Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #1251
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'd like to at the very least hear from bug, who left his vote on mckerney. Possible he wasn't able to check into the thread and/or saw the ridiculous amount of pages to catch up on.

VOTE BUG

This hurts me. I thought we were friends of the light

Wasn't around a little bit past 6 to monitor the switching/role reveals
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:48 AM   #1252
The Jackal
Coordinator

Thought we were friends because I scanned you last game?

My vote isn't set on you Bug, but CF seems to have a feeling and it's good to make some people who wouldn't normally post much have to say some things/get involved.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:50 AM   #1253
MrBug708
Head Coach

You scanned me?
Old 10-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #1254
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
You scanned me?

In the evil dead game? Yeah.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:53 AM   #1255
Thomkal
Head Coach

unvote mauboy
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #1256
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
In the evil dead game? Yeah.

I totally misread that...haha
Old 10-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #1257
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
okay jackal, i will do that...

vote MrBug

I keep looking back for a Jackal post and don't see what you are talking about?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #1258
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'll tell you what Jackal, since you scanned me last game, we can pretend you were scanned this game. Since I was good, I'll assume you are good in this game.

Deal?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #1259
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Thought we were friends because I scanned you last game?

My vote isn't set on you Bug, but CF seems to have a feeling and it's good to make some people who wouldn't normally post much have to say some things/get involved.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #1260
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I'll tell you what Jackal, since you scanned me last game, we can pretend you were scanned this game. Since I was good, I'll assume you are good in this game.

Deal?

Love the logic.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #1261
The Jackal
Coordinator

You should look for CF's posts, he's probably the person you need to be convincing.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #1262
MrBug708
Head Coach

I can't tell if you are serious or being Crimson Fox
Old 10-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #1263
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
You should look for CF's posts, he's probably the person you need to be convincing.

I've noticed that he usually convinces himself based on a hunch. I'm not sure I could do that effectively. And I'd rather not try and convince him
Old 10-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #1264
Autumn
Head Coach

Seems to me that Jackal and J23 still deserve some possible votes as people who were right in the thick of things, but not lynched.

Also, that list I was going by yesterday, of people who voted elsewhere than NTN after Bhlloy's reveal, is growing shorter:

CF, Lathum, Mckerney, J23

CF's not getting a pass from me, but combine the two and I think I'm going after J23 for now.

vote J23
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #1265
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Seems to me that Jackal and J23 still deserve some possible votes as people who were right in the thick of things, but not lynched.

Also, that list I was going by yesterday, of people who voted elsewhere than NTN after Bhlloy's reveal, is growing shorter:

CF, Lathum, Mckerney, J23

CF's not getting a pass from me, but combine the two and I think I'm going after J23 for now.

vote J23

I don't understand why you think the group you've selected has a higher chance of being a wolf than those that left their votes on people not in the running, or those who left their vote NOT on ntn the first day. I mean, I understand you wanting to find a way to justify how you're voting, but the reasoning seems exceedingly weak to me.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #1266
SnDvls
Pro Starter

VOTE EAGLEFAN

I know nothing on him/about him and have nothing strong on him either way just a vote
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #1267
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
So we've got Zinto, Bug, Thomkal, Chief, EagleFan and SnDvls I'm thinking of looking at today.

Pulling Chief from the list because he's not been well and it seems a bit harsh to pile onto him under those circumstances then you could pretty much stick a pin at random into any of these and have a shot at getting a wolf. Luckily I don't think any of them have posted much so it shouldn't be too hard to make a decision out of them. But, really, I'm happy to vote any of them at this stage, based on the way voting goes.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #1268
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Yes and the ongoing debate tomorrow would just add some cover to the wolves.

Im guessing since there was a minister in the game, there is probably a vampire too.

the item I have leaves me to believe there is a vampire in the game or it's just a useless item then
Old 10-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #1269
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We can only hope this hasn't happened. I'm still curious, not sure if anyone answered, do we remember if it was possible to convert and kill on the same night? I know in most games with a conversion, usually you knew something was up when there was no NK. But with this many players I suppose it's possible they could both happen.

IDK, but it is entirely possible that the seer was corrupted N1 just doing his scan. No wolf action needed.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #1270
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I don't understand why you think the group you've selected has a higher chance of being a wolf than those that left their votes on people not in the running, or those who left their vote NOT on ntn the first day. I mean, I understand you wanting to find a way to justify how you're voting, but the reasoning seems exceedingly weak to me.

Those who left their vote elsewhere are another good group to look at, sure. Though I think someone did and said they were all people who aren't around at night. But I agree, that's another place for a wolf to be.

There's what 20 people in the game now? Yes, I have to somehow come up with something to limit my voting pool or else I'd never be able to pick someone. If someone else's reasoning sounds better to me I'd gladly switch. But I think the point where there's a reveal and, and there's a wolf in the voting mix, is a *very* strong place to look for wolf moves, much more so than any other time during that day.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #1271
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Reading through their posts I get decentish vibes from SnDvls and Zinto. Leaves Eagle, Bug and Thomkal. Wouldn't mind a run off of these guys. If the draft thingy is over I'd like to see a bit more from Eagle.

Vote EagleFan

See if he has anything to say for himself today.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #1272
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Those who left their vote elsewhere are another good group to look at, sure. Though I think someone did and said they were all people who aren't around at night. But I agree, that's another place for a wolf to be.

There's what 20 people in the game now? Yes, I have to somehow come up with something to limit my voting pool or else I'd never be able to pick someone. If someone else's reasoning sounds better to me I'd gladly switch. But I think the point where there's a reveal and, and there's a wolf in the voting mix, is a *very* strong place to look for wolf moves, much more so than any other time during that day.

I think when there's a reveal, everyone is going to move off that candidate. The fact that a wolf was one of the other options to move to should make you examine those movements, but having a wolf in the mix doesn't make those moving off of the revealed player more likely to be a wolf since it's just dumb luck as far as who was on the revealed player already(I will concede that out of this group, those that moved onto ntn would look better however, unless they play like dubb where they try to actively kill their wolf friends). If you wanted to use your reasoning, I would think you'd look at players that moved from the non-revealed players to people other than Ntn after the reveal shook up the lynch voting.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #1273
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Wasn't that person Hoops? No way that could be a convert steering people away from a wolf. Right? Right?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #1274
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think when there's a reveal, everyone is going to move off that candidate. The fact that a wolf was one of the other options to move to should make you examine those movements, but having a wolf in the mix doesn't make those moving off of the revealed player more likely to be a wolf since it's just dumb luck as far as who was on the revealed player already(I will concede that out of this group, those that moved onto ntn would look better however, unless they play like dubb where they try to actively kill their wolf friends). If you wanted to use your reasoning, I would think you'd look at players that moved from the non-revealed players to people other than Ntn after the reveal shook up the lynch voting.

Friend is such a strong word.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #1275
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I mean, you make it seem like I stab these people in the back. I merely stab them in the face. Big difference.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #1276
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm not saying people who moved off the reveal are wolves. I'm saying that if a wolf moves, after a reveal, they're going to try to encourage a different candidate other than a wolf. Since we know one of the options was a wolf, people who went elsewhere, especially if somebody goes to a candidate who seems a less good candidate than NTN, might be wolves.

I mean you can harp on my reasoning, but here's the votes, you can do your own analysis and tell me who you think makes a better candidate.

((bhlloy reveals))
bhlloy unvotes dubb 275
bhlloy votes mauboy 275
jackal unvotes bhlloy 281
jackal votes mauboy 283
ef unvotes danny 287
ef votes mauboy 287
jackal unvotes mauboy 296
jackal votes J23 296
danny votes ntn 297
CF unvotes mauboy 306
CF votes J23 306
Lahtum unvotes danny 310
lathum votes J23 310
commo unvotes bhlloy 318
mckerney unvotes bhlloy 329
mckerney votes mauboy 329
commo votes ntn 334
J23 unvotes bhlloy 352
J23 votes mauboy 354
bhlloy unvotes mauboy 357
bhlloy votes ntn 357
mauboy unvotes dubb 361
mauboy votes ntn 361
j23 unvotes mauboy 364
j23 votes ntn 364
dzilla unvotes ntn 377
dubb unvotes bhlloy 386
RA votes ntn 390
CF unvotes J23 393
CF votes ntn 393
dubb votes J23 400
autumn unvotes J23
autumn votes ntn
Old 10-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #1277
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Wasn't that person Hoops? No way that could be a convert steering people away from a wolf. Right? Right?

Well I'm not sure I'm going to vote for someone for not moving their vote, when they weren't here. Yes, of course they could be a wolf, but the fact that they didn't move their vote when not here isn't at all evidence of that. It's just taking a blind shot.

I'm not even sure that that's true about people who didn't move their votes. It's not something I've looked at.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #1278
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm still curious, not sure if anyone answered, do we remember if it was possible to convert and kill on the same night?

We obviously don't know for sure, but I think with there being servants who can't communicate with each other there's a good chance the groups would each be able to do a night action.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #1279
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Good Luck on the job Eagle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Jeez, I have this many posts to read through?

Anyone have a summary?

Sorry, was tied up all evening with the first 10 rounds of the ELB draft (thanks to the other WW players who are involved as well). Have more league stuff to do before getting to bed tonight.

I really should have opted out with my schedule tied up with the league and work (keep your fingers crossed, I had put in for what I believe to be a more stable job in a different division of our company a while back and never heard anything back so I assumed it was dead. today I received a request from the person that I interviewed with to meet tomorrow. with the threats of layoffs in our division this could be great timing.).
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #1280
hoopsguy
General Manager

I was the person who looked at all the "single votes" from Day 1 and concluded, based on lack of posts near the deadline, that they were not around to move them that day.

This doesn't mean they aren't wolves, just that I wasn't going to use the "wasted vote" logic to target them last night when I was trying to make up my mind.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #1281
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Gl Eagle!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #1282
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Was there a possessed person in the first game? Anyone know how that works. Does the possessed person have to do what someone else tells them? Do orders go through the GM?

If someone tries to possess or convert someone else and it fails, does the person know something happened?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #1283
The Jackal
Coordinator

I don't think there is possession, just conversion. I imagine if a conversion attempt failed because of a role like the Minister (goodbye to that), they'd know they were attempted upon but not learn the identity of the person.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #1284
The Jackal
Coordinator

But I don't believe that's spelled out clearly in the rules - in other words it's your best guess, and we probably won't find out now.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #1285
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Pulling Chief from the list because he's not been well and it seems a bit harsh to pile onto him under those circumstances then you could pretty much stick a pin at random into any of these and have a shot at getting a wolf. Luckily I don't think any of them have posted much so it shouldn't be too hard to make a decision out of them. But, really, I'm happy to vote any of them at this stage, based on the way voting goes.

I appreciate that, but it's really not necessary. I'm much better now and getting back into the swing of things.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #1286
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Oh, OK then.

Vtoe Chief.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #1287
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh, OK then.

Vtoe Chief.

lol

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #1288
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Not gonna be around much during the day. I'll be online this evening, though.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #1289
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Bad day for me after 5. Game at 6 and 9 central so I won't be around at deadline again.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #1290
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Bad day for me after 5. Game at 6 and 9 central so I won't be around at deadline again.

So logically we should wait until after 6 and then all switch to you?
Old 10-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #1291
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'll peak in between 7-8 to cry then.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #1292
Zinto
College Starter

Quiet day so far. Probably because Danny and Crimson haven't been here yet today. I am going to have to go look back at yesterday's voting to see what I can see.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #1293
MrBug708
Head Coach

Agreed. And here I sit not subbing
Old 10-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #1294
SnDvls
Pro Starter

quick vote count for those to lazy to reread 2 pages for today

Thomkal 1 - Eaglefan (1240)
MrBug 2 - The Jackal (1244), CrimsonFox (1209)
Eaglefan 2 - SnDvls (1266), Narcizo (1271)
j23 1 - Autumn (1264)

unvote

Thomkal (1255) of mauboy
Old 10-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #1295
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I don't think there is possession, just conversion. I imagine if a conversion attempt failed because of a role like the Minister (goodbye to that), they'd know they were attempted upon but not learn the identity of the person.
If there is no possession, then there probably would not be an exorcist role.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #1296
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Oh well I'm not going to get any action from Eagle before I go then. I'll leave my vote where it is and hope that, for the first time this game, I haven't left it on a roled villager.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:25 PM   #1297
Autumn
Head Coach

Note to self, post 1280 is the last post I read.

I'm real busy today and probably won't get much chance to read anything until after the kids are in bed, hopefully have time to digest and post before deadline.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #1298
Danny
Head Coach

I am awake and catching up now
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #1299
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzilla77 View Post
Yes, tried Lathum last night with obviously no result. Open to suggestions for tonight, if I make it that far.

Not to be mean, but why would you choose Lathum?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #1300
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
If there is no possession, then there probably would not be an exorcist role.

Good point