Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2010, 05:17 PM   #151
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
You know you're a text-sim geek when: You create NBA 2K10 draft files from your FBCB career. There is no hope for me. Seriously, created 2 draft files, each one took like 3-4 hours.

I didnīt do it for a whole class but a few "legends" from my various save games allways get created a couple at a time
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #152
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I'd be glad to beta-test/do anything else to help out the process. FBCB was amazing & I can't wait for the next one.

I just re-read the whole thread and it was very interesting. Another issue that wasn't addressed was the amount of turnovers. I just re-installed the game on a new PC so I don't have any stats in front of me. I recall the amount of turnovers being consistently high for most teams. Perhaps I'm mis-remembering, but I remember many games where both teams had 20+ turnovers.

My favorite thing about FBCB was when I suggested that HR add a "conference RPI" screen and he did. I still get all giddy every time I click on that screen

Can't wait for the new game!
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #153
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I just realized that FBCB has tied the record with Civ2 for the longest I have played a single version of a game (7 years). That is saying a lot.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #154
Emmett13
College Starter

Whenever I see this thread get bumped, I get all giggly.
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #155
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Fast Break Basketball Forum :: View topic - Timeline for release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyreign
I'm doing everything in my power to get it done this month.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:44 PM   #156
path12
Coordinator

Uh-oh. Emmett's gonna get all giggly again.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:07 PM   #157
Emmett13
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Uh-oh. Emmett's gonna get all giggly again.

Sadly that was me asking the question. However.

*GIGGLE*
Old 03-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #158
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I am in my 13th season of playing Western Carolina and have took them from a prestige 18 to prestige 76. I can't stop playing, it's the best "one more turn" game (after Civ) there is.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #159
Emmett13
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I am in my 13th season of playing Western Carolina and have took them from a prestige 18 to prestige 76. I can't stop playing, it's the best "one more turn" game (after Civ) there is.

Quit with playing with my heart (and my giggle muscle) like that!
Old 03-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #160
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

I think youll be happy that the "one more turn" feeling hasnt changed a bit in the new version.

Last edited by muns : 03-14-2010 at 07:55 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #161
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

Sorry if it is posted somewhere and I missed it, but I assume that draft classes in FBCB2 will still export into FBB. Is this correct?
pbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:00 AM   #162
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I haven't changed the code that is used for the exports so they will work the same as in FBCB.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:17 PM   #163
Emmett13
College Starter

If this game could just come out tonight or something, so I have something to hold me over until thursday's games. That would be...giggly.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #164
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

There will be a 1 season demo posted first to try and catch any remaining issues.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #165
Emmett13
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
There will be a 1 season demo posted first to try and catch any remaining issues.

Sounds like a smart plan.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:24 AM   #166
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am very frustrated with my game right now. I am playing as Cornell, have all 3 star players and a prestige of around 40. I go about 12-2 every non conference schedule playing teams with similar prestige ratings with a few tune ups and a few elite road games mixed in. Once I get into conference play I lose to teams with sub .500 records and end up going 5-9 in conference play. It just feels wrong to win easily OOC then get smoked by 20 a game in conference.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:25 AM   #167
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

FWIW I am with Bucc, this is the only game I play pretty much constantly. Can't wait for version 2.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #168
Galaril
Pro Starter

great to see this coming very soon
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #169
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So playing in the Ivy League with no conference tourny. How do I have the identical conference record and regular season record as Penn, but beat them head to head twice and they get in the NCAA?
Old 03-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #170
whomario
Pro Starter

propably too late, but game logs (and maybe monthly splits) for players would be real nice
Old 03-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #171
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am very frustrated with my game right now. I am playing as Cornell, have all 3 star players and a prestige of around 40. I go about 12-2 every non conference schedule playing teams with similar prestige ratings with a few tune ups and a few elite road games mixed in. Once I get into conference play I lose to teams with sub .500 records and end up going 5-9 in conference play. It just feels wrong to win easily OOC then get smoked by 20 a game in conference.
I've having similar issues playing as Radford right now. I think the hardest part of the game is getting out of the 40-50 prestige area.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #172
whomario
Pro Starter

oh, and has anybody got any idea on this one :

When listing the season stat leaders it lists guys starting at 0.1 for everything but minutes, points, boards (double digit leaders) and then also after starting at the leaders just sorts them kind of wrong, same with Points, rebounds, minutes (12,0 / 11,5 / 11,8 / 11,0 / 11,3 f.e.)
Allready tried putting my system into US scheme for dates/time/numbers (which did the trick with other games), no difference.

shooting percentage donīt work either.

Iīm on vista.

Last edited by whomario : 03-19-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #173
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
So playing in the Ivy League with no conference tourny. How do I have the identical conference record and regular season record as Penn, but beat them head to head twice and they get in the NCAA?

I think the game traditionally uses the team with the highest number of overall victories as the tiebreaker, regardless of head to head or other conference specific tiebreakers.

I remember that I had the same thing happen in FOFC FBCB -- I thought I had finally gotten over the hump by having beaten the Syracuse juggernaut head to head and tying them for the Big East crown, but they had more overall wins and got the title. It would suck worse with a tourney bid on the line, I imagine.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #174
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Same number of wins
Old 03-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #175
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
My favorite thing about FBCB was when I suggested that HR add a "conference RPI" screen and he did. I still get all giddy every time I click on that screen

That's the same feeling I get when Brian created version 1.1.2a based on my request to have a Reset Teams button (I think that's what it's called). After playing with Conference Movements for a team, it's so great to reset the conferences back to default (keeping the updated team prestiges). Doing that manually in earlier versions never worked for me.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #176
henry296
College Starter

Quote:

Officially, there should be a 1 game playoff to determine NCAA rep. Maybe Brian can add them for this version.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #177
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
That's the same feeling I get when Brian created version 1.1.2a based on my request to have a Reset Teams button (I think that's what it's called). After playing with Conference Movements for a team, it's so great to reset the conferences back to default (keeping the updated team prestiges). Doing that manually in earlier versions never worked for me.
Where is this button located? I've never seen it before.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #178
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Tools->Edit Current League->Edit: Teams->Reset Defaults (below Conference Alignment on the left)
Old 03-19-2010, 10:11 PM   #179
Emmett13
College Starter

Now that Ok. State's season is over, I don't even want this anymore.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #180
Emmett13
College Starter

Just kidding (Lol haha and all that), still super pumped. This is a 12 month a year game.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #181
Atocep
Coordinator

Might be a little late for this, but it'd be nice to have team efficiency stats such as points per possession, points allowed per possession, along with an average of possessions per game.

Really looking forward to this. It's a guaranteed first day purchase.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:17 PM   #182
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

My two long running dynasties somehow got bugs that keep me from progressing. So I started a new file in anticipation of FBCB2 earlier this week and I'm already 10 seasons in. This game is too addicting.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:07 AM   #183
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
oh, and has anybody got any idea on this one :

When listing the season stat leaders it lists guys starting at 0.1 for everything but minutes, points, boards (double digit leaders) and then also after starting at the leaders just sorts them kind of wrong, same with Points, rebounds, minutes (12,0 / 11,5 / 11,8 / 11,0 / 11,3 f.e.)
Allready tried putting my system into US scheme for dates/time/numbers (which did the trick with other games), no difference.

shooting percentage donīt work either.

Iīm on vista.

Worked it out Had to change the date settings to american in the administrator account as well .

Last edited by whomario : 03-21-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #184
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Officially, there should be a 1 game playoff to determine NCAA rep. Maybe Brian can add them for this version.

Yes, the original FBCB appears to choose the team with the better overall record if there is a tie for the conference lead.

IRL, I believe that there are contingencies for everything up to an eight-way tie, and I think the solution is single-elimination play in every case. In 2002, there was a three-way tie between Penn, Princeton and Yale. Princeton and Yale met in a playoff game for the chance to face Penn in a second playoff game for the title (Penn got a "bye" due to head to head record). Penn then smoked Yale in the second game...
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #185
desmond108
n00b

I just bought FBCB after seeing the endorsements in this thread, especially Buc's comparison to Civ2. So far, the only thing I would recommend is that the new version require you to choose an offer from a limited number of lower ranked teams when starting a new game (similar to closed legacy in CH2K8). Unless I missed the option, it appears that you can step right into any job into the country when first starting the game, which seems a bit unrealistic.
desmond108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #186
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

After you create a new coach head to the Job Offers screen and that's exactly what you'll find there.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #187
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6 View Post
After you create a new coach head to the Job Offers screen and that's exactly what you'll find there.

You can also create yourself, fast sim a year, and youll have offers then as well.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #188
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

where's that demo?
Old 03-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #189
Emmett13
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
where's that demo?

"!

No winky face here, though. I'm serious.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #190
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

To me the original game is so perfect, I don't even need a new version, but will buy it anyway just to support Brian. It is the only game that felt completely fair when I won and felt completely fair when I lost. Just the right amount of challenge and that one more turn feel that others have talked about.
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:10 PM   #191
Emmett13
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding View Post
To me the original game is so perfect, I don't even need a new version, but will buy it anyway just to support Brian. It is the only game that felt completely fair when I won and felt completely fair when I lost. Just the right amount of challenge and that one more turn feel that others have talked about.

Ditto on that. I'd buy it just for the support as well. Playing the game for so long sort of exposed (the very, very few) flaws in it. Such as recruiting foreign players and pressing and trapping for steals. So, if he gets those fixed and adds in a few bells and whistles, I could see myself playing FBCB2 for 10 years.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #192
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

One thing I would like to see is AD expectations change depending on certain situations.

For example, I am playing as Cornell, went to the NCAA last season but 4 of my 5 starters were seniors. I have talent behind them but lack experience, I don't think the expectation should still be compete for conference title after losing so much talent. That just isn't a reasonable expectation in any league.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #193
Emmett13
College Starter

Quote:
One thing I would like to see is AD expectations change depending on certain situations.

For example, I am playing as Cornell, went to the NCAA last season but 4 of my 5 starters were seniors. I have talent behind them but lack experience, I don't think the expectation should still be compete for conference title after losing so much talent. That just isn't a reasonable expectation in any league.

Yeah, that's true too. I'd also like 'contracts', so you can kind of see how many years you have to get the thing back on track.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:21 PM   #194
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Negotiations with assistants could use an overhaul as well. The blind auction method is probably my least favorite part of the game.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #195
SunDevil
College Prospect

HeavyReign,

I am someone who has not played/purchased your first game. I do not watch college basketball and do not watch NBA basketball except for maybe a championship game or two. I am not interested in March madness and have not watched one second of any of the games the past couple of days. I have not filled out any brackets, and besides reading ESPN.com and seeing the headlines, would not know the outcomes.

But I will be purchasing your new game coming out. I will most likely wait a week or two to see how the initial response is to the game, but based on the all the feedback on this thread, I will buy your game and most likely be interested in college basketball because of your game.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.

Last edited by SunDevil : 03-21-2010 at 04:26 PM.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #196
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm still looking forward to this game, more than anything else due out in the near future.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #197
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6 View Post
Negotiations with assistants could use an overhaul as well. The blind auction method is probably my least favorite part of the game.

Never read the first post, eh?
Old 03-21-2010, 04:43 PM   #198
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:

There are lots of teams where the expectations are to compete for a conference title or greater every single year.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #199
whomario
Pro Starter

again propably well too late, but all-defense teams would be neat to have and more than 1 all freshman team wouldnīt be a bad thing either.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #200
Emmett13
College Starter

PAGE 5! I'M OBSESSED, I KNOW.