Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-08-2005, 06:35 PM   #951
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Personally, I think it's entirely possible that Vince was attacked solely by RA and that Dubb and Pennywise are OK, which is why I didn't stick with voting for Dubb.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:36 PM   #952
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
So what are these interrogations about? Care to inform us King? Any results?

All it means is that I can PM freely back and forth with them.

My chats with AE and KWhit were mainly about strategy. KWhit and I were able to briefly discuss who to order Blade to put in the Brig and who should go on water missions.

Hoops has not responded to my first PM today yet. So nothing there.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:37 PM   #953
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dude, none of the spawn are irreplaceable!

Quote:
Spawn Queen
May launch or join a regular or Spawn attack (see Attack below) once per night cycle. If the Spawn Queen dies, the Spawn Council may designate a new Spawn Queen by forgoing all attacks and secret role actions for one night. The new Spawn Queen may not keep any previous role they had.

Hive Mind
May launch or join a regular attack and may join a Spawn attack (see Attack below) once per night cycle. The Hive Mind knows the identities of all Spawn, and what roles they have, and Spawnlings, but may only communicate with Spawn on the Spawn Council. If the Hive Mind dies a random member of the Spawn Council will receive the power (in addition to any other they may possess).
Emphasis mine.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 09-08-2005, 06:37 PM   #954
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, that was directed toward Blade.

Old 09-08-2005, 06:39 PM   #955
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Dude, none of the spawn are irreplaceable!

Emphasis mine.

im well aware of that, but the spawn is the only one every knows...the other spawn dont know each other...thats why they are all protecting vince, the one they know...hell, i doubt any of the spawn even knew marc was a spawn besides vince...but dont overlook the importance of protecting the hive currently
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:39 PM   #956
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

To clarify a little, I meant that none of the roles is irreplaceable; they can all be regenerated from another of the ranks. The only risk the spawn face is simply the dwindling of their ranks. If one of them is outed, most likely the rest will be quick to condemn the outed man. We don't have any outed right now, so they're more likely to be sowing confusion than trying to lose themselves in the bandwagon.

Old 09-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #957
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, that was one of my weaker comments ive made, so dont use that in voting
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #958
saldana
Pro Starter

anyone have a vote count?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:41 PM   #959
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I'm starting to think along the lines of King. I'm just having a hard time justifying 4 spawns at this point. With the killing of Marc, that means there were 5 at one point.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:42 PM   #960
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
To clarify a little, I meant that none of the roles is irreplaceable; they can all be regenerated from another of the ranks. The only risk the spawn face is simply the dwindling of their ranks. If one of them is outed, most likely the rest will be quick to condemn the outed man. We don't have any outed right now, so they're more likely to be sowing confusion than trying to lose themselves in the bandwagon.

I disagree..with the very real threat of lift-off after ardents order they cant afford to lose more...and if they dont all bandwagon in vince's support they might lose him...im of the very strong opiniong this is a critical vote they cant afford to spread out on
Demotivation
Old 09-08-2005, 06:42 PM   #961
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If Vince comes in and claims to be the "light sleeper" I think I'll puke...
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:44 PM   #962
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
If Vince comes in and claims to be the "light sleeper" I think I'll puke...

me too...i wasnt sure when i first said it but was strongly suspicious of it...now, after all the stops they have pulled out and raiders army hinting im right makes me set on vince and the crew...
Demotivation
Old 09-08-2005, 06:46 PM   #963
kingfc22
Head Coach

The more and more I think about it the more I want to vote Vince, but I don't want to kill off the doctor because of his seer type powers. At the same time, I don't really think I can trust what Vince or RA has to say from this point out and we could promote someone to be a medic to cure the wounded. It's not like we have a shortage of firepower and protect powers if we are wrong.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:46 PM   #964
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm sorry guys, I just don't have time to process everything on the last three pages. Getting ready for the game .

If there is anything I must know can someone summarize it for me? Currently my vote is still on Penny.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:47 PM   #965
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
I'm sorry guys, I just don't have time to process everything on the last three pages. Getting ready for the game .

If there is anything I must know can someone summarize it for me? Currently my vote is still on Penny.

Quick summary, take your vote off of Penny
Old 09-08-2005, 06:48 PM   #966
Blade6119
Coordinator

a gazillion secret role reveals in support of vince and a bunch of guys doubting all of it....basically its down to whether or not you trust vince...seems pretty divided
Demotivation
Old 09-08-2005, 06:48 PM   #967
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

When I refer to "the bandwagon", I'm referring only to voting. Hypothetically speaking, suppose someone outed Vince as spawn. Then I would expect at least one of his compatriots to try to get lost in the resulting bandwagon to condemn him.

At this point, though, nobody's been outed. There are disputed "clear" posts, and an unbidden accusation by Vince toward the other three (and if he were Spawn, why would he be drawing attention to himself like that?), but nobody outright outed.

So the strategy that I would expect to see is something in the nature of sowing confusion. Visibly grouping is incredibly dangerous, because it provides an easy path to picking everyone off. The goal is for nobody to trust anybody.

Right now, the only one that I know I can trust is myself, although RealDeal is up there as well. I don't know what happened to Vince during his examination of Raiders Army, there's always the possibility that RA was spawn and Vince became infected himself trying to cure RA. Given the possibility that RA was spawn, I have no reason to suspect Vince's cellmates more than the rest of the crew. And while there are a lot of people jumping to some wild conclusions here, it's really par for the course for a werewolf game, so I can't really attach any more suspicion to that group than to anybody else.

Old 09-08-2005, 06:49 PM   #968
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Quote:
Personally, I think it's entirely possible that Vince was attacked solely by RA and that Dubb and Pennywise are OK, which is why I didn't stick with voting for Dubb.

Just wanted to say I agree with this. The only person I am really suspicious of is RA, but he is in a coma. Vince said that more than one guy attacked him, and I believe Vince because I scanned him.

So I picked Dubb becuase RA chose to scan him. It could be Penny. Or it could be RA acting alone. In fact, Vince and Pass, the two guys I scanned, thought differently than me and voted for Penny, while I chose Dubb instead. Penny's a perfectly reasonable vote, but my personal hunch is Dubb. I could be wrong, but I'm not wrong about Vince.

I'm not sure what's fishy about us voting differnetly. Vince and Pass and I aren't a team or anything; those were just the guys I scanned. I scanned Vince because he was the doctor, and I scanned Pass because he sort of defender Marc and just seemed to have the posting profile of a potential spawn. Both turned out to be clean.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:49 PM   #969
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

BTW, any conclusions drawn from RA's actions when he's supposedly in a coma are bullshit. He's out of play, if he's actively influencing the game that is seriously uncool.

Old 09-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #970
kingfc22
Head Coach

Blade - any thoughts for the Brig tonight?
Old 09-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #971
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
(and if he were Spawn, why would he be drawing attention to himself like that?)

Wednesday, look at me two games ago and lathum last game...both of us were bad, both put our selfs right in the spotligght with outright bluffs and lies, and both ended up winning...im sorry, being bad and in the spot light is a horrible defense, as it seems to be the best way to survive now
Demotivation
Old 09-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #972
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
BTW, any conclusions drawn from RA's actions when he's supposedly in a coma are bullshit. He's out of play, if he's actively influencing the game that is seriously uncool.

I totally agree with this point.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:52 PM   #973
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I totally agree with this point.

me too. RA really shouldn't be posting at all until barkeep takes off the muzzle.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:52 PM   #974
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade - any thoughts for the Brig tonight?

Yah, i have who i think i should toss in there, Vince, Realdeal, Wednesday, and maybe someone else...maybe even RA since i dont know if hes infected or not(not sure who else is best)...hell, if not for the marc vote ardent could be an option...but thats taking the side of vince being bad...if you view otherwise you toss me, kwhit, yourself, and dubb....depends on what side you take
Demotivation
Old 09-08-2005, 06:52 PM   #975
kingfc22
Head Coach

Barkeep - what happens if our engine room is attacked at this point in the game?
Old 09-08-2005, 06:52 PM   #976
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

What would be helpful is a list of the current suspects and how the outcome of their deaths would effect our actions tomorrow.

Old 09-08-2005, 06:54 PM   #977
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Wednesday, look at me two games ago and lathum last game...both of us were bad, both put our selfs right in the spotligght with outright bluffs and lies, and both ended up winning...im sorry, being bad and in the spot light is a horrible defense, as it seems to be the best way to survive now
Actually, that's not quite true that you both won. Lathum came out alive, but apparently he didn't last long afterwards because the mafia took a dim view on him voting down their operative.

Anyway... I agree that a bold play is within the realm of possibility.

Old 09-08-2005, 06:55 PM   #978
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Barkeep - what happens if our engine room is attacked at this point in the game?

According to the rules, it cannot be attacked after lift-off.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:55 PM   #979
Blade6119
Coordinator

what i dont get is why no one is defending dubb and everyine and their mother vince...i figure at least one spawn would try to help dubb, and nt a soul has defended dubb...yet everyone is protecting vince
Demotivation
Old 09-08-2005, 06:55 PM   #980
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Quote:
Yah, i have who i think i should toss in there, Vince, Realdeal, Wednesday, and maybe someone else...maybe even RA since i dont know if hes infected or not(not sure who else is best)...hell, if not for the marc vote ardent could be an option...but thats taking the side of vince being bad...if you view otherwise you toss me, kwhit, yourself, and dubb....depends on what side you take

Actually I agree with Blade for once. Put me, Wednesday, Pass and Vince in the brig. If you do, Vince will be safe.

To be honest I'm a little suspicious of whoever decided yesterday's brig lineup if it turns out 2 spawn were thrown into the brig with the doctor.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:56 PM   #981
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Maybe that means that dubb is actually clean. If we're split between dubb and Vince and both are clean, then it's obviously a good outcome for the spawn. (<- should not be construed as defending dubb )

Edit: Referencing Blade's comment about nobody defending dubb

Last edited by Mr. Wednesday : 09-08-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:56 PM   #982
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
What would be helpful is a list of the current suspects and how the outcome of their deaths would effect our actions tomorrow.

Dubb - scientist...he dies and we have a very hard time getting water, if at all
Vince - doctor...he dies and we cant scan, though we can make medics to cure
Penny-a private, kill him and no one gives a damn

not sure anyone else has gotten votes
Demotivation
Old 09-08-2005, 06:57 PM   #983
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
otherwise you toss me, kwhit, yourself, and dubb

Who lets us out if both you and King are in there?
Old 09-08-2005, 06:57 PM   #984
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Who scanned Vince again? RealDeal right?

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-08-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:57 PM   #985
kingfc22
Head Coach

Vote Vince
Old 09-08-2005, 06:57 PM   #986
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
what i dont get is why no one is defending dubb and everyine and their mother vince...i figure at least one spawn would try to help dubb, and nt a soul has defended dubb...yet everyone is protecting vince

I'm not protecting anyone. I'm pretty suspicious of everyone other than AE. I already took my vote off of Dubb, but if I don't see anything more compelling about Vince, I'm going to have to give my vote back to Dubb.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:58 PM   #987
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dubb - scientist...he dies and we have a very hard time getting water, if at all
Vince - doctor...he dies and we cant scan, though we can make medics to cure
Penny-a private, kill him and no one gives a damn

not sure anyone else has gotten votes

Cool, thanks. I was think more along the lines.

Vince Spawn - Tomorrow we are looking towards this person because
Vince Innocent - Tomorrow we are looking towards this person because
Penny Spawn - Tomorrow we are looking towards this person because
Penny Innocent - Tomorrow we are looking towards this person because
Dubb Spawn - Tomorrow we are looking towards this person because
Dubb Innocent - Tomorrow we are looking towards this person because

Seems like a nice way to summarize things.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-08-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:58 PM   #988
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

RealDeal claims that he has a special trait of duplicant, decided to duplicate the doc's powers and quick-scanned both Vince and Passacaglia, clearing both. (Our friendly GM tells us that the scan will be accurate.)

I claim that I have verified the veracity of RealDeal's claim.

Old 09-08-2005, 06:59 PM   #989
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Who lets us out if both you and King are in there?

I dont know, dont think thats in the rules so i wouldnt worry about getting locked in
Demotivation
Old 09-08-2005, 06:59 PM   #990
Bek
High School JV

Quote:

i too would agee on this...but since it is out there it will play a role(if it hasn't already)...not like barkeep can revoke what he said and tell us all to forget about it...it's like telling a jury to not take that evidence into their decision...they may all agree to not use it, but subconsiously they are

--sry for the spelling
Bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:00 PM   #991
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

And the description of RealDeal's actions matches up. Now what are the thoughts behind thinking Vince is guilty?

Old 09-08-2005, 07:01 PM   #992
kingfc22
Head Coach

I'm voting for Vince because I just don't see myself trusting any scans he has from here on out and without that ability he is just a medic which we could promote if needed.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:01 PM   #993
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Who wants to wade through these votes(and unvotes) and find the current count at the moment?

BTW, that would be a bad move Schmidty, I help out the away missions and I'm 100% clean. Think things over before you throw away a vote to lynch an innocent person.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:01 PM   #994
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

The argument is that it's awfully convenient that RealDeal cleared Vince and Passacaglia, and then I cleared Vince.

Old 09-08-2005, 07:02 PM   #995
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Nearly everyone helps out in one way or another. That's not a defense, and we don't know your innocent.

Not to mention, have we gotten a confirmation the Scientist is useful post liftoff?

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-08-2005 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:02 PM   #996
Blade6119
Coordinator

Vince Spawn - We have a clear path for the next few days, and we could win soon
Vince Innocent - We have a clear path for the next few days, and could win soon
Penny Spawn - Nowhere really...hes not connected to anyone really and would leave us at point 1 like marc did
Penny Innocent - Down another guy from night attack and still not sure where to go
Dubb Spawn - We have a clear path for the next few days, and we could win soon
Dubb Innocent - We have a clear path for the next few days, and we could win soon
Demotivation
Old 09-08-2005, 07:03 PM   #997
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
You all die. As the Spawn are not suicidal, even when things are most grim, they will not do this (i.e. it's not an option for them)
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:03 PM   #998
Schmidty
Coordinator

It's just strange to me still that we are having to come up with reasons why Vince and Dubb are spawn (although they may be), but Pennywise is still just skating free. Seems odd.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:03 PM   #999
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks Blade, I'll try to fill in the names for myself.

Old 09-08-2005, 07:04 PM   #1000
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I am not defending Vince, but other than me believing he is a HUGE target, RealDeal's actions appear legit.