Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
Galaxy
Coordinator

Copying Excel tables to Word

I've been trying to copy some Excel spreadsheet tables (each of them are rather large in terms of width) and past them into a report on Word. I can't figure out how to get the tables to fit within the space of the page; any ideas on what to do?

(I got XP Pro for both.)

Last edited by Galaxy : 05-20-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Not sure if this really answers your question, but

If it is a chunk of data from a spreadsheet, copy from Excel.
In Word, choose the arrow under the paste icon (on the home tab), and choose paste special.

You'll have several options to pick from. You can insert as am Excel object, or as a picture.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I've been trying to copy some Excel spreadsheet tables (each of them are rather large in terms of width) and past them into a report on Word. I can't figure out how to get the tables to fit within the space of the page; any ideas on what to do?

(I got XP Pro for both.)

It's best to format it within excel first. if you highlight all the columns then change the width of one of em, then all of em will change to that. Alternatively you can double click on one of the end of width column separators with all the columns you want highlighted and it will reduce each column to the max length needed to fit whatever's in there.

So if you've reduced the cell width in excel then it will fit into word better. YOu can do this with tables in word but it's harder.

One thing you might want to do in word is change the page setup orientation to Landscape instead of portrait. That makes thinkgs wider horizontally. perfect for spreadsheets like that.

The cells in excel translate directly into a table in word. So everything is table formatting. you want to get the 4directional to be the cursor and then right click, then you can do table formatting like centering and justification and borders and colors and further width adjustments. Older versions of word/excel made things hell but these versions made different things hell
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote