Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2005, 05:13 AM   #51
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Looking for a roleplaying game with nice graphics and good gameplay, then you might want to give this one a look. It is set in 16th century Asia:
Anito: Defend a Land Enraged
Free to try(level limit)/$20 for full version

Since there aren't a lot of fighting games, I decided to give this one a look. From the demo, this is a pretty sweet game. However I have never been much of a joystick jockey so I will place it here for those that are:
Mythic Blades
Free to try(stage limit)/$24.99 for full version

This game looks to be another Risk clone, but this one has many more nice features. It is very customizable and there is multiplayer. Check it out:
The Strategist
Free to try/$14.95 for full version

This is a nice RTS strategy game set in a futuristic world in which the world in controlled by mutants and humans. The only resource that each side uses is trash. In this game, you use the trash to build up your armies to defeat the enemy. Seems simple, but there are so many options and this strictly a multiplayer game. Check it out:
Trash
Free to try/$19.95 for full version

When I first looked at the screenshots for this game, I thought I would lose interest in the first 5 minutes. Two hours later, I began to realize that this game is pretty much a more violent version of that old game "River City Ransom". If you hadn't heard of that game, it was basically a side scrolling fighting game with some roleplaying elements and a storyline to advance you through each stage. The side quests are not bad at all. Check it out:
Zombie Smashers X2
Free to try(level limit)/$19.81 for full version

Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:19 AM   #52
Antmeister
Pro Starter

This is a nice little action/adventure game that I have came across that is nice. It is one of those games in which acccomplish task usually a car that you can upgrade with the reward money that you earn:
Mexican Motor Mafia
Free to try(level limit)/$16.99 for full version

This next game is somewhat of a throwback, but it is unique in its own way. In this game, you control a ship and try to defend a planet from aliens and other floating objects. However as you earn points along the way, you eventually earn enough to upgrade both the ship and planet. This game is great for kids and adults alike:
Clash and Slash
Free to try/$19.99 for full version

Last edited by Antmeister : 11-07-2005 at 12:20 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:48 PM   #53
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Here is a solution to those IPod users that are looking for a way to backup your IPod songs, audiobooks, etc:
CopyPod
14-day free trial/$19.90 to buy/$24.80 for CopyPod and CopyPod Photo

Here's a solution to those that have multiple passwords and identities on multiple web sites. This basically organizes and stores this on your own system and logs you in automatically:
RoboForm
30-day free trial/$29.95 for 1 license/$8.95 for additional license if purchased before 12/01/2005
Old 11-09-2005, 02:07 AM   #54
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Lately I have realized that I am getting that gaming bug again and here is a list of games that I have discovered thus far:

The first game is a very neat little RTS game. What makes this one unique is that when you go to the next level, you can bring the surviving units with you and they can also increase in rank which makes the strategy for this game pretty unique. Check it out:
I of the Enemy
First episode is free/$19.99 for digital download/$29.99 physical shipment
(Windows only)

The best way to describe this is that it is basically a text sim version of Grand Theft Auto. Haven't quite seen a game like this before, but I know some of you guys may find it interesting:
Car Thief 5
Free to try/$19.99 to buy
(Windows only)

This is just Monopoly on steroids. Reviews state that it is the best balance they have seen in a game:
Billionaire II
Free to try/$19.95 to buy
(Windows only)

If anyone remembers this old paper and pencil game called "Car Wars", this game sort of reminds me of it. Take on a beat up car, enter races and upgrade along the way (with weapons, engine enhancements, tires, etc.), and work your way up the ladder:
Mad Cars
Free to try(time limit)/$19.95 to buy
(Windows only)

Here is a naval strategy game that is turn based. It seems to be a very deep game, so please don't stress too much on the graphics. Besides there is a 30 day free trial. So check it out:
Lost Admiral Returns
Free to try(30 day trial)/$19.95 for basic version/$29.95 for deluxe version
(Windows only)

Here is another tennis game, but this one is much tougher than the other one. Although it doesn't offer any type of career mode, it is the cheapest game I have seen for such a quality game:
Dream Match Tennis/Dream Match Tennis Online
Free to try/$4.95 to buy/Beta version of online game available for free at this time.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:54 AM   #55
daedalus
Pro Rookie

I heart Antmeister71.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:30 PM   #56
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Excellent site to try out games before you buy them. I use this site once in a while. There are even commercial games on this site as well:
TryGames
Old 11-10-2005, 09:16 AM   #57
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Yep, you guessed it.....more games:

Here is an adventure/rpg hybrid:

Mornining's Wrath
Free to try/$19.95 to download/$29.95 for box

This one looks interesting, but I must admit I haven't tried it out yet so I don't know what to expect. It mentions it is a single player/multiplayer persistent world and there is even the ability to build mulit classes up to level 100. Interesting:
Minions of Mirth
And here is the guidebook to get started:
MoM Guidebook
Free to try/$25 for preorder and to play in beta

Now this one is another hybrid that billed as arcade/rpg:
Evil Invasion
Free to try/$16.95 to buy
Old 11-11-2005, 04:08 AM   #58
Antmeister
Pro Starter

This is a nice little game and the game appears to be rock solid in terms of both stability and game play. This is a nice conquer the universe type game but this has a number of features that make this more appealing. The demo is free to try and they don't scale back any of the features. So check it out:
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
Free to try/$24.95 to purchase a boxed version only.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:32 PM   #59
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Yes.....two more games.

This one is a space combat simulation with a good story and an interesting week by week mission interface. The demo is really interesting:

Cellblock Squadrons
Free to try/$25.00 to buy

This next game is a fast paced side scrolling action game, full of powerups, upgrades, storyline and mass mayhem:
Heavy Weapon
Free to try/$19.99 to buy
Old 11-15-2005, 02:11 PM   #60
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Since adventure games are such a dying breed in the gaming industry, a number of indie developers are still making these type of games. I have been an adventure fan ever since I played the text based ones on my Commodore 64 all the way up to Syberia on the PC. Here are two from the same developer and they used Adventure Maker which is mentioned in the freeware thread:

Remedy
Free to try/$15 to purchase and have shipped to you

Hope Springs Eternal
Free to try/$18 to purchase and have shipped to you
Old 11-22-2005, 05:36 PM   #61
Antmeister
Pro Starter

An interesting word game with some elements of strategy. Looks somewhat like a kid's game, but it is fun for all the family. Check it out:
Academy of Magic
Free to try(5 trys only)/$19.99 to purchase
Old 12-05-2005, 04:16 AM   #62
Antmeister
Pro Starter

I finally came across some more shareware:

I don't know how many web designers/developers are out there, but if you ever dealt with css in Dreamweaver, you know that it is not the speediest workflow. This software can drastically reduce the amount of time if you primarily work with CSS. Which means you can also customize the blogs and CMS sites to your style much easier. Plus there are over 30 templates that you can use if you don't feel like creating everything from scratch. Just check it out:

Style Master: CSS Editor
Free to try(30 day trial)/$59.99 to purchase
(Windows and Macintosh)

Here is a real time strategy game that is fast paced. What is neat is that this has a campaign mode and you can play single or multiplayer. There have been good reviews about this game, but I have yet to try it. Luckilty there is a demo you could try:
Tribal Trouble
Free to try/$29.95 to buy
(Windows, Macintosh and Linux)

If you are into illustration and don't want to pay Adobe a ridiculous amount of money for Illustrator, this might be your solution. This is yet another popular program that streamlines the process of creating illustrations.
If you cannot afford the $80, there is good news. In the near future they are releasing an oper source version of this very program. Plus they will also support Linux and Macintosh with the new version. Of course all of the extra info is on the bottom of the page. Anyways, here is the link:

Xara Xtreme
Free to try(15 day trial)/$79 dollars to buy
(Window only - for now)