Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #251
The Jackal
Coordinator

Believe that is correct. Anyone doubting?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #252
saldana
Pro Starter

wow, wasnt expecting that.guess we find out what the tiebreaker is
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #253
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Ah, I thought it was a tie too. Got it now.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #254
Danny
Head Coach

That looks right Jackal.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #256
The Jackal
Coordinator

Was 6-4 for saldana when he switched to ntn, making it 6-5, then with Lathum's switch it switched to 6-5 for ntn. Proceeding with writeup.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #257
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If NTN is the duke and dukes it to me I'll shoot myself
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #258
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Yeah I thought for some reason sal's unvote was from himself...obviously that wasn't the case, heh.

Still, the late movement will be very telling tomorrow methinks.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #259
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
If NTN is the duke and dukes it to me I'll shoot myself

lol
Old 02-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #260
hoopsguy
General Manager

As I noted earlier, Lathum tends to give Saldana the benefit of the doubt until there is no reason to do so.

I'm not going to read anything more into it than that unless someone has information to reveal that suggests otherwise. Hope that the switch tonight was a good one and that whatever vibe I got from NTN (which is hard to do, fwiw) was wrong.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #261
The Jackal
Coordinator

Who will it be?

Saldana? Sure looked like it. He was ready to move to the guillotine until one of you made a late move to switch the result.

NTN is sent forwards. As he reaches the guillotine, you prepare to put a hood on him when you notice.. he is already wearing one! He laughs wickedly in no particular direction and steps up to his fate. Without further ado, his head is separated from his body.

NTN was Hooded Justice, the cultist!

Last edited by The Jackal : 02-02-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #262
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Well hot damn.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #263
Danny
Head Coach

Hmmm, that's not great, but not the worst lynch that could happen. Jackal, did the cultist know the wolves and vice versa?
Old 02-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #264
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Hmmm, that's not great, but not the worst lynch that could happen. Jackal, did the cultist know the wolves and vice versa?

The cultist did not know who the wolves were, nor did they know who he was.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #265
The Jackal
Coordinator

Night actions due by Thursday, 930 AM EST.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #266
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Technically it's a wolf, but not one that could have been found out - so it doesn't help us a whole lot.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #267
saldana
Pro Starter

i dont think he knew them
Old 02-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #268
Danny
Head Coach

Not really, he counted as a villager. It's not a bad lynch, but nothing to get too excited about.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #269
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Not really, he counted as a villager. It's not a bad lynch, but nothing to get too excited about.

But he also won with the wolves.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #270
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, no voting record information to take from the movement tonight.

The content of the posts may be a different matter, but not the votes themselves.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #271
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

decent outcome
Old 02-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #272
saldana
Pro Starter

honestly, i dont think we can complain at all about the last two deaths...yeah, they were villagers, but they were the most annoying villagers out there...they would have caused problems down the road.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #273
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Unless we see something from ntn that could have been a sign to the wolves we have to treat him being voted out like any other villager for vote history.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:05 AM   #274
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Yeah it wasn't the best lynch but if we were going to miss a wolf this would have been the way to go I guess. No harm no foul.

Overall not a terrible day I say

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #275
The Jackal
Coordinator

Results coming shortly.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:47 AM   #276
The Jackal
Coordinator

You wake up for another day of decision making, and yet again someone is missing.

Lathum.

Upon searching his quarters, you realize that you have lost the very person you gathered together to protect.

Lathum was Edward Blake, the Comedian!

Day three begins with the culprits still at large.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #277
Danny
Head Coach

Crap, just erased my post. Anyway, in short, I said that sucks and need to get going.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #278
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

That's no good...
Old 02-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #279
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

poop
Old 02-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #280
saldana
Pro Starter

odd choice to kill Lathum...most wolves leave him alive on the concept that he will eventually get lynched for simply still being alive...
Old 02-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #281
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, I'm not grasping the wolf logic on Thomkal and then Lathum as the night kills.

I think Lathum might have drawn some attention today for his late vote swing, seeing as how it did not net a wolf and it "saved" a player. So that seems odd, although he might also have been a scan candidate for the same reasons (plus his reputation). So maybe that was a reason to go for it ... dunno.

I'm going to run some voting numbers, but more as good practice than having an agenda in mind.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #282
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Autumn - 6 - (PF 82, CR 95, ntn 100, DV 111, DT 154, EF 157)
EF - 4- (hoops 92, saldana 97, Lathum 104, Danny 112)
Danny - 2 - (Autumn 117, Thomkal 123)
hoopsguy - 1 - (jeff 89)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
ntn - 6 - (DV 194, CR 197, J23 227, PF 238, saldana 241, Lathum 244)
saldana - 5 - (EF 195, jeff 199, Danny 223, hoops 232, DT 234)
Lathum - 1- (ntn 214)

Those are the vote totals for the first two days, listed just before lynch results.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #283
saldana
Pro Starter

ok, while i still have a bad feeling about EF because of the way he started the run on me for no reason yesterday, i am going to start today in a different direction.

Darth is playing a very similar style game to what he did in the last game (when he was a wolf)...drive by votes, popping in and out and not really saying much (i know he is working, but i seem to remember in the past, that he was somewhat more insightful)

the playstyle just seems very much the same, so i am gonna go with my hunch.

vote darth vilus
Old 02-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #284
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I think at this point I want to put a spotlight on some of the more silent players(purposley or not). See how voting goes around and hopefully get them to defend. There's a few to consider but for now:

VOTE J23

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:55 AM   #285
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I only see 2 possibilities for the Lathum kill. He was scanned or the wolves were just trying to throw some confusion around a late vote switch. I tend to agree with him being scanned.

I found the Thomkal slaying much stranger.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #286
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Preliminary trust list. We don't have much to go on just yet without a wolf kill, so hopefully Rorschach is having some luck.

Feeling Good

Danny
hoopsguy

Leaning Good

jeff61
DaddyTorgo

No Real Read

Darth Vilus
J23
EagleFan (my EF read is best descibed as "confused")

Slight Distrust

PackerFanatic

Distrust

saldana

Most of my feelings either way are based on vibe alone, I'll admit, so take that into consideration. Some of it is from the vote yesterday. Although the wolves couldn't have known what Lathum would do, nor do we know if they cared (re: sal's allegiance), most of the village was involved in that head to head, and the wolves would have been a part of it. And what happened, a tight vote with a last minute switch that killed a villager (from all outward purposes, no one knew ntn was the cultist).

So I feel suspicious toward late voters on ntn and less suspicious of late voters on sal.

Of course, it could have been villager-villager and this is all meaningless. but that's my read on things so far.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #287
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is the voting record (including switches) from Day 1, along with a couple of other notes that I took while going through the posts.

#74 - DT votes Hoops 1-0
#78 - Lathum votes Danny 1-1 Hoops/Danny
#81 - Autumn votes J23 1-1-1 Hoops/Danny/J23
#82 - PF votes Autumn 1-1-1-1 Hoops/Danny/J23/Autumn
#84 - Hoops votes DT 1-1-1-1-1 Hoops/Danny/J23/Autumn/DT
#85 - Thomkal votes Jeff 1-1-1-1-1-1 Hoops/Danny/J23/Autumn/DT/Jeff
#89 - Jeff votes Hoops 2-1-1-1-1-1 Hoops over Danny/J23/Autumn/DT/Jeff
#90 - EF votes Danny 2-2-1-1-1-1 Hoops/Danny over J23/Autumn/DT/Jeff
#91 - Hoops unvotes DT, votes EF 2-2-1-1-1-1 Hoops/Danny over J23/Autumn/Jeff/EF
#94 - EF unvotes Danny, votes Hoops 3-1-1-1-1-1 Hoops over J23/Autumn/Jeff/EF/Danny
#95 - CR votes Autumn, 3-2-1-1-1-1 Hoops over Autumn over J23/Jeff/EF/Danny
#97 - Saldana votes EF, 3-2-2-1-1-1 Hoops over Autumn/EF over J23/Jeff/Danny
#100 - NTN votes Autumn 3-3-2-1-1-1 Hoops/Autumn over EF over J23/Jeff/Danny
#104 - Lathum unvotes Danny, votes EF 3-3-3-1-1 Hoops/Autumn/EF over J23/Jeff
#109 - DT unvotes Hoops 3-3-2-1-1 Autumn/EF over Hoops over J23/Jeff
#111 - DV votes Autumn 4-3-2-1-1 Autumn over EF over Hoops over J23/Jeff
#112 - Danny votes EF 4-4-2-1-1 Autumn/EF over Hoops over J23/Jeff
#117 - Autumn unvotes J23, votes Danny 4-4-2-1-1 Autumn/EF over Hoops over Jeff/Danny
#123 - Thomkal unvotes Jeff, votes Danny 4-4-2-2 Autumn/EF over Hoops/Danny
#126 - EF unvotes Hoops, votes Danny 4-4-3-1 Autumn/EF over Danny over Hoops
#152 - DT votes Autumn, 5-4-3-1 Autumn over EF over Danny over Hoops
#157 - EF unvotes Danny, votes Autumn 6-4-2-1 Autumn over EF over Hoops

Role claims:
Vanilla - Hoops, CR

Day 1:
If EF is bad, who looks good/bad?
Good - me, Saldana, Danny
Bad - DT, DV

EF had a measured approach to his votes on D1 - nothing wildly out of character, but cautious and showing he was going to be around for the duration to protect himself. That suggests either roled villager or wolf to me. Roled villager obviously a possibility, but wolves didn't go in his direction over first two nights.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #288
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Preliminary trust list. We don't have much to go on just yet without a wolf kill, so hopefully Rorschach is having some luck.

Feeling Good

Danny
hoopsguy

Leaning Good

jeff61
DaddyTorgo

No Real Read

Darth Vilus
J23
EagleFan (my EF read is best descibed as "confused")

Slight Distrust

PackerFanatic

Distrust

saldana

Most of my feelings either way are based on vibe alone, I'll admit, so take that into consideration. Some of it is from the vote yesterday. Although the wolves couldn't have known what Lathum would do, nor do we know if they cared (re: sal's allegiance), most of the village was involved in that head to head, and the wolves would have been a part of it. And what happened, a tight vote with a last minute switch that killed a villager (from all outward purposes, no one knew ntn was the cultist).

So I feel suspicious toward late voters on ntn and less suspicious of late voters on sal.

Of course, it could have been villager-villager and this is all meaningless. but that's my read on things so far.

i realize being at the bottom of this list puts me into a certain bias, but this is horrible...what exactly have hoops and danny done besides being hoops and danny to be so trusted?

conversely, what have i dont to be so distrusted?

all i did to set EF off was defend hoops, so hoops is auto-trusted, but me, for defending him, is auto-distrusted?

Old 02-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #289
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I only trust Danny because the 2 people that voted for him were killed, which puts a focus on him. I wouldn't expect the wolves to do that, but who knows.

I have absolutely zero trust for Hoops at this point . And his opinion on EF seems to be a bit manipulative.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #290
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i realize being at the bottom of this list puts me into a certain bias, but this is horrible...what exactly have hoops and danny done besides being hoops and danny to be so trusted?

conversely, what have i dont to be so distrusted?

all i did to set EF off was defend hoops, so hoops is auto-trusted, but me, for defending him, is auto-distrusted?

Well, first, recall, I said most of this based on my vibe about how things are going. So it's not entirely something I can explain, and for that reason, the rest of the village should properly take that into consideration. It's a suggestion of the ways I am leaning, not any clearcut proof one or another on anyone.

Danny and hoops (along with jeff) are the only players left in the game who did not to our knowledge vote to kill a villager. Their vote targets are all still uncleared players, but you and I and everyone else have all placed at least one vote that got a villager killed. That's inconclusive overall, but it gives them a little benefit.

Where I find you look bad is more perhaps for being in a circumstance you may have not had much control over, which was yesterday's vote. A tight vote with switching around gets a villager killed. It makes sense to look askance at the other vote target. If two villagers are up, it seems less likely we would see such movement and late voting, even if the critical voter Lathum himself turned out to be a villager. Of course, this could have been manipulated by the wolves to make us waste a day lynching you to be sure, and I am perfectly aware of that. But that doesn't mean it's an angle we should not explore.

Like I said, though, that's just what I can point to in the thread and vote history. But a lot of this is just a vibe. I guess how you read it is based on whatever your opinion of my vibes is.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #291
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not going out of my way to be trusted, at the moment. I don't think I've done anything deserving either high or low trust.

I do, however, think that EF was one convenient person to look at in trying to make sense of the Day 1 vote. I would think you could do the same thing looking at either me or Danny, in terms of votes moving later in the day. But I'm not going to make cases with me=bad because it serves no point in my mind. If others want to do so, they should absolutely take the data I posted and run with it.

I'm going to turn my attenion towards Day 2 later this afternoon, and then start working towards a vote if there is no new information published that helps sift through the data.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #292
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm not going out of my way to be trusted, at the moment. I don't think I've done anything deserving either high or low trust.

I do, however, think that EF was one convenient person to look at in trying to make sense of the Day 1 vote. I would think you could do the same thing looking at either me or Danny, in terms of votes moving later in the day. But I'm not going to make cases with me=bad because it serves no point in my mind. If others want to do so, they should absolutely take the data I posted and run with it.

I'm going to turn my attenion towards Day 2 later this afternoon, and then start working towards a vote if there is no new information published that helps sift through the data.

Agreed on the self-introspection. For instance, I don't include myself in that last because that would be nonsensicle to me. I know I'm good.

But to the rest of you who don't know, you would use my system and note I voted to kill villagers both days, which certainly doesn't help my cause.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #293
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, first, recall, I said most of this based on my vibe about how things are going. So it's not entirely something I can explain, and for that reason, the rest of the village should properly take that into consideration. It's a suggestion of the ways I am leaning, not any clearcut proof one or another on anyone.

Danny and hoops (along with jeff) are the only players left in the game who did not to our knowledge vote to kill a villager. Their vote targets are all still uncleared players, but you and I and everyone else have all placed at least one vote that got a villager killed. That's inconclusive overall, but it gives them a little benefit.

Where I find you look bad is more perhaps for being in a circumstance you may have not had much control over, which was yesterday's vote. A tight vote with switching around gets a villager killed. It makes sense to look askance at the other vote target. If two villagers are up, it seems less likely we would see such movement and late voting, even if the critical voter Lathum himself turned out to be a villager. Of course, this could have been manipulated by the wolves to make us waste a day lynching you to be sure, and I am perfectly aware of that. But that doesn't mean it's an angle we should not explore.

Like I said, though, that's just what I can point to in the thread and vote history. But a lot of this is just a vibe. I guess how you read it is based on whatever your opinion of my vibes is.

and here is why i almost never put out "lists" like yours...

you throw people out there at various levels of trust that are completely arbritrary, and unless you are challenged on them, you never actually explain anything besides saying its based on vibes...

if i hadnt come back at your list, you would have just left me under the proverbial bus without ever saying that I havent actually done anything myself to deserve being there.

unvote Darth
vote Chief Rum
Old 02-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #294
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
and here is why i almost never put out "lists" like yours...

you throw people out there at various levels of trust that are completely arbritrary, and unless you are challenged on them, you never actually explain anything besides saying its based on vibes...

if i hadnt come back at your list, you would have just left me under the proverbial bus without ever saying that I havent actually done anything myself to deserve being there.

unvote Darth
vote Chief Rum

If you'll forgive me for saying it, sal, but I think you're getting too emotional about it, or at least that's the way it looks to me.

Anyone using my list alone as a basis for their vote should really be questioning what they are doing or are looking to hide behind someone else's post so as to not take any chances themselves.

As for the list itself, it may appear arbitrary to you, but I have my reasons. I talked about some; I have other feelings about certain things, but nothing but hints at this point. If you want full exposure I could write a book about it, but I don't think any of us here wants that.

Also, if you can't see that Lathum's move yesterday, with a villager dying puts the spotlight on you, then I don't think there's anything else I can see that will get you to recognize that.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #295
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

In my experience, wolves end up with clean records more often than villagers when it comes to lynch votes. Especially when you're talking about day1 votes, where it is completely luck for the villagers.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #296
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
In my experience, wolves end up with clean records more often than villagers when it comes to lynch votes. Especially when you're talking about day1 votes, where it is completely luck for the villagers.

Yup, another reason why no one should be taking my list verbatim as the truth. I'm not likely to know much more than anyone else (besides wolves). It's an "at this point" post, and as we progress further in the game, I can take ti and re-evaluate as I go along.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #297
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Actually agree with that. As much as I like having good stuff pointed my way, the bottom line is I just didn't vote for someone who has been killed yet. Don't believe that's a useful metric in a relatively young game where we don't have a single confirmed wolf.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #298
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I think at this point I want to put a spotlight on some of the more silent players(purposley or not). See how voting goes around and hopefully get them to defend. There's a few to consider but for now:

VOTE J23

I'm not sure how I'm expected to defend this. I missed day1, which may explain why I was particularly quiet that day.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #299
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Anything approaching a logical choice at this point in time is aimed at what people say, thus the people contributing and saying the most will be hung first. I just don't think that's productive.

I certainly have my own list, similar to Chief's, but I hardly have anything substantial to go on. And have nothing to go on either way with people that don't post much.