Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-02-2005, 12:26 AM   #1
Vince
Pro Starter

Niners - Chargers

First off, incredible game.

Second off -- who in the heck is this Cleo Lemon kid who is the Chargers' 3rd string QB? Now, I know it's the 49ers, and it's their 3rd, 4th, xth-stringers...but man does he look good. 12/14, 145, 2 TDs. Some of the throws he's made have been phenomenal -- one was a 30+ Yard TD strike that was on the money as he was running away from the pass rush. He just orchestrated a 50-yard TD drive in under a minute with no timeouts, including a 20 yard scramble to put the Chargers on the 10 yard line. The most remarkable thing, I think, is his composure. He just looks completely unfazed out there.

Anyone heard anything about him?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 12:41 AM   #2
sooner333
College Starter

If I remember correctly, he was the Arkansas State QB from earlier this decade...of course, I might not be remembering correctly.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 02:03 AM   #3
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333
If I remember correctly, he was the Arkansas State QB from earlier this decade...of course, I might not be remembering correctly.
Apparently your memory holds true young grasshopper.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/316202
Old 09-02-2005, 08:59 AM   #4
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
First off, incredible game.

Second off -- who in the heck is this Cleo Lemon kid who is the Chargers' 3rd string QB? Now, I know it's the 49ers, and it's their 3rd, 4th, xth-stringers...but man does he look good. 12/14, 145, 2 TDs. Some of the throws he's made have been phenomenal -- one was a 30+ Yard TD strike that was on the money as he was running away from the pass rush. He just orchestrated a 50-yard TD drive in under a minute with no timeouts, including a 20 yard scramble to put the Chargers on the 10 yard line. The most remarkable thing, I think, is his composure. He just looks completely unfazed out there.

Anyone heard anything about him?

My buddy's made it out to the training camps in town -- everyone cheers for him during practice drills. He was actually activated on roster last year as the 4th stringer, during that whole debacle regarding the QB situation.

Sadly, they talked about him yesterday about the possibility for him to see some playing time this season, and more than likely, he won't see anything. Though, this pre-season has by far been the most playing time he's seen.
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:57 AM   #5
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

A bit of irony is the fact that I believe he was the starting QB for Arkansas State in Philip Rivers's first game as a freshman at NC State in 2000. Rivers rallied State to a win that night (yes, they had to rally to beat Arkansas State...at home no less) and thus began his journey to a stellar four-year college career.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:05 PM   #6
Vince
Pro Starter

My dad's sitting on the couch telling me how the Niners should trade for him, dump Rattay, and start Lemon.

Now, I'm not that big a fan, but the kid did look good. It's sad that he's got to be behind such high profile guys -- I'd like to see what he can do at a full-speed NFL environment.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:20 PM   #7
finketr
College Prospect

start him for one year and then alex smith takes over at the niners..

does that make sense?
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:23 PM   #8
rkmsuf
Head Coach

no.

just play smith and be done with it. they stink either way. maybe they won't stink as much next year with smith getting experience.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:25 PM   #9
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
no.

just play smith and be done with it. they stink either way. maybe they won't stink as much next year with smith getting experience.

But they'll stink more next year if Smith is dead from his shell of an offensive line.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:35 PM   #10
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
But they'll stink more next year if Smith is dead from his shell of an offensive line.

bah. run the ball, get creative, get him out there. that's just an excuse. rattay is a total waste of time now.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:39 PM   #11
rkmsuf
Head Coach

dola

this idea that you take a qb #1 overall and then he sits is a new thing lately with peyton manning, drew bledsoe, troy aikman, john elway. they all were right in there.