Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How soon will you take the vaccine?
Day 1 that it's available for me 25 42.37%
First month 13 22.03%
Second month 7 11.86%
Third month or later 12 20.34%
I'm a trout anti-vaxxer 2 3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2021, 11:34 AM   #301
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Second Moderna knocked me out. Chills, headache, etc.

Not as bad as the flu, but worse than a cold.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:07 PM   #302
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I'm scheduled for the 2nd dose of Moderna on a Thursday. Wondering if I shouldn't just plan to be out on Friday as well.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:15 PM   #303
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
I'm scheduled for the 2nd dose of Moderna on a Thursday. Wondering if I shouldn't just plan to be out on Friday as well.

I'm very happy to be lying in bed today. If you can swing it, you should take a preemptive sick day.

Worst case, you feel fine and just have a day off.
Old 04-01-2021, 01:15 PM   #304
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

My wife and I were glad we took the day off after Moderna dose 2

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:22 PM   #305
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Im second-dosed now.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:12 AM   #306
pantera
n00b

Since we're all sharing notes on side effects, this article provides a good summary of what people have been experiencing:

"Don't freak out if you get these side effects from a Covid-19 vaccine. They can actually be a good sign"
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/01/healt...cts/index.html

Important nugget for anyone apprehensive about getting a shot:
Quote:
When it comes to anaphylaxis -- or severe allergic reactions -- "the rate is now around two to five per million," Hotez said. That means about 0.0005% (or less) of those who get a Covid-19 vaccine have a serious, negative response.

The good news is even when severe outcomes do happen, "they usually happen in the first 30 minutes," Hotez said. "That's why vaccine sites keep people there for 15 to 30 minutes afterward -- to make certain they're not having an anaphylactic reaction."

The CDC recommends people who have had a severe allergic reaction to a different vaccine or a history of anaphylaxis stay for 30 minutes after vaccination. Others could leave after 15 minutes. All places administering vaccines must be armed with epinephrine to quickly combat any cases of anaphylaxis, the CDC said.

More than 150 million doses of vaccines had been administered by the end of March. So far, there is no evidence of any death caused by a Covid-19 vaccine, the CDC said.

Last edited by pantera : 04-02-2021 at 08:13 AM.
pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:30 PM   #307
JPhillips
General Manager

Just saw that we've gotten the pace up to a point where we can have 75% of the population vaccinated by the end of July.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:32 PM   #308
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I have my first shot scheduled for 4/8
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:26 AM   #309
miami_fan
Coordinator

In an effort to provide a bit of balance, my wife got her 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday and it is kicking her ass. Headache, aching all over, sore arm, the works.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:24 AM   #310
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Just saw that we've gotten the pace up to a point where we can have 75% of the population vaccinated by the end of July.

So that's like 105% of people who will willingly get it?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:41 AM   #311
pantera
n00b

I'm curious...can we define "sore arm" re: Covid-19 shots?

If you got a sore arm, did the soreness occur immediately, or did it worsen hours later? In other words, do you think the soreness came from the vaccine or from the poor injection technique of the nurse/doctor?

I've had dozens of shots in the last few years for various reasons. Typically, there is slight soreness. I recall my fall 2020 flu shot that did not hurt at all. The nurse's technique was so good I could barely feel the needle. But as stated in my earlier post here, my 2nd Covid shot hurt like hell instantly & stayed that way for over 2 days. The nurse jammed the needle in me. It was akin to a stabbing. So yes, I had a "sore arm" from a Covid shot, but it was the injection technique much more than the vaccine in my case.

Last edited by pantera : 04-03-2021 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:09 PM   #312
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

If I recall right my arm got sore about an hour after the first shot and stayed that way for a couple hours.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:51 PM   #313
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera View Post

I can tell you what it meant in terms of the ones I'm familiar with

My mother basically couldn't lift her arm due to the pain after Moderna #1. "Unusable" is how she described it. More normal post-injection soreness after shot #2. (she also reported "worst case of the flu I've ever had"). I'll also note something I thought was odd: the "knot" at the injection site remained for about three weeks (this will come up again shortly)

My dad was similar, though not quite the same pain level after Moderna #1. (his other symptoms were similar to my mother after #1, both were basically bed-ridden for two days)

My m-in-law ended up insisting on a doctor visit she felt so bad overall after Moderna #1. Whether that was hypochondria or shot-related {shrug} who knows, probably a combination of both. Her arm was sore to the point of limited use of the arm for a couple days. Same odd (to me) thing about the knot remaining for nearly a month after #1. Virtually no symptoms of any sort after dose #2, only normal amount of post-injection soreness for about a day.

My wife had some minor soreness after Moderna #1, otherwise no symptoms. Was gone within 24 hours.

None of them mentioned anything at all about poor injection quality, my m-in-law actually doubted there was anything in the syringe at all after Moderna #1 it was so quick & painless. My mother reported similar about M #1.

*I mention the other reactions in case there's any sort of pattern of what else goes with major soreness, etc.
Old 04-03-2021, 01:25 PM   #314
Ksyrup

I thought the same thing. Neither shot bothered me at all. I thought maybe I'm part of some secret placebo group.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-03-2021, 01:38 PM   #315
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

For me it was like that game you played with your buddies where you took turns punching each other in the shoulder until someone quit. It set in within a couple of hours of the shot for me, got worse on day 2 and subsided on day 3.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:09 PM   #316
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

About the same as BYU. My pain was about an inch below the injection site to my elbow, lasted About 3 days and was quite sore. Also had a small, non- itchy rash for a few days.

Getting shot #2 on Thursday, my wife's b-day.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 03:50 PM   #317
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
About the same as BYU. My pain was about an inch below the injection site to my elbow, lasted About 3 days and was quite sore. Also had a small, non- itchy rash for a few days.

Getting shot #2 on Thursday, my wife's b-day.

I read this wrong. At first I wondered wth they gave you the shot below your elbow.
Old 04-04-2021, 08:10 AM   #318
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

If you got a sore arm, did the soreness occur immediately, or did it worsen hours later? In other words, do you think the soreness came from the vaccine or from the poor injection technique of the nurse/doctor?

I've had dozens of shots in the last few years for various reasons. Typically, there is slight soreness. I recall my fall 2020 flu shot that did not hurt at all. The nurse's technique was so good I could barely feel the needle. But as stated in my earlier post here, my 2nd Covid shot hurt like hell instantly & stayed that way for over 2 days. The nurse jammed the needle in me. It was akin to a stabbing. So yes, I had a "sore arm" from a Covid shot, but it was the injection technique much more than the vaccine in my case.

I didn't feel my shot at all. Later that evening, I felt soreness, not pain, but similar to flu shot. So it came from the shot, not from the Pharmacist's technique.

The second day was when the soreness peaked. It didn't stop me from using my left arm, it didn't hurt. After that, it gradually got better. Think it took 4-5 days before I stopped noticing.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:22 PM   #319
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Current estimation is I'll have to wait 10 more weeks until I get my invitation for vaccination. Despite working in the health care, not being in the primary field of work, I have to wait in line with everybody else. The plus side of having turned 40 in the first half of 2021 does mean I get about 2 weeks priority over everybody aged 18-39. So, yay?
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:42 AM   #320
Butter
Coordinator

Anyone else watch your local news and get endless video shots of people getting injections?

There's a reason people getting needles inserted into them is used for shock value in horror films. We could tone down the footage A TAD. I'm not saying no footage, but maybe not back-to-back 6 people getting shots in file footage while some talking head talks over it. I literally can't look at it. I have no issues getting the shot myself... I'm not saying I love it, but I don't tense up or anything. I just don't need to see it.

Last edited by Butter : 04-05-2021 at 06:43 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:12 AM   #321
pantera
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Current estimation is I'll have to wait 10 more weeks until I get my invitation for vaccination. Despite working in the health care, not being in the primary field of work, I have to wait in line with everybody else. The plus side of having turned 40 in the first half of 2021 does mean I get about 2 weeks priority over everybody aged 18-39. So, yay?
That's a long wait. What state are you in? In RI people over 40 are eligible in about 2 weeks. In MA everyone over 16 is eligible April 19.

Last edited by pantera : 04-05-2021 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:33 PM   #322
Thomkal
Head Coach

Second shot done for me-was a little more noticeably painful this time, but still not painful overall. Arm is feeling a little more sore than it did after the first one, but still not much.

Very quick process today, had filled out a questionnaire before I got there, and only one person waiting on line to be checked in before me. Went right from there to get shot, asked a couple questions, only had to wait 10 mins this time, and done.
Old 04-06-2021, 08:15 PM   #323
Edward64
Head Coach

Getting my second Moderna shot tomorrow. Celebrated by ordering some of those plastic protectors for our vaccination cards.

Wife got her 2nd on Mon. Both kids got their first in the past couple weeks.

Wife said her arm was more itchy +1 day. Seems like a strange side effect but glad it wasn't worse.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:05 AM   #324
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Got my second Pfizer yesterday evening and don't feel out of sorts at all this morning.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:06 AM   #325
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
That's a long wait. What state are you in? In RI people over 40 are eligible in about 2 weeks. In MA everyone over 16 is eligible April 19.
I'm still living in the Netherlands.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:43 PM   #326
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Got my first Pfizer shot today. Next one is scheduled for Cinco de Mayo
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:37 AM   #327
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Moderna number two today. Hoping I don’t have nightmare reactions.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:11 AM   #328
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Wife got the Pfizer shot Tuesday early evening about 90 days after having Covid and she's started experiencing symptoms yesterday morning. I get my second Pfizer shot this evening...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:51 AM   #329
Edward64
Head Coach

+1 day after my Moderna shot. My shoulder was okay yesterday but was pretty sore today so popped an ibuprofen which helped.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:07 PM   #330
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Moderna Caused This Reaction in 82 Percent of People, New Study Says

The is the first time I found vaccine reactions quantitated. Looks like Moderna is more likely to cause side effects.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:50 PM   #331
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I got my pfirst pfizer shot at noon and haven't had any adverse reactions yet
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:04 PM   #332
tarcone
Coordinator

Just found out we get April 14th off work due to concerns of reactions to the 2nd shot of moderna. Happy about that. Hope I dont get sick.

I should mention again that 75% of staff is getting the shot in our school district. There is worry about not enough staffing if a lot get a bad reaction.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15

Last edited by tarcone : 04-09-2021 at 02:00 PM.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:55 PM   #333
Edward64
Head Coach

Feeling like I've taken some antihistamine or NyQuil ... i'm like floating a little.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:49 AM   #334
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Same. Got my second Moderna at noon yesterday. Slept poorly and woke up with aches and chills in the middle of the night. Then woke up for good feeling like I had downed cough syrup. Still achy and very thirsty. Probably going to work from home today.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:19 AM   #335
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Feel totally fine this morning after second moderna. Arm is a little sore. That’s it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:02 AM   #336
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday; slept for about 4 hours afterward and a little soreness today but no other issues.

Parents got their 2nd shot yesterday as well and had no issues.

Wife got her first shot Wednesday, no issues.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:07 PM   #337
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Currently sitting on the couch with a 101 fever, headache and aches as we're 30 hours post-shot. Strangely, my hunger is normal, but I think I've peed 35 times today.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:50 AM   #338
Edward64
Head Coach

I've not been sleeping well since second shot. Not sure if it's related though.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:14 AM   #339
Kodos
Resident Alien

Scheduled for 2nd Pfizer on Monday. Another step toward normal life.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:47 PM   #340
SackAttack
Head Coach

Pfizer #2 yesterday. was fine until around 8pm when I started to get a little foggy headed, and about four hours after that I had the shivers hardcore.

Took a bath, went to bed, and the dog decided he needed to aggressively snuggle me for 8 hours to keep me from shivering. Woke up this morning no longer shivering, but I still feel really warm, and my entire body is achy.

Didn't get out of bed until 1:30, when I decided I should probably eat SOMETHING. debating now whether I wanna go lay back down again or sit up longer.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:27 AM   #341
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'm in the midst of shot #2 vaccine side effects. The struggle is real. More fatigue, more nausea, more light headed ness
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:33 AM   #342
Kodos
Resident Alien

Got Pfizer #2 last night. No problems so far, aside from a mildly sore shoulder.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:41 AM   #343
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh ucking shit ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodoh
godohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodoh
godohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod
US puts a pause on J&J Vaccine due to blood clots

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-13-2021 at 10:41 AM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:01 PM   #344
Butter
Coordinator

I feel like it's not a huge deal if you already got it, but I do wonder how much of a crimp this will put into the total vaccination effort.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:05 PM   #345
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I survived the night after Moderna #2 with just a sore shoulder.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:08 PM   #346
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I feel like it's not a huge deal if you already got it, but I do wonder how much of a crimp this will put into the total vaccination effort.

Hopefully not to this degree:

Old 04-13-2021, 12:18 PM   #347
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

My wife just got Pfizer #2.

So we are both doubled dosed. The next step will be our son once they approve it for 12-16.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:20 PM   #348
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Got Pfizer #2 last night. No problems so far, aside from a mildly sore shoulder.

got my #2 Pfizer on the 8th, ended up with sore joints (especially knees) and fatigue for about 3 days...that was all.

wife got #1 Pfizer after having covid in january and she was full blown sick for 3 days with fevers over 100.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:36 PM   #349
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Heh. I got J&J on Sunday, a hair over 48 hours ago. No side effects, and I'd just remarked to my wife that I can't even detect any soreness in my shoulder...when the breaking news came over both of our phones that NC has agreed to halt giving it. *shurg*

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 04-14-2021 at 08:07 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:35 PM   #350
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Somebody 'splain this to me.

WTF is the Oxford/Astra-Zeneca in that chart?

Is that one that isn't used in the U.S.? Or is it the J&J under a different name globally? Or ???