Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #551
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I'm curious how you think it clears up D1. If I'm a good guy, what does it tell you. If I was a wolf, what does it tell you?

I think it'd be better to spread around the damage where possible to keep more players involved in the game since we have a higher percentage of people in the game than the wolves. In a typical werewolf game, this isn't the case, but it seems like there is an awful lot of special power potential here which could make it worthwhile to keep people alive.

Even if I get offed tonight, I think it's the wrong direction to be taking.

I am going to strongly disagree with this. While it is not a basic werewolf game the basic principal is there and our goals are still the same to get rid of all the wolves. Spreading out the damage, weakening players that on a percentage are more then likely going to be villagers and not lynching anyone while letting the wolves pick us off one by one in the night is a poor strategy. We should try and remove the mechanics of the game from our mind as much as possible so that we are not lost over thinking the game.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #552
J23
College Benchwarmer

Well, I suppose it depends on how their NKs work. I was operating under the assumption that it killed off the player, not the characters. If this is the case then their nightkills are worth more if people are harder to kill during the day. If we're focusing on one person at a time to kill off, they can nightkill the high hp people and pick off the lower hp folks during the day.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #553
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

How does The Most Interesting Man of House The World suggest we learn aught if no players die? We cannot eliminate the forces of evil without some sacrifices and R'hllor states no sacrifice is as precious as those who are innocent.

OOC: And so far we know of a monster who attacks randomly and some spells with random effects as powers...also the wolves probably have powers as well so we need to kill them off as quickly as possible as well. It seems to me a strategy of spreading damage without killing anyone is like voting No Lynch (though not exactly the same thing I grant you).
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #554
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
So far now Autumn plus Hoops are in a much more trusted spot then anyone else. Even if you do not believe Autumn voting for his characters today does not make any sense since it is a poor percentage move. So the question I have for everyone is do we finish off the most interesting man in the world or not?

I think hoops is more trusted. I see one of two scenarios with Autumn:
1. Story is as he said
2. He is a wolf. The wolves went some non-night kill path/forgot to submit a kill and so he is using this as cover. In this scenario I think it unlikely he claims to guard another wolf.

I think 2 is much less likely than 1, especially as Hoops makes a tempting N1 target.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #555
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, I suppose it depends on how their NKs work. I was operating under the assumption that it killed off the player, not the characters. If this is the case then their nightkills are worth more if people are harder to kill during the day. If we're focusing on one person at a time to kill off, they can nightkill the high hp people and pick off the lower hp folks during the day.

In the rules, it states the characters of a NK'ed player may live on and go to another player. I take that 'may' to mean it might not always happen.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #556
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
How does The Most Interesting Man of House The World suggest we learn aught if no players die? We cannot eliminate the forces of evil without some sacrifices and R'hllor states no sacrifice is as precious as those who are innocent.

OOC: And so far we know of a monster who attacks randomly and some spells with random effects as powers...also the wolves probably have powers as well so we need to kill them off as quickly as possible as well. It seems to me a strategy of spreading damage without killing anyone is like voting No Lynch (though not exactly the same thing I grant you).

As I stated before, I imagine that with the cast of characters that we have that the village may very well have powers that would help us with this, in addition to the random characters we can interact with daily.

As I stated before, I'm certainly in a biased position being the likely first victim today. I just don't see how my death today would tell us anything except that people take an easy vote where they can find it, and with me not being able to pop on yesterday, it doesn't get much easier to place a vote.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #557
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Danny has stated that Night Kills kill players.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #558
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't like what's been going on down on Sesame Street. I just don't think it all adds up.

Attack Cookie Monster
Old 07-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #559
Zinto
College Starter

I am willing to move off of you for now TMIMITW but if you are a wolf them curse you. I am back to having no clue who to vote for and will be spending time eating some beets to figure it out.

Dwight unstandard attacks TMIMITW
Old 07-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #560
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I think hoops is more trusted. I see one of two scenarios with Autumn:
1. Story is as he said
2. He is a wolf. The wolves went some non-night kill path/forgot to submit a kill and so he is using this as cover. In this scenario I think it unlikely he claims to guard another wolf.

I think 2 is much less likely than 1, especially as Hoops makes a tempting N1 target.

Mostly I think Autumn could point to hoops being bad because it would make the whole enterprise much more worth it if they get two people cleared instead of one. Although Autumn dying and coming up bad would throw a real monkey wrench into the whole process in regards to hoops; we'd probably need a seer scan there.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #561
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The march hare does a backflip off the table and lands on his ears, the springs backward again and lands on his feet behind the table next to the Hatter. They immediately stack all the teacups into a fort and peek over the edge.

"bad monster! bad monster! bad bad bad monster! We want our mouse back!" they shout.

Suddenly a barrage of scones, saucers and teaspoons are thrown at Cookie Monster. The march hare leaps up into the air overtop thefort and lands on the Monster, big floppy rabbit feet first.

"You know, you COULD try an apple once in a while. it might make you less violent."

March hare attack Cookie Monster
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #562
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Ok this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. How would one go about attempting to steal a cookie? What's the motivation there. This whole thing raises Chubby's suspicion level with me a fair amount.

Happy I didn't die WOOT! (will post why in a little bit)

That's cookie monster's abilitiy, which sucks because I don't control it at all, but it is what it is. As far as I understand, the cookie thing is just flavor for a random attack (it's not a random kill from my reading of his ability)
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #563
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

alright the reason why I am so happy I didn't die last night was because I wanted to use Super Grover's night ability and post the results without it being wasted...

Super Grover 2.0 has the "power of investigation" which enabled him to scan one player one time only.

I scanned Lathum and he came up villager. While I was hoping to hit a wolf, I at least got to use the scan this game and post the results /grumble...
Old 07-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #564
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't like what's been going on down on Sesame Street. I just don't think it all adds up.

Attack Cookie Monster

Now that I am home from work I'd be happy to answer any questions you have, us kindly folk on "the street" have nothing to hide.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #565
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
As I stated before, I imagine that with the cast of characters that we have that the village may very well have powers that would help us with this, in addition to the random characters we can interact with daily.

As I stated before, I'm certainly in a biased position being the likely first victim today. I just don't see how my death today would tell us anything except that people take an easy vote where they can find it, and with me not being able to pop on yesterday, it doesn't get much easier to place a vote.

While I understand this, I don't see a better option today than you.

I plan on attacking you with all 3 sesame characters but am willing to wait to see if a better option opens up before I need to post my attacks for the day.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #566
J23
College Benchwarmer

Unfortunately, I'd suggest you Chubby since you came up with a power to help prove you're a villager after you had some pressure that just so happens can't possibly be verified.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #567
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Unfortunately, I'd suggest you Chubby since you came up with a power to help prove you're a villager after you had some pressure that just so happens can't possibly be verified.

some pressure? i have 2 votes on one character, in this game that isn't pressure at all. do you suggest that I should have not said anything about my scan?
Old 07-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #568
J23
College Benchwarmer

No, I'm just saying it's convenient that it's a scan that finds a
Old 07-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #569
J23
College Benchwarmer

oops.

it's a scan that finds a villager (which a wolf could fake easily), and it's one time use, so you don't have to name any others.

I'm not saying it's a fake, but it doesn't really do much to prove one way or the other.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #570
Zinto
College Starter

So while the scan does not totally clear either Chubby or Lathum it is more likely that Chubby is a wolf then Lathum in the scenario. So right now voting for one of Chubby's characters, Lathum, one of Autumn's characters, or Hoops is a poor percentage play.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #571
Zinto
College Starter

I also would not doubt that Chubby would be nervous about getting his scan in since he was the first person night killed the last two games before now.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #572
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

mal, Jayne, Zoe unattack cookie monster

This morning I went against my gut feeling because I decided in the end that it was a trip to the bathroom that was needed. I'll figure out what I want to do soon.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #573
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'd venture to guess that there is a way Grover could regain his skill with an interaction. I'll hold off on chubby for today.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #574
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
oops.

it's a scan that finds a villager (which a wolf could fake easily), and it's one time use, so you don't have to name any others.

I'm not saying it's a fake, but it doesn't really do much to prove one way or the other.

Oscar the Grouch's ability is one time use only and Cookie Monster's I don't control. Hey, I'd love to get another scan with him but I certainly am not counting on it.

I understand that (the not saying it's a fake) but you also have to understand that this argument coming from the lead person on the chopping block is kinda fishy too.

Maybe I missed it (being honest, I caught up quickly after work) but from my understanding of my characters and the fact that you had a shitton of votes on you either a) you have a million HP or b) an ability got used to save you (if you really weren't online at all)

I don't need to or want to know how many HP you have, just to clarify but you are my best choice right now so I might as well grill you.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #575
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I scanned Lathum and he came up villager. While I was hoping to hit a wolf, I at least got to use the scan this game and post the results /grumble...

well I can certainly agree with the scan, but it doesn't buy much trust in my book.

Not sure how much Seasame Street Danny watches, but super grover is kind of a bumbling idiot.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #576
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ZOMG!!!!! LAthum says he will be out all day, then within 30 minutes of Chubby clearing him he appears!!! They must be on short wave radio or something!!!!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #577
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I understand that (the not saying it's a fake) but you also have to understand that this argument coming from the lead person on the chopping block is kinda fishy too.

When I'm a dead villager tomorrow, you shouldn't have this concern.

Quote:
Maybe I missed it (being honest, I caught up quickly after work) but from my understanding of my characters and the fact that you had a shitton of votes on you either a) you have a million HP or b) an ability got used to save you (if you really weren't online at all)

I don't need to or want to know how many HP you have, just to clarify but you are my best choice right now so I might as well grill you.

I have what I think is a good amount of hps in my pool (and I'm down under 25% of my max now). I'm guessing that the opponent's attack value less my defense value is how many hps I lose, though this is pure speculation given that I have no idea what other people's stats are. If this is the case, then even a low defense would have helped considering how many people attacked me.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #578
Zinto
College Starter

In an effort to hear more from the man behind the gun I will perform my next attack.

Dwight uses his standard attack on the Heavy.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #579
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

(BBVBBVDVJNIOJGGYYYFJKJSFKUYGUIUIVJIFDJVO!!!!!!!!!!)

(BOW BEFORE THE GREAT CTHULU!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #580
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I would like to see J23 go today to see what his character is(albeit most of us voted him yesterday b/c he was absent).

I also agree that we should steer clear of Autumn/Hoops/Chubbs/Lathum today and let that play out a little more.

I think I'm leaving my votes on Tyrith and probably sending in an order to perform a move on him for some extra damage. I want some other people to help me finish him off though.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #581
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Do we "attack" instead of "vote"?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #582
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Do we "attack" instead of "vote"?

yes
Old 07-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #583
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I still don't have a great idea of where to go. The most interesting felow seems on his last legs , so we will get some closure there.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #584
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Oh no! It looks like I might have been struck by the Mispelling Vyrus! It dos look to be a small owtbrake.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #585
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

(VVHHVYVYUINUNGBIBIBIIIIHNBIRB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(ATTACK SAURON!!!!!!!)

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #586
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Attack TMIMINW
Old 07-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #587
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

hmmmm I have some sort of read on most of the players but none on cougarfreak as he has been pretty absent this game so let's see what this does...

Super Grover 2.0 attacks goo #1
Cookie Monster attacks goo #1
Oscar the Grouch attacks goo #2
Old 07-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #588
The Jackal
Coordinator

Odd choice of attack considering what we heard from the Muppets, Cthulu.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #589
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

(JGJGVGUBIFJID!!!!!!!NIFNNVUDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!)

(I AM THE ANCIENT ONE!!!!!! I BOW BEFORE NO OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!)

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #590
The Jackal
Coordinator

I was leaning towards goo myself, considering his replication and inherent lack of participation. But Cthulu has an explanation to give us, first.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #591
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
ahh almost missed this before I headed out the door.

Cookie Monster randomly attacked Dormouse because he stole one of his cookies. This is why the right said Cookie found a dead mouse under his foot. I had no control over that, the way I read his ability was that he got bonus attack against someone if they also stole one of his cookies that day but it appears he randomly attacks someone who took a cookie.

Cookie Monster only has 1 attack too so i'm guessing dormouse only had 1 HP as well.

I see you are trying to confuse me. I don't like it. Lucky for me Sasha does not get confused.

Heavy attacks Cookie Monster
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #592
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

(BBVHJBVVNDFVNJKSDGBNSBNNFGMBIML!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(I DON'T TRUST MUPPETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #593
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
In an effort to hear more from the man behind the gun I will perform my next attack.

Dwight uses his standard attack on the Heavy.

I am man, I have gun. What more would you like to know?
Old 07-12-2011, 04:54 PM   #594
mckerney
Coordinator

I'm coming for you Cookie Monster!

It feel good to be shooting at Blu team again.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #595
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Oscar the Grouch's ability is one time use only and Cookie Monster's I don't control. Hey, I'd love to get another scan with him but I certainly am not counting on it.

I don't buy that you have TWO characters with special abilities. Does this pass the smell test with anyone else?
Old 07-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #596
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA - Actually after thinking about that for a moment more against my own character I'm more willing to buy it.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #597
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't think killing the most interesting man actually tells us anything so I will keep my vote on someone whose play seems a little off to me, but for whom that might be unfair given what I remember of his play in general, but who also has multiple characters. As I continue to think killing players with multiple characters will be difficult at the end of the game I think still it a good D2 strategy. Come D3 we will have, hopefully, enough information to go serious wolf hunting.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #598
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

(GBKNGGGDFDRGTYVFVBVUYBUYBTVUTGBYIHYIGUBUBUYBYINYIB.YIOBUYBYBYUYBUYYBYBYYIBYIBYIYIBYIOHBTTTTTTFFCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(I AM THE ONE TRUE EVIL, I WILL DEVUR ALL THOSE WHO DARE TO CLAIM TO BE MY EQUAL [WEREWOLVES]. FEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #599
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't buy that you have TWO characters with special abilities. Does this pass the smell test with anyone else?

Hard to say at this point. The best reference would be someone else who has multiple characters. If they are one-time abilities like he claims I don't find it too far fetched. But he is in no way cleared for his clearing of Lathum.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #600
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

(VGGVBVNSDNBMFLBMDFMBMLFGMLMNKLMLMNMGNMGKLMNKGH)

(FOLLOW ME IF YOU WISH TO DEFEAT THEM AND I WILL KILL YOU QUICKLY AS YOUR REWARD)

―Darth Plagueis the Wise