Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-29-2005, 02:24 PM   #1451
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
VOTE SALDANA
I've been suspicious of him for awhile now....

What, you had another option at this point? Were you seriously considering throwing a vote on the blessed?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:00 PM   #1452
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Also, he made it a point to ask me and King why we both thought I was going to be the one to die last night....sounds like a subtle way to gather information. Prehaps I was wrong when I jumped the gun last night....

Before the night action last night, I wasn't sure if the other wolf was Kingfc or Saldana. I was asking what you thought of Saldana as a whole and I was also interested in what King had to say because I was leaning towards Saldana being the final wolf, but I wasn't 100% sure. With the killing of King, I obviously saw the light and realized that my initial thoughts were correct and that Saldana was the final wolf.

I'm not sure it really matters, because I don't see the relevance in the claim, but I only asked you why you were so sure you would die, I could have cared less why King would have thought you were gonna die. Saldana was playing pretty hard to get your approval, so I figured there was no way he was going to take you out because you'd be the one that *might* side with him in a vote-off, thus making it a bad play for him to take either you or me out because I had cast suspicion on him.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:29 PM   #1453
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I don't know what else to say at this point. I was the one pushing hardest for RA at the beginning, even after you (Dubb) were doubtful that he was a wolf. I was one of the first to vote for him and never waivered. I'd hope that would count for something. I don't think anything I've done could really be labeled as "wolfish".
Old 11-29-2005, 05:34 PM   #1454
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Apparently I'm talking to a wall here, since I've seen Dubb in here numerous times, but not respond once. Well, thanks dubb for losing the game for us.....
Old 11-29-2005, 05:35 PM   #1455
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Dola. I'm leaving from work, I'm going to try to get on before the lynch, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. If not, well played Saldana, you really pulled the wool over Dubb's eyes.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:48 PM   #1456
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Apparently I'm talking to a wall here, since I've seen Dubb in here numerous times, but not respond once. Well, thanks dubb for losing the game for us.....

You haven't made a post that has made me post. You've had all day man, but you haven't been able to convince me you aren't the wolf.

One question for Saldana, why are you trying to paint a picture where Penny has been a wolf for a while now, when it is obvious that he was just converted during the last night phase if he is the wolf.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:23 PM   #1457
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well I'm heading out and MAY not be back in time for the deadline. My plan WAS to see how they both reacted to having the vote of them today, and how they both reacted to having the vote on the other person. But that may no longer be possible.

UNVOTE PENNYWISESB

VOTE SALDANA

Saldana, you can still try to make a case as there is an off chance I'll be back in time for the deadline. But this vote is based on the fact that you have tried to play Penny as a long time wolf. You haven't even really acknowledged there was a cursed hit, other than to go completely over the top in defending your trying to get me tell you that I thought you were innocent.

You killed King last night for 2 reasons.

1. He claimed you were shooting up his list of suspects. If he was around you were dead tonight. End of story. You thought you had a chance with me.

2. I claimed Penny was the logical choice to be attacked on the night on conversion. Which is true from my standpoint, but the wolves have not played this end game the way I would have and I have to take that into account.

If you are the last villager Saldana, I'm sorry for lynching you tonight, and I'll pay for it with my death as well.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:42 PM   #1458
saldana
Pro Starter

dubb, as far as my reaction when the vote was on me, what else do you want me to say.. i did acknowledge that the cursed was hit two nights ago, and i didnt think i was trying to paint any particular picture of Penny before that point...in fact, if you go back to what i said in post 1447, i specifically say that Penny has been after me since the break started, which is when the cursed was hit, and i havent made any comments about his play before that, except to say he made the same AE vote i made, which is completely meaningless at this point. .

regarding your remark about King and me being on his list of suspects, I have been on everyones list of suspects since i took over for sack, and dont take this personally, but i would take my chances with anyone else in the game before i would take them with you considering our history together

i dont really see your logic in point 2...

not much else more to say, anything else will just be considered desperate ranting...at least i will have comfort in the fact that you lost it for us, not me, my vote is on the wolf.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 06:48 PM   #1459
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, back to your comment about me painting a picture of penny from early in the game....what exactly do you draw from his comment "I've been suspicious of him for awhile now" ....how is that not exactly the same thing you are saying i have done to bring your vote on me?
Old 11-29-2005, 06:49 PM   #1460
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
What is the meaning of life?

in 12 more minutes, it means the wolves win
Old 11-29-2005, 06:51 PM   #1461
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
in 12 more minutes, it means the wolves win
Didn't Neon change the deadline to 9 EST?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 06:58 PM   #1462
kingfc22
Head Coach

Old 11-29-2005, 07:01 PM   #1463
kingfc22
Head Coach

So is NC here to announce who won?
Old 11-29-2005, 07:01 PM   #1464
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
In post number 1441 -- on this page.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:02 PM   #1465
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
In post number 1441 -- on this page.

Bahh. I don't want to wait another hour.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:09 PM   #1466
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army

if it werent for the fact that i know who wins thanks to Dubb buying Penny's BS (even though he never made a case against me) i would be bent about this...i only get to use the site between 7:30 and 8:30, so i will have to wait until 1:30 am when i get home to read about penny eating dubb for dinner.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:20 PM   #1467
saldana
Pro Starter

since i still have 45 minutes before i die, i will hope dubb gets back in time to not screw up and point this out....we know you are the blessed...going into last nights wolf action the following roles were still out there (possibly):

blessed : Dubb
Wolf : any of the 3 left
Villager: any of the 3 left
Duke: any of the 3 left

I came right out and said i was not the Duke, so if the remaining wolf believed me, or even if he wanted to take a shot in the dark, he killed the other of us....or with names included....Penny killed king because King he thought King was the Duke, and had to make sure he wouldnt be able to use his transfer of the lynch tonight.

Also, Penny killed king because he knew that you have suspected me since i joined the game and figured how easy it would be to get you to vote for me tonight (looks like he was right). he didnt even have to put up an argument for it, you were ready to vote for me with out anyone saying anything, and he knew it from some of your previous posts....why should he have eaten me last night when it would be so easy to get you to do it today.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:59 PM   #1468
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 11-29-2005, 08:02 PM   #1469
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast

I have to echo this thoughts...well said
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:11 PM   #1470
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Well I'm heading out and MAY not be back in time for the deadline. My plan WAS to see how they both reacted to having the vote of them today, and how they both reacted to having the vote on the other person. But that may no longer be possible.

UNVOTE PENNYWISESB

VOTE SALDANA

Saldana, you can still try to make a case as there is an off chance I'll be back in time for the deadline. But this vote is based on the fact that you have tried to play Penny as a long time wolf. You haven't even really acknowledged there was a cursed hit, other than to go completely over the top in defending your trying to get me tell you that I thought you were innocent.

You killed King last night for 2 reasons.

1. He claimed you were shooting up his list of suspects. If he was around you were dead tonight. End of story. You thought you had a chance with me.

2. I claimed Penny was the logical choice to be attacked on the night on conversion. Which is true from my standpoint, but the wolves have not played this end game the way I would have and I have to take that into account.

If you are the last villager Saldana, I'm sorry for lynching you tonight, and I'll pay for it with my death as well.

I'm glad you came to your senses Dubb.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:22 PM   #1471
kingfc22
Head Coach

still no conclusion

DUN DUN DUN
Old 11-29-2005, 08:24 PM   #1472
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I have to echo this thoughts...well said

thirded
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:51 PM   #1473
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Just got back, wonder if I f'ed this up?
Old 11-29-2005, 09:03 PM   #1474
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Sorry, a bit late.

saldana - pennywisesb, dubb93
pennywisesb - saldana

You tie saldana up with ropes. He struggles and starts pleading for his life, but you do not listen. You tie a noose around his bare neck and hang him. dubb93, you patiently wait for him to turn into a werewolf, but he doesn't... you slowly turn to pennywisesb, and you see him smiling. The last words you ever say are "Good lord..." before pennywisesb changes into a werewolf and starts devouring you.

The small village will be nothing more but an anecdote in the history of a small town, and that town is but a speck in that of a nation. However, it is in that small village, that the Return of the Wolves occured. They will soon run rampant and their numbers will grow once again.

Player List:
pennywisesb - Werewolf, Winner
saldana - Villager, lynched Day 8
dubb93 - Villager, killed Day 8
st.cronin - Witness, killed Day 6
kingfc22 - Villager, killed Day 7

Raiders Army - Werewolf, lynched Day 7
Passacaglia - Herbalist, lynched Day 1

hoopsguy - Villager, lynched Day 5
RPI-Fan - Villager, lynched Day 3
ardent enthusiast - Seer, died Night 4
SnDvls - Werewolf, lynched Day 2
McSweeny - Villager, lynched Day 4
Mr. Wednesday - Villager, killed Night 4
SirFozzie - Villager, killed Night 2
Barkeep49 - Werewolf, lynched Day 6
Blade6119 - Villager, killed Night 3

Full player list will be posted in an hour or so. :P
Old 11-29-2005, 09:03 PM   #1475
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

D'OH!
Old 11-29-2005, 09:34 PM   #1476
kingfc22
Head Coach

dubb - I would have gone the same way.

NC - Was penny a duke/cursed or just cursed?
Old 11-29-2005, 09:35 PM   #1477
Barkeep49
Coordinator

YEAH WOLVES!
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:53 PM   #1478
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Thanks for playing guys. That was fun.

FULL PLAYER LIST w/ ROLES:

kingfc22 - Villager
Raiders Army - Villager (Cursed)
SackAttack - Villager
RPI-Fan - Villager
McSweeny - Villager
SirFozzie - Villager (Cupid)
dubb93 - Villager (Blessed)
Blade6119 - Villager
Mr. W - Villager (Lover)
st.cronin - Witness
Passacaglia - Herbalist (Blessed)
pennywisesb - Duke (Cursed)
ardent enthusiast - Seer (Lover)
hoopsguy - Werewolf (Cunning)
Barkeep49 - Werewolf (Brutal)
SnDvls - Werewolf
Old 11-29-2005, 09:58 PM   #1479
kingfc22
Head Coach

2 cursed and 2 blessed. Very interesting.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:00 PM   #1480
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well we got very lucky as wolves. To not only hit a wolf on our first night but to then get one at the end, when the odds were pretty good that we might have lynched or killed him along the way was nothing less than a near miracle.

I am amazed that my ploy didn't work and hats off to all of the villagers at that point. I thought Ardent had cleared me pretty universally and so my ruse would work. Again hats off.

As for Ardent, thanks for clearing me. If I hadn't blown it, and stayed silent I'd have likely coasted to the end game.

It was a fun game indeed and so great thanks to Neon.

I have the rules done for my new game, which for the most part is a pretty traditional game. I am going to tweak them a little and most likely start sign-ups in the next day or so for a Monday of next week start.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:06 PM   #1481
SackAttack
Head Coach

I would say dubb screwed the pooch on one count: saldana replaced me, and I had to drop out due to time constraints. Someone else pointed out I was pretty much skating free. If I was a wolf in that situation, would I have dropped out?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:15 PM   #1482
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

YES! Sorry dubb. We had that thing completely won until RA attacked me and changed me from the duke into a wolf. I was pretty pissed at that point, but decided to try my best to pull off the win. Saldana, well played, I tried my best to get Dubb's suspicion level up on you and apparently it worked. Great game Neon.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:16 PM   #1483
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
If I was a wolf in that situation, would I have dropped out?

Thats alittle unfair. How would we know that? Honestly, I thought Saldana could have been a wolf until RA attacked me....

Last edited by pennywisesb : 11-29-2005 at 10:16 PM.
pennywisesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:35 PM   #1484
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
I would say dubb screwed the pooch on one count: saldana replaced me, and I had to drop out due to time constraints. Someone else pointed out I was pretty much skating free. If I was a wolf in that situation, would I have dropped out?

And as you read the thread you will realize that the only wolf left at one point was RA, and he hit a cursed on his last night. Thus I had to figure out which one of the previous innocents was converted. It had nothing to do with anything prior to the point when the last cursed was hit. Saldana just seemed too desperate, and it didn't help that he cast the LAST vote for RA.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:38 PM   #1485
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

So who the hell all did Ardent view, I bet he was laughing pretty hard as I tried to make sense of his play.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:50 PM   #1486
Barkeep49
Coordinator

My guess is he viewed Wednesday on Night 1. Other than that I truly have no clue.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:17 PM   #1487
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

IIRC ardent viewed RPI.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:22 PM   #1488
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Thats alittle unfair. How would we know that? Honestly, I thought Saldana could have been a wolf until RA attacked me....

Like I say, for saldana to have been a wolf would mean I would have had to have been a wolf. Do you think I would have dropped out if I'd had a 'good' role instead of vanilla villager? That's all I'm sayin'.

Maybe I would've, but bein' the bad guy is so much fun that I probably would have at least tried to stay in instead of throwing in the towel.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:49 PM   #1489
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Ah now I remember. It was hoopsguy viewed on Night 0, I think ardent was looking to weed out hoopsguy's compatriots.

RPI was Night 1.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:03 AM   #1490
kingfc22
Head Coach

If AE knew hoops was a wolf from the beginning he sure didn't do a good job getting it out there IMO.

Congrats wolfies, you are going down next game.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:44 AM   #1491
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
If AE knew hoops was a wolf from the beginning he sure didn't do a good job getting it out there IMO.

Congrats wolfies, you are going down next game.

I agree that ardent got far too fancy with his role. It'd be great to be able to pick off, say 2 wolves, but the whole dreamweaver thing was just too far-fetched.

Nevertheless, he did do a nice job of getting hoops lynched.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:44 AM   #1492
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

It's amazing that we still almost won after hanging our herbalist (blessed, no less!) on day 1 and then trying to hang our seer (and losing both lovers in the process). That was a great run by the villagers at a time when a single misstep would have meant the game.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 11-30-2005, 12:45 AM   #1493
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

ardent was hamstrung both by being the lover and by us hanging the herbalist. I understand why he was trying to play it the way he did.

Old 11-30-2005, 12:46 AM   #1494
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

BTW, I thought it was a great sense of humor on Foz's part to select ardent and Schmidty as the lovers and absolutely hilarious that I was then the one who stepped into Schmidty's shoes. Result - both of the people ardent has resolved to kill wind up chained to him!

Old 11-30-2005, 12:48 AM   #1495
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
That was a great run by the villagers at a time when a single misstep would have meant the game.

I agree. I thought this one of the best WW games I have been involved with. I find it slightly humerous that 2 of the last 3 villagers alive wanted each other dead during the middle of the game.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:02 AM   #1496
saldana
Pro Starter

as far as casting the last vote for RA goes, i made my availablity for the game public knowledge several times...nothing against anyone in particular, but i am getting a little tired of players holding peoples real life schedules as reason for suspicion when the constraints are advertised...its different if you dont say when you are out of the game, but when it is public knowledge i think it is a little weak.

and as far as the end game goes, i think what i said about why king was killed was 100 percent correct (comment please pennywise)...there was no way dubb was going to vote for anyone but me..christ, he was saying he was suspicious of me when i had only been in the game for an hour...it was obvious to everyone including me that nothing i could have said or done would have gotten dubb to vote for penny.

good job wolves!!
Old 11-30-2005, 01:05 AM   #1497
saldana
Pro Starter

hey barkeep, what time is your day action deadline going to be? just asking so i can bug the IT guy at work to change my internet window so i can play without missing the vote.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:09 AM   #1498
Vince
Pro Starter

Well done, everyone. That was a blast to read through. My thoughts as an observer...

Hitting Passacaglia with the bandwagon on accident on day one was horrible for the villagers. About halfway through the day, I came to the conclusion that he had to be telling the truth (regardless of RPI's bluster )...which meant that he was pretty much screwed within a day or two anyways. If he remained alive, at least a few people would have remained suspicious of him, and if he died, well then he was dead. Horrible luck.

I was completely floored by ardent's attack on Hoops -- it seemed totally out of left field, and I thought Hoops was playing the villager role to the hilt. His attack of 'if you weren't a wolf, you'd have been dead by now' was the perfect play, I thought. When he came out with the dreamweaver story, my BS meter was off the charts, but I was pretty convinced that he was a good guy -- after a little consideration, I had a hunch, and it turned out to be correct. I think the dreamweaver play was perfect -- keep the wolves off your back while convincing fellow villagers to do what is correct. Not bad at all. I think Ardent did a very good job with very little to work with.

About halfway through, I thought the Wolves were coasting on easy street, and then Barkeep and Dubb started going at it hardcore. My initial reaction was that they were both wolves, and trying to gain one virtual immunity throughout the rest of the game. A few minutes later, I realized that one of them had to be the Brutal Wolf, and was hoping for a 4-1 swing -- lynch innocent, kill innocent, lynch Brutal Wolf/kill innocent, kill innocent again that night. The Wolf Homerun, as it were, which I think would have ended the game for the villagers. Even with a miss, he still got two villagers at his expense. I think his move was well done, and it almost worked to perfection.

Very interesting endgame...not sure how any of them could have played it differently. Pennywise had the luck of not having to change his style of play at all -- he was a villager for 90% of the game, so there wasn't really anything incriminating for people to pull on him. I think if you re-run today's events 10 times, you get 5 villager wins and 5 wolf wins.

Good job guys.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:21 AM   #1499
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

IMHO, if Barkeep had not challenged dubb, he could have coasted and protected RA straight to the finish. dubb was completely sold on Barkeep being a villager anyway, and Barkeep could have swung the vote towards saldana, kingfc22 or penny. stcronin was probably going to go with dubb and Barkeep... and RA would have been able to put in the key vote.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:59 AM   #1500
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well, for maybe the first time ever no one got pissed at me...that means im starting to be a better villager i guess...even if i did get killed by the damn wolves

Good game
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote