Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
DanGarion
Coordinator

Chelsea Baker Can Strike Out Your Son

Pretty neat little video this girl that could probably strike most of us out with her knuckleball.

DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It's nice to see Hulk Hogan coaching her team.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Cool story.

I think the rise of fastpitch softball has severely limited the chances of many girls seriously considering baseball these days, though. At her age (and certainly when she was younger), her size is a huge factor in her success. I know that's the case with my daughter. She turns 11 in two weeks and throws 48-50 MPH (fastpitch).

I've seen a couple dozen 10 year old girls who could easily play little league. They might not dominate, but they could hold their own. It's just a matter of the track they're put on early in life. If you have coed t-ball, you split into boys and girls from that point. And here, we don't even have coed t-ball. In Florida where Caitlin started, we did.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I heard an interview with her on the radio. She seems a sweet girl. I hope she does well. Throwing at 65mph at 13, with a knuckler, gives her a good chance to get at least through high school. Probably college.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Just depends on how she grows. Girls tend to grow faster, then get overtaken by the boys. But she's obviously got a head start, and learning a unique pitch that doesn't require an 85+ MPH arm is a pretty brilliant strategy to prolong her ability to play against boys.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote