Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2008, 01:36 AM   #101
Aardwolf
n00b

(out of chracter)

I have a last minute obligation which may not keep me from completely being able to post but will slow it down drastically between Tuesday morning and Thursday morning. I should be able to get my actions in without a problem but will not be able to be extremely active during that period.

(/out of character)
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:34 AM   #102
Punisher
High School JV

Sic vis pacem, para bellum. If you want peace, prepare for war.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:57 AM   #103
EmmaFrost
Mascot

I am here to serve our master Apocalypse in bringing his new order to the World.

I see that some are already looking to form teams, old habits die hard for some it seems. While teams may help in the battle to stamp out the traitors amongst us we should remember that our ultimate loyalty belongs with Apocalypse not to these teams. We should not allow inconsequential loyalty between team members to deflect us form hunting out those who seek to overthrow the new regime. Anyone whose stated reason for attacking someone is "because my team is doing it" should be viewed with suspicion, as this is the perfect excuse for traitors to whittle down our numbers.

I would also suggest that thought be given to whether we should be looking to kill someone today in order to start the hunt for the traitors or whether we should marshall our resources for a day. This will mean that we can fully use the talents we have available to hunt down the traitors. I have no qualms killing, or being killed, in the service of our master but we may be wasting resources thrashing around blindly so early. A possible solution to maximise our resources would be for everyone to attack the person before them in the list provided. If we all make token attacks then we can better muster our resources to better pinpoint the cancer which we can then excise.

The drawback with this plan is that we probably delay crushing the rebellion which may give Galactacus the time to strike and we apply no pressure on the traitors today, and gain no useful data to study in later days. The advantages are that we don't remove someone with powers that can be of great benefit to our master Apocalypse and we accumulate energy by making the token attack.

I am normally in favour of taking the direct approach and seeking to resolve a situation as quickly as possible but in this case I think we may be better served by allowing all loyal subjects of Apocalypse the chance to use their multitude of talents to gather information and weed out the traitors.
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:02 AM   #104
Punisher
High School JV

Delaying justice is like asking me to put my shotgun down.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:05 AM   #105
EmmaFrost
Mascot

[OOC]I'll soon be changing tags to IC instead because I hate trying to role play. If we want a no lynch today with suffering an energy loss the way to do it is to attack the person ahead of us in the list with minimal force. I believe that costs 1 EP, while we gain 4 EP after the night phase if we attack someone. If we just don't attack then we only gain 2 EP at night. For that to be workable we need to decide if that's the course we want to follow today though. I'm not particularly pushing the idea just saying that if we want to have a no lynch vote then that's the way to do it.

We've had a lot of success on day ones recently targeting baddies, but this definitely feels like one of those games were there's more to be gained by letting the multiple roles in the game strut their stuff during the night phase (as happened in the Heroes game). The only problem is that I presume there's some sort of time limit on when Galactus eats the world and we might not want to wait around too long sitting on our hands. Day one is the only day we get a free ride with not killing anyone though so it might be worth holding off.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:19 AM   #106
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Delaying justice is like asking me to put my shotgun down.

Oh I know it asking a lot of you boys to stop playing with your toys for a bit and think with your brains instead of your *ahem* weapons but I thought I would try.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:23 AM   #107
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
Oh I know it asking a lot of you boys to stop playing with your toys for a bit and think with your brains instead of your *ahem* weapons but I thought I would try.
Sometimes the law is helpless to act, even when it identifies the guilty. It follows, therefore, that sometimes it is necessary to act ouside the law, to shame its inadequacy, to pursue a natural justice. I'm not talking about vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive. It's a tawdry, emotional response no better than the act that provokes it. I'm talking about... punishment.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:04 AM   #108
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I agree with the freak with the skull on his shirt. Let's send these bastards to Hell.
GhostRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:20 AM   #109
Quicksilver
n00b

Quicksilver checking in.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:33 AM   #110
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

After reading through the rules, Hoopsguy are all of the prelates assumed to be good? Can only good guys be added as Prelates later if one dies? I either missed where that is covered in the rules or it was not mentioned.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:37 AM   #111
hoopsguy
General Manager

All of the Prelates are assumed to be good, in the same way that everyone in the game is presumed to be good As in, be careful what you assume. Remember, the game started with a Prelate (Moon Knight) being captured.

Adding Prelates - the people with the power to name Prelates have the information on how this works in the event of a death. I'll leave it up to them to share those details if they so desire.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:38 AM   #112
hoopsguy
General Manager

Note to self - I really should have registered Uatu, the Watcher for my moderator account
Old 10-06-2008, 07:40 AM   #113
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

On that note, I would be interested in joining a team of likeminded individuals to try to crush the rebellion. I think I would be more interested in joining a team that was focused on using our mental superiority to defeat the rebellion rather than using braun. I feel that way I could put my energies to their best usage.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:40 AM   #114
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
[OOC]I'll soon be changing tags to IC instead because I hate trying to role play. If we want a no lynch today with suffering an energy loss the way to do it is to attack the person ahead of us in the list with minimal force. I believe that costs 1 EP, while we gain 4 EP after the night phase if we attack someone. If we just don't attack then we only gain 2 EP at night. For that to be workable we need to decide if that's the course we want to follow today though. I'm not particularly pushing the idea just saying that if we want to have a no lynch vote then that's the way to do it.

We've had a lot of success on day ones recently targeting baddies, but this definitely feels like one of those games were there's more to be gained by letting the multiple roles in the game strut their stuff during the night phase (as happened in the Heroes game). The only problem is that I presume there's some sort of time limit on when Galactus eats the world and we might not want to wait around too long sitting on our hands. Day one is the only day we get a free ride with not killing anyone though so it might be worth holding off.

This might seem to be an ideal plan for this early in the game. If we follow this, the Scarlet Witch would receive my lightest attack. I know little of her at this time, so I hope she would not hold this against me.

I will be consulting with my underground sources through much of the day, in an attempt to get information to track the rebellion. I will only be able to check in sporadically, but will when I can.
SilverSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:09 AM   #115
hoopsguy
General Manager

The voice of Mister Sinister rings in the heads of each of you.

"We have an immediate opportunity, or a threat, depending on your perspective. There is an omega-level mutant telepath whose nascent powers are about to be realized. The rebellion also knows of this individual. It is imperative that we do not allow this individual to join the rebellion. If possible, you should capture this candidate. If that is not possible, ensure that she cannot help the rebellion. Some of you are better suited for this mission than others, but it is up to you to determine the make-up of the team. It is unlikely that any one individual is capable of suppressing this threat alone. Choose wisely, for Apocalypse does not meekly tolerate failure by his charges."

The mission team, as well as the amount of energy to be spent by each member, must be submitted by 5AM CST on Tuesday. Results will be posted shortly after this time.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:24 AM   #116
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Hello.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:26 AM   #117
Quicksilver
n00b

I am willing to go on this mission.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:27 AM   #118
EmmaFrost
Mascot

I think that if we want to follow that course then we need wide agreement. If there are enough people baying for blood today, as Punisher and Ghostrider seem to be, then trying to follow this plan could prove worse than useless. The traitors will be able to avoid exposing themselves by taking sides, claiming to be following this plan, while those wanting to make a kill will be able to pool their power to do so. I'm not even sure myself that inaction is the best course in this situation and I'm not sure if the plan is workable without expressed support from our leaders.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:27 AM   #119
hoopsguy
General Manager

Note - energy spent on missions (both standard and Galactus) is submitted by each individual to the moderators by PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:32 AM   #120
EmmaFrost
Mascot

I was replying to SilverSamurai there.

With regards to the mission I believe that Professor X, Jean Grey or myself would be suitable candidates to include on this mission. We all have experience with telepathy. I am willing to serve Apocalypse on this mission if called on.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:37 AM   #121
hoopsguy
General Manager

Note - both Tyrith and I will be unavailable for large portions of the day. We'll respond to questions on the board and PMs as time permits.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:37 AM   #122
EmmaFrost
Mascot

We would benefit greatly in this mission if eveyone sent to subdue the mutant forms a team. Admittedly there is a chance that a traitor will infiltrate this mission but they will have to reveal themselves in order to sabotage the mission, something I doubt they will want to risk at this early stage, while team work should ensure the success of the operation.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:42 AM   #123
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Kang checkin on in.

But Kang checkin out to figure out what in the bloody blue hell he's supposed to be doing (aka reading the game rules, etc.)
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:53 AM   #124
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I am willing to go on this mission.

Of course, my son would show courage and the eagerness to do battle. I would join him.

Emma, I think both of your suggestions regarding the mission team are wise. At least one telepath must go. And the group should form a team. I would be willing to join a team made up of myself and my son, you or another of the telepaths you named, and other mutants willing to join in the mission. My daughter, Scarlet Witch, would be most welcome to join.

I am eager to hear the counsel of Apocalypse and our prelates.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:55 AM   #125
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
Eric...my good friend...so nice to see you again. And Jean, my greatest student.

My old friend! Hearing from you after fearing your death for so long is an unexpected surprise. It almost made me smile.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #126
Colossus
n00b

You may call me Colossus.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:13 AM   #127
ProfessorX
Mascot

I am willing to undertake this mission for the greater good of all. It would be a delight to work together with you and your kin Eric.

I would also caution restraint - although there is much to be gained from successfully completing the mission we also want to ensure that we hold sufficient assets back for later missions and for rooting out the traitors.
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #128
ProfessorX
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
My old friend! Hearing from you after fearing your death for so long is an unexpected surprise. It almost made me smile.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:18 AM   #129
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] i picture "magneto" saying that in full-on Ian McKellen Gandalf-voice like in LOTR and it makes me smile [/ooc]
Old 10-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #130
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Good to see our soldiers so eager to volunteer. In regards to strategy, I call Oprah if I want to talk, I call all of you if I want to kick some ass. Let's get these traitors.
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:38 AM   #131
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

With this potential threat here I have contacted a source inside the European leadership that will help us locate this mutant before they do. I will sabotage their efforts from the inside.
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:44 AM   #132
Colossus
n00b

If the telepaths require my services I will assist them.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:46 AM   #133
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Silver Surfer is here. The rebellion will be stopped.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #134
SilverSurfer
Mascot

I forsee putting together a mission later this day. Whether to confront Galactus or this mutant remains to be seen. I seek volunteers for this.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:52 AM   #135
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, heading out for the day - not sure I'll have any access between now and this evening (roughly 8PM). Tyrith is probably out until 6PM or so.

A couple of reminders on the rules related to missions. I anticipate that this will be helpful to all parties involved.

1.) Participation in a mission counts as a "special action" - so does an ordered guard, participation in a Galactus mission, or the use of a "Special Action" power. If you do one, you cannot do the others. This is a balancing act.
2.) If you want to form a team, each member must post their willingness to join the team. This is similar to last game, for those of you who played in it. Please name your team as well.
3.) Prelates have the option to issue orders, but do not have to do so. If an order is issued, it is binding. However, if someone takes a special action prior to order the special action takes precedence.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:53 AM   #136
hoopsguy
General Manager

Another note: please PM both moderators the amount of energy you wish to spend on either a "Mission" or "Galactus" special action. We will not honor requests in the thread for either of these actions. No PM = default choice of 1.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:53 AM   #137
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
I am willing to undertake this mission for the greater good of all. It would be a delight to work together with you and your kin Eric.

I would also caution restraint - although there is much to be gained from successfully completing the mission we also want to ensure that we hold sufficient assets back for later missions and for rooting out the traitors.

Wise words, Charles. Given our total number of 30 (not counting Apocalypse), 5 seems like a sensible number for a team to take on this mission.

Volunteering to date are:
Magneto
ProfessorX
Quicksilver

I would further propose that we join together to become a team, thus increasing in our chances to succeed at this mission and future ones. So it is thus that I propose the creation of the "Brotherhood of Mutants," and ask that other mutants going on the mission join.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #138
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Hello.

Hello, Wanda.

I...

I am pleased to see that you are well. I trust we can put some our late unpleasantness behind us, to bring greater glory to our master, Apocalypse.
Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #139
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
Wise words, Charles. Given our total number of 30 (not counting Apocalypse), 5 seems like a sensible number for a team to take on this mission.

Volunteering to date are:
Magneto
ProfessorX
Quicksilver

I would further propose that we join together to become a team, thus increasing in our chances to succeed at this mission and future ones. So it is thus that I propose the creation of the "Brotherhood of Mutants," and ask that other mutants going on the mission join.
I think you will need the power of Mimic on this mission. I shall join you to capture this mutant.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #140
ProfessorX
Mascot

I am fond of wise words. Joining together to form a team is an excellent idea, and should increase our chance of success. I look forward to a successful mission, and the benefits that shall come with it.

JOIN BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS
Old 10-06-2008, 10:05 AM   #141
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] runs back and checks the list of who all is in the game, and rereads exactly how missions work [/ooc]
Old 10-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #142
Quicksilver
n00b

JOIN BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS

Old 10-06-2008, 10:12 AM   #143
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The voice of Mister Sinister rings in the heads of each of you.

"We have an immediate opportunity, or a threat, depending on your perspective. There is an omega-level mutant telepath whose nascent powers are about to be realized. The rebellion also knows of this individual. It is imperative that we do not allow this individual to join the rebellion. If possible, you should capture this candidate. If that is not possible, ensure that she cannot help the rebellion. Some of you are better suited for this mission than others, but it is up to you to determine the make-up of the team. It is unlikely that any one individual is capable of suppressing this threat alone. Choose wisely, for Apocalypse does not meekly tolerate failure by his charges."

The mission team, as well as the amount of energy to be spent by each member, must be submitted by 5AM CST on Tuesday. Results will be posted shortly after this time.

Many of the assembled beings here are well-suited for various tasks, each important to the continued and ever-expanding Pax Apocalypto.

I would like to see those most suited to finding and purging the traitorous vermin in our midst to do just that. I do not find myself with particular talents in this area.

Those with abilities to confront and hinder the world-eating Galactus should certainly turn their attentions to him. I believe the Vision equal to this task.

And Prelate Sinister has brought a third important priority to our attention, which is elevated in importance due to the immediacy of its nature. We shall require several resources to step forward publicly to confront this need as well. My powers make me suitable for a capture/neutralize mission, but I estimate that we have members among us very wel suited indeed to... convincing... this young mutant to join the side of right and justice.

Think well upon these words, and respond as to your intentions. I will be watching and evaluating your words and deeds.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:20 AM   #144
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
Many of the assembled beings here are well-suited for various tasks, each important to the continued and ever-expanding Pax Apocalypto.

I would like to see those most suited to finding and purging the traitorous vermin in our midst to do just that. I do not find myself with particular talents in this area.

Those with abilities to confront and hinder the world-eating Galactus should certainly turn their attentions to him. I believe the Vision equal to this task.

And Prelate Sinister has brought a third important priority to our attention, which is elevated in importance due to the immediacy of its nature. We shall require several resources to step forward publicly to confront this need as well. My powers make me suitable for a capture/neutralize mission, but I estimate that we have members among us very wel suited indeed to... convincing... this young mutant to join the side of right and justice.

Think well upon these words, and respond as to your intentions. I will be watching and evaluating your words and deeds.

Excellent points, android.

I, myself, do not have powers conducive to a mission of this nature. Should Apocalypse and the Prelates fundamentally agree with sending the Brotherhood on this mission, it makes a lot of sense to add members that are adept at a capture/neutralize mission to this team.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #145
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I was replying to SilverSamurai there.

With regards to the mission I believe that Professor X, Jean Grey or myself would be suitable candidates to include on this mission. We all have experience with telepathy. I am willing to serve Apocalypse on this mission if called on.

For your convenience, I have highlighted the key word of this message. While I agree fully that you three are well suited to bringing this mission to an acceptable conclusion, I strongly encourage other support members to accompany one of the telepaths, leaving the other two to remain behind, proving their loyalty by uncovering the traitorous dogs we are tasked with destroying.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:24 AM   #146
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

My powers, as hinted at earlier, are more along the lines of brute force so if I can be of help in that manner, let me know.
GhostRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:27 AM   #147
ProfessorX
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
For your convenience, I have highlighted the key word of this message. While I agree fully that you three are well suited to bringing this mission to an acceptable conclusion, I strongly encourage other support members to accompany one of the telepaths, leaving the other two to remain behind, proving their loyalty by uncovering the traitorous dogs we are tasked with destroying.

I agree with Vision Eric. I think that with my demonstrated history of being able to find fellow mutants, as well as my telepathic talents, I am perhaps the ideal candidate for this mission. I also have other talents that may lead to the mission being successful. You are quite welcome to stay behind old friend, and I shall handle this on my own, along with your progeny, as well as perhaps several other members whose talents lead them to believe that they would be able to assist in capture missions (perhaps great strength to aid Pietro's blinding speed)?
Old 10-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #148
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
On that note, I would be interested in joining a team of likeminded individuals to try to crush the rebellion. I think I would be more interested in joining a team that was focused on using our mental superiority to defeat the rebellion rather than using braun. I feel that way I could put my energies to their best usage.

I also feel this way Dr. Richards. I hesitate to join a team due to the potential of sabotage, but my calculations show that there are more advantages than disadvantages to joining a team. I would welcome the opportunity to work with you in this fashion.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #149
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
I forsee putting together a mission later this day. Whether to confront Galactus or this mutant remains to be seen. I seek volunteers for this.

*nods in deference to Silver Surfer*

Surfer, you will find my power and abilities most helpful in holding your former master at bay. Let us leave this detective work and coersion to those less able to project force on a grand scale.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #150
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Charles, I have particular abilites that may come in useful on this mission, so I would not seek to remain behind. I do not believe that it would be wise to fill the group entirely with individuals that are adept at a capture/neutralize mission, as they are likely a limited commodity. We do not know what tomorrow may bring.

At this moment, it is enough that I have volunteered, I suppose. Apocalypse and our Prelates must make the final decision or we risk anarchy.