Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #701
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sonic Youth (5) - Raiders Army (597), jeheinz72 (612), The Jackal (632), oliegirl (668), PurdueBrad (696)
path12 (2) - Qwikshot (573), Lathum (635)
jeheinz72 (2) - path12 (559), Swaggs (680)
st.cronin (2) - Barkeep49 (674), claphamsa (690)
PurdueBrad (2) - Passacaglia (646), hoopsguy (699)
Anxiety (1) - nfg22 (545)
TazFTW (1) - Chief Rum (556)
oliegirl (1) - KWhit (605)
hoopsguy (1) - Anxiety (627)

not voting (5) - st.cronin, Sonic Youth, ntndeacon, mccollins, TazFTW
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #702
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Turning into a Sonic run. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that, but then again.. not sure I want to risk another tie. Since we don't know what victory conditions are for the wolves and it looks to be a limited time frame, everyone staying alive isn't necessarily a good thing.

I think it'll turn into another two person run and I'll be curious to see who piles on where.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #703
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

and PB has 2 as well now
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #704
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Cronin: I'm not sure what I think. I am sure that I want to discourage villager lying, especially seemingly senseless villager lying.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #705
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Turning into a Sonic run. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that, but then again.. not sure I want to risk another tie. Since we don't know what victory conditions are for the wolves and it looks to be a limited time frame, everyone staying alive isn't necessarily a good thing.

I don't know that I like it either, but the theories / arguments against another tie have me nearly ready to follow the crowd.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #706
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm a little confused by some of the comments about "wolves stalling to get to end of cruise". I've quoted the rules below and it appears that the good guys triumph if the cruise finishes. So it is the wolves who want more lynches, more days, etc. Someone please correct me if I'm reading this wrong:

Quote:
Winning Conditions -

The passengers win if they either have elminiated all members of the Underground at the start of any gameturn starting gameturn 4 or later. The passengers also win if the cruise ship returns to Miami, Florida at the end of the cruise successfully. Be warned, that there might be those who slow down this return trip if given the opportunity however.

The underrground wins if they manage to gain a 1:1 ratio with the remaining passengers. Any third party teams or individual players with independant victory conditions are not considered at all in the 1:1 ratio.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #707
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops, I got the impression that they could actually stop the boat in some way. At first I thought that was why Path missed the boat, so we would have to double-back. When it didn't stop things, I figured the two were unrelated.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #708
The Jackal
Coordinator

Part of me wants to make this closer so we can put pressure on the late switchers.. if SY is up by 3+ and there is one or more wolves in that group with 2 votes, there aren't going to be any late switches.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #709
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Cronin: I'm not sure what I think. I am sure that I want to discourage villager lying, especially seemingly senseless villager lying.

Deception is an important weapon for villagers. Sometimes when I'm a vanilla villager, I'll act like I might be the seer, in order to attract both a bodyguard and a wolf attack, hoping to generate a bodyguard block.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #710
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Hoops, I got the impression that they could actually stop the boat in some way. At first I thought that was why Path missed the boat, so we would have to double-back. When it didn't stop things, I figured the two were unrelated.

Yeah, I imagine on the way back to Miami, or possibly inbetween our other destinations, someone will screw with the engines or something like that, so that we're stuck at sea for a few days of finger pointing. I don't think the wolves would have enough days to win with 22 people otherwise, unless it was an object win scenario.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #711
st.cronin
General Manager

VOTE KWHIT

knives out
Old 04-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #712
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Yeah, I imagine on the way back to Miami, or possibly inbetween our other destinations, someone will screw with the engines or something like that, so that we're stuck at sea for a few days of finger pointing. I don't think the wolves would have enough days to win with 22 people otherwise, unless it was an object win scenario.

Yeah, I figured the wolves might kill the captain and drive the ship to the Bermuda Triangle and we might never get back to Miami. I guess the rules imply that we get back someday, but there have to be some extra days coming at some point.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #713
st.cronin
General Manager

No concrete reason, just he hasn't been particularly active, and I think the vote right now is too much focused on trivial things by people that are actually active.

knives out
Old 04-09-2008, 01:27 PM   #714
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I have to say I'm on Cronin's side on this, he didn't lie, and we've all "twisted the facts" in previous games to try and get information. I don't think in this game, anyone can say that they have always played totally honest and forthcoming with information. He didn't do anything overly sneaky...he was trying to draw out a wolf. I'd say that is more villager behavior than wolf behavior at this point in the game. If that is the only thing that is suspicious about Cronin then I don't think it would be a very good reason to vote for him.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:27 PM   #715
path12
Coordinator

Why KWhit?
Old 04-09-2008, 01:28 PM   #716
path12
Coordinator

Never mind.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:31 PM   #717
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
No concrete reason, just he hasn't been particularly active, and I think the vote right now is too much focused on trivial things by people that are actually active.

At least KWhit voted today, I don't particularly like the potential two straight no votes from Taz.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #718
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
At least KWhit voted today, I don't particularly like the potential two straight no votes from Taz.

I was just getting ready to mention the possibility that Taz can't vote for some reason because of his role.

Then I remember he unvoted near the deadline yesterday and didn't re-vote.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #719
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

I agree, he was on my short list as well, but he apparently has some sort of role.

knives out
Old 04-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #720
The Jackal
Coordinator

Oh, that's right. I forgot about that.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:34 PM   #721
Sonic Youth
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
I'm in the same place as yesterday as far as SY goes. I think he was witholding information from us with no real reason to do so.

HOw can you withold information when there isn't anything to withold. What was it you were given/found again while shopping? Isn't that with-holding information?
Sonic Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:34 PM   #722
mccollins
College Prospect

Now is not really the time to bring up other leads, but I've still found ntndeacon's deadline vote switching yesterday to be curious. In addition, he hasn't talked much in the thread and he went to the Jeep Safari (well, the Office since it was closed) on his day 2 excursion. Why go looking for a killer?
Old 04-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #723
Sonic Youth
H.S. Freshman Team

Vote jeheinz72.

I'd seriously look into why people are really voting for me. It's now getting suspicious. jeheinz72 had that suspicious vote just after the deadline while Hoops had that one just before the last.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #724
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Now is not really the time to bring up other leads, but I've still found ntndeacon's deadline vote switching yesterday to be curious. In addition, he hasn't talked much in the thread and he went to the Jeep Safari (well, the Office since it was closed) on his day 2 excursion. Why go looking for a killer?

Always worth mentioning. And let's see what Sonic can say to defend himself, at least he won't be lynched while he's asleep.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #725
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post
HOw can you withold information when there isn't anything to withold. What was it you were given/found again while shopping? Isn't that with-holding information?

Me not being specific on what I received is totally different than you not being willing to even say where you had gone on your first excursion. I was forthcoming and gave specifics on where I'd gone, who I saw, and said that I'd been given an object...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #726
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sonic Youth (5) - Raiders Army (597), jeheinz72 (612), The Jackal (632), oliegirl (668), PurdueBrad (696)
jeheinz72 (3) - path12 (559), Swaggs (680), Sonic Youth (723)
PurdueBrad (2) - Passacaglia (646), hoopsguy (699)
KWhit (1) - st.cronin (711)

not voting (3) - ntndeacon, mccollins, TazFTW
Old 04-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #727
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Conversely though -- why would a wolf go looking for a killer? Let him do your work for you.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #728
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Conversely though -- why would a wolf go looking for a killer? Let him do your work for you.

I sort of assumed mc meant that maybe ntn was looking to be converted. Could be wrong.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #729
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post
Vote jeheinz72.

I'd seriously look into why people are really voting for me. It's now getting suspicious. jeheinz72 had that suspicious vote just after the deadline while Hoops had that one just before the last.

It wasn't to be suspicious, it was to get data. I found your choice of locale (the one where no one else knows who else went) to be odd.

But hey, if I get lynched and come back as a passenger, I'd wonder when people are going to start thinking about why you keep narrowly avoiding a lynch.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #730
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

While I dislike "non-votes" in games, it makes much less sense for a wolf (member of minority group, who understands the impact of his vote more clearly - who is good/bad) to miss votes than it does for a villager. I would actually use this as a mild defense for Taz, even if it frustrates me.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #731
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Let's fuck shit up.

UNVOTE PURDUEBRAD
VOTE JEHEINZ72
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #732
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I sort of assumed mc meant that maybe ntn was looking to be converted. Could be wrong.

Exactly. On that note, what if the trio that went on the Jeep Safari (jeheinz72, Chief Rum, Qwikshot) were converted? Well, I suppose they would not have been as forthcoming with their story...

My indecision is killing me!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #733
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Exactly. On that note, what if the trio that went on the Jeep Safari (jeheinz72, Chief Rum, Qwikshot) were converted? Well, I suppose they would not have been as forthcoming with their story...

My only addendum to that theory would be, then wouldn't at least one of them likely vote to "save" me? Currently that's not the case, nor is it at all feasible with CR's schedule.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #734
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Fun idea Pass and I'm not just saying that because your vote came off me! The late drama can be fun and definitely draw people out.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:45 PM   #735
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

OOC: I can vouch that I wasn't converted. Nothing happened to us doing that trip, the driver was shot and killed and the gunman fled into the woods, we all decided to drive back to the lodge and explain the issue. That was it.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:45 PM   #736
Sonic Youth
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Sorry, got distracted with work.

This is where I have everybody for Turn 1 (2nd excursion):

Raiders Army-beach—post 413
The Jackal-snorkeling, saw clap and pass—post 414
Pass-snorkeling, backs up Jackal—post 416
jeheinz72-ruins—post 418
path-came back to boat—post 419
mccollins-swimming with dolphins—post 423
Barkeep-beach—post 426
PurdueBrad-beach—post 430
Sonic Youth-shopping, did not see Anxiety—post 434
claphamsa-confirms Jackal, but says beach—post 444
Lathum-stayed on boat—post 445
nfg22—shopped, found out that Taz had to rhyme—post 459
hoopsguy-shopped, looked at pottery—post 484
Swaggs-Fiesta Boat Party
Anxiety-Shopping (fortune teller), clap is okay—posts 415 and 527
claphamsa-diving for gold—post 528
oliegirl-shopping, incomplete item—post 539
Qwikshot-marine park—post 564
KWhit—safari, saw ntndeacon and CR—post 571

A few things here:

1. clap confirms Jackal’s story, but says they were at the beach (post 444). Jackal says they went snorkeling and weren’t at the beach (post 463). clap says that “Ive never been snorking off a boat before I assumed it was the beach and missed the boat part. opps.” (post 465)

2. Here are the people who haven't said where they were (unless I missed somthing):

St.Cronin
ntndeacon
Chief Rum
TazFTW

CR and ntn were seen by KWhit.

3. Sonic Youth went shopping, but didn't elaborate.

I'm sorry that SY is in Australia, and I hate to do this, but at this point he's the best option IMHO.

UNVOTE HOOPS
VOTE SONIC YOUTH
Still no reason really is it. It's not like I'm the only suspicious one here, just the one people know the least. Which is why I"m getting the bullet from everyone. Who else has gone shopping and saw anyone apart from Taz? How is that backing up anyone else either. No real reason to make this decision either.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #737
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

why look for a killer, because I thought it would lead to a hunter role. I assumed that was why guide was killed and wanted to talk to the killer.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #738
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
OOC: I can vouch that I wasn't converted. Nothing happened to us doing that trip, the driver was shot and killed and the gunman fled into the woods, we all decided to drive back to the lodge and explain the issue. That was it.

But were all three of you together the entire time?
Old 04-09-2008, 01:47 PM   #739
mccollins
College Prospect

Oh jeez I better get a vote in before the flurry. No offense bro, I just don't like the reasoning on anyone thus far.
VOTE Passacaglia
Old 04-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #740
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

ooc:
From what I read yes...there was an option to get out and walk to a village, but none of us did that...heinz drove the car after the driver's death.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #741
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
why look for a killer, because I thought it would lead to a hunter role. I assumed that was why guide was killed and wanted to talk to the killer.
Fair enough. What's a hunter? ::searches for WW guide::
Old 04-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #742
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I think it is 5-4 now. I dont want to put it into a tie so...

Vote Sonic Youth

Sorry I haven't been really talkative today today is one of my longer days. in fact I have another class in a few minutes. I will talk some after choir this evening. I did put in my itenerary for the day with Alan Last night though.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #743
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh jeez I better get a vote in before the flurry. No offense bro, I just don't like the reasoning on anyone thus far.
VOTE Passacaglia

hahahahahaha
Old 04-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #744
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

While I think what jeheinz did is strange
It just seems too obvious a reason to Vote
so I pick Sonic Youth from the range
to get kicked off this boat

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #745
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

for the most part yes.

I know I bought my ticket, then Quik hopped in, then CR, then the killer.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #746
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
ooc:
From what I read yes...there was an option to get out and walk to a village, but none of us did that...heinz drove the car after the driver's death.

Crap. That makes me not like my vote so much.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #747
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

if a hunter and a wolf is left together on last day hunter and therefore town wins
Old 04-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #748
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sonic Youth (7) - Raiders Army (597), jeheinz72 (612), The Jackal (632), oliegirl (668), PurdueBrad (696), ntndeacon (742), TazFTW (744)
jeheinz72 (4) - path12 (559), Swaggs (680), Sonic Youth (723), Passacaglia (731)
PurdueBrad (1) - hoopsguy (699)
KWhit (1) - st.cronin (711)
Passacaglia (1) - mccollins (739)
Old 04-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #749
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

whats it 4-4 heinzze and SY?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #750
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Oh, that's hilarious. I vote for The Heinz, to try to make the vote interesting for folks who haven't voted yet, then you go and vote for some schlub who doesn't have any votes on him anyway! Man, that Passamujambo guy must be really suspicious for you to vote for him now!