Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2008, 12:40 PM   #201
Spider-Man
n00b

Wow! I have... uh... been kind of busy with Mary Jane for a little while, but have just caught up (although still not quite understanding everything - I guess MJ was a little distracting)...

Anyhow, I'm gonna scan back through and try to fill in the gaps of my understanding of our situation and my best course of action. I'm open to suggestions at this point as well.

- Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Man
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:44 PM   #202
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Since my powers are from God, I put my trust in him...
I still talk to God sometimes, I ask him if what I'm doing is right or wrong. I'm still waiting for an answer.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #203
ProfessorX
Mascot

Thank you Kurt. I shall take that into consideration, along with fellow members of the team.
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #204
Spider-Man
n00b

So do we need to come up with an action today? Or is the first deadline for anything tomorrow at 9CST?
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #205
ProfessorX
Mascot

Who is this AlanT who invades our thread? I have no knowledge of such an individual...
Old 10-06-2008, 12:52 PM   #206
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] lol [/ooc]
Old 10-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #207
JeanGrey
Mascot

I thank the professor for expressing what I was trying to say. In this particular instance I believe I have advantages for the mission.

I would certainly be in favor of attacking someone today, in pursuit of Apocolypse's traitors. My standard action will not go unused, even as my special action focuses on this unknown mutant.

Several have said that they would have me on the team, but I believe the particular format has not been followed and so I can't join the team.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:55 PM   #208
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
Wow! I have... uh... been kind of busy with Mary Jane for a little while, but have just caught up (although still not quite understanding everything - I guess MJ was a little distracting)...

Anyhow, I'm gonna scan back through and try to fill in the gaps of my understanding of our situation and my best course of action. I'm open to suggestions at this point as well.

- Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Man

Spider-Man! I forgot you were running around here in Europe. You would be most welcome on our team, should you choose to join us. I would like to either go on the mission or strike Galactus, as the team desires.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:58 PM   #209
ProfessorX
Mascot

INVITE JEAN GREY TEAM BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS
Old 10-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #210
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

OK I think I have a bit better grip. I'm willing to help with whatever I can, though I don't think I really have any abilities which would help with the mission. If you need a grunt though, I'll grunt and help out.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:02 PM   #211
Nightcrawler
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I still talk to God sometimes, I ask him if what I'm doing is right or wrong. I'm still waiting for an answer.

I cannot guarantee that you will find an answer soon, but we offer our guidance and strength if you choose to accept it.

INVITE PUNISHER BRETHREN
Nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #212
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] we can also have teams and not send the entire team on missions don't forget [/ooc]
Old 10-06-2008, 01:11 PM   #213
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

[ooc - In case I fouled up the teaming up process, and also to alter the name, in case Surfer chooses not to lead our team:

INVITE HULK TO TEAM "STRIKE SQUAD"

INVITE MR. FANTASTIC TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

INVITE MAGNETO TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

INVITE SIVER SURFER TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

/ooc]
Old 10-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #214
Colossus
n00b

I believed in God for a long time. Then everything I believed in, everything I fought for, everything I LOVED was taken from me, then *I* destroyed that which I loved the most.

There is no God, only The living, the dead, and those struggling to decide which they would rather be.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #215
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

[in character only in ooc-jestness:

With humble apologies, the Vision intends to invite Silver Surfer, not his evil doppelganger Siver Surfer!

/ic-jest]
Old 10-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #216
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The mission team, as well as the amount of energy to be spent by each member, must be submitted by 5AM CST on Tuesday. Results will be posted shortly after this time.

If I am reading everything correctly, although the deadline for Day 1 moves is tomorrow at 9 PM CST, the deadline for assigning and sending a mission team is 5 AM tomorrow morning. I presume we will know the results of the mission prior to the conclusion of Day 1.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #217
ProfessorX
Mascot

Should I be offended I am not invited to this "strike squad" Vision?
Old 10-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #218
Punisher
High School JV

Trying to reign me in? I don't trust anyone hiding behind spandex and a mask.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:23 PM   #219
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
[ooc - In case I fouled up the teaming up process, and also to alter the name, in case Surfer chooses not to lead our team:

INVITE HULK TO TEAM "STRIKE SQUAD"

INVITE MR. FANTASTIC TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

INVITE MAGNETO TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

INVITE SIVER SURFER TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

/ooc]

I will join if Apocalypse and the Prelates indicate that I am best used on this mission to battle Galacticus. Otherwise I am inclined to remain in the Brotherhood of Mutants.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:23 PM   #220
Punisher
High School JV

Turns out Nightcrawler's only issue is he need's to be part of the Blue Man Group. Good luck with that.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:27 PM   #221
ProfessorX
Mascot

Eric - Although a team with myself, you, and Jean (assuming) is certainly mentally unmatched, do you have any thoughts about from what source we might augment our physical abilities?
Old 10-06-2008, 01:35 PM   #222
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
For your convenience, I have highlighted the key word of this message. While I agree fully that you three are well suited to bringing this mission to an acceptable conclusion, I strongly encourage other support members to accompany one of the telepaths, leaving the other two to remain behind, proving their loyalty by uncovering the traitorous dogs we are tasked with destroying.

You appear to be reading too much into my powers Vision. I believe that I can best judge where my talents will be most useful and in this case I believe that they will be best deployed helping to round up this errant mutant and bringing him into the fold of service to Apocalypse. I trust Jean to be able to judge where to best use her talents and I hope that I can be trusted to do the same. I have experience of working with Jean and I think that working together, with help from other volunteers we should be able to complete this mission. Unfortunately I do not have the luxury of time to wait for a direct order from the prelates so I will commit to the mission unless ordered not to in the next half hour.
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:40 PM   #223
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
So do we need to come up with an action today? Or is the first deadline for anything tomorrow at 9CST?

Anyone who wants to take part in the mission must state their intention to do so before 5am tomorrow. You also need to attack (vote) someone before 9CST if you want to maximise your energy recharge.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #224
ProfessorX
Mascot

Participating in a mission also counts to recharge votes though, does it not Miss Frost?

And you are more than welcome to commit to this mission. We certainly welcome your mmm...talents. Although they may distract me from my goals.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:49 PM   #225
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardwolf View Post
Why should we attack those above us with minimal force? This plan sounds exactly like what those traitors among us want us to do. Those who would propose such a plan and those who would so quickly agree to it need to be looked at closely.

We need to attack those who will betray us and attack with the fullest extent of our powers. We can eliminate these traitors and form what could become a very profitable team, a team that needs a driving force behind it to succeed.

And how do you propose that we discover who the traitors are? Are you privy to that information already? If so let us know and I venture we will all attack to the fullest extent of our powers. Otherwise you may well be unleashing the full extent of your power on someone who may be of use in finding the traitors. Until we have more information to work with I will be very suspicious of anyone wasting more energy than necessary on attacks that, more likely than not, will be against loyal servants of Apocalypse.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #226
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
If I am reading everything correctly, although the deadline for Day 1 moves is tomorrow at 9 PM CST, the deadline for assigning and sending a mission team is 5 AM tomorrow morning. I presume we will know the results of the mission prior to the conclusion of Day 1.

You assume correctly, hoops will run the mission sometime soon after that deadline.

Also, on the team thing - the main thing is that we need each person joining a team to make a bolded post saying that they're joining the team. If you don't do that, you're not on the team for our purposes.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #227
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
And you are more than welcome to commit to this mission. We certainly welcome your mmm...talents. Although they may distract me from my goals.

Flattery will get your far Charles. But we both know you aren't a man that easily distracted.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #228
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Participating in a mission also counts to recharge votes though, does it not Miss Frost?

If you don't launch a standard or special attack you take the energy recharge penalty. Going on a mission does not count; you have to hit someone in the face.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:55 PM   #229
ProfessorX
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
If you don't launch a standard or special attack you take the energy recharge penalty. Going on a mission does not count; you have to hit someone in the face.

I see. Well in this case I propose we all ahem "hit" very lightly.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:56 PM   #230
Punisher
High School JV

Face it is, then.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #231
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
I see. Well in this case I propose we all ahem "hit" very lightly.
I can't remember the last time I tried to hit anyone lightly, much less very lightly.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #232
ProfessorX
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
Flattery will get your far Charles. But we both know you aren't a man that easily distracted.

Why thank you Emma. I am hesitant to invite you to join the Brotherhood at this time, without the consult of my fellow team members, although I certainly feel that your abilities, in concert with my own and Jean's, would form a powerful triumvirate that would render us mentally superior to all potential foes.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:59 PM   #233
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Eric - Although a team with myself, you, and Jean (assuming) is certainly mentally unmatched, do you have any thoughts about from what source we might augment our physical abilities?

A sensible question, Charles. In addition to my own physical powers, if I am not mistaken, the mighty Colossus has volunteered for service. Others, I'm sure, could provide a physical presence.

Pietro has expressed a willingness to go, and he likely could provide a variety of talents that also could be helpful.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:00 PM   #234
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
A sensible question, Charles. In addition to my own physical powers, if I am not mistaken, the mighty Colossus has volunteered for service. Others, I'm sure, could provide a physical presence.

Pietro has expressed a willingness to go, and he likely could provide a variety of talents that also could be helpful.

I am sure I can help!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:03 PM   #235
ProfessorX
Mascot

You certainly can provide a physical presence Eric. I was referring more towards the traditional sense though, such as a Colossus or a Hulk.

I believe Pietro may have some talents that could prove to be useful, but for that matter, so does Miss Frost. We do have to draw the line somewhere, else we risk potential sabotage from within, do we not? Although assembling a large team and then sending portions off to do various tasks is possible I suppose?
Old 10-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #236
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
without the consult of my fellow team members,

I'm not sure that your team has been correctly formed. My understanding (based on studying the account of Apocalypse's rise to power) is that two members must mutually nominate a team and then invite members who then accept. It seems a long-winded, bureaucratic way to procede but you know how you men are.

I am now commiting to the mission. I believe a team of four or five should be sufficient for the task, as we do not wish to overextend ourselves on this matter.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #237
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Jean, Emma and Charles have all volunteered for a mission. I do not think it wise to expose all of our best telepaths on the first day of operations.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #238
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

What a collection of freaks we appear to be. Punisher, does the name Stevie Levins mean anything to you? Just know, I cleaned up what you couldn't finish.
GhostRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:08 PM   #239
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Jean, Emma and Charles have all volunteered for a mission. I do not think it wise to expose all of our best telepaths on the first day of operations.

I'm all for taking risks and lighting a fire to see what explodes but I must agree with my magnetic friend here. BTW, will you please quit using your magnetism on my chopper?
Old 10-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #240
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
I believe Pietro may have some talents that could prove to be useful, but for that matter, so does Miss Frost. We do have to draw the line somewhere, else we risk potential sabotage from within, do we not? Although assembling a large team and then sending portions off to do various tasks is possible I suppose?

I believe the risk of sabotage is less than during the time when Apocalypse so masterfully arose to power. Sabotage occurs at the expense of the traitor revealing their action openly and this should make teams safe at this early stage. Once we have a better idea of where people's loyalties lie we may wish to rethink team structures. With the proviso that nobody uses team membership as an empty excuse to make an attack.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:11 PM   #241
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

This is why I feel that smaller, four man (or people for you ladies out there) teams, are compelling. If a mission is sabotaged, we've definitely got a very narrow pool to draw from. The larger are teams and missions, while more powerful are also more at risk for a traitor hiding in the ranks.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:11 PM   #242
ProfessorX
Mascot

This is a very good point that you make Eric. As I mentioned, I do not feel I have particular talents suited for this mission, so I am un-nominating myself for the mission. I trust Jean and Emma's insight into their powers and that they will not need me - moreover I am not sure that it is even best to send both of them.

I think the optimum configuration would include ONE of our strongest telepaths on this mission, as well as several others - Quicksilver for example, and perhaps Nightcrawler.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:11 PM   #243
Nightcrawler
n00b

Reign you in? You misunderstand, simple human. The offer remains extended, and this is no mask, it is my skin.
Nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #244
ProfessorX
Mascot

Eric - I believe Miss Frost is correct and our team may not be legally formed. Perhaps we could have a ruling on this, and if necessary, reform the team...
Old 10-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #245
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:

I cannot speak for Jean or Charles, but it's possible that you, like Vision, are reading too much into my powers. However I agree that it might be reckless for all three of us to go on the mission. Howeve there may be advantages to two of us going, in case one is a traitor.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #246
Colossus
n00b

I will support Dr. Xavier on his mission to contain the new mutant. If You wish me to. I am certain that between my living metal body and Magneto's ability to manipulate metal through magnetism we could do very well at containing anything that might arise.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #247
ProfessorX
Mascot

I believe many of my fellow telepaths were drawn to this mission because it includes one of our own. However we must be careful that we do not overcommit at this early stage and leave ourselves vulnerable.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:16 PM   #248
ProfessorX
Mascot

Colussus - would you be interested in joining the Brotherhood of Mutants team?

I envision a team: Professor X, Jean Gray, Magneto, Colussus, ?
Old 10-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #249
EmmaFrost
Mascot

I have commited to the mission. Jean and Charles should decide where their talents are best used, unless the prelates wish to order them to engage in another activity. I would certainly encourage Jean to come if she feels the mission suits her abilities.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #250
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
I'm all for taking risks and lighting a fire to see what explodes but I must agree with my magnetic friend here. BTW, will you please quit using your magnetism on my chopper?

Someone calling me for help? All of this talking and thinking is boring to me. Lighting a fire is way more myspeed.
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote