Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-07-2020, 04:10 PM   #1751
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I wonder if the folks that complained about the halftime show have ever been to Miami.

This.

One of the most amusing things about watching the coverage leading up to the game was the weird camera angles the shows were using to try to avoid the bikini shots that are unavoidable on South Beach. The halftime show was similar to shows I remember watching in club/restaurants on South Beach but on a grander scale.

The game is in Tampa next year. We’ve had the sexy performances of Maroon 5, and now J-Lo/Shakira. I guess it is back to Coldplay.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 02-07-2020 at 04:11 PM.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:13 PM   #1752
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
dola

Garrett earns an indefinite ban.

All that means is that you're done for this year, plus we have to think about if and when how much more you get.

I'm thinking that sometime before next year he'll get the chance to come back. Clearly it needs more time to play out.

So about that prediction...

Myles Garrett reinstated after indefinite suspension - NFL.com

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:34 PM   #1753
Kodos
Resident Alien

I was doing laundry and stuff during the halftime show. Guess I missed out.
Old 02-12-2020, 03:23 PM   #1754
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

Damn it, my shocked face is in for repairs
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:32 PM   #1755
RendeR
Coordinator

Has anyone else seen or heard more on the possible Tampa Uniform change?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:20 PM   #1756
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Has anyone else seen or heard more on the possible Tampa Uniform change?

Please be the creamcicles!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:03 PM   #1757
miami_fan
Coordinator

Are the Redskins and the NFL really going to allow Jordan Reed to go back on the field?

This feels like the Chris Bosh situation with the Heat but I am not sure the football team or the NFL are protecting Reed from himself and keeping him off the field.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 02-19-2020, 09:41 PM   #1758
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think they just need to pass his physical so they can cut him.

Another playoff team. Oh boy! So we’d have added PIT@KC and LAR @ GB last year. Did we need to see those games? How about all the tiebreakers that were necessary for week 17 in the event we had multiple 8-8 AFC teams.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:19 PM   #1759
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

Another playoff team. Oh boy! So we’d have added PIT@KC and LAR @ GB last year. Did we need to see those games? How about all the tiebreakers that were necessary for week 17 in the event we had multiple 8-8 AFC teams.

The NFL is voluntarily saturating its own market. Their push to become a year round league has killed my interest and another regular season game and more playoff teams isn't going to fix it.

Why the hell are we still a month away from Free Agency starting and over 2 away from the draft? Why is the combine becoming a prime time event and why the hell does a 7 round draft take 3 days?

I miss missing football.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 12:10 AM   #1760
molson
General Manager

I'm really becoming a grumpy old man sports fan. I hate all of these playoff format changes.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:32 AM   #1761
spleen1015
Coordinator

The thing that caught my eye the most in this latest news about the NFL's CBA is part of the deal being the players are going from getting 47% of the revenue to 48.5%.

That 1.5% increase means the players are going to get $5 billion more a year.

1.5% of the NFL's revenue is FIVE BILLION DOLLARS!
Old 02-20-2020, 06:41 AM   #1762
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:

Beyond being a Rams fan, those both would have been compelling games. However, I agree it dilutes the playoffs.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 08:34 AM   #1763
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The NFL's playoff format worked so well. Strong incentive to get #1 overall seed (homefield). Strong incentive to get #2 overall seed (bye week). Strong incentive to win your division (home game). And 2 wildcards were few enough that they meant something, but also enough to keep most teams mathematically in it until week 15 or so.

Now that the difference between the 2, 3, and 4 seeds won't mean much (homefield, but no bye week), I could see less teams invested in the end of the season.

Is that worth it so that some 5-9 team can "still be mathematically alive for the 7-seed" in week 16? No, it isn't.

But I guess the revenue from one extra playoff game dwarfs every other consideration. I mean, I'm bitching now, but am I going to watch the 13-3 Chiefs hosting the 7-9 Jaguars in the 2 vs. 7 AFC playoff game in a few years? Yeah, probably. NFL wins again.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 08:45 AM   #1764
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
The thing that caught my eye the most in this latest news about the NFL's CBA is part of the deal being the players are going from getting 47% of the revenue to 48.5%.

That 1.5% increase means the players are going to get $5 billion more a year.

1.5% of the NFL's revenue is FIVE BILLION DOLLARS!

I think you have an extra zero or two there. Total revenue is approximately 16bn and the part split among the players and owners is less than that
Old 02-20-2020, 08:47 AM   #1765
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I think you have an extra zero or two there. Total revenue is approximately 16bn and the part split among the players and owners is less than that

I was just quoting the below tweet.

Old 02-20-2020, 10:49 AM   #1766
JPhillips
General Manager

That reads like it means, "for the full length of the CBA."
Old 02-20-2020, 03:40 PM   #1767
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
But I guess the revenue from one extra playoff game dwarfs every other consideration. I mean, I'm bitching now, but am I going to watch the 13-3 Chiefs hosting the 7-9 Jaguars in the 2 vs. 7 AFC playoff game in a few years? Yeah, probably. NFL wins again.

I appreciate this level of self awareness.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:47 PM   #1768
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'm generally for moar football.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:05 PM   #1769
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Ah the 5bn extra is over 10 years so like 300K/player extra per year or thereabouts. Seems reasonable
Old 02-21-2020, 06:51 AM   #1770
JPhillips
General Manager

Greg Robinson is sitting in jail after getting caught at the border with 156.9 lbs of weed.

Solid start to the off-season Cleveland.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:02 PM   #1771
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

I just listened to the Luck podcast series on the Athletic Football Show feed. I did not realize there was a press conference scheduled for the retirement announcement the next day. He got it first, was right and that's the job. But man I really hate that Schefter couldn't allow Luck to have 12-15 hours to do it on his terms.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:27 PM   #1772
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I just listened to the Luck podcast series on the Athletic Football Show feed. I did not realize there was a press conference scheduled for the retirement announcement the next day. He got it first, was right and that's the job. But man I really hate that Schefter couldn't allow Luck to have 12-15 hours to do it on his terms.

I have no problems with the press actually doing their jobs. They owe Andrew Luck nothing.