Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #2651
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

I am better at shredding computers than using them.

Special Actions participated in:
(Through Day 4; v4.3)

2. Emma Frost - Mission, Guard, Galactus, Mission
3. Ghost Rider - Galactus, Guard, Mission, Mission
4. Hulk - Unknown, Galactus, Mission, Galactus
6. Silver Surfer - Galactus, Galactus, Galactus, Mission
7. Colossus - Mission, Galactus, Guard, Mission
8. Jean Grey - Mission, Galactus, Guard, Galactus
10. Mr. Fantastic - Galactus, Created Portal, Unknown, Activated Portal
11. Iron Fist - Unknown, Guard, Galactus, Unknown
12. Mimic - Unknown, Unknown, Mission, Mission
13. Henry Pym - Unknown, Mission, Galactus, Galactus
14. Vision - Galactus, Mission, Mission, Unknown
15. Kang the Conqueror - Galactus, Unknown, Mission, Galactus
16. Beast - Mission, Mission, Galactus, Unknown
17. Dr. Doom - Unknown, Displace Apocalypse, Unknown, Unknown
18. Cable - Unknown, Mission, Guard, Galactus
19. Firebird - Mission, Mission, Unknown, Unknown
21. Quicksilver - Mission, Mission, Unknown, Mission
22. Aardwolf - Unknown, Mission, Guard, Mission
23. Nick Fury - Unknown, Guard, Unknown, Guard
25. Spider Man - Galactus, Unknown, Unknown, Guard
26. Magneto -
Mission, Mission, Mission, Guard
27. Punisher - Unknown, Mission, Mission, Interrogated Mimic
30. Scarlet Witch - Unknown, Special Attack, Unknown, Special Attack (G)
31. Silver Samurai - Unknown, Mission, Unknown, Guard[/quote]
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #2652
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
I don't follow your math. Either Firebird or Beast is, presumably, a good guy. As I see it we have a 50/50 shot today of finding the traitor. Tomorrow we have a 100% shot of finding the traitor. If we go a different direction today we might, or might not, find a bad guy, but have lost little. If we make the wrong choice today then we have to correct the mistake tomorrow and have lost a day of possibly finding a traitor.

Normally in a 50/50 trade off you either kill one or the other. In this case we would either kill one or none (since she was going to die anyways). The reason a no-lynch would be bad this late in the game is because you have to take a chance to further your objective of finding who is evil. In the process of doing so, sometimes you make wrong choices, but it is those choices that lay the path to find the proper direction later.

In this case, there is only 1 possible wrong choice out of 4. 2 of the 4 scenerios (50% ends up in a death of a bad person), 1 out of the 4 ends up in us killing a good guy (25%) and 1 out of the 4 ends up in us killing someone who would die anyways (thus 0% change). No-lynch is worse than a good guy lynch if it gives us no information, but in this case we would learn information and have something to go on from there, so it is not the same as a no-lynch. Instead it is a safety net for a possible wrong choice.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #2653
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Given the following:

Doom has cleared former Prelate Jane Grey/Phoenix. Punisher has cleared Mimic. Prelate Strange is dead and cleared.

Former First Prelate Silver Surfer and 3rd Prelate Kang remain uncleared. If the body of prelates under Apocalypse was infiltrated and these premises are correct, one of these two would be a rebel.

Kang's only mission effort was against the Destroyer, sent by Galactus. He has participated in no rebel missions. Silver Surfer's only mission participation was in yesterday's failed mission to Egypt.

Discuss.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #2654
hoopsguy
General Manager

Some powers go even beyond those of the moderator. A pox upon those who would bring down the forum!
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #2655
Punisher
High School JV

Honestly, Magnet Man, both of them are on my suspicion list. I don't trust either.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #2656
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Normally in a 50/50 trade off you either kill one or the other. In this case we would either kill one or none (since she was going to die anyways). The reason a no-lynch would be bad this late in the game is because you have to take a chance to further your objective of finding who is evil. In the process of doing so, sometimes you make wrong choices, but it is those choices that lay the path to find the proper direction later.

In this case, there is only 1 possible wrong choice out of 4. 2 of the 4 scenerios (50% ends up in a death of a bad person), 1 out of the 4 ends up in us killing a good guy (25%) and 1 out of the 4 ends up in us killing someone who would die anyways (thus 0% change). No-lynch is worse than a good guy lynch if it gives us no information, but in this case we would learn information and have something to go on from there, so it is not the same as a no-lynch. Instead it is a safety net for a possible wrong choice.
Your way gives us a 25% chance of making a bad decision. My way reduces that to zero, while giving us the extra information of a lynch today.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #2657
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
Given the following:

Doom has cleared former Prelate Jane Grey/Phoenix. Punisher has cleared Mimic. Prelate Strange is dead and cleared.

Former First Prelate Silver Surfer and 3rd Prelate Kang remain uncleared. If the body of prelates under Apocalypse was infiltrated and these premises are correct, one of these two would be a rebel.

Kang's only mission effort was against the Destroyer, sent by Galactus. He has participated in no rebel missions. Silver Surfer's only mission participation was in yesterday's failed mission to Egypt.

Discuss.

To answer if I may.

The Destroyer wasn't my only mission. I've fought Galactus two other times as well (see your own chart in fact).

The 2nd of these two times, it wasn't my decision to attack Galactus, that was ordered by Dr. Doom himself. So it wasn't like I called an audible there. I'll gladly go on a rebel mission should we actually have one and Doom calls my services to it.

But your points certainly do have merit. Even I would agree with you that I have no actual reason to be shown as cleared at this point. Just cleaning up some inaccuracies in your initial post. All I can really say is that I was in a subset that there is indeed a good chance of containing a traitor. It isn't me, but I don't blame you for thinking it might be.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:58 PM   #2658
Punisher
High School JV

I'd add Aardvark to that list of suspicious people, myself. Doing his own thing when Doom layed out the plan is a big no-no in my book.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #2659
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Your way gives us a 25% chance of making a bad decision. My way reduces that to zero, while giving us the extra information of a lynch today.

I don't understand necessarily how you are getting that you can provide us a 100% chance of making a good decision.

That said, It seems that the masses already have decided on the target for today anyhows so this is more hypothetical than anything else right now. I guess I just don't understand what is wrong with going after Beast or Firebird today. And I don't understand where your "sure thing" is coming from.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #2660
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

did the forum crash for anyone else?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #2661
Punisher
High School JV

I'm with the guy in the spandex.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #2662
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
To answer if I may.

The Destroyer wasn't my only mission. I've fought Galactus two other times as well (see your own chart in fact).

The 2nd of these two times, it wasn't my decision to attack Galactus, that was ordered by Dr. Doom himself. So it wasn't like I called an audible there. I'll gladly go on a rebel mission should we actually have one and Doom calls my services to it.

But your points certainly do have merit. Even I would agree with you that I have no actual reason to be shown as cleared at this point. Just cleaning up some inaccuracies in your initial post. All I can really say is that I was in a subset that there is indeed a good chance of containing a traitor. It isn't me, but I don't blame you for thinking it might be.

When I speak of missions inthis context, I am talking of just missions against the rebels. Galactus missions benefit both sides.

You make a fair point, that your latter participation in a Galactus mission was ordered from Doom.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #2663
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
did the forum crash for anyone else?
Just another reason to kill the rebels.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #2664
HenryPym
Mascot

Aardvark? very humorous Punisher. You'll remember I was suspicious of him as well, but he seemed to account himself well in that mission and at least did not try to outight sabotage it, so I'm not sure where I stand on him right now.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:11 PM   #2665
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Herald thoughts from the chart:

None of Quicksilver, Aardwolf, Nick Fury or Silver Samurai have taken any action against Galactus. Magneto, Punisher and Mimic have not been on Galactus missions but did participate in the destruction of the Destroyer.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:11 PM   #2666
Quicksilver
n00b

Steal Device from Mr. Fantastic.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #2667
Punisher
High School JV

What the hell?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #2668
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Steal Device from Mr. Fantastic.

What possible reason do you have for this other than to try to give someone an escape from lynch? So instead of letting me protect someone tonight, you sabotage that?

If you aren't bad, I can't even begin to tell you just how idiotic and stupid you are.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #2669
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
When I speak of missions inthis context, I am talking of just missions against the rebels. Galactus missions benefit both sides.

You make a fair point, that your latter participation in a Galactus mission was ordered from Doom.

Ok, I gotcha then. Yes, I haven't been on a rebel mission.

I guess I would ask this though.

If I were a traitor, what would I most likely do so as to keep the heat off my back: Not go on any rebel missions or go on one and perform poorly (aka not make any real effort to win if for the good guys)? There have been a number of people who have done that one.

Anyhow, like I said, it boils down to my being in that original Prelate group, and I get that. Nothing I can do about it though, frankly.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #2670
Spider-Man
n00b

Say WHAT?
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #2671
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

ooc: I was just informed by the moderator that Quicksilver's action is a real time event. Since I had not yet sent anyone through the portal, I can not do so until I get the device back.

Anyone who has the ability to do so, even if it means his death has my permission to do so.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #2672
Punisher
High School JV

I'd go on a Galaxy mission but short of an ICBM, I might not be the best choice.

What's the fast guy up to?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #2673
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Uh, Quicksilver, let's have that back...mmmm K?

Unless of course you don't like the idea of us having that, in which case we'll take it by force.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #2674
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
ooc: I was just informed by the moderator that Quicksilver's action is a real time event. Since I had not yet sent anyone through the portal, I can not do so until I get the device back.

Anyone who has the ability to do so, even if it means his death has my permission to do so.

Well that's just ahem, fantastic.

Add a new person to my growing suspect list.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #2675
Spider-Man
n00b

Wow. Talk about a hit and run.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #2676
Punisher
High School JV

Doom will be pissed, that's for sure.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #2677
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

What makes me curious is how did he know that I have a device that controls sending people to the negative zone? I don't -think- that I announced it in the thread.. I believe that I have always said that I created the portal and then last night i initiated it. I don't recall ever once saying anything about the small device that I use for that.

It seems obvious someone has been spying on me at least last night, if not for several days.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #2678
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:

I dont trust you, if you were on the good side. you would have used it already! I will examine the device and find out what it REALLY does, then will act accordingly.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #2679
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
I think the best thing for today is to go after neither Firebird nor Beast. One or the other is a bad guy. Firebird will either die during this next cycle, at which point we go after Beast tomorrow. Or Firebird will live at which point we go after Firebird tomorrow. In this case of he said/she said one of them has made a claim which we will be able to verify tomorrow. Why not wait until then to decide, while pursuing other avenues today?

(catching up through the forum being down)

I find this to be a very interesting statement from someone who has claimed to be killed by one of the rebels. I think unless there is some incredible abilities from the rebels that we don't know about yet, one of Beast/Firebird have to be a rebel. Yet you would let them live so that they may get the chance to attack you again this night. Lynching one of them today would allow us (through a guard action) to protect you and perhaps deal with the other (Mr. Fantastic's device?) and quite frankly give us a bit of hope after a miserable effort by us loyalists so far.

I'm curious now, who do you think we should attack instead of one of them? What will you say if that person turns out to be loyal to Doom?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #2680
Spider-Man
n00b

So did Quiksilver act on his own, or was he controlled by someone and made to do that?

I'm not sure at this point that it matters. We have to get to the bottom of what is going on with him.

Cancel attack on Beast.

Standard Attack on Quicksilver.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #2681
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
Wow. Talk about a hit and run.

How is that hit and run? Im still here!
Old 10-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #2682
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Well.. regardless of what Quicksilver did, I still don't think that sways me away for my arguement of what we should do today regarding Beast/Firebird.. I'm curious if he'll be able to use the device without me though and this is part of some bigger master plan.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #2683
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
What makes me curious is how did he know that I have a device that controls sending people to the negative zone? I don't -think- that I announced it in the thread.. I believe that I have always said that I created the portal and then last night i initiated it. I don't recall ever once saying anything about the small device that I use for that.

It seems obvious someone has been spying on me at least last night, if not for several days.

Nope not spying, part of my standard PM from the mod.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #2684
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
How is that hit and run? Im still here!

Didn't see you in the thread when I posted that.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #2685
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Herald thoughts from the chart:

None of Quicksilver, Aardwolf, Nick Fury or Silver Samurai have taken any action against Galactus. Magneto, Punisher and Mimic have not been on Galactus missions but did participate in the destruction of the Destroyer.

Sounds like a good team for the next Galactus mission to me then.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #2686
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
Ok, I gotcha then. Yes, I haven't been on a rebel mission.

I guess I would ask this though.

If I were a traitor, what would I most likely do so as to keep the heat off my back: Not go on any rebel missions or go on one and perform poorly (aka not make any real effort to win if for the good guys)? There have been a number of people who have done that one.

Anyhow, like I said, it boils down to my being in that original Prelate group, and I get that. Nothing I can do about it though, frankly.

I am not, at this time, accusing either of you. There are a number of premises that must be accepted to conclude that either you or the Silver Surfer or both are guilty of rebellion. But I would assert that these premises are strong enough that there is cause to watch you both and examine your respective pasts.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #2687
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I dont trust you, if you were on the good side. you would have used it already! I will examine the device and find out what it REALLY does, then will act accordingly.

Yeah.. I'm sure that really is the case.. Good luck with trying to float that idea. You really expect that everyone is going to believe that -YOU- should have more say in who goes anywhere than Doom? Enjoy arguing that case.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #2688
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:

I don't buy it.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #2689
Punisher
High School JV

I think I know why the forum went down. I think Quicksilver stole the internet.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #2690
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
(catching up through the forum being down)

I find this to be a very interesting statement from someone who has claimed to be killed by one of the rebels. I think unless there is some incredible abilities from the rebels that we don't know about yet, one of Beast/Firebird have to be a rebel. Yet you would let them live so that they may get the chance to attack you again this night. Lynching one of them today would allow us (through a guard action) to protect you and perhaps deal with the other (Mr. Fantastic's device?) and quite frankly give us a bit of hope after a miserable effort by us loyalists so far.

I'm curious now, who do you think we should attack instead of one of them? What will you say if that person turns out to be loyal to Doom?

Based on some various conversation this morning.. I trust JeanGrey/thephoenix. I don't think her motives are unpure.. I just am having problems understanding the reasoning. I don't think that Jeangrey is working with whichever of Firebird/Beast are bad. Quicksilver on the other hand....
Old 10-13-2008, 02:24 PM   #2691
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Nope not spying, part of my standard PM from the mod.

So you get a standard PM every time I create something this game? Or you got one saying that I initiated the portal and had a device? Sorry, but I'm not really buying this at all.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:24 PM   #2692
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
So you acknowledge that I am incapable of making the attack, yet still believe that I conducted the attack?!
I never said you were incapable of making the attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Doom is much disappointed in your formatting abilities, Magneto.
LOL. That's awesome.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:24 PM   #2693
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
I don't buy it.

Good thing I dont care what you think then, huh?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #2694
Mimic
High School JV

Some other things:

1. Magneto, for your chart I did nothing the first two days as I was trying to save up energy.
2. WTH Quicksilver?
3. I think we still go with Firebird/Beast today. We can go with Quicksilver tomorrow.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #2695
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
So you get a standard PM every time I create something this game? Or you got one saying that I initiated the portal and had a device? Sorry, but I'm not really buying this at all.

I got something this morning saying you appeared to have an item, I am now using said item on you. Lets hope you die of radiation poisoning like Firebird.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:27 PM   #2696
Punisher
High School JV

What the?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:27 PM   #2697
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I got something this morning saying you appeared to have an item, I am now using said item on you. Lets hope you die of radiation poisoning like Firebird.

Well.. the funny thing is I know how that item works and you don't. So good luck with that.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:28 PM   #2698
Quicksilver
n00b

Wow, your response was very similar to the GM.

Hoops?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:28 PM   #2699
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quicksilver runs up to Mr.Fantastic and begins pushing buttons on the device. There is a low hum from the metal object that resonates throughout the great hall. A shimmering light emerges and washes over Reed Richards, whose faces contorts as you see his form begin to disappear ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:28 PM   #2700
Quicksilver
n00b

(That was a joke)