently. Grandfather you will be my hand and Ser Gregor you will go and terrorize the other kings as only you can do.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #23
hoopsguy
General Manager

(no RP post)
I'm happy to serve in whatever role you see fit at this time.

In truth, I would suggest that you clarify with Chief Rum what penalties are associated with a king having to replace his Hand ... by vote, by death, etc and factor that into the equation. I suspect that I'll draw some fire on Day 1, due to fear over my role and the fact that folks seem to want to go after our house out of the chute.

If the penalties are greater in terms of losing your Hand versus another bannerman, then it probably makes sense to have Clegor take the mantle even if it is not as consistent with the books. I'll still be very free with my thoughts in the thread, even if I'm not afforded the opportunity in PMs.

And if you do want me as Hand, I'll fulfill those duties to the best of my ability for as long as I can.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #24
Zinto
College Starter

(OOC)

Do we know the penalty for switching the kings hand if he is voted an enemy of the realm Chief?
Old 05-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #25
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
(OOC)

Do we know the penalty for switching the kings hand if he is voted an enemy of the realm Chief?

None to the King. That penalty is really in place, so you don't just switch Hands willy nilly to take advantage of the PM ability.

A Hand who is voted an Enemy of the Realm is a dishonor to his King, and everyone understands that you are well within your rights to replace a Hand who is voted an Enemy of the Realm.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #26
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Let me know if you want to stick with hoops as your Hand, and I will announce it.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #27
Zinto
College Starter

Well then as the greatest tactician in the land my grandfather Tywin Lannister will become my hand.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #28
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Just tell me who to cut in half, my king.

FUCK EA
Old 05-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #29
hoopsguy
General Manager

We may need to put out a search party for Jamie. I hope he has not fallen into enemy hands ... as if that would ever happen to the Kingslayer.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #30
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Perhaps we could pay Varys a visit. Surely his little birds have seen your son.

FUCK EA
Old 05-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #31
hoopsguy
General Manager

Please make sure to check the rules - tons of new content.

I expect that we would do quite well in a war scenario, assuming we have our full complement in place Day 4.

Who do you feel might be pliable to an alliance at this time? My initial thought is that House Stark is the one to approach, despite our mutual bluster in the Main Thread. If we can arrange an allegiance against Stannis/Melisandre early on, I think it would serve both of our interests. We should make it clear that we want to decimate their power/navy in the early stages of the game, with the understanding that we'll have to square off later on as we reduce down to a single king. But it might as well be the two primary houses in the actual "Game of Thrones" rather than the lesser houses that emerge in the later novels.

As always, looking for feedback from the group on the general premise as well as some help fleshing out the particulars of how we might achieve the larger goals.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #32
Zinto
College Starter

We are definitely going to need to find an ally to began the game. If we are planning to go to war and need to fight our way to victory I am wondering if my Uncle Renly is the way to go. With the backing of the Tyrells he is sure to have a massive army.

We will have to watch Stannis and Robb. Thus far in the thread they have been bending over backwards to please each other.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #33
hoopsguy
General Manager

In the event that we do target Melissandre, we would likely find Varys as an ally since he despises magic.

I would hope that we could count on Tyrion and Cersei to shy away from targeting our number at the outset of the game.

Creating an early alliance with one other group should give us some latitude for the first day and hopefully a bit beyond. We need some public events that turn attention to the other factions; I expect those to start popping up by the 2nd or 3rd day, but in my mind we must aggressively defend ourselves now.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #34
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
We are definitely going to need to find an ally to began the game. If we are planning to go to war and need to fight our way to victory I am wondering if my Uncle Renly is the way to go. With the backing of the Tyrells he is sure to have a massive army.

We will have to watch Stannis and Robb. Thus far in the thread they have been bending over backwards to please each other.

The crown and the command are yours. However, I did not feel that we got a particularly warm reception from Renly/path either. My intent in identifying allies is to hopefully find the group of players who will be most actively participating ... I would rather appeal to players than roles at this point in the game. Even if those appeals are wrapped in Westeros-speak. I would insert a smiley icon, but Tywin never smiles.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #35
Zinto
College Starter

Everyone is jealous of us because we are Lannisters so of course we are going to be targets. We are going to need to be aggressive in trying to push one of the other "king's" bannerman tomorrow.

I agree that hopefully Mother and Uncle Tyrion remember that they are Lannisters and Little Finger and Varys remember that they are in Kings Landing still.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #36
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The crown and the command are yours. However, I did not feel that we got a particularly warm reception from Renly/path either. My intent in identifying allies is to hopefully find the group of players who will be most actively participating ... I would rather appeal to players than roles at this point in the game. Even if those appeals are wrapped in Westeros-speak. I would insert a smiley icon, but Tywin never smiles.

I know that we have not got a particular warm welcome any where thus far. We will have to have a show of power so that we may try and draw our enemies to our side. Players instead of roles will probably work out just fine but we must hope that others will see that as well. The good news is Uncle Jamie will probably be safe tomorrow as he is a fresh player to these games.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #37
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't pretend to know what kind of cash a king has relative to a bannerman, but my reaction to the 250K service suggests that we'll need to do quite a bit of work developing lands in order to have that kind of capital.

I'm guessing I'm a fairly big deal in terms of bannerman wealth, and that is outside of what I'll have/generate alone in this game.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:01 AM   #38
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

It may benefit us to consider buying the love of the people.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 02:48 AM   #39
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Additionally, increasing our already strong foothold might be a better idea than reaching out to make an alliance. It depends on what lands are available to us, but finding and acquiring lands that produce ships might be more useful. I just don't think anyone will join our cause willingly without constantly trying to find a way to usurp us at the first sign of weakness.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 02:51 AM   #40
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

In the end, I am nothing but meat and bone and steel, I care not for the matters of politics. I will do as I am asked.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 03:02 AM   #41
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Or, Tywin.. Perhaps you can convince your other son to do the work of making "alliances" for us. He's about the size of a pawn, isn't he? Certainly the little man with gold lined pockets would seem a friendlier face than one of us?

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 03:10 AM   #42
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I also think we could convince Davos to betray Stannis given that his king appears to have given himself up to that sorceress in his greedy little grab for power. Davos and his fleet would be quite an asset. Stannis is clearly just another mad king if he truly believes he is Azor Ahai, and the last thing westeros needs is another mad king.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #43
hoopsguy
General Manager

I also would expect that our chances to influence Davos might be improved if Stannis is forced to diminish himself by protecting Melisandre.

I'm going to have Casterly Rock business to attend to for much of the afternoon. I'm hoping that someone here, during my absence, can assure that the conversation remains focused on her potentially fearsome powers and the negative impact that Asshai influence would have on a would-be king.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #44
hoopsguy
General Manager

Interesting that you bring up Tyrion. I'm happy to reach out to him, but since I have somewhat limited pigeons for communications I want to make sure that we feel that is the correct course of action.

Already I have heard from Cersei, who has indicated she remains loyal to our house. It is what I expected to hear, but still somewhat reassuring. We may publicly quarrel in an effort to create the appearance of dissension, but the aid of the Queen Regent would definitely be welcome.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:46 AM   #45
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm disappointed that we have yet to hear from Jamie. His absence creates even greater pressure on our alliance than we would otherwise feel. Hopefully he is well and capable of taking up arms for our cause in the very near future.

At this point, I think we need to establish some marching orders for the day.

Joffrey - please use your communication powers to the max. I would emphasize in your missives your desire to be a fair and just king, with a desire to rule a peaceful land. Emphasize that you must protect your seat, but that you can and will be benevolent to your allies while having the capacity for mercy for your foes. That will likely come into question in light of the Ned Stark decapitation.

Clegor - I would like for us to try and grab some land. I'll ask some questions in this thread later to determine the logistics around this. But the terror you strike on the battlefield would likely enhance our chances of success in this venture.

Jamie - should you arrive, we could potentially use you as an emissary. Please let us know if you feel that you have any innate talents in this area. My suspicion is that you are better served capturing bannermen, but that doesn't appear to be an option just yet.

I'm also up for buying a service today, and willing to listen to thoughts on what market offerings would best advance Lannister interests.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:49 AM   #46
hoopsguy
General Manager

Upon further review, it sounds like the King does not enjoy unfettered PM rights. But contacting Varys is allowed and should absolutely be exercised.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #47
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief Rum -
- can we attack any lands? Is there any kind of distance penalty or do we more or less have freedom of movement around Westeros from day-to-day? Not sure if there is a map and movement rates ... I know there is already a ton of other content in the game, so I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't part of it.
- Is there any bonus in attacking a land with more than one bannerman? For example, if I joined Clegor in attacking a land would there be greater benefit than just the sum of our men?
- Would the spoils be split equally among the two attackers? Do we need to name the size of our attacking force, or is it assumed that we move with our entire army?
- Is there any danger of capture or death when raiding lands?
Old 05-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #48
hoopsguy
General Manager

Looks like Cercei's first act after receiving my message, was to cast her vote towards Melissandre. Seeing deeds align with words is refreshing, if not common in Westeros.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #49
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Ok so Cercei is at least on our side for now, but as with anyone, I will constantly suspect treachery isn't close behind. Still it is far easier to trust a Lannister, if only because they share blood with yourself and our king. I'm definitely ready to raid some land, preferably something that produces ships. If we can somehow weaken Stannis' position while becoming a naval power in our own right, I think we can really solidify things. I think the angle that Stannis is not fit to be king with that witch whispering in his ear every moment.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #50
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I think that would be a good angle, I meant to say.

FUCK EA