H.S. Freshman Team

I'm in.

Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:38 PM   #52
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Hoops, can I sign up and then potentially drop before the game starts if I don't have enough time to commit?

Sure, this is not an official sign-up, since I don't know when the actual date will be and you don't have a complete set of rules to help make the decision. It is more intended as a gauge of interest - I'm hoping to get 25 or so players, and will size the game based on interest. Also, if you are interested then please consider a couple of character options and PM those to Tyrith and me. Thanks.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:41 PM   #53
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - I've had a couple of others who have expressed interest, while knowing that there are specific periods of time that aren't going to work. No worries ... nothing binding in expressing interest.

As it sits right now, I'm 3rd in the queue - assuming both of the people in front of me run their games rather than moving down the list I'll probably be starting on 9/29 or the following Monday. I could potentially run it as early as 9/22 (depending on work schedule) but there is no way that I'll be running this game before then. Hope this helps a little for people who are concerned about schedules.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #54
path12
Coordinator

I'm going to be in, but you can surprise me with a character.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:39 AM   #55
hoopsguy
General Manager

For those who are interested in playing, let Tyrith and me know (by PM) if you would be interested in playing Apocalypse, Silver Surfer, or Moon Knight.

These characters will be at the top of the "public roles" food chain, meaning that they will have the ability to issue orders in a manner similar to that found in the Spawn games.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 09-05-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #56
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post #44 has been updated to show create status of player requests, as well as the full list of player requests (plus some GM-created dummy requests).

Also, I'm hoping to have an updated set of rules - probably 80-90% complete - posted by the end of the week. Just a matter of finishing the typing at this point, as well as the inevitable small tweaks as I put the ideas on my head onto paper (well, Notepad doc).
Old 09-06-2008, 10:53 PM   #57
hoopsguy
General Manager

For those who have not submitted a name, take a look at the names in Post #44 and let me (and Tyrith) know five candidates that would be appealing to you. I'm guessing that you'll find a name in that submitted list that remains available for you to play.

This is equally applicable for anyone who may have submitted names but is experiencing "buyers remorse" after seeing the other requests.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:49 PM   #58
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Stiltman FTW!
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #59
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Stiltman FTW!

Heh - suffice it to say that I've been surprised by a few of the requests.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #60
Autumn
Head Coach

I really hope I'll be able to play. Unfortunately our move to Maine will be happening right around the turn of hte month so it seems I may end up missing out.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #61
hoopsguy
General Manager

Autumn, it looks like start date for this one is going to be 10/6.

Also, I'm considering having the sign-ups for this game be "in the dark" as well. I'm putting out invites to a couple of old timers that would like to completely bush-whack the current regulars while playing under assumed (hero/villain) names. So not only wouldn't you be able to associate them with the name, but you wouldn't have any idea that SkyDog was playing the game.

Oops - did I just type that?

Anyway, I don't want to give too big an advantage here, so I'm going to do one of two things:
1.) Keep a couple of "moderator exceptions" that will be signed up as "Player X", "Player Y", "Player Z"
2.) Allow all players to just PM me with their intent to play once the official sign-up thread goes up, likely near end of next week

I do recognize that there is a slight disadvantage to the 15 or so people who have expressed interest in the thread already, but there are no assuranaces that the schedule is going to work for you, that you are going to like the ruleset, etc. So even if you were intent on playing earlier, who knows if you would make it into the game now that we are looking at 10/6 for the start date.

If people have strong thoughts on these options, now is the time to share them with me.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:46 PM   #62
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

why is there a disadvantage? you going to put a hard cap on the game?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #63
hoopsguy
General Manager

No hard cap on game. Slight disadvantage would be "hmm, of the 25 players in the game, I saw DT sign up in the original thread. Odds are he is one of the 25 players, so what hero/villain would he be?"

This is compared to "hmm, of the 25 players in the game, 15 of them signed up in the pre-game thread, so who the heck are those other 10+ players, let alone what name are they using?"

I think the disadvantage is very, very small but I wanted to talk through my thought process on it and give people time to chime in now, if they felt strongly one way or the other.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:45 PM   #64
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Honestly I think certain players have distinctive playing habbits so I think that's the best identifier.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:38 PM   #65
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm just glad I get to be moderator, otherwise I would be an easy one to pick out
Old 09-20-2008, 04:38 PM   #66
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I'm wondering what kind of signature files we are going to see with the heroes?
Old 09-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #67
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

i like cheese?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:30 PM   #68
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

SMASH ?
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:12 AM   #69
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Sucks if Autumn can't play. He kicked arse in the Rome game.

Anyone who fails to spot me within a day clearly won't have been paying attention, or, *shock* won't know who I am.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:36 AM   #70
Autumn
Head Coach

Aw, shucks. If it starts around the 6th I'm going to try to play. I'll have been in the new house for a week, so while it will still be crazy to try, it might be doable.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #71
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
SMASH ?

Old 09-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #72
RendeR
Coordinator

You people will never figure out who I am. It won't happen. in fact I'll start a pool. Select the post number that nails me (announces this person is RendeR) and the closes player wins a prize. (prizes based on winner and funds available at the time)

PM me with your picks =)

Last edited by RendeR : 09-22-2008 at 06:42 PM.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #73
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I meant that for you Schmidty. I would NEVER steal such a renowned line.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #74
hoopsguy
General Manager

Rules are done, submitted for co-moderator review. Looking to post sign-ups on Friday/Saturday of this week.

Since it is a fairly intense ruleset, I want to have that week leading up as an opportunity for people to ask questions - either in thread or via PM/IM/e-mail.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:01 PM   #75
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm so excited for this game.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:39 PM   #76
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'm so excited for this game.

Me too. Here is a new concept I'm introducing that I haven't discussed publicly yet. I've been working on the details of these tonight and having a blast doing it.

Mission Action:>>
- as a general rule, there will be one mission per day
- participation in "mission action" precludes use of other "special actions" during day/night cycle
- players who participate on a mission will PM the moderator the amount of energy they want to use to help make the mission a "success"
- missions may involve competition between factions, or a pre-set amount of energy needed to complete a mission
- each mission will involve either rewards for the winners or some sort of penalty for failure

More to come later this week
Old 09-23-2008, 10:44 PM   #77
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ooh! that's cool!!! me likey!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote