Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-31-2006, 09:22 PM   #501
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, and ironically, cronin is the last surviving member of that group and i stated he is my vote tomorrow...wow
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:23 PM   #502
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Well, i should point out that is highly suspicious...either im a vengeful and master puppet manager wizard, or someone is trying to make me look like one

That's a good point. I think Blade's clear based on what I know right now. That just looks so bad it has to be clean. Sort of like what Frodo said about Aragorn:

Something like:

If he were a servent of the enemy he'd look fair and feel foul.

And I think Aragorn respond with, so I look foul but feel fair, is that it?

Blade is like Aragorn. He looks foul but feels fair.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:24 PM   #503
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Hmm. I was hoping that you guys were right about mckerney. Does the fact that there was not a late switch that killed hoopsguy, just thretened him mean he's clear or that he's more likely to be dirty than ever. I;d love to hear the thoughts of those more experienced, because my head sometimes hurts when I think hard about WW.

-Anxiety
Their were two swings against hoops(late late swings), and both times they were repelled...that tells me either hoops is bad, or we just really suck. To me, ardent saving hoops is less threatening becuse they are friends are respect one another, where as i dont believe ardent knows mckerney at all...but it is still quite interesting
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:25 PM   #504
hoopsguy
General Manager

My circles of trust are emerging quickly:
Absolute trust: none
Moderate trust: AlanT, Ardent
Little bit of trust: Cronin, Saldana
Middle of the road: Barkeep, Lathum, Anxiety, Dubb (whoever replaces him)
Some Distrust: Tyrith
Distrust: Schmidty, Blade
High Distrust: Path

Cronin, I recognize that publishing this during the night actions provides the wolves with incentive to kill the trusted people. But it also ensures that if/when it is revealed upon my death that I'm a wolf that there is an indisputable information trail to follow in terms of my thought processes. And I hope these types of posts have value for the remaining wolves if they have to close out the game without me at some point.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:26 PM   #505
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Nobody but the wolves and the seer do, but its still a little staggering how back and forth you have been this game. Actually, so far you have made this game worthwhile for me. Watching your play style change and develop game after game is truly a great enjoyment, your an assest to WW cronin(the fact your play style is somewhat beginning to resemble mine surely has no effect on my feelings )

Somehow, I don't get people mad, though. I have been sort of all over the place in this game, and it's a little embarrasing. Both days I've been as close to positive as possible given my role that the guy being lynched was innocent. But I don't have a real+ good read on any wiz/henchmen yet, either.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:29 PM   #506
Blade6119
Coordinator

Stunning list...basically mine is the exact flip of yours, with people moving at most one rung down/up
Demotivation
Old 05-31-2006, 09:30 PM   #507
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, in regards to "two swings" - I moved my vote for one of them. That is hardly calling in the troops. I think you did the same thing yesterday.

View Ardent in whatever way suits your purposes in terms of the 2nd "swing".

In terms of us "really sucking" - yeah, we are off to a lousy start if you were good. Of course, if you weren't then the bad guys might have committed more than one vote to protecting you yesterday in the 5-4 vote.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:30 PM   #508
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Somehow, I don't get people mad, though. I have been sort of all over the place in this game, and it's a little embarrasing. Both days I've been as close to positive as possible given my role that the guy being lynched was innocent. But I don't have a real+ good read on any wiz/henchmen yet, either.
Thats because you avoid the smart alike remarks and angry comments. I had to delete a post pre-posting about the results thats was total dick..im working on it, and watching you is helping me learn how to play without gaining enemies
Demotivation
Old 05-31-2006, 09:32 PM   #509
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
In terms of us "really sucking" - yeah, we are off to a lousy start if you were good. Of course, if you weren't then the bad guys might have committed more than one vote to protecting you yesterday in the 5-4 vote.
Same can be said for you, its all heresay
Demotivation
Old 05-31-2006, 09:34 PM   #510
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

my trust list is a bit different right now.

Moderate trust: Cronin, Saldana
Little trust: Lathum, Ardent
Neutral: Blade, Dubb, Barkeep, Tyrith, Hoops
Little distrust: Schmidty, Anxiety
Moderate distrust: Path

I'm mostly middle of the road on alot of folks right now. Its a bit tougher for me trying to catch up, but I'm guessing if I live another day or two I will start feeling more comfortable with who I trust.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:36 PM   #511
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Cronin, I recognize that publishing this during the night actions provides the wolves with incentive to kill the trusted people. But it also ensures that if/when it is revealed upon my death that I'm a wolf that there is an indisputable information trail to follow in terms of my thought processes. And I hope these types of posts have value for the remaining wolves if they have to close out the game without me at some point.

You seemed to imply earlier that when you died you would NOT be revealed as a wolf. I think if you live through the night I will be voting for you again tomorrow.

knives out
Old 05-31-2006, 09:37 PM   #512
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, I know it is asking for a big leap of faith. But that said, just about all of your theories today were based on the assumption that I was on Team Wizard. It is going to be difficult to win the game if you continue down this path.

You expressed suspicion of Path near the voting deadline on Night 1. I would ask you to double-back and see if that idea still resonates for you tonight/tomorrow. Because I think he is the player who seemed to be making an effort to post more on Day 1 than usual. He seemed to have a hard time committing today, until changing his vote to me with 5 minutes left. As a wizard/henchman, he knew that Ardent was going to be forced to make a wrong pick in that situation.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:38 PM   #513
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Nobody but the wolves and the seer do, but its still a little staggering how back and forth you have been this game. Actually, so far you have made this game worthwhile for me. Watching your play style change and develop game after game is truly a great enjoyment, your an assest to WW cronin(the fact your play style is somewhat beginning to resemble mine surely has no effect on my feelings )

I was glad to see that last sentence, because I was about to introduce Mr. Pot to Mr. Kettle.....
Old 05-31-2006, 09:40 PM   #514
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, repost from my Post #466:
Quote:
I fully expect to show up as a wolf, just not a garden-variety ordinary one. I have a role and if there is any kind of role reveal on death (by lynching) then you should get that information.

Which would mean that Tanglewood was an ordinary wolf.

If there is nothing special about my death scene or any kind of info revealed on my role then you can't make the assumption that Tanglewood was a normal (no role) wolf.

I wouldn't bother responding to your posts directly as often as I am if I didn't think you were on my side.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:42 PM   #515
Blade6119
Coordinator

Fozzie, did you recieve my PM? I have recieved no indication in thread or private to assume you did
Demotivation
Old 05-31-2006, 09:43 PM   #516
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Actually, with the heat and suspicion you're under right now, I'm kind of glad to be on the bottom of your list. Hoops, let's face it -- right now you're the big dog around here WW-wise. The longer you live, the more suspicious you become. For this game, anyway.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:43 PM   #517
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, its about Dubbs spot for anyone wondering why im PMing fozzie
Demotivation
Old 05-31-2006, 09:44 PM   #518
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
dola, its about Dubbs spot for anyone wondering why im PMing fozzie

No, you can't have it. You're already in the game.

knives out
Old 05-31-2006, 09:45 PM   #519
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

heehee

Old 05-31-2006, 09:46 PM   #520
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, I hope the wizard and his gang take that into account tonight. I can at least face my accusors during the day cycle.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:49 PM   #521
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
No, you can't have it. You're already in the game.
Well, as the best WW player to ever walk the earth, i figure as one players i can only steer the game...as two i could win it alone.

SARCASM^^^^^
Demotivation
Old 05-31-2006, 09:50 PM   #522
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
btw I am sending this link to a funny cartoon which seems exactly like our situation

Yay wolves

http://www.houseofglass.org/site/dat...k/Werewolf.jpg
Just read this, and its funny
Demotivation
Old 05-31-2006, 09:50 PM   #523
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Fozzie, did you recieve my PM? I have recieved no indication in thread or private to assume you did

Regarding the replacement of Dubb? Yes. I have offered the position to someone, if he doesn't take it, then the next fofcer to express interest in it will get it.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:52 PM   #524
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

You expressed suspicion of Path near the voting deadline on Night 1. I would ask you to double-back and see if that idea still resonates for you tonight/tomorrow. Because I think he is the player who seemed to be making an effort to post more on Day 1 than usual. He seemed to have a hard time committing today, until changing his vote to me with 5 minutes left. As a wizard/henchman, he knew that Ardent was going to be forced to make a wrong pick in that situation.

As for posting frequency, it's not just this game if you check back. My last two games here I have started to post and (hopefully) contribute a little more. This is partly due to the fact that I've played somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 WW games in the past three weeks, and am starting to get a feel for tactics and pressing others. That said, I'm never going to be top of the list for posts in a game, but likely I'll be upper middle.

My vote today. I said when I placed my vote on Tyrith that it was a placeholder and would likely change after I had a chance to look today's thread over -- I was pretty slammed at work and didn't have the chance to follow along as closely as usual. When I got home and caught up, I also said that I wasn't thrilled with either of the two candidates. So with 10 minutes left my choices were:

1) Vote mckerney for a two vote swing and learn about mckerney.
2) Vote you to tie it up, and see if there would be any late switches that would tell us more.

I think my choice was a no-brainer, and I'd make it again in a second. That it was you may not sit well from your end, but logically there was no better play for me, especially when I didn't have a preference as to who was lynched.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:55 PM   #525
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
As for posting frequency, it's not just this game if you check back. My last two games here I have started to post and (hopefully) contribute a little more. This is partly due to the fact that I've played somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 WW games in the past three weeks, and am starting to get a feel for tactics and pressing others. That said, I'm never going to be top of the list for posts in a game, but likely I'll be upper middle.

My vote today. I said when I placed my vote on Tyrith that it was a placeholder and would likely change after I had a chance to look today's thread over -- I was pretty slammed at work and didn't have the chance to follow along as closely as usual. When I got home and caught up, I also said that I wasn't thrilled with either of the two candidates. So with 10 minutes left my choices were:

1) Vote mckerney for a two vote swing and learn about mckerney.
2) Vote you to tie it up, and see if there would be any late switches that would tell us more.

I think my choice was a no-brainer, and I'd make it again in a second. That it was you may not sit well from your end, but logically there was no better play for me, especially when I didn't have a preference as to who was lynched.
I for one, have you right near the top of my trust list. I agree you have posted more in recent games, not just this one. I have seen nothing from you to make me suspect you, and the fact hoops and a few others seem bent on attacking all of my most trusted people just further seperates my trusted from my damn them lists
Demotivation
Old 05-31-2006, 10:06 PM   #526
Blade6119
Coordinator

So, this thread sure died after anxiety started his...i wonder which side, good or bad, slipped up
Demotivation
Old 05-31-2006, 10:10 PM   #527
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ladies and gentlemen, now playing the role of dubb..

Coffee Warlord!
Old 05-31-2006, 10:12 PM   #528
path12
Coordinator

Bring on the yaks!
Old 05-31-2006, 10:13 PM   #529
st.cronin
General Manager

woot

knives out
Old 05-31-2006, 10:13 PM   #530
Schmidty
Coordinator

Just got back, and saw the disappointing results.

I am now more convinced than ever that either hoopsguy or AlanT are one of the wizards. Gut feeling, but also their subtle leadings toward people (such as me) that I have a feeling are good. I know this will draw heat from them, but that's not my problem. This is how I feel.

Usually in situations like this, one wolf votes for the lynched person, just to make sure the numbers are there, and the other wolf will vote for someone who is one of there own (unless there's a clear consensus) to seperate themselves. Obviously, this time the two guys that I feel are top suspects voted for the same guy. So unless they are totally mind-fucking us, one is totally clean and the other is totally a wolf. Like I said this is a gut feeling with a little fact based on if they distrust me.

this is what I'm looking at: If either of them lay off me, then that's a good indicator that they are fishy. Then again, now that I said that, they likely won't. I am thinking in circles.

If I die tonight, don't necessarily look at those guys, as it is a traditional bad guy move to kill the guy who is accusing someone the baddies knows is a goody. At the same time, you never know.

This was the stupidest post ever. It accomplished little, but I don't want to waste it.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:13 PM   #531
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Bring on the yaks!

Nah, no yaks, but everyone can target him with actions if they want, make him feel right at home *this is a joke, based off the XCOM game*
Old 05-31-2006, 10:16 PM   #532
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty

I am now more convinced than ever that either hoopsguy or AlanT are one of the wizards. Gut feeling, but also their subtle leadings toward people (such as me) that I have a feeling are good. I know this will draw heat from them, but that's not my problem. This is how I feel.

Usually in situations like this, one wolf votes for the lynched person, just to make sure the numbers are there, and the other wolf will vote for someone who is one of there own (unless there's a clear consensus) to seperate themselves. Obviously, this time the two guys that I feel are top suspects voted for the same guy. So unless they are totally mind-fucking us, one is totally clean and the other is totally a wolf. Like I said this is a gut feeling with a little fact based on if they distrust me.

this is what I'm looking at: If either of them lay off me, then that's a good indicator that they are fishy. Then again, now that I said that, they likely won't. I am thinking in circles.

If I die tonight, don't necessarily look at those guys, as it is a traditional bad guy move to kill the guy who is accusing someone the baddies knows is a goody. At the same time, you never know.

This was the stupidest post ever. It accomplished little, but I don't want to waste it.

This post would be hilarious in the "Ping: drunk guy" thread.

knives out
Old 05-31-2006, 10:17 PM   #533
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Nah, no yaks, but everyone can target him with actions if they want, make him feel right at home *this is a joke, based off the XCOM game*

If I wake up tomorrow and have 79 private messages of what happened to me at night, I'm going to hurt you.

Hey kids. Already been sorta looking, anyone have a good recap of Events To Date?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:19 PM   #534
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
If I wake up tomorrow and have 79 private messages of what happened to me at night, I'm going to hurt you.

Hey kids. Already been sorta looking, anyone have a good recap of Events To Date?
Day one came down to me and tangle, tangle died...night one qwik died...day 2 came down to hoops and mckerney, mckerney died...both votes were close...we now head to night 2(there was a night 0)
Demotivation
Old 05-31-2006, 10:22 PM   #535
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord

The wolves are getting their fannies kicked, afaict. I think we should sacrifice a Yak. Immediately.

knives out
Old 05-31-2006, 10:23 PM   #536
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sounds like pretty much every WW post to me!

-Anxiety

Old 05-31-2006, 10:27 PM   #537
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BTW: I have discussed the OOPS with Anxiety, and deemed it too minor to do any corrective work on it.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:29 PM   #538
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
The wolves are getting their fannies kicked, afaict. I think we should sacrifice a Yak. Immediately.

Very well. A yak shall be sacrificed this night!

Just read the last few pages. Still on Vegas time (which ROCKED, btw), so I'm crashing early. I'll post thoughts tomorrow morning assuming I'm alive.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:30 PM   #539
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Im not sure why my questioning your move is so big a deal. You made a late move off of someone onto someone else that clouded the end picture. My main thought is if its two wolves then its not a huge deal. If hoops is bad then your moving at that point as a safe move to bury a bote is something I look for. You arent at the top of my suspicious list, but I don't think its a stretch to say that move was suspicious.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:46 PM   #540
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Here's the thing: I'm not sad to see mckerny go if a wolf had to go. I mean I'd rather have killed a human any day of the week, and twice on Sunday, but the guy was contributing nothing. Not even after being put on the block. Hoops, curse his wicked soul, is not only providing information himself, but has successfully elicited information. That, for days 1 and 2, is a good thing. So let's take a look at who has a perfect voting record:
1.Anxiety
9. path12
15.tanglewood - Torn Apart Day 1

I think it's more likely that in early voting a baddie is going to appear to have a successful voting record then a good guy. Something to think about for everyone, and especially if I get offed tonight.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:58 PM   #541
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
FWIW, I don't have Blade in a "complete trust" mode - just marginally above the average because I think there was a good amount of danger he was in yesterday. Danger that I think could have been avoided, to a large extent, if he was a human and had some votes aligned with him.
Quote:
My vote for you, which i openly admitted wasnt going to lynch you, changed your trust in me that dramatically...odd, no buddy?
Demotivation
Old 05-31-2006, 11:11 PM   #542
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Here's the thing: I'm not sad to see mckerny go if a wolf had to go. I mean I'd rather have killed a human any day of the week, and twice on Sunday, but the guy was contributing nothing. Not even after being put on the block. Hoops, curse his wicked soul, is not only providing information himself, but has successfully elicited information. That, for days 1 and 2, is a good thing. So let's take a look at who has a perfect voting record:
1.Anxiety
9. path12
15.tanglewood - Torn Apart Day 1

I think it's more likely that in early voting a baddie is going to appear to have a successful voting record then a good guy. Something to think about for everyone, and especially if I get offed tonight.

I was the first on hoopsguy, I believe, and he was almost whacked. I think that's hard to account for as a perfect voting record. We don;t know about hoopsguy or Barkeep (you), my two votes thus far, and a lot of people voted with me on hoops. I would have had no way of knowing at the time how many people would vote with hoops or how close it'd get, so I think it'd be hard to pin me on that one.

To be fair, there's not a lot of sample size on Days One and Two either, but there may not be a lot to go on tomorrow. I do suspect that you are right though, after being a lunatic for part of the game last time, I was often trying not to get noticed, so I understand your line of reasoning.

-Anxiety

Old 05-31-2006, 11:14 PM   #543
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Tangle shouldn't have been on that list. So it leaves you and path. I offer the list without commentary really, just something I wanted to throw out there in case I got whacked.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:19 PM   #544
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

*giggles madly as he types up the result for the morning*

Oooh.. the game's gotten interesting
Old 05-31-2006, 11:20 PM   #545
st.cronin
General Manager

wow, that was a short night

knives out
Old 05-31-2006, 11:21 PM   #546
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Damn. I was about to go to bed. But if he's doing results I want to stay up.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:22 PM   #547
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Oh go to sleep, I was just cross referencing everything I've received so far.

Plus I couldn't resist giggling. You might think I'm the mad wizard at this point.. But I'm not a wizard. mad? MAAAAAYBE
Old 05-31-2006, 11:31 PM   #548
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Tangle shouldn't have been on that list. So it leaves you and path. I offer the list without commentary really, just something I wanted to throw out there in case I got whacked.

I don't mind, i just want my response out there first in case you *do* get whacked as well

-Anxiety

Old 05-31-2006, 11:49 PM   #549
st.cronin
General Manager

Oog:

Well, I'm heading home boys. Last night, I almost hit a horse on Rt 22. Wish me luck.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 01:54 AM   #550
mckerney
Coordinator

Not surprised at the result when I wasn't going to be around most the day. Good luck wolves, off to a great start so far...
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote