Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-11-2024, 07:19 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

QB's being pulled from games early

I tried again with the game, I want it to be something I like but still seeing issues.

I'm thinking I have the worst luck as it seems every potentially game turning play when I am calling plays is going against me. Fumbles after big runs in a key moment, penalties on a big stop, holding penalties after a big gain.

Hopefully that's just bad luck so far.

Also seeing that the game doesn't handle defensive holding penalties correctly. On a run the yards should be added to the end of the run but the options are either take the result of the play or get 5 yards and a 1st down from the original line of scrimmage.

But, for purposes of the thread. Has anyone noticed that starting quarterbacks are getting pulled way too often. Played Tampa and they started Trask but with no injury to him Mayfield played the second half. They were ahead of us with Trask playing out of his mind. Mayfield came in and we came back and were a missed field goal at the end of the game away from pulling off the comeback (see the bad luck, as it was a 35 yard field goal where Elliot is almost a guarantee). Played Dallas and they pulled Dak in the 3rd quarter, we were up three scores but Dak wasn't the problem. So far through 9 games I have seen only 2 games where the other team didn't pull their starter and none were injured.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 05:51 AM   #2
Haiku
n00b

I have QB pulled six times in 17 games by either side and all six games are blowouts with a minimum of 20 points difference. Not sure how that holds statistically against the reality.

Last edited by Haiku : 02-12-2024 at 05:52 AM.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 05:14 PM   #3
AlexB
Pro Starter

Honestly the opposite - not seeing backups play enough, QBs or other positions.

And I guess that it what makes it difficult for devs: different players have different expectations of what to us are inarguable realities
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 06:32 PM   #4
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Okay, looking at some of the examples:

Cousins benched in the 3rd quarter but that one was very well deserved, we were up 20 and he was picked 3 times.

Trask was benched at halftime with us trailing big, so they had a big lead. But then Mayfield was put in and we came back to down by one score and Mayfield playing awful but they never put Trask back in even though in the 1st half he was 20 for 23 for 224 yards with 4 touchdowns.

Stafford was taken out at the start of the 4th quarter with us trailing by 8, we scored but missed the 2 point conversion to get to within 2 and the game was still in the balance but the other team never put Stafford back in.

I simmed games and one game had us up 24 in the 2nd half but Tua wasn't pulled. Another sim had us up 21-0 in the 4th and the starter wasn't pulled.
Old 02-13-2024, 06:35 PM   #5
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The majorly confusing one was the Tampa game where they didn't put their starter back in... yet maybe it was very realistic based on how Tampa handled the clock at the end of their playoff game against the Lions. Hmm, could take our last timeout for 4th down with almost 30 seconds left and try, or just walk off the field to lose by one score.